Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 05:40 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's....(#47)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 05:43 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #46 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!
Old 10-21-2003, 06:45 PM   #3  

Sherry ...glad you are feeling a little better today....get plenty of rest and get back on your feet soon.

Glad everyone else seems to be doing fine.
Went to a wk/end festival where the town closes their downtown area and have Court Day...a big flea market...was a blast.

well off to get settled in for the game tonite

Vickster
Old 10-21-2003, 06:54 PM   #4  

Debbie-I'm so glad you posted!! Good luck on Adkins. Everyone is different. What works for some doesn't for others.

Mike is definitly not working with John anymore. They parted ways. Actually, he has been a different person just in the last 2 days! Even though John has come over to get rid of loose ends, Mike is much happier not having to answer to him. I'm sure he will find something. Right now he is taking the rest of the week off to do a couple of things around the house (so he says, at least!)

Sherry-Please, don't think that you are okay just because you aren't knocked out and feeling bad. You need to rest for the next week, so you won't have a relapse. I don't even know what pleurasy is, but it sounds serious.

Dee-I can't believe your luck! It seems you are always winning things!! Do you play the lotto often??

Mary was not at work today, so I had to cover the whole office. What fun!!LOL. I hope she is there tomorrow. She was sick. Now we are responsible for copying also, so I was trying to get caught up with that also. For some reason, I am the one that everyone runs to whenever the machines are broken also. Anyway, you wouldn't believe the amount of copying we do. The teachers have us copy complete books and make tons of copies of each page. One teacher alone used 1500 sheets of paper for something she needed copied. I hate that job too!! Sherry-do you do production work or do ya'll have somebody that does it exclusively? I wish we did!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:51 PM   #5  

Vicki I love flea markets. Sounds like you had a good time.

Shelley your right I am pretty lucky. The scarey thing is that something bad has to happen first before I win. Or I will win and then something bad will happen. Even my friends here know that. It gives me a reason to keep going when things are bad. I never play the loto. I am too scared to win. I am glad that you have Mike's partner out of the house. Better for both of you.

Sherry tells us what this pleurasy is. Do keep resting.

I am going to run. I am going to aqua fit. Have a good night.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:06 PM   #6  

Dee,
I'm posting what Pleurisy is........

Pleurisy is a term used to describe the chest pain associated with inflammation of the pleura. The pleura consists of two thin layers of tissue. One layer lines the inside chest wall and the other covers the lungs. The tiny space between the two layers is called the pleural cavity. This cavity normally contains a small amount of lubricating fluid that allows the two layers to slide over each other when a person breathes.

When the pleura becomes inflamed (pleuritis), the layers rub together, resulting in the pain of pleurisy. Fluid may build up in the pleural cavity (pleural effusion) and may increase the severity of the pain. The pain of pleurisy usually starts suddenly and often is described as a stabbing pain.

The pain may be continuous, but it usually gets worse when the person inhales. The person may avoid breathing deeply to prevent the pain.
The pain may be only on one side of the chest. It may radiate to a shoulder or the abdomen.
The pain is usually worse with coughing, sneezing, or sudden moves.

Pleurisy can develop because of inflammation, infection, injury, or a tumor in the pleura. It can also occur if one of these conditions develops in the lungs and then spreads to the pleura.

Most cases of pleurisy do not have an obvious cause and are believed to be viral. They may or may not be accompanied by typical viral symptoms, like fever, headache, and muscle aches. Pleurisy caused by a virus usually lasts a few days to 1 or 2 weeks. Very rarely, some viral infections of the pleura can be contagious.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:50 PM   #7  
Losing it!

Sherry, I hope your feeling better by tonight. My mother has suffered from bouts of this for years. It's serious business, do like the others suggested and get some much needed and deserved rest. Ya, Allison missed me sooooo bad!!! A few nights called and she would cry on the phone, talk about breaking your heart....but, a "talking stick horse" made it all better! Actually, I think she would of been ok but with both Steve and I being gone, it was too much.

Shelley, I hope everything works out for you and Mike. I bet he is relieved.

Deb, nice hearing from you!!! I need to get this big butt back in gear too!

Vickster, still scrap'n??

Dee, CONGRATS on the win!!!! Where will you get to go for the concert?

One of my Hospice clients that I was very fond of passed away. He must of knew that his life was ending. The last time I seen him, he kept wanting to review his life and when I started to leave, he wanted to hold my hand. He held it and told me to be careful and that he wished only the best for me and to stay safe. I'm sad tonight because of things I can't go into, but please say a prayer for a very special person.

Liz was parked at our local mall last night working. Someone broke out her drivers side window and ripped out part of her dash to get to the stereo. She was parked two rows from the building with lighting all around! The police officer says this happens all of the time.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:53 AM   #8  

Titan and Doni have birthdays coming up. Ladies, please post and let us know how you will be celebrating!

Gayle-Sorry to hear about the stolen stereo. When we were in the stereo business, I can't tell you the countless times that people had their stereos ripped from their cars in daylight! Also, it must be so hard working with Hospice patients and having them pass away.

Sherry-Thanks for the definition. I certainly hope that you are still resting. That means NO cleaning the house for this week!!
Old 10-22-2003, 09:38 AM   #9  

Sherry thanks for posting the info. That is pretty serious stuff. Take it easy.

Gayle it is always sad when we lose someone that we love. I give you credit to be able to do hospise care. You know that you are dealing with very sick people. It takes someone special to be able to do that. That's our Gayle. I will say a prayer for you special friend. Even here where we live stereos are stolen all the time. It feels so invasive when something like that happens. The Loretta Lynn concert is here. So no we won't be traveling. It will be just fun to see her. We might be the youngest people there.

Shelley I hope that you have a stressfree day at work.

Debbie post again we miss you.

Got to get ready for my walk.........have a good one!
Old 10-22-2003, 11:15 AM   #10  

Hello

Well I'm home again. I had plans to work today but my chest & back are worse today then yesterday. I also have a real bad cough today that I didn't have yesterday. Go figure!! But hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I just don't see how I could be worse today with two shots in me and being on the Z-Pak!

Gayle,
I will say a prayer for your special friend. I'm so sorry to hear that he died. I agree with the others, it takes a special person to do what you do with hospice. You are VERY special!! Do you remember the family friend of mine that passed away about 2 months ago? Well they had hospice care and they were WONDERFUL!! BTW: I'm sorry to hear about Liz' car. Chris has got a device where he pulls the cover of his stero off so it can't be stolen. Know what I'm talking about?

Dee,
When is the concert? I know you're excited! I think I'll come to Canada & go with ya!!! It's going to be around 70 today (78 Yesterday) But this weekend and the first of next week it's dropping down to the 50's!!!

Shelley,
Maybe it was good that Mike & his partner split. Everything happens for a reason. He'll get a job doing something better. Remember...It took Wayne 6 weeks to find something better!! Hang in there! BTW: I don't do any of the copying unless the girl is off work. We have a full-time person who does the copying and works in the cafe'.

Debbie,
I know that you will and have always done well on the Adkins plan. We have had a long talk about this and I do feel you're doing the right thing! Every plan works different for different people. Which ever you do and stick with is the important thing...getting that weight off is what counts!!! Love ya!!

I'm going to lay back down. I'll talk at ya'll later!!

Love Ya.......

Last edited by Sherry; 10-22-2003 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:26 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Thank you for the kind words!!!! I guess it upsets me even more because this was such a kind hearted soul. He had a brother and sister that lived away from here, I do not know the reasons, but they didn't even have a funeral service for him! I called the funeral home to check on times assuming a small service or even graveside rites...nothing. I guess I shouldn't judge, but I thought it seemed disrespectful, I know I needed to go to the funeral for closure, plus he had friends and deserved some type of service.

Sher: STAY IN BED!!!!!!!! (Not with Wayne though!!) REST, REST, REST!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 02:10 PM   #12  
Losing it!

WINTERS DAY
Old 10-22-2003, 02:12 PM   #13  
Losing it!

@#!^^&%*$#@!!!!!!! I tried four flippin times to attach the image and it kept saying it was to big. Just as soon as I don't add the text, then it finally decided to take it!!!!

I painted this yesterday, a 16x20 stretched canvas with oils. Whatcha guys think???
Old 10-22-2003, 02:58 PM   #14  

Wow that is beautiful!!!!! Gayle what a great job.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:57 PM   #15  

Gayle, what a lovely painting. You are indeed an artist who puts her soul into her work.
Closed Thread