View Poll Results: What's your favourite tipple?!
Water (sheah, right!) 2 8.33%
Diet Dr Pepper (hmm, will trish choose this?) 4 16.67%
Wine (red, white, whatever) 4 16.67%
Champagne (or cava for those that can't afford it) 1 4.17%
Cocktails (long island ice teas, margaritas, etc) 5 20.83%
Beer/Lager/Ale 0 0%
Spirits (gin, vodka, whisky, tequila etc) 2 8.33%
Cider 0 0%
Fruit juice 1 4.17%
Other....details in your post please! 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 05:49 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking

Guess what?! I've been on 3fc for a whole year today! cool!
And guess what else? I went out drinking with some old friends from edinburgh uni. me? drink? never! i was so hammered i phoned up my bf on the way home (i live at the top of a very steep hill so i like to distract myself on the way up it!) and yattered on to him about how much i love him. poor boy hadn't come out cos he wanted an early night and i phone him up at midnight! doh. he said it was cool cos he was still awake and that i was very sweet. and then i ate muffins with philly cos i hadn't had dinner. top tip - don't booze on an empty stomach. i'm waffling, must actually start some work. will come back later and post properly.
love to you all,
kirsty
Old 03-22-2001, 06:09 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Morning All,

I hope we all find ourselves well this morning. well, it looks like I may be joining the Y in Ottawa afterall since a friend of mine wants a workout buddy and asked me if I would be one yesterday when I move there.

It was so cool, I was wearing this sexy black jacket I bought (in a medium to boot), with flared jeans yesterday and I yelled out to a friend of mine who I have known for about 4 years and he was like "oh my god Ali, I didn't recognize you, you look soooooo good".

Dang it, we just got a dumping of snow. I wish it was summer!

Kirsty: I am glad that your BF didn't mind

Anyhoo, Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-22-2001, 06:14 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Kirsty: The other for drink I put down is Diet Coke, I am soooooo addicted to that stuff (the caf people at my school make fun of me because I stockpile it).

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-22-2001, 08:19 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Water is Just a necessary evil that looks like vodka ;)

Ok I put spirits as my fave tipple . . . I love that word
but I should have put other b/c I love iced tea and some juices

Kirsty we all have had nights like that sounds like you had a great time

Ali thats awesome! about the jacket and the comments
I used to be addicted to Diet coke but being the good catholic (cough cough) I am I gave it up for lent after i brought a liter bottle to class one day. . . and stillll was tired!
Im off to nibble on some cardboard er Kashi
Will post more later ;D
Kierie
Old 03-22-2001, 09:08 AM   #5  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kirsty.... funny story. SOunds like you had a good time and that you have an awesome boyfriend. Wanna share? Just kidding.

Ali - that must feel great. Although parts of me wonders if (or I should say when) I get to that point... I'm afraid when people tell me how great I look I'm gonna feel like that means I didn't used to look great. I don't know... I shouldn't worry about that.

To All:

OK - I was about to do something I didn't need to do. Every morning I hop in the caff to buy my english muffin and banana... well this morning they had this "jazz brunch" - it was a design-your-own-omlett and came with home fries, crossant or toast, and sausage or bacon - all for $1.99. You wouldn't belive how bad I wanted it. And I was actually in line to order my omlett. So close. And while I realize making the choice to have that wouldn't have been the end of the world. but I want to save my splurges for special occasions. So I stepped out of the omlett line and grabbed my english muffin and banana.

It was not an easy thing to do. Parts of me still wish I had ordered it. But most of me is glad I didn't.

Remember - You Girls Rock! Have a great day and hang in there... I know I'm trying to

Lisa
Old 03-22-2001, 09:17 AM   #6  
Running Babe

Secludedgrrrl: Hi an Welcome here! I hope you find the site useful, I love it here and I love weight watchers! Good Luck

Lisa: I know what you mean about the "you look so good comments", but the fact is, when people say it they're being genuine (well for my ego I hope they are)and they probably aren't saying it to imply that I used to look bad or whatever, they're just giving a compliment. Think about one of your friends, say one usually just bums around in jeans and a sweater most of the time (my uniform), and then dresses up in a nice skirt and beautiful flattering top and has done her hair perfectly, now of course she probably looks fine in her bumming around clothes but gorgeous in the latter outfit, so saying "you look so good" is meant as a compliment rather than "you look so much better when you're not dressed in your bumming around clothes". I hope this perspective helps

Take Care Y'All

Ali
Old 03-22-2001, 09:29 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default CAFE MOCHA'S! MMMMMMMMMM

