Weight Loss Support - Weighty Issues #9

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #9

melekalikimaka
11-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the November edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did! :cheers:

melekalikimaka
11-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Good morning everyone. I logged-on and was revving up for a new month and thus, started the new thread.

So are we suffering the after-effects of a candy overload? Or maybe a night of Halloween partying? (Kempy, we want pics!)
Hope all of you had your fun and now it's back to business! :drill: Any ideas for a November challenge? Any tips for getting through the next slew of holiday food madness? My goals for this month are to maintain what I've lost so far. I will be on a 10-day trip leaving next Saturday and frankly, I don't know what kind of exercise I'll be getting in. I know I'll be doing a lot of walking but it's the stop-and-shop-till-you-drop variety :lol:. The Thai people don't eat very large portions so as long as I eat in their style, I shouldn't have a problem. Any loss this month will be wonderful.

I am totally AMAZED at myself today for 2 reasons:
#1) I only had 1 piece of candy yesterday--a mini york peppermint patty and
#2) at my WW weigh-in this morning I was down -3.4 lbs :dancer: . I can not tell you how happy I am this morning. I think this positive mood can carry me through any rough spots this weekend. I am woman, hear me ROAR!!!

Hope everyone else has a great weekend!

jbbm
11-01-2003, 04:03 PM
Noelle you are AWESOME!!!! Gosh you are doing so great. Are you eating alot of fruits and vegetables daily? Come on tell us what you are doing!!!! Great job sticking to one piece of candy yesterday. Boy am I going to miss you when you are on your trip. You are doing so well its so great hearing about it.

Angie how did your daughters dance go?

Kempy can't wait to hear about the party!

Hello everyone else. Hope everyone has a fun weekend. Julie

angieME
11-02-2003, 10:59 AM
Well, I finally get a minute to post.

Cherie, Your girls are beautiful.

Noelle, WAY TO GO!!! Thanks for starting the new thread.

Jacks, Dont feel too bad about the candy, if you saw all the crap I have eaten in the past week you would die. :lol:

Julie, yeah, I caved to the Halloween temptation and everything else. Brit's dance was fun for her. Alicia went trick or treating as a goth girl again. She looks so damn cute as a goth girl. We put black streakes in her hair and Brit has fake belly button rings so we put one in her lip and one in her nose and everybody thought they were real. :lol:

We decided that yesterday since it was in the 70's(?????) we might want to do something fun because more than likely that really WAS the last good day of the year so we got in the car and drove 2 1/2 hours to Old Orchard Beach. (yet again another place in Maine that I have never been too) It is beautiful there. 7 miles of sandy beach, a boardwalk,an amusement park and tons of shops. Everything was boarded up and closed because the tourist season is done but that is the way I would like it. I hate crowds. We walked about 4 miles of the beach and picked up a bunch of sanddollars(the only thing we couldnt find anywhere else) It was a very fun day. I didnt get any chores done around the house but we had fun.

Okay, I learned last week that I dont take well to the scales going up for no reason and I will react out of spite and eat myself into a frenzy. I swear to god I am bloated up 10 pounds from 141. How is that possible I do not know but I vow today to start a healthier way of eating for at least the next 2 months until my trip. So my goal for this month is to eat healthy and hope the rest all falls into place.(ps: I still have exercised everyday even though no fruits or veggies have touched my lips in 2 weeks so that is my small success).

angieME
11-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Good Morning. I did well all day yesterday dietwise and then last night I raided the kids candy. But all in all it was still a better day then I have had in a week. Today the candy is all bagged up and Jay is going to drop it in my dads car at the mill.

Kempy, How was your party? Did you dress up the dogs? I wont even ask about the cats because I know they wouldnt allow it. :lol: I used to dress my cats up in the kids baby clothes. :lol:

I didnt get in a walk this morning so now I am trying to talk myself into getting on my elliptical.

Noelle, wow you are leaving Saturday? How can you control yourself. I would be so excited I wouldnt get anything done this week. :lol: I hope you have fun.

angieME
11-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Well, I just worked out for 1/2 an hour inside. It started to sprinkle outside after I was done. Where is everyone today?

jbbm
11-03-2003, 12:01 PM
Goodmorning girls

It was kind of slow around here the last several days. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. I am totally wanting to get back on track this weekend after way to much eating. Last night I baked spiced pumpkin bread and broke down and had some. Its one of those things you just have to have.

Great job Angie on working out this a.m. I need to get going on that myself.

PhotogirlTX
11-03-2003, 02:03 PM
I hate Mondays.... well, not really, but I am going to make this a good Monday. One good thing I am thankful for is:

THE WEEKEND IS OVER!!!! Halloween is over, yes, I gorged myself on candy... but that is over too. This morning, I've started back on track. I have eaten healthy, and been drinking my water, and I am ready to go run after work.

Today is my payroll Monday, so I've been very busy trying to get all that together. Tomorrow, I have another payroll running, so I may be scarce tomorrow as well.

I am up 4 pounds from two weeks ago. Today I my TOM started, so because of both of those things.. I am getting my butt back on track.

Three weeks til Alan comes back to town, so my goal this month is to get past those 4 pounds I have regained... add three more to lose, and the MAINTAIN THAT through the Thanksgiving holiday.

Tomorrow is my daughter's 6th birthday, so we are going to make cookies tonight for her class, and I will probably end up making her some cup cakes for home... so she and Megan can have a treat. I don't want them. I want to be skinny! :-)

Julie.... your baking sounds delightful!!!! YUM... Pumpkin is one of my favorites, and my daughter wants me to make a pumpkin pie, even though she has never had it, she is obsessed now with me making a pie.... That is one of my favorites... so I don't need it in my house!! Hahahaha.. what to do!!! :)

Angie... sounds like you had a great weekend, glad you enjoyed yourself. I wish I could bag up the candy and send it away... but since the girls are with me I can't really do that. I can't put it in the freezer because I have no room, and I don't have a deep freeze, so I would be staring at it every day anyway.... so... I guess I am going to have to just fall back on my will power and build that back up again!

Noelle you are an inspiration!!! WTG on your loss! You are doing fantastic girlie!!! Keep it up! And Thanks for starting up the new thread!!!

I will have to go back and see the old posts.... since I was MIA all weekend, but I am here.. still working at it!!! :)

Have a great Monday!

Cherie

angieME
11-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Okay, I am so mad right now. My daughter who is 12 feels that it is okay to hit me or kick me when she feels the urge!! Today after school she tried to convince us that she would get in trouble if she rode the bus to school if the bus was late so we laughed and said we arent stupid she isnt going to get in trouble if the bus is late. (she took off on the twins this morning and our rule is they must all stay togehter to walk to school especially since some guy tried to take a 10 year old last week) Well anyways it must have pissed her off becuase she kicked me in the shin. I went to grab her and then caught myself and sent her to her room. So why are parents not allowed to spank their kids again?!!? My dad had no problem spanking us if we got out of line and I would NEVER dream of hitting my parents(I dont even swear in front of them*and I swear like a trucker*) My kids have no respect at all for us and it is so pissing me off because with every year comes they get bolder. I wrote down her punishment for kicking: She is going to bed at 7:30 every night,no phone,no going out,no walking to school. That is my little rant for the day.

Cherie, I have bloated up pretty bad myself. I cant even wear my size 8 jeans this week. YIKES!

Julie, spiced pumpkin bread sounds so good. I make pumpkin rolls in the bakery and they smell so good while they are baking.

Well, I have to squeeze in a little walk while it is still light outside.

Kempy, WHERE ARE YA??

melekalikimaka
11-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Rrrrr! I had a nice long post going on and went to submit it and then *poof* :wizard:, it was gone...I couldn't get back on the site for a while but now I'm back. I'm busy right now but just wanted to pop in and say I'm around.

Angie honey, I know what you mean! My niece (who just made 15) is the same way with my sister. She even called the cops on my sisters BF (they all live in the same house) because he grabbed her by the arm to tell her to apologize to her mother! It's unbelievable. I know that you're a good mom and think that the way you handled it was great. Make sure you enforce those punishments, even if they're not corporal. I'd want to grab 'em by the neck and start whaling on 'em. I feel for you.

I'll be back in a while...gotta get busy.

jbbm
11-03-2003, 05:01 PM
Oh Angie, sorry about the bad time with daughter. I hope it passes and she starts to respect you more. Btw are Cherie and us the only ones here today? Kinda lonely here today.

I wonder how Tonya is doing, I know her father was sick, I hope everything is okay?
I am thinking of you Tonya if you read this.

Well I have no idea what to make for dinner. I know what I would like would be a plate of all the left over chocolates, hehehe!

Julie

:)

jbbm
11-03-2003, 05:03 PM
Hi Noelle you snuck in on me! Glad to hear from you. I have been having problems at times getting on today too!

PhotogirlTX
11-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Oh Angie.... You handled it MUCH better than I would have. I grew up getting spankings and feared my mother when she got angry. I wish I could get even PART of that fear out of my girls. I admit, I do spank them, but they are still young and not big enough to "fight" back . Now that sounds really bad.... I don't whip them like I was growing up, but I do bust their bottoms at times.

You handled it well, I guess the best thing is to get her where it hurts, and if that is going to be, and having no phone, computer, tv etc, then perhaps it will work. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

Julie, a plate full of chocolate sounds great to me too.. however.. I have committed to a 21 day no chocolate challenge.. and will stick to it. I need to detox myself once again from all this sugar. Today, I have been doing well, but those nasty cravings are still there. Tonight will be a test, since it's my daughter's birthday tomorrow and we are going to make cookies for her class. Sigh... I just want to be skinny... keep saying that... I have so much more fun when I feel good about myself, instead of feeling bloated and fat. As long as I can keep that in mind, then perhaps I can stay on track this week! And This month!

Noelle.. I was having problems earlier with this site too.... was thinking my server was going to start blocking it... THANK GOODNESS that wasn't the case!!!

Ok... back to work.. I am trying to transmit my payroll.. but the darn system is going so slow!!!!

Hugs,
Cherie

angieME
11-03-2003, 06:34 PM
I am having such a hard time sticking to my diet today. I have been good but I have overindulged in the tootsie rolls. I through the rest in the trash so I dont have to look at em. :lol:

Thanks for the support guys. . I just keep saying 6 more years and she will be an adult and at least I know I did what I could to try to teach her right from wrong. My dad has this voice and it was all he ever needed for me and my sis. When he used it we knew he meant business even though he never really had to spank us that much...we just knew he would if we pushed him. I think my problem has always been not sticking to the punishment because when they calm down they are sweet so then I feel bad punishing them(stupid I know. :lol: ) I am really worried about when she gets to be like 16 because I swear, the first time she hits me in the face she will be picking herself up off the floor. :lol:

Parenting is so much fun sometimes. haha

I need to get serious about dieting here or I am going to feel bad when I go to Florida. I think I will try to stay away from the scales for the month and just try to be as good as I can.

Is Dips back yet? We miss you.

Tonya, How are you doing? We miss you too.

angieME
11-04-2003, 09:46 AM
Good Morning! Where did everybody go?

We just walked 3 miles and it is so cold outside this morning that I couldnt feel my thumb by the time we got home. :lol: They are calling for snow/freezing rain and ice tonight. YEAH!!!! Can ya feel my excitement? haha

I gotta shower and go grocery shopping. I will check back later.

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 11:13 AM
OK, I am finally here again. I have had a really busy weekend. I was going to post some pics but my computer was down all day Sunday and then yesterday were didn't get home until 7:30 and I passed out on the sofa so I didn't get a chance to post them. I did get some though so don't you guys worry I will have them on soon.

Friday was so much fun. We only ended up with about 10 people but that is ok by me. Nobody really ate anything either. So I had lots of stuff left over. I ended up throwing most of it away b/c I knew I didn't need it.

Saturday after I cleaned my nasty kitchen (the party did a number on it) we sat and talked with my sister and her friend for a few hours. They had spent the night so we hung out a little longer. Once they left Joe and I went looking for a few baskets for the raffle tickets that we sell at the event. Once we got home we both took a quick nap and then before i knew it it was time for bed.

Sunday we spent the whole day setting up for the banquet and then that night was the event. It was totally amazing. we sold a poster that was signed by Tiger Woods, David Toms was going to write a personal note to the person who got it plus whoever won the PGA tour was going to sign it too. It sold for $3500. I almost had to sit down when that happend. It was so cool that our chapter got to keep all of this money raise. By the time we took everyone's moeny and cleaned up a little it was 11:30 before we got to bed.

Monday we went to set up for the tournament registration and I helped give out the goody bags to the golfers. After lunch they started to play golf and I help pull donw the tabels and rest them up with extra items for people to buy and then I took a golf cart and headed off to find Joe. I finally found them and road along with them taking pictures and laughing at the way they were playing. They were having a ball. It really made me want to learn how to play. Joe ended up winning a prize for the shortest drive. You got to be proud of that. They had all sorts of crazxy prizes for certain things like closest to the water but not wet and closest to the cemetary but not in it. I can't wait until next year. (we found out that they are going to do this for 3 years here)

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 11:21 AM
I wanted to post that before I lost it. I would have been really mad if I had lost it.

Noelle you are leaving this Saturday? Wow, I remember when you didn't even know if yu were going to go b/c of SARS. That doens't seem like it was that long ago. I know you are going to have a blast. I wish I could go shopping with you.

Angie I hate to hear how you are being treated. I wonder if she is doing it b/c one of her friends treats their parents that way. I have been noticing that alot with kids now. I will see they in the store hitting their moms and the moms just act like nothing is wrong. My dad would have worn me out if I would have done something like that. I think you are doing the best you can and I will give you any help that I can.

Cherie I need to tell myself that too. I can be skinny....I can be skinny.....I can be skinny. I made hte mistake of getting on the scale Saturday and I was frightened by what I saw. Needless to say I have my clothes here today to workout. I have got to get the numbers going in the other direction. Otherwise I will be going shopping to buy the fat clothes that I just got rid of last year. What is really scaring me is that the fat clothes that I have now are getting to tight. That is so upsetting.

Jacks what up over there in that wonderful place you call home?

Julei are you still hanging in there? Did you eat a plate of choclate like you said you wanted? I have to admit that did sound good.

I think it is just this few of us. I guess we got left by the other gals. That is ok. They are welcome here whenever they want.

jbbm
11-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Good Tuesday Girls

Kempy I am glad you had such a good time this weekend. It sounded very busy but nice. Good job throwing out the leftover food. When I have something at my house and have leftovers I have the hardest time throwing things out, but I am getting better at that. My dad was one of those guys who always said
"Finish whats on your plate or you can't leave the table" I hate that saying. I still feel today that I have to eat every single leftover even if I am not hungry. That is so neat about the poster sold with Tiger Woods name on it. By the way I did not give in to my plate of assorted chocolate supper:lol: ! Since yesterday I have been trying to stay on track to make up for the candy on the weekend.

Angie yuck weather. We got snow flurries here yesterday and rain today. I think we need Noelle and Jacks to send us some tropical weather;) !

Cherie I hope your daughter has a great birthday today. What kind of cookies did you bake last night for her class?

Noelle are you getting ready for that trip, packing? I bet you are going to miss that little one so much!

check in later girls, Julie

melekalikimaka
11-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Happy(?) Tuesday everyone. I'm up a little early today so I'd thought I'd hop on the computer for a while. I'm being a bad mom today and letting Michael "skip" school to go on a play date :o. His best friend at school who only goes to school M-W-F has been asking me for about a month if Michael could go over to his house to play. I hope he remembers having fun today, and not the "skipping school" part--it might come back later on and bite me in the @ss. Gosh, I am up 2 lbs after this weekends BBQ splurge :eek:. Sunday was eat-a-lot day. I gotta get this bloat off before WI on Friday! Water, I need Water!!! I'm still waiting on TOM too :mad:. I was hoping (and still am) for it to be over and done with before I leave...this gain better be water retention!

Kempy your weekend sounded great (especially with that extra day in there). Glad your banquet turned out really well too. I used to play golf waaaaay back when. I got pretty good too (IMO) for only playing for a few years. Then the weight started coming back and with a gut in the way I didn't have the same swing :lol:. It is fun though and a good way to spend time with your hubby. (I actually beat Rick a couple of rounds).

Angie you're giving me shivers. Dang we're still in the 80's and I keep the ceiling fan on at night. Hey did you consider giving Brit extra chores in addition to taking away priveleges? Just a thought.

Cherie I love reading your posts and feeling your motivation to get back on track and just doing it! I'm with ya.

Julie, Chocolates? I'd love to have dinner at your house :T.

