Weight Loss Support - Time For Serious Fun #35

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #35

gma22
10-25-2003, 06:39 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #35

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

LBS DOWN FRIDAY :wizard: : POST YOUR LBS LOST FOR THE WEEK ON FRIDAY AND I WILL COMPILE THEM AND POST THEM TOGETHER WITH OUR LBS DOWN :wizard:

gma22
10-25-2003, 06:41 AM
Well I am up but not to at em yet. I purposely got up a little early so I could get everything done before I went. You know me, never leave an untidy house! :lol:

POINTS FOR THUR:

Sandy/giggle :bravo:

Talk to you when I get home girls!

Faye:)

pjkdreamer
10-25-2003, 06:56 AM
Morning Chickies,

pts for yesterday: 1 for water. 1 pt for exercise (did the 2 miles on the 3 mile watp tape, whew what a difference, it is much faster pace than the 2 mile tape, but I am going to keep on keeping on. Not giving myself program pts for yesterday....:( I stayed within calorie range and fat grams (shocker), but I had a cheesburger and fries....it was delicious...but immediately afterwards I started beating myself up. (dont need to do that!!), I have only had 3 burgers since I started this thing, and that was the first one from fast food place... (ugh!) other I cooked on the George Foreman grill..but nonetheless, I indulged and today is another day girlies.

Getting ready for work, but did have to confess :lol: :lol: and speak to Faye. I WILL BE ROOTING FOR YOU GIRL!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR DOING THIS, YOU ARE AMAZING, AND I LOVE YOU!!! CANT WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURE OF YOU AT THAT FINISH LINE!!

All the rest of you gals have a great day!:D

Mirabelly
10-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Let's see FAYE--
By now you're 9 minutes into your walk.........you're feelin' AWESOME, maybe even a little nervous still.....but you're doing it, you're really doing it! I"m So Proud of You! Can't WAIT to see that picture, though I can already see it in my mind. I'll be rooting you on all morning.

GO FAYE GO GO FAYE GO GO FAYE GO
:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

WE LOVE YOU FAYE!!!!!!

and that's all I have to say about that.
Julie

oh wait, I got 4 points yesterday too.

Amanda Panda
10-25-2003, 12:16 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaah Faye! - I expect you are finished now (I don't know the time in the US). Well done! Let us know how it went.

Thanks for the menu's - I'll print them off and have a good look at them later. One question - when it says 100/20, does that mean 20 calories of fat or 20% fat?. I'm going to have to adapt them a bit as I'm a vegetarian and some of the foods we don't get in the UK - but it's a really good base to start from and get some good ideas.

Well, I've had an eventful morning - I had to go to the doctor at 8.30am as I've got an inflammation of my eye called Iritis. The doctor wasn't sure what to do so she sent me to see the consultant opthalmologist at the hospital. I've had it before and it's quite painful, but they don't know why it occurs. I've got to take steroid eyedrops for the next 5 weeks. The really good thing was that I had lots of waiting around to do and I didn't give in and have a smoke!. My chest has been really sore today - I think it's clearing out some of the toxins and opening up my airways again, which is good - although I started coughing and it was really painful and I was sick! Oh, the joys of giving up smoking - I deserve everything I get for being stupid enough to start in the first place!

I'm looking forward to re-structuring my diet - I've ordered a book which lists the calorie/fat/carb content of all foods, which will be really helpful. I'm feeling positive about making a completely fresh start - it's just what I need!

I got 1 point yesterday - must do better!

Amanda xxxx

gma22
10-25-2003, 05:39 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINT!

me :grouphug:
Pam :grouphug:
Amanda :flow2:
Julie :bravo:

Great job everyone!

Amanda: The first number is the calories and the second number if the number of fat calories NOT the percentage of fat calories, like for the WW dinners I said 400/80 that is 400 calories and 80 calories of that is fat.

I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT! :cb: I was even two minutes faster than my fastest time for walking 3 miles! The race started 45 minutes late and by the time I got to the finish line, I was almost dead last, but I could have cared less!

Ok, here goes the pictures. I don't know how to put multiple ones on one post so I will have to post them separately.

My daughter and I before the race started. She was SO wonderful and supportive and squeezed my hand, ask me if I was ready and told me "I am proud of you." Right before the gun went off.

gma22
10-25-2003, 05:43 PM
This was as I crossed the finish line. My daughter was just a little ahead of me and Jack shot this pic. I was sobbing so hard and the people I know thought I was nuts. I was one of the last ones to cross the finish line, but I didn't care because I DID IT!!

gma22
10-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Kelly and I at the finish line after the race. What a wonderful experience for me!

Sandybrat
10-25-2003, 06:55 PM
I AM SO PROUD OF U FAYE!!!!! U ROCK!!!!!!
The pictures are wonderful... i LOVE the red hair!! lol looking good.... I got points yesterday only for water... but today is looking good. still no exercising til i feel 100%. Cant seem to kick this yuck... Altho... i found my ankel weights and have had them on all day... does that count as exercise?? lol I think so... so yeah i am exercising...lol! This yuck is in my sinuses and its horrible... i am taking 2 different kinds of meds to try and get it outta me... Hope everyone had a fabulous day. Take care of u...
love you all...

Sandy

Mirabelly
10-25-2003, 06:57 PM
YAAAAAYYYYYY FAAAYYYYYEEEEEE
:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

I cried when I saw those pictures of you! YOU ROCK BABY CAKES!! I know you'll treasure today for the rest of your life. I bet you don't take that t-shirt off for a week :lol:

I love you and am soooo proud of you!
Julie

happy dance dot
10-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Faaaaaayyeeee You did it girl I knew you could...never doubted you for a second...and I must add maganged to look beautiful while doing it too...We are all very proud of you:cp: :dancer: :high: :balloons: :balloons: :encore: :encore:

I got 3 pts for today. Okay girls had a busy day so I gotta get to bed now...good night.

happy dance dot
10-26-2003, 12:29 AM
oops mispelled..."managed" to look beautiful Faye.

gma22
10-26-2003, 06:45 AM
POINTS WRAPUP:

Dorothy: :cp:

Dorothy: You talked about beautiful, but dh and dd were teasing me because I was one of the few women with jewelry and full makeup on! :lol: I even color coordinated my earrings and fanny pack to match the purple in the shirt!!!! :lol: Jack said, "You matched your earrings and stuff to your shirt, didn't you?" I told him yes and he laughed and said "I should have guessed you wouldn't go out without being perfect. Doesn't matter if you are going to be sweaty or not."

On to Sunday girlies!

gma22
10-26-2003, 06:56 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday. Today's silly poll is:

NOW, WE ARE ALL DRESSED IN A MASCOT COSTUME OF SOME SORT, DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER IT IS SPORTS TEAMS, COLLEGE, WHATEVER. THE POINT IS NO ONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE AT ALL.

THE POLL: WHAT OUTRAGEOUS THING WOULD YOU DO IF ANY, KNOWING NO ONE WOULD EVER FIND OUT IT WAS YOU?!

You know this poll thing, gets hard when you have done it awhile. I have to think of things to "poll."

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME: MAKE SURE YOU ROLLED BACK THE CLOCK FOR THAT EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP!

My answer to the poll is I would probably find the most gorgeous man and flirt outrageously with him, sit on his lap, etc.

Well, I need to work on my grocery list and to do that I have to go through the next two weeks menus so I need to get to it even though it is early.

pjkdreamer
10-26-2003, 10:55 AM
FAYE!!

