Weight Loss Support - Time for Serious Fun #37

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #37

gma22
11-03-2003, 08:31 PM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #37

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

LBS DOWN FRIDAY :wizard: : POST YOUR LBS LOST FOR THE WEEK ON FRIDAY AND I WILL COMPILE THEM AND POST THEM TOGETHER WITH OUR LBS DOWN :wizard:

gma22
11-03-2003, 09:05 PM
Good evening ladies!

I am pretty wiped out after today, but I need to stay up until at least 9 pm so I will sleep so as soon as I get done posting I am going to clean the bathrooms and dust upstairs then all I will have to do in the morning is strip the sheets and vacuum and my house will be clean. Cleaning is cathartic for me and it helps keep my mind busy.

I need to talk so I hope you will bear with me. I need to just be honest about how I am feeling and I don't want to upset Jack or Kelly. I am just plain scared out of my wits. He has been my best friend, my only lover and an amazing companion. We have weathered financial disasters over and over, children's rebellion, separation for as long as a year at a time when he was in the Navy, our parents all dying and I could go on and on. With each thing that would happen, my husband would always tell me, "We'll get through this." That is what he said to me tonight and I know it is true. I know that I need to be positive as I try to pound into everyone elses heads all the time, but I sit here alone thinking, just sobbing away. I told him tonight that every time I leave him I am afraid. He said, "Donna, if something else happens, I am in the best place I can be" but darn it, I am just so scared you guys. One minute I tell myself that he is going to be fine, the next I tell myself that I will be fine if something would happen to him, but he is everything to me. Two years ago when he turned 52, I had a sort of panic attack because his dad died at 52 and his grandfather at the same age, his dad from cancer and his grandfather from a heart attack. I remember so clearly him telling me that day, "Don't worry, I am NOT going to have a heart attack. I am really healthy." Thanks for just letting me write it all down and spit it out on the computer. I feel a little better now and I am going to go and clean and then take a sleeping pill (a light one not heavy) and try and sleep.

I could never express how much you all and your support right now across the miles means to me! ( my babies, the dog and cat, know something is wrong. They are both sitting here right behind my chair)

Faye:)

Scuzin
11-03-2003, 09:26 PM
:grouphug:

happy dance dot
11-03-2003, 09:52 PM
Oh, Faye Sweety we love you and believe you me you both are in my prayers and thoughts...wow all day I've been thinking about that, which made me think of other stuff relating. I know you strong and can get through this. I wish I could make things better with just a :wizard: for now I offer you my support on here and many many many :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: and :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes all going your way. We love you and are here for you.

Yesterday I got all 4pts once again:D and I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but Andrew's mom called me and said he asked for me to go visit him on Saturday...I guess they're having a family day or something, but instead I think I will just send him a letter. A friendly one wishing hm the best of luck, but not one of an ex lover/girlfriend, etc. I do not talk about us in it. I just think I am not ready to see him and am trying to focus on me now. I looked up some Alanon meetings I am considering attending, my dad drank a lot too and I think they might be helpful, I feel a bit weird/ shy about them though:?: What I would love to do would be visit a therapist, but can't afford that right now...see I have kinda figured out my issues, but think I may need professional help to help me resolve those issues...not sure. If anyone has any websites they think would be helpful please tell me;) . I need help with codependancy I think...that feeling of not wanting to be alone.

Okay that all girls take care and hope you're all doing good.

pjkdreamer
11-04-2003, 08:55 AM
Faye,

Know that my thoughts and prayers remain with you and Jack and your children today. You are both so fortunate to have found that kind of love. Take comfort in that! We love you and we will be right here waiting for you, whatever you need, all you have to do is ask. Love to you...............:grouphug:

Mirabelly
11-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Morning Ladies!

First of all, Faye.......You know you can come here and write your feelings anytime you want! You've helped each one of us through things in the past.......and we want to help you get through this. I know you're scared about being separated, I feel the same way about James (his mom died at 40! and he's always thinking about that.) We went through a period where our mutual fear of separation actually paralyzed us for several years. We never wanted to be apart. If I spent a little extra time at the grocery store, I got a lecture when I got home! Not because he cared what I was doing, but because he was afraid something had happened to me. The fear was destroying us! We've gotten much better, and we don't smother each other as much. I know you can't help it right now, but don't let it turn unhealthy later on. You WILL BOTH get through this together! I just know it.

NOW, for everyone else.........I'm puttin' on the :drill: hat. We can support Faye and still not lose sight of ourselves and our own journeys! Back to the points!

I get a :bravo: for yesterday
Dorothy gets a :bravo: for yesterday

Dorothy--I think writing a letter to Andrew was an incredibly mature and sound answer to not wanting to visit him! Good for you!!! You are showing your support without letting yourself be ensnared by your emotional attachment. I'm proud of you! Definitely check out the alanon meetings......everyone there probably felt hesitant about going, but they found support that they needed and so can you. I felt weird about coming here for weight loss support, but it has done soooo much for me!

Today is TARGET TUESDAY......and I want us all to focus on our HEALTH! Forget about fitting into those size 8 jeans, or the bikini you want to wear next summer. We DON"T want to have a heart attack, we DON"T want to deal with diabetes, or arthritis, or cancer. We strive for those four points everyday because EXERCISE makes us HEALTHY....WATER makes us HEALTHY and EATING PROPERLY makes us HEALTHY!!!! There have been so many deaths and illnesses on this list lately, I think that it needs to be a wake up call for all of us. Be thankful for your good health and make a promise to yourself that you will strive everyday to become even healthier!

Ok, Enough is enough........

:grouphug: to everyone!
Julie

Sandybrat
11-04-2003, 11:01 AM
YES DRILL SARGENT... I got all 4 yesterday as well. LOL i totally agree with u Julie... sending andrew a letter was incredibly strong and mature Dot... U keep taking care of u and all else will fall into place. Faye my thoughts and prayers will remain with u and yours ... for always, as they do with each and every one of the wonderful and beautiful women on this thread. I did my 2 mile watp video yesterday then my yoga... i plan on doing this every weekday... 5 days ... that way the weekends willbe mine to do as i choose... it may very well be the same thing but its a choice....lol It snowed here yesterday... the kids loved it... i even have a little snowman in the back yard facing my window... Hunter said i needed some company while they were at school... what a sweetie... I love you all... take care of u...

Sandy

jloo1957
11-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Faye,please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and Jack...I haven't been here for a few days ,and I 'm sorry I didnt get to know sooner...Faye ,focus on the positive for you and Jack,and he is right,if something were to happen ,he couldn't be in a better place...they can do so much now as far as the heart is concerned,and God isnt ready for him as he has a long way to go to be with his love ...I love you Faye and know that I wil be thinking of you constantly as I'm sure all the ladies will be...I wish I could be there with you ,but please know that my heart is there with you...love him all you can and think positive ...please don't stress yourself out,cause then you will run yourself down and maybe get sick...I love you Faye,and if there is anything you need ,please let us know,as we are here for you .ALWAYS...I will check in later to see how you are doing ....love and BIG BIG BIG CYBER HUGS....JOY

Mirabelly
11-04-2003, 12:00 PM
SANDYB-- :bravo: !!!

Let's hear those points everyone!........

