Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers#176

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers#176

sami
10-22-2003, 09:35 PM
If you are looking for a great group to join that will be here for you in prayer through all the good and hard times we experience while going through this journey in Life then this is where you need to be. Everyone is welcome to join!

sami
10-22-2003, 09:58 PM
Hello Just a quick post to let you know I made it through another day!!!!! I will add up the cal later but I know I made it! I did some more healthy shopping and I found sugar free fudge bars for snack tonight that is only 45 cals! I bought some sugar free and fat free pudding (you can't buy it premade you have to make it with skin milk) Tonight we are having a cajun chicken salad my husband makes the best!

Sue-I am so glad you had a good day I know just what you mean about time flying by. When I went to the Dr a couple weeks ago I saw they had my age wrote real large at the top of the paper. It was a shock to see it in writing! When I got to the car I called my husband and ask him if I was really that old LOL! (it is hard to remember when you have stayed 25 for so long!)

SunnyD-I am so glad your Mom is doing OK. Your Dad should have called you or your Brother should have. (it sounds like your brother is like you dad LOL) I hope you feel better after talking to your Mom. And we are always here for you. I found that we were hit with a virus so I had to make sure it was gone before I tried to sent the pictures again. So thurs I will try again.

Ez-I love the pictures! You make me want a digital camera so bad! I took a ton of picture at this wedding I went to last friday and was so unhappy with the color of some of them If I had a digital I would have seen how they would have come out before printing!

Wilma-I said a prayer for you to have an OP day. I know I am weak so I have been spliting up my food to eat about every few hrs. Like I had breadfast then a snack then half of my sandwich then a snack then the other half of my sandwich then a snack then dinner then a snack then bed! And in between I drink water.

Judy,Mitchy,Sherry and all others I hope you had a good day!

Prayers,
Sami

EZMONEY
10-22-2003, 11:07 PM
HELLO GALS :wave:

I am watching the World Series, well, I am listening to it, our computer is in the kitchen nook area and I can hear the TV in the living room. I will get back to it later of course.

Went to my nephews class at school last night, his class is going to Washington D.C. for 3 days and New York City for 2 days in April-- we had to discuss fundraising activities etc. to keep the cost down. It is $1,500.00, last year they fund raised about $500.00 each so if we do that again it sure will help. My son was planning on going as a chaperone and because the trip would really help him with teaching history-- however this week his transmission went out on his car so it took $2,000.00 for that, pretty much all he had in savings. He said there is no way now he can get the $1,700.00 (chaperone/adult price). He does have vacation money stashed away but that is for his yearly trip in Janruary he takes with his buddies to Hawaii-- they already have reservations etc. He talked about taking some money out of his stock investments but I don't think he will-- I am not so sure I want him to anyway.
My daughter had a tennis match today but I couldn't get off work-- since I have had so many days off lately-- still haven't heard how she did.
Nephew doing good this week although he volunteered us for snacks for his volleyball game-- no problem except we have a grocery strike here and I have to cross the picket line-- he thinks it's fun:devil:

SAMI-- I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo PROUD of you girl!! What a great way to start your new life!! Don't worry about the wimpy weights just take them 1 at a time! Great job on the calories and the water-- REMEMBER-- CALORIES IN-- CALORIES OUT is the way to lose-- if you eat less than you take in you will lose-- the more exercise the better! You can do this!!!!!

ANGEL-- When I saw the list of grandkids and parents you sent it reminded me of a story. My neighbor, she passed away this last summer at 92, had over 75 grand-great-great great grandkids-- a couple of years ago I asked her " Alice, how in the heck do you remeber all their names?" I thought she would say she didn't-- she told me very matter of fact " With the computer" I thought that was so cool-- 90 years old and knowing how to use the computer and at the time I didn't even know how to turn ours on.

JUDY How was the hunting:lol: Hope your DH had a great 50th!!

MICHELE- Sorry you had to see that deer-- that also reminded me of a story my friend from Bend told me this summer-- his wife dropped him off for a camping trip, she was supposed to take the long way home- it was safer- she didn't and ended up in the middle of nowhere-- she hit a deer-- well, someone heard the crash, the deer was pinned under the car, anyhow after several minutes about 6 men showed up- she was so happy to see them although a little concerned since she was out in the sticks alone and it was dark. They asked her if she was OK, which she was, and then spent the next half hour over the deer-- she said they were more concerned about the deer than her... it wasn't funny then but it was in their story.

BIRTHDAYdoitformeSUE Hope you had a great day!! If you think time flies at 41 wait until you are almost 50-- right ladies? I agree with you on the partial birth abortions-- so many women and men sad later on when they realize what has happened-- thank our Good Lord for His mercy.

SUNNYD- I am glad your mom is OK. Sorry about the trouble with the information. My son always gets mad if I go out of town and don't check in on a regular basis-- he hates to talk on the phone but if Angie and I don't call and report in he will call the hotel and locate us-- this is very unusual for him. HOWEVER- when he goes away for vacation or a cross-country camp you'd think he HAD NO PARENTS!!! He is the only young person I know that doesn't want a cell phone. Now if only I could pry them out of his sister's hands...... I could save about $40 a month:lol:

WILMA-- You have the right idea-- just keep working out! The results will come!! Keep trying to PLAN your meals-- that was a great menu today. Here is the recipe for the scalloped potatoes, it is easy, simple and I really like them-- nothing fancy.

4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons butter
2 cups scalded milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

In a buttered 2 quart baking dish, place a layer of about 1/3 of the potatoes. In a small bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper. Sprinkle about half of the mixture over the potatoes, repeat with another layer of potatoes and flour mixture, top with remaining potatoes. Dot with butter then pour HOT milk over the potatoes. Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle cheese on top. Return to oven and bake un-covered for another 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and potatoes are tender.

Well I am off to watch the rest of the game---

IN HIS CARE-- Gary

wilma12
10-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Just wanted to check in and let you know how my day went. I wore the wrong pair of shoes and my feet were sore all day. I came home and had a TV dinner and watched TV. Now I'm on my way to bed to read for awhile.

Gary: Thankyou for the recipe. I'm definitely going to try it. Your story of the grandmother reminded me of my own grandmother. When my oldest was born she told me that he was her 50th greatgrandchild. My younger son was #75. How she remembered that was beyond me.

Sami: I'm so glad you day went well. Let's keep each other going. One thing I know I need to change is adding more water to my diet. I'm praying for you.

Good Night!

eisenj
10-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Good morning,

~Sami~ I like your idea of spreading your meals out. Wal Mart has a sherbert pop that is real good. It is a rainbow sherbert by Blue Bunny. It has splenda in it. My kids and husband eat them as fast as I do.

~Michele~ We have alot of deer around here and fox. Last year I was bringing my son home from a school activity at night and I saw a deer in the middle of the road. They scare me, because they can do alot of damage to you and the car. When I was little living in PA. on vacation we would go to the pocano mountains. In the evening at dusk we went deer spoting. We would shine lights on the deers so they would freeze. The person who spoted the most deer won. All together we would spot several. Sometimes we would even find bear. We got extra points for finding them. Other nights we would all pile into the car and go to a drive in movie with our pagamas on. I think the last movie we saw was Disney's Flobber. We have a drive in movie in a town near us. I'll have to take the kids just to experience it.

~ SunnyD~ I don't think your dads actions were intentional. My husband is the same way. He just doen't think. He loves you. Its just that personal details aren't important to them. I can understand being hurt though. We all make mistakes.

God bless everyone

sami
10-23-2003, 09:21 AM
Good morning I hope everyone is doing well. I was so happy when I add up my cal for yesterday 955! And I never was hungry and never felt bad (I use to feel light headed that is why I ate bad things to bring up my sugars) One thing I realized last night I made banana pudding with the bananas and wafers. I use skin milk and mini wafers and figured out how many cals in each 1 cup container and it comes to 171! I use to buy this all the time but not sugarfree and not low fat wafers in a lg cup I bet it was over 500 cals. I am starting to see where all the extra cals where in my diet! Please pray for my DH he has a lg lump on his wrist and it is causing him a lot of pain. I called the dr office yesterday because he was up most of the night before. They ask me how long had he had the lump and I told her I just know it has started causing a lot of pain and that he won't tell me when something is wrong because he know I will call the Dr. and I think he is scared of the Dr! Well the nurse said the Dr had no appt. avail but she wanted to talk to the Dr. and call him back! Well they called in about 15 later and told him he had an appt at 8:30 this morning! It kind of worries me that the Dr. Wanted to see him right away.

Wilma-I am praying for you today. I have been writing down everthing and I tell you it keeps me from cheating because the first thing I look at is how many cal! I think the water is a big key also because it helps keep you full.

Ez-I love this jornal I am writing down everthing! At the end of the day I write how my day went like last night I had a rough time with my IBS so this will help me keep better track of maybe trigger foods. After looking over my food I ate last night I think maybe it was the onion on the salad. So today when I have left over salad I wont have onion and see if it makes a diffrence. I will be e-mailing Angie to tell her some of my ideals. I will pray that your son finds away to go on the trip.

Judy-I have never heard of deer spotting. I have been looking at a lot of the ice creams and I found that there are a lot of sugar free in diffrent brands. If you buy WW they cost a lot more!

Got to run!
Praying for all to have an OP day!

wilma12
10-23-2003, 10:10 AM
Sami: Thank you! I'm praying for you too! May we both have an OP day.

doitforme
10-23-2003, 10:34 AM
So happy to hear your mom made out well Sunny! It is so rough when your the person waiting to find out, the other person knows and isn't worried any more, so it isn't as pressing to them, but I would be agitated too!
Congrats Sami sounds like you are sticking to it, great job!
E.Z. - Thanks again for the pictures they were great almost like springtime over again, I agree with the Lord's mercy, and Grace, We don't deserve either.
I am off to bowling then to work, gotta work a double so won't get out till 7:30 tom morning, anyway, will check back in Monday off the weekend going home, see ya all later, have a great weekend, bye

Mitchypoo
10-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone~

I have had a bad back since Sunday and yesterday i went to the chiro, he helped but i was still hurting last night, and this a.m. i didn't make it in to work, but i'm feeling better and going in in a bit. I have some work to do and feel ok. They are all going to lunch with a new guy across the hall today, going to slip in while they are gone.

Sunny~sorry you were so worried about mom and i know the frustration of dad's too. It has something to do w/being men. Sorry Gary, we know YOU aren't like that. but most men are....

I have ministry training tonight. I always get a little nervous about that. We'll be doing prayer ministry, which is something i enjoy, but sometimes i have trouble w/it. I just want to be feeling ok tonight cuz it's from 6-9.

Had a great chat last night w/the widowed guy in IA. He's really a dear man. We're talking of meeting sometime soon. We're both a little nervous about that.

Hope you all have a great day!

Mitchypoo
10-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Where'd you all go? Unusually quiet for the day.

I made it to work at noon and felt ok, went to ministry training tonight but didn't feel so good. Although I did feel i was suppose to be there and felt a lot of concern and caring from people in the group and received some prayer too.

Hope you all have a great evening!

eisenj
10-24-2003, 07:56 AM
I'm goung to share a story I got'

aman from Norfolk,VA calles a local radio station to share this on Sept. 11th 2003. His name was Robert Matthews. These are his words:

" A few weeksbefore Sept11th, my wife and I found out we were going to have our first child. She planned a trip out to California to visit her sister. on our way to the airport, we prayed that God would grant my wife safe trip and be with her. Shortly after I said 'amen' we both heard a loud pop and the car shook violently. We had blown out a tire. I replaced the tire as quickly as I could, but we still misses her flight. Both very upset, we drove home. I received a call from my father who was retired FDNY. He asked what my wife's flight number was, but explained that we misses the flight. My father informed me that her flight was the one that crashed into the southern tower. I was shocked to speak. My father also had more news for me; he was going to help. " this is not something I can just sit by for, I have to do something."
I was concerned for his safety, of course, but more because he had never given his life to Christ. After a brief debate, I knew his mind was made up. Before he got off the phone, he said," take good care of my grandchild."
Thse were the last words I ever heard my father say; he died while helping in the rescue effort. My joy that my prayer of safety for my wife had been answered quickly.I became angery at God , at my father and myself. I had gone for two yearsblaming God for taking my father away. My son would never know his grandfather, my father had never accepted Christ, and I never got to say good-bye.
Then something happened. About two months ago, I was sitting at home with my wife and my son, when there was a knock on the door. I looked at my wife, but I could tell she wasn't expecting anyone. i opened the door to a couple with a small child. The man looked ar me and asked if my father's name was Jake Matthews. I told him it was. He quickly grabbed my hand and said," I never got the chance to meet your father, but it is an honor to meet his son." he explained to me that his wife had worked in the World Trade Center and had been caught inside after the attack. She was pregnant and had been caught under debris. He then explained that my father had been the one to find his wife and free her. My eyes welled up with tears as I thought of my father giving his life for people like this. He then said, " there is something else you need to know," his wife then told me that as my father worked to free her, she talked to him and lead him to Christ. I begun sobbing at the news.
Now I know that when I get to heaven, my father will be standing beside Jesus to welcome me, and that this family would be able to thank him themselves.
When their baby boy was born, they named him Jacob Matthew in honor of the man who gave his life so mother and baby could live. God is ALWAYS in control.

sami
10-24-2003, 09:14 AM
Good Morning I thought I would check in and say hello before take off for work. I had a good day yesterday ended the day at 955 cals. and I did 1/2 hr of work out!!!! I have been trading my cokes for water I went until 4pm before I had a Coke yesterday! (I am a big diet coke drinker)

Judy-what a touching story. We forgot how God doesn't make mistakes. He is in control and when it looks bad we have to trust that he is in control. I know when my Dad died I was so heart broken but my brother who openly did not belive in God started going to church! He died a few months later and now I have the hope I will see him in heaven.

Mitchypoo-I pray that you are doing well today. Glad you felt well enough to go into work for awhile.

Wilma-Praying for an OP day.

Angel-Lover-Praying that you get you settlement soon!

Sue-Still Praying for your Job.

SunnyD-Praying that your Mom is home and in comfort. Please Let us know how she is doing. (and You to)

Sherry-Still praying for you drop in and let us know how your doing.

Ez-Where did you go is the Wife making you clean again?

Amandapanda-Praying for the job hunt. Drop in and let us know how it is going.

Zoe-If you are still out there we miss you!

And to all other MIA"S Your in my prayers!
Sami

SunnyD57
10-24-2003, 01:28 PM
http://members1.chello.nl/~j.faessen/images/hihi.gif
:wave: Hello gang!

First off ~ I wanted to let you know that my mother pulled through her surgery like a trooper! I spoke to her this morning and she is in allot of pain and discomfort (need I say), but she is up and around and at home. My sister is taking real good care of her. She and my SIL are making dinners to bring over to them and my DS is caring for my mother's personal needs. I am so glad that all is going as well as to be expected. It is such a painful surgery. She did not sleep well, but it will get better each night for her - the first night is always the toughest!
Thank-you so much for ~ALL~ your thoughts and prayers! I am truly Blessed! ;)

:dizzy: Me --- Well, I have been so very ill the last week and am still on the mend, but so much better today. I had a very bad Diverticulitus attack and had a low grade fever as well. The spasms were pretty bad, so I could not sit at the computer for any length of time. I was flat on my back. I did go back to Curves on Monday thinking I just had a short bout with a flu bug but in reality - I was at the beginning stages of an infection that only got worse after I worked out. You are suppose to be as calm as possible during one of these attacks - woops - I didn't recognize it this time, because it had been so long since my last one. We came to the conclusion that it was all the tomatoes I had been eating from our garden... the seeds got all stuck and then infection set in. And now I have a urinary track infection I am being treated for - because it always happens after an attack.

I am doing so much better now. Been drinking allot of herb teas and tons of water (I think I have lost some weight too). But I should be back in the swing of things this coming Monday. I thought I was well on my way this past Monday and got so excited, but alas... it wasn't meant to be.

I was thinking that this Monday (10-27) I would begin the morning by another weight and measure and then I will look at it as if I am starting anew. It just has been one long and hard three weeks!

:flow1: Wish me Luck!! :flow1:
:grouphug:

SunnyD57
10-24-2003, 01:35 PM
May I share a picture? ;)
The boys love our new sofa set --- they look like
Siamese Twins here. So adorable!

eisenj
10-24-2003, 02:42 PM
Hi,

SunnyD ~ your pictures of your cats are adorable. I'm sorry you feel so bad. I'll pray for a fast recovery.

SunnyD57
10-24-2003, 04:17 PM
:comp: <Now to catch up a little>

SAMI ~ CONGRATS on being able to stay on your program of counting calories :cp: I must admit that calorie counting has never been for me, but I have seen others (& now you) do very well doing it. Do you also have a set time for yourself for weigh-ins, so you don't become too obsessed with the scale? Ever since mine broke I think I am doing better :o Does that make sense? I just limit my portions and am drinking my water again Especially because I cannot eat too much right now - this attack has a positive side: getting me back on track. I am looking forward to your picture ;)

GARY ~ :chef: How did those scalloped potatoes come out????? Boy-o-boy, the ingred. sure look great :T ! When I am all well again I will surely give that one a try. As far as my father goes... he has a long history of thinking only of himself, as much as we all love him. Yep---I do love him very much, but there are times (uh huh) when I don't like him very much. He is very accustomed to be catered to and not doing the catering. That was part of my worry. If I had been well, I would have gone off to the airport in a blink! But now my DS & DSI are providing my mother's needs :^: Thanks for sharing your story ;) You are so adorable! No wonder Angie likes you :lol:

WILMA ~ How's your program going? May I be included with you and SAMI :high: ?? I want to begin again too :goodvibes I so badly want to see anywhere nears the 150 lbs I have a goal of by next Fall. That's when we are going to visit my folks again (planned anyway) and I so want to feel and look good when I go.

SunnyD57
10-24-2003, 04:18 PM
MICHELE~ I do hope that you are feeling better today... going back to work after a much too short a vacation has to be tough. Especially since we are heading into the holiday's! Bet you already have Christmas in the stores! If I recall you work for Target?

And as far as leaving Simba --- I am totally the same way (not surprised :lol: ). I have the hardest time thinking about leaving the boys with someone, even when I know they will be okay. I want them to miss me :^: and to be good (only the lord knows what they would get into while I am not home :o ). So my trip to Maine next Fall will be my FIRST time leaving them since we brought them home...

Oh, I know what you mean about seeing that deer get hit! :( What an awful feeling!!!! I hate it when that happens! We were travelling in Nevada and saw a tortoise going across the road and I made Joe back the car up so I could bring him to where he was heading and he wouldn't get hit. I am sure when he travelled back he may have gotten hit - but at least I made the effort to make sure he was okay. And not long after... later that day I saw one go directly under the tires of a car - bummer! I use to raise tortoise when I lived in the desert... our pets. They are so cool. People don't realize the personality they have. You just cannot cuddle with them :^:

Thanks JUDY ~ So glad you enjoyed the picture :) And I do appreciate your prayers more then you will ever know! The sun is shinning and it is so beautiful out (Cold! Only 40* this morning with an overnight of 35*---burrr), but I have to stay in and rest another few days. But I am still enjoying the stream of sun and the color of our tree's :)

SUE ~ I sure do hope that you had a wonderful 41st birthday :hb: !!! I thank you for being concerned for me - even when it was your Special Day... you are sweet!

SPROUT ~ Hope that you are okay?!?!? We haven't heard from you in awhile too. You working on that Dr. Phil program?? Thinking of you!

Hello ANGEL ~ :dance: CONGRATS! :dance: on reaching your goal!! Bet you look sharp in that new jacket ;) Turning some heads I bet ;) I just cannot wait to do the goal dance again. Got a picture???

Well, I must be going.
I have sat here much longer then I am suppose to.
God's Blessing for you all always!

EZMONEY
10-24-2003, 08:38 PM
HEY LOOOSERS <><

Well we made it through another week didn't we!! I just want to say how PROUD I am of SAMI for starting on her new way of living!! And how PROUD I am of the rest of you for praying for her!! She has had a lot going on in her life the last few months so to see her focused on her health is quite a happy sight.

