Carb Counters - Food Log - Oct 27 - Nov 2

View Full Version : Food Log - Oct 27 - Nov 2

KarenW
10-27-2003, 10:09 AM
Just geting us started!

Froufy
10-27-2003, 10:57 AM
Dreary, wet rainy day! - committed to getting back on plan!

Breakfast:
4 atkins mini-muffins (4)
butter (0)
decaf w/cream (3)
=7

Lunch:
4 hb eggs (2.4)
mayo (.6)
cucumbers/radishes (2.5)
1/2 c. yogurt w/sf raspberry syrup (4.5)
dip (1)
=11

Snack:
2 slices mozzarella cheese (1.2)
diet soft drink (1)
=3.2

Dinner:
pot roast w/onions (1) (already in the crockpot!!!;) )
cauliflower/brocolli w/cheese (5)
=6

Going out this evening - ceramic painting place w/ladies fund raising group - probably will stick to a coffee w/cream or diet soft drink depending on what's available (2.8)

Total:30 grams - right on the mark - scale up 1 lb today - need to rehydrate and drinks tons of water today!

Froufy
:cool:

StarPrincess
10-27-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm still struggling with veggies, but I did go shopping yesterday so I have a better variety!

Breakfast:
2 pieces of string cheese - 2

Lunch:
Grilled cheese sandwich (new bread!) - 8
Decaf w/splenda & cream - 3

Snack:
Snap peas - 2
Smoked Almonds - 2

Dinner:
Roasted Chicken - 0
Romaine salad - 2

Total - 19

Not bad - I got my veggies! I decided that I'm really not in induction anymore, so I can be more flexible with my food. I want to continue staying under 20 (or close to it) until I get much closer to my goal.

KarenW
10-27-2003, 09:10 PM
B - 2 eggs 3 sausage links, 2 cups of coffee with Heavy cream

L - Chicken Vienna Sausages and Salad with Ranch dressing

S - Pork Rinds

D - Roast Beef Green Beans

Total Carbs: 10
Total Calories: 1504

bandaid
10-27-2003, 09:37 PM
B - boiled egg, 3 strips bacon
L - salad w/ ranch
D - 2 hamburger patties, mayo & mustard dip.

and MUCH water today.

StarPrincess
10-28-2003, 03:50 PM
Froufy, you're late! Were you bad today? :s:

Breakfast:
The standard 2 string cheeses - 2
Decaf w/splenda (NO cream!!!) - 2

Lunch:
Ham sandwich - 8
Macadamia nuts - .5

Snack:
Just the Cheese - 1

Dinner:
Think I'm doing the mongolian grill thing tonight - 6??

Total - 19.5. Maybe this counting thing isn't so good....I never realized how close to 20 I push it! :o

StorybookMama
10-28-2003, 04:09 PM
This is SUCH a good idea. I've skipped over this thread before, but it gives me a GREAT idea of just how much you all are eating. Not even so much the carbs as the quantity.

I've spent years with a skewed view of a "serving size" that it's been hard paring it down to a normal size meal.

I don't know how good I'll be - but here goes:

Tuesday:

B: Scrambled Eggs with 2 sausage patties (McDonalds) 1 carb according to their website.
16 oz. Decaf coffee with cream and 4 Splendas (3 didn't work today - it was strong coffee!!) - 6 carbs (!) :eek:

Snack: summer sausage chunks (0)

Lunch: chicken salad on lettuce - guessing here since it was an office lunch and that was the lowest carb thing on the menu: 4 net carbs
1 dill pickle - 1 carb
32 oz. water

Snack: 1 oz. cheese (1)

Pre-Dinner: appetite suppressant mousse :) 3.5 carbs

Dinner: yet to be seen....

Wow - I really hit it close to 20, too. Guess I'll have to cut out the coffee altogether. It's just adding up too fast!

bandaid
10-28-2003, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure my actual carb intake, but

B: scrambled egg/cheese and 3 strips of bacon, 16 oz decaf w/ 1 splenda and cremora - I checked it says 0 carbs. ??

L: salad w/ ranch

D: 1 hamburger patty and more water.

StorybookMama
10-29-2003, 11:27 AM
Okay,

I'm just going to start now and edit as I eat.

Breakfast (no coffee today): scrambled eggs & sausage (1)

Snack: none - at doctor's office

Lunch: chicken strips from JinB (24)

Snack: none - at doctor's office

Dinner: none

Snack: 5 beef sticks at <1 carb per... and water (4 - to be safe)

So, total for the day was about 30.