Julie

Scuzin
11-04-2003, 12:54 PM
Good Morning!
Its 4 points for me!!!
I'm going to go to the weight room of the gym today. I've never been. I've always been too scared :o so, I stuck to the cardio section. But I am only reminded of the complete lack of muscle mass in my upper body so I'm going to swallow my fear and march on in. Have any pointers? Wish me luck!

berrygirl
11-04-2003, 02:01 PM
Faye, hugs to you along with my thoughts and prayers. You will get through this and you and your family will come out of this stronger, closer, and will enjoy each other and life that much more. Please take care of yourself, too.

I got 3 pts for yesterday, didn't get any exercise in, spent too much time on the computer with my new guy! Countdown to date---4 days. No stress--yet.

Good target for Tuesday--getting healthier. I have stuck to my food plan since Sat, which is great for me, and I have a new resolve to keep with it. Thank you ladies for your role in that, your support and encouragement is making a world of difference.

Have a great day!
Judy

Satine
11-04-2003, 02:49 PM
Faye - So glad to hear that Jack is doing better, I have asked everyone I know to pray for him and you during this hard time.
You are a very strong woman Faye and if anyone can get through this ( for both of you ) - you can!!!:)
I tried to put myself in your shoes, I have been with my husband since we were 18 and 19...actually this Thursday is our 10 year anniversary, high school sweethearts just like you and Jack. The thought of it scared me to death...really made me go home last night and tell him how I felt and not to let the stupid things get between us. We are lucky women to have found men like we have, truly. Hope you have a good day and keep your smile on.

Everyone else - how are you doing? Seems a little quiet around here lately....

I had an off program day yesterday but am back on the wagon today...so far anway...:lol:

Have a great day everyone...go home tonight and hug your family...

friendsforfitness
11-04-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi everyone,

Faye- I'm praying for you and Jack and family. You two are strong and things already seem to be getting better. My Mom had one a about 5 years ago and had the same things done. I'm happy to say she's been going strong ever since. She's not what I would call healthy either, so I know Jack is going to do just great. It is a scary thing to go through though. We are here for you and your in my thoughts and prayers.

I've been off program for a bit now. I have had a really rough weekend, long weekend. My daughter's surgery went well, she's still tender but is coming around just fine. Then there's been some really upsetting personal stuff going on in my household that I have been dealing with as well. I was in tears for 3 days. It was pretty awful I'm still trying to get through it, but I know I be alright. It will just take time to get through this. Then on top of all that I have a terrible toothache. UGG. I am trying to get back on track one step at a time. I just found out I am getting my tooth pulled tomorrow morning. best of luck to you all, I may not be on much, but i think about ya's all the time.

Lisa

jloo1957
11-04-2003, 04:08 PM
hey girls,I have all 4 points for yesterday....YAH!!!!!!......feels good to take care of me ,so I'll be here to take care of my loved ones...so far today I have done the 2 mile tape and walked outside ...counting the steps to get at least my 10,000.00 ,but more if I can...it makes me move ,doing extra so I can get the steps and that's a good thing:D ....Faye,just want you to know that we are all here for you and I am thinking of you constantly...hang in there ,I know you are strong ...and remember we love you ....well,I will check in later ,yall take care.....Joy

Mirabelly
11-04-2003, 04:41 PM
POINTS!

Susan :bravo: --don't feel timid about using the weights, they can be your best friend in weight loss! THere is a great thread on here called Ladies who Lift (I think it's in the exercise forum?) anyway, they have lots of good information on weight lifting!

Judy: :grouphug: great job!

Joy: :bravo:

Lisa--I'm nursing a toothache too. I'm totally dental-phobic and have put off dealing with it for sooooo long. I finally really HAVE to go to the dentist, but we have no money for it. Sigh. I love ibuprophen!

Faye, If you're on here, try to get some rest !!!

Later all!
Julie

happy dance dot
11-04-2003, 05:01 PM
hi girls...yesterday I got 3pts...no excercise:( .

Thanks girls...I mailed the letter out today to his mom so she can take it to him on Saturday. I'll be going to an alanon meeting today and see how that goes. I feel a bit shy and uncertain its what I need, but i guess it won't hurt to try. Honestly I believe I need a therapist, but can't afford one now:lol: ...I guess we all need one at some point in our lives huh.;)

Lisa- sorry 'bout your toothache. Hope you feel better.

Julie- your doing a good job with staying on top of pts and stuff. Thank you.

Susan-good luck at the gym

everyone else take care I'll check in later if i can...pretty busy here at work today...bye bye

Scuzin
11-04-2003, 07:12 PM
I did it!:smug:
I went to the weight room and turned my arms half way to jell-o. It wasn't nearly so intimidating as I feared.
:strong:
WOOT
Hope all are well

Mirabelly
11-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Last check in for the night.

Dorothy gets a :grouphug: for her 3 points!

Mirabelly
11-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Ooops, hit the wrong button........

nighty night ladies!
Julie

Sandybrat
11-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Well ladies... i am sitting here writing and drinking my 2nd beer... i have a terrible headache from my ds... he jumped off the bus but didnt tell me he was going to... landed right against my face... smashed my glasses into my nose... hurts to even put them on my face... i think i may get a black eye or two outta this... lovely huh?? LOL Oh well, at least i will be op even with the beers... and i exercised... did my 2 mile watp... so all in all its been a good day... i just hurt... even my top teeth hurt... how would i know if its broken??? i just thought of that... oh i hope its just my mind going a bit crazy on me... have a wonderful evening ladies... i love you all.. take care of u...

Sandy

gma22
11-04-2003, 09:48 PM
Julie: You are aces sweety! Thanks for picking up the slack for me.

EVERYONE IS DOING FABO! CONGRATULATIONS YOU ARE DOING IT!

Man I must have walked a 100 miles today between parking lots, home and all over that cotton picking hospital. It is all spread out and they MOVED HIM TO A ROOM THIS MORNING! HE GETS TO GO HOME TOMORROW MORNING BARRING ANY COMPLICATIONS! He is doing great and he is TALKING about it. I am so very proud of him. He is doing things he has to do to improve his quality of life. For example. he ate half a salad with ff ranch tonight and he hates mayo, sour cream etc. He is committed to changing how he eats and so I am going to change my menus to reflect him as well. Many of my things he can't have because of salt issues like ham etc, but we are going to work on the menus together and have food that is pleasing for both of us. I am calling YMCA tomorrow to find out what a membership will cost us. I am of course much better since I got through the night with no ominous phone call. He looks and feels really good and that of course allays my fears.

Dorothy: I think the letter is wise and you are amazing! I know you will take steps to help yourself make the right decisions!

Lisa: I have HORRIBLE teeth and a terror of dentistry so I know how you must be feeling. Hope things go well for you. Jack and I will say a prayer, it's the least WE can do! Give your daughter a kiss from all of us just to make it better. Mom's always have miracle slobber! :lol:

SandyB; oohh, man I can imagine. You want to kill the little stinker but you know they didn't MEAN to whack you in the face! Hope you feel better soon. You ought to see Jack. His right leg half way to his knee and his you know whats are PURPLISH YELLOW from the catherization. Dr said it would happen. He is pretty sore so I guess a BJ is OUT! DID THE OLD LADY SAY THAT? See now you know I am back to normal, I am as crude as always! :lol:

Susan: Good for you! You are going to have a body to rival the model's pretty soon!

Joy: Keep taking those steps! We are with you girl and you are doing great!

