Weight Loss Support - Stay At Home Mom's # 95

View Full Version : Stay At Home Mom's # 95

spryng
10-25-2003, 08:55 AM
Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women who devote their lives to their families and still find time to create a healthier lifestyle for themselves. Feel free to join in as we discuss our weight loss journeys, our lives, and most of all the friendships we have made here. To catch up on all of us feel free to read SAHMs #94. Welcome!

spryng
10-25-2003, 08:58 AM
I had nothing else to do so I started the new thread. :) Can't wait to see everyone here! TTYL!

ellasmom2
10-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Hi all,
I have been reading your thread ever since I became a stay at home mom,which is about 7 months ago.
I have had an incredibly hard time losing the pregnancy weight and I have started to add some more pounds to the mix since I stopped nursing .

What's a girl to do?My biggest problem is nightime snacking(aka pigging out) and
I have found myself doing that almost everynight now .I try to distract myself with other activities but usually end up on the couch with my 2 best friends Ben and Jerry.
You guys look like a very determined bunch and I would love to get some help/support/kick in the butt/advice ...anything you've got really, from you.

Cheers :^: :^: :^: :^:

KarenW
10-25-2003, 01:32 PM
Spryng - CONGRATS on the loss!! YOu are doig so well!!

Ricci - YOu too!! Isnt it wonderful to get into smaller sizes! I still need to go shopping!! Sigh!

WELCOME Ellasmom!! I am glad you joined us!! The first thing I am going to tell you is to post often with us!!! Posting can really help you stay accountable. IT does for me.. and I know that others will tell you the same thing!!
SOme other things that might help is to find a program that works for you. WW is working great here for some, but it didnt for me. Atkins is working awesome for me. Sugar busters, South Beach, Zone, just cutting back on portions, you have to decide that part. But there are a couple of things that can help with the late night snacks. 1) DRINK LOTS OF WATER! Filling up on water can help curb the munchies at night. 2) Make sure you get enough Protien during the day. Add Protien to every meal and you will find that it keeps you full longer. The Fat/Protien Content of Atkins keeps me from snacking pretty much all day excpt when TOM is due, and then I snack on protien, Pork Rinds, Cheese, or hard boiled eggs. 3) Have 4-6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals. space them out so you are never starving.

Whatever plan you chose to do, those tips should help with the snacking at night. I have a friend that made a contract with herself. She printed it out and signed it and put copies of it on her fridge and pantry so that when she had the urge to snack at night, she would look at hr contract that said that she wouldnt snack and it stopped her cold in her tracks. That might help too!

As for me, I am in the midst of TOM. 2 WEEKS EARLY! UGH!!!! ANd I am having a lot of pain in my lower back again with this one. My leg isnt going numb though so that is good. My weigh in is Monday so I am hoping that this will help me release a few more pounds! BTW, I am only 10 pound away from my goal to get to my original weight that I lost back in 1999! (That is if that one pound I lost the other day sticks, I havent looked) But that has been a private goal for me.. to get to 169.... so I am hoping! and Praying.

My friends funeral was very wonderful. I only knew her for a few months but SHe really was a dear friend. her family made me feel welcome and the service was lovely. Ihavent cried that hard in a long time... I will miss her greatly, but I will be working on that project for her this week.

I better run we have soccer in a few... Hugs to all!! :):):)

ellasmom2
10-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Hello Karen and thank you for welcoming me within this thread.You are right on the ball when you say that writing her would help me be more accountable for what I put in my mouth.
You mentioned an array of diets in your post.The thing with me is that I eat perfectly fine during the day, you know, a good breakfast, a healthy lunch, a lighter dinner filled with protein...but as soon as baby is put to sleep around 8pm, the cookie monster shows up ans sticks around until I go to sleep.

I am going to try to write here instead of raiding the fridge and I am sure it will help..I guess we'll see tonight :smug:

I also would like to add that I have about 15lbs to lose in order to be able to fit in my old jeans which definitely is a goal of mine , along with looking good next time I go visit my family overseas .I would hate for them to open with : my oh my..you've put on some pounds "..and I just know they would
:(

I hope I get to know all of you better.
Karen: how old are your children and what are their names ?