WOW HONEY! THAT IS MAGNIFICENT!!! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT SWEETIE, AND I WAS RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!!!:D PLEASE EMAIL ME THAT PIC OF YOU CROSSING THE FINISH LINE AND ONE BEFORE RACE WITH YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER! I WILL PUT IT IN MY JOURNAL AND ON MY FRIDGE FOR INSPIRATION!! YOU ROCK GIRL!! EMAIL: pjkdreamer43@aol.com.
Thanks (and thanks so much for cheering us on everyday. I love you!

All the rest of you chicks, catch up with you later. Busy weekend,. but fabulous! had two friends visiting (from out of town, wanted to see fall foliage so we rode over to Desota Falls State Park, had dinner and came back. It was cool and crisp and wonderful..had not seen them since last spring, so it was toooo fun! just couldnt stay long, they left this am to drive back home ( a 5 hour trip)...so now I gotta get ready for work

Have a healthful day all...oh pts, almost forgot, Friday 3 pts, no exercise, yesterday 3 pts, no exercise, but today already did my 2 miles.feeling strong. See you chickies next time.

toodles:wave:

Sandybrat
10-26-2003, 12:54 PM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!!! Well.... had a wonderful visit with my parents... my aunt couldnt make it cuz she was sick so my dad came with my mom. She told me that she is very proud of me... and i asked y? She said because you are losing the weight, talking on your message boards... you are doing it for u. Needless to say she made my day. LOL She is sooooooo good to me... she left me a little something... and told me to spend it on me. So, I went out this morning and bought the walk away the pounds tapes... the set of 3 with the flexie thingy...lol So i am looking forward to tomorrow so i can start! I have aslso decided that i want to join curves again. Now that DSD is in school in the afternoon i can go every weekday. I relly loved it when i was doing it last year... but couldnt ever go with hubbys schedule and ds home. So, i told hubby thats what i want for christmas. Its 29.00 a month and i am worth it!! Got 4 points yesterday. Walked around all day with my ankle weights on so i would get some exercise...lol Today is Sunday dinner day... making a pork roast, roasted potatoes, and veggies.... i am already looking forward to it...lol! Sams club has the best pork loins... already marinated... chipolte marinade, onion and garlic and lemon pepper.... I love the onion and garlic. And they are so easy and so is the cleanup. Just wrap them in foil and bake. The brand is Bryan... if anyone likes pork loins try them... they are truely wonderful. Okay.. i have babbled on enuf for now.... take care of u today... I LOVE YOU ALL...

Sandy:dance: :flow1:

Amanda Panda
10-26-2003, 05:07 PM
WELL DONE FAYE! WE ARE ALL SO VERY PROUD OF YOU.

You look great in the photo's - I love your new hair colour. You are so cool!

I got 3 points yesterday.

Love Amanda xx

Satine
10-26-2003, 05:14 PM
[B][COLOR=red]FAYE, SO SO PROUD OF YOU !!!!!!!

You did a great job !!!! Pics look great !!!!

Satine
10-26-2003, 05:15 PM
okay the bold and color didnt work, one of you will have to help me figure that out...okay anyway it was the sentimate that counted.....You Go Faye !!!

happy dance dot
10-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Hi girls just popped in quickly to say I lost another 2 lbs:D . I planned out all my meals for next week and am ready to rock.

About the poll Faye hmmm...I would most likely flirt too heeheehee.

Okay gotta run been cleaning all day today and I want to cook dinner so I can watch a movie I been waiting for while eating dinner. Take care girls.

gma22
10-27-2003, 07:12 AM
SUNDAY'S POINTS WRAPUP!

Pam :cp: :cp:
Amanda :cp:

gma22
10-27-2003, 07:20 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission this week is is good ole food preparation. Let's pay attention to how we prepare the food we eat,. Use Pam instead of fats, cut off fat from meats, when cheese is called for, go light, substitute Splenda for sugar etc. It is amazing the calories we can cut just preparing food! Good Luck!

My adorable dh woke me to the smell of BACON this morning! IS there anything that smells as good as bacon that is about as bad as it comes? :lol: I thought I was dreaming, but I wasn't dreaming about eating! :lol:

Instead of bacon I get mandarin oranges for breakfast! What a switch. I started lighting candles in the house to get rid of the smell. It is one of those foods that I think the smell can drive you to eat (unless you are a vegan and then it would probably gag you, but that certainly isn't MY problem!)

I took off exercise yesterday but am going out for a walk this morning. My dd called yesterday on her way to work and ask if I was sore that she could hardly walk. Wahoo, was it great to tell her this old fat lady didn't have a sore muscle on her body! You saw how skinny she is!

Well, I need to finish this upstairs this morning and tackle the downstairs so want to get hopping.

Everyone have a spectacular day and work hard to get your 4 points today. I would love us to have 100% 4 pt check in tomorrow morning!

jloo1957
10-27-2003, 07:43 AM
Faye,girl I am so proud of you....you DID IT!!!!..and I had no doubt that you would .....such a sense of accomplishment,huh.....I had a super week-end...Saturday we went to the "CHICKEN POT PIE FESTIVAL"...and we got to take an actual 40 minute train ride through the country...lot's of activities ..a whole day of fun...and yesterday we spent taking care of the yard....I got2 point s for Sat. and 2 points for Sunday...today I will hit 4 points for sure...Faye ,your photo's were terrific....love that red hair...well ladies got lot's of house work to get done and get ready for my son's soccer game tonight...take care and will check in later...Joy

pjkdreamer
10-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Morning my little Chickadees,

Hope everyone is well.

Sandyb, it is nice to hear compliments and to be able to accept them graciously isnt it? I am so proud of you for buying the tapes for yourself!!! You are amazing~~~ You will love them, I have been doing them for going on 4 mos now...started out really slowly though...had to take many breaks. Now I am sailing right on through the 2 mile tape...abt 32 mins, and recently I started the 3 mile tape, needed more of a challenge..IMAGINE ME SAYING THAT:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Let us know how you like them.

Pts for yesterday: all 4...:D

gotta run chicksters...check in with you later. Cool here, think I will go for a walk in a bit.:wave:

jloo1957
10-27-2003, 08:29 AM
HEY FAYE....please e-mail the pics of you as i want to add them to my files...I will e-mail you some also....joy...it's jloo1957@aol.com

Sandybrat
10-27-2003, 09:30 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!!!! Yes Pam, it is nice to get compliments... altho i am stillworking on the accepting them graciously part...LOL I cant wait to try the tapes... i am going to try and get ds to do it with me so i cna do them right away this morning...lol I just asked and he said sure... so i willpost after i finish and let you know how i like them! I got all 4 yesterday... and plan on getting back into that groove... all 4 pt days this week! Hope you all have a fabulous day... i will check back in a bit... love you all...

Sandy

gma22
10-27-2003, 09:49 AM
POINTS FOR THE DAY:

Joy :grouphug: :grouphug:
Sandy :bravo:
Pam :bravo:

I just got back from a 2 mile walk and it is chilly this morning. It went from in the 80's and this morning it was about 45 when I went to walk.

Joy: I sent you those pics

Sandy: I am so excited for you that you got those tapes. Now wear those puppies right out!

Amanda: I wanted to give you a couple suggestions for substitutions on the menus. Since I am having a hard time finding good oranges this time of the year, I bought mandarin oranges and strawberry applesauce instead and you can't get fresh cherries anywhere or at least I can't so I buy canned and rinse them well.