Has anyone ever watched the show "Trading Lives"? Where 2 teenagers trade lives for 4 days. They go to the other person's school, hang out with the the other person's friends, go to lessons, do their chores, live with the other person's family? It's kind of neat. I'd love to trade lives if only for 1 day with you guys. Any takers? :lol:

Hello to Jacks! How's your day going?

I've been wondering about Dips too. Hope you're doing great chickie. Have fun with the family.

Gotta run for now. Be back later.

angieME
11-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Kempy, It sounds like you had a very busy weekend. I am glad your tournament and banquet both turned out great. Your party sounded fun too. I think that is a litlle about why Brit acts like that because her best friend is the same way with her mom. Plus we arent allowed to hit them nowadays and they know it. I told her last night when I told her her punishments that if she ever kicks or hits me again then I will call the cops and they can come talk to her about assault. :lol: It is stupid I know but it did shut her up. Me and Jay were talking about it last night and when she did it I had an overwhelming urge to kick her back as hard as I could but if she bruised I would be in trouble. It is really pathetic how kids can do whatever they want to and the parents dont have any rights to make them mind.

I started my period today so hopefully my cravings will stay away. I made Jay lay in bed with me last night to watch tv so I couldnt snack. My jeans are so tight right now that my stomach hurts to wear them but I plan on wearing them the whole day to remind me of why I cant eat junkfood.

Julie, this weather is so bad. It actually has gotten colder out since our walk this morning. I am not made for winter. :lol: We need to just move to Hawaii.(make it easy on ourselves. haha)

Cherie, Wiah your daughter a happy birthday for me.

melekalikimaka
11-04-2003, 02:38 PM
Angie, you and me--right on schedule :lol:. I'm so relieved, now I can enjoy my vacation.

I just got back from dropping Michael at his friend's house. These people live in THE neighborhood which Rick and I were looking at. They have the house with the floorplan WE liked with a golf course view...and got a great price and interest rate when they bought 2 months ago...oh how I hate that woman :lol:. Just kidding. I'm just a little green with envy. Did I mention she's a SAHM? Grrrrrr!

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 04:26 PM
Noelle what is SAHM? Maybe I just missed it but I am having a hillbilly moment. DUH!

melekalikimaka
11-04-2003, 04:35 PM
Kempy, no hillbilly moments here. SAHM is "stay at home mom". Believe me, I saw that term around the boards when I first started posting and thought WTF is that? :lol:

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 05:14 PM
I AM SO BORED!!! I hate feeling like this. I was so busy over the weekend I feel like I am being otrtured here with it being so slow. I have nothing to do. This may sound weird but I am so bored I feel like I am getting stupid. Maybe I need to check out a site with some informative stuff on it. i really don't like being this way but when there is no one in here I can't help but feel it. I become very unmotivate when it is like this. Feel free to pass along a few sites that you think are interesting so I can keep my brain running.

OK I feel better now that I have told you all that I am bored. :)

angieME
11-04-2003, 05:30 PM
Has anyone ever been to Discovery Cove? I would like to do it but I am not sure how comfy I would be prancing around in tight scuba gear. :lol: The websight makes it look like fun.

melekalikimaka
11-04-2003, 05:31 PM
You might have already seen these but I had fun playing with them:

http://www.calorieking.com/createameal/?menu=4
http://www.calorieking.com/createameal/?menu=3
http://www.calorieking.com/createameal/?menu=2

or if you're into designer "inspired" handbags...
www.unrealbags.com

just a small sampling of what I will be buying in BKK for $30 or less! :goodvibes: can't wait can't wait can't wait

jbbm
11-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Noelle I just love the unreal bags website. There are so many cute purses on it!

Angie is Discovery Cove the place you swim with the fish, right? I think I saw it on tv and it looked really neat.

Well I better get supper started, you guys are probally sick of me saying "I am making chili":lol: . I love it and probally eat it way to much. Check in later girls. Julie

angieME
11-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Yeah it is. We can get in and not pay to swim with the dolphins but we can still swim with the stingrays. It costs 129 per person but they give you a free ticket to Sea World(costs 52.00 per person) and lunch and you can feed the birds and all kinds of neat stuff. Brittany has $100.00 saved for Florida so she is going to pay the extra $100.00 so she can swim with the dolphins whilew we watch her.

I made spaghetti with lots of veggies in the sauce tonight. I will probably eat it tomorrow night too since my sis is having her cysts removed from her ovaries so we will have to go visit her in the hospital after surgery.

melekalikimaka
11-04-2003, 08:00 PM
Angie swimming with dolphins and/or stingrays would scare the cr@p out of me! Besides, i can't swim :^: . I would love to watch though. I think since you're going all the way there you might as well go for it. Forget about what you THINK people are thinking about you...do it for YOU and ENJOY! Besides, we're always our own harshest critic--I've seen pics of you and I think you're just perfect. Love the skin you're in. Your spaghetti sounds nice and healthy. Hey, send some healing vibes to your sister from me :flow2:.

Julie, my friend in Maui just gave me the link to that bag website. These are "pirate" copies but from the looks of it, you couldn't even tell. In fact, my sis just bought an authentic LV purse from the store here and she bought me a larger version in BKK one year. We were at Old Navy one day and the cashier said to her, "hey, you two have the same bag". Then my sister says real snotty like, "yeah, but mine's real". So I say, "Yeah, but mine still has money in it!" :lol: I am definitely going to shop for some new purses. In fact if this trip is anything like the last one I went on, you'll trip out on the number of purses we buy. I'll take a picture of our "showcase of purses" in our hotel room. It's unreal~just like the website (only MUCH cheaper!!!).

Kempy, any pics yet? huh? huh?

jbbm
11-04-2003, 08:41 PM
Hey girls

Just to let you know if any of you watched 8 simple rules with John Ritter they are having a hour long special tonight and they are writing his death in tonight on the show. It should be good but sad. He was such a kind hearted good man. It is on at seven central time on abc. I better turn of my Clay Aiken that I am listening to right now and get some darn tissues out to watch it. Btw yes if you are wondering I did eat too much chili:o :lol: !

Noelle I love purse shopping. Have fun shopping on your trip. Get alot of good stuff!
Julie:)

angieME
11-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks for reminding me of that Julie. I wanted to watch it. I know it is so sad that he died. It isnt like we knew him but yet we did. He has a little girl too. I cried when I watched the first show after he died at the end when they showed him watching the kids leave and he said"off you go". It seems so unreal that one day he is fine and the next he is dead.

jldg888
11-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Aloha Girls,

So sorry I have MIA. My boss was going out of town yesturday and wanted to make sure that everything was in place before she left. I was thinking I would be able to have a break during this time and be able to concentrate on my other bigger projects, but she called me today and asked me to edit this 40 page document and get it ready to be published. Urggghhh!

My halloween was terrible. To make a long story short, I wasn't able to go out. I stayed at my boyfriends shop to wait for my car, which was in pieces to be put back together again. I was really disappointed, I wanted really bad to go to this haunted house.

Sunday was **** also. His brother was in town and we all went out to dinner. They decided to go to Stuart Anderson's, and I didn't want to just sit there, so I had this fried shrimp platter. IT TASTED SOOO GOOD!!! Worst yet, we have all this candy left over from Halloween, it's so damn hard to resist!!! No will power...no will power...

Anyhoo...I haven't been myself these past few days. Just reflecting my career path and stuff. I am counting the days that Kel finishes his coursework so that I can go back to school. It's not that I don't like my job, it's that I know I could do more with myself elsewhere, and it just doesn't seem like I would be able to grow here.

Sorry to rant and rave. Just needed to get my frustrations out. From all the past posts, seems like you ladies are pretty busy.

Angie - Sorry to hear about your daughter. I know what you mean, my mom "kicked my butt" a few times, but if it wasn't for that, I don't think I would as disciplined as I am today.

Noelle - Damn! Wish I were going with you. Love those purses. When I went to Italy, they were a dime a dozen, so I took real advantage of it. Now I strut around with Pradas and Gucci's that I only paid like $10 for. I actually went to the Gucci outlet in Italy and was able to get this leather wallet (last season) for like $20. I love the Tiffany stuff!!!

Julie - I met John Ritter at Starbucks in Maui. I was so sad when I heard about the news. He was so nice, made conversation with me even though he didn't know me. Thanks for the heads up.

Kempy - Wow, busy weekend! Glad you had fun. Ditto on the pictures...want to see what your costume looked like!

Cherie - I hear you on the cravings. It's so hard at work for me, there's chocolate everywhere...and my favorite, chocolate covered macadamia nuts!!! Just try to keep myself busy so I don't think about it!

Well girls, so this was soooo long. Hope everyone has/had a wonderful day.

-Jacks :D

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 11:13 PM
I hope this isn't fuzzy. I can't figure out this program on my Dell. I am not certian how to resize it right. This is me and the guy that I am supposed to be.

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 11:28 PM
:lol:

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 11:29 PM
I forgot what I named all of these so I will just keep posting them and then I can tell you what they are later.

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 11:34 PM
This is my sister. Doesn't she look cool?

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 11:36 PM
This was the guy that I was dressed up to be after he got into his costume. All of those clothes were in his moms closet. Funny huh?

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 11:43 PM
This is the back of the country club from the golf course.

Kempyd
11-04-2003, 11:45 PM
This was Joe and his friend trying to get out of the sand. they really didn't have that tough of a time. It just looks really bad.

melekalikimaka
11-05-2003, 03:16 AM
Kempy :lol::lol::lol: Those pics are hilarious! I think you really captured the essence of your hair dresser--all the way to the glasses even. That is classic! All of you look like you were having a blast. You didn't tell us your hairdresser was Elton John! (heehee). Joe makes a funny Hooters gal too *snicker*. Was Echo pretending to be a black lab? Oh man, that's some funny stuff. Does your sis live in LA too?

Jacks, I haven't been to the square cow in ages. Glad you ate some fried shrimp for me :T. It's tough having to work with other people and having to SEE all the candy and other stuff around. I know when I worked in a large office I'd mostly hide in my office to keep away from the candy bowl. Hang in there girl.

So did you guys get to watch the John Ritter show you were talking about? I've never seen it, but know it was really taking off. I've been busy filling out kindergarten applications for my son for next year :cry:...didn't have time to watch any TV tonight.

Well, I'm gonna go to bed, have a good night all.

angieME
11-05-2003, 09:25 AM
Kempy, I love the pics. I didnt even know that was you until I read it. :lol: Your sister was quite scary looking. Was she Carrie? EEK!! she did an awesome job with her costume. Also, Your house is beautiful.

Jacks, That is too bad that you missed your Haunted House. The shrimp sounded good though. We can all get back on track. YES we can!!

Noelle, Black Lab(That is too cute) :lol:

Well, I went to order tickets for Discovery Cove(me and the kids paying extra to swim with the dolphin) The total came up to 1200.00 WOW! I didnt have that much available on my card and I dont really want to use some of the cash I have saved this summer since I have never been down there before and I dont know what all the hidden costs(tolls,etc) are going to be. I guess I will just save and do it next winter. Darn!

No walk this morning since when I let the dogs out my deck is covered in a nice shiny layer of ice. I dont want to kill myself. I will have to use my elliptical.

Kempyd
11-05-2003, 10:15 AM
I think Echo was trying to be like her daddy. :lol: The things that dog lets us do. The puppy was passed out on the sofa the entire night. I know she was pooped b/c we had the radio going pretty loud and we were going in and out of the back door alot. I wish I would have gotten a picture of that too.

Thanks Angie for the complement on my house. I can't believe it is that cold up there. Our high for today is around 85. I almost wsh I was up there where it is cooler.

I know that I am not supposed to worship the scale but I had a really bad moment with mine this morning. I can't seem to get it to go down. All it wasn't to do is get higher and higher. I must be doing something totally wrong and I havn't figured it out yet. I hate not being able to wear my pants comfortabley. It really is hurting me. This isn't helping my self-esteam. I am just really not feeling good about myself today. I wish I could just go hid in my office all day and not have to put up with anyone but I don't see that happening.

angieME
11-05-2003, 10:37 AM
I know how you feel Kempy. I got on the scales this morning and it said I weigh 150.5 pounds. YIKES! I was down to 141 for a day or two. We can do this because we have done it before and I am sure we will need to do it again in the future but we cant give up.

If it helps any, I think you look great. So at least you can know that people just seeing you cant tell that you struggle with your weight. That being said, I understand totally about the jeans. I took mine off last night and had the reddest mark all around my waist. I figured I should wear them all day so I dont forget why I am trying so hard not to eat and it did work. I was grocery shopping and drooling over the WOW Doritos(good but not when I HAVE to eat the whole bag.) and I felt how tight my jeans were and it actually made me think twice about throwing them in the cart. I took a bag of strawberries out of the freezer and put a couple packets of Splenda in it and thrwe some grapes in the juice and had that for my snack last night. It was good but I am definately a chocoholic. :lol:

I know how depressing it is when we stop and think that we will have to struggle like this for ever if we want to keep the weight off. That sucks. I hope it does get easier with time but at least it is comforting to know that I have great friends here who understand me.

I have to go exercise but I will check back later.

Kempyd
11-05-2003, 10:45 AM
I had a hard time getting my wedding ring on. That really made me feel bad. I remember not to long ago it was to loose. Good thing I didn't get it sized down. When I lost weight at the beging of the year I was eating whatever I wanted but in the correct portion size. I guess I need to start that but I don't want to have to write everything down. It takes up to much of my time and I start to obsess about it. I am not going to throw away perfectly good food when all I have to do is watch my portions. Since I will be starting school we will be losing about $600 a month with me not working so much so food is going to be on item that we have to live sparingly with. Maybe I will drop some pounds once i start school. I can only hope so.

Thanks for listening and responding Angie. I am glad I have you guys too.

PhotogirlTX
11-05-2003, 10:59 AM
These past two days at work have been unreal. I have stayed so busy, trying to get payrolls out. Yesterday.. I woke up and it was in the 70's so I dressed the girls in short sleeved shirts and shorts, by 10 AM it was down in the 50's, so at lunch time I had to run home, find warm clothes and take them to daycare. Hannah was wanting me to stay there with her.. and go to kindergarten with her, but I couldn't. I have to get back and finish my payroll.

Last night we had cake, the best dark chocolate fudge cake with chocolate almond frosting! It was sooooo moist... and I did have a couple of cookies. Sigh... However, all was not lost, I ran 5.5 miles too. So, even though I'm not completely on track, I am still not gaining... just not losing either.

Kempy... those pictures were GREAT!!!! OMG.. looks like you had a blast... and I will second Angie's compliment... beautiful House!!!

Angie.. wowza.. that is alot of money!! Why do things have to be soooo damn expensive???? Geeze.... I am sure you will have a great time on your trip regardless.

Noelle.. you leave soon too don't you? Have a great time and take lots of pictures!!!!

Julie.. I tried watching part of that special last night, but just couldn't. If felt so forced, he will surely be missed. I don't see that show continuing on without him.

Jacks hey girl.... why does halloween and chocolate have to be our enemy???? hahaha.. I wish I could just walk away from it like I do, uh. RAISINS hahaha... that would be NICE.

OK.. back to work here... I hope you all have a great day.. I will check back in later!

Hugs,
Cherie

jbbm
11-05-2003, 11:41 AM
Goodmorning girls,

Kempy I love the pics. Joe looked so funny. And I also loved the matching glasses that you had on with your hairdresser. I really liked the paint colors of the walls in your house. I really want to paint my walls a different color in my living room, I have these big white walls with a vaulted ceiling and it just seems to white and cold, I would love to warm it up with some colors.
Angie and Kempy I know about the tight pants thing. Yuck! It is nice is summer when I can put on some elastic shorts but in winter its pants with tight waist bands.

Noelle I did watch some of the John Ritter special but I couldn't watch at times I was crying to hard and it was just so sad.

Cherie the cake sounds wonderful. I can only imagine what it tasted like! I love chocolate.

Girls I am really glad I have you guys to talk to too. Well better get the day going. By the way Kempy that golf course looks so peaceful and beautiful. Check in later. Julie

angieME
11-05-2003, 11:50 AM
I just did my indoor workout for 30 minutes. I wonder why I cant force myself to do the 45 or 60 minutes?

Kempy, I have a hard time throwing food away too. You will get it thought I know you will. I cant wear my wedding rings because i would have to take them off so much to bake and they are actually too big since I was huge when I got them to begin with. It is kind of scary to think of how big I was when I got them.

Cherie, The cake sounds so good. I love cake and frosting.

Julie,
The show was so sad. I was surprised that they didnt show him at all. I dont see how they will continue the show without him either. How can they turn it back into a comedy?

