Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Default Stay At Home Mom's # 95

Welcome all to a thread full of wonderful women who devote their lives to their families and still find time to create a healthier lifestyle for themselves. Feel free to join in as we discuss our weight loss journeys, our lives, and most of all the friendships we have made here. To catch up on all of us feel free to read SAHMs #94. Welcome!
Old 10-25-2003, 08:58 AM   #2  

I had nothing else to do so I started the new thread. Can't wait to see everyone here! TTYL!
Old 10-25-2003, 11:31 AM   #3  

Angry finally "de"lurking

Hi all,
I have been reading your thread ever since I became a stay at home mom,which is about 7 months ago.
I have had an incredibly hard time losing the pregnancy weight and I have started to add some more pounds to the mix since I stopped nursing .

What's a girl to do?My biggest problem is nightime snacking(aka pigging out) and
I have found myself doing that almost everynight now .I try to distract myself with other activities but usually end up on the couch with my 2 best friends Ben and Jerry.
You guys look like a very determined bunch and I would love to get some help/support/kick in the butt/advice ...anything you've got really, from you.

Cheers
Old 10-25-2003, 01:32 PM   #4  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Spryng - CONGRATS on the loss!! YOu are doig so well!!

Ricci - YOu too!! Isnt it wonderful to get into smaller sizes! I still need to go shopping!! Sigh!

WELCOME Ellasmom!! I am glad you joined us!! The first thing I am going to tell you is to post often with us!!! Posting can really help you stay accountable. IT does for me.. and I know that others will tell you the same thing!!
SOme other things that might help is to find a program that works for you. WW is working great here for some, but it didnt for me. Atkins is working awesome for me. Sugar busters, South Beach, Zone, just cutting back on portions, you have to decide that part. But there are a couple of things that can help with the late night snacks. 1) DRINK LOTS OF WATER! Filling up on water can help curb the munchies at night. 2) Make sure you get enough Protien during the day. Add Protien to every meal and you will find that it keeps you full longer. The Fat/Protien Content of Atkins keeps me from snacking pretty much all day excpt when TOM is due, and then I snack on protien, Pork Rinds, Cheese, or hard boiled eggs. 3) Have 4-6 small meals a day instead of 3 big meals. space them out so you are never starving.

Whatever plan you chose to do, those tips should help with the snacking at night. I have a friend that made a contract with herself. She printed it out and signed it and put copies of it on her fridge and pantry so that when she had the urge to snack at night, she would look at hr contract that said that she wouldnt snack and it stopped her cold in her tracks. That might help too!

As for me, I am in the midst of TOM. 2 WEEKS EARLY! UGH!!!! ANd I am having a lot of pain in my lower back again with this one. My leg isnt going numb though so that is good. My weigh in is Monday so I am hoping that this will help me release a few more pounds! BTW, I am only 10 pound away from my goal to get to my original weight that I lost back in 1999! (That is if that one pound I lost the other day sticks, I havent looked) But that has been a private goal for me.. to get to 169.... so I am hoping! and Praying.

My friends funeral was very wonderful. I only knew her for a few months but SHe really was a dear friend. her family made me feel welcome and the service was lovely. Ihavent cried that hard in a long time... I will miss her greatly, but I will be working on that project for her this week.

I better run we have soccer in a few... Hugs to all!!
Old 10-25-2003, 03:11 PM   #5  

Hello Karen and thank you for welcoming me within this thread.You are right on the ball when you say that writing her would help me be more accountable for what I put in my mouth.
You mentioned an array of diets in your post.The thing with me is that I eat perfectly fine during the day, you know, a good breakfast, a healthy lunch, a lighter dinner filled with protein...but as soon as baby is put to sleep around 8pm, the cookie monster shows up ans sticks around until I go to sleep.

I am going to try to write here instead of raiding the fridge and I am sure it will help..I guess we'll see tonight

I also would like to add that I have about 15lbs to lose in order to be able to fit in my old jeans which definitely is a goal of mine , along with looking good next time I go visit my family overseas .I would hate for them to open with : my oh my..you've put on some pounds "..and I just know they would

I hope I get to know all of you better.
Karen: how old are your children and what are their names ?