Well, I need to quit blabbing and get my upstairs vacuumed and start on the downstairs. I feel really good this morning so want to kick butt on housework so I can have tomorrow free to do whatever I want.

Oh, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for my friend. She is back home and doing wonderfully. She hasn't had any pain or very little and is up moving around well.

Faye;)

Mirabelly
10-27-2003, 10:03 AM
Good Morning everyone!

This has to be quick, but I've been on the proverbial ROLL all weekend. 4 points for Sat. and Sun. WOO HOO! Think I'll hit 4 today, too.

I weighed in again this morning just for the heck of it, and I'm down ANOTHER 2 POUNDS just from the weekend. SOOOO, I"m at 223!! I really am doing this, I can't believe it!!

Thanks everybody for all your support......I couldn't do this without you all!

Until Soon,
Julie

Sandybrat
10-27-2003, 10:11 AM
WELL.... I LOVE THE TAPES!!! lol i just did the first one... the 1 mile tape with ds... i feel great!! I can see iwill get alot of use from these! WTG JULIE!!! i am so proud of U!!! U ROCK GIRL!!!!
Pam thank you for your encouragment and support. All of u ladies ROCK... considering when i came back here to 3fc i had no friends... i am now sooooooooo blessed with so many wonderful ones. AND it doesnt even matter that we done see each other face to face... i cant wait to get on here in the morning... and i check back numerous times thruout the day...LOL but i am happy... and i havent been able to say that honestly for a while. So for that i thank each and every one of u... from the bottom of my heart. Take care of u today... i love you all... i will be checking back later...lol

Sandy:dance: :flow1:

happy dance dot
10-27-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi girls!

Well, I got all 4pts yesterday. This week I recalculated my food plan and lower it by 1pt (ww term). I was also looking at my weight loss and since, it's been pretty steady I have come up with new goals for myself...listed on my stats. Anyway...

Faye- glad to hear you ween't sore from the walk...I think you're pretty active girl.

SandyB- glad you liked those tapes and great to hear your ds joined in.:)

Julie- WTG girl!!! Proud of you...you are rocking with the 4pts.

Pam- you're also doing good proud of ya too;)

Joy- glad to hear you had a super fab weekend:)

okay girls gotta go, but I'll be back (Terminator's tone on that) :lol:

jloo1957
10-27-2003, 11:33 AM
hey girls...have you considered getting a pedometer to wear as to measure your steps that you take through out the day ...i have purchased my second ,along with the watp tapes,also if you go to prevention .com,they have a great pedometer walk it off program ...it's also in the magazine for Novembers issue...I plan on challenging myself each day to increase my steps...10,000.00 and the tips they give also include the walk away tapes..please check it out ladies..it's another great way to add fitness to our daily journey to being fit.....it's also fun...me and my best friend along with my hubby entered a 10,000.00daily step contest about a year ago ,and we three won 1st ,2nd and third prize,[I won second]..hubby won 1st and bf won third...we won moutain bikes and lots of health related products...it was really fun,and weekly were given great tips and healthy recipes to try when we reported in with our weekly sheets....so we have decided to do our own till Christmas to see where it takes us...it will be fun...just a thought I wanted to pass on to all of my very best friendsa here...love all of you...:D take careand will check in later.....Joy

Amanda Panda
10-27-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi all,

Everyone is doing really well and sounding really positive, which is great!

I got 4 points yesterday.

Faye - I've started on my menu's and am feeling really positive about my fresh start - it's just what I need!

C U L8R

Amanda xx

Sandybrat
10-27-2003, 11:56 AM
Joy... u have inspired me... i am going to go out and get a pedometer... its such a great idea! My aunt uses one and told me to try it as well... so... i will! Have a great day all...
WTG Amanda... each day is a new begining... and we will be with u every step of the way. U can do it girl!!

Love,
Sandy

gma22
10-27-2003, 12:06 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS!

Julie :bravo: :bravo:
Dorothy :bravo:
Amanda :bravo:

Amanda: Hope they work well for you. they do great for me. I don't have to think or consider what to eat, just follow the menu for the day. I promise, I will try and work on the other 10 days so I can e-mail them to you and you have a whole months worth.

Joy: My dd is supposed to be giving me a digital pedometer that her husband doesn't like. I wanted one for Christmas and she said she would just give this one to me instead.

GIRLS! You HAVE to check out Overstock.com. They have some great stuff and great prices. I have my eye on a gorgeous leather Jacket that is $180 knocked off from something like 350$. I am going to get a lot of Christmas shopping done there. They have a handmade section where you can get handmade gifts from all over the world and I think I am going to get something for my future dil for Christmas there. They have these gorgeous Native American Pots in these brilliant colors for only $50. I am going to get her and Kelly each a pair of diamond studs from us for Christmas too I think. Make sure you take a peek when you have time because you won't want to leave! They have a photo printer that attaches to your digital camera that my dh has been looking at. Retail I have seen it for $150 and they have it for $70! I know I am getting him that for Christmas as he really has wanted one for a long time.

Well I need to go and get a shower. I am freezing to death today and I still have not gotten downstairs started. I saw the overstock commercial on tv and have been up here gawking at stuff for the last hour!

jloo1957
10-27-2003, 02:38 PM
FAYE....WHAT MENUS ARE YALL TALKING ABOUT??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW...JOY

gma22
10-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Joy: I constructed 20 days (so far) of daily menus using mostly the recipes from here at 3fc. Here are 2 of them. They are based on 1800 cal and 410 fat calories per day. I do so much better with structure so I worked on these for a couple weeks. I want to work on some more so that I have enough to have one months rotations worth. If you would like them, let me know and I will e-mail them to you. Since it is just me eating them, I usually cut the recipes at least in half.

Faye

Sample of a couple of the menus:

MENU 1

BREAKFAST: ff yogurt with 1 cup blueberries 180

SNACK: 30 grapes 90 cal

LUNCH: Tomato soup whole can 225 1 slice bread with lowfat margarine 120 60 fat
Orange 50

SNACK: 28 pretzel sticks 100

DINNER: Beef Lo Mein (see recipe) 2 servings 810 cal 90 fat
1 cup green beans 50 cal
pudding cup 100 cal

MENU 2

BREAKFAST: 1 carton egg beaters with 1 slice toast with all fruit jam 150/10

SNACK: 16 oz spicy bloody mary mix with 1 cup lowfat popcorn and 1tsp peanuts 190/ 80

LUNCH: WW frozen meal 400 cal less 80 fat cal or less
Carton sugar free jello and 1 tbl ff cool whip 50

SNACK: slimfast snack bar 125 /30

DINNER: Peppered Pork Chops (see recipe) 2 servings 334/72
Baked Potato with 2 tbl low fat margarine 320/100
1 cup cooked broccoli 50
health start ice cream bar 80

SNACK: chocolate grahams (14) 130/25

gigglez
10-27-2003, 04:46 PM
Afternoon everyone!

Faye I am so pround of you! I know that you will remember that feeling you had finishing the race always

Got in all points for the weekend! Today I am still working on the water will have to wait and see. Just wanted to check in quickly. Gotta run ds is on a school trip and I just got home from work so I have some time free to get in some house work. Catch everyone later

sandy

happy dance dot
10-27-2003, 09:50 PM
evening ladies...just popped in quickly to say I got all 4 pts for today...good night...sweet dreams

friendsforfitness
10-27-2003, 10:05 PM
WOW, I leave for a bit and I totally lost the whole thread from my control panel...go figure??