Carri: I met Jack when I was just short of 18 (he was this "older" man of 22!) I love having a male best friend. He is always there and I don't have to worry about him having PMS or being snotty! :lol:

Judy: Keep it up you are doing wonderfully! I am very proud of you!

Pam: You as always my dear friend are terrific! I couldn't be prouder of you!

Thomas got to come up and see Granddad today. Got to look at all his "stuff" (he has a portable heart monitor, IV's in both hands for medication emergencies and oxygen.) I was explaining what they did to him and how they put a balloon in his heart. "Nonny, does that mean Granddad will float away?" Isn't that cute? I told him, No that it is a very tiny balloon!

Well, I have been gone ALL day because there aren't restrictions on visiting in this room so I need to get my clean sheets on the bed and vacuum as I didn't get it done last night then get to bed. I have to be over to the hospital first thing so I can ask the doctor a lot of questions, like "when can we have sex again?" There I go again!

Here is something from me to you! I love you all so much!
http://view.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/view?2JDVC3N8KGFQ2

Faye:dizzy:

pjkdreamer
11-05-2003, 01:01 AM
Faye

Jack coming home tomorrow!!! that is wonderful to hear, I was so concerned about you and him! He has some recuperating to do, and as you stated some life-style changes to make! will benefit both of you, thats a good thing! I admire you so much, and cant help but believe that this will help draw you two even closer.

more in the am ladies, been remodeling bathroom, last day or so, pooped out! but scraping paint and scrubbing walls, ripping out old paneling! whew!! that is some exercise, I was sorrrrrrrrrrrrre this morning! but it is such a sense of accomplishment.

later chickies, have a good nights rest, guess most of you are already tucked safely in your beds....sweet dreams my lovelies:bubbles: :bubbles: :bubbles:

gma22
11-05-2003, 04:46 AM
Something woke me up so here I am! I could use your help with some stuff. Jack is more than likely going to be on the Amercian Heart Association diet in some form or another. I took a bunch of recipes off their site and then went searching other places. If you have any recipes that are lowfat and don't have more than 500mg of salt in them, would you pass them on to me? I am starting at square one doing menus again that I can fix for he and I instead of just myself and some of my stuff is too high in salt. I can use entrees (not fish he doesn't like fish), desserts and sandwiches. I need some suggestions about turkey bacon (what type you found to taste the most like bacon without having the turkey taste), has anyone used spaghetti squash, how do you cook it and does it taste like squash or does it take on the taste of whatever sauce you put over it? Jack has always been a picky eater though he doesn't consider himself so. This is the list of meats that are acceptable and he will eat, lean pork, lean red meats, turkey breast, chicken breast. He likes salmon and shrimp but that is the only seafood. He is NOT a veggie eater but will eat gr beans, carrots, pork n beans as long as it is baked bean style, loves cucumbers, salad, corn. He doesn't eat much fruit, pineapple, watermelon, mandarin oranges and said he would try to eat blueberries and grapes and strawberries. So there you have it! He will eat pasta but not flavored like carrot or spinach stuff like that. Anyway, that gives you an idea of what the recipe can have in it so as not to waste your time.

Thanks a lot!

Donna

jloo1957
11-05-2003, 08:50 AM
Good morning Ladies....I got all four points for yesterday...Faye ,I am so glad to see Jack is doing better ,and he gets to come home...you are in for some changes ,huh....the American Heart Association has some great recipes..you will just have to adjust them to fit what Jack likes...he is like my husband..I swear reading what he likes is almost identical to my husband's taste...I use the George Forman Grill to cook just about all my meats,which I get the real lean cuts from Sam's...usually baked potatoes and lot's of fresh veggies...with side salads....breakfast I vary from egg beaters to oatmeal or grits...all ff products .whole wheat breads...you will benefit as well from the changes...I love any type of veggie or fruit ,,,the squash I just bake in the oven ,add a little of the spay butter and a little pepper and it is really good...the biggest adjustment my hubby had to make was the mayo...he likes kraft ,and when I changed to fat free,he really had a time getting use to it...but he eats it now...he has high cholestorol...and had to make changes..he was a big meat eater ,and the more fat it had ,the more he liked it,until he went for a yearly check up,his first ever,as he just simply did not go to doctors,but a lot of things run in his family,so finally I convinced him,and he was glad I did...so even the kids have adjusted to how we eat,[not everything] but for the most part...we eat lot's of apples around here too,the kids favorite...take it one day at a time and try different things..it took a lot of trying all kinds of things to find out what would work for everybody,but the grill has been a life saver ,as we use a lot of spices that are salt free,cause I have a blood pressure issue,which I never have liked salt though...well I have rambled on ,but Faye I am so glad things are going a lot better...anyway don't forget to take care of you girl,and all of you other ladies are doing terrific,keep up the fantastic work and I will check back later.....love and hugs to all....:D Joy

Mirabelly
11-05-2003, 08:51 AM
Morning Lovelies!

Faye, I'm soooo happy that Jack is doing better and he'll be coming home soon! Maybe this will be just what you need to help you get over your "slackness" :lol: Someone else to fuss over and focus on instead of yourself. As long as you stick with what he's doing, you should stay right on track too.

As for recipes: ohhhh boy!

First off, spaghetti squash ROCKS! All you do is slice it in half (ok, that's the hard part. those suckers are hard to get open. I have to pound the knife through with a mallet!) then put it face down in a pan. Fill the pan half way with water and either bake it or put it in the microwave for about 20-30 minutes. When it's tender, you just comb through the squash with a fork and out come all these cool spaghetti strands. I like mine al dente, but you can cook it squishier. As long as the strands separate, it's done. You can put any sauce on it that you like! I put fresh basil pesto and feta cheese on ours. YUMMMMMM!

Turkey bacon is also really great! I use it almost everyday....even the kids and dh love it. But the only kind we can stomach is the Louis Rich brand. The Jennie-O stuff is kgnarly! I microwave ours, and I think it tastes best if you make it crispy rather than "floppy" as my kids call it. To microwave, just put it in on high for 1 minute per piece....to make it crispy, I add another 30 seconds on to it (NOT 30 sec. per piece)

I love making whole grain salads, too! My favorite is lentils and barley with asparagus, tomatoes and onions. Sometimes I substitute greenbeans for the asparagus. But you can really put any veggies in that you want. Just boil the lentils and barley until they're tender, rinse them off to cool them down, add chopped FRESH veggies (not frozen), and pour a vinagrette (make your own to control the salt) on top. I also add feta cheese, but you could skip that if there's too much salt. I know when people read "lentils and barley" the immediate reaction is EWEEEWWWW, GROSSSSS......but it's really good! My kids devour it and it's got tons of protein from the lentils. It will keep in the fridge for about 3 days, it's really good the second day after the vinagrette has soaked in.

I also have a really yummy cabbage soup recipe, if you guys like tomato soup bases. It's very low calorie! Let me know if you want it. Actually, I have several super yummy cabbage recipes.

Gotta go, I got 2 points for op yesterday. No exercise and not enough water, was way distracted! Today will be better, though!

Later all,
Julie

Mirabelly
11-05-2003, 08:54 AM
Oooooooh, remind me later to give you Lorien's Veggie thingie recipe. It's a "veggie patty" but there's no significant carbs in it, it's made with mainly oatmeal and carrots! It's good, I swear!!!

