Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 05:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Angry Stay At Home Mom's #97

Welcome to a thread full of laughter and support. Join us as we raise a family, try to maintain a household and lose weight. Feel free to join us all newcomers and regular posters. Hope to see you posting often.

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 09:31 PM   #2  

So quiet here tonight hope everyone is enjoying an evening with their families. I'm just about to get into the bed. Just wanted to post tonight because I have a busy day tomorrow.
Ginny I don't know if I will ever slow down! Thanks for the advice tho
Tomorrow is my busy Monday... as usual. Story hour in the am then I have to run errands for the buisness, mail some packages, and off to the city to pick out my new vaccum!!! I can't wait. Funny how excited I am getting over a sweeper. All my floors are hard wood tho and I'm so tired of the broom. It doesn't get nearly enough of the dust up. My girls are going along all day so it will be a very full day.
I was wondering too, what kind of advice does WW give for when you are craving something and nothing seems to satisfy you? I have this problem alot (even when I'm not prego) and consume way to many calories trying to satisfy it.
Well hope you all have a great night an a great Monday!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Misty I don't think many saw that you started a new thread.. there were still quite a few posts after yours.
But anyway, thanks everyone for the sweet comments on my pics. And the highlighting kit I used was that herbal essence one with the neat little comb. It was extremely easy to use. I will be using it again in the future.
Candy and Lynne, welcome! I am Spryng. Mother of 3. Ava who is 3, Bubba (aka joseph) is 2 and Tanner who is 4 months old. I've been married for 5 years now and now he is a OTR driver so I only see him every two weeks. But I'm adapting to it ok. I'm doing weight watchers and loving it. But as you'll see many of us are on different plans and having great success right now. What plans are you on? I hope to get to know you better soon!
Ginny I don't know how you managed it but you still haven't told us how your WI went last wednesday. What was the meeting about?? I'm still dying to know. lol.
Well I can't remember what all the other posts said in the last thread... so I guess I'll tell you how my weekend went.
It was great! Yesterday DH and I went to kansas city and went to a huge outlet mall and I bought a new duvet cover for my feather comforter (btw, I LOVE that feather bed and comforter. Dh liked it so much he's begging me to buy one for his truck! lol) We mostly just walked around and talked. Then we went to the macaroni grill and ate dinner which was really nice. ( I had a tasty veg. pasta dish) so it was a nice day.. it just ended too quickly. I usually do fine when he leaves but I cried when he left out today. I just miss him already.
But anyway, it was a good weekend but now I am ready to begin my week. I hope everyong else had a nice weekend! gotta get off here now! TTYL!
Old 11-03-2003, 11:08 AM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!
Gee, it seems like everytime I check in to this site, something else has changed! Is it just me~ the print is much bigger today.
Thankfully, it is Monday. Not wanting to wish away my weekends, but at least while the gang is in school I get a bit of time to myself and some quiet......ah, I needed that.

Michele- thanks for starting the new thread. When I posted last nite, in haste I might add, I made a mental note to start a new thread this am. You beat me to it!!!!!!!! As far as cravings go~are you sure that it is really hunger???? Try something to break the cycle/change your mind and see if that works. Maybe soothing or energizing music, take a walk or get some fresh air, allow yourself 15 minutes to work on a special project/hobby, dance, read.......what pleases you and works for you might be very different than what works for me, so I can't get specific. Another idea to try is find something a small treat that is low in points/calories and make that a special treat for those times. One thing that works for me is a really nice flavored coffee(which I will not usually make for myself), or reduced calorie hot chocolate or a flavored tea (Celestial Seasonings makes some wonderful dessert teas that are calorie free). I break that stuff out when I need a treat. WW recommends having something like that available for you at home- pre portioned so that you are not tempted to eat a whole batch of cookies........ (as I would!). But their first suggestion is to break the mood and determine if you are really dealing with hunger or an emotional issue/boredom. WW whole deal is portion control, portion control and portion control. And to be mentally prepared for those times when you will be challenged and have a backup plan. I hope I have helped some.

