General Diet Plans and Questions - Doing our own thing - November 2003

Jello
11-04-2003, 07:54 AM
OK, you guys are all chicken! :chicken:

:p

Guess I have to start the new thread here!

(Yeah, I know you were just saving it for me. :rolleyes: )

Be sure to go back and read the last few posts from the October thread to be sure you haven't missed anything! Then come on back and post here!

That's an order! :drill:

;)

Jello
11-04-2003, 08:02 AM
Now on to more important things.

Faye, I'm thinking of you and keeping you and Jack in my prayers. Have faith in modern medicine ("It's amazing!" said the cancer survivor.) And of course have faith in God who never throws more at us than we can take.

And DNW, hope to hear from you again soon. I think of you all the time! :love:

Well girls, the scale's actually moving in the right direction, finally, at long last, thank goodness. I've been doing a combination of low-cal, low-fat, low-carb. Just kind of common sense, you know? No Jello, you may not have a candy bar for lunch. Jello, eat that apple instead of those cookies. Hey, Jello, let's go for a walk before plopping down in front of the TV. Seems to be working. :chin: Go figure.

Have to leave early to take Watson to the vet. Poor guy's got a doggy equivalent of pink-eye or something. :( He HATES the vet. It usually takes a few of us to hold him down and I'm not sure how the vet's going to check his eyeball when it's soooo very close to those big teeth. :stress: Could be interesting.

In the mean time, I've got to get to work. Visitors in today and they should be knocking at the door at any minute.

Later.

Tigerlily
11-04-2003, 10:10 AM
NOVEMBER:fr: This year has wizzed by.

Jello, eyeball next to big teeth. Made me laugh out loud. :lol:

I have had more than my share of mini halloween candy bars. So many, that I'm sick at the thought of another. :^: They might as well be a big stinky cigarette cuz I couldn't touch another if I had too. I'm hoping it's gonna be like that huge "I drank too much" hangover that makes people never do it again. :dizzy: I feel lousy.

:grouphug:

Jello
11-05-2003, 08:19 AM
Well, Tiger, looks like it's just you and me. :D Hope you've recovered from Halloween. Chocolate hangover! The worst!

Watson was an angel :angel: at the vet last night. But now he's scheduled for all sorts of tests next Monday. His heart murmur is getting louder and the doctor says his lungs don't sound quite right either. :cry: My baby!!! So Monday morning I have to drop him off before I go to my doctor's appt. Then it's off to see mom and a little shopping and then I get to go rescue him. Hope he doesn't hold this against me. :sorry:

With all the running around last night, I had no time to exercise. Yeah, that's my excuse. :s: Just have to work extra hard at Curves tonight.

Oh, gotta run. Be back later!

Tigerlily
11-05-2003, 09:05 AM
Good morning. I'm sure the others will be along shortly. :yes:

How old is Watson? What a cute name. Our Belle is two years old and I'm amazed at how attached we are to her. She's our first "inside" dog. I had to take her to the vet a couple weeks ago for an allergy shot. I thought she was going to chew her feet off! And her little armpits were all red and raw from scratching.

Has anyone been watching Dr Phils weight loss challenge? I'm catching bits and pieces. I think it's a good thing even if his we dont trust his motivation$. I'm having thoughts of buying his book. :blush:

The kids get out of school early today. So, I'm off to town to run my errands now....because I surely don't want to take them to town. :devil:

Faye, how's your hubby?

Coming down off my chocolate high and still feeling bla...

Tigerlily
11-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Good morning. I'm sure the others will be along shortly. :yes:

How old is Watson? What a cute name. Our Belle is two years old and I'm amazed at how attached we are to her. She's our first "inside" dog. I had to take her to the vet a couple weeks ago for an allergy shot. I thought she was going to chew her feet off! And her little armpits were all red and raw from scratching.

Has anyone been watching Dr Phils weight loss challenge? I'm catching bits and pieces. I think it's a good thing even if his we dont trust his motivation$.

The kids get out of school early today. So, I'm off to town to run my errands now....because I surely don't want to take them to town. :devil:

Faye, how's your hubby?

Coming down off my chocolate high and still feeling bla...

SEMO
11-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Good morning Ladies. Went to the beauty shop last night for my once a month hair cut. Since I quit putting perms in my hair, I have to keep it pretty short. My hair is thick but the hair is fine and STUBORN, no curl whatsoever. Then went to Wally World, since last week they have added a bunch of low-carb food in the grocery side, stuff I've not seen before. I did buy a pizza crust mix to try, can't remember the brand name but will let you know if it's good.

We had sensor lights put all around the house and I guess that the leaves falling last night kept triggering them. What a sight, carport light comes on then off, back of the house (this one stays on for 4 minutes) then the front door, this went on all night! Our yard is lit up like a prison. Bet the neighbors wondered what in the world, well probably not, they know us! Our whole back yard has huge holes; guy is putting in new lines from the septic system. What a messÖÖ.. We may never have a level yard again.

Faye, howís our patient this morning? Hopefully, he is feeling a bit stronger today and each day following.

Jello, Watson will probably be mad at you. They are just like kids, they donít want to miss out on anything, or be left with strangers. Does he pout? My son and DIL, boarded their dog while gone and when they picked him up he wouldnít have anything to do with them for the rest of the day. Funny how they express their feelings.

Tig, Chocolate Hang Over, I donít think that would even keep me out of chocolate. Working on any projects?

Looking forward to going to my exercise class on Saturday, but a little scared too. What if Iím the only 50+ year old there and canít keep up with the class? Iíve already paid so Iím going even if I give out and have to sit and watch. They donít know me from Adam, right?

Work Calleth, hugs to all.
:grouphug:

QuilterInVA
11-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Good morning, ladies! Jello, if excuses counted for exercises, we'd all be a perfect 10 by now. You do good going to Curves. We have a new one in our area and I'm tempted to give it a try. That's probably as far as it will go - being tempted.

Tiger, fill us in on Dr. Phil's weight loss challenge. It's on when I'm working so I never get to see it. Binging on chocolate not only gives me a chocolate hangover - and high blood sugar - but also it goes right through me in the most unpleasant way.

Faye, keep us posted about Jack. Hope he's improving hour by hour.

Semo, your hair is exactly like mine. I keep it short and let it do its own thing. Should give me additional exercise time since I don't have to do my hair!

The boss man cometh, so I goeth. Have a good day!

Cafe976
11-05-2003, 10:44 AM
Hey, all! The days are just rushing past. Can't believe it's the 5th already. It's good, in a way...