Faye- Wow, what an amazing moment for you, I got chilly bumps when I saw your pics. Thank you so much for sharing them. I thought about you all day Saturday. I got called into work that day, I probably walked two miles at work but not steadily. I was really bummed about it tho. I didn't get home until late and when I did Dh had two tickets to go out and see a local "Band?" They are really dj's on an all talk station here that we listen to. Comedy and stupid songs mostly, but it was nice to get out and do some adult time. Unfortunately it left me with no time to at all to put in my two miles. I will have to try again another day I guess. I knew you could do it though. You are so awesome, I bet you have no idea just what a great woman you are!

Sandybrat- Ok this whole same day birthday thing is starting to freak me out a little...LOL I BOUGHT THAT SAME EXACT PORK LOIN FROM SAMS THIS WEEKEND TOO!!! LOL They really are delicious too!

Congrats on the weightloss mirabelly!

Amanda- How's the new non smoking challenge going for you?

I have been super busy and it's so hard to find time anymore for much of anything besides, my business, work and housework right now. My classes will be paid for by Nov. 1st and then there will be the challenge of finding time for that too. uggg.

I just wanted to share a moment with you, my DH called me at work today to say he had a very late B-day gift for me, but it was a surprise and I'd have to wait until I got home to find out what it was. I was very curious cuz he said the only clue he could give me was that it was the only one of it's kind in the whole world. He bought 2 t-shirts and put my company logo on the front left side of the shirt and a big one on the back that had the website and phone number and everything!! He did it all himself using the computer. It was in the company colors and everything! He's so supportive and thoughtful. I am so happy for all of you and for me too.

Have a nice evening,
Lisa

Sandybrat
10-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Oh Lisa... thats fantastic!! what a sweetheart!! I was missing u and decided to check back on last time b4 bed... and there u were...lol Those pork loins are killer arent they. Just wanted to touch base with u and everyone else b4 bed tonite... i love you all and will talk to u all in the morning... hubby is going out of town again til Thursday night... that makes 3 weeks in a row hes been gone like this... i get so lonesome and stressed. Altho... the kidlets understand and dd helps as much as she can (shes 10 and tells her brothers to be nice cuz moms all by herself and its hard...lol) what a sweetie... Sweet dreams all
God Bless...

Sandy

gma22
10-28-2003, 12:30 AM
Points wrapup

Dorothy :bravo:
Sandy giggle :bravo: :bravo:

Lisa: How terrific of your husband to do something like that. Sorry you didn't get to "walk" with me. You will have to do it next time :lol:

I just wanted to peek in before bed. See you all in the morning!

pjkdreamer
10-28-2003, 06:18 AM
Good Morning Chickadees:D

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, 2 pts for program, and 0 pts for formal exercise(did take a 10 min walk last night after dinner break at work). It was cool and quiet....I live in one of those towns with the courthouse square, very picturesque, and I work right off the square, so it is a great place to walk. (Very Norman Rockwell (ish)...:)

Mirabelly, :cb: :strong: :bravo: YOU GO GIRL! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

And to all the rest of you gals, Lisa, (good to see you post:D ), Sandyb, Dot, Joy, and Amanda, hope you all have a wonderful day.

Faye, thanks for the sample menus, I can always use new ideas;)

sw 356 June 5, 2003
cw ? somewhere near 307 (twoterville, I got my eye on you!!
weigh in Friday 10/31 (going to "sweating it" to meet my goal of 50 lbs down)
next goal: 75 lbs by 2/29/04
next goal: 100 lbs by 5/04
final goal: 130 - 135 (somewhere in 2005)- doesnt that sound strange??? 2005!!! ( I will be 45 - a good age). :lol: :lol: :lol:

see you girls:wave:

Sandybrat
10-28-2003, 07:18 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!! Had to take hubby to the airport this morning so i am up and at em early... dont know how long this feeling will last but...lol i am sure to be tired later! Got all 4 yesterday. I love the walk away the pounds video... i may even do it twice today... its a good energy booster! I am sure to need it...lol DS #1 is up with me... he wanted to see his Dad... sweetie... i am going to make myself some coffee... i will check back later tho... take care of u today... love u all...

Sandy

gigglez
10-28-2003, 07:27 AM
Good morning ladies!

Lisa, I envy you in the fact that your DH will take some time and do something just for you. Must really be great cherish him and the things that he does for you. All I can compare it to are the 2 marriages that I have had. The first one ended when he got abusive, only took 1 time of seeing that side of him. I am thankful that he wasn't abusive to me nor our son, but nonetheless if he has that side I decided to get out while the getting was good. My second one ended in June of this year. Mid life crisis thing. I filed for divorce and after I filed he decided that he didn't want the divorce but told me to go on with it cause I went thru too much to get it filed. The whole time that we were married he really had a hard time with doing something for someone else. It was all due to how he was brought up. Oh well such is life. Now things are a little better.

Yesterday I got in 3 points, didn't get in all my water. I am hopeful that today will be better. Gotta run time for work. Here's to a terrific Tuesday.

HUGS

sandy

gma22
10-28-2003, 08:21 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and We are going to target concentrating on losing 8 lbs by Nove 30. That is a slim 2 lbs a week and we can do it girls so let's work hard!

POINTS POINTS POINT:

Sandygiggle: :bravo:
Pam: :cp:
SandyB: :bravo:

I sent an e-mai this morning to Missy as she has been awol a long time. I don't know if she is in Ireland and that may be why, but she kind of just dropped off and that isn't like her. I have no e-mail address for Ritu so I can't see if everything is ok with her.

For the rest of you that we haven't heard from, we hope you are doing well and we miss you! You may still be here and just posting elsewhere, and we hope that everything is ok with you, Reesa, Tonya, Beledigirl, Shauna, Bella.

I had a really bad night last night. The dog drove me nuts so I am pretty wiped this morning, but I am up and need to get some work done, so I will check in later!

Faye;)

Mirabelly
10-28-2003, 09:03 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!

4 points for yesterday! Taught 2 dance classes, so I got extra exercise :) and didn't have much time to eat :) :) I think either my stomach is getting MUCH smaller or I'm just starting to get turned off by cooked meat. I made a pork roast a couple of nights ago with lots of veggies. And all I wanted to eat was the veggies! I ate some of the meat, but it just turned my stomach....very odd.

Faye, I've been wondering about Missy lately, too. And Ritu. Hmm. hope everything is ok with them. It's hard to develop new friendships and then have them just disappear.......but so many people just get sidetracked and don't post anymore. I know that LeeAnn (SuGyong) is fine and should be posting back again soon.

Lisa, sounds like you have an awesome hubby! I'm also blessed with having found my soul mate at an early age. We went through some tough times, but I swear I love him more and more every day. He truly is my best friend!

For those of you who haven't been so lucky........don't fret. I believe there's someone special out there for EVERYONE! You just have to have high standards and don't settle for anyone unworthy of you. You deserve the BEST! You deserve to be treated like a QUEEN (even if you don't have loads of money). Be happy with yourself until that special someone finds his way to your heart. Don't settle! Who knows, you may find out that your "special someone" is actually YOU :lol:

Pam, your town square sounds beautiful. I'll bet it's just magical when it snows!! We have lots of towns like that here....sometimes you feel like you're living on the set of "It's a Wonderful Life" all during December!