Julie

Sandybrat
11-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Beautifuls... Julie i would love the recipes... i love soup .. any kind...lol and low fat is my fav!!! I will have to try the lentil and barley salad... i love barley in soup love the texture of it... I o nly got 2 points yesterday... went over op last night... had a bowl of chili with hubby when he cam home last night... i didnt eat dinner cuz my face hurt... so when he was eating i was hungry... and instead of just saying NO... i ate. That being said... i lowered my calories back to 1600 per day... i am more determined that ever to get this weight off and begin a new way of eating and looking at food.
Faye... i am so happy that Jack is coming home today... i found a lowfat pumpkin cheesecake recipe at kraftfoods.com only 150 calories per serving and 340 mg of sodium. i am making it for thanksgiving... hubby loves cheesecake... My nose still hurts... i am hoping i dont get black eyes... lol Well ladies... i think i am going to try and make a menu plan... i have not done so as i feel its a pain... but its a pain to not have one i am realizing... this should be quite a challenge for me... as i am a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal... any suggestions?? Have a wonderful day ladies... take care of u... love you all

Sandy

happy dance dot
11-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Morning girls!

Faye- sooo happy Jack is coming home:dancer: . I think it's great what you two have and also that now both of you will focus on improving your eating habits together. Hope all goes well. Oh and this may be a dumb question but I just have to ask or it'll bug me...forever...Donna is also your name??

SandyB- oh boy, hope your nose feels better and the black eyes don't form.

Julie- spaghetti squash...I've heard of it, but never know what it is really, but you have made me become very interested in trying it...thanks...sounds like you cook lots of yummy stuff...yummm:D Can I go over for dinner???;) :lol:

Pam-Wow you've been busy girl;) . Glad you getting things done...I'm sure it'll look pretty. I love remodeling or redecorating.:)

okay now for points I got all 4pts yesterday:D and I did make it to the alanon meeting...I tell you I was skeptical about it I must confess, but a higher force must have taken me to that specific meeting. I indentified with the spokesperson completely. It was kinda like a pat on my shoulder and that little voice saying, "Listen Dorothy you know what you can't do and you're on the right track. It's gonna be hard but for now focus on yourself and improve yourself cause then everything will fall into place." These last few days I've been really brainstorming and soul searching. I have begun to be healthier in my eating habits and physical state, but now its also time I start focusing on my inner stae and soul...mending some damages even from childhood so I can feel better. I have a lot of work there :lol: but baby steps will get me there I guess. Okay enough rambling I think you girls get the picture.

pjkdreamer
11-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Morning,

Faye, so very glad to hear Jack is doing better. Well be on the look out for recipes. This site has good ones as you know, and I feel certain I have one of the paperback cookbooks from Am Heart Assoc. I will try and find it and send it to you if you want, also have one called Heart Smart or Healthy Heart Cooking, something like that. Keep us posted, I know you will love having him back home with you (where he belongs!!) I know you will take good care of him, just as it sounds he takes care of you!! So wonderful to hear after 31 years, MAKES MY HEART SING!!! (FOR YOU!)...LOVE TO YOU SWEETIE!:D

Pts for yesterday: 3....STILL NO FORMAL EXERCISE, VERY ACTIVE, BUT, I KNOW IT IS NOT THE SAME, I NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE GIRLS, HELP ME HEAR...OKAY HERE IS MY PLAN, GET OFF THIS :comp: DO MY 2 MILES (32 MINS), GET A SHOWER, RUN AN ERRAND AND BE AT WORK BU 12NOON..THINK CAN SWING IT??? LET YOU KNOW LATER, TIME NOW 10:19a---OFF AND RUNNING!!!

LATER CHICKSTERS:lol:

Scuzin
11-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Hello!
Another 4 points for me!

Faye, wonderful to hear things are looking up.

Wow, all this talk of recipes, I wish I could cook for myself sometimes, but no, I'm stuck trying to lose weight on Dorm Food!:lol:
Very sore from yesterday's strength training adventure. But when I complain I just gotta think "Sore means muscles over-worked, muscles over-worked means building MORE muscle, more muscle means more fat burned, more fat burned means less time till a low-fat Susan."
And of course healthier. I've been trying to deny the fact, but its true that I have already seen weight related problems. I had to have my gallbladder removed last May.

I've got a question: How much weight and/or inches did you lose before or between losing clothing sizes?

Mirabelly
11-05-2003, 06:21 PM
Ok, Points time ladies!

Joy gets a :bravo: YOU GO GIRL!!

Sandyb gets a :flow1:

I get a :flow1:

Dorothy gets a :bravo: and a WTG for getting to the alanon meeting. Sounds like it's a good place for you right now.

Pam gets a :grouphug: and a WTG for redoing your bathroom! I KNOW how hard it is to finally get up off the couch, totally destroy a room, and then have the energy to put it all back together again! You are living up to your promise to yourself and Jane (?) to make a better life for both of you.

Susan gets a :bravo: I could swear there's a healthy dormfood cookbook out there.........

And a great big :balloons: for Faye and Jack!

So here's how you make an almost no calorie cabbage soup:
I pretty much wing it with my recipes, so feel free to experiment with amounts and such.

1) fill a soup pot about 1/2 full with water. Add a big can of crushed tomatoes and a big can of tomato paste (2 cans if you like your soup thick

2)put the soup on to boil. Chop up a small cabbage into bite size strips. Chop up an onion or two. Chop up a cup or so of carrots. Plus any other veggies you'd like.....I've used potatoes when I'm not worried about carbs, and celery would work well too.

3) add all the veggies to the tomato stock and boil until the cabbage is tender. I don't like it limp and slimy, so I undercook a little.

4) chop up a Hickory Farms Turkey sausage into bite size pieces. Add to soup.

5) Add salt, pepper, oregano and tobasco sauce to taste.

That's it. It freezes well and will keep for a while in the fridge. I only know how to make HUGe batches of this stuff, so I always freeze some.

I had an aunt who was on a doctor-supervised 500 calorie a day diet back in the early 80's (that's right 500!) and she was allowed to eat as much of this stuff as she wanted.

Well, gotta go.........baked stuffed mushrooms, steak, and butternut squash tonight!! I love to cook :D

Julie

berrygirl
11-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Hey all, Happy Wednesday.

Faye, I am so very glad that Jack is coming home. Wonderful news.

Julie, can I get the recipe for the stuffed mushrooms and butternut squash?? Sounds yummy.

I am slow on points--none yesterday, kind of blew it. Back on program today--4 pts.

My big date may not happen. He is having to work a lot, he manages a 7-11 and he has a lot of crew out sick. He may have to work. Cross your fingers they all get well real quick! Saturday is getting close.

Have wonderful evening!
Judy

gma22
11-05-2003, 09:58 PM
Hey ladies, here is a pooped lady coming at you! I got hubby home and he is so happy to be in his recliner and CLEAN! He wore a heart monitor that of course couldn't get wet so he couldn't wash or wash his hair. He was pretty ripe. We tried at least pit washing but he was so paranoid water would drip on the monitor we gave up. I fed him a good heart healthy dinner and he is sacked out on the recliner watching football and probably will soon be asleep.

I will post bigtime tomorrow, but I am just so tired this evening. To answer the ? about my name let me explain. Last year I belonged to the site and my name is Donna (actually Modonna if you can believe that). My middle name is Faye. I had a really bad experience with some people who were lying about who they were and I was trying to help. She posted someone elses picture, someone told me who the picture was and I crawled all over them about basically making fun of the people here. The woman went berzerk because the woman who was the pic was not the one posting. The pic had been stolen. NO amount of apologizing would fix it and it got to be harrassment sort of and I got scared so I quit posting for a long time, but then got mad about it all and came back and used my middle name and a different user name.