Spryng- I made it to most of my meeting last week, left a few minutes early. Bummer, I regained the lousy 0.6# which bugs me a bit, but then I am retaining water too. The meeting was about "Don' be a Doormat!". In short, we are all going to face some well meaning person who approaches us this holiday season and hands us our favorite dessert/high calorie dish that he/she prepared just for us~ with lots of love too!!! But we are not to be doormats.......and we all know of some who are out to sabotague our weight loss plans. The discussion was a hoot... Laura (our group leader) got into some roll playing, using as her prop a box of 2 Points bars. She got one member to come up and Laura pretended that she was giving the box to her- that she had just prepared the dish and it was her favorite (and loaded with points). Of course, the other lady was polite, and you could see her resolve crumble as Laura got more and more enthusiastic about the food gift. A very typical scenerio. The second scene of the roll playing, Laura got Lynn up (Lynn also works for WW and maintains member records and materials etc...). The same scene was played out with Lynn as the recipient. What a hoot when Laura handed Lynn the box of bars- Lynn beamed "Oh, my favorite treat, thanks lets share them!!" and she opened the box and literally handed out the bars to some of us!!!! It even floored Laura, who does not easily get here feathers ruffled. But a valuable lesson learned. Accept the gift and get rid of it!! Share the food item, give it away...something like that. Sorry that Dh's departure was stressful for you this time. It sounds like you had a really nice day with Dh......just the time alone is something wonderful to cherish. One really good thing about this job (besides the paycheck!). It is ensureing that you and Dh get out and really spend some quality time with each other, which is a wonderful thing. You both probably appreciate the time that you do have more now.

Have I babbled enough???????? I did get out for that walk this am. Don't know if I am going to WW this week, it is another busy week and it all depends on how tomorrow goes. (lots to do).
On that happy note........I have to go make the beds. Have a great day!
Ginny

WW tip #1. Start the day with one 8oz glass of water before breakfast. It helps to get you on the right track for the day.
Old 11-03-2003, 11:35 AM   #5  

Ginny what great idea to start the WW tips!! I actually just started that one today. I have not been drinking enough water so I figure if I can get in a glass or two as soon as I get up then that will give me a head start. I'm also cutting way back on my diet sodas. I wasn't even drinking 4 glasses of water a day because of having so much soda. So today my resolve it 1 can of soda only if I get in all 8 glasses of water first. ButI want to evenutally cut of soda completely except for dinner's out or something special.
Sorry to hear you gained a little. I think my next WI will show a gain too. I'm getting close to TOM again... so my scale will be going up . I also haven't been exercising much and I need to get that going again. So tonight I am hoping to get in at least 20 min but since I am running on empty today (stayed up too late and got up WAAAAYYY too early) I may crash as soon as the kids go to bed tonight. But I'm going to try.
Well, guess I'll get off here. I need to clean my house but I'm too tired. maybe after nap time I'll feel more refreshed to get things done. Ok, TTYL!
Old 11-03-2003, 12:55 PM   #6  
burned out bus driver

Hi Spryng!
I have this booklet from WW that was given out last spring, with a world of great tips, 102 of them to be exact. I thought so many of us on WW it might be a good idea to post one a day. Hope you get the house cleaned up a bit and feel a bit more refreshed.....Monday's are tough, aren't they?
See ya later.
Ginny
Old 11-03-2003, 01:03 PM   #7  
hangin' in there...

Hey gang.............

Geesh, our little thread was practically dead at the end of last week. Now, this afternoon, it's taken me a while to get caught up from the weekend! Welcome to the newbies....... hope to "see" more of you. And speaking of seeing...... Spryng, love the pics!

Ginny, sorry about your gain. You will get it right back off, though, I know.

Michele, your posts are making ME tired! Slow down, girl!

Karen, congrats on less body fat!

Sorry if I am missing anyone....... it's hard for my feeble little braincels to remember all that I just read!

I had a great/super busy weekend. Friday night's trick-or-treat was great..... we enjoyed some unseasonable warm weather. Saturday was full of soccer fectivities and hockey practice. And Sunday morn was ds's first hockey game (he scored 2 goals! ) and then young ds's birthday celebration. It was busy, but fun.

And, I am happy to report another 2lb loss this week. That brings me to just 2lbs within my Thanksgiving goal. So, Ginny, I think I will up it to 5lbs and join you in your challenge.

K, gotta get some work done around here.... hope everyone is well.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:26 PM   #8  

Default New here

Hello, I am new here. I am 24 and the mother of 4 boys. Austin is 7, Eric is almost 6, Mathew is almost 4 and Christian is 15 months old. I have been a stay at home mom for a little over a year now. I started going to school full time after my husband gets home from work, so we lead a pretty busy life. I find that it is hard to stick with a diet when I have to eat something that I can't feed the family. So starting today I am just measuring out my portions and trying to keep it at around 1200 a day. I am currently at my highest weight of 225. My goal is to be 145 by June 20, 2004. That is a little more than 2 lbs per week. I have also started going to the gym VERY early in the morning and want to do that at least 5 days a week. I came up with a point system to reward myself for doing good.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:49 PM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Welcome tlwrinkles!! You have found a very great place for support and motivation!! I am Karen, SAHM of 2 children (ages 7 and 5)! DH was born and raised in Arizona (Phoenix) but we live in WA state now! DH's Grand mother is now in Flagstaff! We get down there once in a while.. Hopefully again in 2004!