Well, I got up early and did some yoga cuz dh had started getting up early to workout. It's easier for him to haul his butt outta bed if I'm doing it too. I'll probably get another "wood" related workout this afternoon, too. Still have at least a cord to stack in the shed.

Guess I should get going. Lots to do, ben wants to go to the playground later.

Until soon,
Julie

Amanda Panda
10-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi all!

I got 3 points yesterday.

I am now on day 6 of not smoking!. My method of 'patches and prayer' seems to be working! This is the first time I've ever tried to give up and I am determined to succeed - if only to prove other people wrong when they say 'no one succeeds first time!'. Most of the time it is fine, but occaisionally I get a really strong craving and it also feels weird breaking the habit of smoking at cetain times. I feel good and really proud of myself for doing this.

WONDERFUL NEWS! I have got a job interview in Ireland!!!!. It is in Dublin, which isn't the exact place where we want to be, but the job sounds great - it is helping and counselling adults to find their birth families. It sounds very interesting and not as stressful as other forms of social work. I know Nigel is not keen on living in Dublin as it is very expensive, so I'll have to see. The interview is on Weds November 5th. I'll keep you posted - who knows, maybe I'll bump into Missy when I'm there!!!:lol:

I've got to go and investigate flights!

Love Amanda xx

Sandybrat
10-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Best of luck to you Amanda... i will keep u in my prayers that all works out best for u.

Sandy

gigglez
10-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Howdy all!

Just checking in to see how every one was doing this evening. Amanda, I hope that you get the job that is if it is what you really want. Everyone has been busy it seems today. Gotta run for now, catch everyone later

sandy

friendsforfitness
10-28-2003, 03:43 PM
Hi all,

Faye- I love your new pic, you look so happy and I smile everytime I see it. :)

Amanda- Good luck and I'm saying a few for ya too! (for both the smoking and the job)

Gigglez- Thanks, I agree with Julie, there's someone out there for everyone. I'm really glad for you that you were able to get out of that one relationship before it tore you down. I think most people find their soulmate when they least expect it, that's how it was for me. I thought hubby 1 was it, now I'm glad he left. He was a lso a self centered , selfish man so I know how you feel there too. I was married to him for almost 13 years. I never even had a clue what love felt like and all that time I thought I'd figured it all out. It's odd how the world works sometimes.

Sandybrat- Yes those pork loins are fantastic! Mine is cooking now via the crockpot, Hubby is home and said it smells wonderful! They were sampling them at Sams this past weekend and that was all it took! That has to be so tough all that time away from your Hubby. I'm sending ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) to ya! Watchya doin' tonight? Want me to come over? We can rent a movie and have fruit and play with the kids....LOL :lol: yeah, right, I'll be right there... I wish!

Doesn't that sound like so much fun??? If all of us could get together and watch some really good chick flicks and hang out? Well if it really could happen we probably would chat each others ears off and do nails and hair and stuff instaed of watch a movie since we haven't ever met face to face, we would defitnitely TALK! :lol: If we were able to get together like say on a monthly basis then the chick flick thing would be a great idea. Ok here goes, I'll bring the fruit tray and Sandybrat you bring the water and Faye you bring the movie, and Julie you bring the tissues, and gigglez you bring the blankets! We'll all meet on Sunday at 2. LOL :lol: It'll be an internet chick flick fun party! YAY!!

Ok,ok,ok, I know I lost it there for e sec, but I'm back now. You all just seem so fun!

Have a great day!
Lisa

happy dance dot
10-28-2003, 04:23 PM
Hi girls,

Amanda- congrats on the smoking, quitting that is;) . I used to smoke a pack every other day, when I went out i could smoke a pack :( , but after a while it just made me feel yucky and sick. So I just quit completely from one day to the next for almost 1 yr, then I started up again, but a lot less, and now once again I quit...this time forever I think...that whole "no smoking in bars" nyc law got me good...no way I will stand in the cold to smoke:lol: and I stopped smoking in the apt because Gizmo didn't seem to appreciate it very much. Good luck on the interview too.

Lisa- happy for you..you must have loved the t-shirts. Sweet gift.

Julie- glad you're keeping up with the exercise. Hmm about the meat...maybe its just a phase I get like that sometimes, once I turned into a vege for 2 months. No meat, seafood, or eggs. Guess I just needed a change.

SandyB- ahhh sweetie, must be tough for your hubby to go away like that, but hey just spend lots of time with the kids, exercising, pampering yourself, chatting with us;) anf the days will fly by.

Ok...now for my bummer...you girls ready for this one???

I broke up with Andrew yesterday:( :( :(

He drank again and I thought long and hard and basically the outcome I came up with is that I am too young, have too much going for me, and deserve a lot better than to be going through this agony all the time. I feel trapped and soo much has happened between us, so many times feelings got hurt that when I look deep inside of me I don't love him as I once did. It's died and withered. Before, I have stopped myself from breaking up with him because I was afraid of his reaction. He would drink, flip out, and constantly call me even at work and I don't want to lose my job over him. But I guess this time I feel stronger and you know what I just want to get it over with...let him flip out, but at least it'll pass this time and never happen again because I won't be around for it.

He's been drinking once again, ever since I broke up with him, he has called my house and job endlessly so I called his mom and told her I would take legal action if he kept calling my job.

Grrrrr...she is being selfish and just wants to protect him. She always taken the easy way out by never correcting him and now that he was with me I guess she figured she no longer had to deal with him...of course let the dumb girl deal with him. Well, not anymore. I QUIT!!!! She should do her job once and for all...

Sorry I have rambled I am just sooo upset and hurt, he's making this really hard. But this time I will not run away I will face the problem and he will just have to face the consequences to his actions. He is just being so mean and I just don't want to lose my job over him calling back to back.

Please advice.:( :(

Amanda Panda
10-28-2003, 06:26 PM
((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))) to you Dot

I think you made the right decision. You deserve better. So sorry that you are hurting now - him hassling you is bound to make it more difficult. It sounds like you are doing all the right things to give him the message.

Stay strong - we love you and are here for you.

Love Amanda xx

Sandybrat
10-28-2003, 06:37 PM
Oh Dot... first let me tell u that u r doing the right thing... and he has to face the concequences. Is there any way u can talk to your boss and let him/her know why hes calling all the time? Or can u just hang up? The work one is a toughie, but i think if u explained to your boss the situation and that u have told him that if he doesnt stop u will take legal action maybe your boss will understand. U deserve someone better. U do NOT need him messing up your life and u just need to keep telling him that. And if u have to go the legal way. Just be careful.
It is hard with hubby away... and i do enjoy my time with the kids... altho i would appreciate some time AWAY from them once in a while...lol If i dont take care of me and keep me happy i am NO good to anyone else.
Lisa what a great idea... i wish we could get together... maybe someday we can arrange a meeting... i think that would be wonderful. we would need a week tho... we would talk eachothers ears off... could u imagine all of us together somewhere??? HEAVEN!!!
I also agree with Julie... there is someone for everyone... and u tend to meet them when u least expect to. But most importantly... stay true to yourself... then everything else will fall into place. Ok... i need to get dinner on the table for the kidlets... I am hungry to... lol talk to u all later...
Love ya

Sandy

gigglez
10-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Hi everyone!;)

Lisa, that sounds like a great idea!:dance: :doh: I certainerly have the blankets! Although I vote that we watch the blue collar comedy tour!:encore: I love comedy concerts, miss getting to go to them.