StarPrincess
10-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Breakfast:
Macadamia Nuts - .5
2 Decafs w/splenda - 4

Snack:
String Cheese - 1

Lunch:
Chicken - 0
Snap peas - 2

Snack:
Celery w/cream cheese - 3

Dinner:
Steak - 0
Steamed spinach - .5

Wow! 11 grams for the day! Now if I can just avoid that evening cocktail that I've become accustomed to.... :eek:

StarPrincess
10-30-2003, 11:27 AM
Oh, I'm a bad girl! (but not too bad :devil: ) So my steak and spinach dinner last night got replaced with an unexpected dinner at red lobster with some girlfriends. I was really pretty good, but I still think I ended up closer to 30 for the day due to the use of bread crumbs in some of the food. I had 2 lobster and crab stuffed mushrooms, salad w/out croutons, and then this platter with steamed yellow squash and broccoli, broiled scallops, shrimp scampi, and sole stuffed with deviled crab. OMG - I nearly died. The bread crumb items were the stuffed mushrooms and the stuffed sole, but I only ate two mushrooms and half the fish, so how bad could it really have been?

Ok, I'm not a terribly religious person, but that confession thing is pretty neat! (at least with food ;) )

Froufy
10-30-2003, 12:10 PM
Your food sins are now forgiven -see how easy that was?

As for me - I am not doing to well? At least is does not seem that way.

Wednesday's Fiasco

10 am: big breakfast at McDonald's (no hash browns or english muffin) coffee w/cream (4)

5 pm: 3 pepperoni sticks (1.5)
diet soda (1)
sf chocolate piece (2)
=4.5

Dinner:
2 slices lc bread (8)
1 egg (.6)
butter (0)
cream (.4)
sour cream (2)
=11

Snacks:
1 tbsp peanut butter (3)
1 piece roast beef (0)
1 bite corn on the cob (?)
1/3 c yogurt (3)
diet soda (1)
=10??

Went to bed around midnight and was very hungry...but too tired and too late to eat again!

Total: about 30 carbs or more! Hovering at around 186.5 and 187..need to really inhale more water today.

Thursday:

Breakfast:
1 slice lc bread (4)
2 tbsp whipped cream cheese (.6)
decaf w/cream (2.4)
=7

Lunch:
1 cup green beans (4)
4 -5 oz grilled salmon (0)
=4

Snack:
1.5 oz mozzarella cheese (1.2)
1 oz sunflower seeds (3)
=4.2

Dinner:
2 roasted chicken drumsticks (or more?) (0)
1 c. brocolli w/grated cheese (4.3)
=4.3

Total so far 19.5 - may have another coffee or something tonight at awards ceremony??

Froufy:cool:

StorybookMama
10-30-2003, 03:32 PM
Not in the mood to eat today.... so had coffee for breakfast. Not the best choice, but it suited me today.

B: Coffee with cream/Splenda (5)

L: Deli Roast Beef & Cheese (6 - probably??)

D: Azteca "Bar" Tacos - no tortilla, just meat, cheese & tomatoes (don't really know - but probably not too many. We'll say (5) just to be safe but it's mostly meat.

S:

StarPrincess
10-30-2003, 03:38 PM
After last night's little red lobster indescretion, I'm trying to be extra good today. Thanks for the absolution, Froufy! :D

Breakfast:
Decaf w/splenda - 2
String Cheese - 2

Snack:
Macadamia Nuts - 1

Lunch:
Chicken - 0

Snack:
Celery - 1

Dinner (We'll try this again):
Steak - 0
Spinach - 1

=7 for the day. Maybe I'll have a piece of my yummy clove gum and put it at 9???? ;)

Froufy
10-30-2003, 03:46 PM
I am so hungry today - just thought I'd mention it - actually not REAL hunger just want to eat/munch...wish I had a can of those yummy macadamia nuts...I am craving them.

Just had 3 slices of mozzarella cheese and a 'talking rain" drink to fill up this big void......I think this may have done the trick.....

And I am available on a contractual basis to absolve all eating sins (for a fee of course - or a few macadamia nuts...lol)

Froufy

StarPrincess
10-30-2003, 05:07 PM
I chucked 6 chicken nuggets out the window as pennance. Does that count?

StorybookMama
10-30-2003, 05:20 PM
Okay - I am NEVER going to live that down....