Kempyd
11-05-2003, 11:56 AM
I am trying not to think about the cake. I love chocolate so it is hard. I need to give my candy to my brother's kids but I foget about it. I do remember once I have a few pieces in my mouth though. lol

I missed the show last night. I forgot it was coming on and Joe and I watched Finding Nemo. I bought it at the store and of course we had to watch it right then. I loved it of course and Joe said that it was the best cartoon he has ever seen. I am with you guys though, I don't think they will be able to keep it going with out him. Sad!

Is is lunch time yet? (kind of bored today too) I really need to be somewhere that is going to challenge me. (just like Jacks)

jbbm
11-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Do you guys think a cranberry colored paint would be to dark in a living room? I have one wall painted in my kitchen called green tea and love it! My husband hates to paint maybe I am weird but I think it is kind of theraputic. (maybe its the fumes,lol)
:dizzy: I sponged painted one of the kiddies rooms and it turned out great and it was alot fun.

Angie I have no idea how they are going to make it a comedy again.

angieME
11-05-2003, 12:04 PM
I wanted to rent Finding Nemo too. It was cute? Maybe I will force Jay into renting it this weekend :lol: I will just remind him that he did like Ice Age. Jay had to go to Bangor today to get our back up monitor for the RV and send it to Maryland to get fixed(hopefully it gets back before our vaca) and he had to take our DVD player down to get serviced. We always get the bad electronics when we buy them. We bought one at Walmart and it didnt work right so we took it back and got one at Best Buy (a CD/DVD player and surround sound system from Pioneer and guess what? It hasnt worked 100% since we had it but we never took the time to unhook it and send it away until today. :lol:

I have lost enough bloat to squeeze back into my 8's but boy do I have a nice fat roll hanging over the top. *GROSS* I hate when that happens. :lol:

Whats for lunch today? I am having Sweet Onion chicken terriyaki.

angieME
11-05-2003, 12:14 PM
Julie here is a pick of my living room walls. We ordered our house with plain sheetrock so we could paint it the way we wanted it later. I painted it a dark cranberry halfway up and put a nice thick rose border all around it. I love the way it cam out. It really warms the room up. (short of the screaming tirade I did when I screwed up a whole roll of the border. :lol: )

I mixed white in with the leftover paint and painted the lower half of my kitchen with that and sponged a darker pink over that.

I did the girls room pink at the bottom andwhite with pastel green,pink and blue sponged on top with a unicorn border in it. It came out really cute

Coreys room we did dark blue on the bottom with white with blue sponged on the top with a galaxy border and we hung the solar system with glow in the dark stars on the walls.

My bedroom is the only pure white room in the house now.

angieME
11-05-2003, 12:21 PM
How is this for a happy dog? :lol: :lol:

Kempyd
11-05-2003, 12:39 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I can hear him cussing you Angie. That was from last year right? I really like your fireplace. I want to change mine and yours is really pretty. I will keep it in mind if and when we do ours.

Julie I went to Lowes and pulled color cards that had a few coordinating colors in it to see what I liked. I have 5 different colors in the house. Each bedroom is a differnt color, the kitchen is terra cotta and the rest of the house is what is called shark skin. It actually has a hint of brown in it. I love having color in the hosue. The only bad thing about doing dark colors is if you want to change them later you are going to have to cover them up with a few coats of primer and that can be a pain in the you know what.

I am having left over hotdogs from last night for lunch today. See, I hate to throw away food. :lol:

jbbm
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Angie the cranberry walls are beautiful. I don't know why I am afraid to do color. But when I did my kitchen in the green tea, it was like oh my god I love it! Your fireplace is really pretty too.
Your dog looks like a sweetheart. He looks like he would be a cuddler. When I was sponging my walls I did a little screaming too when I notice I had messed a part up. But luckily it was not dry so I could fix it. I really try to be crafty sometimes but I don't know how good I am at that and decorating. I wish I could get an interior decorator if I had the funds at this time!

angieME
11-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Kempy, the fireplace is a gas one that we bought at our local hardware store. Then they make the mantles to go around them so they look like they are built right in when they just sit up against the wall. I think it only cost $800.00 for everything and it actually puts quite a bit of heat out. I would like to buy another for our bedroom for the romantic feel. haha

Yeah that was Rebel from last year. He hated that costume. I have bought them both new Christmas hats and I am going to make them wear them while we go to Florida. I am such a mean doggie mom.

Julie, we were so nervous when we started because we didnt want to screw it up and have to repaint. But I am so glad we did it. It makes everything look so fancy. We actually have our livingroom and dining room attatched together so we did them both the same way and then I bought a nice dark table cover with a lace topper for the didning room table. I love it.

My sis is out of surgery. We dont know if she needed the full ioncision yet(like a c section) because my mom hasnt talked to the doctor to find out for sure. She said they had a lot harder time then expected and now they are keeping her overnight so I am guessing she needed the big incision. So spaghetti tonight and then off to the hospital to visit.

Kempyd
11-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Hey when is Dips coming back? I think we lost red too. I see her thread moving so I guess she started another one. Maybe I will pop in to tell her hi and we miss her.

jbbm
11-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Kempy I thought Dips was going to be back after her two week trip? I could be wrong, I have a good memory but it short:lol:!
I am thinking about making some spinanch dip for lunch and to munch on.

jldg888
11-05-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey Girls,

I was so drained yesturday, I needed to go home early and then I went to bed to take a nap. Felt better after I got up. I did yoga this morning which will hopefully help me boost my energy. I have so many damn projects to complete before my boss gets into town, I am so overwhelmed. SO GLAD it's Wednesday. I am hoping to be good the rest of this week with my diet and then reward myself with a small portion of Huli Huli chicken (YUMMY). There is so much food I miss eating! Spam Musubi, Loco Moco, my favorite Munchos chips, chicken katsu...I'm drooling...I'd better stop. Urgghhhh! My clothes are beginnings to get looser though, so that feels a lot better.

Kempy/Angie - your homes are BEAUTIFUL! I would love to buy a house, but the market is so damn expensive here! I'm trying to save up though. Hopefully one day I could live in Hawaii Kai!

Kempy - Love the pics!!! Looks like so much fun!!!!

Angie - Poor dog! I try to dress up my bunny, it's doesn't work as good!

Cherie - The chocolate cake!!! Yum!!!! Why are things that are so good be soooo bad????

Julie - I wish I could the decorator from Trading Spaces or the guys from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Man they have talent! I hope to get some interesting items from Ikea. My place is so drab!

Noelle - I know how those Kindergarten apps are so long and confusing. We are trying to work with schools to streamline it better. Hope you have fun on your trip...I'm sooo jealous!

Hope Dips it doing good. So glad to have you girls here to vent frustrations too! Your support is so great. Much Mahalo to all of you! Well, back to those projects. I'll try and check back later if I don't get bogged down. Have a great rest of the day!!!!
:) Jacks

melekalikimaka
11-05-2003, 04:15 PM
Jacks, whaddya mean expensive? The median price in Hawaii was only $399K...that's pocket change eh? NOT! why do you think I still live in my parents' house? :^: Jacks you're making me hungry! Have you ever heard of Koala Moa :chicken: chicken? It's like Hulihuli but better IMO. They do alot of fundraisers all over the island and Maui. Well, that's our landlord here at work. They're right next door and sometimes they have the rotisserie cooker going right out in the parking lot. The smell *drool*...the great part is is that Rick has known the owner for over half his life so it's like his second father--we get free chicken all the time.

Kempy/Angie yes your homes are very beautiful. Every day I go walking right outside my neighborhood and see all the new homes coming up. I DREAM about having one one day...I guess that's why Rick and I are busting our butts trying to make a go of our business here. You guys are very lucky.

Angie, still sending healing vibes for your sis. Tell her us at 3FC said HI. I bought the Finding Nemo DVD for Michael this morning at WalMart, only $14. I've seen it twice at the movies and I was almost crying from laughing at one point. It is worth seeing.

I had to take my sister's dog Keaka walking yesterday--he hasn't gone with us for such a long time and he is sooooooo fat. His back is almost flat, if you know what I mean. He's usually around 20 lbs but I swear, he must've put on 5 lbs. That's way too much for a JRT his size. He couldn't even zip his halloween costume.

Julie, I don't have a crafty bone in my body. The only thing I would participate when renovating is probably the demolition :lol:. I'm really impressed by anyone who can take on home projects like that.

Cherie, I sort of found recipe for a chocolate cake substitute on one of the threads. Well, it is chocolate cake, but you either use a can of diet coke with a chocolate cake mix, or a can of chocolate slim fast with a chocolate cake mix. Mix together and make 24 cupcakes. Because of the reduced liquid content (vs. the water, eggs and oil), the cake comes out moist and yummy. I cut the cupcakes in half and put a dollop of lite cool whip in between then wrap in plastic and freeze. They come out like Hostess cupcakes. I'm sure it's nothing like that decadent cake you ate but for me, it's a good substitute.

jbbm
11-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Hey girls I am back I had some appointments this afternoon.

Angie hugs to your sister. God I know how painful those cysts are. How big was hers that they took out? I once had one the size of a grapefruit. Hugs to her and hope she has a speedy recovery, the small incisions are pretty easy to heal from, I felt better with mine in 2-3 days.

Jacks all that food your talking about is making me hungry. I really do not know what alot of it is but I would eat anything from Hawaii! I saw on food tv spam is big there. Is this true? I love it fried with fried egss.

Noelle I too have heard of the diet coke and chocolate cake mix. I heard it is great with ff cool whip and berries. I want to try it.

Bye for now! Julie

angieME
11-05-2003, 08:33 PM
We just got back from the hospital. They had to give her a big incision right up the center of her stomach because they couldnt get the littl scopes in. She now is looking at 6 weeks off from work. She didnt say how big it was but she said something about they took one side out. She can still have kids but it may take a little work to get pregnant.

melekalikimaka
11-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Ouch! 6 weeks off for recovery. Hope she is feeling much better real soon. She can always look on the bright side---> "trying" to get pregnant is fun :devil: :balloons: :lucky: Get well soon Angie's sister :)

jbbm
11-05-2003, 08:59 PM
I will be saying prayers for your sister Angie.

melekalikimaka
11-06-2003, 03:46 AM
I've started packing for my trip and am excited that I can fit comfortably into some of my shorts again. I would've been BIG and in trouble without any of those shorts to wear:lol:. Now I can spend my money on something fun to buy instead of stupid old shorts.

My sister and I went walking this evening and when we passed by the old sugar mill I heard a kitten mewing really loudly. She, ever the animal lover wanted to rescue this poor kitten. It was an orange tabby with blue eyes and looked to be about 8 weeks old. The only problem was it was on the other side of a fence. We climbed up a hill and through heavy brush to get around the fence. My sis was meowing like a mother cat and the kitten came running, but when it saw she wasn't a cat, it backed up into the brush. We tried to coax it out but it wouldn't come. We spent 20 minutes on both sides of the fence trying to get the darn thing to come out of the bushes, then we finally gave up. We ended up walking a shorter route because it got dark fast :rolleyes:. THe frustrating thing was that the cat was only about a foot away from the fence but neither of us could reach it (my arm was too fat to fit through the chain link, and her's was too short, the cat stayed just out of reach). I hope it's mother comes back or that someone else can rescue it. It was really cute.

I'm really babbling tonight and I'm really tired so I'll end here. Have a good night all.

angieME
11-06-2003, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the well wishes for my sis. You guys really are the best!!!!

Noelle, The next time you guys walk that way put a little food in your pocket in case you see the kitten again. It wont be able to resist the food and maybe you can get it used to you if you feed it a little. That is what I had to do to coax Meatball and Butterball to my door. They were estimated at 4 months old when I finally bribed them with steak and got them inside. Can you imagine how they survived for 4 months with no home or anything. On our walk Monday there was a little orange and white kitten dead laying beside the town trash can. Poor thing. I didnt know it was there until I got around the utility pole and Candi saw him. How come all I find are the dead kittens? The stray cats dont come to my house anymore since I have dogs.

You are gonna have so much fun on your trip. I am excited for you. I cant wait to hear all about it when you get home.

Well, I did a walk today. This weather is so strange. Last Saturday it was in the 70's and this Saturday they are expecting a high of like 30. That is a big difference, I cant believe I dont have a cold. :lol:

PhotogirlTX
11-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Good Morning Ladies....

Angie.. I will keep you sister in my prayers... Hope her recovery is quick and painless.

Noelle... I bet you are so excited about your trip!!! Have fun girl!

Julie.. how are you doing???

Jacks.... hungry here too... :-)

Kempy!! Good Morning!

Ok.. I don't have much time to talk.. but just wanted to post.... I am now back down to 137.50... and still working. Wish I could get back on track fully, but taking babysteps... ran 5.5 miles yesterday.. and ate pretty good.

OK.. I will talk to you soon.... Gotta get back to work! :-)

Cherie

darc
11-06-2003, 10:08 AM
ok i don't know if i am in the right place, but from what i have read i am...can someone give me the strength to get thru this weight loss thing, i mean i have los weight, but now an struggling with it, i guess i am bored with it, need something new, been dieting since march, when i first started i was at my highest at 400, well now i am down to 300, which is still alot, and not enough, eveyone tells me how good i look ,but its like not good enough, does that sound right?

all i wanna do is eat? how does one person, not be hungry so much, i even eat when i am not hungry...can anyone give some advice on things to eat, or things to do to not eat all the time...ugg this is the hardest thing i have ever done...

i try and eat right, i work out at curves...and yet it still seems like there should be more...can anyone help???????:?:

Kempyd
11-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Well Joe left this morning to go to FL for our friends DU banquet. He is going over to help him b/c he did that for us. So, I will be all by my lonesome tonight. I will just make sure all of the animals are inside to keep me company.

Wow Angie that is a big cut. I hope she feels better soon.

I always see dead animals too. I don't know why I have to see them that way. I love them and it just kills me to see that.

Noelle I would have been doing the same thing you did. Joe laughs at me b/c everytime I see an animal I say I just want to touch you. Like that is going to make them come to me. If they only knew how much I would love them. :)

I have got to break myself out of this feeling of hating my job. It really isn't good for me. I find myself not even looking at my boss b/c I think some of the things he says are so stupid. Isn't that terrible.

Kempyd
11-06-2003, 10:13 AM
Hi Darc,
I bet we could help you here. We are all going through weight loss at different stages but I am sure that will can give you what you need.
I am going to start by asking what are you eating?

angieME
11-06-2003, 10:33 AM
Hi Darc. We are all in the same boat. Congratulations on your losses so far. You are doing awesome! I have lost 135 pounds in the past and am currently trying to get back to my smallest so I know how hard it is. I think all of us here eat for fun. Am I right girls? I am a boredome eater and nights are the worst for me. I have such an uncontrollable urge to eat at night. Hang around and get to know us, we would love to get to know you and we can all help each other. This is really a great bunch.

Kempy, Where in Florida did Joe go? I just gave a guy a piece of my mind on the RV forum. I was looking for beaches that allow the dogs on the beach and he said to keep them off the beach so his kids didnt have top play in their poop. HELLO?!!? I could have smacked him!! I said if they are allowed then they are going and I do pick up after them so his kids WOULDN'T be playing in their poop.

You are starting school soon arent you Kempy? I will bet that will make the winter fly by for you huh?

Cherie, You are doing great!!

fern
11-06-2003, 12:03 PM
angieME just from your posting I figured out we are very close neighbors. I live next to the town with the story about the young girl. I am pretty new to this site. I do a lot of walking. My children are grown and over 20 some in college.

jbbm
11-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Hello girls

Almost Friday!

Hi Darc

Kempy to bad we all don't live closer we all could go out for dinner and drinks, that would be so much fun. Well just give the doggies extra hugs. Bosses can be such a pain. I once had one that would just talk down to me like I was stupid. Ugh, it so frusterating but soon you will start school and I think you will feel better.

Cherie you are doing so well. Are you back to phase 1 in the sbd?
You go girl!

Noelle poor kitty, I use to try and help all the little lost animals but I got bit once pretty bad in the hand so I am kind of afraid of ones I don't know. I am glad for you that you can fit into some shorts of yours. You are doing great Noelle!

Angie are you doing alot of baking today? Well if you are at least those ovens will keep you warm:)!
check back later Julie

Kempyd
11-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Anige I start school on Dec. 5., and I am counting the days too. I am soooo ready to be doing something different. Joe went to Pensacola for the DU thing. What a weird man to tell you that about your dog. I bet he isn't an animal person. They don't understand how much our animals are like our children.

Pretty cool that you are Fern are close too.

Darc my hubby goes to Beaumont alot ins't that pretty close to you. His company is headquartered out of Houston so he heads over there on a regular basis.

