Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready to Try Again ..... #435

Terri in MO
11-03-2003, 07:24 AM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!

Terri in MO
11-03-2003, 07:27 AM
In case anyone missed this on the end of the last thread:

Hello everyone. This is not 2cute ... but rather her daughter. I feel like I know some of you from my mom sharing stories. Nothing private like... just cute stories.

Anyway... I am here because my mom asked me to tell all of you that her mom has passed away and she will be gone for a while longer. The funeral will probably be Wed.
She (mom) is doing fine but knew that all of you would be wondering how both she and her mom were. She did not want anyone to worry.

Well.. that is it. I hope all of you have a nice day.

katrinabgood
11-03-2003, 07:48 AM
Sara I am so excited to see your post I am sitting here naked typing!

WELCOME back and PLEASE don't leave us again.

Happy Monday, and my wish for this new week is that at the end of it - we are all losers!!!

Later, gotta get ready for work!

Grannie39074
11-03-2003, 07:49 AM
2Cute Hugs to you and your family

Yesterday was DH birthday he was 60 I bought him 2 shirts and 2 pairs of pants, 2 tee shirts and gave hime the money to get a new radio for his truck. I made him what he wanted for dinner
Oriental Pork Loin, Rice a Roni, steamed cabbage. I didn't make a cake instead I bought a carrot cake. Then I gave him a private gift
;) :D

I have been off since Thursday and am not really ready to go back to work. I am gonig to be off on Thursday this week instead of Fri. I am planning on going to Mistletoe Marketplace. It is a huge christmas show they have here every year.

Well I better run and get a bath and eat breakfast. I will try to stay OP today but it is so hard.

katrinabgood
11-03-2003, 07:57 AM
Dearest 2cute and family...So sorry to hear of your loss. You are in our hearts and in our prayers...I know I speak for all. {{{hugs}}}

SARA! I was so psyched to see your little flower avatar once again! You have been missed...welcome back!

I have more to say, but have to roust the boy out of bed for school.

later...

BarbPA
11-03-2003, 09:36 AM
Good Morning Lovely Ladies!
:sunny:

I am trying to approach this day with a great attitude, but the cramps are really getting in the way! :dizzy: I did manage to get my butt out of bed and to the gym this morning. I worked out for about 30 minutes. Not great, but way better than not working out at all!!!

I have an appt. today with an endocrinologist. I made the appt. 6 months ago and am just now getting in today. Hopefully he's good and can help me out. :)

We decided not to buy the car we put the deposit down on Friday night - we just aren't ready to make a decision. I called the guy this morning and told him I'd be stopping by later to get my $ - boy was he not happy with me. I hate the whole car buying process and dealing with some of the real pain in the butt salesman! (hoping not to offend anyone that may be in the business)

2cute & family --- My deepest sympathies on your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
:grouphug:

Sara --- OMG, I am so happy to see you posting. I think of you often and wonder how you are doing. I hope you will be joining us more often. You know we are here for you through the losses and gains, no matter what. Please don't leave us again for so long!

Kat - Thanks for the visual this morning! Or was is Lucky giving us the visual?? I was a little confused looking at your posts! :lol: :lol:

Mary - Sounds like you enjoyed your DH's b-day as well! Good for you! ;)

Michelle --- Good job on the tests!!! Keep up the good work! :cool:

I know that's not everyone, but I've got to get some work done! I'll talk to you all later on!

:love:
Barb

katrinabgood
11-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Hey, I'm back...I just read a wonderful piece in the Skinny Daily Post thread. Titled, "How I Got Fat," and posted on 10/28, it is so insightful and full of hope and promise for us all...check it out...it's worth the read, as are all of her posts. I love what this woman has to say!

Okay. So, it's Monday. You know what that means. The day after Sunday! That's all. It's juat another day. HA! You thought I was going to say, "Time to start again!" Fooled ya!!!

We don't need to wait until Monday to "start again." Each and every minute of every day is new...so we can renew our efforts whenever we want/need to! Tha past is the past. Face the future. See yourself as you want to be and act as though you are.

