Weight Loss Support - 21-DAY-CHALLENGE #6 -- Please join us!!

redballoon
10-23-2003, 05:45 AM
Hello Dear Readers. This is the SIXTH chapter in the continuing saga of . . . the 21-Day Challenge.

Please jump aboard and count with us. You pick something you want to do every day for the next 21 days. It can be anything related to your goals of weight loss, better health, better eating habits, anything really. You do it each day and report back here as you count along. If you slip up you have to start counting all over again. It's all up to you what you consider a slipup and if it constitutes starting over.

The numbers help keep you on track and give you a LOT of momentum in the later days. :cb: I've done it twice now and I can tell you, it is really GREAT. :cp: :cp: Knowing you have to start counting over just doesn't make whatever it is you're trying NOT to do as tempting. Well, maybe tempting, but you realize the price is way too high.

PLEASE join us. :spin: You can join anytime, there's no specified beginning and ending date with this challenge. We have people just starting out now and some halfway through.

Hope to see you soon!!! :wave:

Southern Butterfly
10-23-2003, 10:18 AM
Yeah, a new thread!!!

Welcome back, redballon!! I hope you enjoyed your trip!

So far the days going good. I only have 5 days left, so I will not mess up!!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!!!

michireiko
10-23-2003, 02:16 PM
Okay! Day 20 complete! I almost forgot to do it last night but I remembered right as I was falling asleep. Better late than never. One more day.

Welcome back RB.

Did everyone visit me? www.moonprism.com/mallory

sign guestbook please :)

PhotogirlTX
10-23-2003, 03:31 PM
Mallory... tomorrow is day 21!!!!! Wow.. you are doing GREAT!!!!

Butterfly.... only 5 days left???? Where has time gone too??? You are doing a fantastic job too!!

Red... How was your trip??? Glad you are home. Are you ready to jump back into the groove??

Me, It's what.. day.......11. I have done cardio everyday.. and resisted chocolate candy. Over half way there!!!! Today, I am going running at the lake with my sweetie.... he is in from California... and then tonight, I will be doing my ellpitcal workout! He surprised me with a present today at lunch..... God Love Him. I've been wanting a MP3 player every since we've started dating for when I rollerblade or jog.... and it's just hasn't been in my budget.. well.... he suprised me with one today!!!! :-) I am so excited!!!! Now I can't wait to figure out how to use it and go running with it!!! New motivation!!!

Ok.. better get back to work... (actually gonna play with my gizmo!) Talk to you all soon!

Cherie

redballoon
10-23-2003, 04:12 PM
Starting my new challenge off today. This is my fourth. The last fourth got cut short when I left on my trip. So, this is the new start, with a variation, a multi one. :drill:

I will have:

1) NO SUGAR or sweetener :nono: of any kind 'cept for a bit of sugarless gum at times.
2) NO BREAD, RICE CRACKERS or PASTA :nono: (except for a maximum of 3 servings of buckwheat noodles per week)

and:
I will do:

3) 100 CRUNCHES :yes: of any kind EVERY day.

So that's it. Wish me luck! :dancer:
Day 1, here I come!!

P.S. I'll check in with you all later!

michireiko
10-23-2003, 04:20 PM
PhotogirlTX - actually today is day 21, but I've not completed it yet. I want an mp3 player too :D

RB - 100 crunches a day is a good goal!

jro
10-23-2003, 09:47 PM
Day 3 - Success - gym for 30 minutes weights & 30 minutes on the bike - on th Day 4
Congratulations Michi

michireiko
10-23-2003, 10:40 PM
jro - Yay an hour of exercise! very nice :D

:encore::flow1::goodvibes YAAAAAY!:goodvibes :flow1::encore:

Day 21 was a success! I completed my first 21 day challenge!!

Now I'll take a break until my Pilates tape comes in, but don't worry, I'll be around ^_^

OH! Tomorrow I'm job hunting more. WISH ME LUCK!!

Marti
10-23-2003, 11:48 PM
:cp: :cp: :hat: Congratulations Mallory!!! :cp: :cp: :hat:

21 days down! I knew you could do it!!

Another day of success. I'm not sure what day this is, I'll have to look at the other thread... But I'm making it. And with all this stress of school!!!

Gotta get to studying.... hi to everyone and welcome back Redballoon!!!

Marti

Marti
10-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Oh yeah---
Redballoon, how do format your post?? I have no idea how to enlargen the fonts AND get a different color!! I'm at a lost. Everything I've tried doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
When I try and then I preview it... it just shows the codes and then what I typed. But not formatted the way I want. I'd like to see some color is some of my posting. So please... guide me??

Aquareggie
10-24-2003, 07:49 AM
HI! Erm, can I cut in? :lol: I'd like to try for 21 days vegan. You all helped me go a week vegan in the other thread. Think I'm ready for this. *Deep breath*

OK, day one...

AR

Lizhorn
10-24-2003, 11:37 AM
Day 3 a success and day 4 in the workings. The weekend is coming which is always my killer so we will see. (especially since I have put off most of my running for the weekend)

Everyone is doing great!!! Have a good weekend.

Lizhorn

Southern Butterfly
10-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Congratulations Mallory!!!

Augua &RB - good luck on your challenges!!

Liz & JRO - your're going great!!

MNJ - I hope school is going well.

Photogirl - great job with the cardo!

redballoon
10-24-2003, 04:36 PM
OK. I've made it to Day 2. It wasn't hard but I'm so severely jet-lagged that everything is messed up, which makes it easier in a way to avoid the bread and sugar rut of everyday (the usual everyday). Thanks for all the welcome backs!

Southern Butterfly, you're almost there! :dance: You bet, there's no way you're going to blow it now. Just put yourself on Cruise Control and come on home . . . a winner!!

michireiko, :bravo: You did it!!! :cp: :encore: Congratulations!!! I'm so proud of you! You are now a veteran challenger!! :spin: You have done so well. I remember when you first started out and it was so hard for you to get on track. Now, you're coming across strong and determined.
I went to your Website. You look beautiful! :flow1: I haven't signed your guestbook yet, but will. And good luck with the job hunting!

Photogirl, :bravo: for making it to Day 11. And, thanks so much for being so great about keeping things going here. You are a great inspiration now. Wow, an MP3 player. Now, that would really make the cardio fun. Have you figured out how to work it yet?

Lizhorn, hello. We haven't met before. Tell me what your challenge is as I've been away. Congrats on a successful Day 3! :cp: And you can do it over the weekend. Just stay focused on your goal! :dancer:

Aquareggie, :wave: of course you can cut in! Glad to see you over here. 21 days vegan. Ok, that's a toughie, but you can do it. I used to be vegan for a long time but have eased into lacto-ovo because of my hectic schedule and because I'm trying to train heavy and get the fat off and that alone is just too much to think about. I still try to be as vegan as possible though and need to familiarize myself with easy recipes so if you have any ideas maybe we can exchange them. Good luck! :cb:

jro, :wave: welcome to you too and :bravo: for Day 3. You're doing it!! :dancer:

And M.N.J., thank you as well for being a great support here for everyone! You are one of our most colorful members so I can understand you wanting to put some color into your posts! :love:
It sounds to me like you're failing to turn OFF the codes. For everything you turn on you have to turn it off or it won't take. Here's an example (I'm subsituting parentheses for the brackets so you can see it, just be sure to use the brackets. I just type in the codes directly. Don't bother clicking on them, that takes too long) Ok. For ex: if you want a giant, bold, red color for the word -- Hurrah! -- do it like this:

(size=4)(b)(color=red) Hurrah! (/size)(/b)(/color)

OK? It's hard at first but gets easier. Heh, does that sound familiar?!?!? :lol:

OK, people, I've got to run. Catch you all later.

Marti
10-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Redballoon-- I thank you. I had no idea what I was doing. So here is a big:
Thank you!!

Also, I just wanted to let you know that I used your weekly challenge idea and posted it with the Jaded Ladies forum that I post at. I hope you don't mind. We needed to challenge ourselves....and the weekly challenge is great.

Ok...must study for midterms. Post later when I have more time.

Marti

michireiko
10-24-2003, 08:11 PM
I want to exercise! The habit STUCK!!!! I'll be exercising before I go to bed because I'll go insane if I don't!!

I can't wait until my Pilates tape gets here!

I love HTML (as you can tell by my page) tee hee!

jro
10-24-2003, 10:32 PM
michi - like they say...21 days to make a habit; 21 days to break a habit - keep going so you don't break that good habit before your pilates tape arrives!:strong:

I am finally figuring out this message "thing" - using the icons and all. Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake...:o

This was day 4 and I could have blown it already, but I didn't - wahoo! Worked all day, stopped at a job-site on the way home (so technically I was still working), stopped and got groceries, put them away, started dinner and then figured "I've got time" and rode the bike for 20 minutes - nothing too strenuous, but it was 20 minutes that made me sweat a bit. Day 4 SUCCESS.

I know the weekends are the hardest usually for me, too so I am challenging us all stay the strong and determined women that we are and make it through the next 2 days successfully!

Best wishes for a wonderful weekend to all!

Aquareggie
10-25-2003, 08:44 AM
OK, I've made my spreadsheet -- 21 day countdown with color-coding -- and I'm going to add a countdown to my sig. I'm starting today. Not that I'm hopelessly optimistic or anything. :lol:

AR

michireiko
10-25-2003, 01:47 PM
Good job on day 4 success jro!

redballoon
10-25-2003, 03:41 PM
I've made it through Day 2 and into Day 3. Still no major temptations. I'm trying to eat 5-6 mini-meals and finding this makes it easy. No feelings of deprivation. In fact, I feel like I'm indulging myself continuously! Today, however, it's a long train ride (on the superfast bullet train) to catch a big race in Kyoto. Must be careful to prepare with lots of snacks and keep those blood sugar levels stable!