The terra cotta soldier in my office bit the dust last night. The cleaners left a note, a tragic accident during dusting. I'm a little broken up about it. :s: Anyone know a kind of glue that's good on pottery? I'm not sure what would work since it's pretty porous.

I've been thinking a LOT about a Dr's appointment I have next week. Obviously, with everything going on, I'm going to be asking him a lot more questions. I literally cannot remember the last wellness visit to a medical doctor. So this is good. Hopefully this will help reinforce my motivation.

I'm tired today, up late playing a game on the computer. That feels really stupid at 32! Next time, I will set an alarm.

Cafe, needs toothpicks for eyelids.

Tigerlily
11-05-2003, 12:38 PM
:sunny: adding some sunshine since all I have are clouds and gloom here. Hard to keep moving on days like this.

Quilter, Dr Phil has people that he is following/helping lose weight. All different sizes, ages, men, women. And he is going over "his steps" to weight loss with them...mentioning his book a lot. But overall, informative and will surely trigger the right stuff in some people. I touched the book at Walmart today, but didnt buy. I have book issues.

SEMO, I'm still working on one of my DS's bedrooms. Picked up switch plate covers today and have a little touching up on the paint job to do. On top of that, I'm trying to pick out new curtains. I bought three different ones to bring home and see how they looked in the house. Ofcourse, the cheapest one didn't look the best. Isn't that how it always goes? And the one I went with is dryclean. Hope I don't regret that. Now...I need new rods. I have curtains and no rods. Ouy.

Cafe, maybe some kind of silicone would work. Maybe liquid nails. It's more like a gel and wouldn't soak in as easy.
I too haven't had a wellness doc appointment FOREVER. Seems like I'm always taking kids to the doc and making appts for DH. Just never go myself.

Off to stir up some lunch. I'm starved! Need to quit letting myself get that way. It makes me weak...in more ways than one.

Jello
11-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Oh Cafe (giggle) I'm so sorry about (chuckle) your soldier (snort).

No really, I'm sorry but your comment about being broken up about it made me spit out my water all over the computer keyboard! :lol: Giggled all during the clean up. Hope it keeps on working or I'm going to make you explain to the IT manager why I need a new one! Sorry I can't help with any glue suggestions. Maybe try a craft store if you can find a knowledgeable clerk?

Quilter, I love Curves. (I mean the workout place, not the big ones tucked under my waistband.) I've tried other gyms but they're intimidating and unfriendly. Best part of Curves is that you're in and you're out. 30 minutes - true to their word. :D

Semo, let us know about that pizza crust! :T Oh and every time I get my hair cut, it gets shorter.

... :lol: I just realized how that sounded! What I mean is that I always have her cut it shorter than she cut it the time before. And it is easier the shorter it goes, isn't it?

Faye, how you doin' honey? How's Jack?

And DNW, I hope you'll post again soon. Just to say hi. Love ya!

Better go. The old *itch is in the boss's office *itching about something. :mad: Hope it has nothing to do with me. I'm not in the mood for her tantrums today.

Cafe976
11-05-2003, 03:57 PM
OmGosh, Jello - when I got in this morning MY old *itch was in the boss's office! But she was getting *itched out herself. :s: But I do the same thing - always worry if it's about me. Sometimes it is! It's funny, but the slacker WILL complain about the one who picks up the slack. I don't understand it, but at least I recognize it.

OK, I've got a picture to share, let me try.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/219403/terracottamanrests2.jpg

I've created a new look for terra cotta soldiers. It's a bit more relaxed than the traditional poses, but I think it works.

OK Got to quit clowning around and get back to work. I was really popping in for a Jack update anyhow.

Oh, yeah: Tiger, put the book down. Now step back, slowly. LOL. {{hugs}}

And sorry about the keyboard earlier, Jello, I was feeling punny this morning.

gma22
11-06-2003, 07:03 AM
Hey ladies! Sorry I didn't get in yesterday. Jack was supposed to get to come home and I had a list of ? to ask so I didn't want to stray from the hospital. Dr Anderson got caught and couldn't get away to make rounds so he didn't get there until 4PM. I was so totally wiped last night. I did get to bring him home!

Jack is doing really well except I tried to tell him he would be really weak for awhile just walking short distances. I don't think he believed me but he does now! He is on 5 meds and they are going to cost us about $150 a month and that is with prescription card/insurance. We move to the other insurance in Jan so that will be a lot better, but this is sure the worst time of the year for added expenses, you know?

I was just so tired last night after we got home, but I had to still cook a full dinner for Jack. I told him that in times past I would have ordered pizza or chinese to be delivered but there is no more of that now! I fixed him a nice chopped steak with salad and a dinner roll. He is going to take to the food changes just fine and I am trying my darndest to make them just regular meals but lower in fat, salt etc. Luckily, he doesn't have high blood pressure or diabetes so I don't have those issues to deal with.

I better quit blabbing and get my day started. I will check back in later when I have time to just sit and jaw with you all!

(Tig, please except our condolences reg Notre Dame. This is the worst year they have had in eons!)

Faye

Tigerlily
11-06-2003, 08:05 AM
Good Morn'n,
Faye, so glad to hear your DH is home. Extra expenses at the holidays...isn't that how it always goes? And as for Notre Dame...I still stand by them. It's in my blood. Women's basketball starts this weekend. :)

Cafe, I'm trying hard to "step away from the book". I told myself I was done wasting money on diet books. Must....be....strong.

My other half mentioned joining the gym again after the holidays. I wish there were better options when choosing a gym, but not much in this booneville neck of the woods. The one we are thinking about relocated a few years ago because of a fire, so at least it isn't cruddy old. Just small.

You girls and your old *itches. I don't miss those days. Dread the day when I go back to work. Can't see me staying home forever. :no:

Off to make beds. woohoo, can hardly stand the excitement.:p

QuilterInVA
11-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Faye, so glad Jack is home and doing well. The dietary changes will be good for both of you. Aren't you glad you made up the 30 days of meals.

Looks like rain today...but 80 degrees! The trees are finally starting to turn color and drop their leaves - really late for that, attributed to the very wet summer.

Shopping for new software today...something that makes org charts.

Jello
11-06-2003, 09:05 AM
Faye, I'm so glad to hear that Jack's home! :) And you, girlie, are amazing, making a big ol' dinner and taking care of things. As for the finances, well, I'm sure the family would understand if Christmas gifts were a little smaller this year. Take care of both of you!

Tiger, Watson is 14-1/2 now. I got him when he was about 10 months old from the SPCA. He'd been abused and was an unholy terror - afraid of everyone and very aggressive because of it. Now, he's a ... ooh, hope he forgives me for saying this ... real pussycat! :lol: He's really mellowed in his old age.

