Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#431

thinthinker
10-25-2003, 09:34 PM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

BarbPA
10-25-2003, 10:24 PM
Hi Again!
I am so glad that you are enjoying our pictures from today! It will be great when more of us get to meet and share more pictures together! :) I am so tired tonight. I was just watching ER from Thursday and fell asleep on the couch. At least I get an extra hour of sleep tonight! :faint: I guess the girls wore me out with all the shopping today! :D

I have to ditto what Michelle and Kat have said! They are both wonderful, wonderful women! We had such a good time today chatting and shopping and looking at men! ;) I can't wait until we can get together again! Christmas shopping sounds great! Did I hear the Mall of America?? Sounds good to me - that place is a shoppers paradise. I've been there a couple times when I have been out there for work, but have never given myself enough extra time to see much of it- that could take days! :)

Kat - All the talking we did today and we never mentioned Survivor! :s: I was also hoping for Jon or Osten to have their flames snuffed. Jon is wearing on my nerves with "Jonny Fairplay" and Osten? What a baby! Why did he ever try out for the show - surely he had watched at least one of the prior episodes and realized that they usually require swimming, lack of food and encounters with creatures!!! However, I did like the way things were switched up a little and the sneaky one was kicked off! I'm so glad "Hagrid" is still with us! It's about time for a merge - wonder if they'll mix things ups this year! :^:

Thin - Thanks for popping in and starting a new thread. Now stop back and let us know what's going on with you!

Lucky - If only we had been able to catch that guy in time to get his number. Next time we'll try a little harder for you! :love:

Mary, Mary, Mary - That was a teaser of a post! Whatcha up to???

Allrighty gals, I am going to call it a night! Have a good one!!!

Don't forget to set your clocks back!!! And, don't forget to watch for me at the EAGLES game tomorrow! Yep :yes: I managed to get tickets off the vendor I manage at work! Let's hope for a great weather day, like today!!!

G'night All!
Love ya!
Barb
:)

LuckyLadyBug
10-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Barb, Barb, Barb WHY didn't you call me. I am a Mall of America expert. I was there opening day and hundreds of times after that.

I lived across the street from the Mall of America the first 8 years it was there. Now I live 2 1/2 hours away but still consider myself an expert.

I used to run over there just to pick up a magazine!!!!

I can get you through there in a day, if you don't dwadle! :drill:

2cute2Bfat
10-25-2003, 11:49 PM
WOW !!! What a day I have had. :D

I had a great LAST day of garage sales. I hardly have anything left to donate.
I had a great night last night, a great afternoon and great evening with my granddaughters.
I had to miss a lot of my football game ... but well worth it... to have my grandbabies combing my hair and dressing me as a princess. LOL
My beloved O.U. SOONERS won again. !!!!
Life is good !!! :D

I will try to get to everyone tomorrow. I am just tooooo excited tonight to concentrate on others. :o :lol:
I hurt from head to toe. I need a good nights rest. Doing a garage sale wears me out... having my grandbabies overnight and all day wears me out... but put them together.... :faint: LOL

Good night ladies... I am off to bed. I will read in the morning.

thinthinker
10-26-2003, 12:11 AM
Evening everyone! :wave: If you're reading this and haven't seen the pics at the end of the last thread, please go back and take a look, they're GREAT!!!

Honey and I worked a 'showgirl' job today. Just trailer checks. Honey wanted to see Scary Movie 3 so I humored him. It was STUPID!!! I slept through most of it, I was so impressed. He, of course, liked it! MEN!!! I really wanted to see Out of Time with Denzel Washington or Runaway Jury with Dustin Hoffman, Gene Hackman and John Cusack, but NO :nono: we couldn't see something with a plot! :rolleyes:

Dr. Phil has already pi$$ed me off! I'm in the middle of the first chapter and he says he's the guy that can fix me right up. Well, I'm sorry, I don't care if you think you're God and you CAN fix me up, don't come off like that! (reminds me of somebody that used to post here) I won't give up on him just yet, I'll give him a little bit more read before I throw the book away. :s: I don't mind the tough, tell it like it is stuff, just the "I'm the be all and end all" type of thing. We'll see. The jury's still out!

