Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 06:56 PM   #1  

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 - 60 year olds #236

G’day all,

Pleased everyone likes the collage
Just for your interest, the ‘woody’ background is a photograph we took of Lake Matheson also known as Lake Reflection in the South Island of New Zealand.

I did hear on our new service that New York baseball team was beaten by 1 point, I didn’t realise it was a Florida team that beat them nor that they were called the Marlins!

Peggy Sally is great, I am not surprised they are so popular. Isn’t it great that we can share all this on the net and we can actually see your snowkids.
By the way, did you realise you were ‘walking on water’ in the collage

Karen sorry to hear you have not been well, hope you got something to ‘fix’ you up again when you went to the doctors.

Marnie I agree we ALL look terrific.

Lily you mentioned about the ‘shiny things’ to keep the birds away, I have noticed people using ‘dud’ CD’s. I now save all my failed CD’s for my sister who runs a bit of a nursery from her home and it works a treat.

Slavika How annoying about your email. I think I have mentioned before that I have had huge problems with my emails. My ISP was infected with the swen virus and now they are up for millions in compensation. My ISP is very big (I can liken it to A T & T) and is used by many businesses, you can imagine the chaos it created.
The colour of the paint for your lounge sounds beautiful, very warm. Good luck with the washing of all your stuff out of your china cabinet
My china cabinet is dust proof……I like to think

It has been good fun doing the collage and again I have learnt so much, I am getting quicker and quicker at placing people in new backgrounds and adapting to more efficient techniques.
I received a few more calls yesterday, so it all very full on and exciting.
DH is back in Sydney, he sounded a bit more relaxed last night despite the many rumblings that are happening, I think he is almost wishing they will make him ‘redundant’.

I must be off and try and put some sort of business plan together. This has all happened so quickly that I am doing everything a bit back to front!

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 10-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #2  
Super Surfer

Talking We look just great..

Maria You did a great job on the collage. I am going to print out the blue flower background as soon as Glenda is added. WOW.. you are talented. Congrats on the "published" website, I am sure you will do well with your business. I got the Swen32 virus 3 times on Friday. My Norton picked it up and deleted it for me. my Norton. I do a live update every couple of days, I don't wait for it to come automatically.
Glenda it is good to see you back with us. Send your picture in so we can have a complete "family picture". That is such good news about the new grand baby, here's hoping it's a girl. I always sabotage my weekends.. just can't get through one without gaining.
Slavika I can hardly wait to see your home now. I am sure it is just lovely, you have such good taste. I have to attend a funeral tomorrow, but sometime during the week I will have to stop by and see the new decor.
Karen Is this the cold you had a week or two ago? If so, it sure is hanging on and you are right to see your doctor. Those cancer treatments take a long time, I am glad your Dad is getting through them okay.
Lily I found that those Outlets are not cheap, you really have to look for the bargains. Charlie's Angels didn't do it for me either.. it has to be a guy thing.
Peggy Today we have the wet snow... double YUCK. The cars have been slipping and sliding all over the place, I saw 3 fender benders on my way home today. The snow is not supposed to stay.. it had better not , it is too early. I love the Snow Kid..she is so cute. Your sister's hanging quilt is lovely too, you are talented sisters.
Marnie There are patterns out there for Raggedy Ann and Andy, I made the dolls for my DD when she was small... she has them now. I got rid of all my old patterns one day when I was cleaning out shelves.. now I am sorry I did.
Ann You really do have a lot of fun at Winter Haven. When your term is up, you will have a lot of time to enjoy yourself at these fun events. I think I would like living in a place like that. It looks like we all like short hair... we have a lot in common.

Well, I have to go and dig out my "snow clothes".. will need them tomorrow .. drat
Bye for now..
Old 10-27-2003, 09:23 PM   #3  
Member Florida Chick

Thumbs down Happy Day

Hi Everyone: Like all of you, I love the collage. It was hard to pick the background I liked best, so I may just do what Slavika did - print them all. I did sort of like the ethereal one, with the lavender background. Seemed to set off all the pictures.

Slavika: You made my day. It is nice to know someone thinks I look younger. : I think we all look great. And a lot of short hair. We are more alike than we might have thought, even tho' we are all different too.

Peggy: Your Snow Baby is adorable. What a thrill to have it on ebay, and to know that it is only available in Cincinnati.

Trudy: I'm so glad I don't have to get out snowy type clothes. We are still wearing shorts. Does that make you all a little bit jealous?:

Marnie: good luck with Raggedy Ann. That was one of my favorite stories and my kids loved it too. She is a really old doll.

Maria: Good luck with all of your new projects. How exciting. Hope that your DH doesn't have too much difficulty with work and where they want him to be. The Marlins Baseball team won the World Series, and we were happy, since the New York Yankees, even tho' they are a good team, have had lots of World Series wins and this was a first for Florida.

Lily: How do you like the Australian Vinyard? Hope you are not breathing in smoke-filled air. That whole thing is so horrible. And to think that it was Arson - maybe even teenagers. What happens to people to creat such a horror? It is beyond my comprehension.