Semo, no, he's not really known to pout. That's my cat. We left her alone for a couple days once and she wouldn't speak to me for days afterward. She'd walk into the room, turn her back on me and sit down. "Humph mommy." :snooty:

BTW Semo, loved your story about the sensor lights! We had the one on our back porch go haywire once and flash like a strobe light in a very disco effect. Get down and get funky!!! :cb:

Cafe, soldier boy looks very comfy! :lol: Unfortunately around here, everyone fears the old *itch and she never has to answer for her mistakes or stupidity. Well, that plus the fact that the boss is afraid of confronting anyone, especially her. Spineless, I believe it's called. Oh well, can't really blame him. She may cast an evil spell on him. Guess she's just ticked because someone dropped a house on her sister. :s: Snicker.

Quilter, I'm sending the rain your way, 'k? Drove home last night in one of those sudden storms that drops buckets of rain and turns the streets into raging rivers and the intersections into lakes. 6 mile drive took about an hour and then I peeled my fingers off the steering wheel and went into the house and stayed there. No Curves last night. :no: But I did get on the treadmill with my little wrist weights for half an hour. :yes:

Well, I'm off. Have to get all my affairs in order. It's the end of the world, you know. The old *itch said good morning to me today. :eek: Sign of the apocalypse!

Very weird.

Cafe976
11-06-2003, 10:07 AM
Faye - no apologies for not being here! I think you were on more important business. I'm so glad that Jack is home and on the mend.

Quilter - all our leaves fell off early - they said it was because we didn't get much moisture so at least the stories match up. You might be able to do the org charts with just an upgrade - Powerpoint 2002 has improved that tool quite a lot over the 2000 version. It's actually a sub-program called MS Org Chart that runs in the background, and there is a way to save the chart as it's own file independant of PPT and then open and edit in MS Org Chart and then use the INSERT OBJECT command to put it back into Word, Powerpoint, or whatever. This is helpful for larger charts that confound PPT. But like I said, there's a world of difference between Office 2000 and 2002 when it comes to org charts, IMO. Hope it helps.

Jello - Actually, it doesn't mattter if the *itches get confronted or not - part of their mojo is that they can not be fired no matter how much anyone tries. (True story!) So don't fret about the boss in that regard, at least he is rewarding you according to your performance.

SEMO - I think Jello's got a great idea, you could turn the yard into an outdoor disco! hee hee.

Tiger - Maybe you could check the book out at the library? The often have waiting lists for new releases. :shrug:

I forgot to bring my lunch today! Duh. It's clear and cold in the frozen north today & I can see for miles out boss's window. I've been freezing my butt off though because I've been will NOT put on my old winter coat. This weekend I have to shop. :halffull:

SEMO
11-06-2003, 11:40 AM
Good Morning Girlfriends!

Faye, so happy that Jack's home. Now when he takes a nap you take one too. That's an order from Dr Semo. At least try and rest up the rest of the week. Stress will drag you down if you don't take care of yourself.

Cafe, I think that little fella needs a softer pillow. Poor guy is going to have a terrible headache resting on that rock. On the Office *ITCH, I would sure like to know what it is that they have over on the boss that they can get away with everything. I've worked in a lot of different places and there always seems to be one in every office. Well, not this place 'cause I'm the only female here. AND I KNOW WHAT YOUR THINKING, but it ain't so.:D

Jello, disco lights, you know if you and Cafe, need more light exposure, just come for a visit! You'll think it's daytime all night. Yesterday I tried to adjust the sensors, I think it helped.

Carol, how are things going for you? I'm sure you are still trying to adjust and I can only imagine how hard it is. Hope to hear from you soon.

It was 80 degrees Monday and 43 this AM. It's rainy and looks nasty out. Hey, I'll go home and turn on some disco lights! WooHoo.........

Quilter, Is this something new you are getting or having to replace a program from the old system. I don't know what the heck Cafe was talking about when she was describing those programs. Who knew we had two Teckys amoung us!

Tig, I'm counting the days until I can retire. I would quit in a heartbeat and be very content to stay home. I have so many things that I want to do and just don't make the time to do them. Mostly my fault because I let other things get in the way, and I just don't do whats fun for me anymore. Note to self: Time to do something fun! On the book purchases, I just ordered (yes, another diet book) from amazon and went the used book route. Think I spent 2.50 + SH total of about $5. So if I don't like it I haven't wasted much.

Well gotta get busy here. See you later.

Jello
11-06-2003, 03:19 PM
I'm very frightened. :fr:

See, I'm the webmaster here and I've been working on redoing our entire company website. Couldn't stand the way it looked any more so I redid it entirely. Took weeks and lots of work.

Anyway, today I sent an email to every employee of the company asking them to check it out and check for errors or broken hyperlinks, etc. I got a couple of suggestions and a couple compliments, including one from the company president. :encore: Score one for Jello.

And I got a very nice emailed compliment from ....

..... can you believe it!? ....

...... the old *itch! :yikes:

Huh? :shrug:

First a "good morning" from her and now this!?!?!? What is this world coming to!?!?!?

Very frightened indeed.....

SEMO
11-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Jello, WATCH YOUR BACK! and stay out of dark corridors. This cannot be a good sign.:D

DNW
11-06-2003, 04:28 PM
Hi Gals:

Faye: I am so sorry about Jack, But I am thrilled to know he pulled through and will be fine...I couldn't bear you going through what I am now handling...today would have been Bob's 54th birthday so it's a little hard for me the past couple of days. Please make sure Jack does whatever they tell him too...Bob got a little too over confident after the first heart attack and this lead to his untimely passing.

To everyone else: I am getting through the days and going to bereavement support and seeing the therapist...I also am journaling my food again so there have not been any gains.

I think of you all alot and wish you all so much happiness...will write more when I can.

Love,
Carol

gma22
11-07-2003, 08:00 AM
Carol: It is so great to hear from you! I am making Jack toe the line, though he is being wonderful. He gets exhausted over everything, but he just rests. We try to combine trips up the stairs so he isn't doing that too much which really tires him out!

Jello: YOU ARE SO WITH IT GIRL! A WHOLE WEBSITE? WOOHOO!

I just wanted to peek in. I have to get going we have flu vaccines and I have more shopping to do!

Faye

QuilterInVA
11-07-2003, 08:12 AM
Good morning, ladies! Looks like a pretty day, but only into the low 60's today - quite a change from earlier in the week.