I am going downstairs, fold the laundry and relax. I will post tomorrow and take back my duties. Thanks so much Julie!

Love you all and thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, and food ideas!

Faye

gma22
11-06-2003, 07:53 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for US Thursday. Take time for yourself today. It is important!

I will check back later ladies!

Faye

Mirabelly
11-06-2003, 08:54 AM
Moring Ladies!

It's actually sunny here for the first time in like 2 weeks! Faye, sounds like you've been getting plenty of exercise in with all this craziness.

I got 4 points yesterday. Had a great workout and ate light so I could enjoy the stuffed mushrooms last night without going op.

Judy, the butternut squash recipe couldn't be easier. You just cut the sucker in half, scoop out the seeds, place it upside down in a baking dish and bake it in the oven for about 45 minutes (until the meat is nice and squishy). Then scoop out the meat, throw away the peel. It will be just like the wintersquash at Thanksgiving, like mashed potatoes. I put molasses in mine, but some folks use butter and salt, or honey.

The stuffed mushrooms I usually just wing it....it's a standard recipe, though, and I'm sure you can find it in any decent cookbook. Basically, I take the stems off a bunch of stuffing mushrooms and chop them up. Save the caps for later. Chop up some onions and parsley. Saute the whole mess together in 1/2 stick of butter, chopped garlic and about a cup of white wine. Then I throw about 1/2 cup of herbed stuffing mix and a couple of handfuls of shredded parmesan cheese in the pan and stir until it's all moist. Stuff the mushrooms with the mix and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes. If you aren't serving these as Hor duerves, then I just chuck the leftover stuffing mix on top of the stuffed mushrooms and bake it all up like a casserole.

They're not low fat or low cal, but they sure are yummy!!! There's just something about butter, garlic, and white wine that I just can't resist!!

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you! WTG FOR ME I'm actually wearing a legit size 16 jeans right now! I had a pair hanging in my closet as my "next size down". Three weeks ago, I couldn't even squeeze them up over my butt.....and now I'm wearing them!!!! WOO HOOOO.............and thanks to YOU all. I'm really doing it this time, FINALLY!

Well, gotta go get the kidlets to school.
Later all,
Julie

pjkdreamer
11-06-2003, 09:14 AM
Morning Ladies,

pts for yesterday, Got all 4! got in that walk, going to do it again today, feeling :strong: :strong: and raring to go;)

Julie, congrats for getting into those jeans, a 16!!! wow! I am so proud of you and for you......:D

Faye, hope Jack rested well last night, in his own bed, I know you were happy to have him home. You two have a good day;)

Judy, keeping my :crossed: that you get to go on your big date! If not, sounds like there will be a next time:lol: :lol:

Julie, BAKED STUFFED MUSHROOMS!! I LOVE EM' SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD RECIPE, THANKS!:D

Susan, keep on moving......hang in there with us kiddo, you are on the right track:) your question about clothes could be better answered by someonelse I am certain, For me, I can definitely tell a difference in my clothes!! they just hang now, and hang more in some places than others!! I have bought new clothes, but, dummy me that I am, still see's myself in the 3x's! for the tops and the 2x's for the bottoms, hard to think of myself as being smaller now!! Just always going to the biggest thing in the stores, I guess, but I have already lost a size, both top and bottom, maybe a little more, guess I should just go somewhere and try them on. Catherine's has gorgeous plus size clothing if there is one in your area, and it looks more tailored, not the stuff that looks like a tent, so when clothing is more fitted you can tell where inches and pounds have actually been lost...just some thoughts! Keep up the good work!!

WELL LADIES, I HAVE HAD MY TENNIS SHOES AND WORKOUT CLOTHES ON FOR WELL OVER AN HOUR, SO I NEED TO GET IN THERE AND GET IT DONE, TALK WITH YOU ALL LATER. HAVE A HEALTHFUL DAY:)

Sandybrat
11-06-2003, 10:31 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS.... Got all 4 points yesterday... Those recipes sound so yummy Julie... WTG for u Congrats Julie!!!... and u reminded me that i have a WTG of my own... WTG i had to retire a pair of jeans... too big... i now fit into my 36 levis... wooo hooooooo for me. I got them on on Saturday and kept forgetting to tell u all... lol Thanks for the rememinder Julie. Go and get that exercising done Pam... and make sure u count the remodeling as exercise as well... remember to take care of u today... love you all...

Sandy

friendsforfitness
11-06-2003, 12:08 PM
I still have a bit of a lisp though,:lol: that's cuz I have to be careful not to pull the blood clot out..ewwwww that was gross, sorry. I spent yesterday all drugged up with pain meds, but today I'm feeling much better.

Faye- I'm so happy for you Jack is back!You go girl get you some Jack ASAP!! That'll keep ya smilin'!! :lol:

WTG on all those WTG's!! You ladies have been kickin' it in high gear!! WHOOOO-HOOO!!

I'm starting small today, I plan on staying within my calorie allotment and journaling, if I accomplish those two things, I'll be happy. From there I will take on the water and/or the exercise again.

Lots of yummy sounding recipes Julie, thanks a lot. I may be trying that cabbage soup recipe too!

I'll check in later,
Lisa

Scuzin
11-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Good Morning!
2 points for me yesterday. I drank a lot of water and got a good work-out, and was good all day about food till dinner. On Wednesdays the Newman Center (Catholic Campus Ministries) has a home cooked dinner for students that's fun to go to, but the food is not always what you'd call weightloss-worthy.
Tomorrow should be an interesting weigh-in, I've been good about working out this week but bad about food, I'm hoping to at least stay where I'm at.

Congrats on all the WTGs!

gma22
11-06-2003, 03:24 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS!

Julie :bravo:
Pam :bravo:
SandyB :bravo:
Susan :grouphug:

Julie: Boy you were right about the bacon. I bought the Louis Rich and did exactly as you said. It is much better than I expected. Thanks for tips! You look MAAAVELOUS in your jeans I am sure!

Jack went to Walmart's with me this morning to get his prescriptions. He used a scooter because he can't walk around much. He gets super tired really easily. He enjoyed being out, but was glad to be home. I am getting ready to run to the store again and buy some more stuff for the menus. He is really doing well except for being so tired. He ran a fever last night, but it was gone in about 15 minutes. I was going to wait until morning and if he still had one I was going to call his cardiologist. I think it was just overexertion from climbing the stairs a couple times.

Tomorrow is Flu vaccine day. The good thing is it right across the street from the condo so he won't have to be out too much. The doctor said we both have to have them now. Things are so very very different but that is ok. We just have to look at everything differently and do things accordingly.

The end of the month is YMCA membership. I can only take so much expense at once and he won't be able to use it for awhile anyway. His meds cost me $105 so that wasn't as bad as I expected. That is just the co-pay of course. His one med, I think it was Plavix (heart platelets med) was $45 co-pay but the pills are about $20 apiece!

