Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 12:44 AM   #1  
missaprylj

Lightbulb Halloween! How'd you Do?

Well... honestly, I'd have to say I did really well!

I mean, lots of water, dancing for an hour and a half, a little walk, and honestly, not much candy... and no "junk food." I'm *so* glad that we quit having those parties in school where every kid has to bring, cookies or cupcakes or candy or something... that's just disgusting thinking back! I did good.

Now, if I can make it through my dinner party tomorrow......

Old 11-01-2003, 07:34 AM   #2  

So far so good here too. My boys come home and dumped all their loot in a big pile on the floor. They really made out and a lot of was those little candy bars and tons Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I've managed not to touch a single piece so far, but there's still a huge bowl sitting on my table. I have to stay away from it completely, because once I get started I just can't stop.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:24 AM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I didn't plan well. I had a big breakfast which took more calories than I had expected. I did get my walking and water in. We had friends bring their kids over to Trick or Treat in our neighborhood (better loot), so we had an impromptu party afterward. So my total calories were higher than I wanted.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:10 PM   #4  

I did great all day, until I took my son to my sisters house and we had pizza. I thought for sure I had blown it but this morning I hadn't gained any weight (whew!). I guess walking around the neighborhood with my son helped!

mthrgoos68-I am amazed at your weightloss. What are you doing to lose it? I could use the encouragement!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 03:38 PM   #5  
Searching

I didn't eat a drop of sugar, but I cried A WHOLE LOT! It was terrible, painful, and without my OA meeting I don't know what I would do!!!!

Chris
Old 11-01-2003, 03:40 PM   #6  
Searching

PS. I told my son if I see, smell, or if he even kisses me with candy breath the whole lot will go in the garbage with dishsoap on top. Yes I am probably nuts. But you got to do what you got to do.

Chris
Old 11-01-2003, 04:09 PM   #7  

I did really well. I didn't have any of my daughter's candy and I only had one of those little dumb dumb suckers at work earlier that day, which amazed everyone since they know that I don't eat candy. My boss actually stood there and watched me because she wanted to see me put it in my mouth! I didn't think I was that bad! Well, it looks like I've made it through another Halloween, so far anyway! Great job everyone, I'm proud of all of you!

Beverly
Old 11-01-2003, 04:42 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

My friend & I went shoe shopping & the guy gave us small squares of chocolate, both of which I ate. That was the extent of my edible treats.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:40 PM   #9  
beautiful

i did horrible. didn't make any of my goals at all. i haven't been on program in ages and have gained almost 5 pounds back which isn't as bad as it could be but its a big gain. i *plan* on getting back on track tomorrow though. i'm having such a hard time with it lately.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:30 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I just didn't see it coming.

Everyone here was asking how you plan to handle halloween. I didn't see the big deal. We just bought candy that wasn't chocolate and I won't eat the other stuff. No biggie. It was quite the rude awakening when my 3 yr old dumped his loot. We have sooooo much junk in the house. And the truth is that I cannot stay out of it. My mom says to freeze it, I like it better that way!!!

How terrible is it to throw away your kids halloween candy???
Old 11-02-2003, 11:09 PM   #11  
Crazy Canuck

That's funny Sandi! I used to put my daughter's halloween candy in the freezer and sometimes it would last until Christmas - why? Because she would meticulously catalogue everything she received and would check off each piece as it was eaten, so I couldn't even think of sneaking some of it unless I ran out and got replacements! I don't know who she inherited her obsessive little ways from
Old 11-03-2003, 08:04 AM   #12  

Hi,

I was fine all the way up to eight pm...when we took matthew to visit good friends..who have all the candy I DO like (my husband purposely bought candy I don't like, sweet man) I've been horrible all weekend, and am starting over today.

Miss Chris, love the new hair style !

Sherry
Old 11-03-2003, 08:50 AM   #13  

Jillegal, too funny!! I love your daughter!! My boys take the chaos approach to their candy, just dump it all in one bowl and go crazy with it!!

Sandi, I throw away their candy every year!! I give them a couple of days to pig out like crazy, then I let them each pick 10 pieces that they want the most and the rest gets dumped. Otherwise we have candy for weeks. Between school parties, kind neighbors (who send all their extra candy to "that house with all the kids") and trick or treating, the candy would last for months.

Yes Miss Chris, I agree, the hair looks GREAT!!
Old 11-03-2003, 12:51 PM   #14  

Didn't do great over Halloween! Like Sherry, we bought candy that is not that tempting to me to give out....Unfortunately, everybody at work has chocolate on their desk! My weakness!!! Had quite a bit on Friday...but am avoiding it today (there is STILL chocolate everywhere!). One day of candy chaos is manageable, but several days....no good. That's it, I've drawn the line in the sand...no more Halloween candy!

Mothergoose - my mom always did the same thing...we had 3 days to eat whatever candy we wanted, then pick out a set number of pieces. The rest went in the garbage! Otherwise you would be eating Halloween candy until Christmas!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

i didn't eat any official halloween candy, (bite size or whatnot) but i did treat myself to a pack of resses (my favorite candy ever) on halloween that i bought on my break. i'm cool with it though.
Closed Thread