M.N.J., you're most very welcome. That was beautiful! :sunny: You're an excellent student. :yes: And I'm glad to hear the challenge idea is helping others on another forum. I'll be back on the weekly challenge this coming week too. By the way, what's your challenge this time around on the 21?

michireiko, I'm so glad you've gotten into an exercise habit. :spin: I was going absolutely crazy in the second week in the States because everything was car, car, car. New York was great for walking so I was OK there. Here I walk all the time. By the way, I got the Ana Caban Pilates tape when I was over there. Thanks for recommending it. I have to make room in my tiny room first before I can do it though. What tape are you waiting for?

jro, you can do it! :strong: Just keep your goal firmly in mind over the weekend. I find that if I allow it out of "sight" it's so easy to just forget about it. And congrats on your successful Day 4! :cp: That was a major save late in the day, the toughest time of all. You're an inspiration!

Aquareggie, color spreadsheets! Way to go! Looks like we've got a major organizer in our midst. You SHOULD be optimistic. You can do it. We're rooting for you! :strong:

michireiko
10-25-2003, 05:18 PM
RB - I'm waiting for the beginners mat work out. When I found one for advanced I'll get it, too ^_^

jro
10-25-2003, 08:34 PM
thanks for the words of encouragement, Redballoon.
Day 5 was spend inthe yard enhancing a flower bed, unloading and spreading a couple of yards of top soil, raking and sweating even though it was only 55 degrees or so. I'm calling today a success - on to day 6

Marti
10-26-2003, 01:09 AM
Day 9 here. And I succeeded.

Red-- My challenge this time around was to combine the last two.. breakfast and the 80oz. of water. And so far so good. There are times I almost had to start over and then I remember to eat breakfast. It really is hard for me... can't understand why. And it hasn't gotten any easier for me, it seems that it's just easy to forget that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!!

Jro--- Yard work is one of the BEST workouts let me tell you!! I spent today on my backyard raking the never ending falling leaves. But I look at it as getting my arms in great shape. And I also did some weeding. That's great on the glutes and thighs, all that squatting!! You're doing great!

Mallory---It is so good to see your enthusiasm over excercising!! You'll be reaching your goal in no time. BTW, I haven't gotten past pg 25 in the book yet, been trying to study extra hard in the accounting class. But I still have it and plan on finishing it!!

Liz--S'fly--Aqua--Mscat and the rest of the crew whom I've forgotten.... Good luck on your days... we're all doing fantastic!!!

(notice my formatting there Red??? how exciting!)

You all take care!!

Marti

redballoon
10-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Well, I made it through Day 3. I had forgotten to do my crunches in the morning and wouldn't be home till very late but when I got home I just got down and DID them. I was tired and my eyes bloodshot but I did them. Yeah! And they were so easy. I'm going to have to up the intensity by doing a more challenging form . . . well, when I'm stoked for it! :lol:

michireiko, hope your tape gets there soon. Nothing like a new one to keep the motivation up.

jro, encouragement is what we're here for! Hurrah for Day 5 out of the way! :cp: Hope you made it through your weekend. I guess it's still Sunday there. What is your challenge, by the way, exercise? Yes, I agree with MNJ, yard work is major exercise and not only arms but also back and abs. I bet you'll be feeling it!

M.N.J., :bravo: on Day 9 :cloud9: And, yes, I llove the colors and creative formatting. Ok, so you're doing a double challenge. Sounds great. Hmm. Wonder why breakfast is hard for you. Maybe you're just not a morning person and your body temp and stuff is more up for nighttime. Then again, it's probably just a habit. Awesome that you're tackling changing it. That's no small effort! :cp:

Heh, all you others out there. :wave: Good luck and let's keep it going. Hoping to hear from you soon!! :dance:

michireiko
10-26-2003, 10:22 PM
Hey girlies. I did some exercise last night. I cleaned a lot, and I could really feel my back muscles going crazy. I'll probably get more cleaned up tonight. I'm trying to get my room cleaned up so that I can start my dancing (There is a Korean Jpop singer named Boa who does some awesome dances, and I found some dance steps)

I hope I get a job soon! I'm expecting to get a call about a job tomorrow. I applied at a motel the other day, and I had a really good chat with the lady at the counter, so I'm sure I'll get hired.

Congrats on your day 6, day 3, and day 9, girls!

kaclimer
10-27-2003, 09:19 AM
Hi everyone! I am new here. Let me see if I got this right? I decide what I want to improve on [such as walking 3 times a week] and keep it up for 21 days. If I mess up, I have to start all over? I like that idea. I have heard that it only take 21 days to start a habit or to break a habit. I don't think I want to add too much to my 21 day challenge at first. Maybe walking 3 times a week and drinking more water. If I add too much then I will set myself up for failure. And I don't want to do that!

Thanks guys for being here!

Kim in TX

Southern Butterfly
10-27-2003, 10:09 AM
Okay, I only have to succeed today and tomorrow to complete my goal. It's hard to believe that 21 days are almost over!!

Welcome Kim!!!

Congratulations everyone for sticking to your goals!!

Lizhorn
10-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Fo my "Challenge" I failed, ate 1800 cal Sat & 1500 cal Sun and only drank 6 C water on Sun. Also ate sourdough dinner rolls on both days.
I failed my challenge but in my weightloss journey by no means do I feel like I failed . I made great food choices and left food on my plate instead of eating it all (including the delicious sauce that was on my orange roughy, that I am still thinking about today) :). So I need to readjust. Instead of 1400 cal a day I am going to look at my challenge for the week as a whole 9,800 calories a week. As well as 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week

1) weight training 2-3 x a wk
2) carido 3-4x a wk
3) 9,800 cal a wk, 8 c wtr a day, 3-5 fruits/veg a day, no refined carbs (white bread, pasta, rice or snack foods)

Day 1...........AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JRo - you made it through the weekend...WTG - a major trbl spot for me

Michi - hope you get the job, what a refief that will be. Pilates tape in yet????

Kim - that sound like a good challenge ... good luck!!

Sthrn Btfly - WTG---2 more days!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Lizhorn
So:

Marti
10-27-2003, 02:05 PM
:stress: :stress: :cry: :smoking: Ahhh!!:stress: :stress: :cry: :smoking:

My morning was something else!! I slept bad worrying about the exam I had this morning. I was running late trying to get in some last minute studying. I got to school and got out and what do you think I did????? I locked my keys, along with my purse and backpack in the car!! I had to run up to the school and find a phone to call my fiance to come to the school and unlock the car. (we live 15-20mins. away) Well, I was late for my first class, but only by 15mins. But I was still frazzled about the whole ordeal and spent the rest of the class time trying to catch up!
Then.....
The accounting class....exam time. I was a mess. I was literally shaking. I know I got a lot of it done alright, but I'm not so sure if it was passing material. I'll see on Wednesday.

Ok, that all said......I also managed to FORGET breakfast. I know it's still early enough to eat some now, but I'm sooo not in the mood for it, I'm just trying to unwind from this morning. And a Monday morning at that!!! Uhgg!:headache:

What more could happen??
Anyway.... I'm going to start over tomorrow. (and I was already at the half point!! can you believe that??) I may even decide to hold off on this challenge until this Mid-term week is over.... I'll let you all know tomorrow.

Ok... need to go veg... and try and relax.

take care---hope you all had a better morning.

Marti

beachkid
10-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Well, I've failed *temporarily* and am starting up again. Today was a successful day 1 of not eating between meals!

congrats to all who have been successful!

only 20 more days to go!

redballoon
10-28-2003, 07:18 AM
Ok, I'm going to be closing out Day 5 here. No sugar, no bread or pasta and did my 100 crunches. Yeah!! :dancer:

kaclimer, welcome! :wave: Actually, Kim it sounds like you understand the challenge a bit wrong. You have to do (or not do) something EVERY day for 21 days on this challenge. If you want to do something by the week then pop on over to the weekly challenge on another thread and join us there. But, I'd love to have you here too. Is there something you can do for 21 days?

Southern Butterfly, Hurrah, hurrah for making it to Day 20. Just one more to go!! :dance: You must be stoked!

Lizhorn, yes, you're definitely not a failure so just pick up and start again. Actually, why don't you join us on the weekly challenge as well. It sounds like that's what you're looking for not the do something every day for 21 days kind of challenge. They're both great. I like this one for giving up something, like sugar or bread as I'm now doing. The weekly one is good for behavior modification over the long run. Gives you a lot more freedom and leeway and choice.

beachkid, you can do it! :cb: That's the attitude, just keep trying and eventually you'll get it. Good luck!

M.N.J., so sorry to hear about all the stress. Please don't leave us. You can do the breakfast thing I know you can. Why don't you allow yourself a "minimum" that you call breakfast (even if others wouldn't) for those extra bad days. That way you can still keep your challenge going.

Southern Butterfly
10-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Wow, today is it. All I have to do is make it through today.

MNJ - I'm sorry you're under so much stress. I know midterms are awful!! They should have to break up when they give their tests!!! Just keep going!

beachkid & Lizhorn - good luck on the new challenges!!

Redballon - way to go on finishing day 5!!

Marti
10-28-2003, 08:17 PM
Hello ladies--

Ok.... yesterday after posting I went and sat on my patio, and while smoking a cigarette (ok... I know that's something else I need to deal with)I realized that it's stress related issues such as yesterday that is keeping me from reaching my goal. And so I went in and ate a small bowl of....get this.....Kettle corn. Ok, I know it's not your typical breakfast and not even healthy, but at that moment, it was all I had and it was something. And something is better than nothing. And it wasn't a huge bowl. Maybe a handful and a halfs worth.... the water... I had absolutely NO problem with that. I drank, and drank and drank.....

So...as of today I am on day 11. And this day has been good. Cereal in this morning. Water already down. I will fight this stress problem. Work my way through it. I CANNOT forget about me. That's why I'm here right?