Bea
Old 10-25-2003, 03:16 PM   #6  

Good afternoon all!!
Welcome Ellasmom! I know all about trying to get that pregnancy weight off. My 3rd child is 4 months old and that is what I am battling. I am Spryng. My kids are Ava, 3, Bubba (aka Joseph), 2, and little Tanner, 4 months as of yesterday! I've been married for 5 years now and battling my weight all those 5 years. I'm currently on weight watchers and loving every second of it. I've lost 10 lbs so far on it and I know it will get me all the way to my goal and then some. One thing that keeps me out of the kitchen at night is exercising or surfing the net. But Karen had some good tips also. Drinking water can help you fill up. Another way is to just stop buying Ben and Jerry then you won't have to worry about eating it! Or buy a low fat version of it or something to replace it. I have a 1/2 gallon of healthy choice rocky road that I love but I only have it every once in a while and only 1/2 cup at a time. So it's nice to know I have something delicious in there but won't set my weight loss back. What plan are you thinking of doing? Whatever you choose we are here for you 100%! You will find that we are a great group of women and friends here. I can't wait to see more posts from you and to get to know you better.
Karen, sorry about TOM making a suprise visit on you. Hopefully the pain will go away though. You sure deserve a break this time with it. 10 more lbs to your first goal huh?? Are you going to break down and buy some new clothes then, lol. You have been doing so great with Atkins that you deserve a shopping spree!!!! I'm glad that funeral turned out well. It's always so sad to say goodbye but it's great to celebrate their lives too.
Well my day has been going well. I had to run to walmart to get the kids some little heaters for their rooms... it is suppose to freeze tonight! Then I ran into my MIL and FIL and went to Mcdonalds for lunch with them and since today is my day for flexpoints I had a big mac and super sized fries!!! It was good but I could only eat half of the fries, I was so full. I'm not sure what I want for dinner. I may splurge a little more. I try using all my flexpoints on the weekend so that I don't have to worry about them the rest of the week. Last week I used every last one of them on saturday and I had a loss this week so maybe my body really does need all of them instead of just some like I was doing before. I guess I'll find out at my next weigh in.
Ok, guess I'll get off here. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 10-25-2003, 03:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Karen I was like WOW whe really is Super mom with TWINS! Congrats on your loss and I'm saying prayers for you that you meet your lowest since 1999 for your weigh in. WTG!

Ginny, we picked Baylan Merle. We changed the spelling of the first name since I told you last tho. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in the pumpkin patch. Our girls are carving jack-o-lanterns today with Dh.

Jen, I can't remember what you posted about on the other thread! Just the part about the spagetti squash. We love it! It's really good for you and only has what 45 cals for serving. A great discovery for a dieter. I think I may have caught that you are down to a 12? WTG! keep up the great work!!

Spryng, bless your heart. I'm glad you are feeling better. We all had that virus a few weeks ago. I can't believe I never mentioned it. I had to be admitted for dehydration (just for one night). Both my girls had it, it was so awful. Congrats on losing 6.5# this mo too. I'm so happy for you!
Oh and about the spagetti squash... I usually put it in the oven at 375 on a large sheet, bake it untill I can poke it with a fork and its soft. Then you can do nearly anything with it. We like it best with butter and garlic sauce in the skillet with some oregano. I serve it as a side dish with shrimp or chicken using the same sauce and some vegi medly. It's really great for you and as far as I know a cup of squash (no sauce) is 45 cals. You can do nearly anything with it tho. I'd like to try it the way Jen did. My husband would LOVE it. I'm just not able to eat or fix any type of sausage right now. The smell makes me gag.

Girls I am so sorry. I can't go back and read previous posts for some reason. I really can't remember all the new gals joing. Please forgive me. I'll do better next time to remember you all. I hope you all feel welcome and post often.

I'm doing alright here. Seems like the end of this pregnancy is taking forever. I had 2 contractions this morining. I was so excited and it turned out to be a big fake! And I'm running out of things to keep me occupied. Yesterday was great tho. I took the girls shopping for their winter wardrobe. It was so neat to see them trying on hats and boots. They are growing up so fast. I can't stand it! And they are finally out of the Hello Kitty stuff... YAY! Looks like they are developing a sense of fashion and letting their different personalities show thru. I'm so excited but OH I hate letting them grow up! Oh well. It really wore me out following them all over the shops. I'm still tired today. So since everyone is out with Hoss I guess I'll hop on the sofa and rest before dinner.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:18 PM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Just a short hello.......and I will be back later. Welcome Bea!!!!!!!
The friendship here and support is wonderful.
Thanks for starting the new thread Spryng. Congrat on the 1.5# loss. Gotta love WW!
Hang in there Michele!!!! We are praying for you.
Karen- so sorry about TOM showing up early.
Gotta get dinner on.....see you later.
Ginny
Old 10-25-2003, 06:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

I was having the awfulest time trying to post a reply. It turned out I had to accept a verification since I changed my email address on my user settings
Oh my poor little brain!

I just came back to WELCOME BEA! This is a great place and a wonderful bunch of gals. I hope it will help your situation to post here in the evenings. I've battled that same cookie monster. I also found that finding something to help you relax will help. I use to walk in the evenings after Dh came in and the kids were asleep. It was a great way for me to unwind and I would rest well when I went to bed then. I also did yoga. It seems like at the end of my day when the kids are finally tucked in I just wanted to munch away until I felt some relief from the tention. It was great once I found a way to redirect that energy. I'm not so much worried about it now. But since my activities are compromised right now I like to do crafts in the evening.
Just to fill you in about me. I'm Misty Michele. I'm 28 (29 on Thursday!) and 36 weeks pregnant with our 3rd child, a son. I have 2 daughters Hanna and Grace who are 2 and 4 and I'm a fulltime SAHM. My DH and I have been married for near 6 years. He is a farmer and is also at the university a few days a week in the Agricultural Science dept. At the moment I'm not dieting tho I'm suppose to be watching my sodium and sugar intake. After the baby is born I plan to go back to using cardio work out and portion control/calorie counting to get back into shape. And if that fails I'm thinking about joing WW with the other girls.
Well that's me hope you enjoy yourself here!
Old 10-25-2003, 09:59 PM   #10  
hangin' in there...

Hey girls....... just wanted to pop in and say "hi"....... I am between shifts at work... hope everyone is having a great weekend..... be back Monday to catch up.........
Old 10-25-2003, 10:01 PM   #11  
I'm a Jovi Girl

I dont have a whole lot of time right at the moment.. but I have to tell you all....

I was doing laundry today and decided to go through my closet and see how my winter clothes and some other items were fitting now. OMG I need to go shopping. I am asking for clothes for christmas from my parents and sister... it is so sad... everything is SOOOOOO BIG that there is no way I could wear most of it. I am giving 2 stuffed 30 gallon garbage bags to Good Will. My closet is SOOOOOOO SAD now.

BUT I did find a couple more pairs of pants that now fit again! AND I went out today and bought some UNDIES!! Still need some bras but at least I now have underware that fits!!

Last edited by KarenW; 10-25-2003 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2003, 10:02 PM   #12  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Oh Bea I forgot!

My DS Tyler is 7 and my DD Cassie is 5!
Old 10-25-2003, 11:29 PM   #13  

Good evening all!
For some reason my email is screwed up tonight. It will tell me I have a new message but won't retrieve it. Ugh. Boy I wish I knew more about these machines.
But anyway... I'm sitting here trying to pass the time so I can wash this highlighting creme out of my hair. I bought the herbal essence highlighting kit and it was so easy to do!!!! I can't wait to see how it came out.
My day went very well. I used most of my flexpoints so now I am considering them gone... I won't have to worry about them the rest of the week. The kids and I wacthed Sleeping Beauty tonight on ABC. It was nice to lay on the couch with them and enjoying a show together. That was the first time either of them have seen it and my dd loved and and my ds watched most of it while he was playing with his little cars. lol.
Well... heard the timer go off. Gotta hop in the shower and get this off! TTYL!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:01 PM   #14  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Spryng - How did the highlights turn out? I have been dying to try the herbal essense kit myself....

Hope all are having a great weekend!
Old 10-26-2003, 01:12 PM   #15  

The highlights came out great Karen! I couldn't believe how easy they were to do. I've done those cap and hook kits before which are very hard to do (for me anyway) but this one you get a neat little comb, squirt the solution in it and apply it where you want your highlights... it's a very thick creme so it doesn't just pour out of the comb and they make the color vibrant so you can see exactly where they will be. (that won't be your final color shade) It took me about 15 min to do the streaks and then I had to wait 30 min while they set. I washed it out and I was done! I will definitely be sticking with these highlights. I got the ones for medium to dark brown hair, and they are suppose to be copper highlights but they look blonde to me. But that is ok. I really like them. Thanks so much for asking! How is your weekend going?
Mine is going well. This daylight savings time has me tired. I know we are suppose to get an extra hour but tell that to my four month old! lol. I was up at 6 am, and now I'm tired! So I think I will sneak in a nap while they are. TTYL!
Closed Thread