Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 01:25 PM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Kid Chat Week Of 11/2/03

Great pics Karen!!! LOL at Lauren!! Alex is the camera ham!!!!I am gonna have to fix a few of the queen and post them!!
She has been sick with the sinus, cough and fever...Poor baby gets soo frustrated coughing all night and being tired then having mom suck your nostrils so U can take fluids is a bummer also...

DH and I are talking baby again...We will decide and act by March or I will get my tubes tied..I want another, dont want another, would love another, could the marriage survive 4 kids, can we afford 4 kids, my clock is ticking and almost at 12:00 etc etc..I have been such a mental case the last few days.....It is tough with ours making #3 that I dont know..What would we do with a "sick" baby if God gives us one..etc etc..I love Kaylee soo much, do I have enough love for another??? 3 kids in diapers
Well..she is napping and I am resting soo I will go get a pic or 2 to post!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 11-02-2003 at 01:31 PM.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:41 PM   #2  

Have to add some pics for the new week!!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 01:43 PM   #3  

She is learning to feed herself with a spoon!!!!They are growing up so fast..She is at the funniest age..loves to chit chat and makes me laugh!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 09:09 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Great pics RR, Kaylee has the cutest expressions!! Sounds like you've got a lot of decision making to do!! Pray about it, I'm sure you'll both come to the right decision for you!

We went to my SIL's sister's house in upstate NY today for a b-day party for my nephew and one of her kids. It was a nice time...soo many kids around. The sister has 9 kids ranging from 18-1, plus my niece and nephew and my niece's friend, and Peter.

I think Peter's got an ear infection, just because he's still sick with this cold, and the way he's acting and flicking his ear occasionally. I'm gonna call the Ped. tomorrow AM.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:20 AM   #5  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Alex slept from 7:30 to 6!!!!!! I put him down at 8 and had to go in a couple of times to rock him again and once at 12 to give him his paci but that was it!! I got some good sleep last night and now I am a new person!! The only problem is the engorgement. Whew, that part is rough.

RR: I don't think you have to worry about the love part!! Of course you have enough love to go around. Pray about it if that is a part of your life and I'm sure you will make the right decision. If you do have another one I think they will be a lucky little kid. Those are some awesome pictures of Kaylee. She is getting so big. Using a spoon, wow!! We are still working on opening the mouth so mommy can get the spoon in!!

Lauren: I hope Peter is feeling better. Sounds like you had a good time at the BD party. I have a pic from the Halloween Party but Peter is looking away from the camera. Do you want me to post it?? I didn't want to post it without your permission.

Have a great day.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:02 AM   #6  
LBH

Karen, sure post it!

We had a good night. Peter fell asleep in the car on the way home, around 7, and woke up and nursed a little then went right back to sleep. He stirred a couple times before we went to bed, but just to be corked. He slept straight through to 4:30! I tried just cuddling him a minute, but he wanted to nurse, so we did, and he went right back to sleep until 6:40. He's been up since...just about to go down for a nap.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:46 PM   #7  

Well..day 3 of fever so we saw the Pedi today...Left ear infection and ulcers in her throat and tongue..Hmmm..now I understand her eating only baby oatmeal and formula...Back on ear drops, Z-pack and pediatex...Poor baby...And always happy..
Off to sleep..DH is starting hockey tonight...
Later!!!
V
Old 11-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #8  

Hi guys,

Here is a pic from Lauren's Halloween party. Petey is the short guy in red. Unfortunately he is facing away from the camera and in someone elses arms!!

I'm having way too much fun with this web page...here are some more:

bathtime:

playing in his saucer. How can you not wanna pick that guy up?:

OK, that's enough for now .

Lauren: Are things going well with sleep for you? Alex is already in bed (it's 9). He was sleepy at 6 but I kept him up until 7:30. He has to be rocked three or four times before he stays. (We are on the third time now so maybe he will stay down).

RR: Yikes, sure hope she is feeling better soon. Poor baby is sick so much. I hope she outgrows it. That is such a cute pic of her.

Last edited by KarenK; 11-03-2003 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-03-2003, 09:45 PM   #9  
LBH

Karen, those pics of Alex are precious!! The one of us I look horrendous in!! If that's not an awakening, I don't know what is!!

RR, I think that's one of the most precious pics I've ever seen of Kaylee!!