Michelle, Barb, Kat: WOW! Those pictures were great! I'm soooo jealous that we all couldn't get there. Multiply your experience by 4 or 5 and that's what it will be like in the Spring at 2cute's. Can you imagine? I'm sure you all talked and talked and talked. Imagine 8, 10 or 12 of us trying to do that all at the same time. :D

Michelle: It didn't hit me until I saw the pics that that's the first pic we've seen of you. You kept promising after Christmas cards last year and when I looked at my "wall of fame" guess who wasn't there........until now.

Connie: Good to see you. I think you need to get a computer at home so we can see you more often.

2cute: The garage sale sounds like it went great! Good for you. They are so much work! I used to have one every Spring. We would pack up the "good" left-overs and add to them the following year for another sale. Finally, last year and this year we gave them up. Not for lack of junk, mind you! :lol: I just get sick of setting up, taking down AND sitting for several days getting nothing constructive done.

Mary: I'm glad you're getting your closets cleaned out. If your house is anything like mine, getting hubby to do his part is like pulling teeth. I keep nagging, but it doesn't help. :(

J-ann: Good for you vowing not to get too stressed over all the company. I kinda know how you feel. I love to entertain, but once everyone is here I just want to sit and enjoy and not wait on everyone, and certainly not clean up all the mess.

Lucky: OMG, I do that too! I get to cleaning and get everything organized in piles (like on the bed) and then Walla, the closet or dresser is clean and I turn around and it's all on the bed. (and of course I'm tired and it's time to go to bed). :o I had to laugh when you pointed out the guy in the truck way in the back of the picture. Did you see the movie Bringing Down The House with Steve Martin and Queen Latifa? It was funny in that Steve Martin makes a date with Queen Latifa who he has met over the Internet. When she comes to his door, she isn't the person that he thought she was going to be from her picture. Here he thought she was the reporter in the foreground of the picture and she was actually the perp being led away in handcuffs in the background of the picture. Figures you'd notice the guy in the van! :lol:

Terri: Congrats on the loss! 4.2 is GREAT! :dance: I guess I'm stupid, but what's the "Liberty Plan"?

Well, girls, I'm outta here. After midnight and it's time for me to set the clock back and go for that extra hour of sleep tonight! See you tomorrow (oops, later today ;) )

2cute2Bfat
10-26-2003, 12:15 AM
WHAT GREAT PHOTOS !!!
I decided to take a few minutes and read before going to bed and found the photos !!! What a nice surprise !!! I forgot all about them coming today.

YOU GUYS LOOK GREAT !!!! I smiled from ear to ear just looking at them. What lovely ladies. You can "feel" the positive energy that surrounded you.

Lucky... I too noticed the person in the background.
But I thought it was a "woman". :yikes: LOL

Barb.. thanks for posting them for us all to see.
Okay... NOW I am off to bed. LOL

2cute2Bfat
10-26-2003, 12:23 AM
Thin... you posted while I was posting. LOL
Once again ... we are so much alike. LOL
Dr. Phil often makes me mad with his sense of "superiority" attitude.
BUT !!!! Don't lose the wisdom of the message because you don't like the messenger.
I am going to "look for " what can help me... and keep an open mind.
I have not boght his book yet... but I will.

Jehari
10-26-2003, 02:23 AM
Hi!!

I'm just lurking again. Not much to post about. I've just been a busy bee. I'm trying desperately to create organization out of chaos in my house. UGH!

Just wanted to say hello :wave: to everyone.

Also, I loved the pics on the last thread. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to post one of my own.

Anyhoo, I'll talk to you all later. I'll be lurking around.
Jen
:wave:

256/185/145ish

katrinabgood
10-26-2003, 09:41 AM
I have SO much to do today! Since I missed a day of cleaning, (due to events chronicled here, complete with photos!) I have to get moving! I have closets to clean out, not to mention my hutch, AND the backyard to finish raking and bagging...so I can fill up the monster dumpster sitting in my driveway!

In other words, this will be a short post!

Thin...I'm with you on ol' Dr Phil...his message may be good, but I'm a little turned off by his sense of self-omnipotence! He's just a wee bit too egotistical for my liking!

2cute...I'm glad you had such a good day...sale-wise and grand children-wise. I hope that pictures of YOU, dressed up as a princess, will be available at our Spring Fling!