Well enough about sickness. I have to scoot so I can get some more stuff done and then relax for awhile.

jloo1957
11-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Hey everyone....just a quick few words.....yesterday I got all four points,and so far today I have stayed op and drank tons of water ..andWALKED 4 and a 3/4 miles...whew,,,not to mention al the running around...did not get in until after 8 tonight...so I will post more tommorow...FAYE....I AM SOOOOO HAPPY THAT YPUR JACK IS HOME....TAKE CARE OF YOU TOO....AND RELAX AND ENJOY YOUR HUBBY!!!...WELL ,got to get off from here and get a shower ....love and hugs .....JOY

Scuzin
11-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Some all-round inspiration:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are
powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about
shrinking so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory
of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fears,
our presence automatically liberates others."
- Nelson Mandela's inaugural speech, 1994

gma22
11-07-2003, 08:32 AM
WRAP UP POINTS:

Joy: :bravo:

gma22
11-07-2003, 08:38 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous LBS down Friday!

Good morning ladies! It is chilly here! BRRRRRR

Let's see I guess I am going to give myself a :bravo: for points. My exercise has been unconventional, but between all the walking I am doing and carrying in heavy groceries and packages etc I would say I was getting exercise.

As for lbs down I am 5# down for the week. Most of it has been the last two days with the cooking I am doing for Jack I would guess.

We are both pretty miserable right now because we had a cold snap and we both have arthritis so everything aches! Old age even just over the line old age stinks!

I never did get to tell I think it was Julie, how cute she was in her costume!

I will check back in later ladies! You all have a good day!

pjkdreamer
11-07-2003, 09:03 AM
Good Friday Morning Gals,

Just popped in to wish you all a good day, time is NOT on my side this am....will post when I can..Have plans all the way till 10:00p, (after work, picking up my sister at the airport)..so most likely I will not ck in with you guys till tomorrow:(

pts for yesterday: all 4! got in that exercise!

later chicksters:lol:

Mirabelly
11-07-2003, 09:44 AM
Morning Ladies!
Well, yesterday sucked for points :no: Only 2 for op.....no exercise, very little water. I had one of those days where I was totally unmotivated to do anything, so I just stared at my computer all day! Well, I did go grocery shopping and menu planned......so I guess it wasn't a total loss.

Today is better, though....got up with dh and got my exercise in. It's clear enough to bring in more wood....so that will be extra.

No losses to report....I was down to 220 yesterday, but this morning was back up to 222. So, I guess I'm just floating around the 220 mark. Will be making an extra effort the next two weeks to eat very low calorie meals with the knowledge that over Thanksgiving I will allow myself the pleasure of indulging in the feast! Though I WILL REMEMBER that white starches give me migraines now!!! With that in mind, I'm planning to make some yummy homemade wholegrain breads with special herb butter so I won't be tempted to scarf down the Pillsbury crescent rolls that my kids insist on having! Not sure how I'm going to stay away from the mashed potatoes, but they don't bother me as much as processed white bread products. Mmmmmm, I can smell the turkey already. Hey, you know what's funny? Usually by the first week of November I'm sooooo craving Turkey and stuffing that I cook a full Thanksgiving dinner around Halloween, and then another one on Turkey day :lol: This year I haven't been craving anything!! COOL. :D

Well, Gotta git! Lots to do today.

PAM--WTG on that exercise. You know you can do it when you just force yourself to get started!

Oh, and that halloween costume pic wasn't me.......I think it was susan? Or Judy? ONe of the newer gals.

WOO HOO on the 5# loss Faye!!!

Susan, thanks for posting that Mandela quote! I love that speech and it was actually just what I needed today!!

Hugs to everyone!
Julie

berrygirl
11-07-2003, 10:46 AM
Good Morning ladies! Happy Friday.
Fall has arrived in Central Texas, its only supposed to be 48 here today, but it'll be back in the 70's next week.

Yea for me!! I get a dancing banana---I lost 3# this week!:cb:
I got 3 pts for yesterday--didn't exercise. Had to go shopping for something long sleeved for football game tonight.

The big date is off---he has to work. Now he is saying maybe this long distance thing isn't going to work, and we haven't even tried yet! We live 45 min away from each other. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Julie, thank you for the recipes, they sound great.
WTG Faye--5# loss! And having Jack home!!!

Have a wonderful Friday!
Judy

friendsforfitness
11-07-2003, 10:53 AM
WTG Judy and Faye on your losses!! I stayed at 221 no loss, no gain and I'm fine with that. I earned it, due to lack of everything, no exercise no water and not staying O/P. I'm getting back on track slowly but surely. I have even started a new thread for people like me who have gotten off track and want to get back on, so far not too many joiners though, oh well, it helps me anyways. Yesterday I only get points for O/P as well. I'm ok with that too because it is all I aimed for that day. That and to journal all my consumption which I also did. Today I am aiming for those two things plus drinking 40 ounces of water. I know I need more, but I'm getting back on track with small little tiny baby steps, so I'll get that water back up to 64 ounces soon enough. I hope everyone has a super Friday!!

Good luck and stay focused!
Lisa

Scuzin
11-07-2003, 11:53 AM
4 points for me!
Plus I'm down another *almost*pound. its hard to tell 1/2 pounds on my scale but I'm calling it a whole pound anyway ;)
A good day to all!

happy dance dot
11-07-2003, 01:03 PM
TGIF girls!!!:D :D

Julie-way to go girl...16 huh...soon it'll be 14 then 12 wow I am happy for you. Keep it up.

Faye- happy for you too 5lbs! Great job. Glad that you and Jack are doing better. You both are great:D

Susan- I too loved the quote. I needed to read something like that. Thanks. Congrats on the loss too.

Pam-you rock! Getting your exercise in again. Good for you.

Lisa- hi there! Glad you're getting back on track and yes baby steps- you'd be surprised how far one can get with baby steps.:lol: :lol: I am learning a whole lot about baby steps now with everything going on in my life now.

Judy- congrats on the 3lbs and about the guy...don't worry there's plenty of fish in the sea girl. Don't push on it...if it's meant to be it will be...don't try too hard...just stay happy girl.

Okay now for points...I got all 4pts for yesterday.

I will weigh in on Sunday and let you all know about that then..I am hoping for 158, but who knows;)

I went to another alanon meeting and find they're really hepling me out...thanks girls for listening too and thank you Faye. Today I will go home and spend some time with mom and dad...we've been watching movies together lately and my dad loves the fact I have digital cable and a whole bunch of channels...lots of movies and on demand:lol: :lol:

I'm happy today...my head's clearing up a lot and I like that feeling. Have a good happy day ladies.:flow2: :flow2: :dancer: :df:

friendsforfitness
11-07-2003, 01:29 PM
WTG Susan and Happy!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I probably won't get a chance to check in tomorrow, I am chaperoning a drill meet competition that my daughter is in. We leave tonight and won't be back until late tomorrow. I am going to persevere over this out of environment obstacle even so! I will let you know how everything turns out. Wish my DD mucho luck!

Lisa

gma22
11-07-2003, 02:34 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Pam :bravo:
Julie :grouphug:
Judy :cp:
Susan :bravo:

Judy: that is great about your loss! Keep it up!

Lisa: Sometimes we just poop out with our program all the way around. What do you think is keeping you from doing it? Are you hungry? Do you feel stressed, lacsidaisical, or what? There is usually an underlying problem that makes up kind of not give it your all. Let us know how we can help you. I know you can do this. It is never easy of course. Nothing that is really good is ever really easy, but you have the strength and you can have the commitment to do it, I know you can. We want you to be just where you want to be so we are here for you!

We went and finished up the grocery shopping and got our flu vaccine. DH is like a little boy. He kind of pouted about the vaccine because he didn't want to get it, but I told him he would be irked at me many times before this was through and that I only did things for his benefit never to hurt him. Anyway, he won't get the flu now hopefully and that will be one less risk.

I need to get hopping back on those menus so I am going to go.

Faye;)

Scuzin
11-07-2003, 05:26 PM
I don't know why but I'm just feeling happy today and want to share it with you all! :D

I honestly can't believe what has changed in me in the last few months. Yes I have always been unhappy with my weight but if someone had told me a couple years ago that I would be going to a gym on a regular basis and actually eating well I would have laughed and delayed actually doing it just for spite. Terrible huh? I'd just like to thank you ladies for encouraging me along and providing a place just to come and share! I seriously feel like I can let out parts of my personality here that I can't in most situations. I kind of have a reputation for being cynical:( . So thanks also for bringing out a part of me that doesn't get to see the light of day very often :p I raise my spoon of 99% fat free yogurt to you!:grouphug:

A cool but freaky thing has started happening. I'm starting not to recognize certain parts of my body. I'll look down and and think to myself "Is that my leg? Shouldn't it be thicker?" I'm hoping over Christmas break to go and try on a lower pant size.

Congrats to everyone on the pound losses this week and even to those that didn't crangrat on stickin' with it.

Have a great day

Sandybrat
11-07-2003, 07:27 PM
HELLO BEAUTIFULS!!!! I got all 4 yesterday. Cant tell about weight loss tho... i think its time for a new scale... one time is says 224 thne i get right back on and it says 231... it just keeps happening...lol so we are off to get a new one tonite and i will weigh in tomorrow... Did my watp tape today... i really like it... and i can feel the difference in my legs already... and my butt!! LOL Lisa u just keep doing what u can and when u need help ask us... u know we are always here for u. Congrats to those who lost... and those who just keep on trying. I loved the mandela quote... beautiful... I hope everyone has a great night... remember to take care of u... love you all...

Sandy

gma22
11-08-2003, 08:56 AM
SATURDAY: Today is :sunny: thoughts Saturday! Share with us something to make us smile or laugh today!

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS: NEW AND WRAP UP FROM YESTERDAY:

SandyB: :bravo:
Me: :bravo:

My sunny thought for today:

A truck driver was driving along on the freeway. A sign comes up that reads "low bridge ahead". He tries to turn off, but before he knows it, the bridge is right there and he gets stuck under it. Cars are backed up for miles. Finally, a police car comes up, a cops gets out, and walks around to the truck driver. He puts his hands on his hips and says, "Got stuck, huh?" The truck driver says, "No, I was delivering this bridge and ran out of gas."

Not a belly washer, but amusing!

I get to start cleaning house today. Upstairs first I guess. Man, there seems to always be something to do. I am glad I don't still have kids in the house or I would be totally nuts! I am going to try and get out to the mall and walk today maybe with Jack in a wheelchair if he feels like it.

Talk to you later, ladies.

Faye :)

Mirabelly
11-08-2003, 09:21 AM
Morning Ladies,
Faye, I am so impressed that you have not let Jack's heartattack disrupt your routines. I know you're making adjustments and all, but you are getting your regular cleaning done and getting out of the house and that is just GREAT! I know whenever James is home sick (which isn't very often) I just use it as an excuse to stop everything and be lazy (cuz he really NEEDS me to sit on the couch and watch tv with him or take a nap :lol: ) So Good For You!

Susan, I know what you mean about the changes that happen when you come here regularly. I am a totally changed person over the past few months, I'm thinner than I've been in a DECADE and I'm happy and I have a clean house.......It's WEIRD! But I LIKE IT!

I guess that was my sunny thought.

I have my down times too, usually during TOM (I'm pmsing right now and have been eating compulsively....fortunately, there's nothing dangerous in the house!) But they are only down times, I get right back up after a day or two and keep cruising down the road. In years past, I'd hit that rough spot in the road and just quit! It has helped me so much to just not buy the junk. If it's not in the house, I can't eat it. And we live too far out in the country to drive an hour just to get a dove bar!

I do have "fixings" for yummy snacks. Like, I can make a pumpkin custard (pie without the crust) anytime I want to get up off my *** and wait an hour for the satisfaction of eating it. And I can make cookies or sf/ff pudding anytime.......but the point is I have to expend the energy to actually MAKE it, and clean up, and then I have to WAIT to enjoy it. USually, that's way too much bother and I just skip it. My frozen grapes are always there for a quick sugar fix!

Well, speaking of down times, I got 3 points yesterday. The water thing just ain't happenin' this week!!! And I'm so dehydrated, I can tell. I need to go fill up the water bottle right now so I get started early!

Everyone have a super weekend!
Julie

gma22
11-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Julie: :cp: Just start getting that water in now!

Julie: I think now that I have everything organized, I can get back to things being semi-normal anway. I told Jack that when I have the energy to do something I have to do it right then and push myself so that is why I got up and cleaned the upstairs. I also fixed us pancakes and bacon and syrup all lowfat and I have lost another 1.5 lbs since yesterday! It is all the cooking I am doing and all the stuff I have bought. We had beef stroganoff with noodles and apple crisp for dinner last night. I am just concentrating on getting Jack stronger right now! I think we are going to go to the mall like I said a little later and I will just push him around for awhile just to get him out for awhile. He is napping right now.

Well, I need to finish painting my nails and get a shower.

Mirabelly
11-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Hi gals!

I just thought I'd share another yummy super-low calorie recipe with you. I just finished scarfing down a whole pan and I doubt if I had more than 150 or 200 calories.

LEEKS AND BACON:

First, microwave 3 or 4 pieces of turkey bacon (louis rich brand).

WHile that's cooking, slice up and WASH WELL the green parts of four leeks. I save the white part for soups and stir fry. Saute the leeks in a tbsp. of olive oil. When they are tender, crumble up the bacon...stir them up together and enjoy! If you like chewy bacon, you can just saute it with the leeks. I like my bacon crunchy.

That's it! Four pieces of bacon have 140 cals., the leek greens might have 50 (though I doubt it)

If you want more flavor with a few more calories, I typically add a teaspoon of vinegar or white wine to the saute. Also, I sometimes add sundried tomatoes and a little feta cheese. Yummy!

Later,
Julie

Sandybrat
11-08-2003, 01:07 PM
HELLOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFULS!!! I lost another 2lbs... woooo hoooo!! I love that recipe Julie... and i am going out to get the stuff and make it today... lol
Kinda hectic here this morning so i dont have much time to write.. but i will be back later...lol
remember to take care of u... love u all..

Sandy

Zoli
11-08-2003, 01:12 PM
I am new to this site and new to wanting to stick to a weight loss regieme ( sp?) I am not sure how much water I should be driniking either, what is the goal for that, my current water intake comes from ice in my soda, LOL, I know I need to quit with the sodas, I finally got off my rump and excercised last night, and can feel it today, but it's a nice feeling. I am hoping to go down a size or 2 by Christmas so I can show off to my In-laws. Well Hubby is taking me out today to pick up some books and just get out for a bit, so I have to run and shower, I enjoy getting to know you all...

Zoli

Scuzin
11-08-2003, 01:28 PM
Hello hello

4 points for me yesterday :)

Julie: Contrats on the 2 pounds!

Zoli: I am a newcommer to this thread too and I can assure you it is very welcoming and reassuring place to be.

I think I'm going to attempt running today...well jogging. I did the treadmil a few times a few weeks ago but switched to the eliptical which seems to burn more for me. I'm thinking about Thanks Giving and Christmas breaks where I won't have regular access to a gym anymore and I need something to keep me going! (although over Christmas I'm thinnking of taking advantage of those "try for a day/week free" things gyms always have.)

gma22
11-08-2003, 04:59 PM
POINT:

Susan: :bravo:

Everyone is doing pretty well! Keep up the good work.

Lisa: I expect to keep seeing you no matter what, ok?

Zoli: Welcome to the group. I am sort of the thread administrator so if you have ? of any kind do not hesitate to ask anything. This thread is to help you get on the right track and lose the weight, get on a regular exercise routine that you can enjoy and live with and HAVE FUN LOSING WEIGHT! Please go to the 1st post of the thread and it will tell you all the topics, challenges and how points are earned. Below is personal stuff on each of us. Please give us some info and I will include it then every time a newbie posts, I just cut and paste it all so everyone doesn't have to repeat it over and over! As for water, you should be getting AT LEAST 64 oz a day and more if you are exercising. Please, Please try hard to give up the soft drinks. They put big time lbs on you. I know, I was so addicted I drank 6-10 A DAY! I now drink water and have an occasional diet when I feel like it.

Hi, my name is Faye, I am 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

SN: Honeyrose29
I am a 32 yr old married mom of 5 kids ranging in age from 13.5 to 3. Four boys and a girl. My all-time heaviest weight was 232 and my goal is 130-135. I only have about 10-15 lbs left until I reach my goal but I am really struggling with them. I live in Ohio with my family and a house full of parrots . I do private rescue for unwanted birds and I enjoy and spend a great deal of time quilting which is an art passed to me from my grandmother and I think of her with every stitch . Thats my story!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 29 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

I'm 37 and I have to kids 15 and 5. I've been married 19 years. I am about to start a janitorial business. I did that before and let it go, now the kids are bigger I'm going at it again. I weigh 170 and have weighed that since the first one was born. I would like to weigh 135 which is what I weighed before she was born. I live in Northa Carolina. I wonder are we close? I don't care if you post any of this. Thanks for everything--Debra Lee

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

Hi! My name is Ritu and I'm from India. I have 2 children, a son 19 and a daughter 17. Both my kids are in college. Till recently I was a stay at home mom so I'm finding the 'empty nest' a bit difficult to handle. Fortunately, I started a small business of my own a couple of years ago, so that keeps me busy. I'm also very lucky in that I have amazing friends and family. I have been a yo-yo dieter for the past 18 years -I only put on weight after my pregnancy before which I weighed 110 lbs. I started dieting 18 yrs. ago at 150 lbs., and since have been up and down zillion times. I now weigh 176 lbs, my highest ever. I lost 32 lbs. last year and have gained them all back plus 5 more this year. But this time I know I will succeed.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

Screen name: mugirl213
I am 25 and currently residing with my parents in Reading, PA (like the railroad from Monopoly). I work in advertising for Boscov's, which is the largest family-owned department store in the US. I am not married, nor do I have any children, but I am coming off of some recent drama dealing with 2 boyfriends. Long story, but I'm on the straight and narrow now. I belong to a gym which I have been attending 6 days of the week (Saturday's off) and I count calories and try to stay under 1300 daily. I have 2 parents, 1 dog, some fish, a sister, a brother-in-law, 2 nephews, 2 grandparents and a partridge in a pear tree.

JUDY: I am 43 yr old single mom of Billy, my 13 year old wonderful son.
I have weighed as much as 308 when pregnant, and have gained and lost the same 50 pounds of the last few years. I was slowly and steadily losing weight until my husband died last March. At that time I had so many other things to take care of, I kind of got lost in the shuffle, and now I am back up to 298. things have settled down now, so I can take care of me again.

I am a Real Estate secretary, so I sit most all day.

My name is Susan and I've grown up in the North West. I'm a sophomore at (transfering for winter term) the University of Oregon. I love Music, theater, and being silly with my friends. I have no significant other, but a large family the imediate of wich includes my parents and 4 siblings, all about 10 years older, but we are still close and I love them all dearly.
I've bee a chubby girl for as long as I can remeber and the time has come to stop my bad habbits. I'm not quite sure what my all time high was because I wasn't weighing myself at the time, but this July I weighed in at 218 wich is the highest I've ever seen the scale. I'm now at 194 as of last friday and am working toward 150 by my 21st birthday in January 2005. I drink water and go to the campus gym 3-4 days a week. On other days I still have to ride my bike and walk around campus. I want to drop the weight so that I can FEEL young and be the 20-something I know I can be.

HAS ANYONE EVER MADE PUDGIE BRAND BROWNIES? THEY ARE FAT FREE AND I AM MAKING THEM LIKE A FUDGE PIE KIND OF THING SO I HOPE THEY TURN OUT! LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE EVER MADE THEM AND WHETHER YOU LIKED THEM OR NOT.

Jack and I went to the mall and I wheeled him all over in the wheel chair. We had lunch at Chick-fil-it and had a pretty yummy grilled chicken sandwich actually. Jack doesn't have much of an appetite yet, but I force him to eat! :lol: He enjoyed being out and I enjoyed it too. I did something for myself, bought a bunch of cotton blossom fragrance and lotion from Bath and Body and this adorable little fleece backpack that has a hat, gloves and scarf all to match. Only $15! They would be terrific gifts for older girls and women for Christmas. They had a winter white, pick, blue, red and green I think. I got white so whatever winter coat I end up buying it will be ok with! I would like to get a leather jacket but I don't know.

Enough blabbing I have to check my brownie stuff and fold some more clothes!

Faye:lol:

happy dance dot
11-08-2003, 05:17 PM
hi girls I got 4pts for thurs and 4pts for fri.

Been busy but just dropped in to say congrats Julie on the 2lbs...

welcome Zolie u'll love it here.

Everyone else take care and have a happy Saturday maybe I'll check in later.

Mirabelly
11-08-2003, 05:48 PM
Whoa! SandyB lost the 2 pounds.......Kudos go to her!!! :cp: :cp:

It's tough to keep everyone straight we're growing so quickly.

WELCOME TO ZOLI! THis is a great bunch of girls to hang out with!

Well, I worked my butt off today hauling in wood and kindling from the woods around my house. It was barely over 30 degrees, sunny and windy! Just a beautiful day!! And really working in the woods is my favorite thing to do on days like this. THen dh and I put up a bunch of insulation in the room we're working on over the garage. Sooooo, now the dd's have convinced us to take them to pizza hut. Really not sure what I"ll do.........was planning to have cabbage soup tonight. I guess I'll just see how I feel when I get there, maybe I"ll be good or maybe not. But with as hard as I worked today, I won't feel guilty about it. We haven't really been out to eat in a month or two (other than the occasional road food, where I've been sticking with salads)

Guess I aughta be going now. Faye, I've seen those pudgie brownies, but haven't made them. Let us know how they taste.

Later all,
Julie

gma22
11-08-2003, 08:53 PM
DO NOT POST HERE. JOIN OUR HAPPY LITTLE GROUP AT #38