My daughter called to tell me how she did in her match- FINALLY!! I have been waiting 2 days to hear from her.... sound familiar SUNNY? Anyway she lost 5-8 but had a lot of fun and she said she and her partner played well but got off to a slow start.

Picked the nephew up from school this afternoon and he wasn't coming out-- went in to check and he was getting the 3rd degree from his core teacher for todays behavior! She said he was doing so well but this morning he just couldn't keep from butting in. She also told me that holding him accountable on a daily basis with his daily report is working wonderfully. What I do is every 2 weeks I make a paper-- OK my daughter or Angie does-- on the computer for each teacher to fill in at the end of the day-- this keeps him focused on getting good remarks for the day.. PUNISHMENT if needed is NO TV for as long as I feel is needed. So far he has only lost the TV for 1 hour in the last 4 weeks. All of his teachers now (4) say he is probably the best kid in the class-- of course there are only about 14 in it so his odds are pretty good:lol!

MICHELE-- I am here! I just have been busy the last couple of days with the World Series and work. Angie went to her weekly visit (or every other week) to the chiro yesterday too. What exactly do you do or what are you training for in the ministry class you are taking? The numbers are dwindling for Lutheran pastors in our synod, it is sad to see. Our director of Christian education for the school and youth has had to go pastor several churches on a part time basis near the Arizona border in the last year. Hope your church is growing in numbers for training.

SUNNYD- In the 30's huh-- I guess I won't tell you it has been in the 80's here the last few days, chills down into the 60's at night though:lol: BRRR.. I almost had to start wearing clothes around the house.. almost.:D Glad to hear your mom is doing well. Sorry to hear of your dad's problem. Reminds me of something I heard not too long ago--- There are 3 kinds of people -- Those that when they walk into a room say "HERE I AM!" then there are those that say "Here I am! how are you?" then there are those that say "WELL there YOU are!" Sounds like your pops is the here I am guy.

SUE-- I hope you survived your double this week-end! They need you at church with the bulletin... plus at YOUR AGE I don't know if all that work is good for you:lol:

JUDY They don't have any drive-in's around here-- haven't seen one for over 20 years! Wow do I feel old! When we were kids they had one about a half mile from where we grew up, we used to sneak in and sit behind the concession stand-- then we got caught!! OOPS-- That sure was a great story on 9-1-1- thank you for sharing. Hey Matthew, what's cookin'?

WILMA-- Hope you wore the right shoes today! I am so proud of you for not giving in to the little setbacks in your new lifestyle! You keep fighting through them-- makes me and I know those boys of your's proud!! Who is the COMPANY this week-end? I am beginning to think you are the Martha Stewart of Canada:lol: with all the entertaining you do!

SAMI All I have to say is "OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :bravo: :cp: :bravo: :cp: :bravo: :cp: :bravo: :cp: :bravo:

Because you have done so well this week have a diet Coke!! You remind me of my brother and one of my good friends-- they are diet Coke addicts!!!

ANGEL-- How is the paper work going? Hope your DH gets some needed week-end help on the place! Those grandkids want Thanksgiving dinner;)

Well Angie isn't home yet so I better figure something out for dinner-- let's see, hummm-- OK-- PIZZA-- Na, I better wait. Have a great week-end with your families ladies.

Going to the Oktoberfest after second service at church on Sunday-- my EX-wife is bringing some of her boyfriend's beer he brews--- SOOOO GOOD!! Don't worry I am not driving-- my nephew will
:lol: :lol: :lol:SPROUT-- Did you see Dr. Phil in this month's GOOD HOUSEKEEPING?

Mitchypoo
10-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Sunny~So happy to hear your mom is ok and that your DS's are there to help. And so sad you are not feeling well....sounds awful. Just take care of yourself and you'll be back to Curves soon enough.

Had a very special email this a.m. There is a girl that I knew about 5 years ago who was in a support group i was in. She was a very severe case of physical abuse and my heart just went out for this girl. We are very different in our backgrounds and all but we related to eachother and I always had a heart for her. When I moved to MN she gave me a small gift, a ceramic merry-go-round figurine and I've always treasured it, in part because i knew she could not afford anything but also because it was important to her that i know how i touched her life. And i gave her a gift too, she was the only one i felt the need/want. I kept in touch w/her the first Christmas after i left but then we kind of lost touch and she emailed me today! We didn't get into details so i'm not sure how she is, but i'm very happy to hear from her.

Very tired today, have to work 1/2 day tomorrow and then i'm taking a serious nap!

Oh, i have to tell you this about small town Minnesota! My boss and i went to this little town, farm community, because she's listing a house out there and we needed to measure the rooms, so we stopped at the little store and then we walked to this little place for lunch. We both had a bowl of homemade soup, mine split pea, hers chicken and wild rice, and we split a cheeseburger and we both had a soda and the bill was $6.12.........can you believe it! Best bowl of soup i've had in awhile....

EZMONEY
10-24-2003, 09:07 PM
MICHELE-- YOU CAN GET A DOUBLE-DOUBLE FOR $2.60 at IN-N-OUT...hahahahahahahahh

Mitchypoo
10-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Very funny Gary! Ha ha ha ha ha! This was a good burger but not one of those... :)

EZMONEY
10-24-2003, 11:55 PM
Fall has struck in So. Cal. The dew is on the roses!

Mitchypoo
10-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Sunny~No, i don't work for Target? I spend too much money there but i work in a medical billing office and also a real estate/insurance office..... :) Glad you seem to be feeling better.

What am i still doing up?........

Angel-lover
10-25-2003, 08:13 AM
Hi everybody...I really don't like getting behind like this! I like posting to everyone...but, there's been so many ( & that's great!). Please forgive me if I don't reply to a post with a message to me...I'm really trying!:dizzy: I love all of you...don't know what I would do without this board!

Been really busy for a couple of days...felt energetic...that's VERY unusual...so went, & went, & went...while I could...not, I can't.:^: Enjoyed it, though!

Answering questions....no Thanksgiving dinner at our house again, this year. But, we WILL all have dinner together somewhere. That's the important thing...We all will be here. (with the exception of SIL in Iraq)
Settlement...still haven't heard. Figure lawyer & Maytag Co. are bickering...so we're being patient.
Picture...I WILL try to post a picture soon...don't have a digital camera...I may just treat myself to one!;)

I've been praying for all requests...I come in quickly at least once a day & read all posts...just been too busy to post.

My requests: DH is down in his back...bad. This happens to him, sometimes. He WILL NOT stop. Goes on to work in backbrace. He lays floor covering...hardwood, ceramic, tile, carpet, etc. Is VERY GOOD...so in high demand, & stays behind. Which, is a blessing...we need the money. This is very hard work with a bad back, though. His helpers are trying to take the heavy loads off of him, but, still rough. He's gone to the chiropractor...won't go to any other dr. Please remember him in prayer.

Also, we're in a Praise-a -Thon at the tv station this week end. I'm supposed to help out...as well as sing...today, until midnight. Going to be rough on me...although I enjoy it. Say a prayer for me tonight. Be glad when we're back on internet. Maybe some of you can watch a little of the station programming.

Gotta go....everyone take care...have a great weekend!
http://www.sunsetangel.com/angels/graphics/loveange.jpg

SunnyD57
10-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Morning MICHELE ~ Gotcha... I was doing it again :lol: I confused you with SAMI - She is the one that works for Target. Sometimes my head gets so cloudy.
But at least now I know more of what you do :)

Gotta go get some breakfast made for Joe & I. Joe has quite a day ahead of him. He has to go get our new behind the sofa table and then he has a wedding to sing for at 2:00 and then church at 4:30. I am not able to go with him anywhere, still laid up for the weekend :( But am feeling better everyday ;)

Yea!!! What were you still doing up???! :dizzy:
You need your sleep girl!

EZMONEY
10-25-2003, 11:54 AM
I see Angie sent another picture of her roses-- at my request-- she took this one before work yesterday morning because it was so pretty with the little dew drops on the edges-- it didn't show up too well in the small picture though- sorry.

Have a busy day today! USC is on, UCLA, UNLV (my son has 4 friends playing for them) and the World Series-- how will I ever get it all done? HA! I know exactly how-- I just find something for Angie to do for the day that she enjoys.. let's see, hum, shopping? nope- she doesn't like that, hum... I don't know I'll think of something! She is out on her Saturday 5 miler, just me and her daughter talking about last night's football games-- My alma mater and my kid's upset the #1 team in the county (we are #8) and my step-d's school- the cross town rival tied the ex #2 team in the county (they were #2 until we beat them last week) her school is ranked #6 right now-- we have our yearly BIG Showdown between the 2 schools in a few weeks-- usually get huge crowds-- did I mention our 2 schools have almost 8,000 students combined? Any how I was on her case because she went to the game last night and came home and said that her team was going to lose-- she left too early! AHHH- my son and I just hate it when people do that--- last year believe it or not our team scored 15 points on 2 touchdowns and a 1 point kick and a 2 point run in the last 15 seconds!! and upset the #1 team in the playoffs!

Angie does have a soccer game to go to with step-d and she has to take her to get her hair done for the homecoming dance tonight-- I should be OK..

But then there is grass to mow... ah man!

Have a great week-end ladies.

Amanda Panda
10-25-2003, 02:27 PM
Hello all!

wow, this thread has been busy lately - it's just taken me about an hour to catch up!. Nigel is asleep so I thought I'd make the most of it and use the computer while I can.

I've filled in 2 forms for jobs in Ireland and sent them off. I've got one more to do - then I will let you know if any invite me for interview. I've done the very best I can - I spent alot of time writing the 'supporting statement' - outling my skills, experience and attributes, I was quite pleased with the finished result, but I'll have to wait and see. I've also got someone else to write me a reference for my last job - the previous headteacher who I worked with for the bulk of the time I was there. I'd previously been putting the new headteacher - but I only worked with her for about 3 months, and most of that was focused on my ill health - meetings and monitoring etc. So I phoned up my old manager and she said she'd be happy to write me a reference - which is really good as she knew me a lot better and saw the positive things I did for the school. I feel happier and more confident now she is writing my references as I know she won't just focus on my ill health.

PRAYERS PLEASE! - I have given up smoking!. I have smoked for about 6 years and God has recently put it strongly on my mind to give up. I've been procrastinating about it for 2 months - but on Thursday I decided to take a step of faith and just stop!. I know God is right here with me and is helping me through it. I found the prospect of stopping very scary - giving up a 'prop' that I have grown to rely on - But it also made me a slave to it and now I am happy to say THE LORD HAS SET ME FREE!! .

My withdrawal symptoms have not been TOO bad - uncomfortable, but not unmanageable - I know God is giving me the strength to get through this. I'd welcome your prayers of support and thanks while I break free from this addiction.

Love Amanda xx

Amanda Panda
10-25-2003, 02:56 PM
WILMA/ SAMI - well done for taking a fresh start on your weight loss. Me too - I've messed about for the last month and haven't lost any weight. I've decided to be a lot more disciplined and start calorie counting and writing everthing down - I find that monitoring myself that strictly is what I need to stay on track.
So good luck to us all! One more thing - Sami, isn't 955 calories a bit TOO low?. My doctor told me that it is dangerous to go below 1000 calories. I don't know how much you have to lose but my slimming magazines say:

14lb or less - 1250 cals
up to 42lb - 1500 cals
over 42lb - 1750 cals

I don't want you to starve or get ill!

ANGEL - Wow! 42lb's lost is absolutely fantastic. I hope I achieve that some day!
Prayers for your husband - hope he is feeling better, and good luck for the praiseathon - that sounds like fun!

GARY - Loved the pictures - I adore roses!. Good luck with the fundraising for your son's school trip - that's alot of money!

SUNNY - Sorry you've been having a bad time of it recently. I am glad that your mum is recovering well - I know how hard it is living far away from from your family , especially when you are woried about them. I hope you are feeling better and are fighting fit again soon. (((((hugs)))))

SUE - Belated birthday greetings to you!. I hope you had a lovely day.

MICHELE - Hope your back is better and you are feeling better now. The ministry training sounds good - I think I'd like to do something like that in the future.

JUDY - Thank you for sharing that powerful story from September 11th. It moved me to tears and makes me feel in total awe of God.

Sorry if I've missed anyone!

Love Amanda xx

wilma12
10-25-2003, 03:28 PM
My house is almost clean and I have a few minutes before I have to finish my dessert for dinner after church tomorrow. I'm making a vanilla torte that goes over really well. The house is empty other than me so I'm getting lots done. Feels great!!

Amanda: Great to hear from you again. I'll pray for you and the job applications you sent off. If you're supposed to move God will provide a way. CONGRATS on quitting smoking. I really admire you for conquering such a strong addiction. Keep us posted on how you're doing with that.

Gary: You are too funny! Me?Martha Stewart? :lol: ;) :lol: I am the farthest away from her. I do love to have my friends over and they get really simple meals. Tonight it's sweet & sour meatballs and tomorrow it's baked ham and hash brown casserole. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I really needed that. My company this weekend is a friend from grade school who is a missionary to the Philippines and is home taking care of her ill mother. She's speaking in our church tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to seeing her and catching up.

Angel: Praying for your DH. A bad back is so hard to deal with.
Big congrats on reaching your goal. I hope Ican say that soon too!

Sunny: We're all in this weight loss struggle together. It sounds like our goals are close to the same. Keep us posted on how you're doing too. I'll keep you in myprayers.

Michele: Isn't great to hear from someone you've helped and that they're doing okay? What a good feeling.

Well, the pudding is set. Now it's time to add the whipping creamand assemble my dessert.

Have a wonderful day!

Mitchypoo
10-25-2003, 04:28 PM
Amanda~I'm so proud of you for giving up smoking. It is difficult to do, but you CAN DO IT! It's great that you asked the Lord for help and that the cravings aren't so bad. I too gave it up about 11 years ago and I asked God to not give me the craving, and he did! It's amazing how God can help us... (You are in my prayers anyway! ;) )

Gary~the ministry training is for Alpha and it's because we do prayer ministry twice during the course. Once when we have our all day retreat that we call Holy Spirit Day and once when we have a healing night. On the Holy Spirit day we talk a lot about the gifts of the Spirit and we introduce people to prayer as a group. It's not very common for many Catholic churches so it's sometimes nerve-wracking and always a truly Spirit filled day. The healing night we have testimony from people who have received healing and we offer prayer ministry again to anyone who wants to pray for healing. We talk about words of knowledge and see if anyone has them, and then we offer prayer. I've often gotten anxious during prayer, because i always felt inadequate but I realized that that isn't from God, and the more I do it, the more I'm thankful that God allows me to.

Going to get my hair thinned and buy some shampoo and conditioner, big sale on Aveda! We may get snow tomorrow night or monday! Can you believe it!

Don't forget, we get an extra hour of sleep and need to turn our clocks back 1 hour. Is that true in Europe? I know it isn't in Arizona and Indiana too...

Amanda Panda
10-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Michele - yes we put our clocks back too, thanks for the reminder!

Amandaxx

sami
10-25-2003, 05:17 PM
Hello I am on break from cleanning LOL. I have been so far behind going through all cabinets and throwing away junk that just collects! I am still going through all the girls (and my stuff) and getting rid of a lot! I used to be very strict on that stuff because with 6 kids you had to be but with me not feeling well I have not done it for awhile. I am very happy to say that I am still OP! And I am not going to get on the scale until I lose enough to go down a size in clothes! I don't want to get discouraged if the scales don't move down as fast as I want them!

EZ-Thank you so much you made my day! I am planning on taking my journal with me the next time I go to the Dr. I am writing at the bottom page each day how I felt. If I had a IBS attack or headach ect...... I think this will help me find other trigger foods. Please tell Angie how much I enjoy her journal. After I have use it a few more days I will e-mail her with some suggestions I come up with.

Angel-Lover-Don't feel bad when you can't post to everyone even a quick note lets us know your doing OK and That is what were Praying for. We worry when it has been awhile. Glad you and your family will have time together. And of course We are praying for your husband. My DH is the same way I just had to call the Dr and tell on him because he has a lg lump on his wrist and it was causing a lot of pain. He went and they ran tests to see if he was diabetic because he has spots starting on his legs. And they are sending him to a hand speicalist because they are worried about his wrist (it might be a tumor). So please keep him in your prayers also.

Amanda-Panda-I am glad you are trying to stop smoking. I know it won't be easy but you can do it! We are still praying for your job and I know that the Lord will bless you with the right job.
You are right my cal have been low but right now I am trying to not eat much at once to keep my stomach calm. I have noticed at night when I eat a meal all at once my stomach starts hurting. I am going to start eating a little more each day but I want to stay under 1400 cals.

Wilma-I wish you would come and cook and help me clean. I think Ez is right you could be the Martha Stewart! How is curves doing? Do you like it better than your walking? I am proud that you keep going even when you felt discouraged. I am praying for you just keep on going!!!!!! I thought about this the other day you and I have been on this post for a long time and we both are probably close to the same weight we were when we started along time ago but the alternative would be to give up and gain more? We are not going to let Satan discourage us to the point that we give up and gain. I would rather stay this size and keep trying than to give up and gain!

Mitchypoo-Sorry you are not feeling well. You will have to keep us posted on the friend and how she is doing.

SunnyD-I am glad your Mom is doing well. Will keep praying for a fast recovery. Yes I am the one who works at TARGET! I will have been with the company 18 yrs Nov 13! Wow who would have thought when I started as Christmas help 18 yrs ago I would be there this long? I work in a SuperTarget and mine is the busiest one in Indy. I work in the office and we are doing a lot of hiring now so I will be so busy for the next few months! I do Love my Job Target has been good to me all these years.

Sue-Hope you have a good weekend even if you do have to work I hope everything go smooth.

Well I think I might lay down and take a short nap.

EZMONEY
10-26-2003, 12:49 PM
WISHING EVERYONE A GOOD DAY BEFORE WE HEAD OFF TO CHURCH. THERE ARE A LOT OF FIRES SURROUNDING MY HOME HERE IN CALIFORNIA--HOWEVER--WE ARE NOT IN ANY DANGER AT ALL, THEY ARE TOO FAR AWAY--NEAREST 10-15 MILES. SURE IS HOT HERE, IN THE 70's ALREADY AND IT ISN'T EVEN 9:00 YET! SUPPOSED TO BE THE HOTTEST DAY OF THE YEAR HERE. GOING TO THE OKTOBERFEST AT CHURCH AFTER SERVICE AND SUNDAY SCHOOL--

HAVE A GREAT DAY WITH YOUR FAMILIES- GARY

sami
10-26-2003, 02:09 PM
Hello I hope are having a Blessed Sunday. I just got home from church and the service was on Marriage. It was on how things are not always happy and great but how God wants us to react to the tough times. So many of my friends my age at church are going through tough times health wise and that leads to money problems ect...... One couple the husband just found out he has colon cancer and the day before his surgery his wife fell and broke her wrist bad and had to have surgery and as soon as that cast comes off they are going to do surgery on her other hand because she has no feeling in it! And the another friend went in to find out why her ankle hurt and they found a tumor and did a body scan and now wants to meet with both her and her husband on tuesday (that doesn't sound good) And another friend just had an 8 bypass surgery and he is only 43! Two of my friends Children have cancer and another has a rare blood problem. And another friend just found out she has cancer of the ovary and she is just in her 40's. It has been a tough year for many members of my church (along with the flood) Please keep my church family in your prayers. If Satan thinks he is hurting us I can tell you we are all closer because of all of this! And strong in our prayer life!

Ez-You have a great time today. I still have my fall cleaning to finish. And I am still OP. I think this deep cleaning is harder than any workout I could do! My DD took the youngest two last night and boy did I do a lot of getting rid of toys! Today I hope my husband can get around to taking the extra bed out of the room so I can take the bunk beds apart.

Wilma-Did you get all your cleaning done? If so can you come help me? LOL I have to clean all the carpets next weekend and I will be ready to start putting out Christmas! (I have soooo much it takes me along time to put it all out) It drives my oldest nuts that I start at the beganing of Nov putting out stuff. But hey she doesn't live here any more. LOL

SunnyD-Is your Mom feeling better? I am praying that her pain is reduced. Did you get your new tables?

