Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#434

thinthinker
10-31-2003, 11:12 AM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!

Happy Halloween!

katrinabgood
10-31-2003, 12:23 PM
I am making a solemn vow to myself and to all of you...

~*~*~ I, Kat, do solemnly swear, that I will not, under any circumstances, eat a single, solitary piece of Halloween candy today. ~*~*~

That's not to say that I am going to eat any tomorrow or the next day, but I have to focus on the here and now. I know that when I get through today, I will feel empowered enough to renew my vow tomorrow....or get the candy the heck out of the house!

My sister stopped by on her way to work, so that I could see her costume. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm still laughing. She's dressed as "Mimi" from the Drew Carey show! Blonde wig, with the little bow, of course, scary blue eyeshadow, severe black eyebrows.... OMG! She was showing me the fat suit under her feather trimmed muu muu shirt and pilazzo pants...I told her, "big deal, I'll take my clothes off and you'll see the same thing!" except for the thong! :yikes:

****I had started this post around 8:30...got side tracked, hemmed and hawed about going to the gym...ran out at the last minute...made it to "Body Pump" by the skin of my teeth and now I'm back... ***

Somehow, I felt that that you all needed to know that!

Now...on to the matter at hand...

Tina I just told him that I'm going to gain all the weight I lost back and I hope I get so big that they have to open both the back doors to get me in the house.
OH, NO YOU'RE NOT, MISSY!!!! Now...you may not like what I'm about to say, but just know that it's said with love and understanding for how you are feeling...

Could it be that the reason that you are so upset with Ron is that there is an element of truth in what he said?
all your basically doing is paying them $12 to weigh you and if I was doing that, you'd be all over me." I can't vouch for HOW he said it, but when you think about it...isn't this what we all eventually end up doing? We start going to the meetings, full of fire and determination...the enthusiasm fizzles after a few weeks...we end up just barely squeaking by...bemoan the fact that we "only" lost a lb...beat ourselves up when we gain 6/10ths of a pound...then we spite ourselves by eating, "Oh, what the ****...I'm fat anyway." Sound familiar? The sad thing is...we've repeated this cycle so many times...and no matter what...Weight Watchers gets richer by the day... This is not to say that what they preach isn't good. I LOVE the system! And it works...IF YOU WORK IT! We put so much faith into the hope that WW is really going to work this time! NO!!! It won't work, if you don't do the work yourself...no matter how many meetings you go to or how good the leader is! ...Just how many times have our families seen us repeat this cycle over and over? Look at the situation through their eyes. Perhaps he's tired of seeing you putting yourself through this again and again...perhaps he doesn't want you to have to drive that far...I don't know...I'm really not defending him, just playing "devil's advocate." :devil:Isn't that usually Thin's job? Perhaps I've overstepped my bounds... I'll be stepping off my soap box now...

***again, I've been at this so long that the thread has changed and I have to cut and paste this to the new one...I can't do any more replies...I'm spent with the last one. Please don't be mad at me Tina...I mean nothing but the best for you...I hope you know that!

Have a great day all...

Trick or Treat!

dixiedarlin
10-31-2003, 03:05 PM
HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Well I just got tricked; I lost my post!! :mad:

I stayed OP yesterday and got a walk in.

TINA - girl you go that meeting; let DH know what he said hurt you.

Hope you all have a fun and safe Halloween!

2cute2Bfat
10-31-2003, 03:22 PM
HI ... I have not read so I cannot comment on anything.
I just wanted to send you a quick note that I will be gone for a week probably.
The nursing home just called and said the family needs to get there ASAP .. that mom does not look like she will make it much longer. I have packed a bag and walking out the door. I just did not want anyone worrying about me being gone. Love to all.

BarbPA
10-31-2003, 05:20 PM
Hi All --

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Can't talk now, another crazy, crazy day....I'll catch up with you later!

Love and Hugs to all -- and an extra big hug to Tina and 2cute! (you need it!) I'm thinking about you!

:love:
Barb

MichelleK
10-31-2003, 06:31 PM
Trick or treating is hard work! Phew....I am tired and ready for bed...but I have to make an appearance at the Dr.'s Halloween party...have to check out the indoor pool in his house! Funny thing I heard....his wife went from go go dancer to dr.'s wife...how come I can't be that lucky??? Geeeesh!! Some people have all the luck!

Well anyway...HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Gotta go hand out some candy to the goblins!

TTFN Michelle

MichelleK
11-01-2003, 01:35 AM
OMG I had sooo much fun tonight! I just got home and here there is no one to talk to! Oh well, guess I'll just go to bed!

katrinabgood
11-01-2003, 08:59 AM
All right....where the heck IS everyone? Taking the rolling pin to the leftover candy? I will be doing that shortly. Let me go on record as saying: I DID NOT BREAK MY VOW! This must be the first Halloween in my entire life that I did not have a single piece of candy. A minor miracle...make that a MAJOR miracle! While my son was out, and I was home ALONE, there were a few touch and go moments. For instance...the minute he left, I automatically headed for the candy bowl. Without a thought about it, I found myself peering into the bowl. Surprisingly, nothing in there really appealed to me, so I walked away. Impulse #1 averted. I was waiting for my daughter to drive down from school. Worrying about her in that Friday afternoon rush hour traffic, I headed for the bowl. I resisted that, thinking, "geez, what should I do?" What should I do??" Is that all I ever do? EAT? I couldn't think of anything else to do??? So I folded the clothes in the dryer, swept the kitchen floor, put some clothes away that have been piled in my room for about a week, dusted, sorted through the mail...hmmm...come to think of it...I must have been doing something other than these simple chores! (That might also explain why I haven't lost anything lately!) :yes:

ANYWAY...Halloween was fun. I told you about my sister, dressed as Mimi...(from Drew Carey's show--the large, outrageously dressed, brassy blonde) Last night, she and my brother in law came over while the boys were out trick or treating. We decided to pick up a pizza for dinner. (I may not have had candy, but I DID have pizza! :T ) Sis went to pick up the pizza. The pizza parlor is two doors down from my gym. There are huge windows that look into the gym, right by all the treadmills, Stairmasters, etc. She parked the car by the gym, slowly walked by the window and then stopped, just peering in and watching the exercisers. Waiting for a reaction. She said most people did a double take, then averted their eyes. Only one guy outright laughed at her. Exhibitionist.

My daughter and her friends came home from school to go to a party at a friend's house. They dressed as the Spice Girls. Two girls and three boys.... they really looked great! Good thing Daddy had to work last night, so he didn't see the skimpy dress that "Posh" (our daughter) was wearing! "Baby" Spice was a 6 foot fellow in a pink slip and blonde wig. :yikes: I may have to include Halloween pictures in the Christmas cards this year!

Speaking of Christmas cards, has everyone who is participating, given their addresses to Michelle? Good Lord, it's November already! Halloween's over...time to really start thinking about the holidays! And how we're going to survive them! Planning, planning, planning...that's all i can say. Plan to stay OP!! This year I will NOT be saying, "oh, ****...it's the holidays, I'll start again in January!"

Okay...once again, I've rambled on and on. I'd better get moving here. Son and nephew and I are going to paint our picket fence. (a scout project is one way to get stuff done around here!)

Have a wonderful weekend, all...

Oh! Before I forget...I just wanted to tell ANDRIA how much I enjoyed your article! Your town sounds like a wonderful place to live! Thanks for sharing.

Okay, I'm really out of here now...

HEY!!! I heard that collective sigh of relief!!

:wave:

Grannie39074
11-01-2003, 09:14 AM
Goooood Morning
We just got up;)
Tomorrow is Peters birthday and I am taking him out to dinner today not sure where yet.

Hope all of you have a great day.
Food wasn't too good yesterday. I had a slimfast bar at breakfst but had taco bell at lunch (chicken quesidella and ultimate nachos) then middle of the afternoon I went to a soda fountain and got a hot fudge brownie sunday:o It was sooo good.

I'll catch all of you later have to grab a shower and dress.

BarbPA
11-01-2003, 09:27 AM
Hi Girls!!!

I DID IT!!! Along with Kat, I also managed to get through Halloween without having one single piece of candy!!!!
:cb: :cb: :cb:
I didn't go buy the candy until 5:00 and then I didn't buy any chocolate. DH was a little dissappointed that I didn't buy any "good" candy - then I explained why and he tended to agree!!! The kids loved me --- we didn't get as many trick-or-treaters as I thought so I was giving away handfuls. :) There is still some left which I am going to take to work on Monday and put in the kitchen - far away from my desk. :D

I also woke up today with a new motivation about myself. I got up early, did some laundry, swept the kitchen, pooper scooped th back yard and WENT TO THE GYM!!!!!
:strong:

It's only 9:20 and I feel so accomplished!!! I think we are going car shopping today. DH got his car back from the accident a few weeks ago. We are thinking about trading it in. The body work looks great, but it's living on borrowed time with the engine --- it's 8 years old with 111,000 miles on it! He's hoping for a new Explorer --- we'll see. :s:

Anyone heard of the new "Trading Spaces - Boys and Girls"? It's on NBC on Saturday mornings. I haven't seen it yet, but they are in our neighborhood taping a new show -- they'll be here today, tomorrow and Monday - about 4 houses down from me. At first I was really excited about it, but then I discovered that it's a completely different cast. So, no lingering around watching Ty. :( I bet it will be fun for the kids!

Kat -- Good Job staying away from the Candy! :high: Can't wait to see a pic of the Spice "Girls"! :)

Michelle -- So glad you had fun last night!! Please fill us in on all the details! :p

Tina - What's new with that adorable, knuckle-head of a hubby??? I hope you are doing ok. I was so sad for you when I read your message that I honestly didn't know what to say!
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
:grouphug:

Gotta run for now --- A big HELLO :wave: to everyone!
:love:
Barb

qsilver
11-01-2003, 12:54 PM
Hey everyone :)

Thought I'd better come in here and share how good it feels to be back on a plan this morning. I feel so resolved to do this. It is interesting, I had this "do or die" thing going on this morning, and it reminded me of some past posts from Tina. I can't stand the thought of letting more weight creep back onto this body. It feels right now as if this shell I'm wearing is crushing me inside. I have to do this. I am doing this. It honestly feels like if I don't, I'm going to die. Not the spiritual kind of death, chicks, I'm talking keel over, heart attack or something kind of death. The slower kind I'm putting my body through already is bad enough. I'm too young to be feeling like I do physically.

Ok, back to work. I'm here changing thousands of inventory item general ledger codes. There are about 6500 of them... Fun for me! And yeah, I'm not supposed to be online, but I have to do something to give myself a break when the lines begin to blur together. ;)

Andria

BarbPA
11-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Good Evening All!
My oh my it's been quiet around here today! What is everyone up to??? We had an exhausting day of car shopping. We were out and about from 11am - 8pm. We test drove several cars. Still not sure what we are doing. We put a $100 deposit to hold one car until Monday night that wea re considering. It will just keep them from selling it on Monday. Not sure what to do. I really hate the car buying process and dealing with salesmen.

I think I'll curl up on the couch with a magazine and watch Trading Spaces.

Sweet Dreams to all!
Barb

katrinabgood
11-02-2003, 08:17 AM
Whoa...has this thread come to a screeching halt!!!

Come out, come out wherever you are!

I'm going to ride my bike to the gym this morning. I hope to see a few posts when I get back!!!

Grannie39074
11-02-2003, 09:52 AM
I'm here

LuckyLadyBug
11-02-2003, 10:20 AM
I got a late start today. I woke up at 6AM to gun shots and that continued to wake me up every time I dozed off. :yawn: I tried to sleep until 8 since it's the weekend and I need my beauty sleep.

I was doing good with my diet until Friday - I don't know why exactly but am thinking on it. I just felt tired. I didn't stick to my diet but certainly didn't over eat like I would have before so hopefully I didn't do any major damage.

Saturday I cleaned out two closets and my linen closet. I am happy that is done. I sure have a lot of extra hangers now! :lol:

Kat We start going to the meetings, full of fire and determination...the enthusiasm fizzles after a few weeks...we end up just barely squeaking by...bemoan the fact that we "only" lost a lb...beat ourselves up when we gain 6/10ths of a pound...then we spite ourselves by eating, "Oh, what the ****...I'm fat anyway." Sound familiar? d

I don't go to WW but this sure spoke to me.:o I really relate to the "spite ourselves". If on Friday I would have eaten or drank things high in calories because I was doing something fun, participating in life that would have been okay with me. I did it because I was tired and out of spite. Kat, Thanks for the post you have given me something to work on this week. :cheers:

2Cute: my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I need to go and get some coffee.

GO VIKINGS

QueenB
11-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, to update: As most of you know, my dh is a dear....but even he is not perfect. :lol: It was never an issue of the $$, it was an issue of listening to me lament over and over and over about whether I should go Thursday or should I wait till Monday and was I going back to Chattanooga or should I just stay in Cleveland and :blah:. A man can only take so much, you know? :lol: I have to say to Kat though:

Thank you SO much for your honest words. Sometimes it's not just the "awww, it's ok" or the "that's ok, you'll do it next time" that we need to hear. Sometimes we need a friend..... a kindred spirit, if you will....to look us directly in the eye and tell us the truth, and your words were nothing, if filled with truth. The plain and simple fact is, I need something NEW. I just don't know what it is though. I have simply done the WW thing too much. I'm not downing the program. It is a FANTASTIC program and it's not that it doesn't work, it's that I don't work it. If we're truly honest with ourselves, most programs will work.....if we work them. I'm almost at the point that I am going to develop my own low fat, low carb program and just try and do it on my own. I know that I really like going to WW and having the accountability of the WI, but I just have to be honest. The meetings do not help me. At least not the ones that I've been attending. I'm at the point that I'm thinking of going and buying a scale and letting my dh be my WI buddy. I honestly think he will keep me going....he can be a really good motivator when he wants to. I'm also going to look into going to the local Curves. Everyone I've talked to that has went there says they have a really good program.

I believe in the WW program, but I have done it too many times. I think we are all individuals here and we know what works for us and to me, I need something to shake things up. I need something new and exciting and I need to see those numbers move. I need something to shake up my metabolism and make me excited again... I'm sure you all can understand that, can't you? :yes:

I'm going to do a lot of research on the computer regarding low carbs and things of that nature. I'm not going to do Atkins, that is TOO restrictive for me, but I have heard some really good things about the South Beach diet, so I may look into that as well. Anytime I have ever lost weight in my life, it has been on WW..... I don't know that I've ever really tried anything else except for Formu 3.

Trey went to the "Superbowl" yesterday and we lost, I'm sad to say. You know what? I take that back. We didn't lose, we just scored less points. I have to say though.....just to make it as far as we did, well..... I know four other teams that would have gladly traded places with us. The other team was just too stacked. We are a 9-10 year old team with most of our members being 9. Five of the other teams players were 11 (they just slid in under the birthday rule) and were actually in Jr. High School whereas all of ours were either in fourth or fifth grade. The refs were absolutely awful and made some of the worst calls (or did NOT make calls) that I've ever seen. We got clipped in the back so many times, I lost count. One of the refs threatened to throw one of our dads out of the stadium because he ran onto the field when his little boy was hurt after he got hit in the back. It was rediculous. Trey was so upset, he started crying..... which he NEVER does on the field, no matter how upset he gets. I guess it was just so frustrating to feel that you're getting "cheated". We played a really good game and I was really proud of all of them. What really cracked us up though...... was the fact that the whole team was so upset and then we took them to Ci Ci's pizza after it was over and you've never seen more happy, laughing kids. As it was said..... the amazing power of pizza. :lol:

We'll get about a week off and then Trey will have to start practicing again because he's on the All Star team. :yikes:

And speaking of :yikes:, guess who's putting up their Christmas tree today? Yup :yes: that darn dh..... I just can't do a thing with him. :lol:

Syn
11-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Hello and a Happy Sunday to All:)

** I get mixed up on here when I try to reply to individual posts, I know I miss some of you, when I try to go back and forth I often lose my entire post!** Please forgive me!

QueenB: YIKES! Christmas Tree already!! At least your DH has a Christmas Spirit! My Wasbund was the original grinch. In fact he used to tell the kids he was hiring a bounty hunter to get Santa. And a part of me believes he meant it....You are right about finding a weight loss program that works for you. Good luck in finding just the right plan for your needs.
I am sorry I can't make any intelligent comments on the game of football, I think they should give each team their own ball so they don't fight so over just one!! lol Just joking, Youhave every right to be proud of your son's achievements!!! Nothing like a proud Mama! I used to embarrass my kids with my enthusiam once and awhile!

Katerina: Love your name...My eldest granddaughter is also Katerina! Good for you on the exercising!

Luckyladybug: OMG It would scare me to death to wake up to gun shots! Must be hunting real close by! Reading your post made me think of another analogy about diet procrastination...not going to meetings or weighing in regularly is kind of like not going to church on Sunday morning and then feeling kinda guilty the rest of the day! lol

Grannie: I am glad you are "here" Talk to us more! I'd like to hear what you have to say. How are you doing with the weight loss journey?

BarbPA: I love Trading Spaces, wish I could find a way to get them to do a room in my house! Well sometimes they make me scratch my head in wonder over what they were thinking...:D But for the most part I like their ideas.

Qsilver: You sound so determined! WTG! I am glad you take a break to post here.

2Cute: Oh dear 2cute. I am sorry to hear about your mom, you are a wonderful person and deserve all things good, I will keep you in thought and prayer.

I have lost 19 pounds since Sept. 12, I tell you gals I have been playing with losing and gaining the same 20-30 pounds for several years now.....I am hoping that this time will be different!!
Maybe I should say this time I KNOW I CAN DO IT!! and move forward!

Anyway love to all and .....

BarbPA
11-02-2003, 12:17 PM
Good Morning! Well, not really good here. I am MAJOR pms'ing and DH is driving me crazy!!! I know some of it is pms, but some is just pms coming out! He works so hard and has a stressful job with long hours, but when he is at home he does NOTHING!!! I yelled at him this morning that I am tired of doing everything -- his response? "Want to go to lunch and Home Depot?" GRRRR!!!!!
:rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin:
He just doesn't get it! He thinks the house magically cleans itself and there is a laundry fairy to wash, dry, fold, iron and put away all his clothes. And, thank goodness for the little elves that take care of 3 dogs, feeding them, cleaning up, taking them to the vet, kennel, etc. Not to mention the little people that do the grocery shopping and run all the errands..................... I could go on, but I won't.....and maybe he forgot that I also work full time?!?!?!
This is not a conversation for you all, I am just venting with my typing before I go whack DH upside the head with some dirty clothes --- maybe the ones that never end up in the hamper!!!!

I am going to try to de-stress myself and have a civil conversation with him.....if he ever gets done playing the d#$@ computer game!

I'll try to be back later in a better mood.

SORRY!!!!

:(

LuckyLadyBug
11-02-2003, 12:31 PM
Tina does your husband know it's NOVEMBER second!!!!!

qsilver
11-02-2003, 01:03 PM

Day 2 and feeling good! I know the first few weeks of any diet plan are a honeymoon phase, but this is more like the honeymoon after you've just renewed your vows. ;) I know what to expect, and it feels like fairly familiar ground. The Curves plan changed a bit with this new book, and they included a lot more free foods. Most of my favorite veggie friends are listed! I'm going to be in stir-fry heaven for a few weeks, at the very least.

I was also thinking about it, and I wasn't truly off my plan before, I was only getting myself geared up for a restart of phase 1. Phase 3 (the maintenance phase I was on) tells you to plan on dieting about 3 days a month to keep your weight loss. I hadn't gained more than I could lose in 3 days, so I wasn't out of the game. But I also know in my heart and soul that it is time to get moving on again. I've been a bit too long at this rest stop. I really, truly want to be below 300 by the end of the year, and that goal is absolutely within my grasp.

You know, one of the things that keeps this group working for me is the different perspectives. I was thinking about a few of the things said the last couple of days, and then I came across this quote, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Whoa... those words just pulled me up short. I read them again and thought about how I've gone back and forth since beginning to write to this board, but the only time I've made real progress is when I changed something in my life. The old, comfortable ways are how I got here, not the way out. But, when I get to a point where I think I'm making significant enough progress, I also manage to convince myself that I'm doing it on my own. What bull! I back off and go do my own thing and end up falling back into the old traps... a few french fries progressing to a small order for myself and then a super size plus finishing off the kids' leftovers. An occasional shared dessert turning into a nightly thing about 3 times the size I even enjoy. It is a slow regression, but it is almost inevitable without the positive reinforcement I receive here.

I know I don't always seem to be moving forward. Sometimes my weight doesn't shift for months at a time. But, when I'm writing here, I'm not gaining in leaps and bounds. I think those non-moving periods are the times I work at healing something inside myself. I face a lot of the painful things in my life here, in front of you all. I also accept that they aren't nearly as bad in comparison to some of the life stories you have all shared. Pain is part of existence. Move on. Joy is also a part of existence. I want to do more to bring joy into my life.

Just thought about it, but Joy is my middle name. Seriously. I hated it for most of my life, but right now it makes sense. Maybe that is the next aspect of myself that needs to be embraced.

Well, that was yet another introspective piece delving into the depths of my own little brain. Hope you didn't mind me taking you all along. Yesterday was feeling like a desperate beginning. Today is full of hope. I know I can do this because I am doing this!

Andria

MichelleK
11-02-2003, 02:56 PM
OMG Barb....as I was reading your post I thought those exact words were coming out of my mouth yelling at John only he wasn't here! LOL I am the same way! He thinks some little fairy does everything...bathe the kid, wash the dishes, wash, dry, fold, putaway the laundry, feed and water the dog, and fish, vacuum, dust, pick up toys, make lunches, dinners, get clothes ready for the next day, do the grocery shopping, lug them in and put them away. Play with the boy when he wants some time with you, what else...I know there's more! Oh and school work on top of that AND A FULL TIME JOB! Men....they just don't get it! Well here is what I did...I went on strike...didn't do laundry...well when it got to the point I had to do mine and andrew's I left his all on the other side of the bed where he piles it up for a week. I didn't do dishes for 4 days...but then I couldn't stand it any longer. No matter what you say or how you say it they just don't get it!

Anyways...I took my midterms and got a 100 on one and an 86.6 on the other. I so far have been maintaining an A in both classes. But at this point I would settle for a B...I use to be so hard on myself but now I have a full plate and lots of excuses!

My little guy fell asleep on the living room floor so I think I will go take advantage and either lay down on my bed or start this housework that I put off all morning!

TTFN Michelle

katrinabgood
11-02-2003, 03:52 PM
pssssssssssssst! Michelle! The bed! Choose the bed!

qsilver
11-02-2003, 03:52 PM

I'm trying hard not to laugh, I swear! Sometimes I think we might all be married to the same man! :lol: Let's all make a pact to not let our husbands meet EVER. It would probably compound all their bad habits, plus they would have a chance to compare notes on US! :lol:

Michelle, way to go on your exam scores!

Had to take a break from cleaning and my kitchen experiment of the day. I'm trying to make a creamy soup with cauliflower instead of potatoes or half and half. It tastes pretty good, but I don't think there is a snowball's chance of it getting that creamy texture I was hoping for. But hey, at least it tastes good? Especially since I made enough to pack for my work lunches all this week...

The house cleaning fairy didn't show up here while I had my back turned, so I'd probably better get back to it. I know my DH and my eldest DD are perfectly capable of helping to keep this disaster area up. I'm trying to think up some new incentive plan to keep everyone motivated to doing a little a day instead of us all trying to kill ourselves every weekend and falling a bit further behind still. Not to mention, it would be nice to be able to relax and enjoy a clean environment once in a blue moon.

Andria

Terri in MO
11-02-2003, 04:55 PM
:wave:

I'm back!

We had a great trip. I'll post more detail tomorrow. I'm tired and need to get ready for church. They are doing a special music night and we came home in time for that. We can't hardly wait to hear who sings what. We have some great talent in our church.

I'll post pictures when I can this week. My batteries died last night so I have to buy batteries before I can download to the computer.

I will share that I was a good WW'er because I took exercise videos and did them 3 out of 4 days! :strong: I'll be back at it hard this week as I'll go to WW WI next Saturday.

I'll have to print out the threads tomorrow at work so I can catch up.

Have a great Sunday evening!

thinthinker
11-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Hi everybody! :wave:

This will have to be quick. I've read it all and have lots to say, but that takes time and honey decided that he would get a flooring guy in here tomorrow to look at some linoleum that's coming apart at the seams and do you think HE'S made any effort toward cleaning anything up or mopping the floor so the guy can even SEE the seams, NO! :nono: Of course, that seems to be a familiar comment here of late. :lol:

I'm still not reading or food or writing journalling, but things are going better. I didn't get crazy with the Halloween candy. Of course I didn't do as well with it as some of you did either. :( NOT ONE PIECE! You guys are angels!!! :angel:

I will go to WI (not Wisconsin) tomorrow and expect at least a little movement in the numbers. We'll see. I wish my weight was back down far enough that it would register on my scale, that way I would be able to tell better all week! (my 'scale junkie' friends will understand that one!)

The 'baby' came home for a party Halloween night and stayed long enough for us to all go out to dinner on Saturday AND for me to do all his laundry! Ahhhh, the joys of college students. You girls with little ones will see that you've got a long way to go 'cuz I'm still doing laundry for a 22 and 24 year old. :rollpin:

Honey and I had to work a sneak preview at the theatre last night for Love Actually. Honey and I have mixed reviews. We think it was long and jumped around alot, but was cute and very funny in some spots and other spots could have been deleted with no tears from us. How's that for a review???? We had to listen for comments from exiting theatre goers and here is some of what we heard. "That was a really sweet movie." "That was cute." "What was that, 6 hours long?" I'll give you one guess which quote was from a man! :D

Honey and I are going away next weekend for a Murder Mystery at ThunderBay Resort. Some of you will remember that we did this like last March. This is the one where it's interactive and the guests play detectives and actually physically search rooms and question suspects. We had such a great time and have been wanting to go again, so this is it.

Well, girls, I'm out of here. Gotta get that floor mopped so the guy can see the seam through the dirt. See you all later. Love :love: ya bunches!

joe anne
11-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Hi friends
I had a BIG SUGAR :devil: MONSTER attack, and I lost. Especially to those kitkats, tootsie rolls and peanut butter cups. Why can't I have a Veggie monster attack or chicken monster?

katrinabgood
11-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Well, this is more like it!! So good to see everyone coming out and posting...sounds like a busy weekend for most of us.

Lucky...interesting alarm you got there. I don't think I'd hit the "snooze" when it's gun shot waking me up!!! :yikes: PS...you don't need beauty sleep!

Syn...I wish my name really was something as exotic as Katerina...actually, it's just plain ol' Kathy...Katrina (shortened to Kat) is a nickname used by a few friends at work. BTW...19 lbs is great! I keep going up and down the same old 5 lbs...talk about practicing your scales...up and down, up and down....

Andria...I always love to read the 'introspective delvings into the depths of your brain!' Keep delving!

Michelle...Great job on your tests! I don't know how you do it! Hey, when are we going to hear the scoop on the Dr with the go go dancer wife's Halloween party? Details please.

Barb...You just come in here ANYTIME and vent about the old man! They all seem to come from a similar mold, but what would we do without 'em? They're good for something! ;)

Terri...Welcome back! ( I forget, where did you go?) Gald you had a good time...

Thin...We can always count on you for those up to the minute movie reviews! (My dh would be the one saying that last comment, even though he could sit through six hours of science fiction or shooting or martial arts...) :rolleyes:

Joe anne: Why can't I have a Veggie monster attack or chicken monster? Why, indeed! :lol:

Tina Tina Tina...you really are a sweetheart! Thank you for your kind words. :drill: NOW! LET'S GET TO WORK!!!

whoops, how'd HE get in here?