Barb...Have fun at the game! The Jets should be easy to stomp! good grief...Have I turned into an Eagles fan, simply by living with one? Re: Survivior: Hee hee!!! That was great! That smug Trish had NO IDEA that she was going down! Gotta love that Savage in his Halston jacket!

Lucky...I used to run over there just to pick up a magazine!!!! ? Did you come OUT of there with just a magazine? I would feel like the time it took me just to park and fight the crowds would have to be justified by a large expenditure of cash! Can you tell I don't like malls? Of course, with you as my guide...I KNOW it would be fun!

Jen...Good to hear from you! Pop in anytime...keep us updated. Your numbers are looking good there, missy!

Okay, I'm outta here...I know if I go back to the last thread, I'll lose this one, so I'm not even trying! Hi to everone else, come on out and post!! It's a new week...a new beginning...time to re-dedicate ourselves to our healthy new lifestyles!

...and time to work off that slice of peanut butter cup pie that someone, who shall remain nameless, forced me, at gunpoint, to eat!!!

Grannie39074
10-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Here I am
I have been to Mall of America several times I love it.

I thought my computer had died this morning I nearly freeked out. I guess it is time to start looking for another one.

Today is the 1st anniversary of my Grandmothers death so I am semi here. :(

Hope to catch some of you at chat tonight.

Hello to all of you and hugs

pjkdreamer
10-26-2003, 10:43 AM
GIRLS!! YOU ARE SOME MORE POSTING CHICKS!! lAST TIME I WAS HERE JUST A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO WE WERE ON 429! NO TIME TO READ NOW, HAVE TO LEAVE FOR WORK IN ONE HOUR. HAD COMPANY ALL WEEKEND. BUT IT WAS FABULOUS! WELL CHECK IN TONIGHT WHEN I GET OFF AROUND 7PM...I LOVE YOU ALL :grouphug:

2cute2Bfat
10-26-2003, 11:52 AM
Good Morning ladies. Hope you all remember to reset your clocks.
I remembered .... but did not do it. LOL I am TRULY a procrastinator. :o

I guess I lied last night to everyone. I promised to come back and reply to everyone this morning. BUT... I just don't feel in the mood. LOL
It is 58 degrees here... and I just feel like being outside while the weather is so nice. I love fall. Cool and crisp... turning leaves... the sounds of rustling dried leaves in the breeze. I just can't stay and sit and read for an hour or more. "Maybe" tonight when hubby is in bed.

Sooooo, that confessed... I am going to go out and enjoy fall before winter sets in and keeps me homebound. I hope you all enjoy your day too.

MichelleK
10-26-2003, 12:50 PM
Kat you had peanut butter cup pie? :nono: Shame on you! But walking up and down that red brick road for a couple of hours surly burned some of it off eh??

Barb...its a beautiful day to be at an Eagles game! We are the crazy ones here with tickets in December!! I can hardly wait!

2Cute...talk about procrastination! How many times in the past few days did I say I have to get off here and get those 20 discussion questions and 2 essays done before midnite tonight? Yup....me...and do you think they are done? Nope...my nickname is Last Minute Michelle....I do my best work under pressure!

Teri...NYC...I would be willing to hop on the train with someone and go to the big apple!

Pam...where have you been for the past few days?

Lucky....I would have to drive to that Mall....I don't like planes! I would have to take the truck too...because I wouldn't be able to fit all my wares from shopping on the plane! I would have to pay extra seats!

Thin I did take some pics of me and Andrew I even printed them up from the computer on that shiny photo paper...but I HATE having my picture taken so I hated those pics and gave up!

Mary...Mary...just know we are all here for you!

Jen your stats ARE looking good!! Someday mine will be too! But someone...who will remain nameless had that gun pointed at us during lunch and you know how good those peanut butter cup pies are with chocolate ganache on the top!!

Ok where's our girl TINA! Our little Football MOM!!

I guess I really SHOULD go get that test done and emailed to my professor...I also have to participate in two threaded discussions from both of my classes. I have to post at least 3 times on each one and there are 4 total!

So...TTFN....Michelle

BarbPA
10-26-2003, 01:03 PM
Just a quick Hello! :wave: No time to talk right now - we are on our way to the train station - decided to take the train/subway to the game so we don't have to hassle with traffic!
Talk to you all later!
Have a great day!

GO EAGLES!!!