So I want to thank you all for your support. You're FANTASTIC!!

until tomorrow ladies
Marti

redballoon
10-29-2003, 04:53 AM
Southern Butterfly, tell us when you've made it!! :smug:

M.N.J. good for you for thinking this through! :bravo: That's the kind of stuff success is made of!! :cb:

Lizhorn
10-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Day 3 beginning Day 1 & 2 a success!!!!!

MNJ - Wow what a bad Mon hope yesterday was better!!!!

Bchkd - Right there w/you, have started over 3 x, but still going..... Day 1 a success, so far so good!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!!

Lizhorn

Southern Butterfly
10-29-2003, 10:27 AM
I actually made it. 21 days completed!!! I didn't even think about it until reading redballon's post.

MNJ - I'm glad to hear that you're sticking with it.

Okay, I need to give some thought to my next challenge. I'll post it later.

redballoon
10-29-2003, 02:46 PM
:bravo: to Southern Butterfly!! You did it!! Congratulations!!
:cp: :encore: Hurrah, Hurrah!! :spin:

How does it feel to be a veteran challenger!!? :sunny:

michireiko
10-29-2003, 03:28 PM
CONGRATS SOUTHERN BUTTERFLY!! I'm very happy for you! Isn't completing your challenge one of the best feelings ever?! :yes:

Well, the tape is in! I did my Pilates first thing this morning and I feel GREAT! It's amazing how exercise can make a girl feel sexier. I remember Pilates being a lot easier, but that's because when I stopped doing it, it HAD become easier! 29 more days to go!! I haven't pulled out any hair today either. I keep thinking... by the time these 30 days are over, it will be time for me to see the Lanham family again. They've never seen me weigh less than 206. By then, I expect to be in onederland. I just have to keep up with this challenge! Girls! I need all the help I can get! I know this is gonna be tough for me, but I just HAVE to accomplish this! I know I will feel soooo good about myself if I do this. Also, the Lanham's have never seen me wear my hair down. I hope I can wear my hair down by Thanksgiving! My grandma is going to make me a berret. I think that will be extremely helpful!

Bad news :( My DSL connection died, and the Sprint technician has NO clue what's wrong! I am posting from my mom's house. Hopefully my connection will be back up soon :( I have to have my computer reformatted because the technician thinks my computer may be the problem. I wouldn't be surprised! That computer is a peice of junk. It probably has a lot to do with 30% of the hard drive being loaded with Japanese music videos :)

Well, I'm back on the road! While waiting for my tape, I did some dancing and lots of cleaning. I was DYING for exercise! I'm sooo glad that tape is finally in!

Still no job.

Southern Butterfly
10-29-2003, 03:29 PM
redballon - it feels great!!

My next challenge is going to be a lot like my old one.
1. Drink 100oz of water a day (up 20).
2. Eat 3 veggies and 2 fruits a day.

Aquareggie
10-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Hi!

SB, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) Good for you!!!!

:D

I made it three days but messed up yesterday and today. And YES, I was counting days in my spreadsheet. :lol: I'm starting over again tomorrow. Love how supportive you all are about starting over. There's no "shaming." Anyway, I'm back to 21 days in my countdown sig, and back to zero on my spreadsheet. Maybe I can make it this time. :)

AR

jro
10-29-2003, 07:52 PM
I've been AWOL the last few days, but have been down and out with a horrendous cold, sore throat and earache. Add to that an absessed tooth. Let's just say it's been a miserable week. I am hoping to get to the gym tomorrow for some weights and an easy ride or treadmill to get back in the game.

Congrats to all who have kept on track and especially to Southern Butterfly for completing her challenge:dancer:

Marti
10-29-2003, 10:55 PM
:cp: :cp: :hat: :hat: :cb: Congratulations S'fly!! :cp: :cp: :hat: :cb: Knew you could do it!! Feels great doesn't it??

Well today went well. I had my breakfast. Already have the water and plus..... I manage to pull a C out of my exam!! I'm so happy. So today was good for me. Who knew on Monday that things would turn out this way....

Anyway... everyone looks like their doing well.

Aqua--don't worry... you're back on track. And I totally love the spread sheet idea. What exactly did you put on it? Mind if I borrow the idea??

Jro--glad to see you back. I sure hope you start to feeling better. What a lot to go through!!

Mallory--I'm so glad that you have that strong determination. We will all be here to help you reach that goal. We're rooting for you.

Liz--Good going on day one. Don't worry about having to start over... just as I told aqua, you're back on track and day one is already over!! You'll do it I know you will.

Red---Glad to have you back. I missed all your colorful posts. Keeps a smile on my face and makes the place brighter!!!

OK.... time to study for another exam. This one will be easy. Word 2000. I've already helped some friends who are having problems and had failed the first exam. I managed to ace it. I find it amazing how some things we can just totally understand... and other things... don't even have a clue!!!!

Take Care all!!!
Marti

redballoon
10-30-2003, 04:29 AM
I'm on Day 7 here. Oops, almost forgot I have to do my crunches. Will get to them. It's easier NOT to do something, isn't it? Well, for me it is.

jro, so sorry to hear you're ill. An abscessed tooth?! Yikes! I hope you get that healed fast, the cold and sore throat and all are surely coming from that. Well, if you can make it to the gym you're WonderWoman. Good luck!!

M.N.J., thank you. So glad to put a smile on that beautiful face! :spin: And congrats on the exam. You pulled through! :cp:

Aqua, OK, up and at 'em again. Good for you!! That's what it's all about. "Shaming" would make no sense. Support is US!! It's about getting back on the horse when you fall off, so to speak! :dancer: You can do it! Keep tryin' till you do!

Southern Butterfly, I'm really glad you're feeling good about your success. You should be. Ok, when are you going to start your No. 2 challenge? Have you already?

michireiko, glad your new tape got to you. Whoooh, sexy Pilates. I've GOT to give this a try. The Lanham family, is that your husband's family? You'll be in onederland for sure. Just keep at it. And remember, you'll feel good no matter how anyone else feels. So do it for YOU! And I hope you get wired again. Don't want to miss out on any of your posts.

Southern Butterfly
10-30-2003, 10:19 AM
redballon - I started yesterday. The scales were lying and saying that I'd gained, so I didn't want to take any time off. The gain was also why I added extra water. I read somewhere that the more fiber in the diet, the more water needed. Well it worked, because today the scales were back to normal!!
You're doing great!!

Marti - I completely agree with some things clicking and some not. I can do math and science, but put chemestry or anatomy in front of me, and I blank. I can do english, but literature just confuses me (who cares why someone wrote a book? They wrote it and it's either good or bad. Right?). And forget foriegn language! I can speak East Coast English, West Coast English, Northern English, and Southern English. Good enough for me!!

Augua & JRO - glad to see you're back on track!!

michi - you're going to knock them out when they see you!!

michireiko
10-30-2003, 12:28 PM
I'M IN SO MUCH PAIN! I love it though! Pilates after one day is killing me... Minimum work with maximum results. Gotta love it.

Yeah, the Lanham's are my husbands family. I see his mom's side of the family all the time, but the Lanham's live in Saint Louis so we see them rarely. I love the Lanham's to death! I can't wait to see the looks on their faces!

Oh about the DSL situation... I forgot to pay the phone bill. HAHAHAHAHA We had a technician over and everything! No one realized that my phone had been shut off! This may be one of the ditziest things I've ever done.

Marti
10-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Day 13 here.
Breakfast down. I was craving milk... so I had cereal. And the water is just about finished. I've drank 70oz. so far. Doing good.

Mallory--I know exactly what you're saying about excercising making you feel sexier!! (so why the :censored: aren't I doing them???) :D But excercise does release endorphins....plus.. I always loved how I saw results. Seeing muscles on a man...mmm... but seeing muscle on myself...it was a pretty cool feeling!! Almost like you can accomplish anything!! Ok... where's my sweetie at!!! All this talk about releasing endorphins and muscles!!:p......

Oh yeah... had to laugh about the DSL going "out"......you silly girl.

Well everyone.... must get back to the old homework crap. Too bad I couldn't make it into some form of excercise!!

Take Care all
Marti

michireiko
10-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Day 2 success! Ow ow ow I hurt but I sure do love this! My DSL is back up and running stronger than ever. We moved the computer near a better phone jack. Things are going good!

MNJ - I like muscular men, but not scary muscular! I want a flat belly and to be toned. Who doesn't?? hahaha I know this 30 days will make me look lots and lots better!

redballoon
10-30-2003, 08:49 PM
I'm on Day 8 here. Crunches already out of the way at the gym before work. :smug:
Of course, no sugar, no bread yet. Gonna do it! Yeah!! :cb:

Oh, you guys, muscular men. I love 'em. :love: Don't know why so many people don't. But my guy doesn't have to be muscular. I consider the different types just like art appreciation. You can look but you don't have to take 'em all home!! :lol:

Congrats michireiko and M.N.J., glad to hear you're all doing well. M.N.J., you must feel great for that awesome save the other day. :spin: Michi, you're really into the exercise these days. Such a change from earlier on. Good for you!! :cp:

Everyone else, hang in there. And come on out and say heh!
:wave:

michireiko
10-30-2003, 10:52 PM
Congrats on day 8 RB!!

OW OW OW.

Aquareggie
10-31-2003, 07:46 AM
Hi all!

Marti, sure, go ahead... not like I have it patented or anything! :lol: For the 21 days, I have each day marked in a countdown manner. For every day I do vegan, I color the square next to it green. For my other spreadsheet, I have the date, a color code for whether I ate vegan (light green) or vegetarian (dark greek) and a color code for number of calories eaten. I don't count cals during the day, but at the end of the day I've been totaling them up, to see what I've been doing. Sure enough, every vegetarian day for the past week and a half, I've gone well over 1800 calories. Every vegan day, I've stayed below 1500. The spreadsheet really lets me see my weaknesses and strengths. And day 13... GOOD FOR YOU! You're almost up to two weeks. Stay strong!