Mitchypoo-I hope you are feeling better today.

Angel-Lover-Is it cold your way? They keep saying we might have snow but today is a lot warmer today. I am praying that you hear something soon about your settlement.

AmandaPanda-How is the stop smoking going I am praying that it gets eaiser everyday!

Judy-How are doing? I tried to find your DD in the pictures but couldn't pick her out.

Sue-Hope your weekend is passing fast since you are at work!

To all others I don't mean to miss you but I suffer from dead brain syndrome so please forgive me.

Praying you have an OP day!

wilma12
10-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Hi! I just had a very relaxing Sunday. Had dinner, then a nap and then went to visit a sick aunt in the hospital. Now I'm winding down and getting ready for bed so I can get up early to go to Curves again.

It's amazing how making a decision to change your attitude works. I decided that I didn't need to become discouraged because I was working at it. My friend who was here for the weekend noticed that I had lost weight and I had just seen her in July.

Sami: You're right. We're not quitters!! I'm so glad you're here for support. I pray for you daily.You asked whether I prefer Curves to walking. Right now I do because it's more convenient and a way to get to know people in my neighbourhood.

Gary: How was Oktoberfest? Hope you didn't have too much sausage and beer.:lol:

Michele: How are you doing with SBD? Is it still working for you?

AmandaPanda: How is you non-smoking going? I sure hope you're hanging in. It's hard to do that and diet at the same time. I really admire you.

Hello to the rest of you. Catch up with you tomorrow night!

sami
10-27-2003, 07:43 AM
Hello A quick note to say Hello! If I make it through today I will have made it one whole week and I didn't cheat once! It does seem to be helping my stomach also! I am not cured but did have a better week. The problem I am having now is I am doing small workouts and saturday night and sunday my knees and hips hurt so bad I couldn't sleep!

Wilma have a great day and I hope you made it to curves!

Praying that you have an OP day!
Sami

Mitchypoo
10-27-2003, 08:32 AM
Hello all :wave:

I've realized that i must complain too much cuz all of you are hoping i feel better and truth is, i'm feeling pretty good. So sorry.......I have been dealing w/this back but it's better too. But today is a new day, a new work week, and i plan to make it a good one....

We had this great salad at Alpha last night, it had craisins and apple and pear and cashews in it. It was so good. I got the recipe, even though it's not exactly low carb.

Felt good to sleep a little longer this a.m. And i'm a little more prepared this a.m. I know what i'm wearing, i know what i'm taking for lunch, gosh, what am i going to do with the time this a.m.? I am getting back to normal, these are the mornings I enjoy, when i'm up early and have time to do things. Think i should read my bible too.

Hope you all have a great Monday and a great week!

Mitchypoo
10-27-2003, 08:35 AM
Aw, i forgot to mention about my Vikings....forgot about the game and then when i saw it was the 4th quarter and 2 minutes to go and they were losing. They really wanted to beat the Giants but I heard they just weren't the same yesterday. How'd the Raiders and the Browns do? Will have to check out the sports page today.

EZMONEY
10-27-2003, 11:15 AM
OUR TOWN OF SAN DIEGO IS IN A DISASTER BECAUSE OF ALL THE FIRES-- ANGIE AND I ARE NOT IN ANY DANGER AT THE MOMENT HOWEVER THE FIRES ARE SPREADING FAST AND SO LITTLE HELP-- OUR FIRE PEOPLE HAD BEEN SENT TO THE FIRES NORTH OF US. WE ARE SURROUNDED BY 3 FIRES THAT THE OFFICIALS BELIEVE COULD CONNECT IF THE WINDS PICK UP TODAY-- SO FAR SO GOOD-- IT IS VERY SMOKEY HERE AND ALL THE SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED-- THEY WANT PEOPLE TO STAY OFF THE ROADS IF POSSIBLE-- THEY HAVE EVACUATED THE EVACUATION CENTERS IN THE AREA SEVERAL TIMES DUE TO NEW DANGERS-- PEOPLE HAVE BEEN KILLED TRYING TO SAVE THEIR HORSES, ETC AND SOME HAVE BEEN KILLED IN THEIR CARS TRYING TO ESCAPE-- A LOT OF THE AREA IS HIGHLY POPULATED BUT SOME IS NOT-- VERY SAD.

IN HIS CARE- GARY

Mitchypoo
10-27-2003, 11:50 AM
Oh Gary~You and the family and community are in my prayers, it sounds just awful out there right now. I didn't realize it was also in San Diego county. Do they know how that one started? The one up north (north of my folks) was arson. It's so sad. Be careful..........

Amanda Panda
10-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Thinking and praying for you and your community Gary - stay safe.

Love Amanda xx

doitforme
10-27-2003, 01:03 PM
It is raining here! Could be worse- snowing! I'm sorryt o hear the damage the fires are doing out there E.Z. pray the rain moves from here to there to help put them out. Pray that you and your all stay safe, and for allt he families impacted by it. Did ya get your lawn mowed?
Angel- Hope hubby's back is soon feeling better, hard to work with bad back, especially on your knees- Trust all went well with praise athon, that sounds neat.
Sunny- So happy to hear mom is doing better, sure hope your up and feeling good soon, awful being sick.
Sami- great job, staying op your doing good, as for the dead brain syndrome, I think its computer compatible, because I have it occassionally too!
Judy- thanks so much for the great story on 9/11- Its true we need to trust the Lord, even when we think we know better.
Mitchy- Glad to hear your feeling better- Homemade soup sounds yummy especially as cold as its been.
Panda- YEAH! wAY TO GO, I quite almost 4 yrs ago. I rarely have sinus infections now. Pray all works out job wise.
Almost time to run to work, hi to everyone else and catch ya later!

EZMONEY
10-27-2003, 07:03 PM
HI Ladies--

Just wanted to up-date everyone on our fires. It is really bad air quality around us but we still are not in immediate danger. One fire alone has burned over 100,000 acres- we have many going from Los Angeles to San Diego-- well over 900 homes gone now and more than 14 lost lives in our general (25 mile radius) area alone. One fire is just taking out full blocks of homes-- the santa ana winds are not as severe as expected though so that is helping at the moment. They have already cancelled schools for tomorrow-- not sure how many schools affected all together but I do know we have over 80 high schools alone out. Even my son and daughter's colleges are out for the day. We are told to keep water and electricity at a minimum and stay off the freeways if possible-- they are asking employers to give everyone the day off. As I said earlier the nearest fire to us is 10-15 miles away so we are OK.

THANK EVERYONE FOR THE PRAYERS YOU SENT UP FOR THOSE FAMILIES IN STRESS!!

AMANDA Great job on the smoking!! I quit 6.5 years ago after smoking since I was 16, I am almost 50 now. You can do this-- if you have to use the gum or patch-- WHATEVER you have to do to help!! if you need it-- I did! God didn't take away my cravings-- but then I didn't help Him much either!!

WILMA- I had a great time at the Oktoberfest. I had only 1 sausage, but I did have to sample 6 of the beers-- 6 oz. cups! Angie drove home!! Guys in the church brewed their own samples and I didn't want to leave anyone out:D My ex-wife's boyfriend showed up and gave me all the extra ones she didn't sell that he brewed-- very good- but then he stocks me up when I need some anyway, it is his hobby. See ya Martha:lol: :lol:

MICHELE-- I know 1 fire in our area- Camp Pendelton fire was started by a training exercise-- the one in Ramona was started by a flair that a lost hunter sent up for his friend--PRAYERS FOR THIS MAN PLEASE-- AS THIS FIRE HAS CLAIMED AT LEAST 9 LIVES SO FAR--

Be right back-- daughter just called.

EZMONEY
10-27-2003, 07:26 PM
OK Michele-- my daughter just called from Pt. Loma to tell me how bad the air is down there even on the coast. We also have a fire going in Valley Center that has claimed 3 lives and a lot of property but no word as of yet on how it started. Other small fires are happening around.
Just wait until you are my age-- you won't have to pay to get your hair thinned!! God just does it for you:lol: What happened to your Vikings girl? too much of a good thing I guess. My pastor sure was bummed! I don't think you complain too much-- we are just concerned about your mono is all.

SAMI That cleaning will burn off those calories! How is DH with his wrist? Did you make it through today op/ Of course you did-- and if you didn't no big deal! tomorrow is a new day!!Don't even worry about that scale-- throw it out!! the main thing is to start working-- KEEP working towards that new lifestyle!! If you focus on the weight you can't be focusing on what you NEED to do-- the weight will happen!! You NEED to eat right, exercise what YOU can, etc-- ah-- you know-- I don't need to tell you!!

SUE-- Did you ever think "I" would be asking YOU to send weather:lol: Give me some :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: for these poor families. Glad to hear you quit that nasty habit too!! See we have a lot in commom!! Not only are we both good looking- we are ex-smokers :D

SUNNYD-- ANGEL LOVER Where you gals at?

Well I better check out and go bid a job-- Angie just loves it when I work:lol:

IN HIS CARE- Gary

wilma12
10-27-2003, 11:05 PM
It's been a long day and I'm winding down. I had a supper meeting and just got home.

Gary: I've been hearing about the fires in your area. Devastating. We had the same thing happen in BC this summer. I'm praying for you and those affected by this.

doitforme: Be thankful for the rain. It's been snowing here most of the day. It's a big mess! I hope it melts!!

Sami: I did go to Curves this morning. Sometimes I think I do it in my sleep. How did your day go?

Hello to everyone else!

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 08:00 AM
Hi GARY ~ I'm here... just cannot sit too long at the computer right now, while I am recovering. I am doing so much better today, but still not well. I will be going back to CURVES on Monday (11-3) and this time I will get re measured & weighed-in like I am just beginning again. October was a mess for me health-wise. Thank-you so much for your thoughts and prayers.

Enough 'bout me - I am blessed to still have my home and memories - unlike those in CA...
Those fires are absolutely dreadful! Are you guys still in a safe-zone from the fires????! Use your digital camera and get some pictures of stuff around your home...no? At least then if anything were to happen(Lord forbid!) you'll have record of your valuables for the Ins. Co. I saw this morning that over 11 hundred homes have been lost and 15 now have died and that there are over 6,000 firefighters out there trying to put it out. Does it look like it is under any control yet? All the news reports have different stats!! No such thing as consistency in the news anymore, uggg!

My Prayers for you & your safety! And for all the people that are suffering such loss in so many ways!!!! How devastating this must be for them!! Especially those who have lost a loved one!
I heard a story yesterday, that a couple had just finished signing papers for their first new home and that it was moving day. They were so excited... but as they pulled onto their street their worse fear hit them right between the eyes - their brand new home was gone! They said the one good thing was that they had not moved in yet, so they still have all their belongings and memories. But the sadness on his face and on the faces of those that have lost everything!! I just couldn't imagine!

Keep in touch guy!
Our Preayers for you, Angie and your loved ones!

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 08:14 AM
SunnyD-I am glad your Mom is doing well. Will keep praying for a fast recovery. Yes I am the one who works at TARGET! I will have been with the company 18 yrs Nov 13! Wow who would have thought when I started as Christmas help 18 yrs ago I would be there this long? I work in a SuperTarget and mine is the busiest one in Indy. I work in the office and we are doing a lot of hiring now so I will be so busy for the next few months! I do Love my Job Target has been good to me all these years.

Hi SAMI ~ WoW - 18years! I have never seen a Super-Target, but do enjoy shopping at our store here. My only complaint ever with them is that they never order enough of the sale items! I can go on the day of that sale and their supply is already gone! I think it's whom-ever does the ordering... poor judgement in demand. Very frustrating... ya know.

I am so happy for you and your daily program and that you are doing so well! It really sounds like you have found the answer for you :) Just be careful not to stay too low for too long (I understand what you are doing in cleansing your body & isolating foods), because you body will think it is starving and you will actually gain weight, because your body will react and hold on to the fat thinking it is starving. I think you know what you are doing... just adding a voice of concern. Keep up the wonderful job!!! And keep us up-dated, you give me such motivation!!! I cannot wait to be well enough to get back into life again!

:bravo: KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB, SAMI!!!!!!!!!!

sami
10-28-2003, 08:14 AM
Hello I did it one Whole week OP!!!!!!! not one single cheat!!!!!! I am not even going to WI like I said until I go to the next size pants! I want it to be a big moment!

Ez-I am praying that you stay safe from the fires. My BIL and SIL just move from CA and the fires are a block away from where they lived! (Sometime losing your job is a good thing) My DH went to the Dr. last week and he is sending him to a hand speicalist he goes on Wensday morning. I really think he will need surgery.

Wilma-You are encouraging me to start working out! I have been hurting in my hips and knee's and lower back bad so I need to do something that won't make that worse (the weather has turned cold and damp and it makes me more achy) Have an OP day!

AmandaPanda-How is the no smoking going?

Mitchypoo-Sorry about your Vikings! And you do not complain to much we just really care alot about you!

SunnyD-WHere are you? We want our thread hog back LOL! No really I am worried about you.

I am praying for an OP day for all and safty for those who face danger!

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 08:17 AM
SAMI ~ I'm Here ;) We posted at the same time :lol:

So glad you miss your thread-hog :ink: :lol:

:cp: SO very HAPPY for you! Keep up the great job!! :cp:

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 08:34 AM
Sunny- So happy to hear mom is doing better, sure hope your up and feeling good soon, awful being sick.

Morning SUE ~ Yes, she was doing better -then... but I spoke to my MoM yesterday and she is in allot of pain now. To be expected but still so hard to bear, and my father is not caring for her like he should be. My DSI & DS have told me that daddy is treating her terribly. Saying things like "you slept all night, why are you sleeping all through the day too" (and that is not like my mom at all to sleep! She is very much a type A person! Always busy!) And when the phone rings he will not just get it and tell people she's resting - he just wakes her up and hands her the phone! I so wish I were well enough to fly!!!!!! My poor mom! When daddy was ill - she waited on him hand over fist, but now that she needs him... he doesn't know how to cope! How hard is it to have compassion for someone you say you love 'who needs you' - I just don't get it! As I said, "he thinks this world pivots on him!"

I am doing better everyday, but still not well enough to get back into life yet. As I told GARY... I am hoping to go back to CURVES on Monday. I just didn't want to go back and then stop again (like the last two Mondays!)! I want to go back completely well and stay this time (& my ankle is still very bruised also).

Thank you again for your love and concerns for me.
God Bless you!

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 08:41 AM
AMANDA ~:jig: I am cheering for you!!! You can do it!!! :jig:

Quitting after all this time must be so hard, but you have God at your side this time. And with him all things are possible!!! Yeah for you! :cp:

Prayers for you and your possible new job in Ireland!!
Blessings!

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 09:02 AM
Hey there WILMA ~ I am so glad to hear that you are still going to CURVES... I just cannot wait to get back into it again! I have missed it so much!!

It's been :rain: raining here also... be glad to send it to CA!! We are also getting cold temps - only 40*this morning - but it is suppose to get warmer by Thursday or Friday. I am hoping it gets nice enough for us to bundle up in our flannels and go work in the gardens - get them ready for winter! Still needs to be done and I have been too ill to go out during the week. And it's been wet & chilly. My pots still need to be emptied and plants need to by trimmed down, leaves... ... lots to be done. I look forward to getting outside!

You keep up the good work too!!!! I am so happy for you and SAMI :^: and soon hope to join in as well. I so want to go back. Take Care!!!

And MICHELE ~ How great is it that you are feeling so much better! I am so very happy for you... I hope it continues. So sorry about your VIKINGS though... but my BROWNS have been so much worse the last few games (is it the RAIDERS CURSE?! We have been doing terrible ever since we played them! :lol: Sorry GARY :lol: ) - I want to hide my eyes when I watch the games :lol:

Thank you so much for you DAILY DEVOTIONALS!!!! They have really helped me stay focus during this really dreary time of trying to get better. God Bless you!!!

Hi ANGEL ~ I bet you can really identify with those people in CA losing all their belongings and memories to the fires. My heart really goes out to them!

Prayers that you will soon hear from your lawyers and Ins. Co. so you can move on! What a shame the way they keep you dragging on... if it were them, I can guarantee you they would move so much faster for theirs!

SHERRY, SPROUT & JUDY (and anyone else I may have left out - not intended ;) ) - Thinking of you and hoping you will be in touch soon! Don't let too much time pass by before you touch base again - we miss you!!!

JUDY ~Where's our quotes :?:

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Pictures :)

Our new niece (I haven't seen yet :( Joe went to get pics for me! :) )
MIKALA ROSE - Born: 10-17-2003 - 8 lbs & 20.5" long.
Isn't she a doll?!

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Here's a better picture

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 09:21 AM
PS>>> GARY ~ We did get more pieces delivered for our living-room, but they were faulty pieces... so the table we got for behind the sofa is being replaced in November and the wedge in our sectional is being replaced - we found tears into the fabric after looking it over, they cut into it when they were unwrapping it! - and the recliner is also being replaced - faulty stiching in the back. They'll be here on Wednesday (that's tomorrow! :o )
Otherwise, everythng is just ducky here! :dizzy:

wilma12
10-28-2003, 09:49 AM
I trust everyone is off to a great start today. I haven't had breakfast yet so I am.:lol: I plan to have a bran muffin and cheese this a.m. I have packed a salad w/ham, a pear, an apple and yogurt for lunch. I'll let you know how dinner went.

Sami: You are my inspiration. I am going to start going sugarless TODAY. I am so proud of you. Have you ever gone to "jorgecruise.com"? He has a routine with weights that are easy on the joints. It might be a good place for you to get ideas. I really like the exercises he has and it takes only 8 minutes each day. Along with some walking-it's a good low impact workout.

Sunny: Lots of work to do!!! I had my yard cleaned out quite some time ago. I plan to rearrange some beds but that'll have to wait until spring. We have approx. 4 inches of snow on the ground. It's not supposed to stay but it probably will. Keep us posted with your WOE and exercise. We're here for you.

Well, gotta go to work. Have a wonderful day!

Mitchypoo
10-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Hi guys! :wave:

Gary~please let us know how you are doing in your area. It is just devastating what we are hearing and seeing about the fires. My parents are nearer the fires to the NE of LA and seem to be OK. Prayers for you all.

You guys are so sweet.....thanks for not allowing me to feel like a whiner. I appreciate the concern.

Trying to set daily goals again, started yesterday and failed miserably. :o Forgot that we girls at work were going to celebrate a birthday, i did ok though, had a nice chicken salad, but then a cousin invited me to dinner and i couldn't turn her down, needed to spend time w/her and my niece, but i had alfredo chicken and vegetable pasta. It was yummy, but not exactly low carb or calorie. Today will be better right?!

Sunny~so happy to hear you are taking care of yourself, and that niece is adorable! Love the name Mikala too.

Hello to all!

EZMONEY
10-28-2003, 10:55 AM
Not too much time to chat here before work but I wanted to let you all know things are still "safe" here for us. It is really getting smokey though!! As far as the reports go-- it is very conflicting around here from 1 local station to the next-- seems like they all want to be first to report FALSE STUFF lol. Anyway this a.m. the general report is approx. 900+ homes gone- 11 to 15 deaths and over 300,000 acreas in our fires combined. The biggest one is now not a danger tto homes at the moment but one of the other ones is becoming the most serious and a threat to a lot of homes. It all changes rapidly--- just like some of the reported causes-- this a.m. the officials are saying all the fires but 1 are under investigation-- our first big one started out a hiker, then a hunter with a flair, now they are saying a guy got lost from his buddy for 11 hours and started a fire-- it will probably change from that.