I am so addicted to cafe mocha's from Tim Horton's the bad part is they are 6 pts. I did get one today without the whip cream and I didn't even notice a big diff. I am taking a point off for the whip cream Anyways, I also love iced tea, particularly sweet tea from the south. My friend taught me to make southern tea and it is so good however not WW friendly so I haven't had it in a long time. So that PARAGRAPH answers the poll. I think it is safe to say that I am a bit wordy

Kirsty-Happy Anniversary! This is such a helpful part of my day. I assume that I too will be around for quite a while.
Ali-Aren't you glad that you were dressed to kill My friend and I always talk about that . Like when boyfriends stop by work or you run into an old friend it is such a good feeling when you are looking good. However the opposite is annoying. I always end up shopping after my Sat. morning aerobics class and I always run into someone. They must think wow becky's really let herself go. Oh well I don't care. I am not always a tootsie-la-la (that is the name my sisters and I use when we act like total girls)
Kieri-Good morning, enjoy your kashi. I am pretty sure I am not going to get any considering it is compared to cardboard
Oh yesterday I succumbed to the TOM pressure and pigged out. I was 10 over pts. YIKES. But my aerobics class tonight is 9 pts b/c we do an hr of high intensity. I never use these pts for food esp. b/c WW says not to use more than 4 activity pts. but I walked yesterday and I probably will again today so I will make up for it. I really don't feel bad about going over Is that bad?

I finished Bridget Jone's Diary last night. I am glad things turned out for her. By the way, I haven't updated you on the boy "friend" situation. I haven't talked to him. I mean I have talked to him but not "THE talk" Things have been going really well and I feel like we are working toward a deeper relationship anyways so I am hesitant to jinx (sp?) it. Then again I may be delusional (this smiley doesn't really apply but I have always wanted to use it) I know I know I need to talk to him maybe this weekend
Thanks for all of the advice and support!
Love, Becky
Old 03-22-2001, 09:40 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone, Happy Thursday!!

Well, I am in better spirits today, must of been a hump day thing?

I selected wine as my drink of choice, but at work (since I can't have wine there, go figure....) I like coca cola.

Becky ~ I love cafe mocha's! We just got a Java Jean's in town, they have everything there, including lf/ff coffee drinks, which is awesome. I love coffee, drink about 30 oz. of it every day!! Way to go on the aerobics, I also tend to pig-out at TOM time, it is just a given for me!

Tilley ~ Bravo on stepping out of line, that is great willpower!!! I love english muffin's, esp. with peanut butter on them!!

Good morning Kierie!!

Ali ~ That is awesome about the compliment! Doesn't it make your whole day!! I wish I got a compliment a day, then I would never fall off the wagon....compliments keep me on the straight and narrow!!

Happy Anniversary Kirsty!! Your drink-fest sounds fun, why is it we always call BF or ex-BF when we are drunk??? Thank goodness they understand!

Well, today we have an open house in my dept. since we moved to a new office area, so there will be lots of food around, but I brought my lunch, and I am sticking to my points for the day. It is a wonderful 50 degrees again here, so I am walking again over my lunch break.

I am happy tomorrow is Friday, and I hope the weather cooperates over the weekend so that I can get outside more.

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? Nothing here, maybe visit the grandma's and grandpa's, but other than that, laundry, cleaning etc.

Well, better get back to cleaning my office before the whole campus comes over this afternoon...check back later!!
Old 03-22-2001, 10:18 AM   #9  

Hi Everyone Very nasty weather here today... rain rain rain. Since it's not snow maybe that's a sign Spring really is here?? I'm still sickish... my throat hurts a lot, but I feel a tad more human than yesterday.

Kirsty...Congrats on the year anniversary! Yay

I'm not sure what my plans for the weekend are yet. I assumed from what we had said last weekend that my friend from Vermont (online boy) and I would be doing something...then last night he was asking what he should do on Friday. Wasn't sure how to take that lol. If it had been a "we" it wouldn't have been bad but he used "I" so... <<shrugs>> Men. I don't understand em. So I guess I'll find out tonight what the deal is. Other than that I hadn't really planned anything.

So...I hope you are all having a nice op day. Since I've been sick I've actually been doing wonderfully with that LOL.
Old 03-22-2001, 10:19 AM   #10  
Parrothead

Default I am a certified wino

Yes, I admit it I LOVE wine. I also like beer, but I would prefer wine over anything. My DH had a roommate that worked at a winery and thats where it all started. Now Dh and I have hade 2 vacations that included lots of wine tasintg!
Kirsty ~ I feel like you this morning . I had a flag football game last night (we got killed 50-6) and we went to have a beer after. Well 4 beers later I finally made it home. At least I had a glass of water in between each beer and I had earned 2 activity points playing football.