Have to go to a covered dish tonight and I just hate them - for one thing it's hard to make something I can carry around to work and then the dinner and also because I know there won't be much that I should eat - way too many desserts and starches. Last time, I took my cue from another person who has always been very brave and brought her own food and not even looked at what was on the table. Think I might just stop and get a Cobb Salad at McDonalds and have my Mocha Ricotta Creme for dessert. I really go for the quilting, not the eating.

All of a sudden, it's time to really get working on my Christmas gifts or they won't be done again. It's not good when I start feeling overwhelmed this early on.

My husband and I have signed up to have a couple of sailors for Thanksgiving dinner. We've been doing this for 7 years now. It's good for us to do something for someone else. And its good for them to know we appeciate their efforts in keeping us safe.

I got my software ordered - upgrade to MS Visio 2003. It's worked well for us for years. Now HE wants voice recognition so I guess Dragon Speak will be my next project. I always have to learn it first so HE can cuss, say it's too much trouble, and refuse to learn to use it. One click is supposed to do it all.

Jello
11-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Quilter :s: that's the rule. Always push for the software YOU want so when he doesn't use it anymore or doesn't like it, it becomes yours! It's a great thing you're doing for the sailors, taking them in during the holidays like that. It's hard to be alone or without family at the holidays.

Faye, don't be too impressed with the website. Our company is very high-tech and that makes the website really dry. Pages and pages of technical specs and boring text. I'm just trying to liven it up a bit without the managers (also dry and boring! :rolleyes: ) getting all panicked.

Carol, I'm so glad to hear from you. I hope that you are taking good care of yourself. Know that we all love you here. {{{CAROL}}}

Semo, yes, I'm still alive. I know how to bob and weave :dance: with the best of them! :lol: The good :?: news is that she's back to her usual *itchy self this morning. All is right with the world again.

Well, I have to go. Lots to do. I'm off Monday. Have to drop off Mr. Watson at the vet for his tests and get to my doctor's appt. all within 15 minutes on Monday AM. Could get tricky. After that, I'm meeting Mom for some shopping, swinging back to pick up pup and home by mid-afternoon. I hope. Whew, I'm already tired. :yawn: Will have to come into work on Tuesday just to rest up.

Take care all!

Cafe976
11-07-2003, 11:38 AM
LOL @ Semo! I NEVER for a minute thought that YOU were the old whatsis at your office. :no:

Yeah, it's a matter of perspective home vs. work. I was thinking making beds sounds pretty good, just like you. But I understand where Tiger is coming from too.. when the days are unstructured you feel like your brain is draining away and you're wasting time w/o knowing what you wish it was you were doing. At least, I've felt that way once or twice.

2 words, though: FLY LADY. I've been reading her emails and I think that someday I will be ready to be home without feeling lost... because when the things you're dreading are already done you don't feel bad about going and doing what you really want to do - all you need is the strength to face the fear of finding out what that really is. The message is, when you get rid of your clutter it will just come to you naturally. I'd like to give it a try, anyway. But I'm on the working but wish I was doing something else side of the fence right now. :shrug:

Jello - I didn't know you were a WEBMASTER. Glad to hear that things are back to normal at the office. :lol:

Carol - Good to hear from you. Hang in there! Don't worry about not having much to say, but do let us know from time to time that you're okay - or if there's any encouragement we can possibly provide. {{hugs}}

Quilter - Got a plan for an evening that would otherwise be a challenge. Good going!

OK, it's FRIDAY! Can I get a Yippee!? Just got an email that coats are 30% off starting today at Lane Bryant. Also have a coupon good for $25 off $75 or $50 off $150 purchase. So I am going to go look at coats - maybe tonight. Just last night I was thinking about giving in and going back to the old one. But now I'm encouraged.

Tigerlily
11-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Hi! Just pop'n in to give a Friday YIPPEE!
I'm looking forward to the weekend and having my family at home. Spending too much time inside my head alone these days.
Still dealing with my Dad's lung cancer. Found out yesterday the doc's are not happy with his progress with the chemo treatment. Dad hasn't come out and given us (me and my sis) bad news, but I know it's not a good thing. He's 56...and I feel like I'm...a big baby.
It's been a tough year all the way around.

Cafe, you're right. The unstructured days aren't easy. I've been to Flylady, but haven't "gotten into it". Maybe I should try.

Jello, enjoy your long weekend! Hope Mr Watson does ok at the vet. Puppy Love. :p

Hey to everone else! I need to get my rear in gear on the house work!

SEMO
11-07-2003, 12:48 PM
Good Morning Ladies! Itís Friday, itís Friday :dance: and payday. Letís just hear a WooHoo.

Carol, so good to hear from you. I think of you often and know that what you are going through is not easy. Praying that family and friends are close by to comfort you through this time. :chockiss:'s

(((Tig, Faye, Carol, oh heck might as well add us all, Jello, Cafe, Huntress, Bright, Elizabeth, Dy, and me too))) Love you guys! :grouphug:

My DS called this morning with news that he bought a new truck, well itís a 2003 that was still on the lot. Heís been going back Ďn forth with two different salesmen on two types of trucks for two weeks. Anyway ford came out with an additional rebate, so that was the deal maker. At lunch, Iíll have to make a mad dash home get the safety deposit key and try and find his title, then transfer some money into his account. After this gift, weíre done, DH promised he would give him money for the down payment plus his old truck. DS, welcome to world of adult hood. I donít know if I told you all that he went to work for a manufacturing company as an Inventory Controller. Little *hit, lucked up and found a very good paying job with great benefits, lots more than I make. Plus he gets to live at home for free. $$$ Hope I get a really good Christmas present this year. :gift:

My class is TOMORROW, I did get an email from the trainer and she said not to worry about being new or older, she will make sure that we work at our own levelÖ..Hmmmmmm wonder if they have SOFA exercises or perhaps remote pushing aerobics. Ahhhhhhh such wit.:stars:

Itís my lunchtime, so Iím ready for the mad dashÖÖ. You all have a great weekend and Iíll talk to you Monday.

Jello
11-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Well Semo, I thought it was pretty funny! :lol: My kind of exercise! BTW, thanks for the big group hug. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside now. Have a great time at your class tomorrow!

Group of us going out after work today for a quick drink or two. I have to be good. Today was the attack of the leftover Halloween candy around here. :chockiss: :m: :cookie: etc. All equals :ink: Well, I don't usually drink more than one beer if I'm going to be driving anyway. I'll just have to sit far away from the happy hour food buffet.