I PMed Red yesterday and I told her she needs to pop in. She said she is going to try. Her life is not going very well right now and she didn't want to come in here and whine about it. I told her that is what we are here for and that is what we usually do anyway. That is why I like it here. I can get things out.

angieME
11-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Yeah, today I have to do whoopie pies,blueberry cake,mini cake & chocolate chip cake. I did a huge batch of pumpkin rolls last week so I have 4 rolls in the freezer.

Did you get bit from a dog? I had a golden retriever sneak up on me when I was walking Rebel once and I think he just wanted to play but he was running up to us so I started hollering because I didnt want Rebel to get bit. The poor dog took off so fast. I met her a couple of weeks later when she was loose in her own front yard on Main Street and ran across the street to see the dogs. She was nice but she almost got run over trying to cross the street.

angieME
11-06-2003, 12:18 PM
I know Kempy. Sometimes I feel bad when I get into a funky mood and it seems like all I do is complain but it definately helps me to feel better to vent.

Red, Come back and "whine" all you want to. We are all here for you and we will support you as much as we can.

angieME
11-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Julie, If we could all meet someday and go out together it would be so much fun!!! Cant you just imagine how much fun it would be?

Kempyd
11-06-2003, 12:20 PM
My frined is coming in with her boyfriend tomorrow (he and Joe are going to our camp to hunt) and she is going to bake pumpkin muffins for breakfast. Did I mention that I love it when she comes. She is Molly homemaker and I am not so she gets things done in my house for me. hehe She is the one that helped me paint the whole house. She actually gets me off of my lazy butt to do things. I need to to live with me so that I will do more things. :lol:

angieME
11-06-2003, 12:23 PM
MMMM, Pumpkin muffins. I want her recipe. Are they lowfat? I think I am going to do a Turkey this weekend with a pumpkin parfait. It is going to be cold so I might as well stay inside and enjoy the smell of a turkey cooking.

jbbm
11-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Yeah Angie I did get a bite from dog when I was little. It was my grandmas collie. I was giving her some food in her dish and handed it to her and she just bit my hand. To this day when I am stirring like a stiff batter or something my hand goes numb and I get a sharp pain in that spot. But I forgive her, she was old and probally didn't mean it. I do love all kinds of dog though!

Yes Angie it would be great!

Kempy I love anything with pumpkin. And enjoy her working in your house. I wish someone would come in her and whip this place into shape! I remember when my hubby and I moved we stayed with my inlaws and it was great. (in between when we could move in our new house) She did all the cooking and insisted on doing our laundry. I was a nice break of not cooking, cleaning, and laundry. God that was great! It was like being a kid again!

jbbm
11-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Kempy are you going to be in school all day? Can you still chat with us during that time when you are in school?

Kempyd
11-06-2003, 01:01 PM
I'll make sure she gives it to me Angie. I'll see if she will send it to me today. Lat me know how you cook your turkey. I have 2 in the freezer that I want to cookbut I don't know how.

Julie I was bite when I was little too. It was by a small dog and now I am a little leary around small dogs. Now a big dog I will tackel. I know strange.

I will be in shcool Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 9:15 -3. I don't think I will be able to get on the internet then but I will once I get home at 3. Oh great, now I am sad. I will miss this kind of chatting. (by the way we have been busy today, Noelle and Jacks are going to flip out when they see how much they have to read)

melekalikimaka
11-06-2003, 02:37 PM
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! Yay, a chatty bunch--and new people too! :dance: Welcome Darc and fern :wave:. Hope you can stick around and join the fun.

I am almost on my way to the beauty salon to get my nails and pedicure done (gotta look pretty for the trip :^: ). Up in Chiang Mai north of Bangkok, me my sisters and mom are going to do a "Thai Cover Look" photo session. They do your hair and makeup and dress you in Thai garments. Two of my sisters did it last time and they looked awesome! We have the same type of coloring as Thai people so the vibrant colors of the clothing look pretty good. I was teasing my sister that she was a Thai princess because they put a gold type tiara thing in her hair. I think we're doing individual portraits then a family one--this should be really fun.

Darc I can relate totally about wanting to eat all day even when not being hungry. Like Angie I'm a boredom eater, or stress eater or anytime eater--I just like to be eating! I actually almost feel like I'm physically fighting with myself when I tell myself to not eat something because I've just eaten a meal. It's tough but with these girls' support and understanding, it's gotten easier. Most times when I'm having a rough time I just come here to vent. Everyone can relate to having a problem relationship with food, that's why we're here, right?

I gotta run before I'm late for my appointment. I'll be back later for more replies. have a great day girls!!!

angieME
11-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Kempy, I just bake it in the oven. I give the skin to the kids so I dont have all the extra fat from that. I dont eat the dark meat so I make pot pies for the kids with that. I am going to give some to Jays grandma this time because she is old and living alone and I dont think has very much food. I had the kids take up some spaghetti for her last night and she says"oh, how did you know I didnt have any food? " The kids had been told not to say anything about her not having much food so they said "we didnt mom just had some left over spaghetti and we thought you would like it." I am going to try to keep getting extra meals up to her all through the winter. This woman is in her 80's and I think she walks more in a day than I do. She is spunky. Gotta love her.

Noelle, I love dress up pics. We used to do the old time saloon ones when we would go to New Hampshire. I wanted to do a nice one while we are in Florida this year too.

jbbm
11-06-2003, 04:10 PM
Angie that is so nice that you do that for Jay's Grandmother. Sometimes the elderly don't get a home cooked meals to often because they are just cooking for one. I think that is so sweet of you. And she is lucky to have such a great cook like you!

Noelle I would love to get my nails and toes done. Can you believe I only got my nails done once and that was for my wedding day? I got a french manicure, I liked it but they were just a little bit to long and I had a hard time taking my contacts out, ouch:lol:! I remember when I was on my honeymoon I had them taken off at the salon at the resort and she buffed them up and painted them so they still looked pretty. I would love to start treating myself to more things like that. I know I should get my hair cut more often, not every 5-6 months! Don't you know notice sometimes we don't take care of ourselves because we are all taking care of everybody else? Okay I'll stop blabbing now:lol:.

I think I just might have soup and sandwiches for supper tonight, I just don't feel like making a big meal tonight. Bye for now:)

jldg888
11-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Hello Girls...Happy Thursday. Can't believe it's almost the weekend. All my projects that I needed to get done before my boss gets back...well it's still sitting on my desk!!! Where does all the time go???? Well for one...probaly all the hours I spend on researching. I spent 4 hours researching yesturday. By the time I looked up it was almost 5!!! Geez...time does fly!

Hey Darc!!! Not to worry. Everyone is here to support each other. I found this these girls about a month ago and if it wasn't for them, I don't think I would have lasted. The eating thing, believe me every night I go through this internal fight with myself not to eat. It's so hard especially if you have food all around you. It's all about willpower. Get your mind off of it. Take a walk, drink water...for me...I go to sleep!!! I get hungry around 10:00, so that's my cue to go to sleep. I feel much better in the morning knowing I didn't go grab a bag of chips. Hang in there!

Noelle - Thailand sounds so much fun! I don't think I told you girls this but last September I "tried" to take a class to learn Thai. Man is it hard!!! The language is so beautiful though. I have a certain fondness for learning other languages. So far I've taken French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Thai, but Thai by far is the hardest. I hope you have lots of fun Noelle. Congrats on your shorts!!! Can't wait to fit in mine again!

Kempy - I sure do wish I could go back to school again too!!! You're sooooo lucky. If I could be a full-time professional student for the rest of my life, I think I would. I don't think I asked before, but what are you taking?

Angie - My prayers are with your sister too. I had to get a cyst out myself about 4 years ago. Not a good feeling. Was small though. Why do women have to go through this? Urggghhhh....

Cherie - I wish I had your stamina! 5.5 miles??? Wow....I need to start training myself. I'm planning to do the Great Aloha Run in February...8.15 miles. Trying to get Kel to do it with me, but he keeps shakin his head. Noelle - you should do it with me!!!

Julie - Never got bit before but always got trampled on by my big 80 pound rottweiler. Hated that, but them we wrestle and it's okay. Now I get bit by my bunny all the time. Animals are always so funny!

Alrighty...we're having a good bye lunch for one of my co-workers at one of my favorite restaurants today. I'm hoping they have so low-cal/fat food there. I'm going to try and stay away from the creme brulee...I might need to vent frustrations later if I give into my temptation...

Good day all...keep on conversatin!

-Jacks

Kempyd
11-06-2003, 04:59 PM
Jacks I am going to school for electrolysis. I have been wanting to ork for mysefl for awhile now so that would be perfect forme. I only have to go for 9 months so that isn't to bad. I am just ready to make my own schedule if you know what I mean.

I will be getting off at 4 thank goodness. I didn't bring my shorts to wokrout today so I am going to go home and try to walk two dogs at the same time. That should be fun. I just hope I don't have to run from the mosquitos like I have been the past few nights. That is a real shame when you are a prisoner of your own home. Those little things are annoying. At least it isn't love bugs though. ;)

jldg888
11-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Hey girls....

Well...I went to Palaminos and had a tomato/mozzarella salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and a half of a grilled tomato/mozzarella sandwich with french fries. Now I feel gross....urrggghhh. I did resist though the creme brulee and the roasted turkey sandwich with bacon and blue cheese. Oh well, tonight I have to exercise extra hard to work off those extra cals.

Sorry had to vent...
-Jacks

Dips'n'twists
11-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Ciao Ladies!!

Whew! I have been busy busy busy, Now I come back and there is a new crew of people in this thread :o My oh my have WE been busy. It's all good though :) Welcome to all the newbies who don't know me.

I've been hangin' out with my family trying to get my civilian life together. I just got back from fla a week ago but I miss my fiance so much I'm flying back to him on monday so I'll be out of the loop yet again :(

Angie, Noelle- I noticed that you all were thinking of me in previous posts in my absence, I'm touched :D

To Kempy, Julie, Cher, Tonya, Gem, Holly, Jacks, I can't tell you how much I've missed you. I talk about you guys all the time to my man. I want to post a pic that I took in Fla so ya'll can see how ya' girl is lookin these days...I can't complain, especially with all the crap I've been eating lately.

I'll be here throughouit the weekend palying catch-up so hollaaaa.

-Dips-

Dips'n'twists
11-06-2003, 11:44 PM
me and (most of ) my sibs

Dips'n'twists
11-06-2003, 11:52 PM
This is one of me mand my parents in the hotel lobby. Big Shout Out to RED BALLOON!!

jbbm
11-07-2003, 12:14 AM
Dips! Hi!

I was just reading some recipes before bed and saw you posted! You are so pretty and you have such a great smile. And you are looking so thin! I am glad you are having a great time and I hope you get adjusted to civilian life as soon as you can. It may take time because you were away for so long but I believe everything will fall into place for you! Well lets all chat tomorrow, I am so tired going to hit the pillow now. Bye for now. Julie

melekalikimaka
11-07-2003, 04:23 AM
:wave: Hi Dips! Glad to see you resurfacing here again. Those are some great family pics--you look fabulous and happy--gotta love that smile. Your parents look much too young to have a 22 y.o. daughter :). You and your sibs look like you were having a good ol' time together. and hey! Happy Belated Birthday :hb: :balloons: Don't think you'd get past us without a few birthday wishes. Is your fiance in FL? Do you think you guys will settle down there? You'd be close to Kempy...

I am so tired. I'm trying to get my packing finished so I won't be scrambling around tomorrow. I'm waiting for a couple of loads of laundry to finish and it's around 10:00 pm. I found out that the weight limit for my luggage is 44 lbs per piece :mad:. My largest suitcase alone is about 19 lbs empty. Right now I've packed my medium sized case and am putting it into the large one--that way when I come back I can fill up the larger one with all my goodies...I've been imagining just what I'll be bringing back...mostly purses and funky designer handbags for me and lots of clothes, shoes and toys for my boy. Rick wants a jade ring. Who knows what I'll find there.

Jacks, Sawasdee Ka! I do plan on doing the Great Aloha Run--well, I'm walking it anyway. I have no inclination to run it :lol:. My #4 sis works for the Advertiser and they are one of the sponsors of the event so we are going with "Team Advertiser". Maybe we can meet up then, that would be cool. I know if I walk it it would take me about 2 1/4 hours-- if I don't see you on the course, we can arrange to meet up at the finish line :dancer:. Wow, you took all those different language courses? Awesome! I have a hard enough time speaking English :lol:.

Julie, if I had to choose just one, I'd go for the pedicure. Something about having your feet pampered and prettied up :cloud9:. Even though your feet are hiding in shoes sometimes, just knowing that your heels and all smooth and your toenails are painted, just makes me feel pretty, ya know? You know what? I started getting into the whole manicure, pedicure thing when I got married too! But I continued on. I recommend it to any lady--pamper yourself, you're worth it.

Angie you're a sweetheart to do that for Jay's g-ma. I'm sure she appreciates it. Your saloon dress up pics made me think of that episode on the Brady Bunch when they were on the old west movie set--remember that one?

Cherie our running goddess ;). I'm with Jacks, I wish I had your stamina. You go! How was Hannah's b-day?

Redballoon~ come on back we miss ya :^:.

Hello to everyone else. My schedule may be a tad bit crazier tomorrow (including a WW weigh-in--can everybody say a prayer for a maintain?) so if I don't get to pop in, know that I'm thinking about y'all.

Dips'n'twists
11-07-2003, 08:37 AM
Ciao Ladies,

Julie- Thank you for the compliment you make me blush. ANd trust me I am having a blast. I am still on a homecoming high. However, civilian life is a lot more hectic than I thought it would be but I have my family so nothing can get me down right now. SO what kinda recipes are you checkin' out?

Noelle you are such a sweetheart :D I keep forgeting that I'm 22 now but I had a great B-day so you just gave me a little extra icing on the cake....Speaking of cake, mine was a kind I didn't like so I didn't eat ANY isn't that great?!! :D

By the way, don't be fooled by those baby faces that my parents have. My dad is 46 and my mother is 44. My older brother is 23 so he was the first. Unfortunately he couldn't get leave so he couldn't go with us, which sucks because they're letting soldiers and their spouses get in for free. It would have been a perfect thing for him and his wife. I'll post a pic of him later cuz he's a fox! He works out religously and it shows. I'm trying to catch up with him.

Anyways, Jamie and I have decided to settle in NY next year though I would love to visit Kempy while I'm in FL. Kempy...where are you??

You are a traveling woman, Noelle, where ya headed this time?:)

TTYL,

-Dips-

Dips'n'twists
11-07-2003, 08:37 AM
Ciao Ladies,

Julie- Thank you for the compliment you make me blush. ANd trust me I am having a blast. I am still on a homecoming high. However, civilian life is a lot more hectic than I thought it would be but I have my family so nothing can get me down right now. SO what kinda recipes are you checkin' out?

Noelle you are such a sweetheart :D I keep forgeting that I'm 22 now but I had a great B-day so you just gave me a little extra icing on the cake....Speaking of cake, mine was a kind I didn't like so I didn't eat ANY isn't that great?!! :D

By the way, don't be fooled by those baby faces that my parents have. My dad is 46 and my mother is 44. My older brother is 23 so he was the first. Unfortunately he couldn't get leave so he couldn't go with us, which sucks because they're letting soldiers and their spouses get in for free. It would have been a perfect thing for him and his wife. I'll post a pic of him later cuz he's a fox! He works out religously and it shows. I'm trying to catch up with him.

Anyways, Jamie and I have decided to settle in NY next year though I would love to visit Kempy while I'm in FL. Kempy...where are you??

You are a traveling woman, Noelle, where ya headed this time?:)

TTYL,

-Dips-

Dips'n'twists
11-07-2003, 09:14 AM
I dedicate this picture to you. This is the closest to surfing I'll ever come, hangin' ten on a plastic set up with my lil brother. Looks kinda real doesn't it??

-Dips-

angieME
11-07-2003, 10:25 AM
Good Morning! Dips, Welcome Back, we missed you! You are lookin gorgeous girl!!! I agree with Noelle, your parents look so young.

Noelle, I love your trick of putting one suitcase in another so you have room to bring home goodies. I would have never thought of that. Are ya excited yet???!!! :lol:

Julie, Did ya find any good recipes?