Terri in MO
10-26-2003, 01:46 PM
Hi ladies,

This will be short. I've got laundry and bills to work on plus moving a small storage cabinet so that I can move in the bigger, nicer one that DH finally finished. If I get that moved, maybe I can convince him to complete the other one.

I had a good visit with mom yesterday. We didn't accomplish anything because it rained all day long. We were inside all day. Food was so-so. I stayed long enough to go to the Fire Dept chili supper which I asked her to remind me next year that I don't need to do that again.

I'm also getting caught up on all the stuff I have taped - including Survivor and CSI. Right now, I'm going to watch last weeks "Carnivale" Does anyone else watch that and have you figured it out yet?

I would love to meet any and all of you in NYC. I'm going to have to sit the SGD down and have her show me an itinerary or something so I can know what is planned and if we have any fre time. She may not know herself but then again she's 16 and hasn't caught on to being aware of things yet.

I talked to DH last night about OK in April. He said I could go if I get down to 220. So that's my incentive.

Okay, I have to get moving. Too many things to do and not enough time.

Have a great afternoon!

thinthinker
10-26-2003, 06:51 PM
Hi everybody! :wave: Quickie Sunday post. I've been running up and downstairs all day doing laundry. YUCK! Met the 'baby' for dinner last Monday and got his tub of laundry and didn't even start on it until today. Figured it was about time along with all the rest of the week's dirty clothes.

I'm a sucker for Seafood Salad. You know the type. The stuff they sell in the deli already made up. Or the seafood salad that they put in Seafood and Crab Subway sandwiches. Well anyway, I've never been able to duplicate the 'sauce'. It never tastes just right. Well, I located a Deli Crab Salad recipe from somewhere and I played with it a bit and it came out GREAT! So, for my Soup and Salad Sunday recipe, I present:

ThinThinker's Seafood Salad

8 oz. imitation crab meat, shredded
8 oz. cooked, deveined shrimp, cut in pieces
chopped green onions or chives
2 Tablespoons fat free Miracle Whip
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
onion powder to taste
seafood seasoning to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 packet Splenda

Mix shredded crab, shrimp and onions together. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Chill.

Makes: 6 1/2 cup servings. 1 1/2 WW points per serving.
10 WW points for the whole recipe.
Tips: You can use this plain as a side dish, or on a bed of lettuce. Use in a lite bun for a nice sandwich, don't forget to add a point. Make up a cup of pasta to go with it for more of a meal and add 4 points.

Well, girls, I'm outta here. I have to run out and do a quickie job and then I'll be back to do some paperwork. I might try to catch chat if anyone shows up. See ya all later.

DON'T FORGET: Tomorrow's Monday and I'm starting FRESH! Anyone joining me????

Terri in MO
10-26-2003, 07:01 PM
I finally got back and looked at the pictures.

You gals are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! I'm so thrilled that you met and had a great time. I'm so jazzed for April.

I've managed to get the laundry almost done and made a huge dent in the paperwork.

I'm out of here to go sit upstairs and rest for the evening.

Thanks for the recipe Thin! I have a fresh start every Monday so I'll join you!

TTFN!

thinthinker
10-26-2003, 08:06 PM
I'm baaaacccckkkkk! :wave: Figured I would come back and do some replies. Actually, I'm procrastinating on doing the paperwork on the two jobs I have to write up. :yes: What a stup I am. I have to get it done, why not just DO IT!!! Oh well, I'm not, I'm here with you. :D

2cute: Sounds like the sale went great and the grandkiddies visiting was great too. You deserve a day of rest after all that! So what did you do out all day in the nice Fall weather? Something fun, I hope.

Arghhhhh! Hit enter twice and it posted before I was done. :mad:

Jen: Nice to see ya, sweetie. How's the weather over there? My geography when it comes to the world is the pitts. I can tell you all the states and capitols, but don't ask me what's across the pond. :lol: Is weather pretty similar to here, or what. BTW, you're stats are lookin' good! Good for you!!! How are you feeling? Has this been a good decision for you??? Sorry, I want to know all the gorey details.

Katrina: Gosh I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't care for some of Dr. Phil's attitude. I will go back and read some more, but I hope the whole book doesn't reek of that ego.