StarPrincess
10-30-2003, 05:26 PM
LOL - I hope not. It's one of those things that's guaranteed to make me laugh and stick to my plan. I love it! :lol:

Froufy
10-31-2003, 12:41 PM
Well after yesterday's frenzy for food, today I seem to be much more calmer and in control - wonder what set me off yesterday? Not that hungry today - lunchtime and I am forcing myself to eat as I have a 1 pm meeting and leaving work early today.

Breakfast:
2 oz cheddar curd cheese (.6)
decaf w/cream (2.4)
=3

Lunch:
100 grams jagwurst (1)
tray of cut up veggies! - celery, cucumber, 3 cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, broccoli (5)
ranch dip (2)
=8

Snack:
5 large juicy california strawberries! (3)
1 oz macadamia nuts (4)
=7

Dinner:
2-3 chicken drumsticks (0)
cauliflower w/cheese (4)
=4

Total: 22...still room for a later snack or coffee?..but no HALLOWE'EN GOODIES FOR ME!:devil: :devil:

Froufy:cool:

StarPrincess
10-31-2003, 01:00 PM
Froufy, your hunger must have moved to me today - I'm hungry! :hun:

Breakfast:
The standard string cheese & decaf w/splenda - 4

Lunch:
BBQ bacon double cheeseburger - 1
More bacon - 0

Snack:
Celery - 1
Smoked Almonds - 1

Dinner:
didn't want to eat, so settled for some raw cauliflower - 2

total for the day - 9

gettineasy
10-31-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi! Care if another joins in??:D
Today is my 2nd day trying this Atkins plan.....I've never done anything low carb, always counted calories so it is a total change of how I think about what I can eat.
I have had several episodes of craving carbs, but so far so good I think. This thread will be a big help to me because I'm not yet sure how to figure them, etc.
So here's today so far:

Breakfast - 3 scrambled eggs w/1 tablespoon I can't believe it's not butter
Lunch - Blackened Chicken Salad from Appleby's without the garlic bread (I actually gave it to my skinny mother and told her to either eat it or destroy it!)
Snack - 1 string cheese
2 pieces baked ham lunch meat

Also have had 2 diet pepsi's. Anybody have an opinion of how I'm doing so far? I could use the evaluation. I LOVE diet-pepsi and I sure hope I don't have to give it up.
Well, thanks all!
Michelle
cw:231

StarPrincess
10-31-2003, 05:49 PM
My only suggestions on what you posted today is to use butter instead of spreads/margarine whenever possible. Spreads and margarine tend to have trans fats which are bad. It's a good rule of thumb to avoid foods that list anything "hydrogenated" or "partially hyrdogenated" on the label.

If possible, make your diet pepsi caffeine free. Caffeine messes with blood sugar levels and will make life harder for you.

Congratulations on day 2. My expericence has been that if you dedicate yourself to following the rules and focus on what you can have and do (instead of can't), this is a great WOE and very easy to do! :D

Froufy
11-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Gettineasy....

Looks like a good start - I agree with giving up the margarines and actually go for the REAL BUTTER!

Also caffeine and aspartame are no-no's on the Atkins plans: aspartame is known to stall some, and caffeine can cause insulin spikes which in turn may lead to cravings. However many individuals do not give these things up, so it's certainly a personal decision.

Make sure to have all your veggies as well and drinking WATER IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!

Not sure if you have the book - if not you should definitely make the investment - also you can visit www.atkins.com

If you don't already do so...you should get a free account and try tracking your food at www.fitday.com You can track fats, proteins, carbs to see how your doing (optimal ratios are 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbs)...don't forget to ask fitday to track fibre to get the net carbs (but you do need to subtract this yourself).

Also beware of Atkins shakes, bars and other sf chocolates/candy - while they look like they are induction friendly - they really aren't and most people do find these products cause stalls and tummy problems - best to stick with natural foods!

Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

Froufy:D

Froufy
11-02-2003, 11:08 PM
Breakfast:
1 egg (.6)
1 slice lc bread (4)
butter (0)
3 slices bacon (.7)
decaf w/cream (1.3)
tomato slice (2)
=8.6

Lunch:
2 pieces gefilte fish (4)
chicken soup broth (2)
grapes (5)
=11

Snack:
decaf w/cream (2.4)

Dinner:
steak/shrimp (0)
soup (2)
salad w/dressing (4)
grilled veggies (5)
teriyaki sauce (3)
yogurt w/sf sauce (4)
=18

total 39 LOADED CARBS - well dare I weigh in tomorrow morning?

Froufie:cool:

Jamlinrich
11-03-2003, 02:15 AM
Hey guys! Would you give me some good ideas for menus for induction. Like what your typical days may look like? Thanks.
Jamie