South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 07:58 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - Thursday, October 23

'Morning, Beauties - sick and well. Maybe we should start a Sick Bay thread! I'll supply the chicken soup.

Damned cold this morning. The frost is really on the pumpkin which I left on the side steps last night. Let's hope it doesn't freeze and rot!

Hersh and I did our thing yesterday afternoon. One of the clients brought treats for Hersh AGAIN! I think I'm going to have to stop giving Hersh breakfast on "job" days because she sure isn't losing weight. She takes after her human mother, I guess.

I haven't scorched a roast or burned the bottom out of a pot so far this week. I'm being very careful! Tonight's dinner is Tex-Mex pork chops which I just hauled out of the freezer. I love cooking ahead - or rather, having stuff cooked ahead.

How is your day so far?
Old 10-23-2003, 08:04 AM   #2  

Angry

Good Morning!!!

Yikes - getting chilly here too! I parked my car in the garage last night so I would not have to scrap windows! During the summer is seems that the garage is an extension of the house and becomes the boys' play area - no room for gma's car It is nice though....it keeps some of the dirt out of the house.

I can't believe it is time to change our clocks on Sunday - were does the time go???

I hope everyone will have a glorious day - and for all of you that are not feeling well - take care of yourself and get better soon!
Old 10-23-2003, 08:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

That's what I'm doing next week, Ruth... freezer cooking! I have a plan. (let's see if I stick to it)

Still sick. Not much new. Just ate half of a cold lamb sausage. It was disgusting... I had to force it down. No wonder I'm fat.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:18 AM   #4  

Getting a sore throat and a stuffy nose....YUK!! We are in for a weather change this weekend...about time, I say...this has been one of the warmest Octobers ever...the ragweed is awful...(my poor babies) We are going to have cooler temps and rain this weekend...It may even get below freezing...I will have to bring all my house plants in. Hope everyone is doing better....chicken soup would be nice Ruth...
Old 10-23-2003, 09:42 AM   #5  

Who wants to share my 40th today!!!?

I'll pass the virtual cake... It's fantastically delicious and absolutely no fat, no sugar and no calories! Plus, it's large enough for all of us to have seconds or even thirds! Come celebrate with me! I'm having a party right here on the beach!!!

I have a class tonight so I can't go out to celebrate but am going to an amazing restaurant with my family tomorrow night, and my husband just told me that some friends just "decorated" the outside of our house with Over the Hill signs and balloons!! hee hee!

It's really fun to feel special! (Even if I had to remind everyone it's my birthday!) Last year everyone forgot This year I feel happy! And my new business is really starting!!! Oh my gosh! Lots of new beginnings!

Oh, here... I've made some homemade chicken soup for all you in the sick wing... I wish you a very speedy recovery! And... you can have cake and eat it too!!!

Hugs to all,
Old 10-23-2003, 09:57 AM   #6  

Happy, healthy, wonderful after-birth Little Chick!! (ew! gross, I should have typed "after-birthday...")

I wasn't around yesterday! I had the opposite of a do-nothing day! Sorry I missed the celebration, hope your day was special! Have some cake and celebrate again today with me!

Last edited by J&LMOM; 10-23-2003 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:59 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Happy 40th Robin, I just crossed that line myself last year....criminy, will be coming up on 41 soon...yuck

So sorry to hear that everyone is not feeling well and am sending my killer ginger tea and honey out to all of you, drink it up and if your about to go to sleep, a dash of whiskey will help you sleep.

Have therapy with my business partner today, we have personal issues that we are trying to work past (always seems to happen when you have s-e-x -- it was a weak moment, it had been a long time, what can I say?) I may not have a partner after today, but I am just so excited about the business opportunity that I have, I am trying to stay focused.l..

Hope everyone feels better, has a wonderful day and drinks lots of fluids.....

Feel Better!!!
Old 10-23-2003, 11:08 AM   #8  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Hi All!!!!!!

We should buy stock in some good chicken soup company i guess. Too many sick chicks here!!! I sincerely hope that ALL of you start feeling better today!!!

The school actually DID something to help my DS13 yesterday!!! The new assistant principal seems to be actually DOING HIS JOB, unlike his predecessor!!!! This kid has been waiting for my son after school and hitting him and harassing him. DS has been moved to different classes to get him away from the creep. Now we need to see if they deal with the out of class stuff.

Rowan-Good luck with the therapy session. Business partner relationships can be just as complex as marriages!!!