Mary: My thoughts are with you as you remember your grandmother! [[[hugs]]]

Pam: Hey, girl, glad you had fun with all your company. Guess it wasn't worth getting all stressed for, eh? Well, usually it's not.....worth it, that is. Just too bad we don't remember that BEFORE stressing, rather than after.

Michelle: I know, I know, you took the pics and then lost my address! Yeah, likely story! :rolleyes:

Barb: Hope you had fun at the game.

Terri: When DH said 220, did you tell him you were going no matter what???

Ok, Survivor fans. I am soooo happy that Rupert did not get voted off. My goodness, he's the best one there! But ya gotta admit, Savage did himself proud in that immunity challenge. And he does look pretty good in a suit! :T YUMMY!

Well, this post just went downhill. I think I'll quit while you all are still reading. See ya later.

If you end up in chat, just stick around for a minute. I'm going to open a second window and do my paperwork, but I'll check back every few minutes to see if anyone has popped in.

Grannie39074
10-26-2003, 08:24 PM
I'm going to chat

KayEllen
10-26-2003, 09:31 PM
I'm just trying to get back into the swing of things. I've just rejoined WW for the umpteenth time on Sept 30. I was off to a start losing 11 pounds my first week, .2 my second but gained 3 this past week.

I'll try to be here often to gather what support I may.

Thanks to thin, BarbPA and the others who chatted with me tonight. It was nice.

Have a great week...

Kay

BarbPA
10-26-2003, 09:35 PM
Eagles Won!!
:cb: :cb: :cb:

The game was so much fun. The train/subway worked out perfectly - lots of stairs and walking, but no hassle with traffic. Our seats were great -- on the 30 yd line about 20 rows up from the field. My throat hurts from so much cheering. There was, of course, the obligitory football food --- hot dogs, peanuts, pretzels.... :T

Between the game food and the peanut butter pie that someone "forced" me to eat yesterday, I've just had a "great" food weekend. Food aside, it was a wonderful weekend --- meeting the girls yesterday and watching my favorite football team today! :D

Now I need to give this tired body a good night's sleep so I can hit the gym at 6am and start the week off on a good note!!!

Sandy, Thin, 2cute --- It was great chatting with you, even thought it was only for a few minutes! :)

Night all! Sweet Dreams!
:cloud9:

BarbPA
10-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Welcome Kay!!!

This is a wonderful group of ladies! Looking forward to getting to know you!

pjkdreamer
10-26-2003, 10:18 PM
KAT, MICHELLE, AND BARB, WHAT BEAUTIFUL WOMEN YOU ARE! I AM THRILLED FOR YOU ALL THAT YOU GOT TO SPEND TIME TOGETHER, THE PICS WERE ALL GREAT!

Going to bed now, been a long day, with all the excitement of seeing friends and trying to cram everything in, in two days, plus work...I am pooped, but it is a good tired:D

Love to you all. Will ck in with you in the am.

:wave: :wave:

2cute2Bfat
10-26-2003, 11:44 PM
Hi Kay :wave: welcome to the group. I am so glad I got to meet you in chat. Hope you come back often.

Mary... I come in chat... and you LEAVE !!! I hope I don't scare you away again if I come. :lol: Hmmm, maybe you did leave because I came in ??? Please tell me it aint so !!!! ;)

Sandy... you left chat before I got back. The airport to fly into is Tulsa International Airport. I will have a date hopefully by Nov 1st or at least that first week of Nov.

Barb ... good to chat with you too. I feel like I scared everyone away. :o LOL
Can't wait until spring.

Thin... there is nothing left to say to you... we said it all last night. :lol:

TINA !!!! Where are you ??? :mag:
I am getting a little worried. I am too old to make me stress like this.

Well ladies... I missed the rest of you in chat.
Michelle... it said you left... but I never saw you there. :?:

I spent my day at the old house cleaning up and packing up all the left overs.
It ended up I had more left than I thought. LOL
BUT it was sooooo much less than I started with.
23 years in one house can sure accumulate a lot of JUNK.
Kat.. you are soooo smart cleaning out as you go. Be strong and throw it away NOW. :yes:

Well. the cold front finally made it here. I actually got cold today.
We even used our fireplace. :) I LOVE fireplaces !!!!
Our old house had a wood burning fireplace... I loved it.
The new house has gas logs. BUT.. they are really "REAL" looking. They don't look fake at all. I am amazed. I hear you can buy stuff to put in them to make them smell real. Do any of you know about this product.??