Tiger, I echo your Yippee!!! Little more than an hour and counting. The bad news is that the boss just got done with his visitors and I'm sure he'll suddenly decide it's time to "start working". Ooooooh nooooooo....!! :o

Cafe, that's "Webmistress"! :queen: Does have quite a ring to it, doesn't it? Hear me roar!

And on that note, I'm roaring: HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!

gma22
11-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Tig: Your family is certainly in my prayers. I know how difficult it is with your dad being so young (I can say young because he is only 6 years older than I !:lol: ) Here's hoping his chemo really kicks in and does the trick!

Semo: My son is buying a truck too and he called his dad a couple nights ago to check on him and told him that his fiance is trying to get him to wait a couple days and not be too anxious but he wanted to drive it home. Well, he was back home without it so guess who is going to be the pants in that family! :lol: She will keep him in line for sure. It is sure nice having a pharmacist in the family. She can tell me all the stuff I need to know about Jack's drugs. BTW, what the heck does that mean, at your own level? She think you need remedial reading first? :lol:

Quilt: Thank you in advance for taking in the Sailors for Thanksgiving. It really does mean a lot to them even if they don't say so. We used to do that too. My dd who was about 7 at the time used to get all dreamy eyed at them and she was so cute, blond, and tiny the guys fawned all over her which made it worse! I had one guy who Jack was his supervisor and Kelly absolutely adored, send me a crystal bell ornament and real maple syrup (he was from Maine) for Christmas after having him for Thanksgiving dinner one year. It always made me feel good just to mother someone I guess!

I have been busy busy the last two days and you know I am getting back to normal now. I cleaned the whole house including waxing the downstairs floors! I took Jack out yesterday to the mall and wheeled him around in a wheelchair. Good exercise for me and got him out of the house for awhile.

Well, better go. I have sheets in the washer.

Faye

QuilterInVA
11-10-2003, 08:06 AM
Happy Monday to all. I bought Dr. Phil's book over the weekend. He does make some sense and really makes you think about what your goals are and how to achieve them. I'm going to do one key a week so I can really think about it and how to apply it. Surprisingly, his food plan is very similar to South Beach. Than I read an article in Woman's Day and it, too, said the carbs have to be cut to be healthy. Not low carb, but controlled good carbs seem to be the way to go alright. Makes me glad since that RDA get paid so much to help me plan my food. My biggest downfall is getting all the exercise in. Going to work on that.

Tigerlily
11-10-2003, 01:54 PM
Oh sure, buy Dr Phil's book and make me want to buy it too. :rolleyes:
I would check it out at the library, but there is no library in my township. Hickville. There is one IN town, but I have to pay for a library card. I've paid for one in the past, just didnt get one this year.

Faye, sounds like you are getting back in the groove. How long has it been since you've had a job outside the home? How do you keep so motivated with the house stuff? You always seem to be on top of things.

I got some exercise in today raking. Sore arms. Yard is so big, area I raked looks pea size. But really raked up a lot of leaves. Really.:dizzy: Ofcourse, DH will get home and think to himself...."is that all she got done". Superman could have done it better.

I think I'm in a bad mood today. :shrug: PMS, yeah, that's it. :^:

SEMO
11-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Hey Girls, I survived the exercise clinic. Iím really sore still, but it was great. There were only 11 of us there so we got lots of individual attention. Biggest part of this group was in my age range and weight. I will definitely go whenever there is another within driving distance.

Iím busy today so Iíve got to get back to work. Did want to tell Tig, that we mow our leaves. Iíd never get those leaves racked so we just run the mower over them, plus itís good for the ground too.

Itís Monday and once again I am making my commitment to do better this week. Big Sigh! Itís so much easier just to be lazy and eat junk, donít you think!

Gotta run.

gma22
11-10-2003, 06:03 PM
Tig: It was a year last August when I worked last. I just keep looking and it will come when it comes. I think maybe I should just be patient. God knows what he is doing. After all, what kind of a mess would I be in if Jack had his heart attack and I had been working? I am very obsessive compulsive about stuff so I just feel compelled to do it even if I am tired, I push myself. Believe me, it has its drawbacks when nothing is ever clean enough!

I have to tell you, these new menus are making me lose more weight than I ever have and I am eating better food too. I get dessert every night and who can say that, right? I fixed chicken cordon bleu for dh tonight with bak pot, veggie and pineapple upside down cake. It was either low or no fat and was delicious. I told Jack that he is eating more foods that he would never touch if he knew about them than ever before (ie, non fat yogurt is the batter for the chicken recipe above, I put splenda in everything instead of sugar etc)

I am down another 5 lbs just since last Thurs! Twoterville is so close I can taste it now! I went and bought my very first pair of pant style pjs today, got home and tried them on and....THEY WERE TOO BIG! WOOHOO! I kept them because they are still very comfortable and have a drawstring in the pant but I could have easily worn the next smaller size.

Jack is coming along. He walked on his own for about 10 minutes in Best Buy today and then used a scooter when we went to Walmarts. He still tires very easily, but you can see in his face he is getting his strength back day to day.

Everybody have a terrific evening. I am going to go and put clothes away!

Faye

Tigerlily
11-11-2003, 09:29 AM
Good morning!
Faye, sounds like you had a nice boost to your weightloss. Twoterville :) ...I've never heard that one before.

Semo, I mow SOME of our leaves, but not all. I have areas that are way to thick....mounds of leaves. I usually try to rake "out front". Yesterday I had to dig out the driveway. Then there's the back, back yard area...I don't even think about raking that. One of these years I'm going to get a bagger for the lawn mower. :yes:

Today, youngest son has a dentist appointment. I'm waiting for the Culligan man to get here and get gone so I can take a shower. "Hey Culligan Man!"

:wave:

QuilterInVA
11-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Good for you, Faye! Twoterville is almost here! I couldn't handle the desserts everyday. They are a special occasion in our house. Carbs make me crave more carbs and feel hungry. Pineapple Upside Down cake is my absolute favorite, too. I'm glad to know you've found what works for you.

It has gotten really cold - actually had to finally put the heat on last night and get a jacket for today. But the sun is out and that makes me feel better. Raking leaves - hum, guess they will have to fall off the trees first - or what is left of the trees. It's been a very strange fall. 80% are still green.

I'm really liking what I read in Dr. Phil's book. He has a good, no nonsense approach and is very helpful in finding permanent solutions - and letting the reader know everyone is not going to be model thin. I'm trying to do the exercises with some real thought into the answers. Still sticking with SB.