Jacks, You and Noelle should meet up at the race. That would be so neat. I think the rest of us should plan a trip to Hawaii to meet you guys and we would all have an awesome time. :lol: I want to try a traditional Hawaiian Luau(sp). My moms friend used to go to Hawaiia for vaca and she said when they took the pigs out of the pits the meat was so tender it just fell apart. YUM(except for they still have the head dont they. yuck)

Tomorrow is going to be so cold. I hate it when it gets bitterly cold out. You know when you go outside and the inside of your nose instantly freezes and hurts? :lol:

Dips, Did you do Discovery Cove or Sea World? I want to go to Discovery Cove so bad! If you did Sea World do you get to touch the birds or dolphins? Jay is always like."yeah I would do a big roller coaster." until last night I showed him the pick of Kraken and he said "I dont know I guess I would have to see how big it is first." :lol: haha

Well, we just got back from our walk and there is a trailer that gor a hound dog this summer so he is about 5 months old now but he is big. He comes running from out back loose and runs up to us so I automatically pick Rebel up so he doesnt become a scooby snack. The pup is scared he had his tail between his legs so I let Rebel down and they all meet and then the pup decides he wants to play. :lol: Oh my god, it was so funny. This big dog was trying to step on Rebel to hold him down and then goes into a play bow. My two were looking at him like he was crazy. WE went to their neighbor(their grandmas) house to tell her the dog was loose otherwise I dont think he would have let us leave.

Kempyd
11-07-2003, 10:37 AM
Hey Dips!!! I am so glad that you are back. I am about 2 1/2 hours away from Pensacola. Where is your boyfriend living? I think I remember from Gennels thread that he was down the Atlantic side right? You hair is beautiful girl. From you avatar I couldn't tell how long it was. Your trip looks like lots of fun. Did you see the halloween pics I posted on page 3 of the thread (I think it is 3)?

Angie I feel for you with the cold. I could never live up north. I hate it here when it is cold and we only have cold temps for about 2 months. It finally cooled off last night here. The high today is lower 70's. I will take that anytime.

Noelle if you and Jacks meet you had better be showing some pics to us. I hope one day one of us will be able to get together. I feel like I know you guys as it is. I talk to you guys more than I talk to some of my family members. :lol:

Jacks good for you turning down that food. It is so hard for me when we go out so I try to talk Joe out of eating out all of the time. I just know I will blow it in a resturant.

Julie how are you feeling today?

jbbm
11-07-2003, 01:16 PM
Hi Sweethearts!

Boy oh boy you girls have been busy already today. Last night I could not fall asleep so I looked up some low carb chicken and other low carb recipes on this site. Some of them sound pretty good like the salsa chicken recipe. Sounds and easy and good.

Angie it is freezing here! The high here is only 32 degress. It hard to believe my christmas tree is going to be up in a month. I have not even started any shopping.

Noelle good luck on your WI tomorrow. We are going to miss you so much. Have fun doing all that shopping.

Have fun with your friend Kempy. I have not went out with girlfriends in awhile.

Hi Dips and Jacks and everyone else. Check in later.

jbbm
11-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Btw is anyone going to watch the Martha Stewart interview tonight? I just can't wait to hear what she has to say. I actually have never seen an interview done with her. I love her recipes but I know she is not the nicest person to work for I have heard.

PhotogirlTX
11-07-2003, 01:44 PM
I swear this has to have been the longest week ever. :-( I did get my 5.5 miles in yesterday, but not sure if I will make it today. I have to take the girls to go see their dad.. so I will be getting back late. And besides that.. it's COLD.. and rainy... and all I want to do is curl up with a good blanket and an old movie.

Dips.. you are goregous!!! Wow!!! You look great and very very happy!! Welcome back!!!

Fern and Darc Welcome!!!! Great bunch of women here.. and we all have our ups and downs... and I have gotten so much strength from here and motivations.

Noelle... Can't wait to see the Thai pictures.. those sound like so much fun!!!! Have a great time on your trip and be safe!

Julie... I am with you.. I love anything pumpkin.... craving a big pie or pumpkin bread right now.

Kempy How is New Olreans doing?? I wish I could come down there for the Sugar Bowl.. looks more and more like Oklahoma will be in that one! I hope anyway! :-)

Angie... how do you control yourself around all those yummy treats you make????

Jacks.. your run sounds like so much fun!!!! I wish I were in Hawaii, I would run it with you... and my secret for my running is to get an MP3 player and put nothing but fast upbeat alternative music on it, then listen and turn it up LOUD and just run. I am not running fast... I am setting it at a 5.6 mile an hour pace, and between the warm up and cool down, I hit 5.5 miles at the hour mark. So I am doing a little less than an eleven minute mile. Would like to get back down to my 9.5 minute mile that I was doing about 5 years ago.

OK.. back to work here.... I am SOOOOOOOO ready for the weekend.

Hugs,
Cherie

jbbm
11-07-2003, 03:37 PM
Cherie you are a power woman 5.5 miles. I just wish I could get my butt motivated to do a mile:D! It is nice you will have some time for yourself this weekend. Enjoy it!

I guess I should give myself some credit. The scales for me have been staying around 145-147. When I started here three months ago I was at 158.

Bye for now guys

melekalikimaka
11-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Hey girls. I'm having a whirlwind morning which started with my WI @ WW. I'm down 1.2 lbs this week~~awesome since I thought I blew it on Sunday with all I ate. Anyway this means that I have officially lost 11 lbs :strong: and received my first gold star, you know those cheesy little token awards for lbs lost? I only weighed in and ran since I am very busy this morning, but not too busy for you guys. My son stayed home from school today since he's been coughing a lot. He begged me to paint his face like a vampire (from his halloween kit) so I did, took me 20 minutes when I should have really been here at work. Then right after I finished, he ran to the mirror said "cool", then wiped it all off :rolleyes:. *sigh* Gotta love 'em.

Julie, you are doing great. Slow and steady wins the race and keeps it off. Thanks for the good vibes. I'll go outside and soak up some sunshine for you.

Cherie, this week has flew by for me. I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow!!! You hang in there girl, have yourself a good by-yourself weekend. I'll be thinking of all of you when I touch ground in Bangkok.

Dips, that's probably the closest I'll get to surfing too :lol:. That is a cool pic, thanks. Last weekend a 13 y.o. girl lost her left arm to a tiger shark on Kauai, they showed the chunk it took out of her surfboard and it was pretty huge. Oh yeah, I'm going to Bangkok and Chiang Mai in Thailand, I'll be gone for 10 days.

Angie, yup the pig still has his head on :ink:. Don't worry, he looks like he's asleep ;) :lol:. Mmmmmm, tastes sooo good I don't even care. When we walk Selena or Keaka past that pitbulls house, we always carry them too. If he ever tried anything again I wouldn't hesitate to start kicking him.

Kempy have fun this weekend--I know you always do.

Jacks, don't work too hard girl, you're putting me to shame :lol:.

Well girls, I gotta try and clear my desk for now. I'll try and stop by later, but if not...ALOHA! I'll be thinking of you all and missing our chit-chat. Who knows, I may just get a chance to check in from the hotel...we'll see. I'll be back home on the morning of the 18th. Take care ladies. Love ya.

angieME
11-07-2003, 06:00 PM
Noelle, If you get back on before you leave....HAVE FUN!!!! WE WILL MISS YOU!!!!HAVE A SAFE FLIGHT!!!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR LOSS!!! You are doing an amazing job.

Julie, You have done an awesome job as well. I am making crustless pumpkin pie tomorrow(pumpkin parfaits) I cant wait.

Cherie, I wished I could run but I think having the twins and Brit ruined my bladder. I will pee if I try to run. I hate that because somedays I just want to run and cant. :lol:

angieME
11-07-2003, 06:03 PM
I guess I hit Submit but I wasnt done yet.

Dips, Your mom is so young looking that when I showed your pic to Jay he had to ask which one was you and which one was your mom. :lol: That should make her day.

Kempy, me and Jay were watching the food channel last night and we saw a cajun festival and we decided that next year we should skip right past Florida and eat our way through Louisiana. The food is so awesome looking and I could even meet you.

redballoon
11-07-2003, 06:37 PM
OK, people. I have heard the calls! You have gotten through and I am breaking free of my inertia! Kempyd even pm'd me to get my a' back in here and I moaned and groaned and gave her some major self-pity b.s. But Dips and Noelle, with you two joining in, wow! I could not resist.

I'm getting hooked up to a faster, money-saving way to get online as well so I can write more. Can't believe the amount of posts on this thread.

Dips, your pix are fantastic. You are one hot surfer girl! I couldn't tell from your avatar pic that you had such long beautiful hair. What a knockout!

Ok, I've got to get to work here. I'll catch up with you all soon.

Thanks, all, for being so sweet! :dance:

jbbm
11-07-2003, 06:53 PM
Bye Noelle. Please be safe and have fun, you deserve it! We are going to miss you sooooooooooo much! Btw congrats on the loss!

Thanks Angie. I don't feel like I am doing good at times.

Welcome back Red. It is nice to hear from you again.

Everyone have a nice weekend.
Julie
:)

jldg888
11-07-2003, 09:48 PM
Hello All!

Urgghhh...I thought today was going to be an easy day, but no can do. Everyone is switching offices since one of the girls is leaving and I got pulled into it unfortunately. I got a humongo filing cabinet and a nice black leather chair out of it though. I call it my fat a** chair cuz it fits my butt!!!

Noelle - Awwww!!! I hope you have tons of fun!!!! Sa wat di ka to everyone there....unfortunately that's all I remember from that class...sad huh? Oh well. Have a wonderful trip and have a safe flight...how many hours??? Ooo and do tons of shopping too (I'm so jealous!) :) Congrats on your loss!

Hey Dips - come sta lei facendo? Love your pics. Looks like you had lots of fun! Haven't been to Disney anything in a long time...well except the disney store...but that doesn't count. Like the wave...wish I could do the same thing here!

Cherie - Thanks for the tip...I'm lookin at MP3 players now. That's a great idea. I usually take my CD player but it's sooo big, and the last time I dropped it. I have a MD player too but it's too hard to record songs on it. I'm gonna try and work up my stamina so I could do more miles too.

Julie - Congrats on not gaining anymore weight. I'm still afraid to go on the scale. I actually need to bye a new one. Mine's all rusty and probaly not accurate. I'm gonna try and watch the Martha Stewart interview 2-nite. I feel bad for her though...Enron guys get away with it all the time...

Kempy - I definitely talk to you guys more than I talk to some of my family. Maybe I should start a forum for my family too! Nah...but yah - looks like me and Noelle are doin the Great Aloha Run. I hope I can run for most of it. I'll take lots of pics!

Angie - You're so funny...they do keep the head on. And actually for Filipino's, they have a custom of roasting the entire pig and putting it on the table with an apple in it's mouth...pretty weird! You should come here!!! There's a bunch of luau's we can take you too!!!

Aloha to Darc, Fern, and Red! Okay, back to work...yeah it's friday!!!

melekalikimaka
11-08-2003, 05:17 AM
Hey everybody, it's LATE Friday night and I just about got all my packing done. Just wanted to pop in and say BYE, I'll miss you all and will be thinking of all of you. Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Jacks, you're too funny with your leather chair. Yes, LOTS of shopping is definitely on the agenda. I think the flight to Japan is about 8.5 hours, then from Japan to Bangkok is another 5--headwinds this time around. Coming home should be much faster.

Red, I'll be at the Narita airport somewhere within the next 24 hours, I'll yell "Konnichiwa" really loudly and maybe you'll hear me :lol:.

Again ladies, have a great weekend and don't party too hard. I'll catch up with you all when I get back.

ALOHA!

calnative
11-08-2003, 06:27 AM
Hello,
I am new here and was wondering if I can join you? I am also battling weight loss. I've looked through some of the postings and it looks like everyone is doing so well with losing. I hope I can do so well.

I work with kids all day (Middle School Teacher) and I don't really get much adult interaction. Of course, I have my husband, but he doesn't have the weight issue. I'm so jealous.

I live in sunny Arizona. The temp is finally reasonable. The highs now are in the 70's. I have a 6 year old daughter who just started kindergarten this year.

I have had the weight problem for nearly all my life. When I was 14 I weighed only 98 pounds (I think everyone was thinner in the 70's) :) It was the only time I did not have a problem and I still thought I was fat.

I just had a complete physical and my doctor said I am completely healthy, I just need to lose a few pounds....a few?!?!:eek: Try about 75. I currently weigh 292. I have a lean weight of 176 so the doctor said I should aim for a goal of 220. So, that's my goal. Once I get there I can aim for the goal of under 200. In my glory days I used to play tennis, racquetball, and run track: that's where I got the muscle buildup. The weight started coming on as a protection when every guy I met only wanted one thing and more than one tried to get it without permission. It has taken me over 20 years to get over it and realize that I don't need protection.

I look forward to getting to know all of you. I also look forward to the support I so desperately need.

Thanks for letting me join in.

Calnative

angieME
11-08-2003, 09:39 AM
Noelle, BYE!!

Jacks, Congrats on your fat a** Chair. :lol: You really are funny! :lol:

Julie, I think you are doing great. Any loss or maintain is exactly where we need to be and you are doing it . YEAH!!!

Calnative, WELCOME!! Arizona,huh? You get to battle the heat and I get to battle the cold. I couldnt take the extreme heat either and I absolutely HATE the cold. You will love these girls. They are the best buds in the world. I have battled my weight really hard since I met my husband(his parents had a bakery and sub shoppe) As soon as I met him I started to gain until after I had 3 kids I ended up at 265.5 pounds. I had a moment one night after I ate an entire box of suzieQ's bymyself that I didnt want to be that person so the next day I totally changed my way of eating and started to exercise every day for a year and lost all the weight and got down to 130 pounds. Then came Christmas and little tastes of all the good food and bam I lost control again and gained my weight back up to 206.5 pounds and that is when I came here and met these great girls. I am currently trying to undo the damage that I did within the last 2 weeks because I went on a little binge. I would have to say the weeks of saying to heck with it,I am eating whatever I want are the hardest part for me because I think I ate 3 cheesecakes this last time and chinese and Wendy's every day. That is so embarrassing to me because I cant control it when it happens and it makes me feel like such a failure. Usually I will start to feel so bloated and crappy that I get back on track. I am trying so hard to figure out how to stop that cycle because I dont want to yoyo for the rest of my life.*Sorry to ramble on*

Anyways, I am a married mom to 3(ages,12,10 and 10), I have 2 dogs Rebel(2 1/2 year old Jack Russell Terrier) and Candi(1 1/2 year old Keeshond),4 cats and 1 fish. I am a baker for a living(Me and my husband Jay work together).

Welcome to this thread just make yourself right at home.

Dips'n'twists
11-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Ciao LAdies,

Calnative, welcome welcome welcome! I have a soft spot for teachers, it takes a patient human being to put up with middle schoolers all day. I like ya already :) Like you I have a man who has no weight problems what so ever, ( don't you just wanna choke em)

I haven't been out to AZ either but I'm sure I've flown over it plenty of times with all the traveling I've done. Anyways, good to have you and I look forward to shring issues with you.

Angie- I can't tell you how many times people mistook my mom and me as sisters. Still she would definately be tickled by Jay's comment. I know I've inherited her sense of youth because I went to my sister's school and they thought I was a student. I have no complaints though, believe you me.I didn't get to sea world because we did all the parks and then went to some circus thing. I'll get back to it when I go to see Jamie.

Hey JACKS- What's good! You are a funny gal:lol: But I would be too chicken to surf for real. And your right I had a blast in FLA. I can't wait to go back on monday.

RED!!!- I'm so happy you peeked in. Thank you for the compliment and don't be a stranger!! You know it's not the same w/o You.

Cheri- Hey girl- still on a roll I see. You are so determined. I so admire that about you. Over 5 miles to run?! I don't do that unless I'm ordered to :lol: You are coming along beautifully.

Kempy- I've kept my hair up so long even I forgot how long it was. It feels good to wear it down again. My mom"s hair was just as long but she cut it. Since those pics I've put highlights in it to get awy from the plain black (though most peopel begged me not to) I'll post some pics of my new do when I get the chance. Speaking of pics...Your haloween ones are a scream (no pun intended) You guys have so much fun on holidays. I'd love to hang with you.

Jamie lives in Hollywood, the FT LAuderdale area, I don't know where that is in reference to pensacola but if we have the chance to get together I would love that. Imagine a couple of us WI chicks finally making a physical connection !!

Hi Julie- Let me know if you ever whip up a cool recipe so you can tell the rest of us if it is worth trying

I gotta go play with the kids now, they keep calling me. TTYL Girlies and if I missed you this trip please forgive me and blame the kids.

-Dips-

calnative
11-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Hello Dips,

Glad to know you. I noticed that you were in Italy. What part? We go to Italy about every 2 years because my husband is from a small town about 30 minutes from Venice. I love Italy and I enjoy going over there.