Redballoon, an entire week,plus one day.. I admire you. :D

Michi, hey, pain is good if it reminds you of success.

I made it through half a day yesterday. A little better! Went 3.5 days out of seven. Ok, I'm trying... I'm trying... just two days in a row... PLEASE???!!! :lol:

Lost half a pound this week.

AR

Southern Butterfly
10-31-2003, 10:13 AM
I'm starting over at day 1. I ate badly yesterday and didn't get in all my fruits and veggies. So day 1 again. 100oz of water, 3 veggies, and 2 fruits a day.

Lizhorn
10-31-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi ladies!!!! I have unexpected company so I didn't have time to read thru all the post. Day 5 is going all right, for the week overall , excellent!!! The weekends are my week spot hard to keep up everything while running around.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll catch up later.

Lizhorn

182/154/127

michireiko
10-31-2003, 05:16 PM
OMG

A PUBLISHER CALLED MY HOUSE AND LEFT A MESSAGE ON THE MACHINE.

MorticiaAddams
10-31-2003, 08:32 PM
I love this challenge idea . Im new to the forums but been on the journal kick for a little time. Good Day Everyone. :D

MY 21 DAY CHALLENGE WILL BE

1. 100 Situps a day

2.Drink at least 4 bottles of water a day.

3. No Pizza for the rest of this month and next month. :fr: :jeno:

redballoon
10-31-2003, 10:49 PM
Just a flyby. Michireiko, I sure hope that call brings you some good news!! You must be excited.

Morticia, welcome :wave:

Aqua, thanks and keep trying! You can do it!

Liz, congrats on Day 5. Keep it up!! You can get through the weekend OK!!

Southern B, OK, you know starting over only strengthens YOUR resolve. Good for you! and Good LUCK!

Everyone else, hang in there! I'm on Day 9. Couldn't get to the gym this morning but plan to go after work tonight. Will do the crunches in any case. Wish me luck. Sugar has been very hard to stay away from this time. Probably because of the jet lag and the more-than-usual amounts of coffee I've been drinking. Riding it out. . .

michireiko
10-31-2003, 10:59 PM
Welcome Morticia! 100 situps is a good thing to do. A friend of mine told me she lost 33 lbs from doing situps until it hurt everyday!

Liz - The first week seems to be the hardest for everyone. The first at weeke the toughest for me, but everything in the middle was simple. You're almost out of the first hard spot!

Aqua - Congrats on half a lb!!!

I hurt! The aching is spread into my back. It's great! A total body work out is /JUST/ what I need! RB - (We were posting at the same time) You have got to do these Pilates!!! And congrats on day 9!

MMMMMM sexy black dress, here I come! Just wait 27 more days!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=15320

MorticiaAddams
11-01-2003, 09:09 PM
Had a good day today was a trying one because the husband and son were driving me crazy.:blah: Ohh wait its still not over and they arent either :dizzy:

Marti
11-01-2003, 09:25 PM
Hello everyone!

Welcome Morticia!! You have a great challenge!! Hope you enjoy this thread.

Well it's day 15. And I'm doing great. Breakfast was 2 boiled eggs! (I'll probably moan about it later... :o ) And the water is almost down. So everything is going great here!!

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

take care
Marti

michireiko
11-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Day 4 was a success! I almost forgot because I've been writing so much, and I have a killer cold, but I did it and that's all that matters!

Congrats on day 2 Morticia and congrats on day 15 MNJ!!

Aquareggie
11-02-2003, 10:22 AM
Welcome Morticia. :)

Michireiko... any more news on that publisher???!!! :D

One day down. Finally! See lower number in sig. :)

AR

Marti
11-02-2003, 09:10 PM
Day sixteen done.:twirly:

I'm almost there.... looking forward to finding something different for a challenge. Isn't that terrible thinking? But I've got to do something else besides breakfast and water.:halfempty Water is going to definately be in my life for good now. I can't seem to get enough of it.

Maybe I will think of an excercise......hmmmm.......:chin: that is something I will have to ponder...

Ok..... I hope everyone is doing great.

Mallory--- You kick butt girl!! Excercising with a cold!! Absolutely Fantastic!! Just make sure you don't over do it and make it worse.

Ok everybody.. time to make some soup for this extremely cold day!!

Take Care
Marti

MorticiaAddams
11-02-2003, 09:16 PM
:D

Thanks for the welcomes everyone :balloons:
Glad to be here

I can really feel it in the abs those sit ups are awsome.
And hitting the water like mad.
Whoo Hoo
:cloud9:

redballoon
11-02-2003, 11:07 PM
I'm on Day 11 here.

M.N.J, :bravo: for Day 16 down. I can totally understand looking for a new challenge. I've kept the no sugar thing now so long but it's because I don't trust myself to stay away from sugar without a challenge. I mean, I tend to snowball, just a little and then more and more until I'm pigging again.

Congrats, Morticia on Day 3. You are going to have some great abs after 21 days! Keep it up! :strong:

michi, a hand to you for Day 4! :cp:

Aqua, :bravo: to you for that hard first day!!

michireiko
11-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Day 5 down! 25 more to go! MMMM I shall be HOT HOT HOT :flame: Didn't pull out any hair today, and I wrote almost 3,000 words for NaNoWriMo! (Daily quota is AT LEAST 1,667 words per day.)

Congrats on day 11 RedBalloon! You're almost there!
Morticia - You'll have rock hard abs :D
MNJ - Don't worry, I took a nap today and my cold is almost gone. I can breathe through my nose again. Yay! And congrats on 16! FIVE MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!! That gives us 5 days to think of another challenge for you. Hmmm... Maybe Pilates?? :lol:

Okay, about that publisher... They want to charge me. My mom keeps saying that if my book was worth publishing, a publisher that doesn't charge would publish it. I know this is true, but on the other hand, a traditional publisher may not want to publish me because I'm a new author. I don't know what to do... The total cost will be about... $1,000 or so. What do you all think I should do?

Lizhorn
11-03-2003, 11:46 AM
Actually did alright over the weekend, but, I played tennis on Sat and realized I was more out of breath than I wanted to be. So, I am going to start over with a whole new challenge.

Excersice:
Cardio walking/running/cross training 5 days a wk (in addition to weight training 2-3 X a wk)

When I started bagan my new healthy lifestyle I excersiced more and in turn seemed to stay much more motivated day to day. As colds have come and gone my excersice has dwindled and while weight loss is a pretty major goal it is not my overall goal. I have 3 boys that before I know it will be in sports and will want to play and I don't want to have to sit out. I will still maintain my "diet" but I would rather focus on excecising daily for endurance.

Sthrnbfly - day 1 - Good luck to you

Michi - publisher...sounds like your mom might be right!! Just my opinion. Don't sell yourself short out of excitment. The right pub WILL come along and love your book so much that you won't have to pay for it. BTW I too love the afterworkout pain . :) makes me feel like i did it right!!!

Morticia : welcome!!! Kids and husband = bad days??? hmm - I think I can sympathize. :) Good luck with your challenge!!!

Redballoon - Goodluck on Day 1 (mybe day 3 now) I love fresh starts!!

MNJ - Day 15 - wow!!! New challenge hmmm, new is good, as is excercise. Something diff for sure.

Aqua- WTG on weightloss, isn't it soo motivating!!!

Well I hope I didn't miss anyone, everyone is doing so well. I check back tomorrow.

Lizhorn

182/154.5/127

PhotogirlTX
11-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Ok... since I have a huge bowl of Halloween candy in my house and I can't just get rid of it cause it's my girls.... my 21 day challenge is: JUST SAY NO TO CANDY!!!! (CHOCOLATE included)

So... Nov. 3rd through Nov 24th. NO CHOCOLATE SHALL TOUCH MY LIPS... nor go down my throat as I try to make that a loophole and swallow it whole! hahahahaha

Also, back to doing some sort of exercise everyday.

I am at work, so I don't have time to post and reply, but I will soon!

Take care everyone!!!

Cherie

michireiko
11-03-2003, 05:24 PM
:dance:
PhotoGirlTX - I am picturing you choking on an entire Hershey's bar! Hahahaha! I think you'll do fine on this challenge!!

Lizhorn - I've given the publisher thing a lot of thought. I'm gonna submit my manuscript to 5-10 and if they all reject me, I will try the paying thing.

Marti
11-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Seventeen!!!!

Almost there!! Whoo Hoo!!

Just had to quicklly post to let you all know I'm still doing fine!
I'll post individuals next time.

Good Night
Marti:wave:

michireiko
11-04-2003, 12:14 AM
Day 6 complete, though I really didn't want to do it. I feel extremely lazy. I got it done, and I guess that's all that matters. It's funny how the hardest part was getting up and actually doing it. Very interesting...

Hope everyone's feeling more peppy than I am.

Congrats on day 17 MNJ!

MorticiaAddams
11-04-2003, 05:16 AM
Im doing it and Im feeling it. Went running last night and just about tired myself out so bad im late for work right now. :o
I fell out so fast last night I didnt remember when I fell asleep. I think before my head hit the pillow. :eek:

redballoon
11-04-2003, 07:21 AM
Well, I'm almost through Day 12 here. Just have to go do my crunches and I'll call it a success. Like I've said before I'm finding the bread thing harder to do just because there's more of it around and it's so easy to pop in your mouth AND it doesn't stick with you (as what's around here is mostly just white bread, that's why I'm cutting it out). But I'm doing it! :dancer:

michireiko, congrats on Day 6. :cp: I don't know what to say on your book. It really depends on what you you want from this. If it's more important to you to just have a book in your hand, perhaps as motivation to keep writing, then I would say go ahead and publish it. But if that's the case you may be better just getting your manuscript bound and not a whole print run done. The chances are that these kind of publishers won't do much in the way of marketing or promotion anyhow so it's likely not to help you as far as being a "published author" goes. If you haven't been published before in any way then I would start smaller, not a book, but articles and get more experience that way. It's very hard to be published in any case so don't take it too hard.

