Carb Counters - For The Scale Obsessed!!!

View Full Version : For The Scale Obsessed!!!

Froufy
10-22-2003, 12:16 PM
For those of us who are scale obsessed - a great article to gain a better perspective!

http://www1.excite.com/home/health/diet_center_article/0,20766,1454,00.html?PG=home&SEC=high2

Froufy;)

StorybookMama
10-22-2003, 12:23 PM
Ahh, yes... at some point in the last month, I have been all of those.....

Good read!!

StarPrincess
10-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Aw, geez, Froufy! But I LOVE my scale! If I start relying more on other things, it may start telling me I weigh more out of spite.

Just kidding ;) Really, a very good article! Thanks for the perspective check!

clynne
10-27-2003, 05:33 AM
Star Princess, I just noticed that you have lost 39 pounds in 104 days. That is fantastic!!!!!!! .375 pounds per day average. Tell us your secrets!

jdoggmartin
10-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Definitely, StarPrincess!! Tell us your secrets! I have been so impressed at your weightloss! You are an inspiration!

Take care,
Jina

StarPrincess
10-27-2003, 11:53 AM
LOL - thanks you guys! Just when I was feeling down because
TOM has me all retaining and stuff. :^:

Really, there's no secret. I try not to cheat - ever. I think that's the biggest thing for me. I have had one "cheat" since I started this and that was a 1/4 slice of normal bread and 3 bites of hash browns. :o

I also get exercise every day, but only "work out" 3 times a week. The rest of the time, I take my dogs for walks, or go shopping (lots of walking there!) or something like that. My biggest challenge has been pulling my fanny up off the couch. The husband works swing and I work days and we don't have kids, so it's very easy to go into "slug" mode and stay on the couch all night. I try to keep moving.

I don't know - I don't really think I'm doing anything different from the rest of you. Am I?

supersized
10-27-2003, 01:58 PM
That's fantastic StarPrincess! You're numbers are awesome. I do good with the eating but horrible with the exercise. I'm very sporadic. I've got to ger serious with that piece of it.

StarPrincess
10-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Then I guess that it's the exercise. Though, when I say exercise, I generally mean pilates. I don't like to do anything that makes me pant or sweat (well, pretty much anything :devil: ) I don't do aerobics or lift weights. The aerobic exercise I get is on the dog walks or bike rides - they don't really happen right now since it's getting cold.