I do feel welcome here. Thank you to everyone.

Just wanted to post that thank you before I tackle the homework grading. I have 122 students and I teach Language Arts: that's a lot of papers to read. :eek: After awhile I get sooo bleary eyed. :dizzy:
Take care.

Cal

Dips'n'twists
11-09-2003, 08:01 AM
CAlnative,

You just made me realize I have to change my Avatar info pretty soon. Anyways, I was in the city of Vicenza, about 45 minutes outside of Venice. I too loved it there. I just went to the Olive Garden Last night and I had to stuggle not to order everything in Italian :) I guess I miss it more than I thought I would.

I don't know why I'm up so early (7 am) maybe it's the soldier in me that has to get up at with the sun. AT any rate I'm going to try to peel my baby brother off my bed ( He climed into bed with me in the middle of the night) I'm touched but that child is a crazy sleeper. TTYL

-Dips-

redballoon
11-09-2003, 10:02 AM
Hi there, Dips, I just saw you posted. I just got done watching a really cool Chinese movie. Had to put on my new glasses to read the Japanese subtitles. Oh, God! Am I weird or what. Heh, I know how it feels to be missing a language, the sound of it, the way it feels rolling off your tongue. But it's yours, kid, always will be, no one can take it away. Revel in that thought and remember, you'll use it again someday, when you feel like it, maybe by plan, maybe by chance. It's a real cool feeling and it's YOURS!

calnative
11-09-2003, 10:04 AM
Hey Dips,

I was in Vicenza last March. I interviewed with the principal of the elementary school (a DoDDS school). She would have hired me if I'd already had a Reading endorsement on my certificate. Maybe next time.:crossed: My husband and I would like to go to Europe, Italy especially, because all of his family is there. We go as often as we can because we want our daughter to know her family there and we want them to know her.

It warmed up here yesterday. Got up to 82. Felt pretty warm, but not warm enough for the air conditioner. Made me feel pretty tired. :yawn:

Take care everyone.

Cal

angieME
11-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Good Morning girls. I didnt walk yesterday because it was FREEZING and so windy. I didnt go outside at all yesterday. :lol: I did make a turkey dinner and managed to clean the whole house and just vegged with Jay and the kids for the day. It was nice.

Today we HAD to walk so off we go. I was wearing my winter coat/hood up and my gloves. I am freezing my butt off!!! My fingers are all numb and the fronts of my legs sting. Have I said lately that winter sucks? :lol:

I made it through yesterday pretty good although the pumpkin parfaits were so good that I had 2. I didnt add any fat when I made them so I am in great shape...plus its a veggie,right?

Dips, Have a safe flight tomorrow. Are you staying for the week again? Have fun and say hi to Jamie for me.

redballoon
11-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Hi there calnative. I see you're online and I was too so I just wanted to say hello and welcome! :wave: Hope to hear lots from you. I'm pretty new here and then I was away and now I'm making a comeback so let's give 'em all an earful!! :lol:

calnative
11-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Hello Red, :wave:

I see that you are in Japan. What part? We lived in South Korea about 5 years ago. My husband went to Japan for a couple of days then because of a problem with his visa. He went to Fukuoka. I haven't been there yet, but I'd like to visit someday. Thank you for your warm welcome.

Angie: My husband's brother is a baker, too. He owns his own bakery in Italy. He makes some wonderful, devilish delights.:devil: Last time we went to Italy he made 2 cakes for us to bring back to the states with us. I've learned to make some pretty healthy dishes. I even make my own tomato sauce which I think is pretty good, but my husband always mentions that it's not as good as his mother makes: even though I learned from her. I'll share it later if anyone is interested. Stay warm. I'll try to send some Arizona sun to you. :sunny:

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Dips: Hope you have a great trip.

Cal

angieME
11-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Good Morning! I had a little run in with some Blue Bunny last night. It was fat free though. :lol: I ate way more than I should have but I am on track today.

Cal, I would love some of that Arizona sun today. We have ice in the swimming pool. Yuck.

I dont have much to report today so I will check back later. I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Dips'n'twists
11-10-2003, 10:49 AM
Cal- You're telling me that you interviewed for the Vicenza elementary school and that we were in the same spot at the same time and didn't even know it?? Wow, small world. The elemenatry kids were pretty sweet too, it's those raggedy highschoolers you have to watch out for. I was also in South Korea from 2000 to 2001.

Red- I do miss speaking the laguage but I do it whenever I can because as you said it's mine. Plus I learned freom past experience that if you don't speak a laguage you'll forget it, QUICKLY. How are things with you anyways.

Angie- I feel your chills. In NY the hawk is hitting us as well but I'll be soakin up either sun or rain in FL.

Kempy- Let me know how far you are from Fort LAuderdale andmaybe we can do lunch or something.

Well I have to finish packing and I probably won't be back online right away as Jamie still does not have the internet at home, I'll probably go to Kinkos or something. TTYL

-Dips-

Kempyd
11-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Dips Pensacola is 2 1/2 hours from my house and Ft. Luaderdale is probably another 11 hours away. I would say it isn't very close. It is a shame though that ou aren't going to be closer. Maybe you should try to look up Gennel. We need to see what she is doing these days anyway.

Angie you are more than welcome to head down here in the RV. You would really love the food down here it is kind of spicy (I am used to it though). I could cook you my famous red beans and rice if you make it down here. There are so many cool things that we could do. Joe could get his dads airboat and we could take you out in the swamps.

Cal I am glad that you got to join in. I think you will get all of the help that you need here.

RED!!!!! Look at you finally getting back in here. You just keep checking in and we will keep giving all of the support that we can.

Jacks I have one of those chairs too. They are kind of a curse though. I am to comfy in it to want to get up and move around much. I have a stool at the front desk that is murder on your butt and your back and believe me I moved around more when I was up there the whole time.

jbbm
11-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Good Morning Girls

Angie I had a run in last night with ice cream too. Actually ice cream sundaes:o. And it was not fat free! So don't feel so bad.

Kempy how was your weekend with your girlfriend? Did she whip your house into shape and do some cooking for ya? Hope it was fun.

My weekend was pretty uneventful, which was nice and relaxing.
I ate to much but I am going to start pounding the water and try to flush my system of all the fat. Bye for now. Julie

angieME
11-10-2003, 12:17 PM
I have been meaning to ask if anyone has heard from Gennel. I tried to email her the same time I did Di but I never heard anything from her. I would love to hear how she has settled into her new house.

Kempyd
11-10-2003, 03:36 PM
I can tell when everyone is busy, the board is quiet. I have been sitting here thinking about a new job. I am have a severe burn out going on and that is not a good thing. My mom noticed it as soo as she walked in the door this morning. I hate being in a constant bad mood. It isn't good for me to feel this way. I am tyring to figure out where I could go and only work part time but still make the same amount per hour. I seriously doubt that place is real. I will have to keep my eyes open.

I hope you all are having a good day and that is what is keeping you from the board.

See ya later.

jldg888
11-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Hey girls...

I hope everyone is having a great Monday. I did not want to get out of bed today. Yesturday I did a spring cleaning in my apartment and went through all of my old clothes and shoes. I donated about 10 pairs of shoes and 2 bags of clothes. Felt refreshing to clean out the closet and cabinets FINALLY. I got a bad allergic reaction to all of the dust and didn't get to sleep until about 1:00 in the morning.

I was really bad this weekend though, especially Sunday. Saturday me and Kel about 10 miles through Waikiki and back. But then I got so hungry and had myself a McDonalds happy meal. Then Sunday, I ate Dunkin Donuts and Taco Bell. I'm feeling it now and trying to flush it out with a lot of water. I hope to get out of here fast so I can run to they gym!!!

Well, better get back to work...urgghhhh!!! Have a great day everyone!!!!

-jacks;)

angieME
11-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Me and jay took a walk this afternoon with the dogs and we were going up the hill and who should come driving up the hill but animal control. He picked the exact time that a kid came out from beside his house on a bike and Rebel has to try to get to bikes(or skateboards or skates or anything with a wheel) He parked right there and watched us walk by the kid and then drove by and was at a house while we walked by. He made sure to come out to the sidewalk to ask us if we had ever had any problems with the dog from that house but I know he just wanted too see how Rebel would act around him. I wished they would just let it go that he was a hyper pup when that kid got nipped. He probably would still nip but not out of meanness, he is just really hyper around new people especially kids because he can jump up to their level. I hate that he is labeled mean when he is nothing but a big baby with us.

I sampled my brownies tonight and the crust from the kids pot pie(homemade and so good) I am in a snacking mood. How come it seems so easy to slip off the wagon and is so hard to just stay on it?

jbbm
11-10-2003, 08:16 PM
Hi Jacks our only Hawaii girl here today. I miss Noelle all ready!
Jacks don't feel bad just put it behind you and move on. I ate pretty bad this weekend too.

For supper tonight I made taco salads and I just got done eating but I still want to go through my cupboards and find something to munch on. What is up with that? I am just going to try and drink water instead. I just keep thinking to myself I want to get a new dress for Christmas and I don't want to feel huge.

Cherie where are ya? Everyone including myself, I think we all had a busy Monday. Did anyone watch the Elizabeth Smart movie last night? I thought it was pretty good. I just still can not believe what she has went through. Well anyway girls thought I would just check in. Bye for now.

jbbm
11-10-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi Angie, it is so weird you and I are in the same snacking mood. I think it is just this cold weather. I am sitting here freezing right now. I just can't warm up. I turned the heat up to 71!!!! Give Rebel a hug for me!

angieME
11-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Yeah I agree Julie. Also it doesnt help that during the summer I would be walking or outside right now and now all I can do is sit in the house.

I missed the movie. Did he rape her? I couldnt believe it when they found her alive. that truly was amazing and she seems so well adjusted after an ordeal like that too.

jldg888
11-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Hey girls...

Talk about snaking...I think eating Taco Bell and Dunkin Donuts really did it to me - now I can't stop!!!

I watched part of the Elizabeth Smart movie last night. I like watching Charmed too. I saw the ending of the movie. It made me cry!!! It was sooooo sad. I can't believe those people. I hope they stay in jail for a long time!!!

-jacks

jbbm
11-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Angie I could not believe it either when she was found. It was amazing. I think I heard she was a victim of sexual crime. Sad....

calnative
11-10-2003, 11:32 PM
Hello everyone, :wave:

With the time difference, it seems that I get online after all of you are in bed. :tired: I usually spend time with my daughter and I try not to go online until she's in bed. Luckily, she goes to bed at 8pm.

Hubbie is out tonight: working. I'm a free woman. :s: Of course, I'm so tired from school today. There must have been a full moon or something last night because the kids were really crazy today. :devil: Only 5 1/2 weeks until winter break. :cb: :cb:

Angie: I'm sorry, but the sun will have to wait. Someone took it. The high today was only 71 and it was heavy overcast all day. :sorry:

Dips: Unfortunately, I had not found this site back in March. If I had, we definitely could have met up in Vicenza. Looks like we'll be going back there (Italy) in June. With my husband's family there, we do go often. I told him that I'd like to go to Italy just once as a tourist. I have yet to stay at a hotel. Once we went to Rome for 6 days, but we have friends there and they always give us one of their apartments whenever we go there. I always like to tell people that we have an apartment in Rome. :lol:
Enjoy Florida.

Hello to everyone else. I do look forward to getting to know everyone.

Some of you were lamenting falling off the wagon. I'm still trying to get on. I keep feeling like such a failure. I want so much to lose this weight, but I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.:(
I think I might start an eating journal. I don't want to use the word diet. Maybe if I really see what I do every day that I will be able to finally get a handle on what I need to do to get on the wagon. I saw a movie once "Savannah Smiles" where this kid kept running to catch up to his friends in the back of a truck. No matter how hard he ran he just couldn't catch them. Finally, with a change of heart and some life lessons learned, he caught the truck and was able to get on with his friends. The image of those scenes keeps coming to me and I feel like that little boy.

I do enjoy reading your posts and seeing how you are all succeeding. I will keep working at it.

Have a great evening. Enjoy Veteran's Day and thank a special veteran.

Thanks, Dips.

Cal

angieME
11-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Jacks, I was the same way yesterday. I ate a small bag of wow chips and a tootsie sucker then I went to my bedroom to keep from eating any more and my husband comes up with the bright idea of baking a pack of those pop up biscuits and putting peanut butter on them. SO WE DID!! Yikes!

Julie, I agree with Jacks and I hope they stay in prison for a long long time. It is so scary how many wackos there are in the world.

Cal, that movie sounds interesting. The thing that I always remember is that "Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels". Now tell me that when I am in a snacking mood and I would say to heck with it....until after I had eaten what I wanted and the guilt sets in anyways. That seems to be the way it works out for me lately.

Got in my walk this morning. My oldest daughter even came with us. It was funny because she wasnt too happy when she learned that me and dad walk 3 miles in the morning. She said well, you didnt tell me it was 3 miles. :lol:

Thanks Dips!

Have a great day girls!

Kempyd
11-11-2003, 11:02 AM
Yeah to Dips and to all of our veterans. Because of them we are able to live the way we do.

I just finished reading the Carbohydrate Addicts book and it made some sence to me. I didn't read it to o the plan but I thought I would try it I mean what is it going to hurt. I have one meal a day that for 1 hour I can eat what ever I feel like eating. I need to try and make it balanced though. I can have full fat stuff and even sweets if I want it. I am trying it today. I will have to keep tabs on how easy it is (or isn't).

Cal I think keeping a journal is great. It really helps you work through things.

Jacks did you say Taco Bell? I love that place. Mmm I might just have to make that my reward meal one day. :lol:

Julie do you have a heater in your office? I need to get on e for this year. I am not going to spend another winter sitting on one hand while i try to type with the other frozen one. I hope you are feeling a little happier to day too!

Angie what time do you get up to go walking in the morning? I am to lazy to get up early, especially when it is cold outside. You are a stronger woman than I am.

Cherie did you lose so much that you have blown away? :lol: Check back in when you get a chance.

:wave: Hey red!!!

jbbm
11-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Good Morning Girls

Well I feel good today, yesterday I made it without cheating and for breakfast I did well also this morning. I don't think I am going to step on the scale until Friday or Saturday. I drank a ton of water yesterday also. I would like to maintain this weight this month or better lose five pounds this month. I know it seems like a lot, this month is already almost half over! Then come Thanksgiving......... I just love that meal.

Kempy I meant at home I have the heat up. My husband gets mad at me because I always have it turned up. He doesn't seem to get cold like me. On a positive note it is suppose to be in the fifties here! That book sounds interesting. Tells us how it goes today after being on plan.

Angie I agree with Kempy, you are totally motivated to get up and walk when it is so cold in the morning. You are doing great excercising!

Hey Dips thinking of you today.

Cal I think a journal is a good idea.

Jacks isn't it hard once you taste something so good like Taco Bell or doughnuts you just want more? I do! Hang in there you will get back on track.

Cherie Hi! And to everyone else.....
Julie

angieME
11-11-2003, 12:33 PM
How weird are we? :lol: We just went out and put up all of our Christmas lights. haha It is pretty mild today so we figured we had better do it now.

I do my walks around 7 or 8 in the morning. I do them around 6 in the summertime before it gets hot. It is easy to do because I go pee as soon as I get up and both dogs come in and stare at me until I say wanna go for a walk. haha. It is so much easier because by the time I figure out that it really was too cold to walk I am already at the bottom of the hill and by then I might as well finish it. Plus I am trying to walk as long as there isnt snow because last year I kicked myself in the *** when it snowed and I could have walked on dry pavement even though it was cold for a month before that.

Julie, I am EXACTLY the same way. I dont seem to get satisfied when I eat something good like sweets or take out. I just want to eat it for every meal of the day for a week straight. I wonder why we do that? I would love to have the mentality of a naturally thin person. CONGRATS on making it all day yesterday without cheating. I have already snuck into the peanut butter today. I will have to try harder today to be good the rest of the day.

jbbm
11-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Hey Angie think about the positives of Peanut Butter, it has the good kind of fat in it and it is high in protein so it helps fill you up! So don't feel bad. I admit since I have been trying to cut down on my carbs I will have some peanut butter on a spoon for a snack or a meal. It is so good:), in moderation.

Kempyd
11-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey guys. check out this site about the book I am reading. I don't know if will help but the book talks about why we bieng on thing like carbs and sugar. www.carbohydrateaddicts.com

I am sooo not having a happy day here today. I am not going to go into details just yet b/c I am trying to calm myself down. I will let you know a little later what is happening.

jbbm
11-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Kempy sorry hon, I hope your day starts looking up. Thanks for the website. Julie

angieME
11-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Kempy, are you feeling any better yet? I am sorry you are having a hard time with your job lately. You want to come work with me? :lol:

angieME
11-11-2003, 05:55 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kempy, I loved that joke, One mans workout. Too funny!!!