Lizhorn, I'm really glad to see you're getting into the challenge but really you should join us on the weekly challenge as what you're doing isn't the same as the "count to 21" format of this challenge. I don't mean to be discouraging, it just makes it confusing perhaps for others. So please jump over and join us there. But then again, maybe you just like the feeling here. In that case, you feel free to stay here and do your own thing!!! And I was on Day 11, not 1. You scared me there for a while, thinking you knew something I didn't AND I was worried you were going to jinx me. BUT!! I'm OK. :lol:

Photogirl, great to have you back and yes, you can do it again with the chocolate monster. Oh God, you've got me thinking of choclate now!! :yikes: :nono: Good luck!!

M.N.J., :bravo: on 17. Yes, you are in the stretch and coming home strong!!

Morticia, A big hand to you :cp: for getting through Day 5. Good for you!! By the way, what does your signature mean?

redballoon
11-05-2003, 12:41 AM
Well, I'm halfway Day 13 here and going strong. Crunches are DONE! And there's no way I'm going to have sugar, bread, pasta or crackers today. :dancer: But I won't call it a success till dawn tomorrow!
How's everyone doing?

Marti
11-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Eighteen down!!

Breakfast was a terrible choice though... chocolate milk and a doughnut. (school food)

But breakfast down, and tons and tons of water. I'm not sure why I feel I need so much water now. I just want it all the time. I hope that doesn't mean anything bad.

Anyway.. off to bed for me.

Marti

michireiko
11-05-2003, 01:28 AM
RB - Good job! I'm sure day 13 is a success :)

Morticia - congrats on day 5! Almost a week!

MNJ - I guess a chocolate milk and a donut is better than nothing! It's not the things we eat occassionally that hurt is. It's when it becomes an all the time thing... And the water will flush it out anyway! I'm not sure if it's a bad thing, but I've heard that people have died from drinking too much water. I wonder how much TOO MUCH is...

Day 7 was a success, but it almost wasn't. I've been sooooooooooo depressed about so much lately. I'm going job hunting again tomorrow, so hopefully that will lift my spirits a little!

redballoon
11-05-2003, 03:44 PM
Hello all! Yes, Day 13 was a success. No sugar or bread. It's 14 here now, early in the morning. Only 1 week to go!!

michi, :bravo: to you on the first week down. You come here and moan about things any time you like. I KNOW how it feels to be down about things. That's where I am too right now. But you're out there job hunting and that's impressive! I wish you the best of luck!

M.N.J., congrats on Day 18 in the bag!! :cp: hmm, yes, well maybe not the best food choices there but it's the thought that counts at this point. Effort then polishing that effort. That's the way to success. Keep it up. No, don't worry about drinking water. You're not going to drink too much.

michireiko
11-05-2003, 07:06 PM
:screams: Today was sooooo great!!!!!!!!!!! The job hunting thing was hilarious! I'll explain more after Pilates!

MorticiaAddams
11-05-2003, 09:17 PM
Doing Great

Found out im not pregnant... :dizzy:

And still working it..

Got to get to bed..

Night all and keep on moving. :dizzy: :D

redballoon
11-05-2003, 09:55 PM
michi, I'm dying to hear what happened! Give me something to laugh at, please!! :p

Morticia, good for you on sticking with it! Not pregnant, huh? I take it the happy face means you're glad things turned out as they did. ? . ? or not.

Congrats on Day 6. :cp:

Marti
11-05-2003, 11:37 PM
Nineteen--

Wow.. am I already that close to the 21 days? It doesn't seem like it. I had yogurt this morning. Much better than that doughnut yesterday. Plus, I walked for an hour at the mall waiting for the oil change in the truck. Been a good day. Water is all down too!!

Mallory--Don't leave us in suspence!! What happened?? I'm glad to see things going great for you!!!

Morticia--Good to see you're still working it!

Red--How hard was it for you to not eat the breads?? I believe James and I decided to try atkins on Monday. Pasta and bread are my big DOWNFALLS! I'm glad it's working for you. (you're not on any particular plan are you?)

Everyone else--Hello to you and keep up the good work!!

Marti

michireiko
11-05-2003, 11:48 PM
Did my Pilates! Day 8 success! I can feel places on me that aren't as fat now, and I'm looking forward to my next measuring!

Story time!

I was on my way to job hunt and I checked my mail. I skimmed the help wanted area, and couldn't believe my eyes: Part Time Office Assistant - mostly typing and filing 3-4 days per week.

Hey, it's better than nothing! I called the number.

Guy: Hello?
Me: Hi, I saw in the paper that you're looking for a part time office assistant,
Guy: Yes I am!
Me: Well, that's what I went to school for!
Guy: Excellent! Well, I've got my own law firm... My name is Mark Weaver.
Me: Hey! You're my landlord!
Guy: Really? Who am I speaking with?
Me: Mallory Lanham

Funny stuff! I have an interview with him tomorrow at 1:30. I'm on my way to the Rolla Police station to put in an application. Wish me luck!!

Congrats on your successes everyone! I hope successes is really a word!

redballoon
11-06-2003, 12:41 AM
Hello all, I'm halfway through Day 14 I guess it is. Crunches have been crunched! :dancer:

M.N.J., good going on the yogurt for breakfast. Definitely a better choice, :yes: About the bread and pasta, it hasn't been hard for me per se. It's more just that sometimes I catch myself about to eat something just out of habit or, because this is the first time I've done this challenge, I almost forget not to eat some bread. So I wouldn't say it was that hard. BUT, you talk about Atkins and I know I could never do that, nor would I want to. I see great results even eating carbs but I had wanted to stay away from processed foods, you know, the high-glycemic things. I eat a lot of brown rice and I'll eat buckwheat noodles, which are as easier to find than hamburgers over here. Since I'm vegetarian I couldn't go on Atkins anyhow. If you really enjoy your pasta and bread I wouldn't advise it. Not meaning to try to thwart you from a plan but it would be very hard and for what? I know you can see results if you cut back on the bread and pasta or keep it to whole grains and whole wheat flours, but you do have to cut back. I'm concentrating now on eating more protein, but it's still not much. Carbs are still my mainstay, but from vegetables and I eat no sugar. I suppose it's a very strict plan (just my own though) but I'm very health conscious so I never see it as being deprived. I see it as a choice and I am always getting compliments on my skin and hair and I'm over 40. Do you remember the McDougall eating plan. That is an excellent plan I think, very healthy, totally vegan I think but you could add lean proteins and I think it would still do wonders.

Oh, michi, that is funny and great-sounding news for you! Your landlord should not have any worry about what kind of person you are (I hope :lol: ) and that is an enormous plus over someone applying whom he doesn't know. I wish you luck in landing a job!

MorticiaAddams
11-06-2003, 08:18 AM
Bout the Preg thing, :o
Yeah I have one son before my marriage to my husband. He wants to have one of his own some day he treats my son just like his own..
I just want to get to my goal weight then we can try. I know to eat better now and exersise. But I would still like to feel what its like to be at that weight and live a better life by doing things going places. And its a bit harder with less money and another little one around.
I can accept those challenges if I did get pregnant its just that I have other goals and right now another child is not in them.

friendsforfitness
11-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Well, I'm back. I am starting small, but with something important to me. I have been a huge salt user for as long as I can remember. High blood pressure runs in my family. I have never had a problem with it. So I have never worried about it. Then for some odd reason it popped into my head this morning. High blood pressure thoughts just shoved their way into my brain. I went on to think that I won't just have a problem with it, I will HAVE it.(high blood pressure) It would seem to me that once you have it and are on meds, it will be much harder to get it under control, so then I asked myself, "Why are trying to do things the hard way??" It's like watching what you eat. If I had always ate healthy and watched what I ate I would have never had a weight problem. Now that I do it is much harder for me to eat healthy and lose weight due to all the bad habits I have developed over the years. So why am I going to wait to have high blood pressure before I bother to do anything about it????? I'm not going to that's why. My first step to avoid it will be this challenge. I am challenging myself to 21 days of not adding salt to anything that goes in my mouth. Eventually I will challenge myself to having only low salt foods too, but this is just my first step for now. So far today has been successful and tonight will be a toughy, because we are having fish for dinner and I love lots of added salt on it, but I know I can do it. This may seem small and not really a weight loss challenge, but it is definitely something I need to get under control.

Lisa
PS It's great to see that so many of you are still here too! :)

michireiko
11-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Welcome back Lisa! Congrats on sailing through day 14, RB!

Okay, the interview didn't go good.

IT WENT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He said I type faster than anyone else he's interviewed, he loves that I live RIGHT down the street, and he was VERY impressed with the fact that I brought a resumé! He said he will think about it tonight. I hope I get it!!!!!!!!!

And... We're getting a new stove!!!!

MorticiaAddams
11-06-2003, 05:50 PM
Good Luck and hope you get that job michireiko http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/Clapping.gif

Everything still looking good from this end.
Darn weather getting colder.. Means my fingers are going to crack.and bleed. http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/Cold.gif http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/BangHead.gif

Marti
11-06-2003, 06:48 PM
Hello everyone--

Welcome back Lisa! I think your challenge is a very good challenge and what a challenge it will be! A few years ago I had to cut down on my salt intake (among other things) Dr's orders! (because I had HB and was on Meds. for it) Well I did very well, better that I thought, I just used salt subsitute like Mrs. Dash and experienced with different spices. And even to this day, if there is extra salt... I can detect it. I remember my first ham after months of cutting down on salt.... boy oh boy... I didn't eat much!! So I wish you the best of luck and I know you can do it!!! I think it's an excellent challenge.

