Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 08:35 AM   #1  
Average White Girl

Angry FIRMing Up

Hello.

I have been doing WATP tapes for awhile now, and although I enjoy them, I switched to the firm because it incorporates lifting, which I am very interested in.

I noticed that in the aerobics section of the tape I was using, she said "samba!", and started moving back and forth. This is a good work out, but I felt like I needed a choreographer to keep up. The more I do it, the better I get at it and I still love it for a work out, but I'm wondering if it's just me, or has anyone else experienced this /w the Firm tapes, having the movements be a little difficult to get used to...if anyone has any reviews/comments on the firm tapes, I'd be all about that.

Thanks much!
Old 10-28-2003, 06:01 AM   #2  
Om shanti

The FIRM operates at that barrier between reasonable and unreasonable choreography, IMHO. So far, there is only about 4%-5% of the choreography that I've been unable to pick up after six or seven times through. I don't do all of it as well as they do, but I do do much of it, now, good enough IMHO.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:39 AM   #3  

I've never been very good at grasping aerobics moves which is why I have a lot of tapes instead of a gym membership. I did find the samba routine difficult at first -- as well the routine they do at the beginning, but after many many times I started to get the hang of it. I pulled out my firm tapes last night after a long hiatus and found that I remembered how to do all the aerobics moves with the exeception of the little lunges on the last set of aerobics -- they always trip me up! I figure that even if I mess up, I'm probaby burning more calories just scurring to figure out how to do the moves or to catch up. At least you're moving, right ? Good luck!
Old 10-28-2003, 08:48 AM   #4  
Average White Girl

Thank you both for your feedback on the Firm. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not the only one having these problems. It makes me human, but at least I am still moving around.
Closed Thread