Kempyd
11-11-2003, 06:13 PM
Angie if I didn't hate the cold I would work with you. You wouldn't be able to get me to move from in front of the oven if I went up there right now. When I tell you I am cold natured I mean it. I get chilly when it is in the 60's.

I feel a little better. I had to call Joe and tell him about it so it made me feel better. It always helps to have him to vent to. I knew I married him for something. :lol:

We are going to eat sushi tonight for my reward meal. :cp: I am soooo ready to leave now.

jldg888
11-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Hello ladies!

It feels nice to have a day off. I slept in until 10:30 but now I have a headache from oversleeping. I was so good yesturday until I got home. Kel's brother was in town and so we went out with him and I got hungry so I got some sushi and edamame (boiled soy beans). When that wasn't enough - I got a plate of honey glazed chicken and fried rice at the mall. I only ate a few bites, but I know I shouldn't have eaten that at all. Man do I feel like a slump today. I'm trying to get my butt out of the house, but I am just in this lazy mood today...urghhh. I had so many things to do but now I don't feel like doing any of it - and it's already noon!!!

Kempy - definitely love that website. Lots of great info....now I know!!! I hope you are having a better day. You can come and work with me too! I'll even let you have my fat a** chair!!!

Angie - I wish I could put up christmas lights at my place. I got a grouchy old neighbor, so I'd rather not do it. I try and put them up inside my apartment but it's not the same! Yummy peanut butter and biscuits.

Julie - Good for you!!! I'm going to try and follow in your footsteps today. Except I had a little accident and opened up a bag of taro chips from the Big Island. They are soooo yummy!!! I swear that taco bell and dunkin donuts are going to be the death of me!!!

Cal - Don't even worry about the time difference. Everytime I post in the morning they're already taking about dinner!!! Don't think you're a failure either. The first step if recognizing the problem. For the longest time I denied it myself saying "I'll lose the weight next month" but every week something else in my closet didn't fit. It wasn't until I booked my airline tickets to fly back to my hometown that I slapped myself in the face and said I need to lose weight before I go back home. Find your goal and work towards that. There will be some pitfalls (like my tacobell/donut episode) but these girls will get you back on track. Good luck girlie!!! You can do it!

Hi Noelle in Bankok...hope you're having fun!!! You're missing the nice cool weather today...hee hee!

Hey Dips and Cherie - Hope you're having a great day.

Talk to ya'll later. I need to get my butt out of this house!!!

-Jacks

Kempyd
11-12-2003, 10:36 AM
Wow, no one was here last night? I was thinking that I would get here and I would have lots of reading to do.

Joe and I watched Harry Potter last night and I really liked it. I would much rather watch movies at home so that I can be in my fat pants. I don't think it would be pretty if I went to the theater in them. :lol:

The eating plan is doing pretty good. I only did one day but at least I got through it. I am a little hungry between meals but I am used to eating every 3 hours so my stomach is growling like clock work every 3 hours now. I am drinking some serious water and tea to try to help with that. It was great though b/c I got to eat sushi and some seasame chicken plus a few pieces of chocolate and I didn't gain anything, I lost .5 of a pound. Hey, at least it is something. I am supposed to weight everyday the same way and keep a record. At the end of the week I have to average it together to see what the loss was. The book says that I shouldn't lose to quickly about 1-2 lbs a week. Which is the correct amount anyway. I will keep you all informed of any changes though.

I hope everyone is doing ok! I'll chat at ya later!

angieME
11-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Hi Kempy. I did bad last night. I baked 5 cookies and ate them all!! Plus some other stuff, it seems like the closer we get to going to Florida the more I am screwing up...maybe I dont want to look good, I dont know. It sure seems like I am sabotaging myself an awful lot lately. I wished I could get the same drive and determination now that I get when I hit 200 pounds and over. It seems like 200 makes me realize that I have to lose weight and when I get down low it doesnt seem as important.

Congrats on making it through the day yesterday. Good for you girl!!

Do ya think Noelle is having a blast? I hope so. Where did everyone go anyways? It sure seems like alot come and go doesnt it. At least we are always here.

I am looking up screen rooms to attach to the awning on the RV. Those suckers are expensive!! I am going to go pick one up this weekend this way I wont have to worry about the dogs getting loose in Florida while the kids are coming and going, plus it will add a little more privacy to our campsight.

Kempyd
11-12-2003, 12:24 PM
Angie that is why I like this plan. I can have what I want to eat in my reward meal. I don't feel guilty after I eat either. I know that I have followed the plan and i am going to do ok. I ordered the other book that goes with the one I read off of Amazon for $1. I should get it this week sometime. It has a few revisions to the book. They have kept up the research over the years and have needed to tweak things.

I bet Noelle is having a great time. I know I do when I go on vacation. I just hope she hasn't shopped herself out. That would just be a crime. :lol:

Everytime we pass an RV dealer I sigh really loud for Joe to hear me. I wonder if it is working. ;) I think those add on sreens are cool. That way your doggies can enjoy outside too. I don't think you should have a problem with mosquitos when you are there. It usually takes a few good days of cool weather to get rid of them and I think we are about to have some. :cp:

My boss just pulled his usual stuff today. I told him something that I think needs to change and he told me to make a list for him so that he can talk to the people. I gave him the same list last month and he didn't do it. AAUUGGHH!!!!! Why do I even do what I have to do? I think I just want to work the front desk again so I can do the little things here and then go home!

jbbm
11-12-2003, 12:57 PM
Hey Angie count me in I am here! I have been here since August I can't beleive how those months flew by. I wish I would keep losing more steadily but anyway just keep trying. I did bad last night too. I had the usual little ones meal which included chicken nuggets and french frys. Why did I do that! I guess it is called convience when I am so busy.

Gosh I sure do miss Noelle. She is really doing great on weight watchers and it was great hearing about it! I bet she is having a grand old time!

Kempy is there a specific carb amount you can have? I hope you have a better day at work. Check in later guys. Julie

Kempyd
11-12-2003, 01:09 PM
Julie that is what is great about it, I don't have to count anything. I just make sure not to have carbs during the day and then for my reward meal at dinner Ican have what I want. the book has it esplained a little better. I do have to break down the plate I get into 1/3 and fill each third with what I want but I still get to have things like lasagna with real cheese. I havn't made it in so long b/c I din't think I should be eating it but I can have it now.

Also, on the site I read yesterday that they think it may help with SAD. Goodness know I need all of the help I can get. It was under the FAQ's section.

Don't sweat what you had last night for dinner. Just look at today and try to make it better.

jbbm
11-12-2003, 02:15 PM
Thanks for the reply Kempy, you made me smile:)! You know I might have to buy that book. Because I do good during the day at breakfast and lunch staying low carb but at supper I want what everyone else is having like spaghetti, baked potatoes and whatever else. Btw I love lasanga. I remember a couple of years ago for Easter my mom was out of town and so were my inlaws so I said to my husband lets have lasanga this year, we don't have to have the traditional ham every year. It is kind of alot of work to make but I love it. And the leftovers are great. God I am getting hungry thinking about this. Gotta love that garlic bread also!

I will have to check out that SAD section also. It is so hard hibernating all winter. Well lets just think how good we will all look next summer!

angieME
11-12-2003, 06:46 PM
Tonight was bad. I made homemade mac and cheese and no bake cookies. It was a nice comfort food night though. I havent had real mac and cheese forever it seems.

I am looking through my Drs. Foster and Smith book for Christmas costumes for the dogs. HAHA I am a mean doggie mommy. :lol:

jbbm
11-12-2003, 07:57 PM
Gosh Angie what is wrong with us? We seem to both be staying OP for a while and now for me it is totally down the tubes. Tonight was pizza, need I say more:o :lol:! I love homemade mac and cheese. My mom always use to make it for us. I could live on that stuff. My real temptation tonight is going to be the pumpkin ice cream in the freezer. I guess we both have goals and we have to remember that, I want to look great in a new christmas outfit and you want to look great for Florida. We can do it!

How fun that you dress up your doggies. :) Julie

angieME
11-12-2003, 08:31 PM
Pumpkin ice cream? Cool, is it good? Where do you get it? I love anything Pumpkin.

jbbm
11-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Angie its Edy's brand. Its great....taste like frozen pumpkin pie. Just the right amount of nutmeg in it! I just get it at my grocery store.

calnative
11-12-2003, 11:33 PM
Hello everyone, :wave:

I'm sorry that I haven't said anything lately. We have progress reports due on Friday and I have 122 to fill out. :eek:

The weather last night and today has been fabulous. :rain: I know. I know. But when you live in the desert you take what you can. :D

I get so busy I know I am really wreaking havoc on this weight loss. Reading the other posts, it is nice to know that I'm not the only one. I went into school this morning at 6:30-no breakfast, no lunch (was busy and forgot to eat); had pasta, peas, and corn for dinner (it was my daughter's idea). Later, we watched "Finding Nemo" for the umpteenth time (my daughter has half the dialogue memorized); :corn: It is a cute movie, though.

I'm sitting here now with hubbie at work and Ashley in bed. The window is open and it is really pouring outside. Last time we had heavy rains we ended up with a lake in the backyard. My brother asked me if we had good fishing in it. :lol:

The temp is only 66 outside. Warmer in the house right now, but with the window open it is nice.

Have a great evening everyone.

Cal

redballoon
11-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Sorry, everyone for not posting. I'm SO busy it's not funny. Flying to L.A. next week and everything is hitting the fan. But, I'm up for it! Gotta go juice some veggies now for energy. Just got done with a translation. Gotta do my crunches for the 21-day challenge, then run and teach, then meet to try to drum up more work. Tokyo life is hectic!!

Kempyd
11-13-2003, 11:23 AM
Cal do you live in a place like i see on TV. A bunch of houses with cactus everywhere. Don't take that the wrong way I have never been to AZ so all I see comes from the TV. I am sure you think I live in the swamp. I do live kind of close to it though. :lol:

Red you sound really busy. What are you flying to LA for?

Angie now post this morning? Is everything ok?

Hey Jacks and Julie, whats up?

I am just sitting here at working trying to make myself look busy. I am sure I could find something to do if I wanted to. I am on my 3rd day of the plan and I feel like I am doing ok. I will see what happens at the end of the week though.

angieME
11-13-2003, 11:38 AM
Good Morning. I just got my haircut...FINALLY!!! I made an appointment for December 18 to get it cut and highlighted before vaca.

Diet has been derailed. I dont know why I do that but I do. It is Sad I know. I need to get my head out of my *** and just do it.

Kempy, Do you have alligators around your house? I mean like if you just went into the woods for a walk could you run into one or poisonous snakes or spiders? As you can see I never paid attention in geography. :lol:

Kempyd
11-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Angie I have to go about 2-3 miles form my house to see a gator. I have been on the airboat though and come across a few. Trust me you don't stick around when you do. There is a school way down in south LA that put up a fence around the school b/c gators were crawling out of the water and into the yard. I have to pass that school to get to my grandmothers. We do have a few snakes and spiders. I try to keep my interact to a minimum. :lol:

jbbm
11-13-2003, 12:27 PM
Good Morning girls,
I think I have a plan I might go back to totally low carbing, like no bread or potatoes or sugar for two weeks until Thanksgiving. I just felt so much better when I was sticking to it. I was had a less bloated feeling and had more energy. I might do phase 1 of the south beach. Anyone want to join with me, not to do the sbd but just to stay on track for the next two weeks until Thanksgiving day and then we all can treat ourselves a little bit? I sent all the rest of my favorite Halloween chocolates with my husband so my hungry little hands can not get on them.

Angie do you like your haircut? I bet it looks cute. Is it short?

Kempy gators I would be freaked out! I just hate finding spiders in my house. I have to like close my eyes and grab them with a napkin. Oh god it is getting me nervous thinking about them.

Hi Red and everyone else. Cherie where are ya, I have no one to talk about the Bachelor with! Julie

angieME
11-13-2003, 12:42 PM
Julie, I wont even kill them haha I make the kids or Jay do it. I never used to be that bad but when we first moved here we lived way in the woods and we had these HUGE wood spiders in our house ALL the time and I got so petrified of them that I cant even look at one now.

I am going to try to stay on track for the night tonight to see how I do. I did have no bake cookies for breakfast but I am going to try to talk myself into not over eating for the rest of the day.

angieME
11-13-2003, 02:50 PM
Where is Cherie this week? Did she have to leave town and I missed it or something?

jbbm
11-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Angie I don't remember her saying she had to go anywhere.?.
Today for lunch I made deviled eggs. They are so good and easy to make. I always forget about making them. Usually only on holidays.

Did anyone go to Dr. Phils website and read his seven day menu? Its sounds like alot of food. I wonder how those people are all going to look after the series is done. I wish I had Dr. Phil checking up on me :drill: and keeping me in line. The weight loss challenge show was actually not on this week.

Kempy and Angie have you guys ever kept an online food journal here? If you did, did it help?

Hey Jacks hope you are having a nice day.

Noelle buddy I bet you are having a great time.

Kempyd
11-13-2003, 03:16 PM
I don't know where Cherie is, I haven't seen her around in awhile. Maybe we should PM her to get her back.

Julie I love deviled eggs. I bought stuff to make them. I am going to try to do them tonight. Joe is going to a dinner for a club that he is in so I will have plenty of time. As long as I can get it in before Friends.

I used to record everything in Fitday but I got a little obssesive with it. I had to stop b/c I was letting myself be controled by how much food I ate. Plus, I was tired of weighing and measuring everything I ate.

Angie I am sure you will be ok. You do so good when you set your mind to things.

angieME
11-13-2003, 05:31 PM
I usually only get deviled eggs at Easter time since the kids each have to color a ton of eggs. Jay loves em.

Julie, I used to keep track of everything I ate in my journal...before they changed them. I cant get into the new way they do it so I dont bother any more. I think it helped me in the beginning because i was so determined to lose it again and once I wrote it down I didnt want to change it so I just ate what I had written and nothing more.

Does Noelle come back on Monday. That would be the only bad thing about a vacation...you blink and it is over and you have to wait another year. But at least you get to have fun for a while. I still cant wait though.

angieME
11-13-2003, 08:32 PM
I made fat free hot dogs and baked fries for supper so hopefully I can not eat a bunch of junk at least for tonight so I can start to fel better. That would be nice.

I PM'd Cherie to make sure she was ok. Come back Cherie, we miss you.

jbbm
11-13-2003, 10:35 PM
Angie you can do this! Look how far you have come...you are strong! Great job at supper tonight. Tonight I had a cheeseburger without the bun and a salad. I am trying to cut down on my sugar. I don't know if that is what is getting me to feel so bloated? Btw glad you pm'ed Cherie. I miss her motivation! Take care girls

angieME
11-13-2003, 10:53 PM
Well, I did make it through tonight. YIPPEE!!! I hope some of the bloated feeling goes away tommorrow. Of course I do this right before the weekend so we will have to see how that works out.

Julie, I dont know if I could give up sugar, I am a big sugar addict. :lol: Good for you! We can do this, I know we can.

calnative
11-14-2003, 12:20 AM
Hello everyone,

Well the rains finally stopped. It was sunny today with some clouds around the valley. The temp got up to about 67 today. Just a nice day all around.

Kempy: There aren't too many cactus around my house, just trees and bushes. My front yard is a coarse sand and the back yard is just dirt. We've been waiting for the weather to cool so we could start putting grass seed in the back. Right now I have to get rid of as many rocks as I can. I started paying the neighbor kids 25 cents a pound for rocks. It's really working!!!;) It didn't take my daughter very long to figure out that the big rocks equaled big money!! What part of Louisiana are you in? My mother used to live just outside of Paris, Texas and we used to go to Shreveport.

Angie: We've got our sun back now. I'll send you some. :sunny: :sunny:

We have progress reports to get out by tomorrow. I have been sooo busy this week. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. :dancer:

I hope everyone is having a great week.

Cal

jldg888
11-14-2003, 04:13 AM
Hey Girls,

So sorry I haven't been able to post. Don't know where I've been for the past couple of days. I derailed A LOT on my diet, and I'm trying to get back on track. The good news is that I FINALLY fit into my old pants! whoo hoo! And I got a bunch of compliments at work. I'm really glad. Except now I'm sitting at the computer and there's a bag of chips in the fridge. Urgghhh...so tempting!

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing so good. I miss Noelle too! I hope she's having fun in Bankok and not buying too much stuff. Well, it's pretty late here but I'm gonna try and do this pilates workout I bought yesturday. I tried it out and it made my entire body sore! Means it's working right?