Robin-Hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday!!! Enjoy yourself and HAVE FUN!!!

Whimsey-sorry to hear you are feeling sick too. It is getting cold here too. High of 47 today, and there was snow north of here!!!

Ellis-Take a super hot bath. A LONG one. Take a book in and read, and occassionally dip your head under the water. it will help get rid of the gunk.
DON'T QUESTION ME YOUNG LADY.....JUST GO DO IT!!!! (PS re the bread....I used to go to the Brownberry outlet to buy it cheap and freeze it. I can relate COMPLETELY!!!)

Gmamary-We change the clocks THIS weekend?!? YEESH! I'm glad you said something 'cause I would have missed it!!!

Ruth-We DO need a sick bay!!! You supply the soup, and I'll be the nasty nurse. You VILL drink ze zoup.......NOW!!! (whip cracking.)

Last edited by dentrassi; 10-23-2003 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:32 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ruth~~~PLEASE send some of your wonderful homemade chicken soup to poor, dear Ellis. She needs to feel better soon.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:58 PM   #10  
Member Florida Chick

Ruth: Pre cooking for the freezer is great. But I don't usually pre cook, I just make a big batch of 'whatever' and then freeze the leftovers for another meal.

Tried an experiment, for me, tonight for dinner. We like veal stew, but my recipe has white potatoesin it, and peas. So instead, I used green beans, mushrooms, and cut chunks of sweet potato. We both actually liked it better than with the white potato. I don't know if I was supposed to, but I did used a bit of cornstach to thicken the gravy a little. Anyway it is good, and I think basically OP. Also tried some baked Ricotta with pumpkin pie spice in it. I put over a sliced pear. And sprinkled about 1tbs of oldfashioned oats on the top. It was tasty but I don't really like the texture of the baked ricotta. Any suggestions? 1 pear and 1/2 cup ricotta served the two of us.

I'm sorry so many of you are on the sick list. Hope the sick ward helps. I know chicken soup is supposed to be second only to penicillin. My ribs are much better so I can't indulge in the soup remedy. I just have to be sure I don't tip off my bike again.

Hope tomorrow will find everyone much better.

Happy birthday to all you "over the hill" gals. I really find that funny, since you don't yet know what over the hill really means. You have a lot more good years. Isn't that true - all you retirees?
Life just begins at 40. : See you tomorrow. Lizzie
Old 10-24-2003, 12:01 AM   #11  
WW Moderator

Robin, hope you had a nice birthday! I'm sorry your family forgot last year. Husband number one forgot my birthday one year. Coincidentally we were divorced 4 months later.

Lizzie, I haven't gotten to Phase 2 yet so I might be giving bad advice, but can you add some light cream cheese to the ricotta? On Atkins I used to mix ricotta and cream cheese, and add a little Splenda and key lime juice. Mmmm.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:05 AM   #12  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Oh my, all the sick chickies! Please, please don't breath on me! If I get sick before our vacation I would never forgive my immune system! I think I'll just have to put my family in isolation until we leave! And you all had better get well soon...being sick is such a major drag.

Lizzie, you might try to make the ricotta more like cheese cake by adding a bit of egg? I would whip it up real good in a food processor, then add a bit of egg or egg substitute and your flavoring. In Italy the cheesecake is made with ricotta and it is delish! What a good idea putting it over sliced pears. Did you cook the pears separately or did you bake the ricotta on the pears? I might have to try something like that...saute some thinly sliced apples, then put some ricotta cheesecake filling over them and bake. It sounds good, but who knows?

Your experimental dinner sounds yummy! I made a HUGE pot of white chili last weekend (white beans & chicken, no tomato) that we'll be eating all winter! I made some mini-meatloafs last week and used finely chopped mushrooms instead of breadcrumbs. They were pretty tasty...I'll use that trick again.

Ruth, the frost in on the pumpkin, huh? Is the hay in the barn? Has pappy come to rambling on, stumbling around drunk down on the farm? Anyone know this song?

Ellis-cold lamb sausage? Ewwwww...it sounds disgusting! I think it is the idea of it being cold? You'll have to tell us what your plan is for next week? What are you cooking?

Happy birthday to all our birthday chicks! A year ago I hated being on this side of 40, but I'm telling you, it is looking better all the time! Probably because as I take better care of myself I feel younger and younger?

Well, since I am at work I should get something work related done? Geez, they think since they are paying me I should be at their beck and call!

Have great night chickies!
Closed Thread