Dot, :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: to you. You did the right thing. You are right you have too much going for you to get into that again. Go out there and enjoy your life. As for work I think that SandyB is right, explain to your boss about your unwanted calls. My first hubby love the sauce too much and my second one was a recovering alcholic. The second one(Richard) was able to go without drinking which I know was hard but he could do it.

As for points today, exercised and had water. Did have a treat today, I had a frozen hot chocolate.....I was cravin one and I know better than to deprive myself and where it leads. But that's alright I am now back on plan.

sandy

happy dance dot
10-28-2003, 07:50 PM
Hi girls thanks for the support. He finally stopped calling my job, but i hope he doesn't call tomorrow because that's when my boss will be in. Thank God my co-worker, who's a true sweetheart and good friend told me not to worry about my boss, if anything he would speak with him. He's been there a long time and knows my boss pretty well. I would just be embarrassed to have to explain my boss my situation- guess I do care what he thinks of me as a result.:?: I haven't gotten any calls at home, I guess he's a bit smart and knows I have a caller id at home. I am :crossed: he comes to his senses and just gives up, I would hate to go legal with this, but am ready to.

Anyway, with all this worry I haven't been very hungry so for dinner I only had half a pork chop and a whole ot of salad, dumped the rice and beans I had served my self. So as far as program and water i am doing good. Not sure if I will exercise yet.

Gigglez- a frozen hot chocolate??? did u buy it made or make it yourself? I've never had one, but I'll tell you this much it caught my eye:lol: :T

Hey where is Faye today???? :lol: Must be busy...well I guess that's all gals

maybe I'll check in later.

berrygirl
10-28-2003, 11:47 PM
Hi all,
I have just joined this site and it was suggested that I check out this great group of folks for support. I am kind of confused, though, as to how this all works. Do ya'll (yeah I'm in Texas) post on this thread all the time? Does it change from week to week?
Somebody help!!
I am just beginning, again, my journey into weight loss. This past year has been one of great change. My husband died suddenly (heart attack), and I have had to strike out on my own again. this was my second marriage, my first ended in divorce many years ago. I only had 1 1/2 years with my second husband before he died. I have a wonderful 13 year old son that keeps me going, but I think it is now time for me. I am also a diabetic, which complicates things nicely! I have a plan to eat better, low carb, and exercise lots more but I will need all the help and encouragement I can get! Support and encouragement are the things that have been missing in my previous attempts at losing weight. Hopefully, with ya'll cheering me on, I will do it this time!
Judy

jloo1957
10-29-2003, 07:42 AM
Good Morning Ladies...first of all let me say...Dot ...you go girl...you have made a tough decision,but a good one...continue to look ahead and know that there are great things in store for you ahead...Judy ,welcome ...you couldn't have chosen a better group of ladies than right here...they ARE THE BEST!!!..never will you find a more supportive loving bunch of ladies....I love it here and I love these Ladies......by the way ..I got my 4 points for yesterday....:strong: :cp: :cb: well I need to get off and get some things done...everyone take care and i will check in later...love and hugs to all:) ....Joy

gma22
10-29-2003, 08:13 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. Looks like we started a day early, but if you have a problem, today is the day to come and gripe about it!

POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS!!!!

Julie :bravo:
Joy :bravo:
Amanda :cp:
Sandy Giggle :grouphug:

Boy, you guys got busy! I didn't get to check in last evening and you all went to town.

Judy: Welcome welcome to our group. Let me give you the low down as much as I can on everything and if you have questions, just pipe up and ask! First, if you go to the very first post of this thread (#35), you will see my introduction and see an explanation of all the fun things we do here. You can participate or not in all or some of the things we do. I have a topic for each day of the week that you can participate in, a challenge which until the end of the year is lose 30 lbs by Dec 31 but for you I would suggest 15 since you only have 2 months left instead of like 4 when we started this challenge. I give out daily points like the intro says, 1 for drinking your water, 1 for exercising and 2 for staying on whatever eating program you use. We have people on fat and calorie counting, some one Weight Watchers, some on other type stuff so use just do whatever you want to use. You post the following morning to me how many points you got for the day before (for ex Joy got all 4 points for yesterday meaning she drank her water, exercised and stayed on her food program). You post as frequently as you like. Most of us are on here several times a day talking with each other. This IS NOT just about dieting, but we help each other in all sorts of ways from love lives, to what is a good movie to see. Please just jump in and join us. I know you will find it all a lot of fun. Below, I am posting some personal info on each of us just so you know a little about us. Please let us know all about you and I will include you in our personal info when we get new members. Also, when the thread gets to be about 55-60 posts long, I start a new thread with the next number (for ex: I will be starting a new thread with #36 and the last post on #35 to tell you to move on will say something like "do not post here, but come to #36 etc)

Hi, my name is Faye, I am 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

SN: Honeyrose29
I am a 32 yr old married mom of 5 kids ranging in age from 13.5 to 3. Four boys and a girl. My all-time heaviest weight was 232 and my goal is 130-135. I only have about 10-15 lbs left until I reach my goal but I am really struggling with them. I live in Ohio with my family and a house full of parrots . I do private rescue for unwanted birds and I enjoy and spend a great deal of time quilting which is an art passed to me from my grandmother and I think of her with every stitch . Thats my story!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 29 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

I'm 37 and I have to kids 15 and 5. I've been married 19 years. I am about to start a janitorial business. I did that before and let it go, now the kids are bigger I'm going at it again. I weigh 170 and have weighed that since the first one was born. I would like to weigh 135 which is what I weighed before she was born. I live in Northa Carolina. I wonder are we close? I don't care if you post any of this. Thanks for everything--Debra Lee

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

Hi! My name is Ritu and I'm from India. I have 2 children, a son 19 and a daughter 17. Both my kids are in college. Till recently I was a stay at home mom so I'm finding the 'empty nest' a bit difficult to handle. Fortunately, I started a small business of my own a couple of years ago, so that keeps me busy. I'm also very lucky in that I have amazing friends and family. I have been a yo-yo dieter for the past 18 years -I only put on weight after my pregnancy before which I weighed 110 lbs. I started dieting 18 yrs. ago at 150 lbs., and since have been up and down zillion times. I now weigh 176 lbs, my highest ever. I lost 32 lbs. last year and have gained them all back plus 5 more this year. But this time I know I will succeed.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

Screen name: mugirl213
I am 25 and currently residing with my parents in Reading, PA (like the railroad from Monopoly). I work in advertising for Boscov's, which is the largest family-owned department store in the US. I am not married, nor do I have any children, but I am coming off of some recent drama dealing with 2 boyfriends. Long story, but I'm on the straight and narrow now. I belong to a gym which I have been attending 6 days of the week (Saturday's off) and I count calories and try to stay under 1300 daily. I have 2 parents, 1 dog, some fish, a sister, a brother-in-law, 2 nephews, 2 grandparents and a partridge in a pear tree.

I am going to go to the next post to talk to everyone since this one is lengthy already!

Faye :)

gma22
10-29-2003, 08:30 AM
Hello again! :lol:

Amanda: Just want to say :strong: :cb: :hat: on your cigarette stopping progress! You go girl! I know you can give those nasty things up once and for all! Good luck on the interview. At least one of us should have a new job! :lol: :lol: Is Dublin quieted down with all the "religious" fighting these days?