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday tomorrow. Talk to ya'll in the morning (well afternoon for everyone else).

friday....friday...friday!!! whoooo hoooo!!!!:D

angieME
11-14-2003, 09:41 AM
Good Morning. I did it yesterday, heres hoping for another good day.

Cal, I would love some of your heat up here. Today the wind is howling like crazy outside. The windchill is in the teens because of the wind. Needless to say, I wont be going outside for a walk. Time to build myself up to get on the elliptical. :lol:

Jacks, Hi. Congrats on fitting into your jeans again. YEAH!!!!! I hope you managed to resist the "evil" chips. I know how hard it is.

Julie, How did you do last night? Good I hope.

Kempy, Hey. How is your plan going?

Kempyd
11-14-2003, 10:44 AM
Cal I love plants so living out there would kill me. When I went to Denver I had to point out to Joe that no body had any plants on there decks. I live close to New Orleans. Shreveport is a good 6 hour drive from here. Needless to say we don't go up there. :Lol:

Jacks I can't wait to be able to fight into me jeans again. I have a pair on today but the button is undone. What a terrible feeling.

Angie the plan is going ok I guess I read on another site that what I am going through is normal and that everyone has follwoed the same path. I don't mind losing slow as long as it goes. Of course it would be nice to dorp a few pounds quickly but I guess if my body isn't ready to let go I can't force it. I am just going to keep on truckin'.

angieME
11-14-2003, 10:53 AM
I did my indoor workout. I am sweaty and gross feeling but I do feel like I did something. I hope I can remain focused to lose 8-10 pounds by the time we go to Florida. I seem to be holding weight right now. I weighed in at 148 this morning. YIKES!! For some reason the smaller I get then when I do go off plan for a while I bulk up 10 pounds like nothing and it wants to just stay.

jbbm
11-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Good Morning Girls

Angie my night went great last night. After supper I did not do any snacking, just water. I was tempted to have a pumpkin ice cream cone but I didn't. You know though eating ice cream in one of those small cones really controlls the amount of ice cream. I figure I can fit a half cup serving in one of those small cake cones.

Jacks great news about the pants:)! I would love to be able to get into an old pair of my jeans. I often joke it is like stuffing sausage trying to get into them:lol:!!!!

Kempy I guess the slow way is the right way to do it. Hope you have a good day at work. Do you get to get outta that place early today? Julie

angieME
11-14-2003, 03:05 PM
Way to go Julie. I am proud of you for resisting the ice cream. I have a problem resisting. but last night there was one cookie left and I gave it to my daughter to eat so I wouldnt.

The wind is so bad outside, I am half expecting the house to get picked up and land some where else. :lol:

Where is everybody today? Kempy, Whatcha doin?

Well, I had better get back to work.

jldg888
11-14-2003, 03:38 PM
HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY! HAPPY HAPPY FRIDAY!
:spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin: :spin:

Wow...this week sure felt like it went by fast! All the better though...time to relax this weekend. Hope everyone has some great plans for this weekend. I'm hopin to do a hike up Diamond Head. Kel threw out his back yesturday and so he's bed ridden. I hope he'll get better, but if not, I'll go by myself!!

Angie - I would love to get an elliptical trainer for my apt, but it's probaly too big. I'm already crammed with my yoga stuff, pilates ball, and ab roller in my living room. I hate doin the one at the gym, they're always all sweaty. I'm sure you can lose the weight before you go to Florida. When do you go?

Kempy - I'm feeling good about my pants. They're tight, but at least I can get them on. I hoping the tightness will keep me on track and from eating any snacks. Sounds like you're doin really well on your diet. I'm hoping to go get that book that you suggested this weekend.

Julie - Resisting ice cream...way to go!!! Unfortunately I wasn't that lucky last night with the chips. Semi-unconsciously I grabbed the back last night when I was on the computer and started chowin down. I realized what I was doing half way through the bag. I punished myself by doing 300 crunches. Now my tummy's sore. Oh well.

Cal - Man, bring some sun here too! It's been a bit sunny but we've had a lot of showers. The weather is cool but I hate having to walk through the rain. I didn't have my car yesturday b/c it had a flat so I needed to walk to my meeting 1 mile away in the rain!!! urgghhh...

Hey did anyone watch the Britney Spears interview yesturday? Diane Sawyer was relentless. I missed the part where she started to ball. I wonder what Diane asked her to make her cry so much.

Anyhoo...it's 9:30. Gotta get going on this report before my boss gets in. I'm countin the days until I can go back to school, get my MBA and become a CEO for a Fortune 100 company, then I can be worth $1M (instead of Britany Spears)...:lol: haa haaa!!!

-jacks
:dance:

Kempyd
11-14-2003, 04:02 PM
I am sitting here bored out of my mind. To make it worse I have a headache. :headache:

I can't leave early today b/c I think my boss is getting agrivated with me doing that. See, I told you he was bothering me. I leave early so that he doens't have to pay me OT but if he is going to be a big baby about it then I will just stay and sit on the clock.

Jacks that is so cool that you get to go hiking on a mountain. We are so flat here. I freak out when I see a little hill. When I went to Denver I about crapped myself. (sorry for the visual)

jbbm
11-14-2003, 05:01 PM
Hi Jacks, God I would just love to go hiking in your area this weekend! The high here for tomorrow is in the middle forties. Yes I did watch part of the Britney Spears interview last night. I thought it was kind of strange? She started to cry when Diane asked her about the rough year she has had....I think it was about the whole break-up with Justin.

Kempy to bad you have to stay. I don't really have any plans for the weekend. I might go shopping and see what is out there to wear for a Christmas party. I use to love to shop for clothes but now it just not getting me that excited anymore. Maybe if I was a size 6 it would make a difference:lol:! I really don't know if I should get a dress or a pair of pants and a dressy shirt?.?.

Angie I hope your house did not blow away! I am thinking of the movie the Wizard of Oz, I just love that movie.

Well I think I am going to make salmon for supper tonight. Talk to you girlies later!

angieME
11-14-2003, 05:05 PM
No, I missed it Jacks. Darn, I would love to see what made her cry. I dont like her new music. I liked the old stuff when she was younger. Hiking sounds like so much fun. I hope Kel feels better.

Kempy, You are so ready for a change of job,huh? I cant wait until you get to work for yourself. It will be so great.

We have decided to leave for Florida on December 22 so hopefully we can beat most of the crowds driving down. We are going to spend a night at South of the Border (a truck stop with stores and restaurants and amusement rides) and we are going to Hanna Park for a night in Jacksonville on the beach. Then we are off to Tropical Palms RV resort on December 25-January 2 when we have to head back. BOOHOO.

angieME
11-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Hey Julie, we posted at the same time. Have you noticed that we do that alot? :lol: I guess we are on the same wavelength. haha

Have fun clothes shopping this weekend. I am sure you will find something very pretty to wear.

jbbm
11-14-2003, 05:09 PM
Angie you are going to be gone a long time! We are going to miss you....to bad you don't have a laptop to take with you. But second thought maybe you want to get away from the computer, phone and T.V.s.;)

redballoon
11-14-2003, 07:23 PM
Getting to the keyboard, here. Yes! Well, I'm going to L.A. mostly to meet a friend in from New York. Meeting halfway is easier, though really the price from Tokyo is not that much different this time of year. But I also have been meaning to get to Calif. to try to drum up future work and get my face known. I'm planning to hang out in the stable area at Santa Anita and Hollywood Park. I work in horseracing here but have been out of it and am now trying to get out there and make things happen. I want lots of money as I'm sick of always being broke. I'm going to have to give up my horse if I don't make a bundle from here on out as the other owners have bailed. I want to hang on to this girl as she's a stubborn handful but I love her and still feel I can learn a lot from here. It is hard though!

Unfortunately, it seems everyone is coming here while I'm off there. I've got calls from England and Hong Kong asking me to do work in the very week I'll be away, but now it's too late to cancel the trip and also I don't want to. So I'm going to just do it and what'll be will be. There's only so much I'll keep readjusting my schedule to try to keep beat with whatever comes my way.

Well, I'm hearing a lot of good and bad from you all. Angie, get back on track! But have a good time while you're gone too. Remember, having fun doesn't have to be about eating.

Kempy, I hope things smooth out for you at work. Sounds like you have a rather incompetent boss. Maybe you should look for something new, no?

Yes, I wonder where Cherie is too. She has disappeared from the other threads as well. Hope things are going so well she just has no time for us! :lol:

jbbm, yes, sugar definitely bloats you. If you go off sugar completely you will lose a lot of water weight in the beginning and heh, water weight looks the same as FAT!!

jldg, hiking up Diamond Head. Now does that sound cool or what? I've never been out of Honolulu airport but it looked beautiful even from there. The heat, the humidity, the colors. I love that kind of climate (well at least for a while, I like the change of seasons too.)

calnative, I love reading your posts. I can feel the desert heat and hear the rain pouring out your open window. Just where abouts do you live?

Yo, Dips! Where are you? Are you still in Florida or back in the Apple?

Anyone I've missed, sorry! A long post is a rarity for me but I'm resolved to be a better correspondent! Take care and good luck! :wave:

calnative
11-14-2003, 10:23 PM
By the time I get home from school it seems that everyone has already been online and off again. :) That's ok. I really do enjoy reading the posts and getting caught up.

I so appreciate that you have let me join you. I'm really enjoying getting to know everyone.

Angie: Here's some more sun. :sunny: :sunny: I've seen on the news that New England was really getting pounded with the wind. Here it is very calm. It has warmed up a bit. The high for the rest of the week is between 72 and 74 with the low between 51 and 55. Today, when I left school I actually had to turn on my air conditioner to cool off the car. It was only for about 15 minutes before I got cold.

Jacks: We have no more rain in the forecast for at least another week or so. I can send some sun, though. :sunny: :sunny: Hope it helps. We have plenty to share. :D

Kempy: One thing I really like about east Texas is the green. Here, the green is kind of dull. In fact, I usually comment that the green here even looks dusty. :lol: Dust is certainly something we have in abundance.

Red: Hello. I live just west of Phoenix, in a city called Surprise. We just bought a house here last summer. I really love it because there is less traffic and the schools are great. In fact, I hope to work in the district where my daughter attends school next year.

I remember an earlier post from someone who mentioned wanting to try southbeach. What is it exactly? I haven't heard of it.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I'm going to spend mine painting the bathroom. It seems I always plan to do it, but I never get around to it. Now my brother-in-law is coming to visit from Italy next weekend and I want to have the painting done before he gets here.

Cal

melekalikimaka
11-15-2003, 03:00 AM
OMG girls, I'm in Bangkok just checking in. We had a 3(?) day thing in Chiang Mai...just got back to BKK yesterday and had my first ever traditional Thai massage and faciel--ouch, but felt really good afterward. Oh yes, shopping, shopping, shopping. I must've bought 4? LV bags and a couple of Burberry ones...pirate ones but extremely well made. When I get back I'll download a couple of pics.

Sorry I can't catch up with everyone personally but this internet service is by the minute. Just had to catch up with my girls. THai food is great and I'm sure I'm eating too much, but doing a lot of walking and sweating.

Got to end here, just wanted to give a shout out to you all. Be back in hawai on Tuesday.

Sawasdee ka!

Aloha

calnative
11-16-2003, 09:33 AM
Everyone must be sooo busy this weekend. I hope everyone is having a great time.

My plan to paint the bathroom yesterday went down the drain. :lol:

I had to go to the store first and, of course, I was out shopping too long. I'll be painting today.

What is everybody up to?????

Cal

angieME
11-16-2003, 09:48 AM
Good Morning. I did some shopping yesterday and of course I didnt eat one single dietary meal. I am starting fresh today. I ordered my screen room for my RV. It cost $500.00 seems a little expensive for a screen room doesnt it? I need it though so Rebel can be outside and not get jumped when a kid runs through our campsight. This way I can relax and not have to keep Rebel attatched to me. :lol:

Do we need to move this thread to the new support group page?

jbbm
11-16-2003, 02:27 PM
Noelle it is so great to hear from you buddy! I miss you. Sounds like your having a great time.

Angie a screen room! How neat. My mom has a friend at work who retired and has an huge RV and they live out of it. They go to Arizona and Florida in the winter and other places in the summer. They just love it. Do you think you could ever do that? I would love to travel in one. But I think I still would like to have a permanent house with a yard to plant flowers.

Have fun Cal painting.

Hi Red!

Well have a great Sunday. Going to try and stay OP.

jldg888
11-16-2003, 05:01 PM
Hey Girls!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Sounds like everyone is so busy. I haven't been too much. Just trying to clean up around the house. Kel's back is still sore, but we are hoping to get out of the house today. I just got through doing my yoga routine and finishing up some laundry. We might head down to the Wedding Expo. I've got 1 yr. and 6 mos. to plan. It's coming up real soon. I hope to have saved up enough money by then. Don't want anything to big, just simple and nice on the Big Island.

Noelle!!! Hey girl...well, you probaly won't see this until you get back, but I'm glad to see that you are having a lot of fun. Man, I am soooooo jealous!!! LV and Burberry!!!! Urggghhh!!! I might just have to take a trip there for that!!! Fun Fun Fun!!!

Cal - Hope you're having fun painting. Wish I could paint my place too. My bunny has eaten up all of the moldings around our apartment. He seems to like eating paint. We thought it was the wood that he like to chew on, but when we did some touch up painting, he kept eating the new places that we just painted.

Angie - Wow a screen room!!! Sounds really nice. Yah, I didn't do to well the past couple of days. Friday I had to give in at Jack in the Box. I opted for their Chicken Sourdough sandwich but I ate all the fries. Then yesturday I ate my favorite Huli Huli Chicken. For desert I ate the Klondlike Slim Bear icecream sandwich, which isn't too bad. I'm gonna try and get back on track myself today. One word - WATER!!

Hey Julie - Hope you're having a good day too! Sorry to ask, but I never knew what OP meant!!! :)

Hi Kempy, Dips, and Red! Hope you're having a fun weekend too!

Talk to ya'll on Monday!!!

-Jacks

angieME
11-16-2003, 05:48 PM
Julie, we are actually dreaming of fulltiming in the RV. My grandmother and her boyfriend do it with a big 5th wheel. They love it around Texas. I look at it like this ..the twins are 10 so that gives me 8 years to get everything in order and decide. But yeah, I would love it.

Jacks, Your bunny is so cute. I would love to have one but I dont know if Rebel would think it was dinner. He loves the cats but they outweigh him. :lol: I swear he actually thinks Fat cow is his mom. He cuddles her and she cleans him.

I made Peanut Butter Balls yesterday. those will be the death of me. YUM!!! I make them every year for Christmas and Jay's mom sells them at her bakery for me. They go quickly but it is hard not to nibble on them when I make them.

NOELLE< We miss you!!!!!!

jbbm
11-16-2003, 06:02 PM
Jacks the Wedding expo sounds fun. I went to one when I was planning my wedding. It was great to try all the samples of cake:s:!:o Hope Kel feels better soon. Back pain is really difficult.

Angie you and me girl love that peanut butter! When I make my peanut butter balls I usally go overboard and make them them golf ball size of larger. They are just to die for!

I have got chicken breast frying in a pan in some olive oil right now. Hubby wants mashed potatoes and gravy. Not really low carb but I will try to stay away from them. But on a positive not I made lowfat cracked peppercorn ranch dip and cut up veggies. I just love red peppers but they are so expensive but I found some at Walmart that were pretty good in price.

Kempy are you to busy to check in this weekend? Well hope you weekend is going nice.
Bye for now ladies....Julie

angieME
11-16-2003, 06:05 PM
Julie, we do think alike. I am having crispy chicken tonight too!!! I am doing baked potatoes and corn with it.

Peanut butter balls are awesome. YUM!@

TonyaS
01-21-2004, 08:36 PM
Heeeeeyyy girls! wow, I feel terrible, how long has it been? I think since September... oh, that's bad :(

so how are you all doing?! I see still doing well, from browsing the thread, Noelle, you are losing and doing WW, good for you! Angie, you have maintained and that's so awesome! hardest part hu? Hiya Kempy, Redballoon.. let's see who am I missing? Hi everyone!

Well I gained 5 pounds over christmas, lol. *sigh*

so I am much in need of motivation. It's probably been at least 4 months since I even touched the treadmill, unless you count moving my clothes off of it that I hang to dry :lol:

So I am back to counting points, using fitday, and excercising, starting TODAY! and to commemorate the event, I am here to apologize for my very long absence, and to gain motivation :)

*goes off to change her signature* :)