Cafe976
11-11-2003, 10:28 AM
HEY Ladies! Somehow, I'm still tired after this weekend... We were BUSY. So I'm just poking along, trying to get motivated to get my desk cleared off. None of the projects I have today are THAT important, but yet they all need to be done. Deadlines really work better for me.

Paul had begun a particularly ambitious Indian curry last night before I came home - so I dove in and helped him set it to simmering and we had a late but delicious dinner. MMmmm... curry!

Not too much to add... I'm fortunate on the yard maintenance end of things because we have a condo so that's taken care of by the association dues. :smug:

~Cafe

gma22
11-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Tig: I am fighting the leaf battle myself and we only have one tree in our little deck area. I do get leaves from the condo next door who has 2 trees. I blow them about once a week out to the corner of the garage and make the lawn maintenance people bag them up. I have to pay through association fees for lawn maintenance so they can earn their money! :lol:

Cafe: I have never had curry, but always wanted to try it. I am not big on Indian foods, but I always thought curry sounded good.

Susan: I like Dr Phil's diet approach too, but he burns me up selling those bars and shakes and such and now has national commercials about them. For someone who doesn't think we should have to use that stuff, he sure does tout it!

Jack is having back problems. He strained his back a few nights ago in bed and I am having trouble getting the pain to go away. He sat up all night in the recliner with a heating pad on and I just tucked him back in bed with Ben Gay and a short massage. Guess breakfast is alone this morning for me! :lol:

Well, chores are calling as usual!

Faye

Tigerlily
11-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Hump Day!
Faye, I also dont understand Dr Phil selling diet products. It goes against one of his tips. The tip is to eat foods that take longer to prepair and fix so ya don't wolf your food down without knowing it. Diet bar, two bites, gone. Doesn't make sense.
Quilter, does he mention his "products" in the book?

I just got home from the vet and grocery store. Silly dog has allergies. Her little arm pits are raw and she' gonna chew a paw off pretty soon. The grocery store....99cent donut holes....*banging head on desk*. I'm broken. Still holding steady under 200 and hope joining the gym with DH after Christmas comes true and does the trick.

:df:

lizabeth
11-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone!

Been catching up on the November stuff. Missed being a part of the group.

I have been soaring along, losing my 1-2 lbs a week, feeling downright superior and cocky. Family dinners, restaurants... no problem for me, I'm focused and committed.

But then my brother calls... his girl friend tossed him out with only the clothes on his back and his truck... said he could get his stuff when he paid her back the $$ he owes her. (Did I mention he has no job? He's a professional gigalo?) So he calls me collect, and I tell him I don't have any money because I'm not working but that he can stay here (80 miles from where he lives). Not good enough. So after 5 collect phone calls in a 5 hr period (the final one with "tears"), I drive an hour and a half with money we don't have, to bail his butt out (hubby on nights...had to break the news to him the next morning. THAT was fun). DB didn't want to talk, just took the cash & ran. Anyway, I spent the next two days on an eating orgy. After he got the $$ he never called back. Is he Okay?? My son said it was too bad he didn't do drugs. I thought that was an odd statement so I say why? He says at least that would explain why he acts like he does... :joker:

So...like Tiger & Cafe I'm thinking, maybe I need to get Dr. Phil's book, start working on the keys... I'm ovbiously not as in control as I thought... Oh wait, I can't. Con Artist brother has all my cash... :dunno:

Faye: My stress is nothing compared to yours. I'm going to get started on my menus today!! Congratulations for staying on track and I hope Jack mends quickly. My DH had a heart attack five years ago, 10 of these extra lbs I'm toting around are his... ;)

Jello: I hope I get a job soon so I can have my own *itch. You actually made me miss her. Old and fat women have a hard time finding a job... Trying to do something about the fat, I'm just going to have to live with the old. :hot: I did go to a job interview the other day, and I looked pretty damned good in my 3 peice knit pantsuit... down 22 lbs.

Oh well. Enough *itching.

QuilterInVA
11-12-2003, 04:17 PM
Dr. Phil briefly mentioned bars and shakes in his book, not his specifically and recommended they only be used as "emergency" food - carry one with you in case you can't find good food - or an occasional snack. He does not advocate replacing meals like breakfast with a bar or shake. He also says to watch out for the ones that have high carbs. His are actually pretty good and a good size, not 2 bites. I had a meeting to go to on short notice and no time for lunch so I ate that and then had a salad when I got back to work.

gma22
11-12-2003, 06:37 PM
lisabeth: Kiddo, I know how hard it must be, but you are enabling your brother BIG TIME by basically letting him control you. You should have told him after the 2nd call you don't have the money can't get the money and can't afford the collect calls so to go somewhere else for it and then not take another collect call from him. He is a huge MOOCH and when he didn't even appreciate what you did means he thinks he DESERVES money from other people. It is your decision, but I certainly wouldn't do this again or you are going to end up with big trouble. BTW, no problem is bigger than the next. I am sure sorry you are having to deal with something like this along with the job issue. At least, they call you. I bet I have applied for 50 jobs and not one call so I don't know whether they think I am over qualified, under qualified or what. I never put the dates I graduated for high schoo or went to college so they don't know how old I am, but I do have 6 years of experience in the jobs I apply for, so who knows? My take on it is that the good Lord knew what was going to happen so didn't want me to have problems by having a job to deal with along with Jack. Good luck with the job prospects.

Susan: He is also selling supplements and I would like to know who his "nutrionist" is if he has one because they don't know squat what an apple or a pear shape is. The supplements say that an apple shape is anyone with a tush area of more than 40 inches and pear if less and that is NOT right. It all has to do with where the bulk of your weight, no matter how much it is, is carried. Any idiot can figure it out. If you look in the mirror and your hips are much bigger than the upper part, you are a pair. It you basically are round with no visable waist you are an apple, then there is the hour glass, the inverted triangle, etc, so it kind of puts me off him a little bit. He is a psychologist and that is all. I am glad you like the book though!

Well, I am going to go check on dh. He was kind of in a blue funk today so he is going out with me tomorrow for a good portion of the morning.

Faye

Cafe976
11-13-2003, 10:31 AM
Hey all!

Poor DH has a tummy flu kind of thing. I was feeling kind of ookey and didn't get much sleep so I was TIRED yesterday. But last night I went to bed on time and feel REFRESHED today. Wahoo!

It's a good thing because I've got a bunch of junk to finish today and send out of town for a big meeting. Labeled folders of handouts customized for each attendee and name badges... tedium. Usually we'd send a lot of this out, but we're going low budg this quarter to save $$.

{{{lizabeth}}} It's in the past now. Time to get back to normal - where you were before and let it go. You've made great progress! Don't cheat yourself of it. And don't take calls from him anymore.