Dorothy: Let me give you a big :grouphug: from all of us about Andrew. I know it has to be painful letting go of someone you thought you really loved, but looks like he is definitely not ready to stay in a relationship when the bottle looms so close. Don't be too hard on your thoughts of him, though. It isn't easy to give alcohol up and he obviously still uses it as an emotional crutch. Sounds like he needs to grow up big time and mama needs to MAKE him grow up instead of enabling him. She is doing him no favors that is for sure.

As for that special one. I too believe that God paired us all up before the world was created and that each one of us has a soulmate. It might sound corny, but there is no doubt I am with the person he chose for me. The circumstances of our meeting, the fact we did not know each other, are from totally different parts of the country and as such have different cultural outlooks, besides the fact that if we were not meant to be together, we would not have lasted this long and into infinity. I am a pain in the #$%^ and he can be seriously tiresome, we have had lots of hard times and very little good ones, but we have always worked them out knowing we have each other. He is my very very best friend and we do everything together. I know that not all couples like to be as dependent on one another as we are and I think each couple has to work out their own logistics, but we are totally devoted to each other. Of course, that can be bad really bad if something happens to one of us. We can only leave it in God's hands that he knows best!

Well girlies, this is not getting chores done and out in the neighborhood for a good long walk today. TTFN

*Oh, for those of you that can and have kids and or grandkids, I would like on Saturday for you to post group shots of your kids in their Halloween costumes. So if you have a camera and can take a pic of the kids, try and post them sometime this weekend so we can see them all! Also, for those of you who plan on "howling" this weekend, please feel free to post a pic of yourself in costume! I will try and get a good shot of my little "skeleton boy" if I can get him to stand still long enough. We are going to hand out candy at my dd while they trick or treat with Thomas and then have dinner together. I will try and remind you on Friday morning about the pictures if this ole brain remembers!

Sandybrat
10-29-2003, 09:41 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!!!! Welcome Judy... i have to totally agree with joy... these are the BEST women around... totaly supportive and great friends! Feel free to talk about anything... Gigglez... thank u so very much for the message.... u made my day! I did enjoy last night... we listened to music and danced...lol had our own party so to speak!! LOL I madede apple crisp yesterday, i have been craving it for a while now... and it turned out soooooooo good.... next time i am goin to try and substitute splenda for sugar to make it "better" for me... it was so easy and yummy... that will be my treat later...lol! I also made up my own recipe fro dinner last night... its like the yummisetti that my aunt makes. Kids loved it too!! lol I just love meals that are all in one pot! lol This weekend is going to be a busy one for me. My inlaws are coming and my brother and his wife. So, with having a fullhouse on Halloween i am making my famous lasagna... But i am cutting back the fats... lowfat cheeses and ground turkey mixed with hot italian sausage. I always put spinach in the sauce so i knwo it will turn out great. Ok, i am not modest about my lasagna... but i know from experience that everyone loves it...lol Letes see... i am jsut a babbling today arent i... i love my walk away the pounds tapes... so far i have only done the 1 mile... but i want to build up to the 2 and 3 mile... maybe i will do the 1 mile twice today.. depends on time. WEll... i will stop for now... take care of u today... i love you all

Sandy
ps.. all 4 yesterday... duh how could i forget that?? LOL

gma22
10-29-2003, 10:50 AM
URGENT REQUEST!!!

My younger sister, Neita, whom I am very close with and whose husband is my husband's best friend called me this morning from Southern Calf where they live. My bil, Larry, had a heart attack last night! Please keep him in your prayers and the family (Smiths). They did an immediate angioplasty as he had a 99% blockage in 2 arteries, one of which is attached where it cannot be repaired. He is doing better, but with everything going on with fires etc and them having to deal with that, this is just much more stress put on them.

Thank you ladies, you are the best!

berrygirl
10-29-2003, 11:52 AM
thank you ladies for the wonderful, warm welcome. I am feeling motivted and ready for the challenge of losing weight!

Faye, my thoughts and prayers are with your sister and brother-in-law. I know first hand the power and comfort of prayer, and I am more than happy to pass it on.

I attempted to post earlier today but it is not showing up. If it does, eventually, and this is repeated--I do apologize.
I am 43 yr old single mom of Billy, my 13 year old wonderful son.
I have weighed as much as 308 when pregnant, and have gained and lost the same 50 pounds of the last few years. I was slowly and steadily losing weight until my husband died last March. At that time I had so many other things to take care of, I kind of got lost in the shuffle, and now I am back up to 298. things have settled down now, so I can take care of me again.

I am a Real Estate secretary, so I sit most all day. Recently, my legs and ankles have been swelling umcomfortably. They don't swell on the weekends, so I am thinking itis all the sitting that is the culprit, cutting circulation. So, along with eating lower carb, my main objective is to get moving.

I can claim 1 point for yesterday, I drank all my water!!! I need to grocery shop before I can start my food program. The only exercise I got yesterday was climbing the stands to watch Billy play football. My sweet baby (6' 1" and 200 lbs at 13) is a ferocious defensive tackle. He was so proud of his bruises, had to show them off to me---it was way too cute. I admired them like a good Mom. The cheerleaders admired them too which had him blushing bright red! this time of his life is going to be so much fun, I am really looking forward to it.

Again, ladies, thank you for the welcome.
Judy

Mirabelly
10-29-2003, 12:24 PM
Good morn.....oops,afternoon Lovelies!

Well, I swear it's been raining here for MONTHS! Things are flooding here and they can't catch a raindrop in California. How weird the world is.

Anyhoo, I got another 4 pointer day yesterday! This waking up early with dh is doing wonders for my points :)

Faye, I'll be thinking and praying for your bil. It's good that they got to him in time.

Amanda, keep up the awesome work! I know it's a ***** trying to quit smoking, but it'll get easier. I'm proud of you! AND WOO HOOO on the job interview!! Just be yourself and I'm sure it will go well.

Dorothy--you hang in there girl! It's time to take care of YOU. Heartache stinks, but you have done the right thing cuz YOU DESERVE THE BEST!

Judy--Welcome to our crazy group!! This is the first time I've tried to lose weight that I didn't feel like I was alone and a total failure! I have support, and I'm LOSING WEIGHT! Consistently and (relatively) easily. I feel sure you'll have great success.

Ok, So I have to tell you all that it is IMPOSSIBLE to do morning yoga with my husband in the same room working out! Can you just imagine how hard it is to get a good serious meditative stretch in when you dh is feeling you up every time you stick your butt in the air!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Faye, take this as a warning......I know how Jack is, and just DON"T do yoga unless you're alone ;) Not only did I have to deal with THAT indignity, but he actually took a picture of me doing a bridge pose when my 4 yr old son came in and did a "freeway overpass" on top of my bridge :lol: OMG, it was hilarious!!! And just to brighten your days, I'll try to post the picture here.

Until soon
Julie

happy dance dot
10-29-2003, 12:49 PM
Morning Ladies...

Faye: I will keep the Smiths in my prayers and hope all turns out well.

My boss won't be here today so that's takes away some of my worries about the phone calls....the good news is he hasn't called:D I think he finally knocked out. As for myself I had a good night's rest...I love the little "OFF" switch on my phone:lol: :lol: :lol:

Judy- welcome to our group. Hope you find this group as fun and supportive as I have. I am insulin resistant (due to my PCOS), which I believe is similar to Diabetes Type 2, do you have type 2??? I am on glucophage XR 1000mg/day. Try to stay away from the bad carbs, like white rice, potatoes, pasta...instead have brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and whole wheat bread, etc. About you working sitting down all day, I totally understand, most of my time is spent in front of the computer and on the phone. I do try to take stand up breaks, when I just move around the office a bit or stand up and stretch a bit. It's not much but it helps. Also you may try, depending on how long your lunch break is, to divide let's say the 1 hr and walk for half hour, that's what I do alot. Window shop...it help me tune out the stress too.
:lol: Hope this helps. By the way I used to be an office admin. for a real estate management office:) ...cool to see we have one thing in common. I think my current landlord doesn't like that, it's harder for him to try and get over on me...he's tried, but I always win:lol: :lol: ok enough rambling. Good luck on your very rewarding journey you have begun.

