South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 06:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Thursday, October 30

Good morning. The dawn is nice and clear this morning so we will probably see the sun today. Too bad I'll be in the house cooking most of the day.

The turkey is back out in the car. That's my extra fridge this time of the year. I have to make the dressing this morning and pop it in the oven for noon. I hope the darn thing is thawed or it'll get the cold water treatment!

The dump opens in about an hour and 20 minutes and is on my agenda for today. Things were so much easier before recycling was introduced - now I have to go around to several different "stations" with my crud - papers. cardboard, glass, metal, ashes, wood, compost, tin cans and finally garbage! I may consider paying for the garbage pickup lad to do this and then just leave it at the curb like they do in the Big City.

Let's all send positive vibes to Rowan and the other poor California folk. It must be absolutely terrible there. As Rowean says in her posts, it is just like ****.

I'm off to do the Big Cook and Clean. The floors will be washed later in the day because it's another Muddy Paw Day!

Happy Thursday!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:06 AM   #2  

I'm going to pray that all the rain we're getting in my wee village does an about face and heads to California.

My dear Stewart ( eight year old Scottie) is laying next me on the couch..he's such a dear. Too bad I can't take him with me on my trip. He likes the ocean, but the warm weather is not good for him. He's off to a doggie hotel for the week.

I find the little muddy kittie tracks into my kitchen rather endearing..like the ones on my car. My darling, sometimes much too German, spouse does not see them as such. I had to promise him to mop the floor very soon.

Is there not a rule about housework while on vacation?
Old 10-30-2003, 07:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Happy Thursday, Ruthie!

Yes, lots of prayers for Rowan and everyone else down there.

Ruth, are you having a dinner party? What are you cooking? Besides turkey?
I see some clear skies out there! Could it be I'll be able to bring my washing in today?

DH has the morning off, and we're going to do a big grocery shop. Because I'm back OP this weekend! (oops... sorry... I'm in "just chat")

I feel really good this morning. Must be the weather.

Have a lovely day, all!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:09 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Jocaro!!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:13 AM   #5  
Mous

Prayers are first on my agenda.

Guess what I am gooing to be doing??? FF and SF of course!

Ghost Suckers

Use these for party favors, hanging them from the ceiling until ready to distribuate to your guests.

Take a round-headed lollipop. Lay the head in the center of a white handkerchief, facial tissue, or cloth square. Gather the handkerchief down around the stick and tie tightly just below the head with a rubber band, twist-tie, or string. Add 2 black dots for eyes.

You can also use these ghosts as an invitation to your party. Write the party date and location around the outside of the handkerchief before making the ghosts. If you plan to mail them, you might want to use flat round lollipops and padded envelopes.

Witches Hats

You will need Keebler® fudge striped cookies, Hershey® Kisses and a tube of orange decorator icing. Turn cookies upside down so that the chocolate side is up. Use the orange decorator icing to pipe around the hole in the center of each cooke. Place an unwrapped Kiss on the icing circle. Finish by piping around the base of the kiss and drawing a little bow.

Have a nice day.

Marcie
Old 10-30-2003, 07:40 AM   #6  
In Control: E+R=O

Thursday already!! Where in the world has this week gone?!?

Nothing too exciting on my agenda today, besides the usual....work. And of course continued prayers for those in California. I just heard on the radio this morning that there are a couple of fires in Colorado now too, near Denver I think I heard? Marcie, is that near you?? I wish I had the power to send our snow in that direction...a nice white blanket to snuff out the evil flames.

Ruth, I know too well the muddy paw dilemma! At least on my oak colored pergo floors the muddy paw prints kind of blend in and just look kind of like part of the wood grain pattern (well, I can pretend, can't I? )

Jocara, there is definitely a rule about housework while on vacation! It's definitely not a priority in my book of rules.

Hi ellis! While you're out shopping, would you mind picking up a few things for me to please? I'll send you my list....and you can just fed-ex the supplies to me. Thanks!!!

Marcie, the ghost suckers (heh heh, that's a funny phrase) and witches hats sound adorable!

Enjoy your day ladies!
Old 10-30-2003, 07:41 AM   #7  
Member Florida Chick

Wouldn't you know - here I am this a.m. for a quick cup of coffee before the rest of my wild day begins, and Ruth is baking turkeys and going to the dump and all sorts of stuff. Hope there is time for just one cup. We are having caprets shampooed this a.m. and so I may not get here again for awhile. I t neees to be done badly, but I hate the damp carpet that will remain for the rest of the day. Hi everyone. have a good day on the beach. lizzie
Old 10-30-2003, 08:00 AM   #8  
Imagine...

