South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 06:33 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Monday, November 3

Good Monday morning! I hope it's warm and sunny on your part of the Beach because it's exactly the opposite here in the wilderness of the Great White North! I think Ellis must have just hung out her laundry again - the best rinsed laundry in the Nation's Capital!

I seem to have shaken off my "intestinal unease" and am raring to go this morning. Gail comes to clean and I think we'll give her a break. I'll take Harry and the Girls for a drive to Brockville to do a wee shop for dog food and other exciting stuff. That will keep her from having to shift the crew as she moves from room to room.

Wonder of wonders! I managed to eat OP at the dinner after the AGM yesterday afternoon - beef, cole slaw and pickles. I resisted the pecan pies which were made by Kay Dean the champion butter tart baker. I did indulge in a vodka and diet tonic to toast the new Fair Executive. I was toasting mainly because I'm no longer Executive, just a lowly Director.

Today I absolutely must order firewood as there seems to be a shortage around here. I think those darn city folks are buying it up! I do have a big electric heater that would warm up the back room but it's a pig for power and electricity rates are going to rise this year.

I'm outta here to check the rest of the boards for spammers and obscenities. Not much excitement these days.

Happy Monday on The Beach!
Old 11-03-2003, 06:47 AM   #2  

wow! Spammers and obscenities?? What an exciting job! Up early this morning...just couldn't sleep...to many things running threw my head. Hopefully I will get some sewing done today. Just finished one quilt and working on another...Girls are fed...now I need to feed me!! Laters!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whimsey, I need to brain-pick from you on quilting! I have lots of old embroidered white and cream linens and crocheted lace. I am getting the urge to make a really girlie-girlie quilt! Hmmmm.
Old 11-03-2003, 07:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, I took my bedding off the line LAST week! (and boy, did it smell good from hanging there in the rain for two weeks!)
Good idea getting out of the house. You'll come home and it'll be like some fairy came along and cleaned house.
Good staying OP, hon!!

Whimsey, stay busy, sweetie. Thinking about you... love and hugs...

I'm on my fourth day of Phase I (again) and I'm doing GREAT! I think I may have lost two pounds already. Finally I'm going back down...

Have a happy day, all!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:33 AM   #5  
Mous

I took my bedding off yesterday too. Must be something in the air!
Love that smell.....needs to be bottled.

YIPPIE!! I am down 2 pounds. I am in the 40's for the first time in 18 years!!

WOO HOO for all the losers....you know who you are.

Aw quilting......if only. Can't sew, but love to hear about people that do.

Have a nice day everyone.

Marcie
Old 11-03-2003, 07:43 AM   #6  
Imagine...

Morning Girls

I ate like a truck driver this weekend. Oh well such is life. Back on track today!! Nothing much going on here back to work full time, yuck. Although the weather is BEAUTIFUL high 60F.

Got lost of exercise this weekend in the form of yard work. and TA-DA I cooked a turkey breast that was quite yummy.

Have a sparkling day
Old 11-03-2003, 07:43 AM   #7  

Marcie, congratulations on the weight loss! That is wonderful news!!
Old 11-03-2003, 07:56 AM   #8  
Imagine...

Ellis & Marcie
Old 11-03-2003, 08:38 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning! Gorgeous weather here today, 80 and clear sky .

Franny~~I don't know how I missed your post about The Beach Beauty Bingo??? I just applied so I hope you will be able to approve me. The headless horseman costume was FANTASTIC!

Ruth ~~Well done at you banquet!!!

Ellis~~Day 4 and 2 pounds...Way to go on getting back on track. I knew you could do it. Now it's my turn

Marcie~~~Congratulations on hitting the 40's.

have a great day all
Old 11-03-2003, 08:46 AM   #10  

WOW Ruth!! You could make one of those Victorian Crazy quilts! How fun that would be!!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:04 AM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-WAY TO GO on staying OP!!! (AND WTG on not being Fair Executive any more!! I know how much work that was for you!!!)

Whimsey-Sorry you didn't sleep well. Good for YOU though for keeping busy!!!

Ellis-YAY!!!! WE ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME!!!! I went and got my workout in after dropping DS off at school!!!

Marcie-I can't sew either! CONGRATULATIONS on the weight loss!!! WTG!!!!!

Sflake-Wet and COLD here!! Wish I could go back to bed!!!

Sil-Hope you post pictures!!!!

Hoping to get my med situation straightened out tomorrow. I'm sick of feeling sp tired all the time!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 09:18 AM   #12  

Oh my gosh, Den. I am SO happy for you!
You're going to feel GREAT for the rest of the day! Just remember that feeling on the mornings when you think, "I'm not exercising today! I'm going back to bed, damnit!"
Old 11-03-2003, 10:06 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Den~~I am sooo proud of you, girl!

Ellis~~I just had a chance to catch up on the weekend chats and read about your Dad. I have been wondering how he is getting along since his bypass~so sorry to hear that he is having difficulty. But I am certain that he will be walking about his garden very soon.

Oh, Ellis...I noticed that your picture album at the MSN site is EMPTY. Come on now, show the other ladies how beautiful you are
Old 11-03-2003, 10:08 AM   #14  
Work in Progress

The fires are responding much better with the cold and moist weather...the winds have quieted and people have been allowed to go home. One of the stores here have lifted their picket line to thank the people for honoring the strike and to help out with the mood here, I am grateful, am going tomorrow night and stocking up on my waters and stuff that I can't get other places...

I have been on a mock phase 1/low carb induction thing.l...I don't have much of a appetite, but that is probably stress, I did an ad that needs to go to print later today and then the content for my new website, which I will post when it is done..

ellis and marci....congrats on the loss
ruth, sounds like you did marvelous, we can't stop living and sometimes a cocktail is better than a sweet!!

whimsey--try and rest if you can today,your sleep will be off for a bit most likely...

Den take careof yourself!!!!!and have a great day to everyone else...
Old 11-03-2003, 12:51 PM   #15  

Good Afternoon Ladies! It is very cold and snowing again...Oh well, I have a supply of firewood so I can go home and light the fireplace and relax!

I did not do very good this weekend, but I am back on track today! I think I have lost some weight since starting on SB - my clothes are fitting a little better.....the main thing is I am feeling better. I wish I would have not screwed up this weekend - I sure can feel it today!

Have a great day!!!
Closed Thread