Weight Loss Support - stay at home moms #96

View Full Version : stay at home moms #96

need2losemore
10-29-2003, 10:27 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women who devote their lives to their families and still find time to create a healthier lifestyle for themselves. Feel free to join in as we discuss our weight loss journeys, our lives, and most of all the friendships we have made here. To catch up on all of us feel free to read SAHMs #95. Welcome

need2losemore
10-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Spryng,
Hope you don't mind me using your opening. All of you write such great welcomes.
Thanks for the chicken recipie. It sounds wonderful. I think I will try it this weekend. DH and I need to eat alot better, but its hard to move to the healthier side. Especially for DH. He doesn't like it much when I replace things in the recipie for healthy stuff. Quote
"I can tell the difference. It doesn't taste the same at all!" :rolleyes:
The trunk or treat was fun, but cold. We were suppossed to have 35-40 kids show up, but only 15 were there. I made mini chocolate chip cookies for it. I only did that because I know all the moms and kids, and we trust each other. And I didn't see the point in spending $5 on a bag of candy. We don't get many trick or treaters here, so it would've gone to waste any way. I hope you all have a good day.
Ricci

Sandybrat
10-29-2003, 12:08 PM
Good Morning Ladies!! Hey Ricci... dont tell him u are switching things to be more healthy... my dad sweras he can tell when my mom uses ground turkey in her meals instead of ground beef. I only use ground turkey and he never says a thing...lol Just remember to use a bit more spices and herbs. Maybe that will help. Have a wonderful day ladies!! talk to u later

Sandy

spryng
10-29-2003, 12:27 PM
Good afternoon all!!
Ricci feel free to use my opening anytime! lol. I used to copy Ginny and Jackie's all the time too when I would open a new thread. I'm glad yor trunk or treat turned out nicely even though it was small. That just meant more goodies for the kids that did show up!! :) And I agree with Sandy about not telling him you are using something healthier in a meal. I do it now all the time and I don't change when DH comes home and he never notices the difference and I don't tell so there is no discussion about it. But he really loves WW and me on it so I don't think he would mind even if he knew! He eats out constantly so when he comes home he's ready for a home cooked meal whether it's low fat or not. :)
Sandy, I hope you are having a good day too!
My day is going well. Great actually. :) I have some jumbo shrimp thawing out for my "oven fried shrimp" dinner. Can't wait to eat it!!! It's weird because now that I am on WW I look forward to every meal like it is a treat. Especially when it's a new recipe. Well, guess I'll get off here. TTYL!

Sandybrat
10-29-2003, 01:46 PM
Spryng.. yes i am having a wonderful day... thanks so much!! That shrimp dinner sounds wonderful... thats something i need to make more of... fish and seafood... i love it but dont ever cook it... i will have to find some recipes and go for it. Care to share yours for tonite with us Spryng?? It sounds sooo good. I like the idea of looking forward to new recipes as well. I will check back later... Already did my 2 mile watp video.. i really enjoy them. Take care of U

Sandy

spryng
10-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Sure I would love to share this recipe!!

here it is:

Breaded Garlic Shrimp

4 oz shrimp
2 T wheat germ
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
dash dried parsley
salt n pepper to taste

Set oven to Broil
in a small bowl combine oil, wheat germ, and seasonings until mixture is evenly wet. Place mixture in ziplock bag, add shrimp and toss to coat. Broil until shrimp is done and coating is browned and crispy.

serves 1 @ 3 pts

So to make it for your family just adjust the recipe as needed. I bought some cocktail sauce and will have rice with this also. Enjoy!

missmom
10-29-2003, 01:58 PM
I have been off line for a bit - 2 sick kids and me too. Not fun! I did manage to loose 2lbs last week - not too much but a start!
I bought myself a pilates mat and a resistance rope. Hopefully these will aid in my exercise.
I have been doing really good on not snacking - but boy is that hard! Bad habits are hard to break!

spryng
10-29-2003, 02:17 PM
hi Laurie!! Sorry to hear you have been sick. Hopefully you are better now. Congrats on the 2 lbs gone!!! That is so great. :)
I guess it looks like I am on this computer constantly, lol. Well I keep checking to track my UPS delivery. I bought that feather bed and comforter last friday on QVC.com and it was shipped out yesterday so I keep checking to see where it is at and when I should get it. I can't wait until it's here. It's in Kansas already so I'm hoping I get it by friday!!!!
Well, the kids are down for a nap now so I guess I will surf the net for a little while. TTYL!