WOW everyone is all perky and up & at em' this fine thursday am! Back to work for a half day again today I start back full time next week Boy I sure could get used to staying at home I heard on the radio this am it was gently raining in California so lets all send more : for heavy downpours.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:39 AM   #9  

We are still getting snow this morning...We do need the moisture.

Sounds like everyone is having a very busy day....make it a good one.

Ruth....I am on my way...turkey sounds great!!!!!

Take care - off to a meeting.
Old 10-30-2003, 10:47 AM   #10  
Work in Progress

Good Morning,
It was good to wake to much better news. The abrupt change in the weather has had a tremendous and positive impact on the fires. While the winds still refuse to quiet, the temperature has dropped almost 20 degrees (35 in some places) that have given to some light rain.

Last night Lake Arrowhead lost 350 homes, but many homes were saved. This morning a group of firefighters were able to sleep and eat, some of them without sleep for 48 hours and then just a few moments and back. It reminded me of why we honor them as in 9/11, I hope that the media and everyone acknowledge these people who so bravely give themselves to preserve the community life and property, what an amazing person to live that.

I am feeling better, the air is lighter, still sad and intense and we keep asking the angels to cry more tears of rain, but the prayers of the world have had a difference, and for that I think everyone here in So. California are grateful.

I sit here listening to the weather man remind us that the rain is good now, but that we will have challenges with floods in the fire areas.....geez, can they just give us a break.

There is a lot of cold moist weather coming through, and we will pass it to Colorado respectfully --prayes that the fires there calm soon as well.

Thanks to everyone for their support mostly for those here in California who have suffered real loss, for me it is just painful to watch it happen, and I will get over it, as I sit in my home, with my things, these people really need all our prayers for a while....

hey ruth...did you brine that turkey??? or did I forget to put up that recipe for you??? I will do that this weekend, been distracted this week....

Blessings to all

rb
Old 10-30-2003, 10:49 AM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-My turkeys NEVER thaw in time, no matter HOW MUCH TIME I GIVE THEM!!! I think I have a vortex in my refrigerator that leads straight to the antarctic!!! You are always so busy!! I admire your energy; I seem to be half asleep for half the day!!!

Jocaro-I agree with you about kitty footprints! I especially like them on the car. When they are INSIDE I know I'll have to clean them up eventually, so I find that a bit less thrilling!!!

Ellis-Would you do my shopping too sweetie? While I recline on the couch and eat bon-bons?!?

Marcie-Those treats sound cute!! My son is having 2 friends over to spend the night on Halloween. They are all 13, so I go more for the gross out snacks, which is right up their alley!! Guacomole and chips become monster vomit and zombie flakes for example!!! One year I froze gummy worms in the ice cubes, but they got really mushy once they melted, and it was TOO gross for the kids!!

2dog-Hope everything is going well for you!!

Lizzie-That is something that I need to do...get my carpets cleaned!!! really only have one upstairs (and an oriental rug in the livingroom) but the cat always decides to throw up upstairs on the beige carpeting!!! GRR!!!

Sflake-You have been doing so well with this WOE!!! You are an inspiration!!!

Gmamary and everyone else coming after this...HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

HOPE IT RAINS IN CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!

Rowan-Just saw your post, and wanted to add that I'm glad things are improving. All of you in California (and Colorado) are in our thoughts.

Last edited by dentrassi; 10-30-2003 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:16 PM   #12  

Good morning everybody. You are certainly an ambitious bunch. I am tired just reading your posts

Snow, well we got it on Tuesday and Wednesday, along with strong winds. Sometimes I wish I lived on the OTHER side of the mountain, in British Columbia, but then I would have to contend with the rain and that is even worse.

I also was busy this morning. Cleaned Bathrooms and just other general cleaning.

I have been having heart pallipitations for the past couple of days and wonder if this diet is somehow related. Anybody else have this happen? I do have a rhythm problem to begin with. Just makes me a little breathless, lightheaded and tired. It seems to stop when I lay down, but I can't spend all my time doing that.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hmmm, Ruth, what time is dinner?
Closed Thread