SandyB- yummmmmmm lasagna sounds good, would you care to share the recipe??? I am not much of a cook but lately I've been enjoying cooking and finding new ways to spice up my meals...so as not to get bored or stuck eating the same ole .

Julie-heehee your son's cute. You're doing great. Keep it up and thanks for the support.

Okay beautifuls take care...I will check in later.

gma22
10-29-2003, 01:00 PM
MORE POINTS!

Judy: :flow2:
Julie: :bravo:
Sandy: :bravo:

Judy: It is so great to know you. I am so very sorry about your husband's death. It is wonderful you have a part of him in your son, though. I have been a secretary/receptionist and know what a lot of sitting does to the legs and feet. Blood pools in them and they swell. While you are sitting, do some exercises to just keep the blood flowing, like putting weight on your tippy toes and back down, repeating several times, do mini leg lifts under your desk, things like that. You are in a terrific group of supportive and fun ladies, (even the ones that may sooner or later needed to be carted off to the loony bin.....no names will be released at this time! :lol: :lol: )

Julie: How hilarious and you are right, Jack would be on my like white on rice if I could even do YOGA! I could just see Thomas coming up and kerplopping on me when I would do something like that, little heiny up in the air!

I decided I needed to get outside and walk so I went and walked about 2.25 miles today, stopped in the store and got a book, a get well card for Lar and a loaf of bread and then came on home. It is so great to be able to WALK to the store, which is about a mile round trip from home.

Woohoo, I got to have an oz of cashews for a snack this morning. Let's see that is about 4 cashews....:lol: Not really, it is a decent amount. Not a half can like I would usually eat, but ok.

Amanda: I need to let you in on a couple things about the menus, when you see french toast for breakfast, I just use a carton of eggbeaters with no milk and batter the bread and if it is cinnamon french toast, just shake a little on each side of the bread rather than add it to the batter, it seems to stick better that way. Also, I can't seem to get sliced frozen strawberries so I just slice whole ones frozen, they are pretty easy to slice that way. It is really good to defrost them with a little Splenda in the microwave for about a minute, mix them up and then put them over the french toast. It is pretty yummy this way with that little dusting of powdered sugar. As I come across menus that I feel are not self explanatory I will let you have more info. Oh and another pretty good tasting thing is if you get tired of just plain apple, I will cut them in half, take out the seeds mix some Splenda and cinnamon together and spread over each half and cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes and instant baked apple. No added calories or fat that way either.

Well it is almost lunchtime and today is a lean cuisine lunch day so I am going to get a shower then moisturize and go and fix myself some lunch.

jloo1957
10-29-2003, 01:02 PM
GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES...JUST CHECKING IN....Faye ,I will certainly keep them in my prayers...and yes they are having a tough time in California....the rain has finally left us hee...it is nice and sunny with a temp of about 70...I was surfing the net and if you Ladies want to check out some awesome transformations ..go to lean and strong .com...go to pictures and files...click on transformations...the changes from working out and eating healthy are awesome....very inspiring to see...well,I must go to put more steps on the pedometer...you girls stay strong ...will check in later...love to all...Joy:D

happy dance dot
10-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Faye- about books, have you ever read Kathy Hepinstall's books?? I started with "The Absence of Nectar" and after that I got hooked. She written 3 books and I read them all. If you haven't read them yet I do recommend them. Oh and as far as points I got 3 pts yesterday.

friendsforfitness
10-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Hello all,

Welcome Judy! Welcome to our crazy group!

Dot- Stay strong and everyone here is so right, you have done the right thing. It will get easier as each day goes by, trust me.

I have been super busy, but I still am struggling with my water intake for some reason, other than that I got the other points yesterday.

I'm so happy to know you all,
Lisa

Sandybrat
10-29-2003, 01:35 PM
This place is hoppin... I did my 2mile watp tape... love love love it!! DS even joined me again...lol Julie... i know exactly hwat u mean... thats y i do my yoga after ds leaves for school...lol Cute cute pic by the way too!! Faye, my prayers are with you and your family... hope everything works out well. Dot... as far as a recipe for lasagna... i make my sauce( i use my own canned marinara) add to it the browned meat(of your choice) and i use 3 boxes of the frozen chopped spinach. let that cook and simmer. I then mix the ricotta cheese, parmesan and 2 or 3 eggs all together in a bowl. Take your uncooked noodles and spread the cheese onto them like u were buttering bread. put some sauce on the bottom of your pan then, a layer of noodles, more sauce, layer of noodles... etc, til u have a full pan. I bake mine for 25 mins at 350 degrees. Take it out... let it cool completely . Bake again at 350 for another 30-60 mins... so thats it warmed thru. And thats it. I bake it then rebake it so that it sets... that way u dont have your piece of lasagna swimming around your plate... its nice and firm. And no need to precook the noodles either... thats a pain and mess and its harder that **** to try and spread the riccotta on cooked noodles...LOL They cook just fine in the sauce with the rest of it in the oven. As for sauce.... if i run out of my marinara... Start with a large can of good tomatoes. Add some basil, oregano, whatever u like in your sauce... its very easy to do from scratch. Hope this helped... if u have any questions feel free to ask... i love to cook and am always trying new things out...lol Hope u all have a wonderful day... of course i will be checking back later..lol Love you all....

Sandy

Sandybrat
10-29-2003, 01:38 PM
Just missed u Lisa... try eating spicy or salty foods... maybe thta will help with h2o intake...

Sandy

friendsforfitness
10-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Not too sure if that would be ok with my gallstones. They have been hurting lately,(probably from lack of water) :lol: I don't want to aggrivate them. I am doing a lil bit better on it today but not much.

Faye- Your bil and family are in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

Julie- That pic was too funny! Thanks for the smile!

I need a few prayers too, my daughter goes in for surgery tomorrow, I'm sure she'll be fine, but it definitely wouldn't hurt. I'm a nervous wreck already. :wired: We have to be there at 11:30 and she goes in at 12:45.

I probably won't get a chance to be on much over the next few days if history repeats itself. My daughter is big time Momma's girl when she's not well and I can hardly leave her side. She's my only, so it's ok I cherish these years cuz b4 I know it she'll be out on her own. awwwww, now I'm getting sad, I don't like thinking about that. :cry:

Time to count my blessings:
1- Healthy
2- Happily Married
3- Home
4- Food on the table
5- 3 great kids
6- I'm alive
7- Great friends
8-3FC website
9- I'm losing weight
10- I can clothe my family
11- My daughter is a young lady to be very proud of.
12- I am going into business for myself
13- I am able to help others
14- I have a job.
15- I have a ton of very supportive friends on this site!
16- It could definitely be worse.

Sorry, but I hate it when I get too whiny..LOL

Have a good one all and count your blessing too, people in California are having it very rough right now.

Lisa

gma22
10-29-2003, 03:24 PM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT MOVE ON TO #36!!!!!