Karen, last night was a good night, but he's slowly getting better. I'm trying a method from an article DH printed out from Babycenter about a woman who went to a sleep therapist for her 15 mo. old. Basically you stay and reassure him until he's asleep or almost asleep, then leave the room. If he wakes up crying right away, go right back in and do it again...either snuggle for a minute or just lay him down again and rub his back and say quiet things like "It's alright", or "go to sleep". Seems to be working. I don't have to nurse him every time he wakes up, usually if he wakes up later though, like 4:30 this AM, he won't go back to sleep without booby. The therapist told her he'd be sleeping within a week and he was. I've been doing it for a week, but I can't stay awake and listen to him whine and cry ifI don't give him booby at all. I usually give in after 10 minutes of whining and clinging! I don't have the patience when I'm exhausted.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:56 PM   #10  

Hi guys,

I'm tired tonight I can't wait for bedtime!! Little Guy is already in bed so I'll be heading that way shortly.

Lauren: Congrats on the job!! I'm so happy for you. You said you can go see Petey at lunch right? That's awesome. It's good to be close to home.

I'm having to grow a tolerance bone for the other kids being rough with Alex. Today one of the other boys came up and ripped a toy out of his hands and another little boy was leaning back on a couch and trying to push him over with both feet. I just very calmly suggested that maybe he shouldn't try to push the baby over and removed his feet. Ugh. My mommy instincts were really kicking.

OK, gotta go. Hope you all had a great day.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:08 PM   #11  
LBH

Karen, where are the other parents when this is happening?! Argh, that annoys me when people don't disipline their kids...
Old 11-07-2003, 11:29 PM   #12  

Hi guys,

Alex has been in bed since 8 and I haven't had to go in once yet. (dancing around). I think he has telepathy though. Yest morning when he woke me up I looked at the clock and thought it said 6:50. So I went and got him, got back in bed and kept waiting for DH's alarm to go off and it didn't. I looked at the clock: 6:29. Hmm, so now I'm seeing things. This AM he wakes up I look at the clock and think it says 6 something. Go get him, come back, look at the clock and it says 2 something. Ugh. I already had him so I just put him in bed with us. He kicked and kicked and kicked and then he nursed/popped off over and over until I was just about beside myself. I finally put him back in his bed at 4:45. He slept then until almost 7.

How is everyone?? Hope great.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:31 AM   #13  
LBH

Hey!

Things have not been good around here. Peter's not sleeping for crap. DH & I are miserable and having a really hard time keeping our cool with him and each other. Peter's still sick, although I think his cough is slightly better. We were at the Drs. the other day because he lost his balance while standing in front of the TV and whacked his head on the entertainment center. Got himself right between the eyes, big black and blue. He's fine, stopped crying as soon as I took a teether out of the freezer, and put it in his mouth. They said he was fine, no broken nose or anything, and his chest and ears are clear, so unless he gets worse in the next 6 weeks, don't bother bringing him back. I will shoot myself if he's still sick for another 6 wks.!! The Dr. had a ball with him though, she hasn't seen him since he was born and in the hospital with Jaundice! She was like, is he always this happy?! I laughed and asked if she wanted to come home and be a fly on my wall!!

He's not eating anything I give him, unless it's cereal and applesauce. The other night, I forced him to drink a bottle of formula/milk because he barely touched his lunch and refused dinner after the first two bites, didn't want booby, and was just plain miserable! I sat on the sofa with him and held the bottle in his mouth til he decided to stop chewing it and suck! Then one night he woke up at midnight and wouldn't go back to sleep regardless of cuddling, crying, nothing, until 3AM!!

So anyway, as excited as I am about starting work, I'm worried that this new trend is gonna have me exhausted!
Old 11-08-2003, 10:43 PM   #14  

Hi guys,

Alex is having a yucky allergy today. Poor thing is sneezing, his nose is running, his eyes are watering and he's drooling excessively secondary to his tooth. His whole face is staying wet. His nose was stuffy so I gave him some decongestant so that is making his nose runny. I'm not sure if I'm helping him or hurting him!!

Lauren: I'm sorry that Peter isn't sleeping well. Maybe once you go back to work and he gets on a regular schedule it will help. I hope he feels better soon.

RR: How are things with you? Well, I hope.

Here is a pic of Alex in his snowsuit, we were going out to see the lunar eclipse and it's COLD out there!!
Closed Thread