K2BMe
10-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Sorry to hear you have been sick Laurie. I hope you and your chilren are doing better. :) Let us know how you like the pilates. My momma did them for a while and she decided it was just to much of a work out for her. I hope it suits you better.
Sandy WTG getting your walk in. Keep up the great work! Glad you are enjoying the workout.
RIcci, can sympathize with you and the Dh. Mine is the same way. It can make it very difficult to stay OP. He hates tofu which I love and isn't a big fan of anything that isn't pork or red meat. Sooo its a pretty difficult situation. Good luck and if you come up with any idea's let me know.
Spryng, I'm dying to know what answer you have gotten and what step you are planning on taking?????:?: Its good to hear you had such a great nights sleep and are feeling well. I'm also curious about your feather bed. Is it like the oldtime beds the real feather beds? I didn't know they made them anymore. Wow I bet it will be like sleeping in a cloud. I'm SO allergic to birds tho:( Dh has a feather pillow my Mammaw got for him and he is very attached to it. Well we have to put it inside 3 pillow slips or I'll sneeze and wheeze all night!! Funny how that is, dogs cats and other pets never faze me. But birds... shew!
Ginny! How was your WI????
Ok I'll check back later my momma is suppose to call and I need to finish up this furniture I'm working on :)

spryng
10-29-2003, 06:09 PM
good evening all!
Well the shrimp came out pretty good. They say it's "oven fried"... well, it's baked... and tastes baked but you know what? The kids are eating them up like no tomorrow! So I'm glad they liked them. I am full though. 4 oz doesn't seem like much shrimp but it really is. (I had 8oz, and I couldn't eat it all)
Misty, the feather bed is from the Northern Nights collection at QVC.com. They are very high quality and are hypercleaned so that those with allergies won't have a reaction to them. And it comes with a cover to protect the feather bed. I've never slept on one and I can't wait! I've been wanting one forever though. And at QVC you can get the bed, comforter and cover protector for great prices. So that is why I went that route instead of down to my local store. :)
Well I got some shocking news today. before my DH got his cell phone he had been using his mother's phone card to call me. We were told it was 4 cents a min and we would just pay her back when her bill came in. Well it came in today and you know what?? It was 833.00!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. turns out it wasn't 4 cents a min at all but far from it... try 1.25 a min plus lots of surcharges!!! So now we have to get that money to MIL and don't know how or when. I feel so bad that her bill was so high but I'm angry that she told us it was 4 cents a min when it wasn't. She's trying to work some kind of deal out with the company but who knows. So irritating. That was a very unexpected bill... I hate those.
Well anyway... got to get off here and start winding down for the evening. TTYL!

spryng
10-29-2003, 06:12 PM
Oh I forgot to say to Misty that the feather bed is not like an old fashioned one. the one I ordered is from the silver down... which only come from the coldest regions of the world so that the feather are smaller, fluffier, and very very soft. You can get all kinds... goose down... duck down... just plain feathers, etc. But Silver Down is the softest and most durable and are crush proof. So that is why I chose that (as you can see I did a ton of research before I bought it, lol) Ok, gotta go. TTYL!

K2BMe
10-29-2003, 09:05 PM
Oh I'm having the worst night :cry: tomorrow is my birthday and I'm having serious issues. Its the first year I've celebrated a birthday with out my mammaw. I've just cried and cried the past hour. Thankful everyone here has gone to bed. I know part of it is all these crazy hormones from pregnancy. But I really do miss her. She passed away last december. She'd always call early and sing happy birthday to me. Its funny how ya miss the little things. She was so dear to me. I just have to keep reminding myself she is in a better place and not suffering now. There is still a selfish part of me that wants her here tho.