Karen: Hope your visit to the Dr. had good results and you will soon be feeling better. Sometimes one of those miserable colds hang on so long pneumonia rears its ugly head. Hope that is not the case with you.

Glenda: Hope that you will get your phot in quickly so we can have a complete group. It was so nice to hear from you and I hope that things are going better at work.

I was trying to think how long we have been corresponding via the internet. I started with you gals when I still had webtv, and we have had the computer 21/2 years now. So my guess is at least 3 years for me. it is so nice to be able to see you all. It brings us all closer together.

Once again - Maria - THANK YOU. Ann

Last edited by Lizziepie; 10-27-2003 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 07:27 AM   #4  

Hi'

Trudy hope you really don't get any snow. It seems like it is way too early in the year for that, even in Canada. I do like some winter clothes though. I love sweaters.

Maria I didn't realize that I was walking on water. Thank you for taking the time to do it.

BTW you all are great looking "chicks"!!!!

Ann I think you look young also. It was nice to meet you.

Slavika here's something you can make for your tea time gals. You can print out a tea bag holder and put a little tea bag in it. They look cute. This site has other free printable too. http://alenkasprintables.com

I lost a lb this week. I am taking it slow - as long as there is a general downward trend.

Going to take the dog out for a walk before it rains. Then I have some shopping to do. Not exciting shopping. I have to get some paint for milk can I have to paint for my sil. She has a little farm.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:29 AM   #5  

When I went out yesterday to the doctor it was indeed snowing .YUK! And when I looked out the window this morning there is a dusting on the the ground and my car! I'm not ready for this.

Karen
Old 10-28-2003, 08:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Hello, All:

Lily, I printed the info for Raggedy Ann - Thanks! I'd love to try and make one.

Karen, hope the bug disappears real soon; Yuk: Snow; we may get some today !

Glenda am excited about having all in the collage.

Peggy, I bookmarked Alenka's printables - thank you. And CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 1 LB LOSS! Nice going - and yes, it's in the right direction!

Trudy, I think I have your email straight now!

Do you all have color printers? Mine will have to be in black & white.

Ho-hum, I'm at work and again it's boring! I may just surf the net until some work comes my way!

Later all, Marnie
Old 10-28-2003, 05:28 PM   #7  

G'day all,

Busy day for me, lots to do.

Ann Looks like Karen was the first to join 3fc in August 1999 then Slavika and myself in October 1999.
When I actually joined this group I am not really sure.
I also noted that Slavika has posted considerably more posts than myself over the past 4 years - 1396 posts to my 1019.
I did have a bit of a break of 3fc when, as some of you may remember, there was a break-away group

Peggy what a great website, love the sites with freebies!!!
I have had a very quick look around, a site to definetly keep in my favourites!
Good for you loosing 1 lb

Karen I was 14 when I came to Australia from Holland, I still remember those awful days when there was just sleet, wet miserable and cold.......but I also remember the magic of waking up to a landscape covered with thick snow.
After all this time in Australia (44 years this month) Christmas in the middle of summer when it is very hot is something that has never been the same as it was in my childhood.

Marnie hope work improves, mind you it is great to be able to surf the net at work!

Spoke to dh last night and he is a lot happier than he was last week despite the continual pressure put on him to re-locate. He now sees it as a bit of a game and no longer feels threatened by the pressure, what will be will be.

See you all tomorrow.......
Cheers
Maria
Old 10-29-2003, 08:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Here it is Wednesday, already!

You know what I was wondering this morning? Do we send each other Christmas cards? :

After reading Maria's post this morning, I realized I'm probably the "newbiest" of all. Tell me about the break-away group What was that all about?

We did get rain yesterday, but no snow!

Maria, is hard having your husband traveling so much? When my DH went periodically I kind of looked forward to it, but I'm not sure I would want him gone as much as your DH seems to be.

Trudy, I called Hancock Fabrics yesterday and they have the Raggedy Ann pattern. I'll try to pick it up today after work.

Slavika Is your computer working yet? Is the painting finished? You should take pictures to show us what was done!

See ya all later

Marnie
Old 10-29-2003, 10:29 PM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Just came in to at you all.
Havent had time to read or anything.
My Boss is in town this week so no time to play.

Will try and catch up this weekend!
Old 10-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all:
Peggy: thanks for the great site. I love freebies too, and put it in my favorites so I could come back again when my brain is in better working order. Wednesday is always the day from and today was certainly one of those. no chance to relax until now.

Maria: I decided to print one of the collages just to have readily viewable until it is complete, and my computer froze. My printer has been acting up for some reason. So will just wait a bit and try again later. Thanks for the history.

Marnie: Thanks for the compliment. Sometime it may be true confession time and I'll tell just how many years young I am.

Karen: Hope your trip to the Dr. was successful and that you are on the mend.

Slavika: Your house must be nearly complete by now. Can you show us some before and after shots?

Trudy: I still don't like snow anymore. And to think that once I was a snow skier. Guess I'm just a florida hothouse flower now.:

Lily: Do you get any of the smoke and ash near you? those fires are unbelievably horrible. Those responsible for starting them shour certainly have some sort of punishment.

Hope to see you tomorrow. We are haveing our carpets shampooed, so that will mean being in a torn up state for awhile. Good night all. Ann
Old 10-29-2003, 11:01 PM   #11  

G'day all,

Marnie just very quickly the break-away group happened because some preferred more of a 'bootcamp' approach to weight loss, no ifs or buts, no excuses. Seemed a good idea at the time and it probably is for some but I prefer the relaxed style and friendship here and it reminds me at the same time to eat sensibly!

Ann I just presume everyone is the same age as me, which is nice for some but not so nice for others
Of course some people look old and dothery and are younger than me
So I hope I am not offending anyone but I think you all look about my age 58........perhaps except for Lily who does look a bit younger than me!
Hope your carpets come up good, always nice to have nice clean carpets again.

I have decided to lease a printer for my business. It is an Epson Stylus Photo 2100, very flash. It prints A3 size and also you can print panoramic scenes. You can use a roll of photopaper and print a panoramic shot as long as you like
It also can print on CD's, I like that facility when I deliver work on CD I can actually print my business name on the blank CD. I was unaware there was a printer out there that could do that......amazing!
It has 6 individual ink cartridges and has pigmentation ink that is suppose to last longer. All in all, it should be good.
I had a customer call in this morning, she was a really nice person who teaches japanese embroidery, very interesting.

DH is home next week and maybe even the week there after, wait and see.

I must be off to the place where I will get my printer. They have offered to print one of my files so I can see the quality before I do commit to leasing it.

Here is a yet another blonde joke

A young brunette goes into the doctor's office and says that her body hurts wherever she touches it.
"Impossible," says the doctor. "Show me."
She takes her finger and pushes her elbow and screams in agony. She pushes her knee and screams, pushes her ankle and screams. Everywhere she touches makes her scream.
The doctor says, "You're not really a brunette, are you?"
The girl says "No, I'm really a blonde".
"I thought so," the doctor says. "You have a broken finger."

Cheers all,
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 10-29-2003 at 11:07 PM.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:27 AM   #12  

Maria cute joke. Sure gave me a laugh this morning. Wow that new printer sounds amazing. I have been having trouble loading one cartridge-can't imagine that many.

Marnie glad that you found a raggedy ann pattern. I was just at JoAnn Fabric and saw a picture of a set up on their bulletin board. They were big and cute. A customer must have made them. They always bring a smile to my face.

Lily hope they don't work you too hard while this week.

Karen it's way too early for snow. It's only pretty when it first starts falling and you are home watching it. Then it can disappear.

Hi Ann-got your house back together after the shampooing the carpets?

I have to go out and blow and mulch leaves again today. Try to keep up with it before it gets too cold. The trees still have so many leaves left on them and they are those big oak leaves. I think my neighbors hate me at this time of the year cause they blow. I do my best but with the street still torn up it's hard to do the front and side street.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:24 PM   #13  

G'day all,

We had a very wild and woolly night last night, it is like back to winter.
I don't mind, I have lots to keep me busy and it nice and cosy in my computer room.
Hopefully I get my printer today or tomorrow, very exciting!

DH is home tonight and home next week .

Peggywonderful invention those blowers. I have little use for mine now other than to blow my drive way but when I did have a big garden, it was just the best. Beats sweeping on a windy day

Hello to everyone else, will check in a little later.....

Cheers
Maria
Old 10-30-2003, 10:18 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Carpets all done and nearly totally dry. Will put the rest of the furniture back tomorrow a.m. Now it is time for beddy bye. And Maria, that is a real compliment thinking that I could be your age. so now I just have to fess up. In Sept. I became 74. My picture was two years old, but I think I still look about like that, except I have a few more gray hairs. I had been having my hair reverse frosted, at the time the picture was taken at my GrD graduation. So now I have gone natural. and I still have some dark hair. Like my Mom. It does give me good feelings to know that I don't look my age, and that everyone is always surprised when I tell them. I guess that must be bragging and some sort of bad pride, but that's just the way it is. So now you know, for sure that I am the 'old lady' of this Feisty and Sexy bunch. See you tomorrow. Ann
Old 10-30-2003, 10:48 PM   #15  

WOW, WOW, WOW

What is your secret Ann????
You look fantastic, I would be thrilled if I was as active, healthy and enjoying life as much as you do when I reach that age.
I personally think your secret probably is your involvement in the community, the fact you don't shy away from new technology and generally just enjoy life.
....and you are not bragging, just proud of how you look, I know I would be.

I don't know about you guys but I get constant jibes about the fact that I enjoy the net, our friendship etc. etc. Of course this is all from people who 'hate' computers and think I am crazy! (I am probably a little crazy though I would call it 'enthusiastic' )
The reality is that they are unable to even turn on a computer but it sounds so much better when you just say you 'hate' computers.
Now that I have started my own business, people look at me a bit different (goodness knows why, I still do the same!) and wonder perhaps there is something in it after all. I am even getting enquiries when I am going to start teaching basic computing skills! Amazing.

Again Ann good for you, it just goes to show 'what is age' it is all in the attitude!

Have a great weekend.
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 10-30-2003 at 10:53 PM.
Closed Thread