Mallory--Fantastic on the Job Interview!! I'm glad it went to so well!! It probably made him more comfortable knowing who you are too!! I'll cross my fingers that you'll get the job!!

Morticia--Cold weather here too. I've been bundling up in sweaters and turtlenecks!! And my hands are getting dry!! Bizarre isn't it?? Well, grab yourself a warm cup of hot chocolate and go snuggle with your sweetie!!! That's my plan... only if he was here......

Red--I decided to try atkins just to see how I feel and if it will be what works. I thought about "how can I give up things I love?" Then I thought of my grandmother... she has something (I'm not even sure how to pronounce it rather than spell it!!) where she has pocket in her intestines, and if she eats anything with seeds,,(tomotoes, strawberries,popcorn) or nuts,,, she's in extreme pain. So she gave those up. I mean, she could pick off all those seeds... but why? And I figured, if my grandmother can give up things she loves..(her favorite being popcorn!) then I can too. Even if I end up not staying on the program (if it makes me feel ill, I will not stick with it!) at least I've tried. Does all that make sense? Anyway,,, I'm going to try this. I may even just stick with low carb if I don't like how that's going. I just felt I needed to try and w/James doing it along with me, that helps too.

Whew!! I'm I long winded or what???:lol:

Oh,,, I almost forgot. Breakfast down today. I had some yogurt. Not my favorite thing for breakfast, but it worked. And the water is down already and it's not even 4:00p.m. yet!! You all take care

Marti

friendsforfitness
11-06-2003, 09:08 PM
Thanks Mallory & MNJ! It's good to see ya's! Well, I'm about to hit the hay so day 1 was a success.

Congrats to everyone on their successes!!

Lisa

redballoon
11-06-2003, 09:16 PM
I'm on Day 15 here and the crunches have been done. Day 14 was a total success. I'm getting into a groove here. Though tonight I'm going to eat Indian and I always get that delicious bread 'nan' but tonight I'll order rice. Hurrah! Thinking it through in advance. :cp: to me!!

Morticia, I'm glad things worked out the way you wanted them to. Please tell me what your signature means. I just noticed your stats. That is fantastic! You have lost so much weight! Awesome. I hope you're really proud of yourself. :bravo:

friends, welcome back!! :wave: I'd been wondering what happened to you and I just wanted to say that I love your photo. Good for you for meeting things headon and tackling the salt. I don't cook with any salt but I will put a bit on afterward. There is so much hidden salt in foods. Once your palate adjusts you won't believe it. When I was back in the States recently I couldn't eat a lot of the food, especially soups, because they were too salty. I'd like to suggest you be careful about the prepared foods and not worry so much about what you prepare yourself. There a little bit of salt later can make the difference between eating healthfully or not (at least for me it does.) Well, good luck!! And congratulations on the weight loss! Goal met! Fantastic! :cp: And congrats on Day 1 down! :dance:

michireiko, I'm so glad to hear about your job interview. You'll get it. You have to.

M.N.J., good luck on Atkins. That's quite a way of looking at it. I know you can do it. I know what your grandmother has. It's called diverticulitis I believe.The best thing for that is to cut out meat and get more fiber, well, over the long run. My mother used to have it.

michireiko
11-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Got Pilates down! It's starting to get extremely simple. Some things are still a challenge, though.

MNJ - Last night, I went to my moms and noticed she's lost some weight. She told me she's been doing Atkins, and she said for only a week. She looks pretty good. I did Atkins for 17 days before my wedding and lost 15 lbs (to fit into my dress). I'm gonna do Atkins for my next challenge! My friend Laura might be joining us here!

RB - Congrats on day 14! Good thinking ahead! Not too much longer and you can eat some bread :)

Lisa - Good job on day one!

And thanks everyone for the support about the job. I'm sure to get it! There's no way he won't hire me! He even said I was the fastest typer of all the girls he had interviewed!

I'm off to bed, so goodnight everyone!

HAHAHAHAH I just noticed... The alt text is messed up! Run your cursor over the subject icon. The happy face says 'Angry'. Hahahahah!

friendsforfitness
11-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Thanks Mallory. I just wanted to let ya's know that I have dopne great so far with the no salt thing today. I won't be able to check in later or tomorrow until late, I'll be out of town w/ DD for a compettiotn drill meet. I'm chaperone. Wish her luck.

Lisa
ps I'll let you know how today and tomorrow turns out once I get back home.

Marti
11-07-2003, 07:03 PM
What do you know?! :cp: :cb: :dance: Third challenge finished!! :cp: :cb: :dance: Day 21 everybody!!:cp: :cb: :dance: It sure doesn't feel like I've already succeeded the 21day challenge three times!! Boy, where does the time go???

Well, I'm pretty happy with myself I must say. And I know I will continue with eating breakfast,,, even when I forget the time, I manage to get something in... I start feeling guilty if I don't. Maybe my next challenge should be to choose "healthy" foods ALL the time and no junk!! ...... I'll figure something out. I'll let you know soon.

Lisa... good work on getting the challenge started. You will notice soon how easy it really is once you cut down on the salt. And let me tell you from experience,,, it really did help bring my BP down... I am no longer taking medication. That was two years ago almost, and the BP is still good!!

Mallory.... I'm sure you got the job!! Why would he pass that up?? You're doing so great on all your workouts. You're going to look "smashing dahling" during the holidays!! Have you already picked out a little black dress???

Red....yep, that's what my grandmother has.... and unfortunately, she is battlling cancer right now, 3rd time,,,, she's had it all.. poor thing. Very strong woman. She's 82 and still hanging in there!!

Ok... to everyone else I've missed. Keep up the good work I know you can do it.

I will post as soon as I figure out what my next challenge will be,,, I won't let too much time go by!

Take Care
Marti :wave: :cb: :D :encore: :encore: :sunny: :cheers: ( I'm still dancing about 21 days done!! )

redballoon
11-07-2003, 08:34 PM
CONGRATULATIONS M.N.J!!! :cp: :cb:
Way to go!! :spin: You've done a THREE-TIME SWEEP of the challenge! AWESOME! :strong: :strong: :strong:

Ah, great stuff, Marti. I'm so proud of you. :love: You just go and rest on your laurels there for a while, ya hear?! :encore:

michireiko
11-08-2003, 02:10 AM
Congrats on another challenge down, MNJ!!!! You should celebrate showing us some pictures!

I didn't hear about the job today. Maybe Monday...

I don't really know what to do. I want go for 30 days but then again I don't... I'm bored with this challenge already. I need to find something to do to spruce it up a bit! Just as long as I get to 21 days, I'm happy. Then after that, I'm gonna do Atkins. My husband is excited about that... He HATES pasta. Weirdo...

Goodnight everyone!

Marti
11-08-2003, 09:32 PM
Thank you everyone for the congrats. It feels good.

Mallory---When are you and hubby starting Atkins? James and I are starting on Monday... Hope it goes well and I like the results.!!

Ok everyone... I'm still thinking of another challenge!! So I'll be back soon. Unless I come to just chat!!

Marti

redballoon
11-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Heh there, everyone. Not much action on this thread. Where are you all?

M.N.J., thanks for stopping in to chat and we'll be looking for your comeback with a new challenge. :D Have you got any ideas what you want to do yet? :chin:

michi, I hope you get that job. It sure looks like a shoo-in but let's keep our fingers crossed! :crossed:

michireiko
11-09-2003, 01:20 AM
Day 11 in the bag! I had a friend to it with me tonight, so that made it more fun :)

MNJ - I'm gonna start Atkins as a challenge on the 28th, which is KINDA funny, because my Pilates challenge ends the 27th, and I didn't realize that until after I had decided to start the 28th. I picked the 28th because I want to shamelessly eat 3 gallons of mashed potatoes on Christmas. I think you'll like the results. It's tough at first (when I was on it, I had diarhea *sp* constantly... I know... too much info) but when the pounds start falling off, it's worth it.

RB - Congrats on day 15! You're almost there!!! I think I'll get the job, but I'm still applying at other places just in case. Thanks for the finger crossing! I can use all the luck I can get!

MorticiaAddams
11-09-2003, 11:50 AM
10 days in and still doing good. Feeling kinda funky headache coming on and stomach getting bloated. http://www.kurts-smilies.de/krank2.gif

Actually feel like staying in bed http://www.kurts-smilies.de/krank4.gif

Oww Yeah redballoon http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/party/balloons.gif

My sig is from the Addams Family Motto
"Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc" (We glady feast on those who would subdue us ) ;)

sprout
11-09-2003, 02:50 PM
Have been wanting to do a 21 day challenge for some time -- need to get some good habits going.

Guess should say who I am:
Name: Marilyn/Sprout
Married with 4 children (2 still at home) and 3 grandchildren
Weight: been overweight now for about 30 years -- need to change this as it has affected my health in major ways - 2nd time around with cancer this past summer

So what is my challenge going to be? There are a number of things I want to work on, but not sure if I can work on them all at once so I am going to break it down to the following:
a) treadmill everyday day from November 9 to November 29 for 30 minutes
b) 5 8 oz glasses of waver everday for this challenge
c) free weights every day of this challenge
d) walking at the rec plex for 30 minutes with hubby when he is home in the morning (we have been doing this now for 2 years)

Wish me luck!

Scuzin
11-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Hello All,
My name is Susan and I'm a college student in Oregon. I saw this thread and immediately started thinking of things I could challenge myself to do. So here'goes...

I challenge myself to do 50 crunches, pushups and squats everyday for the next 21.