Well gotta go- I will post to you all later

Thank-you for the prayers! Gary

eisenj
10-28-2003, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone,

It is raining here in South Carolina. I can still wear shorts,but need to wear long sleeve tops. We usually put long pants on after halloween. Went to Judgement House saturday night with Laura. The theme this year was about solders who where friends. Two where saved two wheren't. It is a very emotional play. You walk through the play. There are different scenes in different parts of the church. They take you through judgment, **** and finally heaven. We had 70 people come forward to except Christ as there Savior. There are gown people that break down crying. Counselors are available and church staff. People of all denominations come. They do it as an alternative to haunted houses during halloween. We have so many people that get saved. Later they follow up with a visit ,to make sure they find a church family to guide them. ABC news staff came through two years ago. Their directors where impressed with all the volunteers and the impact on the community. Peter Jennings mentioned it on his special. Many communities in different states hold Judgement House. One year it was about a car accident, another year a fire , last year a teen that had malinoma. The whole church gets involved in some way.

please pray for my son he has bronchitis. I took him to the doctor yesterday. He is on three types of medicine.

SunnyD ~ Your neice is so cute. I'm glad your mom is home. Sorry to hear your dad has no compation and he is self focused. Your mom must be an angel to put up with that. Thank God she has someone like your DS and SIL to care for her needs. When my sister gave birth ,her husband got mad at her, because there was dust on the blinds. He wanted her to pull all the blinds down and clean them. Can you believe that! My dad after foot surgery insisted my mom crawl down the stairs to prepare him breakfast. Thats why I believe hospitals need to let patients stay in to recover. My husband took care of me after my kids were born. I had a c section for both. He prepared my meals and changed my dressings. He is a good man. Not all men are like our husbands or Gary. They need to grow up!!!!!! Or hit with a wet noodle!

Gary~ My prayers are with you. Please move if they evacuate. Your family is more important then your home or stuff. Have your bags ready. Take pictures, meds. , clothes, sleeping bags ,pillows and insurance info.. Also fill the car with gas. Did I forget anything gang? Your family is always welcome in my home. God will bless and protect.

Amanda~ I'm so proud of you quiting smoking. It is a hard habit to stop. You are on the road to a new you. Healthy and happy. Filled with joy and a love of the Lord. Now all you need is a new job. That will come too.

Michele~ I'm going out with the girls tonight. We go out once a month to celebrate one of our birthdays. The birthday girl gets to pick the location and we buy her dinner. Tonight is Tina's birthday she is turning 30. I know I won't be on program tonight.

got to go

"patience is a quality you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead." ( For SunnyD ) {{{hug}}}}

Amanda Panda
10-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Thanks to you all for your support and prayers. I am now on day 6 of not smoking!. My method of 'patches and prayer' seems to be working! This is the first time I've ever tried to give up and I am determined to succeed - if only to prove other people wrong when they say 'no one succeeds first time!'. Most of the time it is fine, but occaisionally I get a really strong craving and it also feels weird breaking the habit of smoking at cetain times. I feel good and really proud of myself for doing this.

WONDERFUL NEWS! I have got a job interview in Ireland!!!!. It is in Dublin, which isn't the exact place where we want to be, but the job sounds great - it is helping and counselling adults to find their birth families. It sounds very interesting and not as stressful as other forms of social work. I know Nigel is not keen on living in Dublin as it is very expensive, so I'll have to see. The interview is on Weds November 5th. I appreciate all of your prayers - I know how much you have been rooting for me. Thanks!

I'll keep you posted - any interview tips Sami????

Love Amanda xx

Mitchypoo
10-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Amanda! that is wonderful news regarding your interview. My advice would be to pray about it and go in there knowing that you are protected, if you are meant to have this job, you will. Go in there and be yourself and they'll see how valuable you are. And woohoo on the quitting smoking! I know you can do it!

I may be making final arrangement for a flight to CA for Christmas! I'm sooo excited!!

Angel-lover
10-28-2003, 09:26 PM
http://home.att.net/~scorh/Flower1l.gif...SunnyD...hope you're well soon. Yes, I'm praying very hard for all involved in the fires! My heart aches for them.

Gary...Please...keep yourself & family safe. Don't take any chances. We're all praying.

Thanks to all for the prayers for DH's back. He still has problems..but slowly recovering.
Praise-a-thon went well...I'm almost recovered from it!:lol:

Amanda...congratulations on the interview! I'll be praying for you.

Hope all of you have a wonderful week! http://www.gifs.net/animate/crossani.gif

EZMONEY
10-28-2003, 11:59 PM
Thank-you all for the prayers-- we are still not in any danger other than very poor air quality-- one of the fires near us took out a whole (small country town) today- about 100 homes-- it was up in the mountains- Cuyamaca, by Julian-- Michele knows where that is. So sad-- the whole southern part of our state is a big disaster. Angie and I would NEVER stay and try to save our home-- one thing about being Christians we know Jesus first- family next-- the rest isn't important in the big picture. A lot to do tonight-- see you in the morning.

IN HIS CARE- Gary

eisenj
10-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Hi friends,

I feel kinda blue today. I'm tiered of being fat. Also tiered of having no energy. No diet seems to work. I would love to be a size 10. When I see my self in a long lenght mirror I see an old fat ugly women. Sorry for being such a downer!!!!

~ Amanda~ I am so glad you got an interview. Does Dublin have any local towns that people travel from that is cheaper to live. For example New York city is way to expenive place to live , so most comute from New Jersey. I'll pray for a GREAT INTERVIEW.
- dress for success
- Smile
- research the job and company
- have one page resume
- be yourself
- make eye contact
- write a follow up thank you for interview

~Angel~ Was your praise-a-thon a fund raiser? Our local christan station is WAFJ. They do a great job. Around christmas they have the children sing songs. Most of them are 2-6 years old. They mess up the songs so bad ,but they are so...... cute. We realy look forward to their singing. It not christmas without those little ones singing. I laugh so hard.

dog (baby) is snoring next to me. Sometimes when she is dreaming in her sleep she starts barking and running. For the last two nights she woke up my husband at night. She is in the dog house(He is not happy with her.)

~Gary~ We are praying for your safty. Are there any friends or family in danger? Please lift the firefighters up in prayer. I'm sure they must be tiered and their families are worried about their safty. I have alot of respect for men/weman firefighters they put their lives on the line to protect us. They don't make a whole lot of money for all the work they do.

God we love you and we ask that you surround these men and weman with a hedge of protection. In Christ Jesus name Amen.

" although the tongue weighs very little, few people are able to hold it. "

" even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! " James 3: 5

Mitchypoo
10-29-2003, 08:42 AM
Judy~great scripture passages......makes you think. I'm sorry you are feeling down. I think we all have those days, i'm hoping today you feel better. :grouphug:

Gary~yes, i do know that area and I heard about Julian too, it seems it may burn also. That is one of my favorite places to visit. I love that store where they make apple cider and have all the dried nuts and candy. And there is a winery near there that I like. The aerial pictures are quite something. I'm so happy you and family are in no danger but i'm sure you have to constantly be attentive. My mother is surrounded by it practically, in the west in Simi Valley, Northeast in LaVerne, and San Bernardino and Riverside County and all the way down in to the south to San Diego and down to Mexico border. It's really a tragedy. You are right, it's the people who are affected that are a tragedy, not the houses or items lost. My friend here in MN said, "Why don't your parents leave the city to get away from the fires?", and i explained that he didn't realize how big an area it is, and where would they go?

They are getting lots of snow up north, but we haven't seen any yet. That's fine w/me. I'm not looking forwad to it. So i've got to change my attitude. Might as well embrace it since it's sure to be a reality here soon.

Have to get ready for work.

wilma12
10-29-2003, 10:11 AM
It's sounds like a dreary day for some of us. I had someone at work say something that upset me and I woke up in the night thinking about it. I need to change my attitude because I know where it came from.

Judy: I know exactly how you feel. The important thing to remember is that God made you and He doesn't make junk. I'mpraying for you.

Gary: I saw more on the fires in the news yesterday. So devastating. I'm praying that they get the fires under control SOON!

Michele: I hope you have a good day today. Let us know how the WOE is going.

Amanda: Congrats on the job interview. Hope it goes well for you.

Hello to everyone else. I'm praying for an OP day for each of us.

EZMONEY
10-29-2003, 02:56 PM
HI LADIES ;)

Hope this finds you all well! Things are better (?) here today. The air is much better to breath due to the winds coming in from the coast and moist air-- however, the winds could blow the fires in another direction-- time will tell. Over 5,000 firemen out there-- in our area now there are 12 confirmed deaths, 1,000 lost homes at least and over 300,000 acreas gone. There are a lot of conflicting reports on the news-- plus the confusion between San Diego area fires and Los Angeles area fires-- all are devastating.
Some of the questions people from other areas are asking us is how they can burn so much land--- in California, for those that don't know-- you can go from the beach on Pacific Ocean to the desert to the mountains all in less than 50 miles-- one area from another just intertwines and changes rapidly-- people living in the mountains- out in the middle of nowhere-- can be in the city in 30 minutes (without traffic) In between all of these low populated areas are thousands of homes. The way these fires are going with the winds they skip over freeways and continue through tracks of homes-- normally the fire stops at the road. One of our fires here is the largest ever in our state. Some of the fires are combining too. As Michele mentioned about her parents, to my north, they are and we are (except for the ocean side) surrounded by the fires yet we feel fairly safe because they are not moving towards us at the moment-- and Angie and I are still at least 10-15 miles away from the nearest one-- with a lot of freeway in between. I have friends a lot closer but so far no lost homes.

I am off today so I could take my nephew to the doctor for his yearly check-up. Today is his 13th birthday-- he checked out just fine, had a few shots and we went to the lab for urine and blood samples-- he is getting ready to spend the rest of the day with his mom. We will have ice cream and cake tomorrow with him-- already gave him a new movie he wanted.

Well I have errands to run.

Thank you all for your prayers and I will be back later.

SunnyD57
10-29-2003, 06:58 PM
GARY ~ Thanks for staying in touch about all the fires in Ca... how very sad this all is. They are saying that the fires have destroyed enough land to equal the size of either Rhode Island or New Hampshire (can't remember)... That's allot of land!!!! All those homes and lives gone, just cannot imagine. It sure makes you count your Blessings! My continued prayers for you, your family in safety and for all those that have been though so much sorrow and loss!

On a brighter note --------------- :hb: "HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY, RON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

WILMA ~ Yard-work... Yes! Tons of work to do, but they are forecasting 70* temps for this Saturday so at least that will be cooperative with us. It is suppose to go up into the 60's tomorrow - yeahhhhhh. It will be so nice to see the sun and some warmer temps. I always feel better with the sunshine. I get melancholy when it's cloudy or dark... and that's about 7 months out of the year here! I would love more sunshine, but if I stay here gotta take the cloudy days. That's why I do allot of crafty things - it keeps me busy, so I don't spend too much time thinking about it. My DS told me that they got some snow in Maine... it's been pretty darn cold here already, but no snow yet thank goodness.

MICHELE ~ You going to see Gary & Angie in Ca when you go??? That would be cool, huh. Would you be visiting family??

My niece IS adorable - huh - teeheehee. I cannot wait to go see her and hold her. Joe has been there twice already to visit, I'm jealous! I agree Mikala a beautiful name... her middle name - ROSE - is after grandma on her daddy's side. As far as the weather goes, that's what I do too - embrace it. Otherwise it will make you bonkers. I just find projects that have been on the back burner all summer and fill my days with them. Speaking of projects... I made like 11 cards today and cleaned out the spare-room that I have needed to clean out for months! So I feel real accomplished! And I am feeling so much better!!!!! Like myself again - YOU too????

SunnyD57
10-29-2003, 07:02 PM
JUDY ~ Awwwwe, sweetie --- I am sorry you are blue today. Thank you for our quotes and scripture!!! I sure did miss hearing from you. I went through the blues last week real bad because of being sick for so long, couldn't imagine having to live with illness all the time like SPROUT and ANGEL do. Are you sleeping okay??? Is that machine working for you or are you getting frustrated? If you are... have you called anyone to lend a helping hand or get your questions answered? Remember, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil... so if you need to have things adjusted so your life is better - don't forget to ask, okay.

I know what you mean about being fat! Me too - hate it! But I do think I have lost a bit of poundage during this last three weeks being ill. I have to watch what I eat, so I can get well again. I am looking forward to seeing what I weigh-in at when I go to Curves again on Monday (11-3). Sure hope that I am not hit in the face with disappointment! GARY - is probably right, we should throw our scales away, but I don't have one now in the house and so I don't weigh myself everyday like before, but do need to at least touch base with reality to keep in touch with what I have to lose. You know what I mean? Cheer-up JUDY... we must remember that when we go to meet the Lord we will have our perfect bodies and that will be a glorious day, because our bodies won't even be on our minds anymore - all that will fill our minds & hearts will be "what we can do for our Lord!!" Is that COOL or what!?!
One day at a time... (((Huge-gentle-warm-HUGS)))

Oh and Thank-you so much for sharing about Judgement House... I have heard of that before and have seen it. It is wonderful that over 70 people have come to the Lord. What an experience! Prayers for your son --- is he feeling any better today?

Glad that you enjoyed the picture of my niece - she looks so darn precious, I could just kiss her little face all over. So very precious! Cannot wait to see her and her family and share in the Joy with them.

Oh JUDY --- My Mom is doing so much better, she even typed me a note today with her left hand. So wonderful. And my Daddy went to his counselor yesterday and everyone said he is treating my mom so much better (guess he got allot off his chest - he's in allot of pain also). Even my Mom told me not to worry about him - she knows he cannot handle life too well since the wars and is very understanding. She knows him better then I do and has to live with him. She knows best... and if she's okay - I'm okay. I asked her if she wanted me to come and visit and lend a hand and she was like "nono, I honey - I am fine". So I feel better that all is well with them both. My DS has been going over there every night to rub her legs and feet with lotions to relax her - my DS is so Precious! I just am so Blessed to have my Joe, cuz he is very caring like you described your hubby... Joe is & has been always there for me.

SunnyD57
10-29-2003, 07:10 PM
AMANDA ~ It IS wonderful news! You have my prayers always ~ especially that you hear & are open to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will guide and direct you in all aspects of your life - all you need do is ask. I so wish you well!!!!!!!! Keep us informed!

ANGEL ~ Thank-you so much! I am feeling so much better!!!!! It feels good to feel my health coming back. I am very tired right now, but I think it's because I had a very busy day today and it was my first 'active' day in weeks! Joe stopped home just as the furniture was being delivered - I was so glad to see him! - and all the pieces that were delivered were great. So everything but the behind the sofa-table is replaced and all in good shape. We should get that sofa-table by the second week of November. As long as it is all set for the holidays. How are you feeling? I know you got a treatment not too long ago. Also glad to hear that the Praise-a-thon went so well. How's the hubby???

Well, that's about all I have time for... I think I have written a novel here - :lol: Thread Hog :ink: strikes again :lol: Time for me to get dinner made.

Later... ...
:sunny:

Mitchypoo
10-29-2003, 09:54 PM
Happy Birthday Ron!!!! :balloons: :bc: Enjoy your day!

Sunny~it'd be a lot of fun to see Gary and Angie, will have to see what they are up to. It will be a fairly quick trip and there are so many friends and family to see. It seems i always make someone angry or sad i wasn't able to see them. And now i kind of got myself in a pickle. My friend Byron wants to go and it'll be fine but i'll also have to entertain him a bit. I'm not sure i want to deal w/the questions cuz we are JUST FRIENDS, and i know it'll be fun w/him but we'll see what happens.

I finished a double-long italian knit scarf tonight that my boss ordered! It's really beautiful (if i do say so myself :o ) it's in these beautiful autumn gold and orange and brown colors. I hope she likes it. I'm starting another red one. Have 3 more to make. It's helping me to make some extra Christmas money.

I'm tired tonight, i'm going to bed early.

eisenj
10-30-2003, 08:15 AM
Hi friends,

Sorry I was so down yesterday.I felt better after my bible study. We are studing about Paul. Philippians4:1-9 It was about finding peace and joy. I got a new Quote one of the ladies gave me. " Joy is the flag that flies from the heart when Christ is in residence in you." Pslams !9:7-9

The laws of the Lord is perfect; it gives new strengh.
The commands of the Lord are trustworthy,
giving wisdom to those who lack it.
The laws of the Lord are right,
and those who obey them are happy.
The commands of the Lord are just
and give understanding to the mind;
The worship of the Lord is good;
It will continue forever.
The judgement of the Lord are just;
they are always fair.

Paul was satisfied in all situations because he focused on God. He had never been in need. His additude was right. He had joy and peace and contentment even in the worst of times. I know many of you have gone through tough trials. Satan pulls me down at times. I have no reason for feeling the way I do. God made me beautiful just the way I am. He knows my struggles. I need to call upon him for strength.

~SunnyD~ I'm glad your dad knows he needs help. Thats a great step. He married a lovely lady who knows his strengths and weakness. Who are we to judge when we all fall short of the glory of God.

I go see my doctor today about my c-pap machine. I have been pulling the mask off my face about 3 Am every morning. That may be why I'm moody I don't know. I really think I need to get away to a quiet place to talk to the Lord about where I need to be in my life. The weight is only secondary. I love my family and husband I just feel empty.

Angel-lover
10-30-2003, 09:34 AM
EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD DAY!!http://coolclips.com/religion/christian/images/christian_reli0087_NVTech.com.gif

An angel is someone you feel like you've known forever, even though you've just met.
Angels are never too distant to hear you.

The sound of an angel's voice can unlock your hidden feelings.

Angels often work behind the scenes.

Sometimes your best friend is actually a guardian angel in disguise.

Angels hide nothing and see everything.

We've never had to look far to find our angels. Angels have never really been out of reach. We can always discover angels from the inside-out, because it is the angel inside us who can point the way to all our other angels.

An angel can fly directly into the heart of the matter.

A house call from an angel can heal a broken heart.

Angels may not come when you call them, but they'll always be there when you need them.

Angels encourage everyone in the right direction...up.

Angels say "halo" to everyone.

A gathering of angels can enlighten the whole world.

Angels are bright lights in the midst of our lives.

Angels occupy the loveliest corners of our thoughts.

Angels paint with sound and sing with color.

Angels like to do what they want, just for the heaven of it.

Angels always try to paint a rosy picture.

Angels have more meaning than just as characters in stories from the distant past. In fact, they are members of a cast who make appearances in our lives every single day.

Angels have a hidden agenda....LOVE.

While we are sleeping, angels have conversations with our souls.

Angels dream beautiful visions of the world.

An angel's love is weightless.

The warmth of an angel's light can comfort and illuminate the whole world.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
--- Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Angels are students in Heaven and teachers on Earth.

There are often people nearby who want to pull you up when you reach out. These are your angels-in-waiting.

Angels come in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Angels always lead you down the right path.

An angel is someone you're always happy to bump into.

An angel is someone who helps you believe in miracles again. And that is a FRIEND, LOVER, CHILD.

Angels stay on top of things.

Angels walk softly and carry a big presence.

Angels travel lightly.

Angels promote closeness and foster tenderness.

Angels don't make too much noise when they flap their wings.

Angels know how to pull the right strings.

Angels don't sing the blues.

An angel's art is his heart.

Angels are always memorable because they never forget what really matters.

Angels can't read music, they wing it.

Angels can fly even though they are well grounded.

Anyone who helps you grow is an angel.

Angels are the gatekeepers to the soul.

Smiles are the next best thing to halos.

Angels and ministers of grace defend us. -- William Shakespeare

Angels don't run away from life, they fly towards it.

Angels are very down to earth.

Angels know how to light the way.

If we were all like angels, the world would be a heavenly place.

Angels of a feather, flock together.

An angel is someone who raises your spirits! A TRUE FRIEND

An angel is a heavenly host.

The sky is the limit to an angel.

Angels believe in miracles. I say Angels ARE Miracles.

An angel is someone who brings out the angel in you. Maybe a Friend a Lover or a child.

Everyone has their own angel.

An angel appears to be just like everybody else, only more so.

Anyone can be an angel... to you.

We are all angels in training.

You don't have to die to become an angel.

There are no strangers to an angel.

The sweet souls who love, cherish, inspire and protect the angel in you are your guardian angels. They are your Friends and Family.