Bea

spryng
10-25-2003, 03:16 PM
Good afternoon all!!
Welcome Ellasmom! I know all about trying to get that pregnancy weight off. My 3rd child is 4 months old and that is what I am battling. I am Spryng. My kids are Ava, 3, Bubba (aka Joseph), 2, and little Tanner, 4 months as of yesterday! I've been married for 5 years now and battling my weight all those 5 years. I'm currently on weight watchers and loving every second of it. I've lost 10 lbs so far on it and I know it will get me all the way to my goal and then some. One thing that keeps me out of the kitchen at night is exercising or surfing the net. But Karen had some good tips also. Drinking water can help you fill up. Another way is to just stop buying Ben and Jerry then you won't have to worry about eating it! :) Or buy a low fat version of it or something to replace it. I have a 1/2 gallon of healthy choice rocky road that I love but I only have it every once in a while and only 1/2 cup at a time. So it's nice to know I have something delicious in there but won't set my weight loss back. What plan are you thinking of doing? Whatever you choose we are here for you 100%! You will find that we are a great group of women and friends here. :) I can't wait to see more posts from you and to get to know you better.
Karen, sorry about TOM making a suprise visit on you. Hopefully the pain will go away though. You sure deserve a break this time with it. 10 more lbs to your first goal huh?? Are you going to break down and buy some new clothes then, lol. You have been doing so great with Atkins that you deserve a shopping spree!!!! I'm glad that funeral turned out well. It's always so sad to say goodbye but it's great to celebrate their lives too.
Well my day has been going well. I had to run to walmart to get the kids some little heaters for their rooms... it is suppose to freeze tonight! Then I ran into my MIL and FIL and went to Mcdonalds for lunch with them and since today is my day for flexpoints I had a big mac and super sized fries!!! It was good but I could only eat half of the fries, I was so full. I'm not sure what I want for dinner. I may splurge a little more. I try using all my flexpoints on the weekend so that I don't have to worry about them the rest of the week. Last week I used every last one of them on saturday and I had a loss this week so maybe my body really does need all of them instead of just some like I was doing before. I guess I'll find out at my next weigh in. :)
Ok, guess I'll get off here. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

K2BMe
10-25-2003, 03:19 PM
:lol: Karen I was like WOW whe really is Super mom with TWINS! Congrats on your loss and I'm saying prayers for you that you meet your lowest since 1999 for your weigh in. WTG!

Ginny, we picked Baylan Merle. We changed the spelling of the first name since I told you last tho. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in the pumpkin patch. Our girls are carving jack-o-lanterns today with Dh.

Jen, I can't remember what you posted about on the other thread! :dizzy: Just the part about the spagetti squash. We love it! It's really good for you and only has what 45 cals for serving. A great discovery for a dieter. I think I may have caught that you are down to a 12? WTG! keep up the great work!!

Spryng, bless your heart. I'm glad you are feeling better. We all had that virus a few weeks ago. I can't believe I never mentioned it. I had to be admitted for dehydration (just for one night). Both my girls had it, it was so awful. Congrats on losing 6.5# this mo too. I'm so happy for you!
Oh and about the spagetti squash... I usually put it in the oven at 375 on a large sheet, bake it untill I can poke it with a fork and its soft. Then you can do nearly anything with it. We like it best with butter and garlic sauce in the skillet with some oregano. I serve it as a side dish with shrimp or chicken using the same sauce and some vegi medly. It's really great for you and as far as I know a cup of squash (no sauce) is 45 cals. You can do nearly anything with it tho. I'd like to try it the way Jen did. My husband would LOVE it. I'm just not able to eat or fix any type of sausage right now. The smell makes me gag.:(

Girls I am so sorry. I can't go back and read previous posts for some reason. I really can't remember all the new gals joing. Please forgive me. I'll do better next time to remember you all. I hope you all feel welcome and post often.

I'm doing alright here. Seems like the end of this pregnancy is taking forever. I had 2 contractions this morining. I was so excited and it turned out to be a big fake! And I'm running out of things to keep me occupied. Yesterday was great tho. I took the girls shopping for their winter wardrobe. It was so neat to see them trying on hats and boots. They are growing up so fast. I can't stand it! And they are finally out of the Hello Kitty stuff... YAY! Looks like they are developing a sense of fashion and letting their different personalities show thru. I'm so excited but OH I hate letting them grow up! Oh well. It really wore me out following them all over the shops. I'm still tired today. So since everyone is out with Hoss I guess I'll hop on the sofa and rest before dinner.

ECmom
10-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Just a short hello.......and I will be back later. Welcome Bea!!!!!!!
The friendship here and support is wonderful.
Thanks for starting the new thread Spryng. Congrat on the 1.5# loss. Gotta love WW!
Hang in there Michele!!!! We are praying for you.
Karen- so sorry about TOM showing up early.
Gotta get dinner on.....see you later.
Ginny

K2BMe
10-25-2003, 06:56 PM
:dizzy: I was having the awfulest time trying to post a reply. It turned out I had to accept a verification since I changed my email address on my user settings :lol:
Oh my poor little brain!

I just came back to WELCOME BEA! This is a great place and a wonderful bunch of gals. I hope it will help your situation to post here in the evenings. I've battled that same cookie monster. I also found that finding something to help you relax will help. I use to walk in the evenings after Dh came in and the kids were asleep. It was a great way for me to unwind and I would rest well when I went to bed then. I also did yoga. It seems like at the end of my day when the kids are finally tucked in I just wanted to munch away until I felt some relief from the tention. It was great once I found a way to redirect that energy. I'm not so much worried about it now. But since my activities are compromised right now I like to do crafts in the evening.
Just to fill you in about me. I'm Misty Michele. I'm 28 (29 on Thursday!) and 36 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child, a son. I have 2 daughters Hanna and Grace who are 2 and 4 and I'm a fulltime SAHM. My DH and I have been married for near 6 years. He is a farmer and is also at the university a few days a week in the Agricultural Science dept. At the moment I'm not dieting tho I'm suppose to be watching my sodium and sugar intake. After the baby is born I plan to go back to using cardio work out and portion control/calorie counting to get back into shape. And if that fails I'm thinking about joing WW with the other girls.
Well that's me :) hope you enjoy yourself here!

gemini
10-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Hey girls....... just wanted to pop in and say "hi"....... I am between shifts at work... hope everyone is having a great weekend..... be back Monday to catch up......... :)

KarenW
10-25-2003, 10:01 PM
I dont have a whole lot of time right at the moment.. but I have to tell you all....

I was doing laundry today and decided to go through my closet and see how my winter clothes and some other items were fitting now. OMG I need to go shopping. I am asking for clothes for christmas from my parents and sister... it is so sad... everything is SOOOOOO BIG that there is no way I could wear most of it. I am giving 2 stuffed 30 gallon garbage bags to Good Will. My closet is SOOOOOOO SAD now.

BUT I did find a couple more pairs of pants that now fit again! AND I went out today and bought some UNDIES!! :) Still need some bras but at least I now have underware that fits!!

KarenW
10-25-2003, 10:02 PM
Oh Bea I forgot!

My DS Tyler is 7 and my DD Cassie is 5!

spryng
10-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Good evening all!
For some reason my email is screwed up tonight. It will tell me I have a new message but won't retrieve it. Ugh. Boy I wish I knew more about these machines. :)
But anyway... I'm sitting here trying to pass the time so I can wash this highlighting creme out of my hair. I bought the herbal essence highlighting kit and it was so easy to do!!!! I can't wait to see how it came out.
My day went very well. I used most of my flexpoints so now I am considering them gone... I won't have to worry about them the rest of the week. The kids and I wacthed Sleeping Beauty tonight on ABC. It was nice to lay on the couch with them and enjoying a show together. That was the first time either of them have seen it and my dd loved and and my ds watched most of it while he was playing with his little cars. lol.
Well... heard the timer go off. Gotta hop in the shower and get this off! TTYL!

KarenW
10-26-2003, 01:01 PM
Spryng - How did the highlights turn out? I have been dying to try the herbal essense kit myself....

Hope all are having a great weekend!

spryng
10-26-2003, 01:12 PM
The highlights came out great Karen! I couldn't believe how easy they were to do. I've done those cap and hook kits before which are very hard to do (for me anyway) but this one you get a neat little comb, squirt the solution in it and apply it where you want your highlights... it's a very thick creme so it doesn't just pour out of the comb and they make the color vibrant so you can see exactly where they will be. (that won't be your final color shade) It took me about 15 min to do the streaks and then I had to wait 30 min while they set. I washed it out and I was done! I will definitely be sticking with these highlights. I got the ones for medium to dark brown hair, and they are suppose to be copper highlights but they look blonde to me. But that is ok. I really like them. Thanks so much for asking! :) How is your weekend going?
Mine is going well. This daylight savings time has me tired. I know we are suppose to get an extra hour but tell that to my four month old! lol. I was up at 6 am, and now I'm tired! :) So I think I will sneak in a nap while they are. TTYL!

K2BMe
10-26-2003, 01:26 PM
I'm curious how it turned out too. Did you use the blonde or one of the colors (red). I was thinking about doing one after the baby is born. My hair gets so drab and dull in the winter.
We watched the Sleeping Beauty too. Our girls loved it.
Oh and that episode of csi last week... I watched the first 10 minutes of it and had to shut it off. It was devistating to me. And now to hear that it was on purpose that the man did that. Shew. I'm so glad I went to bed and didn't finish watching the show. Its so hard to acccept that these things do acturally happen in real life. A few months ago I watched and episode where a woman had her daughter in one of those Fun house/Pizzaria's and the daughter dissappeared. They found her in the restroom murdered. The child was 4 or 5. It was so horrible. I sat and watched the entire show. Its a good thing in a way, to keep us reminded and on our toes. Oh its so hard to see.

Karen, I can just feel your excitement. I hope you get lost of great pieces for your winter wardrobe. My folks have the WORST taste in clothing. My big sister is pretty much identical to mine tho. We are both very casual. I bet it was fun to go thru all those things and bag them up. How wonderful for you. Big Congrats to you. We are all so proud. :)

Well I just came on to find some rainy day crafty stuff for the girls. Its working out alot better for me to post now that I got my email fixed and am getting note that someone has posted. So I better get on the ball. DS#2 is getting really restless.

K2BMe
10-26-2003, 01:31 PM
Well I'm glad the highlights turned out and were easy to use. I guess we were posting at the same time :)

ECmom
10-26-2003, 02:27 PM
Hi!
THis weekend ended up being busier than I thought, sorry for being so short yesterday.

Bea- I hope to get to know you better too!!!! I used to post a lot at night to keep me out of the kitchen. Another trick is to brush your teeth at say 8 pm- and vow that nothing (other than water) will pass thru your lips until the next morning. WW has tons of tips for night time eaters, and I can pass them on to you if you need more. BTW, I have 3 children (although 2 are big now, Dd 17, Ds 14 and Dd 7).

Spryng- hey can you post a picture of your new hair!? I would love to see it!!!!Congrats on your success with the highlighting, with your coloring, I am sure it looks smashing.:)

Michele- did you have any luck finding a good craft to do???? I am so glad that you are posting again.....we will miss your hiatus while Baylor is making his appearance.

Karen- congrats on the empty closet!!!!!! Hey- we all remember the days when only one pair of stretched out jeans fit, cause we had gained a few. And now the pounds are coming off! Awesome and keep up the good work. I can identify with you- I really have only one dress for church that fits well ( I bought it 2 weeks ago) and most of my old stuff looks just awful. 5 more # off of me and I am going shopping again.

Did some stress eating yesterday, but still managed to stay within points range. No walk but I hope to get a short one in today. I had better get myself in gear and get something done before someone starts bugging me. See ya later!!!
Ginny

Sandybrat
10-26-2003, 03:05 PM
Glad the highlights worked out so well for u Spryng... I use the new nice and easy haircolor... it has the built in highlights... and it too is very easy and i love it! My mom and dad were here and we had a very nice visit... my mom and i never did get to curves.. but i have already told DH that i want a years membership there for christmas... and he said great! I went out this morning and bought the walk away the pounds video set... the one with the flexie thing...lol! i cant wait to try it out!! I lost another 2#'s... i am glad... i am so determinded this time even my mom noticed... she told me that she is very proud of me... she made my day! I am NOT good at accepting compliments like that. Compliment me on my cooking or painting and i can handle that... its very hard when it gets personal like weight loss... Oh well... I hope you are all having a great day! Take care of u

Sandy

ps... i am making that pork roast for dinner again today...lol i am addicted!!

spryng
10-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Good afternoon all!
Misty I guess we were posting at the same time! :) Yes I saw that other CSI too (CSI is my favorite show, well one of them) and you are right when they deal with children it really tears at your heart but it also opens our sleepy eyes to the reality that these things do happen and to never take our children for granted. What crafts did you and your girls do together?
Ginny I would like topost a pic of my hair but my web cam is on my computer which isn't working too great right now. I'll try to figure it out and get a shot taken ok? What are you planning for dinner? I think I may be making bbq chicken for dinner... but I'm not sure yet. Maybe oven fried shrimp.
Sandy congrats on another 2 lbs gone! And even though it may be hard to take a personal compliment it is really nice to get them isn't it? Helps keep us motivated!
Well, I'm going to try and see if I can figure my computer out. TTYL!

K2BMe
10-27-2003, 12:29 AM
WAHHHHHHHH! It's midnight here and I'm up doing laundry. Dd#1 is up sick (vomiting) And I was earlier. Who was it that said their son had this virus forever???? I thought we were better. It seems to just linger on. We weren't sick for a few days and its back. Ew gosh. How long is it gonna last? And is this because I'm not disinfecting well enough? OH HELP!

Ok my little break down is over. Sorry.

I'm going back to bed....

spryng
10-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Oh misty I feel so bad for you! It was my son and daugter who had that last week. It just went away but I hope it doesn't come back like your has. Hopefully you got a restful nights sleep. How are you and your dd feeling today? Be sure to stay hydrated. You don't want those braxton hicks to start up and make you miserable. Are you close to 37 weeks now?
Well I couldn't get that web cam working last night. I tried installing it on dh's computer but it wouldn't for some reason. So I won't be able to post any pics. Sorry. I really want to invest in a digital camera and a scanner too. Then I can post many pictures.
I'm so glad the week has finally started. DH will be home this friday! I can't wait to see him. :) Guess I better get off here and get my day going. Don't have anything planned for today. Just some light cleaning and that is it. TTYL!

gemini
10-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Good morning......... hope everyone had a good weekend. I got caught up on all the posts, but forgive me for not addressing you all personally.

WI this morning showed another 2lbs gone, so I am happy. I did not have a very OP weekend......... PMS and stress-eating. But today is a new day. I will attempt some damage-control over the next week.

I hope everyone who is not feeling well, Moms and kiddos alike, are feeling better this morning. And hope everyone else stays healthy. Don't forget your vitamins!

Have a good Monday............

Sandybrat
10-27-2003, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Ladies... i went out and bought the walk away the pounds videos... i did the 1 mile walk already this morning and i love it! ds did it with me...lol Laundry is going and dishes are done so its just going to be a relaxed day getting laundry done. I may do the 1 mile tape again later as well... i will do the yoga once ds goes to school. Hope you all have a wonderful day...
takle care of u...

Sandy:dance: :flow1:

KarenW
10-27-2003, 10:35 AM
Good Morning all! :):)

I am so excited! I am down 3.5 pounds this week and Lost another 7.75 inches this month! So I am down a total of 24 pounds and 24.75 inches! WOO HOO!

I even met my Halloween challenge goal of losing 15 pounds! RIght on the nose! I am so excited!! :):) Only 5 pounds to meet my Thanksgiving goal!

I have a ton to do.. so I am going to run but I had to share!! :)

Hugs to all!

K2BMe
10-27-2003, 12:04 PM
Good Morning!
Well I survived last night. Today Dd is eating and going about her buisness as usual. This virus is so strange tho. She will eat fine all day and then once she goes to bed and sleeps a few hours she wakes up vomiting. It's frustrating. I feel ok today. A little drained. I'm getting my vitimins Jen :) so is Dd. Oh I just hope it passes soon.

Jen congrats on your loss. With tom and stress eating thats a great accomplishment! Keep up the great work.
Karen. Congrats to you too. WTG meeting your goal.
Sandy glad you are enjoying your tapes.
Ginny, sorry you had a stressful day and did some stress eating. Hope today is much better for you.
Spryng, I'm still in 36 weeks untill thursday. Sorry you couldn't get our web cam going. I would have loved to seen your hair. I have both digi cam and scanner. They are so handy. With all of our family out of state its important to us so we can send pictures of the kids. It's a great investment.

Well some of you asked what craft I found yesterday. We put together raggity ann dolls made of old fashioned cloths pins. The girls really enjoyed it. It was great to because it kept them occupied for a few hours and now they have a new doll.
I missed story hr today. It was raining so hard and I just couldn't bring myself to go. Also I was kinda worried how Dd was gonna feel. Today I usually take the kids to story hr and out to lunch then pick up all the junk for Dh's lunch at the market. So I'm kinda lost since I stayed home. Our house needs serious attention. It's such a mess from the weekend. I'm just having motivation issues ;) Well, I'm gonna scoot and try to get something done here! Have a great day!!!

ECmom
10-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Good morning!!
Just a short hello-
Michele- you feeling better hon????? I hope so. You crack me up~ 36 weeks pg - 2 children to raise and a family business to run and you are worried about your house being a mess????:dizzy: I hope that you and Dd are feeling better soon. Stay hydrated!

Karen- congrats on meeting your goals and losing more. What an inspiration!!!!! And how far you have come since your surgery.:)

Jen-Hey you loser!!!!!!:D Congrats on getting another 2# off. I am sure that the scale has inspired you to get back on track.....sorry about the stress eating, but that is one way to use up some flex points. Controlled stress eating... You are doing great, hang in there!

Sandy- I joined you and did a Leslie Sansone tape today. Glad you are enjoying her, she is so motivational. Hope your day is going well.

Spryng-is this the last training week for Dh???? Wow, the time seems to have flown. Hopefully we will get to see your hair as I doubt I will be in Kansas soon........:( Tonight I am making brine marinated pork chops from WW magazine (the last issue, not the Holiday one). They sounded like something that everyone will eat - the only one who knows that it is a WW recipe is Dd. I will let you know how it is and who likes it.

It has been raining here today, so no walk. I did my 3 mile Leslie tape, so I got those AP's in. Gotta go straighten up upstairs. Have a great day!
Ginny

spryng
10-27-2003, 02:05 PM
Good afternoon all!
Karen and Jen congrats on your losses for this week!
Ginny, my dh finished his training almost 4 weeks ago! :) I guess you forgot. he's been in his own truck for almost 4 weeks now. Time if sure flying.
Misty I am so glad you and dd are feeling better today. And don't worry about your house, it will always wait for you, lol.
Well I am sorry I can't get more personal but I've been working on getting pics in my new photo album all morning and now that all the kids are down and quiet I'm off to finish that.
Oh but I was wondering if someone could post a recipe on that spaghetti squash?? Do you have to buy a squash and it is inside it or what? (I'm a little clueless about this, lol) I would really like to try some!
TTYL!

K2BMe
10-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Spaghetti Squash
bake entire squash on cookie sheet on 375 untill you can poke with a fork and it is tender. Cut open squash into quarters scrape out seeds and the noodles will break apart looking just like spaghetti.
heat skillet and add butter, squash, garlic parmasian cheese, fresh mushrooms and your choice of chicken (cubed) or shrimp. fry in skillet untill all is evenly distributed and meat is cooked.
goes well with a steamed vegi medly.
This is the way I like to fix it. You can sub the butter for cooking spray. Use your imagination, it goes well wit so many things.

ECmom
10-28-2003, 10:05 AM
Quiet here today.....
Another idea for the spaghetti squash, it microwaves well too to shorten the cooking time. I add some turkey pepperoni, red sauce and mozarella and garlic. Laura once also gave a recipe using the squash instead of pasta for a lasagna type recipe, which I have not tried as I am not sure my family will eat it. (I would) As far as cooking it, once the squash is tender, then scrape the inside with a fork and the spaghetti will form.
Michele- thanks for leaving the info on the squash. I have another recipe that calls for it in a magazine, hopefully I will be able to post it later.
Spryng- chalk it up to brain dead me.....I thought that Dh was still training, but I knew he was a bit more on his own. How does he like his new job? Guess it must be better for you now, as at least you can predict his schedule a bit. What kind of stuff is he hauling? Hope your project with the picture album went well and was nice and relaxing.

Got my walk in this am (nice and cool out!!) and have been OP with my eating. I am curious what the iron monster says tomorrow for my WI. Gotta go. Have a great morning!!:D
Ginny

KarenW
10-28-2003, 10:23 AM
Good morning all!

Ginny! Make sure to post your success! :):) Dont worry about the dead brain thing.. I asked Spryng the same question about a week ago! LOL! :)

Yesterday I had a really tough day. After posting here, I had my first migraine ever. I thought I would going blind in one eye! :stress: I ended up at the doctor who told me what was going on. She said that it could be stress, my insulin resistance, or being dehydrated, or a neurological problem. So I am now drinking even more water today and loading up on Ibuprofin because I still have the headache.. sigh... Anyone else get these? ANy advice??

Anyway.. that was my day yesterday. Today I am going to be really busy again with Daisy scouts! I need to get through this month so I can relax a bit! November will be less busy.. or so I hope anyway! :)

I will talk to you all soon!

jelynn
10-28-2003, 11:12 AM
OK, I just had a long post and lost it-grrr. Still having problems with my computer, but I have supriseingly figured out a lot. I can navagate without a mouse and do all sorts of things on the keyboard I never knew. But sometimes it glitches out like when I'm trying to post a message! I also have funky colors and can't see what I'm typing very well, so if my spelling is bad that is why!

Karen- you poor thing! I haven't ever had a migraine, but I hear they can be quite debilitating! Hope it's a one time thing for sure! :bravo: on the loss!! You are melting away! Great job and I'll bet it felt so good to clean out your closet!

Jen- :cp: WTG! You are a loser too!

Ginny- good luck tonight- I'm sure it will be good news- you've been so OP!

Michele- thanks for the sqaush recipe. DH and I both love squash! I'm thinking I might get one to add to DH's birthday dinner tomorrow night. He's requested ribs. Hope you are feeling good and taking care of yourself! Hope your girls are better too!

Spryng- what a good mom you are for keeping your photo albums up to date! I won't even say where mine end...I keep thinking I'm going to scrapbook (right) but I know I need to do something! The kids so enjoy looking at them!!

Sandy- I have the WATP videos and really enjoy them too!

Welcome Bea! :wave: I have 3 boys, 5,3 and 6 months. I'm sure you'll love it here- the support is awesome!!

I'm having a great week. Recommiteed mentally and am finally getting up and exercising before the day begins. Makes such a difference to get that done early for me. Then I want to keep the day OP!!
Better get a move on- lots to do today. I'll check in as I can and hopefully be back lots soon!!

spryng
10-28-2003, 02:11 PM
Good afternoon all!
Ginny don't worry about forgetting about my DH. I'm just impressed anyone remembers I have a DH!!! LOL. We all lead such busy lives you know. But yes he loves his job. His truck is really nice and we bought him a bunch of "toys" for it so while he is off duty or laid over he can watch movies, etc. So it really is a home away from home. He mostly hauls meat. but he did have a load of tupperwear once and a load of shoes from payless once. Oh and he goes to nabisco alot and hauls thier cookies which he loves because they give him bags upon bags to eat! He's going to come home someday at 500 lbs!! JK. :) But he loves the traveling and of course the pay. So I think it has turned out to be the best job for him. One he loves.
Ok so I have another question about this spaghetti squash. If you cut the squash open the "spaghetti" isn't there already? You have to create it by scraping it with a fork? And what kind of squash do I buy? any squash makes the spaghetti or a certain kind?? As you see I've never ever even seen it let alone cooked or ate it. :) But I am ready to try it and need all the details. (does it taste anything like spaghetti noodles in recipes?)
Karen I am so proud of you! 3.5 lbs!!! Amazing! Did your migrain go away? I've only had a handful of headaches my entire life so I really don't know anything about migrains or how to treat them. But I hope you get some relief.
Emily, I hope you get those problems fixed with your computer. But at least you are learning alot about it as you go.
Well my day has been stressful too. Starting yesterday evening my 2 yo son decided to embrace the cliche of "terrible two" he has been HORRIBLE! I don't have another word for it. he went out of his way to irritate all of us and throw tantrums over any little thing and nothing was working for him. I tried talking to him... time outs... everything, and nothing worked he continued to upset me until finally he had to go to bed. Then I thought for sure this morning he would be better... NOPE. He got up at 6 am screaming for everyone to get out of bed and woke Tanner up so everyone HAD to get up. Ugh. Then as the day goes the more obstinant he gets. Any suggestions??? I'm about to locate the duck tape and use it!!! (kidding of course) I even called DH and had him talk to him on the phone and it didn't help any. I'm about to go insane with stress over it. If I tell him no he wants to take his anger out on one of us by hitting kicking or whatever. It's got me very upset. I love that little guy but today I really wish I had someone to take him for the rest of the day. BTDT moms, any advice??
I did get my photo album caught up. I had about 15 rolls of film to put in it and now it's all current, but I have 3 more rolls to get developed so I still have more to do. But it was relaxing and I enjoyed it. I'm not a scrapbooking mom. The whole process is a little too overwhelming to me. So I just put everything in a photo album and that is it. :)
Well what does everyone have planned for dinner tonight? I'm making skillet stuffed peppers. It's a new recipe but I know I'll like it. Last night I tried skillet BBQ chicken and it was very tasty and only 4 pts a serving! Even the kids loved it.
Well I guess I will get off here and enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts. TTYL!

need2losemore
10-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Hello everyone,
Karen, I am so sorry about your migranes. I have them occasionally, and the tylenol migrane takes care of it for me in about 20 minutes. I take mine with just a swallow of Dr. pepper, because the caffine seems to help. Thats the only time I drink soda, though.
Spryng, Don't you love the terrible twos? My youngest ds started them when he was 1and a half, and now still does it at three. He can be downright horrible at times.
Does anyone have a good recipie for chicken breast? I am tired of baking it with rice. Just in the mood for something new.
Tonight I am taking my boys trick or treating. My moms club does a trunk or treat every year. We put the kids in costumes, go to the park, line up our cars and give out candy from the trunk. The kids really like this, and it gives them a safe way to trick or treat.
Hope you all have a good evening.
Ricci
ps Welcome, Bea:wave:

spryng
10-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Ricci here is a casserole you make with chicken breasts... I think Ginny posted it a few weeks ago, but it is good and filling.

Chicken n Cheese casserole:

2 C cooked macaroni
2 C coarsly chopped cooked skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
2 C canned condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 C fat free milk
8 oz low fat cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes

1. preheat oven to 350
2. In lrg casserole, combine all ingrediants, mixing well.
3. Bake, covered, 35-45 min. Remove cover; bake 10-15 min longer. Serve immediately.

Nutrition info: 262 cal, 12.7 g fat, .6 g fiber

1 cup servings, makes 8 servings @ 6 pts per serving

Hope this helps!
Ok, got to get back to my stuffed peppers now. They are almost done, yum! TTYL!

spryng
10-28-2003, 05:23 PM
Oh I forgot to add that I added sliced mushrooms to mine too and it was very good. You could also add any veggies you like. HTH

K2BMe
10-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Ginny, hope you were a big loser tomorrow on your WI! Can't wait to hear!
Karen, bless your heart. My sister suffers from migraines and she has to give herself shots when they come on. Its a sight, she's 16 and had had them since she was 13 (kinda started around the same time as her tom). I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep hydrated and hope that is the problem. Oh and I had one once and used some excedrin migraine and it kicked it. Hope you will get some rest too. Let us know how you are feeling.
Jelynn, wtg getting your workout in early. That always works best for me too. Keep up the great work and thanks for asking we all seem to be feeling alright today :)
Ricci, I love your idea of trunk or treat. I'd love to pull something together like that in my commnity. Def. gonna put some thoughts into it for next year.
Spryng, the squash is called spaghetti squash. And the noodles are all tangled and woven inside the squash it looks like a cantalope when you open it then when you begin to scrape it with a fork the noodles break apart and form spagheti. You can ask your grocer where they are in the store since your not familiar with them. It was hard for me to comprehend the first time I heard of it too. And yeah it does taste like spaghetti with the right seasons. Sometimes I just microwave it and spray it with butter flavored pam add some salt and eat it this way. There are a million dishes you can make with it.
Sorry to hear you are entering the terrible twos. I've been there :(
Dd#2 is finally fazing out and entering the terrific 2's! It's a rough period. But stick to your guns and don't let him know he is getting the best of you. Thats the worst. then they learn just what buttons to push. I'm a very strict mom. So here's what I did. When the day began and Dd w on her worst behavior I would warn her, she has to settle down and bide by the rules or she loses toys and things she is attached to. If she didn't heed the warning I packed the things in a pillow slip. Certianly caused a breakdown. I would explain to her as the day went on and she displayed accetpable behavior and she would earn her toys back. I would let her pick a toy from the pillow case each time she behaved. But afternoon she generally had everything back and was pretty good the rest of the day. Thats all I have for you. I hope it helps. But in all honesty time out never worked and sending her to bed didn't either. Good luck!

As for me I've had a pretty eventful day. I went to the market and ran errands in the am with the girls. Then this evening the girls and I went to our favorite rummage. I always find the best pieces there. Today I bought 2 book cases and a bedside table and and end table all Lane brand. They need refinishing but are sturdy and will be beautiful when I'm done. I also got a few toys for the kids, and etch a sketch and some dinosaur figurines. Loads of Dr Suess books and a kids cook book, then we hit the clothing building. I found about 15 tiny outfits for the baby and 4 or five things for the girls some GIANT sweat pants for me and about 6 sweatshirts. And here's the best part... I only spent 19 dollars! I'm telling you gals. This place is the best. All the clothes are name brand carters and oshkosh and like new. She gets her things from stores that are selling out. We always have a ball. So its ben a full day but a really great one. I'm excited to get started on the furniture tomorrow all those pieces go into the girls bedroom. The only thing I will be lacking now is a toy chest. Their room is coming along fantastic! Well I need to get along and finish up the dinner dishes. Hope you all sleep well tonight and have a GREAT OP MORNING!!!

spryng
10-28-2003, 07:30 PM
Wow Misty! i wish I was with you at that sale!! What great bargains! that is the king of shopping I like, lol. And thank you so much for explaining a spaghetti squash to me... sorry I'm so in the dark about it. but I think I can find one now and I got a great simple recipe for it already that I can't wait to try. Have you had any more contractions? Do you think you may actually go to term with this one? I know you said before your other two were born at 36 weeks and now you are almost 37 weeks, so I was just curious. Do you have short labors? I can't wait until you have your little boy! I bet your DH is getting excited too. The last few weeks my Dh was beside himself with excitement. It's like christmas for him!! lol.
Well my skillet stuffed peppers came out great and was so easy to make! Plus I have alot of pts left for this evening so i thinking about making a big bag of popcorn for me and the kids to snack on. I don't do that very often. :)
Oh and thank you misty for the advice on my ds. I don't know if taking toys away will work with him. I watched a few shows of Dr. Phil and he said you take something they "value" away and you can get them to behave. Well the thing is... he doesn't value anything. really. I've threatened taking toys away and he just goes and gets them and throws them in the garbage! He is so very stubborn. Tonight though he started in again and I put him in his room for a while and then had a nice long talk with him. I made him look at me in the eye and repeat everything I was telling him so I knew he heard me and that he was understanding what I was telling him. He is doing better now. So maybe it worked. I sure hope so. He is normally pretty good (for a toddler of course, and a boy at that) so today and yesterday was just so strange for him to be that terrible.
Oh and I have news!! Tanner rolled from his back to his belly today! he has been rolling from his belly to his back for the last two months, but had trouble getting back to his belly... well today he just worked at it and now he's rolling over! I was so proud! lol. I love the first year of their lives.. they do so much in such a small period of time and I love being a SAHM to experiance it all with them. I feel very blessed for that. :)
Well, got to go. Hope everyone is having a great evening!

K2BMe
10-28-2003, 11:16 PM
Aww congrats to little Tanner!! I'm like you and love that baby stage.
I wish I knew something else to tell you about you Ds. Is there anything he is interested in that you might withhold? cartoons, videos... anything? Thats a hard situation. My friend is going thru it with her son and her behavior dr told her to put him in a room and shut the door and to sit outside the door but not to let him know she was there. IMO that is to harsh. But they say it keeps him from tormenting his siblings and displacing his anger on them.
I'm not sure what is going on with this pregnancy. I had contractions but just the braxton hicks the other day. I'm just begining to believe I might make it till Thanksgiving. Which is fine. But I'm concerned about how large he will be and if I'll be able to deliver natural. I'll let you know as soon as I speak with my OB about it.

Well I'm up late again. I've been washing all the little outfits I bought for Baylan and getting out all of ourwinter hast and coats to take to the cleaners. Oh and I emptied the girls sock drawers :lol: they had a million socks! We will be making sock puppets tomorrow:) So I guess I'll slip off to bed!
Nighters

ECmom
10-29-2003, 06:54 AM
Good mornin'!!!!!!!
This has gotta be short, as I am posting b4 I go out for the morning run. I had to spend my am with Leslie Sansone as it is raining here. I'll let you know how the WI goes, but I am doubtful if I will get to stay for the whole meeting. This is a tight week.

Ricci- hope you tried that chicken recipe. What a winner.......I loved it and found it hard to believe that it was healthy.

Spryng- hang in there with ds (and congrats Tanner!). You, my dear sound as if you have a strong willed child- and I agree with the advice to lock him in his room until he calms himself. He has to learn to control himself and 2 is not too early. (my Ds was just like that and that is all that worked).

Karen- never had a migraine.....hope you are feeling better! I hear they are awful.......Big hugs to you. Check out webmd's web site, maybe they have some good advice.

Michele- you industrious one!!!! Guess you are feeling better? Sounds like nesting is setting in......and hopefully little Baylor soon too. My last was the latest to be born also.... hope you are feeling good.

Emily- good for you having such a good week!!!! It has to show up on the scale......and baggy jeans!!!!!!
Gotta scoot ladies.....maybe I will be back later, but I have such a busy day- tons of errands and my Walmart run.
Have a great day!!!!!
Ginny
(Jackie, if you are out there, hope you and your family are ok- I still pray for you)

gemini
10-29-2003, 08:41 AM
Hey gang.... just a quick note here..... got a busy day on tap. Taking ds for his pictures this morning, then coming home to cook/clean for the in-laws coming to dinner tonight. I've been keeping up with the posts.... just haven't been able to respond. I have had a good OP week so far, just a little light on the exercise.

Gotta scoot and hit the shower..... have a great day..... :)

spryng
10-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Good morning all!

Well I woke up very refreshed with a.m. even though it was only 6! That is a first for me (not getting up at 6 am but feeling good too) I had a great dream last night. And I know this might sound strange but I feel like someone *special* has answered an ongoing prayer for me. So I feel really good about it this morning and feel like I know what step to take next with my life. I know I know... sounds so strange... well I'll elaborate later about it all. I have to talk to DH asap about it.
I hope everyone is having a great morning! I've got to get off of here. TTYL!

need2losemore
10-29-2003, 10:25 AM
starting new thread see you there