PS...I'd have to go borrow Lucky's hunter's guns and SHOOT my husband if I saw him dragging Christmas stuff out before Halloween stuff is barely put away...****, before Thanksgiving! what's up with that?

I have to tell you girls that I did ride my bike to the gym this morning. The down side to that is, getting stopped by neighbors to chat, which made me get there too late for my class. (@&#%) I used the weight machines instead and got a good workout in, plus about 45 minutes riding on a glorious Fall morning. Life is good.

I've come up with a new scheme for this week... I'm going to post daily goals first thing each morning, (exercise, NO CANDY, drink 64 oz water, pay the bills, wash the floor...whatever it may be) I'm going to come back at night and check off what I have accomplished. Just something to keep me accountable...gonna give it a try, feel free to join me in my little challenge...

Well...I'm going to get ready for work. First, I have to do some crunches...I swore ALL day that I would squeeze them in somewhere...time's up! Or...I should say, it's crunch time!

whatever...

Terri in MO
11-02-2003, 10:03 PM
2Cute - I am so sorry about your mom. You'll be in my prayers. Take care! :grouphug:

BarbPA
11-02-2003, 10:48 PM
Hi Girls -
Just a quick pop in to let you know I made it through the day without killing my DH. He didn't improve much - we did go out to lunch and did a little more looking around at car lots. Then I got irritated when we got home and I proceeded to finish laundy, clean up, vacuum the upstairs, go grocery shopping....his big accomplishment for the day?....drove to Home Depot (5 min drive) bought a can of expanding foam (for insulating), sprayed it around a pipe going through the siding to the basement.....and then proceeded to sit on his a$$ the rest of the day! Gee, thanks for all the help!!!!! :rollpin: Luckily, I am feeling a little better, the cramps are pretty much gone, the chocolate craving is subsiding (yep, I gave into it :rolleyes: ) There is now healthy food in the house and I am getting my act together first thing in the morning --- starting with an early trip to the gym!

For now, I am going to hit the comfy bed....oh damn, the clean sheets need to be put back on, think I'll get any help? :lol:

I'll personally catch up with you all tomorrow.
Thanks for putting up with me today! The real me will return!
:) :) :)
Barb

SaraJoy
11-03-2003, 02:17 AM
Is anyone else afraid to show their face here... after falling off the face of the planet? *hiding* :)

Just wanted to let you chickies know I was around... and trying to refocus on healthy eating after gaining a few pounds back. I've had a few tough months... but have decided to not let that be an excuse to sabatoge last year's weight loss efforts.

Thanks to you ladies that showed your concern; it meant a lot! I'll be around...

Good to see you ladies again!

-Sara :)

pjkdreamer
11-03-2003, 06:28 AM
Morning Girls,

Up and at em'...have to take my sister to the airport, so, no sleeping in for this gal, I would have been up early anyway I suppose. I feel like one of those gerbils, twirling on that proverbial wheel these days...but my metabolism has definitely changed, and HEAH, THAT IS A GOOD THING, ISN'T IT??

Back later to talk to you gals.

:D

2cute2Bfat
11-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Hello everyone. This is not 2cute ... but rather her daughter.
I feel like I know some of you from my mom sharing stories.
Nothing private like... just cute stories.

Anyway... I am here because my mom asked me to tell all of you that her mom has passed away and she will be gone for a while longer. The funeral will probably be Wed.
She (mom) is doing fine but knew that all of you would be wondering how both she and her mom were. She did not want anyone to worry.

Well.. that is it. I hope all of you have a nice day.

Terri in MO
11-03-2003, 07:25 AM
do not post here! See ya on thread #435!

LuckyLadyBug
11-03-2003, 07:27 AM
Sara I am so excited to see your post I am sitting here naked typing! :o

WELCOME back and PLEASE don't leave us again.

Happy Monday, and my wish for this new week is that at the end of it - we are all losers!!! :dance:

Later, gotta get ready for work!