ANGELS
Angels are the guardians of hope and wonder, the keepers of magic and dreams. Wherever there is love, an angel is flying by. Your guardian angel knows you inside and out, and loves you just the way you are. Angels keep it simple and always travel light. Remember to leave space in your relationships so the angels have room to play. Your guardian angel helps you find a place when you feel there is no place to go. Whenever you feel lonely, a special angel drops in for tea. Angels are with you every step of the way and help you soar with amazing grace. After all, we are angels in training; all we have to do is spread our wings and fly!

doitforme
10-30-2003, 09:37 AM
Sorry to hear your still not up to par Judy. I think you should talk to your primary Dr. as well, and see if he has any suggestions for help, maybe a mild antidepresant would help, there are several people that need just a little and it makes a world of difference, and there is no shame in it. My brother is on paxil, which is for panic attacks, without it he can't function just a thought will keep you in my prayers. How is your son doing better I hope. This is the first time I have heard of Judgement House, but that sounds awesome, and to have that many people profess Christ, you must be doing something right. My pastor has been preaching in James about the tongue, and tis so true. I am talking away and suddenly relize I am gossiping, nothing really bad, just general conversation, But now catch myself and feel bad.
Gary- Happy B-day to nephew. glad to hear you and your family are safe. it is scary. I know imagine, me sending weather to Ca. That would be a switch. Thanks for the chuckle!
Amanda- CONGRATS ON NOT SMOKING- WAY TO GO if this is the right job, pray thatit works out.

doitforme
10-30-2003, 09:41 AM
Wilma- Sorry your getting snow all ready! I would rather rain then snow, don't have to shovel ha ha ha.
Sunny sorry to hear about your mom, good to hear dad is doing better. Pray ankle continues to heal. bet your excited new furniture finally in. Your niece is beautiful and I agree a great name. so pretty. She has chubby little cheeks.
Mitchy- So happy to hear your feeling better know what you mean your intentions are good then you falter. Going home for Christmas sounds exciting. listen gotta run, will come back later. bye

Mitchypoo
10-30-2003, 04:49 PM
I just heard that my Uncle Rolland in Georgia has to have open heart emergency surgery tomorrow a.m. He has 2 blocks arteries and the Dr. said he could have died at any time. It's very serious. And he was going to get in his car on Sat. and drive from GA to CA and NV to visit my folks and his kids. I'm thankful nothing happened on his trip. Please keep him in prayer.............

EZMONEY
10-30-2003, 08:06 PM
HI EVERYONE-- well as you probably have heard one fireman died and a couple of others were burned pretty good. Please add them and their families to your prayer list. Otherwise they are getting a handle on the fires and at the present no one is in (other than the fire fighters) danger around here-- now then if the winds change, well, it could get ugly again.

Having a birthday party here tonight for my nephew so I promise to post to all of you Friday.... oops! Angie and I are working at the Halloween party at Ron's school-- serving hot dogs, etc. to help raise funds for his Washington D.C. trip friday night... so maybe I will have to wait until this week-end-- BOY WORK SURE GETS IN THE WAY OF MY POSTING lol.

Gotta go- Gary

PRAYERS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR CONCERNS!!!!!

eisenj
10-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Hi Michele~ what time is your uncles surgery so I can pray during the surgery?

Mitchypoo
10-30-2003, 10:04 PM
Judy~I don't know what time, but if i find out i'll let you know. But thank you so much. I'm going to let his children know that people all over are praying for him. I just know that it's suppose to be in the a.m. on Georgia time.

Michele

sprout
10-30-2003, 11:20 PM
I really haven't gotten lost -- just have been under the weather for awhile -- and it seems that it is going to be on going for some time yet!! Oh, to have some strength, not all this discomfort, and just to feel better -- Lord willing this will happen soon.

Doctor is suggesting possible surgery -- caused from the radiation. But we are putting it on hold as it is not a nice operation so we are taking some time to see if things will settle down to being more bearable.

Weight: did not reach my mini goal for October but possibly if I focus better I will be able to make both October and November goals by November 30!! Have lost a total of 21 pounds so at least some of it has been released

Walking: made my goal to 650 miles walked by October 31 -- completed it today. Next goal is to reach 700 miles walked by December 24 2003 -- I know I am going to be able to do this!

Having difficulty sitting very long so have to make this short and sweet -- thinking of you all and trying to catch up on the missed posts .

SunnyD57
10-30-2003, 11:36 PM
MICHELE ~ I too will be keeping your Uncle in my prayers... that is a very serious surgery.
I will lift up the surgeon as well.
God will be with them all - through our prayers!
Please keep us informed...

http://angelwinks.net/images/iq/qcangelbearonmoon1.jpg

eisenj
10-31-2003, 07:58 AM
Hi everyone,

My sister is coming for Thankgiving and maybe Christmas too. I am tring to talk her into driving up Christmas and going back home with me. Then I can fly home in a couple days. Tickets from Gulfport to Atlanta aren't bad, but to Augusta or Columbia South Carolina is alot of money!!!!!!! I don't know if Paul wants to drive acouple hours to pick me up. I told him this is what I want for my Christmas present. I really miss my family.

Today is Halloween. The holiday the schools love to celebrate. We are not aloud to celebrate Christmas ,because it up sets people of other faiths but hallween ( a pagon faith is practiced). The Harry Potter books are read in the elementary schools but the Bible is not aloud. Does this make sence to you? I have tried to get creation taught in the schools along side of evalution so the children have a balance view but no..............thats not aloud. We are living in some difficult times. The Ten Commandments are removed from a public court area and a judge who stands up for what this country was based on is removed. The Pledge of Allegiance " one country under God" is the next to be axed. When are we going to make a stand. The schools teach that same sex marriages are ok, because its an alternative life style. We all want to be tolerant of others. What happened about calling it sin. This is our future generation being taught this trash. A preacher We once had said," If you take a frog and trough him into a pot ( sin) he would jump out. If you put him in a cold pot and slowly turn up the heat he stays till he is cooked." This is what satan is doing. He is cooking us slowly. What we do today would never have been tolerated just a few years ago.Watch the trash on TV. Every show has a gay person in it . Sex is freely showed. Britney Spears kisses Madonna in a sexual way. This women who is an ideal to pre teens. They laugh about it. They try to push the envelop a little further. Why!!!!!! Because satan is using the media to further his cause. How hot is that pot getting?

SunnyD57
10-31-2003, 08:27 AM
:flow1: GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JUDY! My husband uses that "frog and the pot" story allot... it is so true! I couldn't have said it better myself!

I am so happy for you that your DS is coming for a visit... I too miss my family so very much!!

Today... Joe is off work and we are spending it outside. We have allot of work to do getting the yard ready for winter. And I am looking forward to getting outdoors! I took a stroll with my buddy on my shoulder (Guido) and got the morning paper and it feels just wonderful outside... in the 60's! It is suppose to reach 75* today and it did reach 70* yesterday - so nice with the color of the leaves blowing up in the wind!

My girlfriend, Peggy, came by to pay me a visit with lunch in hand - it was so nice seeing her and catching up... made for a great afternoon to early evening.

You all have a Wonderful Weekend, in case I don't make it back on. Monday I begin my Curves again! I cannot wait to get back into it. I'll be in touch.

Take Care fellow CEr's and
Have a Wonderful Day in the Lord!

wilma12
10-31-2003, 09:46 AM
I woke up with a headache this morning so I didn't go to Curves. It's one of those wonderful monthly ones that don't go away. And tonight is Halloween and it's the first time in years that we hand out treats. We've always lived in the country and haven't had to. It'll be fun!

I would like to address each one of you separately but I can't even think straight right now. I am praying for you and the needs requested. I am also praying for an OP day for everyone.

SunnyD57
10-31-2003, 10:13 AM
Hello WILMA ~ I am so very sorry to hear that you such a bad headache -
I hope you feel better real soon!!!
http://angelwinks.net/images/generalpod/generalpod1176.jpg

Joe & I never did celebrate 'Halloween' ourselves, just put up a cornstalk and put out pumpkins for Thanksgiving mostly (I love Thanksgiving!!!)... but we did have candy for the children that came by last night. Treats were handed out last night rather then tonight because there are allot of HS football games on Friday's. Big games! I enjoyed seeing the few children that came to our door - they were little. One was dressed as an ANGEL ;) and another as a LADYBUG ~ so adorable.

Well, I must be going... have a very busy day today!
Hope you have a better DAY!!!

SunnyD57
10-31-2003, 10:21 AM
PS>>> :hb: It's my mother's 66th Birthday today!!!
Just had to share the Joy of the day she was born!!!

Angel-lover
10-31-2003, 10:25 AM
http://www.artbycheryl.com/libs2k/holiday/halloween/halloween-0018.gif I HOPE ALL THE KIDDIES STAY SAFE TONIGHT!!

I AM REMEMBERING ALL IN PRAYER....READ SEVERAL NEW P0STS THIS MORNING NEEDING PRAYER! GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

SunnyD57
10-31-2003, 10:43 AM
SPROUT ~ So good to hear from you! Somehow I missed your post, but so sorry you are not doing well.

Here are some loves & hugs & prayers that you will feel better soon if not physically maybe emotionally ;)

http://members1.chello.nl/~j.faessen/images/bear1.gif

sami
10-31-2003, 12:58 PM
Hello to all sorry I have been gone so long but my password got booted out and I couldn't find it. But now I found it and I am back! I have made almost another week OP! Next week I am going to make a bold move I am going to cut my Diet cokes down to no more than two a day (I LOVE diet coke) That way I will up my water. And I have been doing about 15-30 minutes workout and I am going to start pushing myself a little harder.

Judy-I know how you feel about the weight. I have been trying so hard I really wanted to lose before my DD wedding and I did lose some but the day came and I wasn't where I wanted to be. about 3 weeks ago my boss lost a bet and had to wear a dress we dressed him up real ugly and he had to walk around the store then he had his picture take with diffrent team members. I had my picture taken with him and they blew it up and posted it. When I walked in I was looking at the picture and I realized that was me in the picture. I was shocked! That was a turning point for me. You need to turn the neg into a postive. And we all know what your going through and we are here for you.

Wilma-I pray that you are feeling better. I know you hate missing curves.

Mitchy-I am praying for your uncle! God is so good that nothing happen to him durning the trip. keep us posted.

Angel-lover-I have an angel story. One day I stopped to get gas and I walked around the back of my van at the same time a big truck came speeding by (he was cutting through to avoid the light) I stepped out in front of the truck and I felt something push me in my chest backward and I felt my nose so close to the truck I could feel it. the man stopped and ran over to me he was almost in tears because he thought he hit me and I was standing there in shock! He keep saying are you Ok. I was fine but I could still feel where (my angel)hand had been and pushed me back. If I would have been hit I would have been killed and it would have happen in front of my kids.

Sprout-You have been through so much my heart goes out to you. Keep us posted we really care about you and your family.

Amanda-I think Judy gave you some good advice. One thing I will tell you is not to talk to much. I always let people ramble a little and they end up telling on themselfs. They end up telling if they have missed a lot of work/school if they bad mouth thier old boss thats not good because most of the time means they are trouble makers. Just be yourself show what a postive person you would be for the company. And example when I was transfering to a new store I had to interview for the postion. At the time I had limited Avail I came in at 4.30 after my husband got home. I went through the interview and at the end they ask me if there was anything I wanted to add and I said Yes I know my avail is limited but the reason I work at that time is because I have 6 kids and I need to be there for them but what it means to the company is I never call in because even if my kids are sick my husband will be home with them and I know when I walk into the door I need to give 125% because you have worked around my avail. I got the job!

Ez-Have fun tonight our church use to do the parties but when I had to stop being in charge no one would take my place. I pray the fire will be out soon! my heart goes out to all the people who have lost love ones and homes!

SunnyD-The baby is so cute!!!! How are you feeling? When I go through periods like this I say I fallen and I can't get up! The weather is much better today. It is crazy weather here!

Sue-Is it your weekend off? How is the weather there? I heard that milk around here is going up over 1.00 a gallon! I hope you have a great weekend.

Well my kids are off and if I want to get things done I better go (and watch the candy for tonight or they will eat it all)

wilma12
11-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Just a quick note before I start my day. I feel much better today and need to get lots done.

My guys handed out treats last night. I bought enough for 125 kids and guess how many came? FOUR!!! The guys are pretty happy about all the chocolate bars they can eat.

Sami: You are doing so well. I need some of your willpower. :lol:

Sunny: Thank you so much for the cute pic. The dog we had to leave behind looked like that when she was a pup.

Well, gotta go. The house needs cleaning and the baking needs to be done too.

Have a super day!

Mitchypoo
11-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Hello all! :wave:

It's been a wonderful day! We had our whole day retreat today for Alpha. We call it the Holy Spirit Day and it truly was Spirit filled! The fellowship and the prayer and the talks and the relationships you develop are really amazing. We had a really wonderful prayer ministry tonight and i was so amazed and and I didn't even feel anxious about it! I almost didn't make it cuz i was feeling like I had the flu all day yesterday and my back has been really bad. I went to bed around 7 pm last night and this a.m. i didn't feel like the flu but i could hardly get out of bed. I kept thinking i'd have to stay home but i pushed and i'm so glad i did. I was meant to be there today, even though my back was not great, it was worth it.

My uncle came through the surgery just fine, although instead of a double by-pass it turned into a quadruple! I haven't heard any more about him but i'll let you know. The prayers are much appreciated!

Going to get in the tub and relax and get to bed early.

sami
11-02-2003, 10:27 AM
Hello I pray all are doing well this Sunday morning. I am not feeling well at all and staying home from church. I am in alot of pain in my hips and legs and back. I know I have arthritis and the workouts I am doing will help but I haven't got to that point yet and with the weather turning colder I am real stiff and in pain. The good news is my stomach has been a lot better I had two attacks this week and both days I missed a dose of meds. I have something other than IBS wrong with my stomach and I have found that breaking up my meals so that I am eating a little bit at a time has helped alot. And the good news is I already have gotten into a pair of pants that were too tight just a few weeks ago. I will WI when I reach my goal of a pair of pants that I bought and really like but can't fit into yet.

Mitchypoo-I am feeling your pain! I was up all night sat because of the pain in my legs and back. (and I took my bexta and pain meds) Do you notice that weather makes you feel worse? I pray you are feeling better.

Wilma-I really don't have will power I did give in and have 3
snack size candy bars on Friday but I counted them. I think I have reached that point in life where I am sick and tired of being sick and tired! With the wedding getting out and having fun with friends I haven't seen in awhile made me want my life back. (and the fact that I saw a picture of me and didn't realize it was me) I use to be involved in so many things and always had projects going at home to fix my house up like a show place. But in the last two years I have felt so bad I have a hard time doing anything phycial. I am here for you. And I know you can do this you are so much support for me and I thank you for that. I am praying for you to have an OP day.

SunnyD-How are you feeling? I am glad your Mom is doing well. I borrowed a scanner and we will see if I can get some pictures sent or put on.

Ez-how did the party go? Molli has a birthday comming up soon. I not sure if I will do a party or just a family thing.

Angel lover-How are you feeling with the weather changing to cold? Praying that you are feeling better.

Judy-How are you? I hope your not feeling down today. I think we all have been through that and we feel your pain. Just take it one meal at a time! The hardest part is the fact that it takes time for the weight to come off and we give up because we don't see results as quick as we want. We are here for you and I am praying for you to have an OP day.

Sue-I am praying you have an OP day!

amanda-How is the no smoking going? I know it is tough I also smoked for several years but have been smoke free (both my husband and I) for 17 years! You can do it! Blessing on you interview!

Blessing to all I am praying for an OP day!

Mitchypoo
11-02-2003, 11:43 AM
Sami~reading your post just made a lightbulb go off. Maybe i'm having some arthritis? The weather is getting cooler and i know i have some arthritis in my hips and the pain is different this time. I'm going to try taking an aspirin and see if it helps at all. Naprosyn and Ibuprofen are not really helping. I'm still really hurting but can walk around. A friend wants to get together today and i'm not sure i should. Perhaps i should just take it easy.

I hope you are feeling better soon, Sami. I think you are right too, the exercise should help in the long run.

EZMONEY
11-02-2003, 03:34 PM
HELLO-HELLO-HELLO :wave:

How is everyone doing? Sorry I haven't been here much but we have been really busy the last few days. First things first--Thanks to all of you for your prayers and concerns with our fires here-- they are almost all out, so far 20 deaths I believe, which in itself is a miracle because of all the damage done, and the amount of area the fires covered. Also thank you for the B-day wishes for Ron.

Angie and I just got back from the street fair-- it is the biggest (?) in the country they claim-- over 900 booths and over 90,000 visitors-- that is all in 1 day-- we have it twice a year. We go at least once each year. We get to the town which is only 8 minutes away, eat breakfast at a little place by the beach then RUN through the booths before the big crowds come-- we usually arrive at 7 and leave at 10-- spent only $40 and that included the $20 for dinner!! And had a great time with my wife!! And the bonus now-- I can watch football the rest of the day and not be in trouble :D

Went to church last night because it was Ron's first time acolyting-- I had to ring the bell (All Saints Day) for the dead-- as long as I can do things in the back of the church or in the choir loft I am OK-- hate being in front of people if I am speaking-- Years ago I had really long hair and a beard-- the church always had me play Jesus at Easter and Christmas-- no problem!! AS LONG AS I DIDN'T HAVE A SPEAKING PART!! They haven't asked me in a few years-- Angie says that Jesus wasn't bald and fat like I am-- naw... that couldn't be it:lol:

The Halloween party went well, sold a ton of hot dogs and chili-- I think we raised close to $500.00 for the kids trip to Washington D.C. Had a great "safe" time too. I kept scaring the kids with my costume-- I went as an old-bald-fat guy:lol: Costume was free.

MICHELE-- Sorry to hear of your flu or arthiritis problem with your back--Big game for your Vikings tonight! I could never figure out how you mid-westerners and east coasters stay up for these games-- they are over at 9 or so here and that is late enough! My Raiders are playing now but they are not on tv- the Chargers are and I could care less about them, as long as they lose it is cool with me! Glad to hear your Uncle's back surgery went well.

MARILYN- I hope you feel better soon-- congrats on your walking!!

AMANDA- Keep up the good work with the not smoking!!

EZMONEY
11-02-2003, 04:11 PM
WILMA- We had enogh candy for 100-- my son had 6 kids show up! My house is on a corner with a retirement area to my left-- they don't hand out candy-- so the kids just don't bother to cross the street to get what we have sometimes-- you just never know-- I have been here for 24 years and have had 0-75 kids on any given Halloween-- hard to figure the candy! I hope you are well and back to your exercises at Curves by now. Keep those boys out of the candy-- what do you mean it's too late:lol:

SUNNYD Happy late birthday for your mom!! She is the same age as mine. They cancelled all the football games in our county for the bad air from the fires. My alma mater had their homecoming dance and game postponed. With about 20 high schools in our immediate area you really have to plan for dinner reservations etc-- for the big dances like homecoming and prom. My step-daughter had her homecoming last week so she was OK but my niece goes to my alma mater so she will have to wait awhile now. Did you and Joe finish the yard work for winter?

ANGEL Did those grandkids eat you out of house and home on the candy for Halloween? How are things in Iraq for your sil. Prayers for the rebuilding process in your home and Iraq.

SAMI- Sorry about the pain inyour legs and hip-- I have hip pain from work every now and then and just hate it. I am sure the cold does not help, as you say, either-- chili weather!! Around here the kids are always saying "NOT CHILI AGAIN! dad!" It is a good thing to be sick of being sick and tired (especially if you can change some of it!) It is a slow process- do not give up--EVER!! How old is Molli going to be? Ron turned 13 but with the fires and school out we just had family over for ice cream and cake-- it was nice- the main thing for Ron was the loot:lol: Good luck with the coming week and the success you are going to expierience-- don't be a snob:lol:

JUDY I hear you on the frustration in the public schools and TV-- I just finished an article on I LOVE LUCY-- they couldn't even say pregnant on TV in the 50's (which is an extreme also) Lucy got hate mail for being pregnant on TV-- boy have things changed-- and not always for the good.
I think we need to be tolerant of the same sex marriage and alternative lifestyle as Christians-- but of course disagree with it! The same with freedom of choice for people-- as a Christian we have to be in a position to voice without turning people away- otherwise they won't hear our message.
I think speration of church and state is a good thing-- I don't want my children being taught what I mentioned above, however, I do not want them being taught about Christ by someone that isn't a christian either. There are many that claim to be christians that aren't according to the bible. It is a difficult situation. My kids are in college now, they were in christian school until 8th grade and have always been in church-- my daughter is even in a christian college-- but the things they say are being taught in some of their classes are not from Christ-- my daughter is amazed that a few of her proff's are able to teach there. You just need to give them that foundation at home that's for sure.