Well, I just got back from the gym. My arms are really sore today and I am not sure why! No weight loss to report, but then again I lost a pound between Monday and friday last week, so I wasnt really expecting any more this weekend. I usually lose in the first 5 days of the week and then hold for the next couple of days!

Ginny - .6 insnt much really, and if you are retaining water.. I bet you will get that off and more this week! I find that when I retain water if I add an extra 4 glasses of water to what I normally drink, it helps to flush it out!

Spryng - If DH was home, no wonder you didnt get excersise in! I wouldnt want to lose any time to spend with him either!!!

WOO HOO Jen! Great job on the loss! You had warm weather for Halloween? It was 25 here at 6pm when we took the kids out... that is unseasonably COOL for us! Infact we had hardly any trick or treaters this year and I know it is because of the weather!

Well, Gotta run and pick up DD and her best friend from school.. see ya later!
Old 11-03-2003, 02:05 PM   #10  

Welcome tlwrinkles! I am Spryng, 23 (we are very close in age) and have 3 kids, Ava 3, bubba 2, and tanner 4 months. portion control is a great way to start weightloss. I hope to see you here as often as possible!
Jen congrats on the loss! And I will join you and Ginny for that 5 lbs challenge. When is thanksgiving this year? But count me in!!
Karen, glad you got a good workout in.
Well, my FIL was just admitted to the hospital today. He has been having a hard time breathing. He has fluid built up on his lungs, pneumonia, and they ran some tests on his heart and it must have been bad because they are transferring him to another hospital that specializes in hearts. So he is on his way there right now. So I am just sitting here waiting to be updated. I am hoping it's nothing serious. But I have a bad feeling about it...
Well I have to get off here. It's almost nap time and I'm so tired. TTYL!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:33 PM   #11  
Movin' to the Country!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am extremely new to the whole message board thingy and am having a bit of hard time. Why do you start new threads and what does DH stand for (I'm guessing something husband). Anyways, I am looking to lose 20 pounds by March 1st and another 15 pounds after that. I have a 2 year old daughter, Kylie and a 4 year old son, Sean. I have been married 8 years in December to a gorgeous hunk of a man! LOL (I figured that one out!) Anyways, I am blonde, so please bear with me. Looking forward to all the encouragement I can get. Also, I would like a little insight into the world of 3 children. I am hesitantly considering another one in a year or 2.
Old 11-03-2003, 04:36 PM   #12  

Default Thanks

Thank you all for the great welcome. It always helps to know that you're not alone!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:42 PM   #13  

Hi again Candy! We start a new thread when the other one gets to be several pages. But someone always lets us know so we aren't left behind. lol (laughing out loud). And yes, DH means dear husband, DS means dear son, DD means dear daughter, etc. I think you'll figure it all out pretty quick. OP means on plan. You'll see that one alot too.
Insight into 3 kids huh? Well just having my 3rd baby I'm probably not too experianced yet to tell you anything. But I know my 3rd was planned. My first two are 11 months apart so they seemed very easy to care for when they were little but having Tanner, well, it was very difficult at first. My DH had back surgery when I was 34 weeks along and he was still recovering after Tanner was born so I had him home to help me 24 hours a day for 6 weeks after Tanner was born. That was a huge help. But going anywhere with two toddlers and a baby seemed overwhelming at times but it all eventually fell into place and now it feels like Tanner has always been here too. My DH is gone alot so I have all three of them to myself now, but we have a pretty good schedule going and make do just fine. But I say that if you want another baby, then go for it!!! families are meant to grow and be loved. So if you have room for growth then that is great! And since your kids are nicely spaced having a 3rd baby would probably be alot easier for you.
Well, I'm having that spaghetti squash for dinner tonight but I haven't figured out what to have with it. Since it is a vegetable maybe I'll have a starch with it?? Hmm.... don't know. Any suggestions? When those of you who eat this make it with butter and garlic, do you have it as a main course or side? Maybe I'll roast some chicken and have the squash as a side with it. What do you all think?
TTYL!
Old 11-03-2003, 04:51 PM   #14  

As a mother of 4 I can tell you it has it's ups and downs. It is great to see the older kids get excited and help out. And they can entertain the younger ones if you need a minute. It is always an adventure if I have to go to the store with all 4. I usually try and get everything done while they are at school. My DH helps out as much as he can, which helps also.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:11 PM   #15  

HI! I'm just peeping in... so busy today and still tons to accomplish. BTW I LOVE my new sweeper! Welcome Candy and Tlwrinkes. Hope to see you posting often.
Closed Thread