Gotta run - I'll drop back by if I get a chance. Howdy to everyone!!

QuilterInVA
11-13-2003, 12:02 PM
Faye, I've read in other books that a pear is anyone with a waist over 35 inches because carrying fat in the abdominal area sets you up for a heart attack and they don't seem to do the triange and all the other shapes just apple and pear. One of the books was the Insulin Resistant Diet. Perhaps the definition has changed, like so many other things. Since he never says these things are required, I don't have a problem with him having them. It's all in reading labels and being an informed consumer.

SEMO
11-13-2003, 12:09 PM
Just a quick Hello..........HELLO. Have been in Regulatory Meetings for the last couple of days. BORING!! Food was terrible, you would at least hope for something good to eat. While we were there yesterday, EPA dropped in at one of the locations, so everyone else is scrambling around today making sure all our I's are dotted and T's crossed. Gotta run.

lizabeth
11-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Hi all. Much better today.

I'm finding the Dr. Phil discussion facinating. I went to his website and pulled up some menus and in the first set (not the ones by the nutrionist) each day called for a snack in the a.m. and p.m that included either one of his bars or shakes. That really put me off, but I went ahead and looked at the other menus (in an adobe format by week) done by the nutritionist and they only had one snack and one breakfast for the entire week using his products. The meal plans look pretty good, very similar to what I'm already doing.

There is one thing I'm wondering about, and it may be addressed in the book. Does everyone get the same number of calories regardless of their weight? Is there a stepdown in calories? Seems to me if there isn't some sort of tapering off, the weight loss would be stalling out about now.

Faye: I do have my college graduation date on my resume. I went back to school after my kids went to school so imagine the shock :eek: when the interviewer is expecting someone in their mid 30's and a woman in her late 40's shows up... Its like they can smell the menopause. :yikes:
And the blues that your DH is having are all part of the heart attack. My DH had it so bad I mentioned it to the doctor and he said it was just part of the shock (read: wakeup call) that the heartattack caused. If he wanted to continue life as he knew it, he would have to change. That's enough to scare the you-know-what out of anyone. The good news is my DH did quit smoking and cut his drinking to an occasional beer. His cholesteral and blood pressure numbers are better than mine now!!

Later.

SEMO
11-13-2003, 05:24 PM
Lizabeth, that was so funny about smelling menopause! You'll get your lucky break when you least expect it. And when you were talking about your brother, well I've got one just like him. DH paid the sales tax on his truck when they were going to come and get it. Not once has he even mentioned it the other several thousand dollars that he's borrowed or tried to pay any of it back. My husband is such a softy, no one would ever be turned down. He gets mad at himself for letting others take advantage of him but would lay awake at night because he didn't help. A no win situation. Me...... burn me once and it seldom happens again..... that's why de didn't ask me for the money. I'll help anyone, as long as they try and help themselves. Next time, just say well you never made an effort to repay me and I can't cause my family the hardship of going without. No I'll do better and I promises either he had the opportunity before he asked again. (I'm a tough 'ol bird...... maybe it's the MENOPAUSE!;)

I'll have to pass on the Dr Phil book, something about that guy. The few times that I've seem him on tv, he just, well seemed too cocky for me. If it works for you, great. Maybe you can help me fine the root of all my chocolate binges.

Getting close to quitting time, see you later.

QuilterInVA
11-13-2003, 05:24 PM
This is not a plan where you count calories. It is an exchange plan and the calories will vary depending on your choices. In his outline, for what to eat each day, he does not mention his foods - just so many servings of protein, so many starches, etc. Dr. Phil says we are learning to eat for life so this is not a strict regimen. You have to get in tune with your body to know how much you can eat to lose or maintain with your lifestyle. He does say you definitely will have to learn to eat a nutritious diet and leave the junk foods behind except for rare treats.

Jello
11-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Hey all! Remember me? It's been a week since I posted! My, how unlike me to refrain from rambling for a week. :rolleyes:

So last night, I wrote a big long post, hit submit ... and the stupid 'puter crashed. :mad: Grumble.

In my post, I rambled on about how I went to Delaware Park last Saturday and won $2000!!!!! :cb: :cb: I also told about how I spent Sunday raking leaves until I was so sore I could hardly move. And it felt soooo good! :strong: Then I told the story of how I got home on Saturday to find a message from the vet's office saying how I should bring in Watson at 9:00 Monday morning and how they'll see me at 9:00 and 9:00 this and 9:00 that. Now when I was in last week, I made it clear that I had a dr's appt at 8:45 and had to drop off Watson no later than 8:30!!!! So I called them (they were closed of course) :( and left them a message cancelling the appt. (Read them the riot act, I did!!!)

Monday, the doctor gave me a clean bill of health :D and then mom and I shopped like crazy!! Still didn't buy the winter coat I desperately need but ... Then I got home to a message from the vet's office asking me where I was and why didn't I drop off Watson!! Augh!!!!!! Boy, did I call them back! :s:

I banged my leg on one of the machines at Curves last night and have a huge bruise now. Ah yes, years of being a klutz. :stars: But I am not deterred. I found out my insurance company will pay me $150 if I go to an approved gym (Curves is! :) ) 120 times in 365 days. So I signed up and officially start that on November 22. Hm, they also have a plan with Weight Watchers. $200 if I go each week and make goal. Hm..... :chin:

Rambling, rambling..... And now I have to go. Much to do today. TGIF and all that. This post wasn't nearly the wonderful work of literature that the one I lost was but what can you do? I have been reading and promise to write more personally to each of you soon. Promise!

Later!

Tigerlily
11-14-2003, 08:45 AM
Good Morning.
It's funny how DrPhil stikes people differently. I can see how someone could be turned off by him. I actually like him and his approach most of the time. And if he has a cure for chocolate binges, I might just love him. :p

Today, I'm meeting my sister at my parents house. We are going to be painting one room and re-arranging a bedroom. It's not a surprise this time and my mother is a little uneasy about us doing this for her. We really want to do it and she really needs the help. She'll just have to get over it.

Hey Jello! I was wondering where you were hiding. Money. That's incentive!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Keep those food demons at bay and exercise, exercise, exercise!
:wave:

Cafe976
11-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Hey all! I am LOL at SEMO's comment re: dr phil. I have to wholeheartedly agree. I don't know what it is - please don't take offense anyone, but I have to turn him off when he comes on the TV. Somehow between his looks, accent and attitude he is exactly the kind of man I would not want to tell me ANYthing. LOL. I would like to see HIM on a reality show. :devil:

Wellllll things are still hot here at work. Got everything that could possibly go out the door last night. The stuff they hadn't even STARTED they'll have to carry in their suitcases. So today I do the other half. If they hadn't taken me along to the suite at the hockey game last night... but as it stands I have no complaints. Plus it's Friday! Can I get a Woohoo?