ENough talk about my everyday life.
On to more important things... like....

COMMITMENT !!!!

ATTITUDE !!!!

ENTHUSIASM !!!

PRIORITIES !!!!

WE are a weight "LOSS" thread as well as a support group and I have to recommit to MY weight loss.
I have been lax for toooooooo long now.

Commitment to my food plan and exercise

Attitude of Gratitude is my new way of thinking.
No more negative thinking... negative talking to myself... or complaining.

Enthusiasm is contagious !!! I hope we ALL catch it. :D

Priorities !!! "You always have time for what comes first in your life."
For so long it has been "others". Jobs, family, church, etc, etc.
IT IS TIME that I put ME and my HEALTH at the top of that list too.
If it is hard to imagine putting yourself before your family.... think of it this way.... when you die at age 49 from obesity... your family will manage without you. They will have no other option.
If your family is number 1... then make your family part of your exercise program.. do it together. Make feeding your family HEALTHY foods over fast foods your number 1 priority.

OOooppss... :tape:
I got off of talking about me and started preaching to you. :soap:
I am sorry... I guess that enthusiasm took over. :o
I will get off my soap box now. :ziplip:

Okay.. back to me. I have taped those four words on my computer screen.
Commitment, Attitude, Enthusiasm, and Priorities
I will read them everyday... I will practice them everyday. EVEN those days I don't want to.
Practice makes Progress !!!

2cute2Bfat
10-27-2003, 02:42 AM
Okay... guilt has set in. I HAVE to reply to everyone. I got an extra hour today in my life due to time change... so I am going to use it to reply to those I have not.

PAM... Why have you been gone for so long?? Your enthusiasm has always kept me inspired... and now that I am enthusiastic too... I want to share it back with you. ;)

Terri.. YOU ARE going to come in the spring no matter what weight !!!
You tell him if you don't... we will come beat 30lbs off of his A$$ !!! :drill: LOL
Missouri is not that far ... I can be there is a few hours !!!! I will sit on him while the rest of us LET HIM HAVE IT !!!!! :D Heck.. me just sitting on him should do it. :lol:

J-ann, JoeAnne, and Joanne ... I keep mixing you guys up. :o
I wish you would all post more so it would be easier to remember each of you.
Heck.. I need to read more. I have been gone a lot myself.

J-ann.. you are our Twoterville gal. :D It must be nice.
I got a kick out of your .."j-ann stamps her foot and puts on her "determined" look!" LOL

Joanne... you are our Homebound. You replied to everyone... but did not tell us anything about YOU in your last post. Come on... spit it out. Tell us some more info about YOU. ;)

JoeAnne.. Do you happen to post in a low carb site too?? I asked you this before.. but I don't remember your answer. I always look forward to your Thankful Thursdays... but I would love for you to post more from Friday thru Wed. :yes:

Jen... You are not only not needing 300+... you don't even need 200+.
You are just getting sooooo skinny !!!! Congrats .. that is Onederful !!!
I have had two strangers start talking to me about WLS.
Gee... I guess they think I am FAT or something. LOL
To be honest... I have thought about it myself. But I am such a COWARD.

Amanda... how is that little girl of yours?? Haven't heard much from you up there in Colorado. Have you had snow yet?

Natalie... You have been MIA too. Or are you AWOL ??
We are going to have to send the troops out to find you.
Tracey... I can't remember the last time you posted. :?:
Bring us back up to date in your life.

Steph... You definitely are NOT posting enough. :no: Come on... join in with JoeAnne and tell us MORE about YOU.

Duckie... have you gone and flown South for the winter ??? Where have you been. Tell us please.

Connie ...How is the moving coming along ?? I hope better than mine. I am NEVER going to get it all done. I am determined to be out of the old house THIS WEEK !!! First it was too hot... then I was too busy... then I just plain didn't want to do it. But now... I AM READY.

Lucky... if you come to our spring fling... I will find you a better guy than the Three Musketeers did. LOL
I can't promise he will be as tall, dark and handsome.. but he will definitely be breathing. :lol:

Michelle... It was soooo nice to "see" you. :)
I too remember those promises of pictures that never came. But it was worth the wait. You have such a lovely smile to go with that beautiful face. :) I can't wait until we meet.