I think I only went over yesterday by 5.
Lisa ~ great job on the breakfast choice! I used to eat breakfast burritos from the deli near my office and it is soooo hard to avoid them now. I eat Clif bars in the morning and they do the trick.

Becky ~ I am a sucker for the Starbucks cafe latte! Luckily they can make it lower in fat, so I don't think it is too bad. Sweet tea is awesome! I have an Iced Tea maker and I make sweet tea all of the time. Now I use splenda instead of sugar and its OK.

Kieri ~ I gave up diet coke for lent one year and it was the hardest time! I also gave up chewing gum one year and that was tough too. Good luck!

Tonya~Congrats on the land if I haven't told you yet! Good luck on avoiding the open house food. This weekend is supposed to be nice down here (70s) so i think DH and I are going house shopping again. Fall interest rates, fall!

Ali ~ That is great that you saw someone you hadn't seen in a while and they complimented you! I have a HS reunion this summer and I hope to be at goal or less. Reunions are weird and it makes me a little nervous, but I think it will be a good time.

welcome secludedgrrrl!

To everyone else~ Hi and have a great day! I'll come back soon
Kay
Old 03-22-2001, 10:21 AM   #11  
Parrothead

Default Hi Shalyne!

Hi there! We were posting at the same time! I hope all goes well with the Vermont boy. I have to agree with you on men...they are hard to understand at times. I have been with my DH for 4 1/2 years and I still can't read him. On the other side, I doubt that I am that easist to read either ! Have a good one.

Last edited by TxAggie; 03-22-2001 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-22-2001, 10:28 AM   #12  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Back in the Office

Hello all. I just have a min to post (as I drink my 33.8 oz bottle of Diet Dr Pepper. But I am allowed because I had 32 oz of water at the gym this morning.

Anyway, show went well. I did so great on food. Most of the booths have tons of candy...but I only had 2 small bits in 18 hours of being there and I counted them right away. So that was good. I also only ate veggies w/o dip at the buffet. I was really happy with myself.

Lisa: great job realizing how you wanted to spend your points. Don't you feel in control of the food reather taht the food in control of you!

Jen: sorry to hear about emma being sick.

Ok, I will be back to post more later. Must get to work.

Trish
Old 03-22-2001, 10:30 AM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default I love Spring!

I am posting again now b/c my thurs. tend to get crazy toward the end of the day and I missed a couple of posts while Iwas posting. Our weather has been great I plan a walk today also, Tonya! I love this weather. I become a total optimist again. The winter weather seems to bring out the downer in me Speaking of which it is supposed to snow this weekend AHHHH! I think God likes to tease me.
Lisa- VICTORY! Congrats on resisting the evil omelet. You are the WOMAN!
Ali-Great perspective! Sometimes I think the same thing. I feel like I will be losing a part of myself when the weight goes. I really think that is why I sabotage myself sometimes. Who knows? But thanks!
Tanya-I am glad you understand my Tim HOrton's addiction. I have never heard of Java Jeans. Isn't it too bad about the no wine at work thing. They should want us to relax! Right?
Oh and as far as weekend plans. Tomorrow night I work at the pizza place. I think I have mentioned it before. Which is a bummer b/c I just found out I have friends coming in from Indiana and they are all getting together on Fri. Oh well I really need to let my friends at the pizza joint know that I am quitting soon. I know I don't make a lot of cash in social work but I am sick of working all of the time. Anyways Sat. I am going outlet shopping and to my guys friends B-ball games. It is the play offs so hopefull he will have 2 games. Then I am not sure what we will do. By the Way I really need to stop shopping. I am a maniac!
I will probably post a lot today if I don't get busy b/c I am just in the mood I guess!
Lots of Love,
Becky
Old 03-22-2001, 10:42 AM   #14  

Hey all-a very quick post as I am on my way to go spring skiing-I need willpower for the weekend!!!Lots of munchies will be around...I lost 1.4 at WI!! Whoo Hoo! You know how the scale goes from.1-.9 and then a whole pound...well the lady was trying to tell me it was a pound and a quarter but it's almost a pound and a half...b/c .5 is half a pound...it annoyed me-my was I possessive over my loss. more on Sunday or tomorrow if we decide to leave then instead.Lori
Old 03-22-2001, 11:35 AM   #15  
Running Babe

Okay I want some advice, but I am not sure if I want to post up the predicament. Is anyone really good w/advice I could just write someone a PM? It would be really appreciated! Thanks

Ali
Closed Thread