SUE- How is the weather in NY-- brrrr. Hope you had a few days of rest before getting back to work--or were you doing another double shift!! Hope all is well.

Well gotta head off to the recliner before angie thinks of something for me to do!!

IN CHRIST-Gary

Angel-lover
11-03-2003, 07:48 AM
Good Monday morning everyone. Hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was quite nice. Had beautiful weather. Afraid it's going to be changing soon. I'll look on the bright side...I'll get to wear my new suede jacket!

Gary...our grands were so cute!! I don't really like Halloween...but, DO like to see the little ones dressed up & having fun.
SIL is safe, for now. Had a terrible thing happen yesterday. I suppose most of you saw the news, where the helicopter was shot down. Those soldiers were all headed home for a couple of weeks of rest. They had drawn names to see who would get to go home. We were sad that we received word of our SIL losing out. Then, yesterday, found out he probably would have been on that helicopter! I feel so bad for their families. I cried most of yesterday. Just seems so unfair! There was 15 killed & 21 seriously injured.
A lady at church was told her grandson was on the helicopter...we all prayed all day. The family finally got a call from him, letting them know he wasn't on it. Everyone, please, just keep praying. SIL's dad will have to go also. He's retired from the army, & in the reserves. Got his call, & is taking classes, now. It was a surprise to everyone, for him to go!

Mitchypoo...sounds like arthritis to me. I have osterarthritis in my back, legs, arms, etc, from car accident in '83. When weather gets colder...I hurt worse. Nothing to do, but stay as warm as possible, & take meds.

Sami...hope you're feeling better. I guess I already answered your question about the cold weather. Yes, it really effects me. I think it's making my RA quite a bit worse, also. Kinda worries me, as to how bad I might get this winter.
Congratulations on those looser clothes! I keep buying clothes that are too large for me, & having to go exhange them. Can't get used to knowing I wear a smaller size. Went from tight 14 to 8 & 10.:)

Hello to all....have a great week.http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/grchgr1.gif

Mitchypoo
11-03-2003, 10:24 AM
Woke up to snow!Can you believe it, we may get 2-4 inches today...I'm not ready for it , but oh well. I had a hard time getting ready this a.m. but i am here. Gosh, if it's arthritis i'm not sure what to do about it. What kind of meds? It's seems that aspirin, naproxyn and ibuprofen don't even touch it. I go for my massage tonight so maybe she can relieve some of it.

I'd like to ask for prayer again. After our Holy Spirit day, one of the guests, a lady who is recently remarried but has teenagers and a grown son from a previous marriage. Well she prayed for her son who's about 21 yo because he's had drug problems in the past and was doing well and he met a really nice girl, but she worried about "what if something happened, where would he go?" She was worried about him and not sure where his faith was. That evening he was hit by a car while working for his father's landscape company. He was blowing leaves and for some reason, they didn't see it happen. It was hit and run, they didn't find him for awhile, he was taken to the trauma hospital but he died yesterday a.m. Our priest made it down there at about midnight and gave him last rites, but we are all devastated for her. She as a mother had it on her heart to pray for him and it's so wonderful that they prayed about it that day, but I just can't imagine how she must feel...So prayers please for Scott(her son) and for Christy and Neal and family. Thanks...

I have plans to watch a Tae Kwon Do class this Tuesday evening and talk to them about my concerns although I can't really see starting now when i'm having such a hard time. And Wednesday i'm meeting with my bible study again after a break over the summer months. I'm looking forward to that.

Oh Angel, praise God that your family was not on that helicopter!
It is so sad for the ones who were.

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

SunnyD57
11-03-2003, 02:00 PM
It's a Good Day for me!!!! I went to Curves this morning and got measured and weighed-in and it was all good! Especially being that I missed so many days while out with the ankle and ill.
Here are my stats:
Not great but GOOD for me...

* TOTAL INCHES LOST: -10
* TOTAL POUNDS LOST: -3
* LOST IN BODY FAT POUNDS: -1.24

Good huh? I was so frightened to go this morning because I didn't want to be disappointed... I am so glad you encouraged me to go! I cannot tell you how happy I feel right now. Now to keep it all up --- I am still in size 18 jeans (they are lose now though) and so want to get into the 16's and ultimately the 14's. And Sue did an actual height on me and I am 5' 5" (not even close to 5' 6" and that too makes a difference in my goals). Sue said that she would be the one to do my weight & measure each time. That's good to have to same person because each person measures a bit differently. I feel better...

MICHELE ~ Oh my gosh snow!???!!! :o We are having temps into the 70's (72* to be exact!) and sunny - freaky Nov. weather. I am not complaining mind you --- you can keep your snow.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_10.gif Scott and for Christy and Neal and family are all in my prayers! How very sad!! I just couldn't imagine!

I hope that you find out what is causing your pain for sure, Michele, and feel better real soon!

GARY ~ Good afternoon! I missed you... I DID go back to Curves :) Stats above ~ I am so happy that I didn't gain with all the laying around I did the last few weeks. I may now, as I use the machines again because of my muscles are being used, but I don't mind - I feel so much better after I workout. We have 10 machines now - so nice!

We almost got all the yardwork done, but not all. The weather is so nice today and for the next few days - I'll get it all fiinshed up in the next day or so. We had some rains hit off and on and Joe & I went and did allot of shopping instead (went to a few stores after I had been couped up for weeks) --- I bet we came real close to what you spent at COSTCO!!!!! We blew $400.00!!!! :o And there's just the two of us! We had not gone in a long time and I also picked up some Christmas gifts while we were there. We get things when we see them & while they are there cuz you never see it again if you don't. So it wasn't all spent on us :^:

Thanks for the wishes for my Mom :) She said she had a real nice day! And she is feeling so much better each time I speak with her. She is even jotting me notes on the cp again :)

What a shame about all the closings due to the fires!!! I saw some pictures that are going around on the net - very scary looking, couldn't imagine!

Sounds like you had a busy weekend with the street fair & parties. I would have loved to have gone with you two to the street fair - right down my alley! You both did well in the spending... I know I would have spent more. But I do love to look mostly - that's the best part of going to those. Talking to people and looking at all the great stuff.

SAMI ~ Thank-you so much for asking about me ;) I am doing so much better!!! I was so very sick and so afraid I was going to end up in the hospital this time. I fought it all the way!!! I hate to think of more surgeries! I am so much better again now, like nothing was ever wrong. I just feel tired still, but that will get better with time too. A nap today will be helpful. No such thing as rest over the weekends when Joe is home. I did real well at Curves today - so happy about that.

Cannot wait to see the pictures :)

ANGEL ~ WoW!!! I am so glad to hear that your SIL was not on that chopper!!!!! :o !!!! God is just so good ~ isn't he!!!

WILMA ~ I am glad you enjoyed the puppy, but I do hope that you are feeling better today. I did so well at Curves today --- did you see? It wasn't great, but better then I thought it may be. Could you imagine if I had been able to keep going the whole month?? How much better I would have done? Oh well, cannot think like that --- just have to look forward now and not back and keep doing my best. We have 10 machines now - yeah. It really felt good to get back.

Oh... ... Wilma, headaches are very common for people watching their Calorie or carb intake... I hope it has passed for you now. Maybe you need to eat just a bit more now - your calories were a bit low. Be careful, okay.
Hope that you all had a very good weekend! I know ours was very busy. "Oh MY... ... I almost forgot!" Yesterday, Joe & I went to visit Lia and Eric and their new little Mikala Rose. If you thought she was beautiful in the picture - you should have seen her for real. We visited for 2 hours and I held Mikala the hold time :) She felt so warm, smelled so sweet --- what an awesome feeling to hold a new baby. I was in my glory!

Take Care guys!
(((Hugs))) :grouphug:

SunnyD57
11-03-2003, 05:21 PM
I began a new thread today and just thought you might have a look-see ;)

Link below:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34013

EZMONEY
11-03-2003, 07:45 PM
HI CE'ers

Got off work a little early today to get my teeth cleaned-- it went fairly well but I do have a little cavity he wants to take care of soon.

I am in charge of dinner tonight as Angie has her yoga class-- I am making sloppy joes, cottage cheese and potato chips-- a health food feast:lol:

ANGEl- I did hear about the chopper-- it just keeps getting sadder doesn't it. We have a lot of people from Iraq in an area near me-- they are so thankful for America-- they express their relatives happiness, that are still in Iraq, to anyone who will listen-- it is not an easy situation-- prayers daily! So proud of you for your weight loss! It is alot nicer taking back cloths that are TOO BIG isn't it!!

MICHELE Wow, what a sad story-- I hope the young man knew our Lord. Tae Kwon Do class huh? good for you-- when you can participate it should be fun for you. Boy I won't say anything about those Vikings-- man oh man my Raiders could not get any worse-- the only thing I have going is our local team the Chargers are even worse!! Have a great time at your bible study class on Wed. We have one that night too but I never seem to make it.

SUNNYD Boy oh boy-- you go away with Joe to play on the week-end and come back threading us like crazy:lol: You go girl!! I hope it stays nice weather for you out there-- we are finally getting rain here after 180 days of dry days-- helping the fires. They are pretty much under control now but still burning. Sounds like Curves is helping resculpt that body!! Man is Joe gonna be happy come this next summer-- look out -- at this rate you will OWN him:dancer: :yes: I thought I was the only member of the $400 club!! Of course if I did my Christmas shopping there it could reach $........ well, way too much!!

Gotta go pick up the nephew-- later, Gary

eisenj
11-04-2003, 08:20 AM
Hi everyone
I feel great. The respiratory theropist came yesterday to change out my mask. What a difference it made. All that moodness came from lack of sleep. I don't know how my husband puts up with me he is an angel. Matthew has broncitus (sp?). Forgive me if I stepped on anyones toes I'm a bear without sleep. I do at times take antidepressants, but they make my sleeping problem worse. It also isn't great for your sex life either. Your libito goes out the window. I love the weather around this time of year. We still do not have coats on. Its cool in the morning but very warm by the afternoon. We don't get snow until January or Febuary. All the snow melts by noon. In the 14 years I have lived here we had one bad storm. I grew up in Pennsylvania and they had some bad storms. It would stick around for a while after the snow. It was beautiful but a pain in the butt to clean up. I do love snow on Christmas.

ANGEL~ one of those boys in that helicopter who died has family from our area. He had just won a purple heart the week before and was going home for a visit. Terry Luton who we keep in touch with at church is coming home for two weeks because he won the lottery. He wasn't the first man to be picked there were two other men before him, but they decided to stay, because they thought it would be to hard on their wives to see them leave again. We are sending out gift packages for the men in his troop. The men love reading material. I will continue to pray for your SIL.

GARY~ I'm glad the fires are better. I'm sorry if I offended you on my soap box. I love the sinner not the sin. I am just as much a sinnner as those who have sinned. I do not approve of gay clergy. They are not remorseful of their sin. They should not be leading a church if they don't repent. There are absolutes in the bible and if one believes that the bible is the word of God then they should believe in their truths. I believe the bible is the absolute truth so my view may differ from others. I don't clam to understand it all. Like when I asked about the angels. Sometime God reveals something to me In my studies even though I have read it a hundred times. He opens my eyes to scripture when I need it the most. We mature in the faith over time. I know I am a sinner and fall short of the glory of God.

Angel-lover
11-04-2003, 09:22 AM
Morning everyone...hope all is well.

eisenj....so glad you're sleeping better now. I still get up very early (2-5 am). I go to sleep ok, but, wake up later & can't go back to sleep. I've came to the conclusion it may be the Remicade treatments. A friend of mine takes the treatments, also. We were talking the other day....didn't know each other had been getting up so early. So, we may have found the culprit. Nothing to do about it, unfortunately.
So sorry for the family in your area with relative on the helicopter. I'm praying for all the families. Will be praying Terry makes a safe trip home. Thanks to all for your prayers. He told my daughter that he could feel the prayers....& thanks everyone. He won't be home for any of the holidays. He'll be there a year in April, though, we're hoping he comes home. No one said so....just hoping.
What you said to Gary reminded me about the question on the angels. Sorry, I had no answer. I asked my DH about it...he teaches & studies a lot. He says it is a very deep subject to search the bible for. But, to his knowledge....these are the angels that were cast out of heaven who chose to follow Satan when he was cast out, & became demons. Doesn't know the full details of it. If anyone knows more, feel free to say...he says he hasn't studied it that much. My angels are the ones that are beautiful & love God & watch over us. I'm so glad to know I have angels watching me.:)

Gary...Hope things are settling down with the fires. Thanks for the prayers. DH's back problem is also getting better. Worse spell he's had in a long time. Yes, it is better for clothes to be too big. I been thinking of posting before & after pics....but don't want anyone to see the "before".:lol: AV Engineer took some pics at the station the other day of us all working....& of me singing....I may post some of them, when he sends them to me.

SunnyD....http://www.gilly.0catch.com/emoticons/cheer.gifCongratulations, girl...you're doing great with your diet! Take care of that ankle.

Mitchypoo...So sorry about the young man & all involved....will be praying.
If you've got arthritis that bad, you'd better see a dr. It can become very painful, very fast. It put me on permanent disability at the age of 36. That was from a car accident & back problems set in Osteoarthritis. Now, I have that & RA(Rheumatoid Arthritis). Don't wait until it worsens.

Hope all have a great day!
http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/anibear.gif

eisenj
11-04-2003, 10:58 AM
I'm back,

~ ANGEL~ I loved all your sayings about angels I'm saving them for a friend who also collects angels. She just turned 40 this week. People don't realize how important sleep is and rest. God even rested after creation. All God created must take a break. Fields that are over worked do not produce. Some animals hibernate. Plants die and come back next season. We all need to rest or we do not perform to our best ability. Sleep apnea affects every part of your body. When you don't get a good nights sleep your body is working overtime and it will eventually take its toil. The medical community claims it affects your heart, blood presure, mental health, sexual libito etc. Just ask someone who has done sift work for years. It takes its toil on your body.

~Mitchypoo~ I am so sorry for your friends loss. God was speaking to her heart that night. The Holy Spirit was present at your meeting. I can't imagine losing a child. Her family are in my prayers.

SNOW ANGELS, SNOW MEN, SNOW FORTS, SNOW BALLS, SNOW,SNOW,SNOW................enjoy

~SAMI~ I'm sorry your not feeling good. I'll share something funny.
Storys from Christan voices

When my gradson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, " I'm not sure." " look in your underwear, gradma,' he advised. " Mine says I'm four."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A three year old put his shoes on by himself. His mother noticed that the left shoe was on the right foot. She said, "son , your shoes are on the wrong feet." He looked up at her with a raised brow and said, "don't kid me, mom. They're the only feet I got!."
__________________________________________________ __

On the first day of school, about mid morning, the kindergarden teacher said, " If anyone has to go to the bathroom, hold up two fingers." A little voice from the back of the room asked, " How will that help?"

EZMONEY
11-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Have to be quick here before I go to work- sorry

Judy- you did not offend me in any way-- I guess I didn't express myself very well. What I tried to say was as much as I want everyone to be Christians they won't be-- that doesn't excuse us from our mission either-- what I meant was as humans and Christians we need to respesct other religions-- not approve of them--but also to be carefull not to upset people that they won't listen to us-- tolerate them in their beliefs as we try to share Christ. Another point that maybe I wasn't clear (am I ever!!) is that there are many that claim to be christians that simply are not-- these are the ones I don't want teaching about Christ in school, i.e. openly gay/ without remorse claiming to be Christians.
Am I making sense-- don't answer lol-- any way gotta go.

doitforme
11-04-2003, 12:37 PM
So glad the fires are finely out E.Z., we still are getting lots of rain here, guess I could try to send some more your way hee hee hee
I been busy this week, got last sat off went home and spent the weekend with my niece and nephew my sis and bil went to new england for the weekend, we had a grat time, rented some movies and had pizza, and church on sunday. Weekend went to fast, kids getting too big, growing up so fast. then it was backt o work on Sunday evening yea, i had to go into work early yesterday morning to assist the nurse, but that all went well. I started Christmas shopping, got alot of that done I have just 3 checks before Christmas that is also coming to fast. Don't forget today is election day, have to exercise the right to vote. congrats sunny on the wt. loss and loss of inches, hi to everyone can't post individual, but wish you all well, and will keep ya's in my prayers. love ya's

SunnyD57
11-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Hi there :wave: everyone!
I got done just about everything I had on my list today, boy does that feel good! We finally have the yard finished and ready for winter. All my pots are emptied and put away and the leaves have been picked up and the shrubs cut down. It was a lovely day to be out and take in! It went up to 77* today and there was a slight breeze with the leaves blowing all around you - so cool! The cats just love to watch the leaves blow off the trees today through all the windows I got to open because of the warmer temps.

MICHELE ~ Are you still getting snow??? I cannot believe we are getting such warm temps, but I know that the bottom (so to speak) is suppose to fall out from under us by tomorrow afternoon. Gonna get real cold, so they are saying. Well, it was nice while it lasted and I took it all in.

I am so glad to see you and GARY and ANGEL and JUDY have stopped over on my other thread. So happy you all think it's a good idea. I just thought it would help us stay focused on the best in life.

ANGEL ~ The ankle is doing good! Thanks! As long as I keep it wrapped I am fine on it. But I do make very mindful moves when I am busy. Tomorrow is "Wacky Wednesday" at Curves and that will be the day I will have to move carefully... we move around the room in a different direction then normal (that's how I hurt myself originally). So I am a bit cautious about tomorrow.

GARY ~ :lol: What can I say... you are just too funny. I only hope you are right and I do look as good as you describe for next summer --- "from your mouth, to God's ears!" I am working on it!

As far as Christmas goes... I have only put a dent in the shopping so far. This is a huge family and we buy for just about everyone (as families). We keep saying we are going to cut it down, but we don't. It is such a beautiful holiday!!! I just love Christmas!!! I was so sad when I found out there wasn't a Santa as a child--- I wouln't tell my parents or siblings I knew because I didn't want it to be true! Now... I know the day is to celebrate the birth of our Lord and we do with JOYFUL THANKS and CELEBRATION, but I still just love the story of Santa. The best I have ever seen it done is in the movie "The Santa Clause" with Tim Allen... that is the best! Just love the story and the colors in the film. Well, next to "A Christmas Story" "You'll shoot your eye out kid!" :lol:

Well, it's dinner time - veggie lasagna tonight.
Gotta go! :wave: Great to see you SUE and JUDY!!!!! :wave:

wilma12
11-04-2003, 08:43 PM
I have had a rough couple of days so I haven't felt like posting. Idecided to share my problem with you so you could pray for me. I tend to keep things bottled up and then have a bad attitude. I know that I can tell my DH anything and he is so supportive. My problem is at work. I work really hard and it bothers me when co-workers don't. One of my co-workers will be sending emails while there's a line up of customers waiting to be served. This doesn't bother just me but many of my co-workers. I decided it was none of my business and that my supervisor should deal with it. I went to work today with a better attitude only to find out that I had been overlooked for something and that this particular co-worker got it. It wasn't a big deal but it clinched it for me that I wasn't being appreciated for my hard work. My supervisor noticed that I was quiet this a.m. and asked me what was wrong. I had a meeting with her and let her know my feelings. I don't know if it did any good or not. I'll find out in days to come. I do know that the thing I was passed over for will stay as it is. I just wish my boss would apologize for the oversight (which is what I think this is) I would certainly repect him a lot more if he did.

Thanks for letting me share. Please pray that I don't hold it against my co-worker because it wasn't her decision.