Deon... I still remember you too. And I miss you. Please post again. I just pray you are reading this. Oregon is a longggg ways from Oklahoma... but I hope you will consider coming back and posting again.

Andria... I know your life has been hectic .. but I sure miss you being here more.
Did you ever get that back unemployment check. I hope they straighten out that mess.
You and Thin and I are all making a pack to be UNDER 300 by January... you are right.. it is doable!!! DRINK that water and watch those carbs. I am right there with you.

Syn... We see more of you than we did... but not as much as we want.
How is the home decorating going?? You were painting and getting new carpet last time I heard. How do you like your new home?? Hope you are planning on coming in April.

Barb... I will definitely work it out for those who want to go to the casinos get to go. And those who don't will have fun doing something else. Like sharing secrets in our rooms. LOL
There is sooo much to do here... everyone will find something.
I am just wanting to get to meet all of you. :D

Thin... I said too much to you last night... LOL
It was GREAT getting to chat for HOURS !!!!

Mary... I hope you get to come to the gathering too. It is not that far from you. I have come to Memphis several times for my daughters softball tournaments. Twice to Chattanoga.

Tina... I have even been to the Indy 500 country for softball.
I did not appreciate it's history then. I have you to thank for exposing me to a whole new world out there.

Kat... did your daughter survive being ill without mom??
I remember those days with my daughters away at college.

Sandy... did you ever hear more about your husbands cousin that was missing?? I think about them often.

It is almost 1:30am and I have to get off of here. I have been on this computer since chat at 7:30 last night. :yikes:

I am not only a procrastinator ... I am a complusive, addictive person.
I seem to be an all or nothing kind of gal. :rolleyes:
That is one reason I am overweight. I have to really WORK at being balanced. Gee... you think. LOL

Okay.. one more thing... I want to share.... Last night ... I got up to go to the bathroom and I could barely walk.
It scared the **** out of me. I am old... but not THAT old.
I could not walk because of all the damage I have done due to my excess weight, my EATING habits and NON existence of exercise in my life.
Well... I WALKED into the utility room (where I had my halloween candy hid).... and I destroyed it!!!
I could not send them down the disposal because they are individually wrapped in foil.... SOoooo I got out the rolling pin and I took out all of my aggression on them. :rollpin: REALLY !!
I flatened them like a pancake.... and then I tossed them into the trash. :D
Next I got a BIG BOTTLE of water... and drank the whole thing !!!
I FELT EMPOWERED !!!!!

Okay... now I will shut up.
I love you all !!!
Geee.. I feel like the ole 2cute of years gone by. :smug:

Jehari
10-27-2003, 04:16 AM
Mornin' chickies!!

2Cute: I love your story about smashing :rollpin: the candy bars in the middle of the night. Don't we do the most extreme things to food? :lol: Most people would think we're nuts, but we're just doing what we have to do. Good for you!! And one more thing... I don't know how many times I have to say this and to how many people, but you are NOT a coward!! Having the surgery is drastic and is not for everyone. I refuse to believe that people who don't have it are "cowards" and that people who do have it are "taking the easy way out". It really is just a matter of personal choice.

Thin: It is SO COLD :fr: here!! The average has been highs in the low 40's and lows in the 20's. Last week when I took the kids to school one morning it was 17 degrees!!! OH HOW I HATE TO BE COLD!!! I've invested in many space heaters this year cuz the radiators in this apartment just don't cut it. Brrr.
As for gorey details, there really isn't any. This was a great decision for me. I'm so glad I did it. The one thing that this surgery will not let me do that i always did before is give up. If I go off the wagon, I get sick. I can't stuff myself when I get frustrated and say to "heck with it". I can make bad food choices however, and have done so sometimes, but nobody is perfect. I have been very fortunate to have such a great recovery. I'm very happy I did it.
I wish I had been able to keep up with survivor, but my kids usually take over the TV on Friday night.

Michelle: Damn the evil :devil: peanutbutter cup pie!! Peanutbutter cups are so totally my weakness! And with halloween candy around, it's hard to resist those yummy little cups. If I eat just one little cup, I'm OK. But if I go much beyond that, boy o boy do I pay for it. Moderation is the key, and a skill that I'm still working on.