Jello - What can I say but you have been busy!! Wow!

Oh, I want to say more but I have to go. :( Thinking of all of you.

Jello
11-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Cafe,

WOO HOO!!!!!!

That's it. That's all.

lizabeth
11-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Damn! Lost another dream job to a "promotion from within". If I had a dollar for every time I was fed that line I wouldn't need to work. :blah:

Oh well. Christmas is too commercialized anyway. I'll knit the kids a scarf.

Went to walk yesterday. Our huge bbq grill turned over on its side should have been an indication as to how windy it was but I went anyway. My friend and I were 1/2 way around the track, the frigid wind blowing right through us, our hands were frozen even with gloves and our teeth were chattering. We cut across the grass and headed back to the car. Ended up eating breakfast at the local coffeeshop! I've GOT to get a treadmill!!! :tread:

The wind has died down, now it's just cold. I'm heading out as soon as I finish here.

Susan: I noticed you are almost to goal. :cp: That must be so exciting. Whatever you're doing must be right.

Semo: Thanks for your encouragement. I was probably suffering from a menomoment when I softend... it must have been his tears :cry:

Jello: What a great wellness benefit! You may as well take advatage of it if you're going anyway.

Cafe: According to this morning's news, Dr. Phil is in a lot of trouble for locking a woman in a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor to keep her isolated until her appearance on the show where he planned to unveil the results of a DNA test that would prove whether she killed her husband or not (a crime she served 10 years in jail for.) Apparently, the stress was so bad, she went off the balcony with bedsheets, injured her leg in a fall, and it had to be amputated... All for the on-stage drama. How sad. Your instincts about him may be right...

Later.

QuilterInVA
11-14-2003, 02:00 PM
Ladies, let me clarify one thing...I've not seen Dr. Phil on TV - he's on when I work. What he wrote in his book makes sense to me and he does have good suggestions on getting the reasons we eat under control and a senisble food plan. He has people set reasonable goals. What he does on TV that is making him a clone for Jerry Springer, I certainly don't condone in any way.

One last thing, I don't think we can comment on any book or take one thing out of it, like a menu, and say this is what it is about. He devotes several pages to Meal replacements shakes and bars, how to chose good ones, when to use or not use them and some good advice. My very final word on them is they are better than a chocolate bar or sugary dessert for me. The shakes I use have 110 calories, 2 g. carbs, 15 g. protein and 6 g. fiber and as much calcium as yogurt. Very tasty.

Have to go do some work!

SEMO
11-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Susan: I sure hope that you didn't think that I was poking fun at you because you were reading Dr Phil's book. If for any reason you thought so, I apologize. I've only watched him a couple of times when I've been up front where the tv is and then it's just been a brief few minutes. I wouldn't hurt your feelings for anything. :nono:

Lizabeth, I'm sorry that the position didn't work out for you. Just trust that it wasn't the right job for you at this time and the perfect one will turn up when the time is right.

I'm working on a project for the boss and he keeps coming back here......... like I need him standing over my shoulder. He has the worst habit of walking up behind you and just stands there. GO AWAY, I'll call YOU if I need anything. Geezzz

Back to work before he sneaks back. :devil:

QuilterInVA
11-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Semo, no need to apologize. I was just trying to say, enough on Dr. Phil for me for now.

Tigerlily, I'm thinking about the chocolate craving. I read somewhere that its a sign of some vitamin or mineral lack...going to see if I can find it again.

gma22
11-14-2003, 06:15 PM
Well I certainly didn't mean to start a Dr Phil firestorm. There are certainly things I like about him and things I don't and think he is full of bologna about. I basically have little use for therapists for the most part as I was a psych major in school and know how they "want" you to deal with patients and it is STUPID. To his credit, he does his own thing. I only have a problem with the food and supplements because his book tends to shy away from using that kind of stuff and then he puts his name on products like that. I have never taken the stuff, don't intend to, so obviously cannot comment on how good they are or anything. I just looked at the info on the boxes and cans and bottles and found it for myself offputting. I think it is great no matter what you choose for a weight loss program if it is helping you and I think he helps SOME people just like SOUTH BEACH helps some people and so does ATKINS, etc. We all have our own opinions on certain diets and programs that we find disturbing and I am no different, but I would never ever tell anyone NOT to do something for that reason as I know all you women would not either. So, I hope I didn't offend people by stating my OPINION as it was nothing else. As for the size business, I took my information directly from a nutritionist that I talked to when I set up my husband's eating program so you can take that with a grain of salt as I guess that as with pretty much everything, has different opinions about what constitutes an apple figure, pear etc.

lizabeth: Sorry you lost out on the promotion. I know it has to be irritating for that to happen.

Jello: WOOHOO for you! Spend at least part of the money on something outrageous for yourself!

Susan: So what is your newest quilting project? Are you doing anything specific for Christmas or Christmas gifts?

Tig: I am a serious Chocoholic, but I never thought to give it up, I just go with the flow and buy stuff that is fat free and or sugar free so that I can enjoy chocolate, without worrying about it. I know some people just can't handle having chocolate of any kind in the house as they would eat it all at one sitting, but the only problem I ever had like that was full calorie soft drinks and I gave them up cold turkey and didn't have another one and that has been since Jan of this year and I don't even crave them anymore. I just drink a diet occasionally if we are having something I think would be great with a soda.

I am now in a go round with the City of Memphis over Jack's sick time off and FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). I don't trust them not to pay Jack for sick time as they made us fill out FMLA paperwork even though he is NOT taking unpaid leave. I contacted the Labor Dept and got some bologna run around so now I have to contact the state about it. Just like during the Revolution, "the shot heard round the world", in Memphis come next Thurs it is gonna be "The screaming heard round the world" if he doesn't get a regular paycheck. Most people never question stuff like this, but I think it is bologna when you have paid sick time that they take the same amount of days off your FMLA 12 weeks, ie, Jack took 15 sick days so they will take 3 weeks off his 12 weeks allowable FMLA time and if God forbid, something happens that he has to take extended time off, he will now only have 9 weeks instead of 12 until Nov of next year. Sounds sort of like double dipping to me and unfair. We shall see! Just one more stress to add to the pile! :lol:

Have a great evening ladies!

Faye