I'll talk to you again tomorrow.

SunnyD57
11-04-2003, 09:13 PM
WILMA ~ I am so very sorry that you were passed up like that... my cousin had that happen to her too and she also put allot into her job - a 110%.

Here is a verse I think may help you:
"In all the work you are doing, work the best you can. Work as if you were working for the Lord, not for men. Remenber that you will receive your reward from the Lord, which he promised to his people. You are serving the Lord Christ. But remember that anyone who does wrong will be punished for that wrong. And the Lord treats everyone the same." COLOSSIANS 3:23-25 (NIV)

I gave this verse to my husband many years ago when he was having a very difficult time with how he was being treated at his job. He too is a very hard worker, as if he owned the company, and took pride in it. But we must keep our perspective.

Anyway, I do hope that this will help you. My heart is sad :( for you, because I too was treated badly for giving it my best when I was out in the working world. You are in my prayers and I am so glad you let us know.

(((Hugs)))

eisenj
11-05-2003, 07:59 AM
Hellow everyone,

Our daughter Laura is home sick today. She has a temperture. I can feel her head and she is burning up. Can't find the stupid thermometer . No one ever puts things away where they belong in this house. She had a very bad head ache when she got home from school. She said she has a world history test today. Yesterday they asked everyone to bring a picture of their family crest. Couldn't find our last name but did find my maden name . It happens to be english. Also found my grandmoms maden name which is Douglass. My dad saw the Douglass castle. We found out they were not a very nice clan.

~WILMA~ My prayers go out to you. My sister called me on monday crying. She is a supervisor of nurses in a country hospital. They can't get enough good help. Of course the hospital does not pay the employees very well either. Any way she got a call from a nurse saying she would not be in because she hit a cow on the way to work. This is posable because they live out in the sticks. Any way she called another nurse in and woke her up from her sleep. The nurse was so mad for being awoken she refused to work for two days. My sister asked her superviser what to do. She told her to SEND FLOWERS can you believe it?
I would have fired her right on the spot. She needs the job because her husband is a printer and does not make enough to support them. Another nurse calls from Canada and says he can't come to work because he broke his glasses and is in Canada. WHY IS HE IN CANADA WHEN HE SOULD BE AT WORK? Wilma ,we raised a generation of stupid people. Thats the problem. There must be alot of in breading. No fault of yours. Companys no longer want hard working employees they want young, blond ,blue eyed girls to work for them. A show piece to attract business. Or an unqualified manority person to keep them out of trouble. What happened to qualified staff of all races. Fire the dead beats. They are so scared of law suits they keep them on. The dead beats know that, and continue to do nothing at work. They just laugh at their supervisers. Especially in goverment jobs.

Angel-lover
11-05-2003, 10:56 AM
Hi everybody.....went back & read quite a few posts I've missed. Some of them had messages to me. So sorry, I get so far behind sometimes, & miss them. To be on disability....I sure am a busy person!:dizzy: People think because I don't have a full-time job, I'm free to do whatever.:lol: Don't mean to complain....just tired, I guess.

Sami...read your angel story. I really enjoyed it. Yes, I've met some angels also. I was on my way to my daughter's house to help with new grandchild. It was a 5 hr drive, & I won't go that far alone, unless I just HAVE to....like this time. There is a place where there is only a single road for quite a distance. Came upon several cars lined up waiting....then saw where a double-wide mobile home had been in some kind of accident while being moved. It completely blocked the road. No one knew what to do. I SURE didn't! I was standing inside the driver's-side door & felt someone beside me....it was a man....getting closer. I got sooo nervous! I asked him what was going on....he said "I'm going to take care of you, honey". I told him to get away from me & out of the door. He acted like he didn't hear. I was praying silently for guidance. I looked ahead & there was a black man getting out of his car several cars ahead. It was red with a bicyle on top. (Will never forget it)He started walking toward the back of the line in our direction. Stopped at my car. He looked at me & said he knew a way around, if I would like to follow. The man beside me said he would like to follow also. The black man looked at me right in the eyes and said "It's alright....you'll be safe". Somehow, I knew I could trust this man. The 3 of us got in our cars. I followed the 2 of them....thinking "what if the red car keeps going & leaves me with this person?!" It was through a lot of woods. We finally came out at the original road ahead of the mobile home. When the red car stopped at the road, he motioned for us to go on, but the other guy got out of his car & walked to my window...I wouldn't roll it down. The black man came to my car & told me to go on. I did! Later, he passed me & was gone very soon. I will never forget "my angel". I'll also, never forget the look in his eyes when he said I'd be safe. Normally, there's no way I'd take the word of a stranger...but, I can't explain....his eyes must have been those of an angels'!

Wilma....So sorry about the job situation. It happens just about everywhere, I suppose. I know it happened to me, when I worked on public jobs. Not fair. I'm not always done right at my volunteer job, & it's a christian TV station. Maybe they don't realize it....but it happens. It still hurts. DH gets aggravated sometimes. I remind him, I'm not working their for them, I'm there for the Lord.

SunnyD...glad you're better...be careful at Curves. It was a good idea about the thread. Been enjoying reading the posts there.

Doitforme...New England...ALLRIGHT!!! Glad you had a good time.

eisenj....Yes, the sleep problem IS taking a toll....I finally get exhausted after a few days, & take a nap during the day. That's the best I've been able to do, so far.

Gary....Glad your church raised that money, & that you all had fun. The churches in our community now have "Harvest Fests". It gives the children an alternative to trick-or-treating. We only had our grands to come, this yr. Kinda glad, with construction going on. I also worry about what my grandchildren are being taught in school, etc. We all have a lot to pray about.

I'm going to copy & paste a small portion of my SIL's email to my daughter this morning concerning the helicopter crash.

"one of my soldiers was on the cbs news. the 2
that survived were both my soldiers. that one event changed everyones lives
here forever.one of the guys that died, was denied leave in aug. to go home
for the birth of his child. he was going on midtour to see his newborne
daughter when the bird got shot down.it is very sad."

Please, keep praying....thanks. http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/anipeace.gif

SunnyD57
11-05-2003, 01:32 PM
http://www.grandmageorge.com/free/frfall/tgset/ggt_welct.gif
Morning! I went to Curves this morning and did very well on "Wacky Wednesday" we go in the opposite direction (that's how I hurt my ankle three weeks ago! Stepping on my right foot instead of my usual left). So it was scary for me today - sounds strange, but I was having dreams of falling again last night thinking about class this morning. But I did just fine! ( :dizzy: goofy me) And I am beginning to feel the workout in my muscles - that's good :) I just really hope to continue dropping weight. I want to be at my goal for Spetember/2004 when I go visit my folks and DS & DB and families. When I feel good about me I am a better person for them & those around me :)

JUDY ~ How's your daughter, Laura, doing? Did you find out what was wrong, why she has a fever? Flu? Hope she feels better real soon! It is the flu season... ...

ANGEL ~ Good to see you here ;) That is quite a letter your DSIL wrote - made me cry!! :( I cannot begin to tell you how my heart aches for all those fighting this war and their families (I use to be one of those children during Nam)--- just so very sad!!! I feel so badly for your DD having her hubby and the father to her children so far away. I pray (all the time!) that this will be resolved real soon.

Blessings!

SunnyD57
11-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Here is a link of two pictures I took just this Sunday of Mikala...
Just scroll down till you see my post of the pictures
She is just so beautiful!! I wanted to take her home with me!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33282&perpage=15&pagenumber=8

SunnyD57
11-05-2003, 05:53 PM
http://www.grandmageorge.com/free/frcritter/cat121dq.gif
Anybody still around???
Gettin' awful quiet here these days!!

Our little man - Domino

eisenj
11-06-2003, 07:37 AM
~SUNNYD~ Your cats are so funny. You take very nice pictures. Mikala's pictures are so adorable. My daughter is feeling better today. Laura said she didn't know how I can stay home because it is so boring. She can't wait to go back to school today. I am spending today cleaning the house. Got to wash the dog ,then clean all the bath tubs. She has black hair so it gets all over the house.

~Angel~ You probably can sence the presence of an angel because the Holy Spirit dwells in you. There are time I just sence that ones spirit is right. Other times I have meet people who have put on a show claiming they are christan and I know different. God shows you that. If you can sit still long enough God reveals alot to your soal. People are so rushed today they can't hear him talk to their heart. They need to be still. My favorite time to listen to him is on the beach. When I'm praying in nature and can feel the wind against my skin it reminds me that I can't see God but I sure can feel him and he is very real.

A merry heart doeth good like medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17:22

wilma12
11-06-2003, 09:52 AM
It's a much better day here for me. I have gotten over my bosses' faux pas and moved on. I really respected him but now I have very little. I will still do my job to my best ability and do it for God instead. I was surprises and thrilled with the support I received from my co-workers. Thank you for your prayers! I really felt them.

I am doing much better with my eating. I am feeling more under control. I sure hope to see a loss on the 18th.

I have to leave early today so I better get goin . Have a great day!

Mitchypoo
11-06-2003, 10:05 AM
Hello CE'ers :wave:

Wilma~glad you are past what your boss did. That's a great idea to work for God instead. Gives you a different perspective.

Judy~glad your DD is feeling better. Funny how they think sometimes, huh. I'd give anything to be home again. And you have one of the most important jobs there is.

Nobody showed last night for our bible study... the services for the son who was killed was last night, and i'm hoping that is why. Guess i can't expect them all to be ready to meet again just cuz i am. I'll try again for 2 weeks and see how it goes.

They arrested a woman who is suspected to have hit Scott (the son who was killed) I don't know any of the details, they are still investigating. I'm glad they caught her though. She must have been on something or?..........why would you not stop and get him help?

I'm tired today.......

sami
11-06-2003, 10:56 AM
Blessing to all sorry about being gone for awhile but I have been on the go............. (much better than being in bed sick) I am starting to notice that my stomach is much better! I have been going over my list of what I am not eating now and I have to say I have changed 100% in what I eat now and drink (more water than diet cokes) I know I will never be cured (unless God chooses) but I am taking my meds and eating right and started out sm workouts was going to push it more this week but after being up all night Sat in leg and hip pain I thought maybe I will keep going slow for awhile. I did cheat and get on the scale and was so happy to see a 10lbs loss.............

Wilma-My heart goes out to you. I to have been where you are and I just grinned and beared it. In the long run I ended up changing jobs in the same company and now I am truly missed when I take a day off. I got the best review of the store! Nov 13th I will have been with Target for 18 yrs and I really Love my job. There are days though when I feel like I should have called in!!!! Hang in there your time will come! And something else I often think when things like that happen maybe that was an answer to her prayers! And nothing against you. I pray you are having a better day and an OP day!!!!!

EZ-My Molli will be 7 on Nov 15. I took her and Ashli 9 to to the Ronald McDonald house to help do volunteer work last night it is the first time I have take the younger ones it was so neat to see how willing it was for them to do anything ask. I had to do a lot of explaining about what the Ronald Mcdonald house was (it is a place where family of very sick kids can stay for very little or nothing so they can be close to the hospital and thier child) My Target goes thier and put on a very fancy dinner for them and just spoils them! They came home with a full of thanksgiving that we were blessed with healthy family.

SunnyD-So glad you are better and back to curves! I was just thinking of all the things I am thankful for and then I saw your post what a great Ideal. I love the baby I can't wait until I get me a grandchild! Heard a rumor that they might start after Christmas trying.

Judy-Praying that your DD is doing well. We have had a lot of people out with the flu. I hope you are feel more up beat and you are right about sleep. I was not someone you wanted to be near on Sunday! My Dr. has me on sleeping pills because I wake up all night long in pain back,hip, leg,shoulder ect it is like what ever is touching the bed hurts. But I don't wake up when I take the sleeping pills and I feel so much better. And I know that good loyal workers are hard to find. But I think it is because companys want to hire college ed people as management people with little knowledge of the company and people skills. I have seen people who work hard and very loyal get passed up because they have no college and then we get kids fresh out of college put them in managment and they come in and don't know what they are doing and they expect more money and less work of all thier college and the workers resent that. And lots of them think they are so above their people it causes good people not to care. I made one promise to myself when I took this job and that was I would always treat others the way I want to be treated. I am person that people always come to and if they try to make me take sides I don't I look for way to make it better for both.

Mitchy-I hope you are feeling better. There is so many new drug out on the market I take bexta it is easier on my stomach. Let your Dr. know you have tried OTC drugs and see if he will give you something else. If it helps it does make a world of diffrence!

Angel-Lover-Make sure you are taking care of yourself. I know this weather change makes you feel worse. And don't be afraid to say no to those who want you to do more than you feel you can. That was the hardest thing for me to learn NO. I use to do a lot through the church and I am sad to say that when I could no longer be in charge it went away. I worked and had 6 kids and was in charge of poor com,harvest party for the kids, tree for the needy, volunteer work for the poor. And most of the moms stay home and not one person was willing to step up when I no longer could.

Sue-Is this your long weekend? I have wanted to say for a long time when I read your post I see a very strong woman who is a blessing to many. Thank you for all the encouragement you give.

EZMONEY
11-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Not too much time again this a.m.-- just wanted to let you all know I am here and reading! It just takes me so long to type and I haven't been able to get the computer time with Angie, Ryan, and Ron all needing it for school.
I am "ALWAYS" awake at 4am-- however NOT today-- I don't set an alarm--Angie does though-- she was supposed to meet her friend at 5am to go walking-- I woke her up when I woke at 5:15-- she was dressed and out the door at 5:17-- I couldn't believe how fast she got on her running clothes-- lucky for her, her friend overslept too and was just coming out of her house when Angie got there--
Well off to work then Parent/Teacher conferences for Ron tonight-- this should be fun--l.o.l.

IN PEACE-Gary

kdrules
11-06-2003, 02:03 PM
I AM 32 YEARS OLD AND MY CURRENT WEIGHT IS 208. I WENT ALL THE WAY UP TO 234 FOR ABOUT A MONTH ANDWHEN I REALIZED I WASN'T 214 ANYMORE I WAS DEVISTATED SO I IMMEDIATELY DID A STARVATION DIET TO GET ME BACK TO 226. WELL AFTER I GOT THERE I COULDN'T LOOSE ANYMORE AND I PRETTY MUCH MADE UP MY MIND THAT I DID NOT WANT ANY QUICK FIXES. WELL THAT WAS MEMORIAL WEEKEND. I GOT A TRAINER AND WORKED OUT 4 DAYS A WEEK AND TRIED FOLLOWING A 1500 CALORIE DIET. WEIGHT LOSS WAS NULL TO NONE SINCE ON THE WEEKEND I WENT TOTALLY OFF. WELL THEN OF COURSE I TRIED A 3 DAY DIET AND LOSS A FEW POUNDS. I WENT TO WEIGHT WATCHERS AND LOSSED A COUPLE MORE. HOWEVER THE FOLLOWING WEEK I GAINED 3 LBS AND WAS DEVISTATED. WELL THEN I MET 2 LADIES WHO BELONGED TO A GROUP CALLED PRISM. THEY LIVED FAR FROM ME HOWEVER TOLD ME HOW GREAT THE PROGRAM WAS AND HOW BALANCED IT WAS. THEY SAID IT HAS DONE WONDERS FOR THEM BOTH PHYSICALLY AND SPIRTUALLY. WELL I SURE KNEW I NEEDED HELP IN BOTH AREAS. HOWEVER I KNEW I DID NOT WANT TO START YET ANOTHER "WEIGHT LOSS" PROGRAM AGAIN ONLY TO FAIL. ANYWAY I BOUGHT THE BOOK AND LOOKED FOR INFO. ONCE I RECEIVED THE BOOK I LITERALLY COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. IT WAS AS THOUGH IT WAS WRITTEN FOR ME. ANYWAY THE BASICS IS NO WHITE FLOUR OR ANY SUGAR:dizzy: WELL I WAS HAPPY THAT I COULD EAT CORN SO I TRIED IT. THE FIRST WEEK I LOSSED 5 LBS OH MY GOODNESS I WAS IN HEAVEN. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. I HAVE TRIED ATKINS AND LOSSED A COUPLE OF POUNDS AND WW AND MAINTAINED BASICALLY.
HOWEVER THIS REALLY WORKS FOR ME.
NOW I AM 208 AS OF TODAY. AND THAT WORKS FOR ME.
I EXERCISED TODAY BY WALKING 30 MINUTES.
I WILL FOLLOW MY CALORIE GUIDELINES TODAY AND MAKE SURE I HAVE NO SUGAR.
I AM GOING TO LOG ON TO THIS MESSAGE BOARD 3X A WEEK SO I CAN STAY ON TRACK.

:) :)

sprout
11-06-2003, 05:31 PM
Still very tired and trying my best to adjust to all the side effects that are going to be with me the rest of my life re the radiation treatment.

Anyway was reading through some more in Dr. Phil's book and wanted to share this quote with you all -- it spoke to me once again.

"Every success or failure you will have flows from that self-determined personal truth. Even if your personal truth is riddled with self-doubt and self-recrimination and self-flagellaton, you will live that truth as you go out into the world.

What you believe about yourself, what youtreat as your own reality, is dramatically important because it guides and directs your weight-management efforts. If you don't get yours straight, you are doomed, and even the best laid plans to get your weight under lasting control will be ruined"

EZMONEY
11-06-2003, 08:07 PM
HI CE'ers :wave:

Got a couple of minutes before I head off to my nephews conferences. I get the daily report on him that "we" do, plus I talk to his 4 teachers at least once a week, so there shouldn't (?) be too many surprises :rolleyes: but we shall see. Have been really busy around here the last week and I have to work Saturday-- oh well, Christmas takes a toll on the 'ol wallet anyway right? Angie has a Christmas club account so it usually doesn't hurt us too bad each year as we are pretty much prepaired.

KDRULES Welcome! I heard someone on TV say not too long ago " my diet is-- I don't eat anything WHITE" ie bread, pasta, dairy, sugar, etc.-- makes a little sense. Good luck with yours.

SPROUT Hang in there dear-- you can do this-- you know who to look for for answers and help!!

SAMI Keep it up with the diet!! you are doing so well! But what is this (on the thankful thread) that you are thankful that all your kids get ALONG? lol who you trying to kid you knucklehead!!

WILMA The job problem will work out-- as you know-- remember not too long ago you were worried about even getting this job-- keep pushing forward dear-- as you always do!!

MICHELE--Your Vikings are in our town to play the Chargers this week-- Kill em for me OK!! have to keep those Chargers behind my lousy Raiders! Julian still standing.

SUE Thanks for the rain dear!! Pizza with the nephew and niece-- how cool is that-- of course you MUST be the COOL aunt:yes: :yes:

ANGEL Prayers for SIL and DH back

SUNNYD Thanks for keeping us going-- give Joe a hug from us for allowing you to (I mean that in a good way of course- him ALLOWING you!!)Glad Curves was good to you this week!! They can be NASTY as you know-- making you go backwards OH, the nerve:lol:

JUDY Did I make sense with my idea on church and state? Hope this finds Matt cooking and Laura feeling well-- hey maybe little bro can make her chicken soup-- yea-right

Well I think I hit everybody sorry for being short--

Gotta jam- Gary

EZMONEY
11-06-2003, 11:42 PM
JUST GOT BACK-- Ron had 3 A's, 6 B's, and 3 C's -- behavior reasonable-- needs improvement minding own business.