I am so bad. I just can't keep up with everyone. I'll just give a big HELLO to everyone!! :wave:

Well, I'm off to run todays errands. Talk to you all later,
Jen

256/184/145ish

2cute2Bfat
10-27-2003, 05:03 AM
Be right back...

2cute2Bfat
10-27-2003, 05:39 AM
Hi Jen... it seems strange you off and running errands and we are still asleep here in the states. LOL

I wrote another response to you post... but deleted it.
I was worried I had offended you.
I have gone back and reread your post over and over. Here is my problem sentence you wrote that I am worried about...And one more thing... I don't know how many times I have to say this and to how many people
That sounded like anger to me. I hope I did not offend you.
It was not my intent. I truly am happy for you. Maybe a little jealous because I hate being fat sooo much.

But then you said.... you are NOT a coward!! Having the surgery is drastic and is not for everyone. I refuse to believe that people who don't have it are "cowards" and that people who do have it are "taking the easy way out".

I hope you don't think ...that I think ...you took the easy way out. :no:
Hardly.... it is NOT the easy way out. I know you still have to do everything all the rest of us have to do. Learn to deal with your emotions, learn new healthier eating habits, exercise... the whole nine yards. You are just searching for a way to accomplish these things. And you are doing GREAT at it.

I don't want to dwell on this... I am probably being overly sensitive since I have been up alllll night. But I just had to come here and apologize if you even thought for a moment I thought you were taking the easy way out or sitting in judgment of you. I would NEVER do that.

As for my coward statement... well ... I am a coward. :^:
I am afraid of PAIN. :eek:
Not just for WLS... I am a coward to have my knees operated on... I am afraid to have eye lazer surgery, I was too afraid to have my gall bladder surgery when I needed it years ago.
I really am a coward. :yes:

I avoid emotional Pain as well. I bite the inner lining of my mouth to prevent me from crying in front of anyone.
I eat to avoid the pain of emotional pain.

Yes... your surgery is a personal choice.
And sometimes being a coward is also a personal choice.
I choose to avoid PAIN at any cost.
I avoid seeing old school mates because it hurts to let them see how fat I have allowed myself to get.
I chose to ....

WHOA !!! I am definitely getting carried away here.
This was a letter of apology if I had offended you... not a "True Confession" novel. :lol:
I have definitely got to get myself to bed and get some sleep.

Jen... I respect your choice. I meant nothing more .. nor anything less.
I wish sometimes I could have the courage to make the same choice.
Maybe the truth of the matter is... we both are overly sensitive tonight. I don't know.

Hope this helped more than it hurt. :shrug: LOL

------------------
Okay.. I have come back....
I have reread BOTH letters for the millionth time and I think maybe I am the only one who overreacted. :dizzy:
I was going to delete this letter too... but decided I better leave it in case I am wrong again. LOL I hope I have not caused any major damage.

I am glad you liked my rolling pin story. :D
I rolled those suckers FLAT. I put all my weight on them too. LOL
They didn't stand a chance. :lol:

Grannie39074
10-27-2003, 07:21 AM
No you did not scare me away 2cute I had to go

Jehari
10-27-2003, 07:23 AM
GOOD GRIEF NO 2CUTE!!! You didn't offend me! There was no intended anger in that post. That's the hard thing about the written words. You can't properly express an emotion. All I meant was that you shouldn't call yourself a coward. I guess it sounded to me like you were beating yourself up. And no, I don't think that you think I took the easy way out. I have heard that from other people (nobody on this thread of course) and was just taking the full range of reactions to this surgery and using it as an example. A lot of people are very judgemental (again, nobody on this thread) and I just wanted you to know that I would never judge you by whether or not you have the surgery, I woudn't call you a coward for not doing it. I'm SO SORRY for the confusion.

And yes, the time difference is really strange. I wish I could make it to chat, but by the time you guys are there, it's 2am my time and I'm out cold. :faint: As a matter of fact, it's almost time now to get going and pick my kids up from school. Yikes!! This day went fast.

Anyhoo, I am very sorry if I came off wrong. I'll pop in again later. Hope you're not mad either.

Jen

LuckyLadyBug
10-27-2003, 07:43 AM
DO NOT POST HERE GO TO 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#432