Spryng, your bed sounds wonderful. I bet it will be very comfortable. We just purchased our first new bed and mattress a few weeks ago. We got a pillow top mattress. Its VERY comfortable. I really love and so does Dh. We have had a real problem finding fitted sheets for it tho. Anyow I'm so sorry about the incident with the phone card. Those are really a racket. We had one that promised 5 cents a min but in the fine print there were certian guidelines to qualify for that rate. Needless to say we ended up in the same boat as you with a 400$ bill. Now we use prepaid cards when we travel.
Well gals bachelor Bob is on. And I could use some distraction tonight. Hope you all sleep well!

spryng
10-29-2003, 11:13 PM
Misty I am so sorry about your mammaw. But you never know... maybe your little guy will arrive tomorrow and make it a happy day for you!!! yeah I guess for a pillow top mattress you need deep pocket sheets huh? I like those too. our matresses are very old now... but they keep us off the floor so I'll keep them a while longer. lol. How did the Bachelor go?? I missed it. The O.C. started tonight again so I had to give up the bachelor. Who did he choose to go home?? Who do you think he will pick in the end??
Well my evening has went ok. I'm tired though. Guess I'll head to bed. TTYL!
Oh Ginny, how did your WI and meeting go? Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

spryng
10-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Good morning all!
A busy day planned for me. I'm getting this house ready for DH to be home tomorrow. I'm so excited to see him!!! So I'm catching up on some laundry and doing some general cleaning. But I wanted to check in real quick and see how everyone else is doing today. I hope we all have a great OP day!!! TTYL!:cool:

K2BMe
10-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Well where is everyone?? My day is starting so slow. Believe me I'd be tickeled to share this birthday with our new baby. But I'm getting use to the idea of him staying in there until Thanksgiving. I really don't feel like there is any possibility of him coming anytime soon.
Last night on the Bachelor he let go the gal that lost her grandmother (I can't remember her name). He kept the cuban girl and the Kelly jo and another dark haired girl I can't remember her name either. But I'd say he'd do alright with any of the girls that are left. They all seemed really nice and had supportive families. It was actually a pretty boring episode. But it took my mind off things. I'm doing better today. Just getting along really slow. So I have no idea what I'll be doing today. Its funny kinda like the quiet before the storm... the kids are behaving extremly well and so is Dh. Our household is generally a train wreck in the am with everyone carring on. everyone is so still... hmmmm. I'm not sure if I should be happy of suspicious. No one has mentioned my birthday yet either. Well I need to get dressed and start moving. HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!

MisMeliss
10-30-2003, 11:59 AM
Hi! I'm new here and I noticed your SAHM thread. I'm also a SAHM to 2 boys (Drew 7 and Ethan almost 6). I'm married to my HS sweetheart for 5 yrs. I'm looking for a group or person who can laugh and cry their way through this weight loss with me! (lol) I live in Pennsylvania. I've been a SAHM on and off since I had my kids.
I've also been to some degree overweight almost all of my life. It's always bothered me on some level but in recent months I've gotten to the point where I HAVE to do something about it! I want to know what it is like to shop in the "normal" stores! I weigh the most right now that I have ever weighed and that is sooo depressing!!!
Soo, I went yesterday and joined a Curves for Women (don't know if anyone has tried that or has an opinion?!?). It sounds great and I hope that it works. I did lose weight 2 years ago and I know that one of my biggest problems is exercising....at least finding the time in my day to do it! I also do really well all day until after the kiddos are in bed and the snack monster comes creeping up on me!
So, that's a little about me and why I'm here. I hope it's ok that I posted here. And I hope to get to know you all.

Thanks!
Melissa

need2losemore
10-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Welcome, Melissa. I am Ricci, sahm to two boys, 5 and 3. You will find the women here are great in supporting others in weight loss and motherhood.
I did try curves a few years ago. I didn't quite enjoy it, but I know others who love it and have had success with it. Hope to see you posting here often.
Ricci

spryng
10-30-2003, 12:47 PM
Welcome Melissa!!! I am Spryng (pronounces spring, like the season , real name btw) I'm a mother to 3 kids. Ava 3, bubba 2, and Tanner 4 months old. I too have been married for 5 years. I am so happy you have decided to join our happy little thread!! I think you will find greta motivation here because everyone is doing so well with their weight loss plans right now! I'm on weight watchers and I love it. I don't know much about Curves... I know it is a place to work out at but is it also a diet plan? I thought I heard that once. But I feel that whatever plan a person chooses doesn't matter as long as it works for them and can become a lifestyle. I have finally found the plan that does that for me and will never go off of it. :) Well I hope to get to know you better and please post as often as you like!!!
Ricci, what are you up to today? What does everyone have planned for dinner? (here I am thinking about food again, lol) I am making bean and beef enchiladas.
Well I was just hopping on here for a second and that second passed about 5 minutes ago, lol. I need to get off here. But my house is just about done. I still need to fold laundry and sweep and then I'm done. TTYL!