SunnyD57
11-07-2003, 11:37 AM
Gooood Mornin' CEr's :wave:

WoW! It was so quiet here and then you all come back with a bang :D - wonderful! And I see a NEW CEr :o ... Cool :cool: beans! I got in my workout at Curves this morning and am now having a serving of lite cottage cheese with a bit of fruit (blueberries) on it - yummy! And a full glass of pure water... gotta hydrate. I really did miss going to my workouts and it feels so good being back. But the people in the mornings @ 8:00 are so quiet!! I was going at 9:00 before they got the new hours and they chatted more. I am a chatter-bug and a morning person, so I am dying to get them to talk. I even take some time to listen to topics on the radio or read the paper before I go so I have some points of interest to get them going. It helps some, but they are obviously not morning people and probably hate people like me :lol: :lol: Oh well... ... I enjoy the workout and the owner, Sue, chats with me :)

WELCOME-WELCOME KD!!!! Always good to see someone new come in!!! You have joined in with such a great group of people, KD! They have accepted me with such open arms (so to speak ). I am known as the thread-hog :ink: here :lol: Oh and I also take and share allot of pictures - in case you had not noticed ;) Everyone tolerates me & my pics very well :)

About my diet: I am in Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet and it sounds so very similar to your program. Either way they are healthier and we are looking and feeling better as each day passes. We are all doing different programs, but each one of us is different, so it makes sense to have different programs - don't you think? Different strokes for different folks. All my stats are at the bottom of my post. I don't have a scale here at home so I just get weighed and measured at Curves at the beginning of each month... it works out better for me, because I have a tendency to obsess over the scale. Now I just do what I need to and don't think about it - less stress. I hope that we can be of some help and a good source of encouragement for you on your journey!!

SunnyD57
11-07-2003, 11:40 AM
GARY ~ I am so inspired by Angie and her will-power to get up each morning to exercise and now helping out someone else - tell her for me, would you :) She sounds like such a special little lady ;) - you are very blessed! And so is she!

Such Great news about Ron's conference!!!! :cp: I think (for him) it is really good!!! I hope that you and Angie are proud of him?! When you say he need's to mind his own business... what is he doing?? Is he trying to help out? I am like that too (now I am --- was very quiet as a kid) --- sometimes thinking I am helping, but to another it being a busy-body. I think he sounds like he is improving - do you guys think he is also?

:lol: I gave Joe that hug :lol: He hasn't been home much these days, so when we went out last night it was so nice. Tonight he is going to a HS Football game with some of the nephews. Too cold for me - suppose to snow tonight. I like going to HS football, but I am not that much of a fan I am afraid. Oh and until they get padded benches for the games I cannot go - the benches jam my neck and shoulders really bad. I will hear all about the fun and the highlights when he gets home as I were there :lol: Besides, he rarely goes out with the guys like this because of work, so he'll have a great time!

SPROUT ~ I am sorry that you are still not feeling well. You are in thoughts and **prayers**!! Sounds like you are a real trooper - trying to keep up with the Dr Phil Book and still not well. When I got sick I must say I put the book down, but have still been watching his shows and learning allot. (((Hugs)))

JUDY ~ Thanks ;) I really do love to take pictures and these guys give me plenty of opportunity that's for sure! Glad you enjoy them. As far as the baby goes... it's not my picture taking - it's her! She is absolutely beautiful! And mom said she is a real good baby - in that she sleeps well for them at night. Did you get all your house-keeping done? I have bathrooms to scrub today when I finish here... yuk! Gotta be the worse job next to laundry!!! How's Laura today?? Back to school?

SunnyD57
11-07-2003, 11:55 AM
WILMA ~ How are you doing today??? I am glad that everything is better for you at work. It is so hard some days, huh. I hope I was of some help with the scripture ;)

MICHELE ~ I bet that you are right - that everyone was at the service for that young man. Such sad news! Cannot believe that someone could hit someone and leave! Unless it is total fear of the thought of what they just did!! Could you imagine! I remember once there was a jogger at NIGHT (with no reflective tape on) joggin' on the side of a "main road" - I almost hit her!!!! Frightened me to death :fr: at the thought!!!! I just don't think I could live with it. Now I am so careful to check the sides of the roads... It is all so very sad! I feel for them all!

How are you feeling today??? Are you getting any better from the Mono? It's important to keep getting that rest you need ya know ;) Don't work too hard. I hope you don't have arthritis... it can be so painful. I have it in my joints like my mother, but so far it's not so painful and when I exercise it makes me feel better. Are you going to the Dr. to find out for sure, be tested?

ANGEL ~ WoW :o Such a long post for you ;) Great to see!!!! I miss your posts here... glad to took a moment to catch up with us. Just loved your story of the man that helped you ~ your angel ~ awesome! We have an angel (or two or three ;) ) in our lives too - I really feel that our daughter, Lisa, has done much to guide us or to protect us from harm many times over. So glad you and the others enjoy my 'Thankful Thread' - me too :smug: it helps me to stay OP!

SAMI ~ I am so so happy that your tummy is doing so much better!!!! Your watching Calories & types of foods you eat must be doing the trick - just wonderful news for you. You have suffered so with your IBS. It will never go away,but it will ease so that you can enjoy life more.

I am so "in love" with Lia's new baby! I feel like a grandmom even though I am really a Great Auntie... Our other niece, Gina, has a little girl, Jadah, whom is just as adorable (I have posted a couple pics of her some time back) They have such beautiful children in this family! I bet that our Lisa would have been just as beautiful had she lived... I often wonder. But I know that I will see her one day when we have all joined our Lord. How thrilling for Joe & I to know. I will keep tugging on the Lord's robe in prayer that it won't be too long before your DD & DSIL makes you a grandmom ;)

Keep up the great job!!!! :dance: :cp: Woo Hoo - Double Woo Hoo :cp: :dance: Down 10 lbs!!! AWESOME!!!! So very happy for you!!!!

Hey there SUE ~ Hope that you are doing okay... Miss seeing you around. Always enjoy hearing about your adventures ;)

Well guys... I have to get going.
Cannot wait to get to those bathrooms and scrub toilets - NOT!

Have a Supercalafragilisticexpealladoucious Day !!!!

SunnyD57
11-07-2003, 01:05 PM
Hi JUDY ~ I found this web-site on another thread and thought that it may be helpful to you and answer some questions you may have still on the cpap you are using. Hope this helps some... the links are below:

http://www.cpap.com/productpage.php?PNum=757

http://www.cpap.com/productpage.php?PNum=105

eisenj
11-07-2003, 01:10 PM
Hi everyone.

Everyone in the house has a cold except the love of my life. Laura is going to a football game against there rivals tonight. The other school vandalized their school Yesterday with spray paint. She helps out in the principals office first period, so she hears all the dirt in the school. She answers phones and gives the teachers messages. She loves it in the office. She can still get homework done or study and she isn't in study hall with the other kids.

~Gary~ Tell Ron congratulations on his grades. He is fortunate to have an uncle that loves him and cares about his future. You asked me about my views on seperation of church and state. Our country was founded on christan values and I feel we are in trouble if we loss that. I believe in freedom of speech and religion. I respect those who voice their views even if it is different then mine. I get angry when christan views are po-poed as funtamentalist or right wing. I do not want my kids taught evalution as FACT. It is not fact and if they do that, I want creation taught to balance that theory. There are just as many scientist to prove evolution as false. I believe in micro evolution within a species but there is no proof of one species evolving into another species naturally. Man did not evolve from apes. I do believe in seperation of church and state including pagans, wica atheiests, cults. If they can't read the bible in school ,they should not be aloud to read material with witches ,warlocks, ( Harry Potter) Halloween parties etc. They can celebrate the fall.

~KDRULES~ I have heard of First Place as a christian diet program but not Prism. Tell me more about the diet. Is it like the South Beach diet? Congratulations on your weight loss. I weigh 236 right now and need to loss 100 lbs. I have been on every diet. I am discouraged about lossing. I know I have to get this off for my health.

~SAMI~ Target is a great store. It must treat you good if you have been working there that long. SunnyD is right about working for the lord . All we do, should be done to glorify him. Who cares about the other employees. If we do what is right ,and true ,and love on our co-workers God will bless us. Taking the kids to Ronald Mcdonald House to volunteer is a good idea. Kids get so self focused they forget about giving back to the community. Laura is in a program at school that requires so many hours of community service to graduate from high school. It is called IBC.( Iternational Baccalaureate curriculum).

~MICHELE~ Thank God they found the person that hit that poor boy. Have A blessed week.

" The secret of contentment is the realization that life is a gift, not a right."

Mitchypoo
11-07-2003, 01:35 PM
The woman who was arrested for hitting Scott said that she thought she hit a deer. Gosh, his poor family. There's something wrong w/the whole thing.

Gary~sounds like Ron is doing well and there is always room for improvement, right? ;) I'd say he's doing remarkably considering his circumstances and w/ the ADD or ADHD or whatever, and no medication. I'm proud of him. Yep, Vikings are in town for Sunday's game. Not sure how the Chargers are doing this year. Guess you don't like them? Well, i have to root for my purple guys!

Going to a coffee shop tonight to hear a couple guys from church/Alpha perform on keyboard and guitar. Not sure if it'll all be Christian music or? I've got a crush on one of them....we'll see what happens.

It's official, my guy friend is going to CA w/me although he has to take a different plane out probably(we didn't book together) and he'll come home a few days earlier. I'm a little apprehensive about spending that much time w/him but i'm also happy that he'll have a nice Christmas. He has been a good friend to me. Should be fun. Will be very busy showing him around i'm sure.

Feel out of sorts today, can think of so many things i could/should be doing besides working! :dizzy: But someone asked how i was feeling and the mono i think is way better. I still have times where i can feel when i overdue. So i'm not over it i'm afraid. And the arthritis or whatever it is in my hips is better but not gone. Another reason for me to exercise cuz i'm sure it'd help.

EZMONEY
11-07-2003, 08:51 PM
GOOD EVENING LADIES :yes:

Just waiting for Angie to get back with KFC-- we never get that! I love it, chicken extra crispy-- Angie takes the skin off-- and I love the cole slaw and beans. She has been seeing a commercial (it really works) here for KFC and was shopping at the drug store near one this week- smelled the food and got hungry for it-- fine with me. She refuses to fry anything so this is as close as it gets to fried chicken for me. Reminds me to add my grandma's fried chicken to SunnyD's other site!!
Took my nephew over to his mom's motel, her car is broke down-- she had sent a cab for him before I got home from work-- thank goodness the cab didn't get here in time to take him-- not so sure I want him riding around these days in one-- boy have times changed!

SUNNYD Yes I am very proud of my nephew and told him so. It is a work in progress, his teachers are amazed at what we have accomplished so far. He has set higher goals for next quarter-- I want to stress he is a VERY SMART KID! so low grades mean a lack of things like failing to study, failing to do or turn in homework etc= LAZY-- however I do not allow him to be lazy!! Don't get me wrong- I give him plenty of time to play and rest-- I just keep him accountable for HIS JOB in life. He is very proud of himself!! too! as he should be. I am inspired by Angie too! she is no different than anyone else! she wants to rest and eat like we all do- she just pushes herself (and me) to do better/ eat better. Her friend had been walking alone- so now they push each other. Kind of like Angie and I in the marathon training and marathon we did a few years ago-- we pushed each other where we might not have done it on our own. Hope Joe had fun at the games- I always do-- I am with you though on the seats- I bring a cushion or stand.

Judy- I think we agree on things- as I said I just don't want someone other than a TRUE christian teaching my child the bible. Your story reminded me of being in high school- the biggest game of the year and my girlfriend and 2 of her friends went to the rival school and burned a big V- for our city- on their 50 yard line-- the other school tried to fix it but it still showed really bad-- we were together for 3 years after high school-- guess when I found out about it? at our 20 year reunion-- the girls were so worried about getting in trouble they swore not to tell until the 10 year-- we visited that day but that didn't come up. Hope you all get over the colds.

MICHELE- The Chargers are bad this year! and yes i do not like them- but my buddies do so kick their butts for me. My Pastor will be so happy (he grew up in Minnesota) and is a big fan. Yes Ron did accomplish a lot-- he is really doing well-- just is taking time as he had no study skills or good habits before-- with his mom it is TV or video games- she is lazy/lazy and it rubbed off on him. He is feeling really good about himself now that he is doing better!As far as the ADHD or ADD he has been diagnosed with- I see no need for medication and neither do his teachers. Have fun at the coffee shop with your "CRUSH" hope is is thinking the same right back!! But why wouldn't he right? and if he isn't he is a "LOOOOOSER":lol:

Sunny I forgot- about Ron butting in-- he just has to have something to say in any conversation going on around him-- if the teacher is scolding another child Ron will just jump right in. That is what I mean about not minding his own business. He answers a lot in class and blurts out from time to time- the teachers accept this- it is when it has NOTHING to do with him that he gets in trouble. He is aware of this problem and is working on it too.

Well hi to WILMA, SAMI, SPROUT, SUE, KDRULES, and ANGEL

Gotta go-
IN PEACE, Gary

sami
11-07-2003, 09:58 PM
Hello I am wore out it has been a long week. We are doing alot of hiring so I have been really busy! I had my teacher conferences with my 3 younger ones and I am so happy to say they were great! I really struggled last year with what to do with Ashli because she struggled so hard and they had her doing 2nd grade work in third. I held her back and this year I am holding her accountable and she is doing great! She is so much happier and even with her learning problems she is one of the top of her class. I would like some prayers for a very good friend of mine her daughter is my 16yr olds close friend they have put her in the hospital due to depression. They have her on so many meds and she has become very ill.

EZ-I said I was thankful for my family getting along I was talking obout my inlaws LOL! I don't think I would let Ron ride in a taxi either! Why didn't she just wait for you to come home?

Michelle-When I read the story about the young man I can tell you I do understand Moms just have that feeling when thier kids are in danger. What was the person thinking who hit him? Even if it was a Deer they shouldn't have left it on the side of the road to suffer! I hope you are feeling better.

Sprout-My heart is going out to you. I will pray that maybe they will find away to make you better. Do some research and who knows maybe you will find someone who can help. My prayers are with you.

Judy-Don't get discouraged I can not tell you how many times I have lost and gained the same LBS over and over! I know Satan wants us to give up so we will gain more and more! The first two weeks were tough but I have even gone days without writing down what I have ate because I know what to eat! And now that I am on my way I am feeling so much better about myself. I shopped ahead and planned my days. I even have looked up what to eat if I have to eat out so I am prepared! And I stayed away from the scale until I could tell I had lost so I wouldn't get discouraged! I keep reminding myself I didn't gain it overnight and I am not going to lose it overnight! Don't give up! set small goals and work toward them. If you think I need to lose 9 lbs this month that doesn't sound hard but when you think I need to lose 100 it is depressing! I pray and thank the Lord for helping me one day at a time! We are here for you so keep on Posting!

Wilma-How are you doing? I hope all the candy is gone now. At work they had tons of it at my desk and everyone kept stopping to eat it so I moved it to another office so I wouldn't be tempted! How have things been at work? You have been on my mind today so maybe that means something good happen I hope.

SunnyD-I am so sorry to hear you lost a child. You are right you will be with her in heaven someday! I am glad you are back at curves just take it easy! I have had to back down this week on my workouts because it turned warm and then cold and boy does that make me ache! My right hip so real bad and keeps me awake so I am not going to make it worse.

kdrules-Welcome! I am looking foward to getting to know you! I have finally think I have found what works for me. So you can tell in my post and and happy that I am finally losing! Post often I know for me it really helps.

I better go and relax! I have been real bad and bought things on ebay again so I am going to be in trouble! One more prayer request my DD who just got married found a very nice house they have put a bid on. It is brand new and they got a good deal on it with lots of extra's because the people who built it backed out. The credit people called today and said they may close as soon as 10 days from now! And they will pay out the rest of the lease on thier apt! If you remember before they got married they got with the wrong person who cause them a lot of problems. So Pray that the Lord will bless them in his will.

Mitchypoo
11-07-2003, 11:28 PM
Hi all!

Just getting home from the coffee shop. It was quite fun! My 2 cousins also came so we had a chance to chit chat for awhile. And they pretty much packed the place w/people from 2 churches at least. There were 3 of them tonight, an acoustic and electric guitar(my crush) and a keyboardist. They did a little rock, a little country and a little Christian music and it was cool. My crush even sang a couple songs which was a treat, i didn't know he was a singer and he has a really good and distinct style. I felt like a groupie! He is so dang shy though. And I find myself shy around him. But he said hello and whenever he finished a song, he looked at me.......oh, i'm probably just thinking that. :dizzy:

Have to work tomorrow, must get to bed.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

wilma12
11-08-2003, 12:51 AM
It's been a long day for me. Mondays and Fridays are always really busy days and I get home and crash. I had the evening to myself tonight. I ate leftovers and then watched decorating shows all evening. It's almost time for DH to come home. He's been gone for 2 nights and I'm excited to see him.

Sami: Thanks for thinking of me today. I had a really good day. My boss has been extra friendly to me even though he hasn't talked to me about the issue. I've decided it's not worth pursuing. I love the people I work with and am grateful to have a job I really like. Oh, the guys polished off the chocolate bars so I'm not tempted anymore.

Gary: It' amazing how smells affect us. I also like the smell of KFC until after I've eaten. Then it doesn't affect me at all. Please congratulate Ron for me also. He must thrive in your home to make such quick progress. He knows that you love him and have expectations of him. My youngest DS got a job tutoring a Grade12 kid who is struggling with math. This kid was barely passing. With DS's help he managed to get 75% on his last test. Made both the kid and his parents really happy.

Michele: It sounds like you had a great time. I love going to hear Christian music. Idon't get much of a chance these day. Too busy I guess.

eisenj: Hope your household is feeling better soon. Eat lots of chicken soup!!

Sunny: I did mean to thank you for that verse. It did help me put things in perspective. I also appreciated your prayers. I'm so glad Curves is going well for you. I'm still faithfully going too. I weigh in around the 18th. I'll keep you posted.

KD: A big welcome to you. I hope you find the support here you need. I know these wonderful people have helped me a great deal.

Well, DH just got home so I better go. Good Night!!

Angel-lover
11-08-2003, 05:58 AM
Hi everybody.....hope all had a good week. I'm sooo glad it's the weekend. Friday was a very bad day for me. Had to stay with the maps all day at the station. They kept "falling out" of the computer. It's very complicated. Looks great over the air....really better than the other channels' weather maps. Such a headache, though. Connie had been out of town, (I had to work all week, again...this time, for her a pleasure trip.) She had to stay on cell phone the whole day's drive home with me to help me with them. If they're going to leave me with them....I do wish they'd get them to load easier. It's hard for her, also, so looks like they'd do something! They don't know yet, but I'm going to take Thanksgiving week off. I didn't have a vacation, & they all did. I'm planning to go to South Alabama to see my daughter & family. My "angel" road.:)
Had a birthday party last night in our 2 little rooms, for granddaughter. Pretty crowded....but was nice. Kept her & younger sister for son & daughter-in-law to go out. Thought it would make me tired enough to sleep all night....at 3 am, I got up....again! Got a lot on my mind...lawyer called with a very small offer from Maytag Co. I got VERY upset. DH called lawyer back & had a very lengthy discussion with him. I think he got our message loud & clear. This is absolutely rediculous. We didn't do anything wrong....but, have nothing left to live in or with because of their faulty stove. Thanks for letting me vent.:(
http://members.shaw.ca/Sunburn_69/angelwelcome.gif
KDRULES! So very glad to have you with us. Sorry I'm such a gripe today....I'll finish my coffee, & it'll be better.:lol:

Yes....I AM going to start saying "no" a little more often. I found out, the more I do, the more people expect me to do. It would be nice if I was able....but then, I wouldn't be on disability with so many health problems. I always wanted to do all I could for anyone who asked, though.

Also...know about that precious Holy Spirit dwelling inside! We are given the spirit of discernment. I didn't understand this as a new convert (several yrs ago), but as time passed, I've learned you can tell (without being told) when someone is a christian. I sing a song, "I Want the People to See Jesus in Me". We don't have to tell we're a christian. If we truly are....they will know it. That's my lesson for today.:lol:

It's turned cold....got to wear my new suede jacket! Also, bought myself a digital camera....love it! I may get started, SunnyD, & start posting pics! Only pets, are 2 horses, though.

Hope all the sick are better today....prayed for you & families. Keep praying for our soldiers....& thanks.
Have a good weekend. http://home.att.net/~scorh2/Angel1z.gif

sami
11-08-2003, 11:02 AM
JOIN US ON POST #177

SunnyD57
11-08-2003, 01:27 PM
STOP HERE...

Just thought I would lend a helping hand and leave a LINK BELOW to our next thread... hope you don't mind Sami ;)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34225