Good luck to you all in your challenges.

friendsforfitness
11-09-2003, 05:33 PM
WHOOO HOOO!! Congrats on the challenge success MNJ!! You are awesome!! I HAVE HAD A SUCCESSFUL COUPLE OF DAYS TOO!
I have to find out exactly what day I'm on, but later. I was tempted to add salt to my fish, but I didn't. I remembered this challenge. I'm so tired from the drill meet. Her platoon only brought home 1 trophy and it was for 5th place. :( bummer. It was lots of fun tho. My gums hurt where tooth was pulled out and I'm tired so that's it for now. Good luck on the job Mallory and welcome scuzin and sprout!
Check tomorrow,
Lisa

redballoon
11-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Heh there, all, I'm onto Day 17 here. Just a few more days to go. I'm really doing well, having cut out not only sugar but also bread. And the crunches are just TOO easy to do. Hurrah for me!!

Morticia, :bravo: to you on a clear run to 10!! Hope you feel better. I never knew that was the Addams Family motto. Pretty cool and it has deep meaning if you look at it in the sense that "we feast on" could also mean we buy into or we allow "those who would subdue us" to take control instead of taking the reins in our own hands. Definite food for thought there.

Hi sprout! :wave: Glad you found us over here. We've had challenges going for a long time now. I'm on about my fourth or fifth I think. You sure have taken on a major challenge there. I hope it's not too much. I'm a bit concerned about the free weights every day part. You know you do need to rest your body too or risk overwork and burnout. The 21-day challenge is a lot harder than it looks at first glance. I did an arm/shoulder routine once on the 21 day and it was not good and I train a lot! May I suggest you take part in our weekly challenge as well for some things so you can be sure to keep going. I use this challenge for things I can definitely do everyday and the weekly for looking at things for the entire week and, say, doing something 3-4x a week. Well, I don't mean to discourage you but I have weight trained for years and I do know about overtraining. I used to do it all the time! Good luck! :cb:

Scuzin, a big welcome to you too! :wave: You've got a big challenge going as well. But this is something I think you could do just fine if you're only using bodyweight. Power on! :dancer:

Hi friends, congrats to you on the fish save! That is one hard challenge!

Marti
11-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Hello everyone!!

A big welcome to Susan and Marilyn!:wave: I hope you find this challenge thread to be of help!!

Ok.. I decided that I needed to get my next challenge started. I didn't want too many days in between or else I would get out of habit and start slacking. I want to stay on top rather than slide all the way to the bottom!!

I had thought about doing some sort of excercise but my body is just not used to working out everyday.. so I will keep that for the weekly challenge. So instead, I am going to do something that has to do with eating. I realize that I will be limiting myself from much more, but the desserty foods are my personal problem.

I decided to stay away from all sweets. Such as cake, pie, candy, ice-cream and cookies! :cry: Since I am starting Atkins tomorrow, I figured doing this will only help me succeed in sticking with it the Atkins way of eating.

I felt that I needed more self-discipline when it comes to eating. I can do ok with the portion control (most of the time) but the sweets can really get out of hand!:nono: In the past I have done so well, and I was feeling so good. Especially when I had co-workers telling me that I inpired them to do something. I find it amazing how something that happens in your life can change all that. (Me and my sweetie losing our jobs) I never thought that would ever have an affect on me but it did. And now I am more than determined to get right back to where I was before the company closed. And to TRY my darnest, to never let it happen again. I will turn to something else for comfort rather than food.

Ok... I sure went into a long speel about it all... sorry about that!!

Tomorrow will officially be day one!!

You all take care
Marti

michireiko
11-10-2003, 01:52 AM
Welcome new comers!!!! I love seeing new faces, because I love reading lots of posts when I sign on.

RB - Congrats on day 17! ALMOST THERE!!!!!!!!!!

MNJ - You hopped on quick! I can't wait to read about your results from Atkins because it's my next challenge :)

Day 12 complete! Off to shower!

MorticiaAddams
11-10-2003, 04:05 AM
If you ever seen the Simpsons Where hes saying " Im am evil Homer, I am evil Homer".
Im saying "I lost another pound , I lost another pound"
WHOO HOO http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/Gif/homjump.gif
Got some more to go before Christmas and still keeping up my challenge http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/traffic.gif

Well its off to work I go http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/funmeter1.gif
Take Care and everyone keep going !!!! ;)

Marti
11-10-2003, 10:37 PM
First day!!

Boy,,, I was sooooo wanting some of the leftover candy we have here. But I resisted!! I stayed OP. That's a change! I'm so not used to eating so much protien. But it's gotta be good.

Morticia-- congrats on losing another pound!! :cb: :cp: You're doing so well on losing the weight! I just noticed your starting weight!! Fantastic girl!! You will definately reach your goal!

Mallory-- I hope I can give you good news later on during this Atkins!! I sure hope it works for me. I'm not looking forward to some of the icky feelings people get.... I hope I don't have too much of it. How did you do the last time you were on it??

Red--Almost another challenge under the belt!! Do you miss the bread? I was thinking earlier today (and that can be a challenge in itself!) about how much I would miss eating bread... then James asked me why? He said that we hardly ever eat bread so it should be easy. You know something... he's right. I find it interesting what you think you'll miss and what you actually eat. Like the pasta. I love:love: pasta, and only when I make it, which is about once or twice a month, is when I pig:ink: out on it!! I just have to think about what I'm really going to miss... eating... or being thin.:chin:

Lisa--Looks like you're doing great on the salt. Tempting to put it on everything isn't it? Have you tried different spices? Get your taste buds to trying new things. Just remember that your body needs some salt,, at least that's what someone told me. Something to do with getting dehydrated?? That don't sound quite right... someone correct me on that!!

Susan and Marilyn--- how are you girls doing?? Susan--- I just realized you're from Oregon too!! I'm noticing more and more Oregonians! For awhile there, I didn't see any at all! I felt alone. (nah.. not really,all the wonderful ladies on this site are great!!)

Ok... Hi to anyone else I may have missed. Good luck to you all!!
Take Care
Marti

sprout
11-11-2003, 12:25 AM
Things have just gone as I would have like them to. Intentions were honorable but!!!

Brother in law (age 48) passed away late last night. They live 12 - 13 hours away -- and where we are in Canada it means a long car ride in bad winter conditions!!. He died from a reoccurance of cancer. Was in terrible pain. Left behind three grown children, 4 grandchildren, a new wife of 2 years who is expecting their first child at the end of this month -- sadly he will never met this child this side of heaven, and the child will never personally know his father. As I am dealing myself with the reoccurance of cancer - my 2nd time around, his death has really hit home hard. Besides that he was the nicest man -- a man you you want your daughter to marry.

Anyway it has thrown off my challenge -- my mind just isn't there today. And then these headaches are something else along with the shoulder bones hurting so bad. Go to doctor Wednesday morning -- am praying very very hard that it is not the return of cancer in that area of the body. Always a concern when you have had cancer and a different problem arises.

Anyway am still going to strive to do a challenge. So here is an amended new one for the next 21 days:
a) my walk with hubby, which is now a good habit -- want to have 25 miles put in by the end of the 21 days.
b) 5 8 oz glasses of water daily
c) 4 pounds lost

So here goes -- it is now 10:30 pm here, so this challenge will start tomorrow Tuesday November 11 --

redballoon
11-11-2003, 12:29 AM
Hello everyone. I'm on Day 19 here and the crunches have been done. Just the rest of today and two more and that'll be it! :cb:

M.N.J., Good luck on your new challenge and for doing something to help support your new Atkins program. That's smart thinking. I don't miss the bread really. I mean, I guess if someone was putting some in front of me all the time I might and I would miss pasta more but I just think, heck, I do it for 21 days. Like you said, I don't have to eat that much and often don't. The challenge just makes me aware of not eating it and it always stops me from bingeing on it as I sometimes do, especially bagels and butter! I was getting into a bad habit of eating a couple bagels. Luckily the good ones are very expensive over here so that habit wasn't easy to break, though I probably wouldn't have stopped it if it hadn't been for this challenge.

You know, what I really like about this challenge is that it shows you things you CAN do. I think it starts opening your eyes to possibilities about yourself and that starts expanding into other areas of your life. It's a really powerful thing.

Well, good luck on your challenge. Oh, about the salt thing. It's not that you need salt because you get dehydrated, it's that a lot of sweating upsets the sodium/potassium balance in your body and that's why they say to have salt. You can get the sodium from natural sources though.

Morticia, congrats on the weight loss!! :dance: Hurrah for you and hurrah for keeping up your challenge. What day are you on?

michireiko, :bravo: to you on Day 12. You're really moving right along there now. Great momentum. Any feedback on the job situation?

redballoon
11-11-2003, 12:38 AM
Oh, sprout, you must have been posting when I was writing. I saw your post and wanted to quickly reply.

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. It is such sad news, the baby on the way as well. Was this your sister's husband?

And I'm also saddened to hear of your battle. Your resolve to keep on with this challenge is awe-inspiring, to put it mildly. I wish you all the best. You are so right and so brave to push on. We must live now because we are never sure about tomorrow. You are doing that. You are really something.

I will be thinking about you and I am sure everyone here is feeling your loss. Keep your chin up, OK? Our prayers are with you. :grouphug:

Scuzin
11-11-2003, 12:48 AM
Woooooo
I almost forgot about the challenge today! But I just got in my squats/pushups/crunches for the day. So that makes this 3 days in a row.

Sprout: My sincere condolences and best wishes

michireiko
11-11-2003, 12:50 AM
Today was wild. I was in a bad mood for most of the day, but I didn't let that stop me from getting my Pilates done, so day 13 was a success.

Sprout - Don't worry, things will be okay. Once things settle down, you'll be right back on track.

RB - No feedback on the job. I don't think I got it. It seems like I should have known by now. If I don't hear by tomorrow, I know I won't get the job because he said he works on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I just gotta keep on lookin'. Congrats on day 19! ALMOST! How many challenges is this for you?

MNJ - When I did Atkins, it went REALLY well for me. I lost weight instantly. I hated it because I LOVE pasta, and I did cheat a few times - like when we got our new carpet, we celebrated by eating spaghetti. That was the only time I cheated, though. I was on it for 2 weeks and had lost about 15 lbs. It was just so I could fit into my wedding dress. As soon as the wedding was over, I was chowing down on pasta again. I didn't gain any of the weight back, though. Here is something QUITE interesting - http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/2213370

Morticia - Congrats on losing a pound! What day are you on of your challenge?