Here's what I'm going to do today:
*Exercise. (ride the bike, 100 crunches)
*Pick up info at community college...going to register for winter semester. (local satellite school is not far off my bike route.)
*Make stir fry for dinner...
chicken/broccoli/carrots/onions/garlic/soy sauce :T
*Laundry...1 load washed, dried, folded. In addition to the loads currently sitting in my washer AND dryer.
*Make all dr/dentist appts that I have put off forever.
*File the stack of papers sitting in my kitchen for forever. (see a trend here?)
*Get pictures developed from Halloween. hee hee
*Polish my nails... done! priorities, baby!

No time for sleep. I'll do that tonight.

I'll be back later to check off what I've accomplished.

have a great, productive day everyone...

katrinabgood
11-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Barb...I brought Lucky's post over from the last thread...

or...... perhaps we are one and the same! Ever see us together in the same room at the same time?

:chin:

qsilver
11-03-2003, 11:07 AM
2cute, thank you for having your daughter post an update. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. *HUGS* I'm all teary here and can't think of better words.

qsilver
11-03-2003, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone :)

Day 3 and all set for it to be OP! Meals are packed and waiting in my lunch box. So far this is being easier the second time around. I'm not having to fight myself quite so hard to eat 6 meals a day. Tells me something about how long I'd been starving my body that I couldn't give it the amount of food/nutrition it actually needs to function.

Kat, your Monday commentary made me smile. You are absolutely right! We don't have to wait for Monday to start over. Each new moment can be the right time to make the decision and just do it. I felt so desperate this last week that I knew I couldn't wait until Monday. And it isn't like the dieting gods have a Monday mandate either.

Barb, is this a nasty month for TOM or what?! I've been PMS'ing in the worst way and am currently relieved to see it actually starting, but there are always those wonderful cramps to look forward to... Good luck with the endocrinologist and the same goes for car shopping. I hate it with a passion!

Mary, can I come to your house for my next birthday dinner? Sounds like the two of you had fun. :) And Mistletoe Marketplace sounds like a blast!

Joanne, good to see you again! I'm sorry the sugar monster got to you. :( I had this image of a chicken or veggie monster attack, but I guess mine wouldn't be all healthy and roasted, it would be deep fried with some fattening dipping sauce!

I know there are tons more replies to be made, but I am totally out of time. Have to get paperwork turned in for a show before heading to job #1.

Andria

QueenB
11-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Ok.... this won't be long because I'm in a cleaning frenzy today and I don't want to lose too much time sitting on my duff!

I just have to say though......

2cute: I am SO sorry to hear about your loss. It seems like you've had a hard time this year and I just want you to know I am always here for you and love you very very much. {{{hugs}}} I will keep you and your entire family in my prayers and thank your daughter for letting us know what's going on with you.

AND

SaraJoy: It's about damn time! Those that know me well, know I don't cuss much, but I'm pretty excited here so I felt an explative was necessary. It's about time you showed your pretty face back here and we don't care if you've gained some back. You don't have to be perfect for us, we love you just the way you are!

Alright guys.... that's all I have in me now, but I'll be back later!

Hugs!! :grouphug:

Grannie39074
11-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Amen Tina

SaraJoy
11-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back all! It feels like coming home to be back here on 3FC with you lovely ladies! :)

First off...
2Cute: I'm very sorry for the loss of your mother. I know she had been ill for a long time but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier. You're in my thoughts...

Tina: Whooey! I made you cuss! I like stirring things up a bit! ;)

Kat & Barb: Ahh... your posts made me smile! You guys are sweet!

Thin: Thank you for your concern and support! It means a lot to me. :)

SO... things have been a bit tricky over here. My life and relationships are hugely complex right now (I'm not going to get into everything right now). Suffice it to say, things have been chaotic... and I've been EATING.

The good news is THIS! I'm stopping misbehaving before my weight gets out of control again. I've probably gained back 20 pounds or so... which would probably put me at 155+ or so (I'm not getting on the scale right now). I'm gonna give my diet a few weeks and THEN get on the scale...

Still a far cry from the 270 pounds that I used to be... this is just a hiccup and all will be well! IT HAS to be... I'm the matron of honour in TWO weddings in the spring. (Well, one in February and one in April.) The second one is my sister Ruth's wedding and it's gonna be a DOUSY! She's marrying a Greek guy and she's having a big, fat, Greek wedding! AND... damn it... I have to look good in those dresses!!!

Must get dinner on! G'old salmon steaks and cucumber salad! Back on track baby!

-Sara :)

SaraJoy
11-03-2003, 05:06 PM
WHO'S UP FOR LOSING 20 POUNDS FOR CHRISTMAS??!!

I'm doing it! Who's with me?

-Sara :)

MichelleK
11-03-2003, 07:15 PM
Sara good to have you back! I always wondered what ever happened to you! You were and still are such an inspiration to us! you are my hero!

2Cute...so sorry for you loss. I can't even imagine the pain! Just know you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Barb---actually I ended up getting a 95% in that one class. They must have graded it on a curve cause when I submitted the exam it came back as 86.6% I'll take the 95 though!! Next semester I am taking 3 classes....have to get in as many credits as I can while financial aid is paying for it...well most of it! I do have a couple of small student loans! I don't think I will qualify next year cause I make too darn much money...enough to support myself but not enough to pay for college...makes sense huh?

Mary we just do the best we can. We are not and never will be perfect with our food. As long as we are aware of what we are putting in our mouths I think it helps in the long run!

Tina cuss away cause you make me laugh when you do! I can just here that southern accent cussing!

So Kat...you're gonna go to school too? I love it. I am a professional student! It keeps my mind from turning to mush!

Hi Teri and Andria....I gotta run again...have to get the boy ready for bed and get clothes ready for the morning. It makes the mornings so much easier when everything is laid out and lunches are packed!

Catch you all later!

TTFN Michelle

LuckyLadyBug
11-03-2003, 07:16 PM
I didn't do my WATP tape when I got home tonight, I did SATP instead. (shovel away the pounds)

Driving home was awful. The roads were all ice and snow. Do you all notice a trend in my life - either ice & snow or raking & burning !!!!

Does anyone here color their own hair? When I had my hair permed it stripped out the color, everyone pleads "I don't know"....:mad: BUT I really like it permed because it is so easy. I hate it being two-toned so wanted to color it but don't want to pay $40.00 to do it if it won't hold the color. Please, help!!!! What kind of color do you use, is it hard to do? What if I turn green? (hehe that would work for me - green as in the :lucky: icon)

gma22
11-03-2003, 07:45 PM
Hello ladies. I selfishly ask again that you commit some prayer time for me. So many of you when I posted here before were so kind and wonderful to me and you will never know how much I appreciate it. My wonderful husband of 31 years, Jack had a major heart attack this morning. He is 54 years old with no prior heart trouble, blood pressure trouble, or diabetic problems. They did some repair to his heart and he is in ICU and at this time is resting comfortably, but when and if you have a prayer time, would you please just mention him for a moment. I thank you so very much.

Faye (Donna)

Terri in MO
11-03-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi ladies!

Okay, I was prepared to do replies for the last two threads yesterday but now I'm not up to it. Forgive me! I have read it all though!

Faye - You and your family are definitely in my prayers. I'm so sorry about your DH. My DH had a heart attack 3 years ago and a triple by-pass. Be strong for him. It will be tough on you too as he may go through lots of emotions. DH went through a phase of anger and terrible mood swings. Be there to take care of him too once he gets moved from the ICU. They often don't have enough nurses in the critical care units. :grouphug:

Okay, so why wasn't the Weight Loss Challenge on Dr. Phil today? I thought that was on every Monday.

For those you who forget where I was - DH and I went to Eureka Springs, Arkansas for a four day mini-vacation. We rented a cabin in an adults only (not nude adults :lol: ) small resort that sat on top of a mountain ridge overlooking the lake. The view was gorgeous. The cabin was very pretty and roomy. The jacuzzi was wonderful. We took movies, books, music, food and just enjoyed being in the peace and quiet. We saw three movies that we really liked (Phone Booth, Identity and David Gale). The food was wonderful. We got married in Eureka and our honeymoon pretty much sucked so this was the honeymoon we didn't really have before. It felt like a retreat and like we had the opportunity to draw closer and stronger. We plan on doing that again in a couple of years.

That is until we got home and DH said something really stupid about my food and eating habits. So much for bliss. :rolleyes:

I still have to buy batteries so I can download the pics.

This is weird. DH picked up the dog from being boarded with the vet. Now, I do know its my dog but he doesn't look like my dog. My gawd he's huge. He's 158 pounds now.

Only 3-1/2 weeks until NYC!

I've run out of steam for the evening. Have a great one!

Hello to everyone :wave:

pjkdreamer
11-03-2003, 10:05 PM
2 cute,

I am so very sorry to hear of your mom's passing. My most heart- felt condolences honey. I will pray for you and your famiy. Come back to us when you are able, we will be right here waiting with love and open arms.:grouphug:

thinthinker
11-04-2003, 12:54 AM
Hi everybody!:wave: WOW, I was on the go from morning til night today! I'm really looking forward to my bed! :yawn:

I had to stop in though and tell you my good news. Apparently, going to Curves three times last week was worth it because I was down \/ 3.5 pounds this morning at WI (not Wisconsin)! That is actually good enough news for me to do my happy dance :) :D :) :D :) Boy, that felt good, I haven't done that dance in awhile!

I worked my butt off today: WW this morning, 3 post offices, and a grocery store, Curves and then I came home and scrubbed my kitchen floor because we had a guy coming to look at a seam that is separating in our linoleum. Whew! See why I'm ready for bed???

2cute: I'm really sorry for your loss. [[[hugs]]] I can't imagine going through losing both parents within a matter of months. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Take care of yourself and know that we are here for you when you get back.

Sarah: Amazing what a little ultimatum will do???? I'm glad to see you back, kiddo. You have been sorely missed! [[[hugs]]] You should have known that it doesn't matter to us if you've gained a pound or two, we're family and I'm glad you've come back to be with us. Your chair has been sitting here empty just waiting for you to return. You know we're all just dying to know what's going on in your life. Are you still working the rape crisis line? Still going to school? How's Reg? Inquiring minds want to know.

Andria: I love it when your posts get deep. I'm glad to hear you're getting back on track. Good for you!

Syn: 19 pounds is awesome! You go, girl! We may get skinny yet! :spin:

Tina: I'm glad Kat posted to you about Ron's behavior. I actually had written a post. You know, the standard, "he's a schmuck" kinda post. But somehow it got lost. Maybe it was an omen since it left room for Kat to put her 2 cents worth in. :lol:

Katrina: Hey, what was that comment about ME always playing devil's :devil: advocate???? Who? Me? Good job on all the bike riding, BTW!!!

Lucky: SNOW?????? What the heck??? It can't be snowing already. What happened to Fall???? * Yes, I color my own hair and have been for many years. And yes, a perm does fade the color. I used to use Loreal Preference or Excellence. They are both "permanent" hair color and are harsher on your hair. I have now been using Loreal Color Spa Moisture Actif (used to be Color Castings) for about 6 months. It says it washes out in 25 washings, I get about a month out of it. I like #26 or #30. Both are an Auburn color, one is just darker than the other. Yes, you can do it yourself. No, it isn't hard to do.

JoeAnne: Ummm, a veggie monster??? Or a chicken monster??? all that congered up was a line from that movie (dang if I can remember the name of it :eek: ), the one that was animated with all the chickens??? Anyway, the line was one chicken saying, "I don't want to be a pie!" Ok, it was funny if you saw the movie.

Barb: Chaulk some of your husbandly disgust up to PMS and Mother Nature, but the rest is just his plain old TESTOSTERONE!!! :rolleyes:

Terri: Your weekend away sounds wonderful. So relaxing. At least your honey waited until you got home to tick you off with what he said!!!

Pam: Oh, honey, I know that gerbil wheel all too well. Hope things straighten out for you real soon.

Mary: Sounds like you threw a really nice birthday party for your honey. Especially, YOUR present!!! ;)

Michelle: Those are some pretty impressive grades, girlfriend! You have far more ambition than I could ever muster: run a household, raise a son, work full-time AND go to school! Whew, you wear me out!

Well girls, I think I'm going to hit the hay! Hope you're all doing well. We still have some AWOL friends: Duckie, Steph, Amanda, Sandy, Natalie, Homebound, Connie. Where are you guys??? The chocolate's gone. Halloween is over. Come on out and play.

Terri in MO
11-04-2003, 07:44 AM
:wave:

Not much time this morning. I didn't sleep well last night and so I'm running late. I'm having a stressed week because there is so much to be done at work plus so much to be done at home - and already have 3 nights booked up outside the house - that I'm sort of :fr: out. I'll try to calm down and just concentrate on getting stuff done. But I hate it when it disturbs my sleep.

I've been paying bills this morning so no times for replies.

I do want to get in a huge :bravo: to Thin. What a great loss and more importantly for getting back to a life centered around your health.

I'm outta here! Have a great day. Move your butt! Close those lips! Put a smile on your face! Don't forget your long term goals. :drill:

pjkdreamer
11-04-2003, 08:01 AM
Morning Lovelies,

2 cute: I am thinking of you this morning. Much love coming your way. Come back to us whenever you are ready. Prayers for you and your family.

:grouphug:

Grannie39074
11-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Good Tuesday morning chicks

I do not go to work till 2:30 today so I am setting here sipping hot tea. I have been shopping online for christmas gifts for DH.

Way to go to all the lossers of weight. I am still stuck.

well I better go talk later

katrinabgood
11-04-2003, 10:59 AM
I swore that I wouldn't be back til I completed my list...but I fell asleep last night around 9:00...down for the count!

Here's what I did do:
*Exercise. (ride the bike,done! 2 hours--I had a great ride! 100 crunches not done)
*Pick up info at community collegedone
*Make stir fry for dinner...
wellll...I made dinner, but not what I had planned!
*Laundry...1 load washed, dried, folded. In addition to the loads currently sitting in my washer AND dryer.hmmm...partiallydone...a work in progress
*Make all dr/dentist appts that I have put off forever.done
*File the stack of papers sitting in my kitchen for forever. not even attempted...will try again today
*Get pictures developed from Halloween. hee heedone, which involved TWO trips to Costco...ugh
*Polish my nails... done! priorities, baby! I think I need a touch up already

Sooooooooooo.....I'm working on the laundry right now. I just came back from the farm market...stocked up on all kinds of lovely fruits and veggies...$42.00 worth! Broccoli rabe was the special today...anyone cook with this??? I've sauteed it with garlic and olive oil...which is good...I welcome any other ideas!

SO. Miss SaraJoy...I am up for the challenge! 20# by Christmas will mean some serious, hard work, BUT IT CAN BE DONE!

Gotta run...more from me later!

Have a great day girls!

qsilver
11-04-2003, 11:21 AM

Day 4 still going strong. Don't have my foods prepared for the day, and I'd better be getting on that fast so there isn't an excuse to slip. I have hit the sugar wall, I think. Breach this sucker and I know that will be ok. Last night I was seriously craving something sweet, though. Fortunately I remembered that I hadn't had my shake yet, so that curbed things. I'll break that sugar beastie down to a manageable size!

I don't have any more time for replies this morning. Have to get to work! I'm running a bit later than I had hoped because I was taking our election judges breakfast. Made potatoes and onions with a little sharp cheddar melted over the top, sauteed mushrooms with fresh basil, garlic and a little shot of lemon juice, scrambled eggs, and turkey bacon. They seemed happy. :)

Oh, one quicky reply... Faye, you aren't selfish in asking for our additional prayers. And of course they are yours. Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery for your darling DH!!!

Andria

BarbPA
11-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Hi Gals!
How is everyone doing this lovely day? I am feeling in control of myself today -- unlike yesterday when the PMS monster made me ate some oreos! :devil: I just had a nice lunch with some work friends - they bought food from the cafeteria and I took my Lean Cusine and carrots with me. We sat outside in the warm weather. It's 74 and sunny here today (Sorry Lucky!). I was offered a chocolate chip cookie - did I eat it? :no: I politely turned it down! :) Yea for me! I didn't get up for the gym this morning, but I plan on at least hitting the treadmill tonight or maybe taking the dogs for a walk.

I went to my endocrinologist yesterday. It was my first time seeing him - I made the appt. nearly 6 months ago. He was great!!! Really explained everything to me and took time to learn about me. I definately have hypothroidism and my thyroid is swollen - he tripled my dose of synthroid to 75mcg. I'll try that for 8 weeks and see if it helps. Once we get the dose right I hopefully won't be so tired all the time. :^:

I wanted to do some replies, but I just got an e-mail about work I need to tend to, so I'll stop back later!

I hope everyone is having a great day!

:)Barb

Duckie25
11-04-2003, 04:00 PM
I haven't flown the coop yet;)

I've been so busy lately, with work training a new scale girl, then we went and fired her, and now I'm currently doing two positions until they fill her spot, but then I'll have to train another girl, no rest for the weary, and everything else that goes on day to day. I've been trying to lurk but haven't even been a good lurker lately:( But I am still well and kicking.

I'm glad to see Sara back, I've missed your posts, and I will join you on you challenge. By the way how did your eye surgery go, no more glasses? I think you disappeared right after your surgery.

So girls to fill you in, Well I went and checked out TOPS last week and have decided that I will become a member. Tonight is my first official meeting as a member. I did weigh my self last week, wasn't looking forward to it, cause my scale at home is always about 10lbs lighter than other scales, and I was right I weighed in at 299.5:?: I said I would never get over 300lbs again and I'm not. So by Dec 22 ( that's when we leave for NFLD) I want to weigh in at 279.5lbs 20lbs lighter.

I've started doing some excersice's, tried pilates on Sunday, and by last night my abs were killing me, it hurt so bad to cough. But pilates are really difficult, but you sure feel them working, as well as I did my 1 Mile Walk Away the pounds, and am trying to do some sort of weights and strength training every other day.
Hopefully tonight I will show a loss.:crossed:

Well what else is new, I cut my hair short, and died it black, that was a mistake was suppose to be dark brown, but It's jet black, which is okay, I have really dark eyebrows. Hubby thinks it looks sexy, so that's all that matters.:devil:

2Cute, your in my prayers, hope everything goes smoothly with no added stresses. Hugs

Thin, thanks for always remembering me. Such a busy lady but always has time for us. You are very thoughtful.:)

Well I should get back to work, will try to check in more often, by the way are we going to do the Christmas card exchange again.

katrinabgood
11-04-2003, 05:22 PM
Another blast from the past! Hi Duckie! Good to hear from you!

This is just a quickie to say "Thank You" :love: to Thin. You are so thoughtful. Your card really brought a smile to my face when I really needed it! Thanks again!

Food has been great. I'm about to leave for the gym...so exercise is going real well too. I haven't weighed myself lately. Trying to get away from the lure of the scale. When I feel a significant change in clothing, I'll get back on. Changing my focus here...whatever works!

Donna...I hope that all goes well with your hubby. Take care of yourself too...

Gotta run, don't want to miss "Body Pump." :strong:

Grannie39074
11-04-2003, 07:14 PM
I'm soooo sleepy here at work

LuckyLadyBug
11-04-2003, 07:27 PM
I have noticed I can control my eating much easier if I keep my food simple. A chicken breast with broccoli or a bowl of soup is simple, easy and countable!

I realized if I eat “complicated” food – pizza, lasagna, omelets – things with many ingredients I gorge myself. Don’t know why, it’s just a fact for me.

Thanks for the tip, Thin. (Hair)

I have to go and get ready for bed. After the terrible snow and ice yesterday it must have affected the power lines. ALL night long I would lose electricity - then lay and worry about it only to doze off and it would come back on - then go off - then come back on, over and over and over and over. When the electricity would come back on it would ring my door bell and wake me up.

Needless to say I am tired. My eyes even burn. Luckily - no snow and ice until Saturday!!!!! :dance:

SusieH
11-04-2003, 08:51 PM
With my tale between my legs, I am coming home. Back to where I need to be. Back to where my friends are, and they know what I am going through and can help me get back to where I need to be to continue my journey in the right direction.

I am tired and stressed and in need of a good *** kicking!!!!! I stopped going to Weight Watchers three weeks ago, and my weight has crept up approximately 9 pounds! While work is as stressful as ever (budget time again, idiots running the show, crappy personnel, etc...), I can't allow myself to continue to make excuses. I am fat and I over eat. I over eat when I am stressed, sad, anxious, happy, bored, etc... I don't need an excuse to over eat. Like the Nike slogan. I "JUST DO IT"!

I am going to contact my primary care physician and see about getting a referral to see someone (nutritionist, exercise therapist, shrink, whatever). I need HELP. I am going to commit myself to coming to this site once a day. I am going to continue to exercise (which I am still doing) at least 5 times a week. I am going to start cooking at least one real meal a week (this is a hard one for me, because I hate to cook). I am going to start planning my meals again. I am going to drink 64 ounces of water each and every day. I am going to stop feeling sorry for myself and my situation, and praise God for giving me life, a great and healthy family and a decent job.

It is time for me to get moving and get motivated!!!!!!

Ok. That said, step right up and kick my butt. I really need it.

SusieH
11-04-2003, 08:52 PM
2Cute: Sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Susie

qsilver
11-04-2003, 11:42 PM

And I do mean EVERYONE! It is so great to have people returning to us. :)

Sara, I don't think we met before, but I have heard so much about you from everyone else here. Your presence was sorely missed.

Duckie, good for you catching yourself before you broke the 300 barrier! Thanks for posting. We know your life is busy as anything right now, but we still miss you.

Susie!!! It's hard to climb on the bandwagon with your tail tucked between your legs. Just get back on and enjoy the ride. :) Thanks for sharing your goals with us. And wow, the picture of your little man just blew me away. When I first started writing here, he was a tiny babe!

As for me, Day 4 has gone well, but the temptations were high. There was the breakfast I made this morning and chocolate cake and ice cream at work. After a long, tiring day of working on the new general ledger coding (stage 1 is finished!!!) and coming home to find out there was almost a fire in the house and I was going to spend the evening cleaning up damage, I about gave it up and threw myself at some junk food. I did dishes instead and started the clean up. I'm glad I did. DH got home and helped me finish up, and it almost smells ok in here now. After all that, my daughter came home from a youth activity at church with plates full of homemade pizza. You know, I'm thinking of just going to bed now before anything else tempting comes my way. Yes, I'm whining! Still, I made it through the day, and I'm OP!

Lucky, interesting point to make on the simple foods. Now that you mention it, I tend to gorge when there are lots of flavors as well. Wonder if it is because it is harder to enjoy them than a single one at a time?

Kat, you are so good about getting to the gym. I remember being too much of a wimp to try a Body Pump class after it was described to me. I'm totally impressed with you!

Barb, glad the doctor's appt. went so well. Hope the new dose of meds does it for you. Also sending you massive kudos for turning down that cookie. Tough choice and great decision! :)

Mary, I love online shopping. Did you manage to stay awake at work?

Terri, Eureka Springs sounds wonderful! I'm glad you had such a good time. I'll never get why men have to try and ruin something so good with dumb comments right afterwards.

Thin, have to get some congrats in to you! Nice loss for a single week, woman! :bravo:

It isn't that late, but I really am that tired. Hope I didn't miss too many of you. Know you are all in my thoughts throughout the day, and even when I'm not replying directly, I can hear your sage advice guiding me. *HUGS*

Andria

thinthinker
11-05-2003, 12:19 AM
DO NOT POST HERE! GO TO "300+ And Ready To Try Again....#436"

God Bless America!