need2losemore
10-30-2003, 01:17 PM
I am not really doing a whole lot today, Spryng. Just some house cleaning and keeping the boys from fighting. I have been doing my workouts every morning as soon as I get out of bed. I am not sure why this workout program is not boring to me. It actually motivates me, which is good. I thought about taking the boys outside to play, because its warm, but it is extremely windy. We're talking Kansas type winds here. :) I think I just saw someones screen go flying by. At least it'll be warm when i take the boys trick or treating tomorrow. Last year it was so cold, you could only see their costume hoods.
Misty, Happy birthday.:hb: I hope you have a great day, and that you will have that baby soon. I am sure I will be back on here later.

ECmom
10-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Gee,this place has been busy......no time to get personal now.
Welcome Melissa!!!!!!!! I hope that you like it here~ there are some wonderful ladies at this thread. I have heard of curves, and have heard pretty good stuff about it. Hey, anything that gets us up and moving is good, right??? Good luck and I look foward to getting to know you later.

Gotta go back to my bus........today I had to clean it for inspection (a 4 hour job) so I am short on time. See ya later!!! (and sorry for not getting personal this time)
Ginny

jelynn
10-30-2003, 01:54 PM
Happy Birthday Michele! Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Welcome Melissa! I have boys too, 3 of them ages 5,3 and 6 months. I have heard really good things about Curves and have been curious and thinking about joining lately. Not sure if we have the $$ though. How much are you paying a month, if you don't mind me asking. The latest story I heard was a woman who just lost 100 lbs and 100 inches in a year! Anything is great if you are *doing it*!

Spryng- enchiladas sound good. I think I am going to do soup and bread though don't know what kind yet. We have 6 inches of snow on the ground and temps of about 25. Very cold and won't be a fun Halloween this year!

Hi to Ricci, Sandy, Ginny and Jen and anyone I forgot! This computer won't let me go up and check posts...

I didn't go to bed until 3:45 last night. DH and I stayed up and watched a movie and then Ian was up at 12:30 and took him awhile to settle back down. All my kids are sick. Oldest has an ear infection, but hasntkept him home from school. He also just had an appt with the ear nose and throat dr. and he wants to take his tonsils out...so that will be coming up in the next few weeks. The younger 2 boys seem to have the same virus- cold symptopns, fever off and on and goopy eyes. I'm really tired today, but am really going to try to do the 1 mile WATP tape.

I'll try to check back. Have a great day girls! :wave:

gemini
10-30-2003, 04:43 PM
Good afternoon. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MISTY!!!!!!:D

Welcome, Melissa. :) I am Jen, mom of 3, ages 8, 6, and 3 (on Sunday). Congrats on joining Curves..... I have heard good things. :)

Spryng, when you're finished, you can get your happy little cleaning feet over here.... this place is a pit!!! :lol: Oh, and I'll take one of those bean and beef burritos, too, as long as you're headed over!:D

Emily, sorry the kiddos have been sick. My middle ds had his tonsils out 2 years ago, when he was 4. Not the most fun he's ever had, but it's all a distant memory now.

Ginny, bus cleaning? I think I'd rather clean my house! Thanks for checking in! :)

Ricc, stay safe in those winds! Geesh, you wouldn't want to step out and get hit by a flying cow, or anything! (sorry, your comment about the screen made me think of that sceen from the movie "Twister"!)

Well, I am in a bit of a goofy mood. Been very busy here, and will continue to be.... I am working tonioght, Halloween tomorrow, soccer and hockey on Saturday, with a visit from my mother in between for ds's birthday, then ds's birthday celebration on Sunday............ PHEW!

I must get going and fill ghost bags with popcorn for dd's Halloween party at school tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing well. Have a spoooooooky day tomorrow!!!!

spryng
10-30-2003, 05:49 PM
Ginny you still have us all in suspense!!!! How did your meeting go yesterday?
Jen, I'm glad to see your goofy mood! lol. It's contagious.
I'm extremely happy at the moment too! My feather bed and comforter arrived a little bit ago!! I don't know who is more thrilled, me or the kids. (they love the huge box it came in) but I already have it on my bed and it is so soft and comfortable.... come on bed time! I'm ready to sleep in it!! Now I just have to get a Duvet Cover to protect my comforter. Hopefully I can get one next week.
Well my enchiladas are in the oven and I'm hungry. Hope everyone is having a great evening!!!! ttyl

KarenW
10-31-2003, 12:05 PM
Good morning!

WELCOME Melissa! I am Karen SAHM to Tyler (7) and Cassie (5). DH and I have been married 13 years and we live in Washington! You will LOVE it here! The gals are so supportive and chock full of information too! Not to mention all the laughter and fun we have discussing kids and lives too!

Ginny - Sooo.... tell us! :)

Misty! Happy birthday! When was your day! I am sorry if i am late!!!

I am so excited! I have exceeded my Halloween goal. I lost 16.5 pounds (my goal was 15) WOO HOO! I weigh the lowest I have since 1999! WOO HOO!! Here is a list of my short term goals:

1) 3.5 more to my Thanksgiving Goal of 171.5
2) 6 more pounds to my original weight loss from 1999 (169 then I am on to virgin fat!)
3)15 pounds to get to my wedding weight of 160 (1990 was the last time I was that low!!)

I am shooting for 160 by New years eve.! My birthday is New Years day (I'll be 37) and I would love to be at my wedding weight by then!

:wave: to everyone! Sorry I cant get more personal now! Hugs to all!

gemini
10-31-2003, 02:30 PM
Karen, congrats on the loss!! :)

Just a quick note to wish everyone a Happy Spook Day!!! Hope you all get treats, and few tricks!:D

K2BMe
11-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes gals :)! I've been so busy until today. Now I'm just trying to catch up and rest. I'm so tuckered. We took the girls trick or treating last night. They were a clown and a ragdoll. way to cute! We had a ball. But today I just want to lie on the sofa and sleep.

Karen wtg meeting your Halloween goal. I'm so very proud of you hon. I just know you won't have any trouble meeting your New Years Eve goal. How neat that your birthday is New years day. I always liked having my birthday near a holiday just cause of all the extra celebrating. My dh has his just a few days from Christmas and looks like our baby will have his near Thanksgiving. Oh mine was the 30th btw. I was kinda wondering it seems once you get to you lowest weight sometimes dieters will hit a stall. Are you worried about it and are you thinking about changing your plan once you get near that weight?

Ginny... where are you???? Hope you had a great holiday.

Jen, hope your birthday party goes well. And hope the week slows down for you some so you can rest.

Spryng, you'll have to let us know how you rest tonight. Is DH home to share the bed with you tonight?

Welcome Melissa. I'm Misty Michele 29 married (6 years) with 2 daughters (2 and 4 years) and a son on the way. Also a full time SAHM. Hope you feel at home and post alot.

Emily, hope all the kido are feeling better by now.

Ricci, hope you are staying safe. I can't imagine winds like that.

Ok hope I didn't miss anyone. But I gotta scoot and get some dinner on :) HAVE A GREAT EVENING!!!

KarenW
11-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Hi Gang!

Michelle - I love it now having my bday at a holiday, but absolutely hated it as a child! My family would watch football the whole time (I love it now, but didnt back then) and I always got gifts that were for both "Birthday AND Christmas!" One year I got into SOOO much trouble because I unplugged the TV in the middle of the Rose Bowl! LOL!

I have been thinking about the possibility of a stall coming up in the next 15 pounds or so. ( I was at 160 for years!) I wont be changing my WOE at all. I cant. I am on it per my doctor. So I have already talked to my DH and a Trainer at the Gym and when I hit that weight, We are springing for the fee to have a trainer at the gym, re-work my program so that I can work my body past any stall I may hit. It may take a month or two or even more if I really do stall. But I am not worried about it at all. I know that I have to eat this way for the rest of my life to stay healthy, so it wont be a problem there. I stalled for a month back at the beginning (I lost 8 pounds then stalled at my set point I was at for the last 3 years before I gained the 20 pounds this last spring on WW)

I have some really good news! I had my Body fat test again at the gym! I dropped 10 pounds since the last check (Oct 1) and my body fat dropped another 2%. WOO HOO!! :) I am so proud of myself! :)

Well, Off to pay some bills.. talk to you later! :)

spryng
11-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Good evening all!
Wow, kinda quiet around here huh?
Karen congrats on more great losses! And I wouldn't worry about an impending stall... it may never happen. Youa re doing great though.
Sorry I have been MIA. DH came home friday afternoon and I've been having a blast. We bought a digital camera today so I'm going to try posting some pics of me and the kids soon! I'm so excited!!!
Oh and I weighed in today and I lost another lb! I'm down to 153.5! I'm so thrilled.
Well I wish I could stay on longer and get more personal but alas... I need to get off here. I'll be back on later though to get some pics on here. TTYL!!!

spryng
11-02-2003, 10:53 AM
checking to see if some pics will post...

spryng
11-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Wow! I figured it out!!! I'll post a few more. The one above it Tanner at 4 months old. Taken last night! (he had some drool on him, lol)

spryng
11-02-2003, 10:56 AM
here is Joseph (aka Bubba)

spryng
11-02-2003, 10:57 AM
Here is Ava

spryng
11-02-2003, 11:00 AM
Here is Tanner again.

spryng
11-02-2003, 11:01 AM
OK here is the last one... and it's me... (brace yourself, lol) I think you may be able to see my highlights... I'm not sure... but anyway... here it is..

spryng
11-02-2003, 11:03 AM
sorry I was only able to figure out how to post one at a time. So I apologize for all the posts. I hope everyone is having a great sunday!! In just a little bit I'm taking the kids to my SIL and me and DH is having the day to ourselves! I'll check back in tonight! :) TTYL!

jelynn
11-02-2003, 11:44 AM
How fun! To log on this morning (on a brand new computer I might add!!) and see Spryng and her children! Thanks for sharing Spryng! They are all adorable :) You'll have to share how you did it! I don' t have any pictures yet on this computer- but we got a new digital camera too (our old one died with our other computer-lol) SO all sorts of fun ahead!!

I'm recommitting too- Halloween kind of did me in...my weight yesterday was back up at 238- too much sugar and fat! (I've only had oatmeal and water so far today- I'm swearing off treats- I just can't have them. I'll decide when I let myself do the moderation thing...

Well, have some more setting up to do, but wanted to check in...
have a great Sunday!

Needtoloss
11-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Hi, My name is Lynne.

I don't know if I would be considered a sahm because I do daycare in my home. So if I am in the wrong thread I am sorry.

K2BMe
11-02-2003, 01:46 PM
Karen, its good to know you have already thought about the stall happening and that you've sorda been thru it already. I remember the first time it happened to me. I was so unprepared and almost gave up... 8 weeks of being OP and stalled. SHEW talk about frustration. Your gonna have to share some of your trainer's tips with us too :)

Spryng, I was so excited to see your pictures. WOW! and your kids are adorable! Awww makes me want this baby to hurry and get here. Seems like yesterday Tanner was still in the womb. Hard to believe he is 4mo! What little dolls. I could see your highlights some. Tell us again what one you used. I forgot. Looks really good on you. Your a beautiful woman. Thanks so much for sharing. CONGRATS on being a loser too!!!

Emily, Glad to hear you are recommitting. Good luck hon. I really forgot what your plan is. Hope you are getting your new computer set up with no hassels. I think I'm going to order a Dell pretty soon.

Lynne, your more than welcome to join us here. Some of us here have other work aside from being a fulltime SAHM. So feel free to jump right in. BTW I'm Misty Michele married 6 years, mother of 2 daughters (2 and 4 years) and a son on the way. The ladies are great here. Hope to see you posting often.

Well girls I still haven't gotten caught up from Thursday. I'm begining to wonder if I ever will!! I'm still so tired too. So I'm gonna cut this short and try to sit for awhile before I try to straighten up around here.

Needtoloss
11-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Thanks k2Bme,

How exiciting for you to be almost done with you pregnancy. Remember to take it easy.

ECmom
11-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Hi!!!!!!
Welcome Lynne!!!!!!! Of course you are welcome here. Day care at home is so challenging! Some of us are part time employed outside the home (being home is a full time job)- and admittedly, when I first started on this thread I was only working 8-12 hours a week for the most part, with an occasional week going to 16 hours. Now I am working 25 hours a week- but have grown so fond of the ladies here that I won't leave until they throw me out!!!! How many children are you mommy to?? How many do you watch in addition????

Spryng- love those pictures.......and the highlights too!!! What sparkling eyes you have- and a pretty smile. Congrat on being a loser too!!!!

Michele-slow down!!!!! I know it is tough trying to get everything done between your family business and raising your girls and the house........try to enjoy the last week or two of this pregnancy, as you know how intense having a newborn can be. Enjoy Baylor while he is so easy to care for......no diapers or feedings yet!! (I know how uncomfortable this can be too).

Emily- sorry that the halloween candy called your name a bit too loudly....... (it did to me for one day too!). Good for you getting back on track and refocused. Maybe we should start some kind of challenge for Thanksgiving????? 5# off by then??? Want to join me? COngrats on the new computer too!

Well, this has been a very busy weekend.....never a dull one. We had MIL/FIL over yesterday for dinner after Dd's soccer game.....and between cooking, soccer and running kids back and forth and halloween and finishing Dd's costume.......well, it never ended. Unfortunately, I did some major stress eating yesterday.....but am much better today. I did get a walk in this am- felt rather sluggish but between some awful eating yesterday and water weight (almost that TOM again!) I can understand why. Guess I had better scoot and get dinner on for my family. Hope everyone's weekend is going well.
Take care !
Ginny

Needtoloss
11-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Hi ECmom,

Thanks for the welcome. I have two boys ( 7 & 5 ). I also do daycare for about 6 to 7 kids. Yeah, so I am pretty busy.

K2BMe
11-02-2003, 05:49 PM
I'm gona start a new thread gals :) see ya there!!!

candybar74
11-03-2003, 08:36 AM
Ricci,

Thanks! I actually meant to "reply" on the SAHM's board but instead posted a "new thread." I am still new to these message boards.

Anyways, I am looking forward to encouragement, suggestions and ideas on how to drop these stubborn 35 pounds with limited time and energy!

I am a SAHM who also works full-time from home as the Billing Specialist for a Gyn/Oncology practice. Nobody watches my kids and neither have ever been in daycare so it is like having 2 full time jobs. They even go with me to the office to pick up my stuff. They are "junior" employees and visit with everyone while I get my stuff.

There's barely anytime to do the laundry, much less exercise, but I am trying to make time. I'm looking forward to hearing how all you other SAHM's do it!

Candy

SW: 164
CW: 162
GW: 130

Height 5' 7" :moo:

Sandybrat
11-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Hello Lovely Ladies... I missed you all this weekend... lol it was a busy one for me... my brother and sister in law were here Friday and took the kidlets trick or treating, my brother even dressed up with them... lol AND my inlaws were in this weekend to visit. Busy busy busy... made lasagna Friday and everyone loved it ... even managed to make it lower fat than usual. Then the rest of the weekend was spent by the swimming pool at the hotel and out to eat...lol I didnt do as badly as i thought i would... but my inlaws like to eat late... so saturday night at 9:30 we were eating prime rib...lol Needless to say, yeasterday i had brunch and that was pretty much it... I couldnt and didnt want anythign else... my stomach must have shrunk... LOL Anyway... WELCOME to the new people... I am Sandy sahm to 3... Jordan is 10 and my daughter, Hunter and Sawyer are my boys.. and they are 7 and 4. OMG... its snowing here... right now as i am typing this...LOl sawyer is having a ball... hes bouncing off hte walls... i think he wnats the snmow... hahahaha.
Spryng... very nice pics... your children are beautiful... and so r u... Well.. guess i should go for now.. have a fabulous day everyone!! Take care of u ...

Sandy

KarenW
11-03-2003, 10:00 AM
Hey gang.. Michelle started thread # 97.. so post on over there! :)