Scuzin - Congrats on day 3!

MorticiaAddams
11-11-2003, 04:05 AM
Sprout Im very sorry on your loss. Prayers are with you and your family.

Day 13 here and doing good. Got the female thing starting and im bloated and all that other fun stuff. :dizzy:

Pressing on and getting it done. :^:

Take Care all and keep up the great work.

friendsforfitness
11-11-2003, 01:04 PM
Sprout- I just wanted to say that my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Today is day 5 and yesterday was a success. I'm starting to realize HOW MUCH I ADDED SALT TO ALMOST EVERYTHING! Hubby made homemade vegetable beef soup and we had it for dinner. I picked up the salt without even tasting it, then I remembered my challenge and put it back down. So far so good for today too.

Lisa

Scuzin
11-11-2003, 06:58 PM
Well, I've completed day 4! I'm slightly worried about pushups tomorrow because I gave blood today and I'm hoping where I was stuck is healed well so it can take some pressure.
Good luck to all on their challenges!

Marti
11-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Day two was good. I soo thought about eating something sweet. It just sounded good! So when do those cravings stop?? Hopefully soon.

Sprout--I am so sorry about your BIL! I will be praying for his family. And you too!! You are strong to be doing these challenges! We are here for you if you need us!! I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Scuzin--Good job on day four!! I can only do excercises every other day or so. 21 days in a row is a great challenge! It would definatley be for me!

Mallory--I will check out that site as soon as I'm done posting! I hope you've had a better day today!! I think it's great that you were able to continue with your challenge even w/being in a bad mood.

Morticia--Already at the half point!! Way to go!! You keep on pressin' on girl!

Lisa-- Good catch on the salt! I used to think that EVERYTHING needed salt!! And now I've found a new world of spices, my favorite being "montreal chicken seasoning" I love putting that one when I grill my chicken on the George Foreman.

Red--You totally know what I'm thinking!! When you're no longer "allowed" to have something.. then we just tend to be selfish and think "why not?!" I should be able to have what ever it is that I want. Sadly... that is not true. If it were in moderation that is one thing but most of us can't stop at just a little...... at least for me that's true. Thanks for clearing me up on the salt thing.

Well everyone keep up the good work!!

Marti

michireiko
11-12-2003, 02:11 AM
Day 14 success. Almost half way there! My measurements were basically the same for this week. Blah.

MNJ - The cravings for pasta and chocolate NEVER stopped for me. I didn't want to be on it at the time, either. I was forced on it because I needed to fit into my dress. I'm sure you'll be okay.

Scuzin - Congrats on day 4!

Lisa - Good job on the salt save! My hubby loves salt, and I'm the exact opposite. I have never ever added salt to anything. Congrats on day 4 and 5!

Morticia - Good job on day 13 and 14! Another week to go!

friendsforfitness
11-12-2003, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone!

I have my days screwed up. Yesterday was day 6 and to day is day 7, so far no problem.

Have a great day!
Lisa

Marti
11-12-2003, 09:25 PM
Hello everyone!:wave:

Day three over.... well pretty much... I don't see myself eating any sweets although I was complaining about it today w/James telling him that this Atkins is harder than I thought.

Red--give me words of wisdom would you? You always know what to say. I know what I wrote earlier about things you don't eat much so it shouldn't be a problem... but it's becoming a problem. I'm whiney because I can't have a bowl of cereal... or a sandwhich or a cup of coffee w/sugar & cream.. and ... ok you get what I'm saying. Maybe I'm just in a grouchy stage of this... I don't know!:dunno:

Oh well,,, I just had to vent a little. Been doing real well just not liking it. (and we're supposed to at least enjoy ourselves when we're doing something right???)

Ok... day three.....done.

marti

Scuzin
11-12-2003, 11:27 PM
ahh...day 5 complete!

Congrats michireiko on being over half done!

MNJ if this is a diet you really want to stick with I think you'll find an equalibrium, but there's always that nasty bitter phase isn't there?

Good Luck everyone!

redballoon
11-13-2003, 12:22 AM
This is it, the last day. I'm not through yet so don't congratulate me. I'm SO busy it's not funny. Must get in there and do the crunches. No time for the gym today. I will try to post more later. MNJ, hang in there! Try to eat some sweet fruit (if it's allowed) or chew some sugarless gum. That's how I got past the initial days. I don't know though, you're doing Atkins too and I'm not familiar with that.

michireiko
11-13-2003, 06:06 AM
I still haven't heard about that job. I don't think I'll be getting it. Tomorrow, I'm sending a cover letter and resume to an office 60 miles from here. Day 15 = success. I've decided to just go to day 21 and leave it at that, and then take a break and start the Atkins. I don't know if I'll do that. I'm so... Blah!:dizzy:

Scuzin - Congrats on day 5. I'm not over half done if I'm gonna go for 30 days, but I'm still undecided.

MNJ - Congrats on day three! RB has a good idea... Maybe just some sugar free candy is what you need. Carbless... mmmm

redballoon
11-14-2003, 07:06 AM
Hello, Just wanted to say that I successfully completed my challenge!! :cp:

Hurrah for me and thanks for all your support!! I couldn't have done it without you. :grouphug:

Everyone, congrats on your continued success. I'll be checking in again soon.

michireiko
11-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Congrats RedBalloon! So what do you have in mind for the next challenge? :)

MNJ - I had to tell you... My mom's friend has been on Atkins for 6 weeks and has lost 40 lbs. Isn't that amazing? He's a guy, so his metabolism is faster, but still, that's awesome!

Day 16 & 17 done. I'm only gonna go until 21 and then wait until the 28th or 30th to start Atkins. That will be my next challenge.

Talk to everyone later!

Scuzin
11-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Congrats Red!!!!!

as for me...well shoot...I did part of my challenge then forgot about the rest till this morning because I put it off...so I guess I'm back at day 1.

friendsforfitness
11-14-2003, 12:42 PM
WHOOOOO-HOOOO RED!!!! Congratulations!! :bravo:

Day 9 is fine! And day 8 was great no added salt to date!

Good luck everyone,
Lisa

michireiko
11-14-2003, 03:32 PM
Congrats on day nine Lisa!!

Guess what, all!

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to Great Clips and they hired me on the spot to be their receptionist!

friendsforfitness
11-14-2003, 05:26 PM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

WHHHOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOO! Good for you!!!!

:cb: :cb: :cb:

Scuzin
11-15-2003, 12:16 AM
OK! Day 1 complete!....again, but you gotta start from somewhere even if you are starting over. I also lost a pound this week!

Congrats on the job, michireiko!!!!!!! That's wonderful.

Conrats to RED!!!! WOOT

redballoon
11-15-2003, 03:01 AM
Hello! I'm between challenges. Am leaving for the States for a week on Wednesday so I think I'll stay between challenges until I get back. I will continue to do what I was doing though as much as possible. For the past two days I continued even though the challenge was over. Good habits to get into, I figure.

Scuzin, :bravo: to you on a new start and a successful day 1. You see, you're never a loser, but the weight is coming off. Way to go!! :cb:

friends, good for you on Day 9. :cloud9: That's amazing that you're staying away from salt!

michi, congrats on the new job!! That's great news! And a hand for staying on your challenge. :cp: You're almost there. michi is kicking A!!

Scuzin
11-16-2003, 01:23 AM
Ok....day 2 done!!!!
Ate absolutely terribly today but WILL do better this week

redballoon
11-16-2003, 04:26 AM
Good for you Scuzin! :cp: Keep it up. You CAN do it!! :dancer:

MorticiaAddams
11-16-2003, 09:35 AM
michireiko http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/Clapping.gif CONGRATS On the new job http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/Jammin.gif

I havent been drinking enough water and skipped my exersises a couple days.http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/Chair.gif Throwing out excuses to myself. But I have been eating properly and have not givien in to the pizza callings . So I will begin again, and throw out some challenges to myself again that I will achieve. http://rockbottomdlux.freewebspace.com/smilies/Contract.gif

Alya
02-03-2004, 06:09 AM
New here and wanted to give this challenge a go.

1. Drink at least 3 bottles of water a day
2. Eat no more than 1200 calories each day
3. Do at least 10 minutes of toning each day

So tomorrow shall be day one. :dizzy:

redballoon
02-03-2004, 06:20 AM
Alya, this is the old thread. Go to the new one and join us there. Here's the link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34729&page=2
See you there! :wave:

scoob
02-03-2004, 02:45 PM
Hi There,
What a great idea! My goal for the challenge will be to drink 64 ounces of water daily. There seems to be such hoopla about drinking water that I thought I would give it a try. I have a question about water intake per day. Do I have to drink 64 ounces of water or do other liquids (soup,juice) count as well?

MsCoconut
02-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Hey everybody. This is a great idea :)
For the next 21 days I will eat no candy... And I will attempt to lose 7 pounds. 5 pounds minimum. Hopefully I'll succeed...
Good luck to you all with your challenges!

sprout
02-03-2004, 04:04 PM
Haven't posted here in awhile. But I am ready to do a 21 day challenge.

I have made some changes in January that have helped me towards my permanent life changes. Now that it is a new month, need to make a few more changes.

So here is what I will be working on for the next month - February:

a) Bread and potatoes: bread to be reduced to total of 8 slices for the remaining of February. Potatoes will be allowed 2 times in February

b) No peanut butter or jam at all

c) My walking - I will get in 25 miles this month

d) Curvers = 15 times this month

Am looking for good changes this month

redballoon
02-03-2004, 05:51 PM
STOP!!!! Don't post here!!

Everybody, this is the old thread. Go to the new one and join us there. Here's the link:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=511154

See you there! :wave: