Weight Loss Support - Stay at home Mom's #94

View Full Version : Stay at home Mom's #94

ECmom
10-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Hi!
Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, laughter and support as we raise families, regain health and lose weight. All are welcome!

ECmom
10-21-2003, 08:03 AM
Good morning,
Got everyone off to an early start this am, so I thought I would stop in and say hello.

Jen and Jackie- I am praying for both of you with what you are facing today. Jen- please let us know what the sono results are.

Spryng-(who left a nice long post at the end of the last thread)- it sure must be tough with all the hellos and goodbyes and little ones not knowing when or why Dh is on an irregular schedule. Glad you enjoyed that issue of WW magazine. Sounds like a good one!! BTW- one "Laura tip" from the last meeting. As far as candy goes and upcoming holidays. She suggested getting a 2points bar (sold by WW but the Slimfast chewy caramel snack bars are great and also only 2 points and are MUCH cheaper!) and cutting it into 4 pieces- sort of like one of those snack candy bars. Put that in a zip lock bag sooooooo when the kids or anyone else is having chocolate- you can have some too. I am going to try that idea for sure. Glad too that your Dd is so good at cheering mommy up! Give all your sweeties a big hug for me, ok?

Got my walk in this am~ and have a ton of errands today. And some sewing to do also. So gotta scoot. As far as a WW meeting, I think I am going to the Wed PM one in another town. (no Laura, sniff, sniff). I will catch up with her again next week.
See ya later and have a great morning!!!
Ginny

spryng
10-21-2003, 10:09 AM
Good morning all!
Ginny, can you believe its almost WI day for you again? Boy the weeks are sure flying aren't they?? That is a great idea about candy. Although candy and sweets are something I can easily pass up. I have problems passing up LOTS of turkey and dressing and such... but I think this year will be different. I mean I will certainly save my FPs for those meals but I don't think I will go over board because I get full so fast. Dh says buying a big meal for me is a waste of money because I'm lucky if I can eat half of it, :) But I tell him that is a good thing. Another hard thing for me to pass up is alcohol. When all the family gets together I like to have some wine or something and that takes up points very quickly. In fact that's how I used most of my points this past weekend. But I'm still staying within my boundries so I don't worry about so much. I just plan ahead. And yes that WW magazine was really good. I think it is very well written and it has so many ads in it of yummy low point food! With coupons! I will have to buy some of them.
Well today I have nothing planned to do. Probably just piddle around the house. I have to wash a load of clothes (I have one pair of jeans that are size 12s, so I have to wash them everyday so I can wear them everyday, now that they are getting loose I can't bring myself to buy more of them) Well, guess I'll get off here. My thoughts are with everyone here today. It seems that so many of us are facing hard and tragic times right now... I hope a smile comes across everyone's faces today and a little happiness too... you all deserve it. I hope to hear from you all later. Have a great day!

K2BMe
10-21-2003, 10:36 AM
Good Morning!! I'm just peeping in :)
I'm still pregnant! going on 36 weeks. Last night was pretty rough I really thought I was going to the hospital to deliver. BUT... I'm still here and he's still in there.
Sorry I haven't been around. Its difficult for me to keep up with all the posts at this point and I feel bad when I can't address everyone. I keep you all in my prayers tho.

Ginny I'm so sorry to hear about your situation with your Dd. Teens are difficult. Gosh my teen years were a nightmare and when I think of all the heartacke I brought to my father it makes me want to cry. Even with all those years of butting heads, today we are closer than ever. This too will pass. And like Spryng said your a wonderful loving mother. Hang in there. Oh and congrats on being a loser!

Karen, I am amazed with the success you are having with the adkins. I saw the photo of you in your van a few threads back and let me say WOW! You lok fantastic. Like a new person. Oh I am so happy for you. I know all the new confidence and happiness that comes with losing like you are. You must feel great. I can't remember but I think your sig says youv'e lost 17 inches? And are wearing a medium sweat pants down from a XLarge. WTG! I'm so proud of you. Its just so neat to sit back and remember when you first came to SAHM's and began this journey and look at your progress. You certianly are an inspiration. :)

Jen, I hope all goes well with your tests today. I'm not sure what exactly is hapening with you. I think I missed that post. But I'll keep you in my prayers.

Spryng, I'm glad to hear Dh is done with all his training and off on his own. Also that he loves his new job. It's great to hear you have adjusted to your new found indendence too. It's not so bad doing your errands with kids either. I take mine everywhere. Once they adjust its a breeze. It's a very rare occasion that I even go see the OB with out my girls. They grow up so fast. Most of the time I enjoy their company. And like you said with some planning everything can be accoplished. I was wondering too, how many weeks did you deliver Tanner? Oh and so glad to hear you are loving the WW plan!

I hope I didn't miss any one. If there are any newcomers Welcome to SAHM's.

Oh and Mel. I didn't see a post from you. Hope you are doing alright. I remembered awhile back you were having portraits of Myra and said you'd post them... did you? If someone could point me to them, I'd certianly love to see the litle doll.

Things here are going along. We are having an Indian Summer. And its absolutly beautiful in the mountains this time of year. All the colors of the leaves changing. This is my favorite time of year. The kids are really enjoying the outdoors. I'm doing pretty good with the baby. They haven't given me any idea how big he might be so 'm guessing around 8#. I feel pretty good most days. I'm just getting really excited to see him. Wish there was a way I could get a little peek :) I've never carried a baby past 36 weeks so I sorda feel he will be here soon. My birthday is Oct 30th I'm thinking it would be so neat to share that day with him. But for now I need to get started, the girls are getting bored and need to go outside.

jelynn
10-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Str

Still having major computer problems- you wouldn't believe the hoops I have to go through to get here! lol But I wanted to let Jen and Jackie and everyone really that I'm thinking of you. If I'm not around for a few days it's not for lack of want or probably trying! We are getting a new computer (yay!) but it may be a week or 2. I'll try to get back and try to be lighter when I do!!
Great job all you losers and big hugs to those that need them!
take care!

KarenW
10-21-2003, 04:05 PM
Jen and Jackie - I am thinking of you too!

Michelle - Thanks so much for the kind words! I dont know about inspiration, but I am determined! I do feel like a new woman! You take care of yourself. Post when you can and let us know when that baby comes! It really has gone fast!

Spryng - My kids still act up when they know daddy is going on a business trip. My 7YO DS still has potty accidents when DH is gone. DD crys and pouts and tantrums. I think it is just a natual thing for kids! However, I think your children will get used to it more than mine do because DH only leaves about 1 week every 6 months or so.

Ginny - I hope things calm down with DD. I remeber the fights my dad and I would have. She will wake up one morning and realize "mom was right!" I can still remember the day I called mom from College ( I was 19 or 20) and I told mom that I was starting to realize, why she did and said the things she did. Your day will come.. My mom still teases me about it.. and I am almost 37 now!

As for me.. I am having a very sad day. I just found out that my crochet student who has been battling breast cancer for 7 years died yesterday. I am so upset because she was like mom/grandmother to me. I know she is not in pain any longer.. but I am going to miss her her so much. Her funeral is on Friday, DH is staying home so I can go...

I am thinking that this year I may walk the Race for the Cure here in Seattle in her memory. I feel like I need to do something!!

Anyway.. I am going to run. DD is home from school now and needs her lunch!

Hugs to all.

gemini
10-21-2003, 05:01 PM
I think this thread is just about due for some good news.............

My u/s was clear today! Get this........... they tell me today that my second mammogram, the close-up they took of what they thought they saw on the first film, showed nothing. The ultrasound was just to confirm, which it did. So, there never was a "lump." :) Now, I do still have lumpy tissue in that area of the breast, but there is no tumour or mass or anything that was detected via radiology. So, it is probably just fibrocystic, which is fine. I follow up with my doc next Monday. She should have the full report by then, but all looks well. :)

I gotta make the rest of this quick, as dd has dance classes and ds has a hockey game.

Jackie, I hope you are holding up ok. Thinking of you, hon.

Karen, I am so saddened about the news of your dear friend. It is my turn to send the hugs and comfort. I am thinking of you........

Emily, sorry for your computer troubles. Hope the new one arrives soon. :)

Michele, thanks for checking in. Won't be long now.... hang in there!!!

Ginny, thanks for the extra prayers. :) I am still sending out good thoughts to you. I hope you are getting some "me" time in.

gotta run.... hugs to all..........

gemini
10-21-2003, 07:00 PM
Just a few rambling thoughts and commentary......

Why does the body choose to shed weight from the areas that need to lose the least, first? My fingers have gotten thinner! Thankfully, I could squeeze my spoon ring (given to me by a special friend) together a bit ...... I was afraid it might fly right off my finger! Truly, I did not have sausage fingers! There is no need for weight to come from there! Honestly, I don't know why I can't shed it from my hips at the same rate!!! :lol:

On a positive note, my bras are still fitting just fine, so it is not coming from there. Actually, dh thinks I am looking "bustier" since my torso is slimmer. Of course, due to three rounds of lactation, I still could use a "lift"........ I could never go without a good bra!!! Thank goodness for underwires!!!!!! :o

I also wouldn't mind to take a bit off my feet. I am not tall, but wear a size 9 shoe........ well, that was BK (before kids)..... now I am a 9 1/2. A friend at work said her feet just continue to spread as she gets older. Great..... maybe Michael Jordan will send me some of his old shoes. :?:

Hope I could make you smile........ :)

Sandybrat
10-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Hello Everyone!! I have been under the weather so havent been posting much... last week was TOM and now i have the yucks...lol never a dull moment here! Jen, u made me laugh... i have an appointment with a plastic surgeon on Oct. 30 about getting my breasts reduced... and i am hoping perked up a bit... lol that sounds so terrible and vain but i would love it...lol .
Karen.. i am so sorry for your loss... i have lost a cousin and have 2 now who are battleing breast cancer. You and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers. To everyone else... take care of U... Remember that u are beautiful and with the help of each other we can accomplish anything!!

Sandy

need2losemore
10-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Hi all,
Jen, that was too funny. But I hear you about losing weight from the fingers. I had my wedding band sized up a year ago so I could wear it, and now its so big, it slips off. I hope everyone has a better couple of weeks. As for me, we got our power 90 videos and have started them. Hope they work. I will get back on here later.
Ricci

ECmom
10-21-2003, 11:01 PM
Its been busy here and that is so good.

Michele- gee, am I glad you stopped in!!!!!! Your little guy is still hanging in there- at 36 weeks!! (I had one who did that too). Well, it is so nice an cozy and mommy loves him so much~aw, can you blame him? He does not have swollen ankles, heartburn, backaches or a fat tummy so it does not matter to him! Glad you are ok and enjoying the beautiful fall with your girls (it is my favorite time of year too!). Hang in there- post when you can. We miss you.

Karen- this has been a tough week here.....I am so sorry about your Df who lost her battle with breast cancer. Perhaps you can dedicate a special pattern to her (with all your crochet talents). And I agree with you the Race for the Cure would probably be good for you. If I should slip and forget to mention it here, I will be praying for you Friday. Nice of Dh to take the day off so that you can attend the funeral.

Jen- that is just awesome news about your sono!!!!! Gee, you must be so relieved. And I know that stuff can show up on one view of a mammo and not the other (that happened to me)- and the same dumb whatever showed up for 2 years and mysteriously dissappeared. BTW, should the fibrocystic stuff get extra achy around PMS time (mine did) reducing caffiene and taking vitamin E helped ease the discomfort. I loved your comment on thin fingers......and not losing where you want to. I look pg even when not-and have always carried my weight in my tummy. Of course that is where I will lose it last......if I ever lose it at all!!:lol: Yes you made me smile......and I could never make it if it were not for heavy duty bras either (nursing 3 babies did me in too!) So I need a tummy tuck.....boob lift.....liposuction.....oh, golly I need more than even Bill Gates could afford:lol: .

Emily- hope that you get that computer soon! The new ones are so fast and easier to use. Congrats.

Spryng- so we have one more thing in common.......I have only one pair of size 12's also!!! And just this am I noticed what I think is the beginning of the end of them- bagginess, which I know is a good sign. As far as Thanksgiving goes- you got it right, plan, plan, plan!!!!!! What I have learned is for those things that you do not really want to give up is to come up with a lower point version (even stuffing can be made with broth and or reduced fat margarine replacing all or some of the butter), turkey is low in points anyway and using a lot of portion control. Doing all that and saving up those flex points- plus adding an extra AP or two (go for a walk after dinner!) should get you thru it. Laura has also mentioned not really going off program, but just relaxing a bit- not eating the foods that are just extra to you and enjoying (within reason using portion control) what you like. It is only one day, right?????? As far as the alcohol goes, how about consuming a little bit less? I can ask next time I get to a full meeting (which will probably be next week).

Sandy- sorry you are not feeling well!! Hugs to you- Gee, is it that soon already that you are getting to the plastic surgeon (seems like yesterday when you first mentioned it). Are you getting excited about it? Sorry to hear that breast cancer runs in your family- guess you know that October is breast cancer awareness month.

Which leads me to remind everyone to check themselves this month (ok we should be doing this every month!)- but it is important to take care of ourselves. Our families depend on us.

Speaking of which, I made my appt for a flu shot this am.
Tomorrow I am going pumpkin picking with Dd and her class- and should be able to spend most of the day with them before I have to go to work. It is supposed to be cold, but sunny. And I love fall weather, so that is fine. WI is tomorrow evening- if I am still awake enough to get there. It is the only time that will work out for me this week and I doubt I will stay for much of the meeting (it is not Laura anyway). I will let you know how I did. Gotta go pay some bills. Things with Dd are improving but still tense. I feel so bad for her......there does not seem to be a college that meets all of her criteria and she will have to prioritize and compromise on her "want" list. (but then that is the way much of life is, right?). At least Dd and Dh are talking for now......and I am thankful for that.
Gotta go- have a great nite.
Ginny

missmom
10-22-2003, 09:05 AM
Hi. Can I join in to this group/thread? I am a sahm in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada to a 7 1/2 year old girl and a 5 1/2 year old boy. I have gotten tired of never buying myself any nice clothes and never being able to look at myself in the mirror. I bought myself a really nice Columbia winter jacket in a smaller size than I need right now - this is my incentive.
I am currently at 185 and hope to someday get down to about 130....someday. Right now I will be happy with 150.
Laurie

spryng
10-22-2003, 10:12 AM
Good morning all!
Boy am I behind!! I used the quick reply last time so I didn't get any email notifications so I was thinking no one was posting!! I'll be ok... :)

Misty!!! I'm so glad you dropped by! 36 weeks huh? Wow, your other two came that early too? Did you have to stay longer in the hospital or were they ready and healthy to come home right away? I went a day past my due date. I'm one of those women who's body won't give the baby up... lol. Ava came two days early... Joseph came one day late and Tanner was one day late, but I was induced with Tanner so he probably would've been really late had I gone on my own. But please keep us updated! Can't wait to hear all about your birth story!!
Welcome Laurie! of course you may join us! I'm Spryng, mother of 3 (3,2, and 4 months) and wife of 5 years to a now over the road truck driver, so I'm basically a single parent most of the time. :) I hope you find this thread home. What plan are you on? I'm on weight watchers. After trying so many different diet plans and doing ok on most but getting frustrated with not being able to eat my favorite foods or denying myself things I really love, this is the plan for me!!! I love it so much. I know I'll never go off of it. :) But feel free to post often and I can't wait to get to know you better!
Ginny that is funny about our size 12 jeans. Do you have to wash yours constantly? I try to wear my pjs alot when I know I'm not going anywhere so I don't wear those poor jeans out, lol. They have to last me at least until I hit a 10. Can't wait to hear about your WI and your meeting! I'm sending you skinny vibes!!!!!
Jen I am so thrilled that you got good news!!!! You deserved it and it sounds like you are back to your old self again which is wonderful!
Well I would like to get more personal but I have to get myself dressed and the kids to go to town and return some movies and such. I think I am going to rent another movie for me today... anyone seen The Hours?? Looked like a chick flick I would enjoy. I love horror movies though and really want to rent a couple of those but I know better than to watch them while Dh is gone... I will have nightmares or my imagination will take over my senses once the sun sets so I only watch them when he comes home and I know the boogie man won't mess with me when my big strong man is here, lol :lol:
Ok, I'm feeling a little looney myself today. I really hope we can all have a wonderful OP day and everyone is happy and smiling!!! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts too Karen, and that is a wonderful idea to do that walk in her honor! What a thoughtful person you are.
Well I've got to go. TTYL!

gemini
10-22-2003, 10:19 AM
Good morning, friends..... :)

Welcome Laurie! I am Jen, mom of three, ages 8, 6, and almost 3. We are always happy to have "newbies". :)

Ginny, I'm glad to hear things are better with dd. Although I'm sorry she's in such turmoil over finding a college. It is such a difficult decision. But I know she is getting wonderful guidance from you........ all teens should be so lucky. :) Thanks for the advice on the fibrocystic pain.... it comes and goes, and is not really dependant on the time of the month. I was having some intense pain from it the beginning of this month, but now that I am PMS'ing....... nothing. It is hard for me to cut down on caffeine when I am working, but I do limit myself to one cup/day when I'm not working. I will try the vitamin E, though, thanks. :) And, I am in the same boat with the tummy. I have never had a flat tummy, even when I was a healthy, toned 126lb teenager. And after 3 c-sections, well, those muscles are not the easiest to firm up. But, we do what we can, right? So, if I ever win the lottery, I promise to swing by and pick you up on my way to my tummy tuck/boob lift/liposuction...... my treat! :lol:

Ricci, hope you are enjoying those tapes. As for your rings, you can get some lttle rubber "sizers" that fit over the band and help them fit a bit more snuggley. I think I have seen them in Wal-Mart. That way you wouldn't have to worry about losing them.

Sandy, sorry you are not feeling well. But I know you are excited for your appointment with the PS. I hope it goes well! :)

So, since we have begun talking about Thanksgiving, I have been scouring the WW website for recipes. I found a good-looking 2pt stuffing recipe, and lots of ones for soups and potatos. I am going to start trying them out over the next few weeks, so that the family can choose their faves for Thanksgiving Day. I agree with not worrying about one day. But since both dh and I are counting points, I thought it would be smart to try to cook healthier. It will be fun to try out the new recipes. :)

Now, I must make one last comment........ first, let me just say that I completely understand the need for this 3FC site to use advertising. After all, it may be free for us to come here, but it costs mucho dinero to maintain the site, and that money must come from somewhere...... hence, the advertising. And, where would we all be without this site, right? Now, that being said, I must add that I have become EXTREMELY annoyed with the new advertising banners along the right side of the pages!!!! I don't like that they have made our pages more narrow, and I swear, all that flashing is going to send me into a seizure!!!!

OK, I am done being witchy. Hope everyone has a great day........... :)

missmom
10-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Hi. Thanks for the welcome. Currently, I am not on any diet. This was a decision I made this morning while lying awake in bed at 5am - that enough is enough...I am done lying to myself that I am not overweight. I am done with the unreal body image ... I am admitting that I am not what I used to be. Ignorance is not bliss...it is being overweight and unhappy.

gemini
10-22-2003, 10:23 AM
Spryng, you snuck in on me......... I rented The Hours a fewmonths ago when dh had gone out for a night with the boys. It is FABULOUS!!!! Go for it! :) (bear in mind, though, that it is not a happy-feely movie)

ECmom
10-22-2003, 10:27 AM
Good morning!!!
Welcome Laurie!!!!!! Of course you can join us. This is a great bunch of ladies.
Jen and Spryng- good to hear from you.......I will respond later. Gotta go pumpkin Pickin'! Have a great morning.
ginny

gemini
10-22-2003, 10:34 AM
Ginny, happy pumpkin pickin'! :)

Just thought I'd let you all know that I have set a new mini-goal for myself. I thought I'd choose Thanksgiving Day as the next date...... it is just a little over 5 weeks away (can you believe it?!?!?!) I have gone conservative and am shooting for an average of 1 pound/week. :)

Sandybrat
10-22-2003, 10:41 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!!! Welcome Laurie... I am Sandy sahm to 3. My daughter Jordan is 10. Sons Hunter and Sawyer are 7 and 4. I have been married for going on 11 years to my best friend... He's and attorney and travels alot for court so i feel like a single mom alot as well. I just realized i dont know if i told u all my story when i started posting here... cant remember...lol if not htere it is in a nut shell... if i did then sorry for the replay... LOL!! I an actually kinda nervous about the visit to the PS.. but after waking up this morning and yesterday morning hurting i realize it the right thing to be doing. Hopefully all will go well. This cold seems to be getting better... at least the sore throat is gone... now it just itches...lol the kind where you really cant get to to relieve. But that tells me it getting better. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Jen, just try to remember that as long as u teach your daughter to be true to herself she will be way ahead of the game.... Take care of u today...

Love and laughter,
Sandy

KarenW
10-22-2003, 11:24 AM
Good morning!

Welcome Laurie! I am Karen SAHM of 2 DS age 7 and dd age 5 (we have our kids ages in common!) DH and I have been married 13 years and we live in Western Washington State (which is flooding right at the moment! :eek: ) As per my doctor's request, I am on Atkins and finding that eating Low Carb is working for me. But no matter what WOE you choose, we all really support each other and our efforts!!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers for my friend Linda. I am so bummed she is gone. And Ginny, You and I think alike... I already have a project in mind and I am going to Michaels today to get some of the supplies.. Ill post a picture when I am done to see what you think! :) I am not going to say yet what it is as many times I come up with one idea, and it evolves into something else entirely as I am working.

Tonight is our Daisy Troop Inverstiture Ceremony. I am crazy with stress ( I have to do a welcome speech and I dont like to speak in front of a group!! ) But I am really excited for the girls! It will be fun for them to get their pins and first few patches. Think of me around 7 pm pacific time! I could use all the good thoughts I can get!! :)

I better run.. time to get the kids dressed for school! Hugs and I will talk to you later!

need2losemore
10-22-2003, 12:11 PM
Welcome, Laurie. I am Ricci sahm to two boys, 3 and 5. Hope you come in here often. The women in here are a great source of support for losing weight, and for ALL the stuff that comes with being a mother. I can't belive that Thanksgiving is only 5 months away. If any of you want to try a WW recipie, you should try the orange dreamsicle cake. Its posted in the WW thread. Even though I am not doing WW, I made the cake last week for my MOMS club halloween party and everyone loved it. The leftovers dh took to work and all the people there ate it. Should have seen the look on hubbys face when I told him it was low fat and low sugar.:lol:
I started the Power90 tapes on monday, and doing the whole portion control thing. I couldn't help myself i had to WI today, and I have lost 2 lbs since monday. I hope this is only the beginning. My brother is getting married the first weekedn of December, and I don't want to be the chubby sister in the wedding pictures. They say to take a before pic, which I did. I would post it, but am waaayyy to embarressed. Talk about motivation..
Jen, glad to know your U/S was fine. Karen, I am sorry for the loss of your friend, and can't wait to see what you make in her honor. Sorry if i missed any of you. Hope everyone has a good week.
Ricci

spryng
10-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Good afternoon all!
Wow this thread is HOT today!!! :) Sounds like everyone is doing great though. I didn't get to rent a movie. Hastings (the movie place I like) didn't have any electricity and only let me return my dvds. So I didn't get anything. 0-well. I did get a tiny bit of grocery shopping done so I have stuff to eat until friday when I will do my major shopping. I am looking for great recipes though for this week to try, so if you know of any let me know!
Well, I'm off here to grab a nap. TTYL!

K2BMe
10-22-2003, 06:36 PM
I sat down here to answer the phone and cant get back up!!! So I decided to check in on ya'ins.

Jen thanks for the laughs :) I'm so glad your sono came out alright. And good luck on your Thanksgiving Day challenge!

Ginny, glad to hear some of the peace is back in your home and that dd and dh are seaking again. Good luck with your WI!

Karen... you have twin sons? I think thats what I just gathered. WOW. I always wanted twins.

Spryng my girls were both nice sized babies. The oldest spent a few hrs in and incubator because of jondice but she was 8#2oz. My husband and I just make really large babies. I can't even imagine how huge they would have been if I'd carried them 40 weeks.

Ricci, Laura and Sandy HI! I'm sorry I have to skip off now. I feel a burst of energy :)

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY!!!

jelynn
10-22-2003, 06:51 PM
Yay I can post. Still using this crappy computer that is having major problems. Tried to get on earlier and could read, but not post.
Anyway- hello Laurie! :wave: I am Emily mom to 3 boys 5,3, and 6 months today! All sorts of fun :) I'm trying my "own plan" as well and when I'm motivated it goes great!

Jen- I'm so glad there was nothing there! What a huge relief.
Michelle- glad to see you hanging in there. Sounds like you could be days away! Good luck to you :)

Ok, this computer isn't letting me go back and check messages so sorry I can't get more personal! (no mouse-grrr)
Hope you are all having a great week. I'll check in as I can.

spryng
10-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Good evening all.
Just posting real quick here. I'm feeling terrible. The two older kids have been throwing up all evening and now I feel nausious (sp?) too. Ugh. I hope it's not something we ate. I've been thinking about it all night and it couldn't be something we ate because we all had different stuff... so maybe it's a virus or something. Are there viruses that just make you vomit??? I hope it goes away soon. I don't want to be up all night hovering the toilet or cleaning up messes in the kids rooms. But I need to go to sleep now. I feel so drained. I'm 4 pts under my target but I know better than to eat right now, it will not stay down. I hope everyone else is having a better night than I am. TTYL.

missmom
10-23-2003, 10:01 AM
I did good yesterday. I had some no fat yogurt for breakfast, some low fat feta cheese and cucumber slices for lunch and a small portion of low fat canneloni for dinner. I even had 4 glasses of water yesterday.
Is anyone here good at figuring out calories in items? And figuring out how many you should have a day?

spryng
10-23-2003, 10:31 AM
Good morning all!
Laurie, www.fitday.com is a good tool to use to find how many calroeis are in things. It's free to sign up and all that. I still use it to track my weight progress and such. And I wouldn't go under 1100-1200 calories a day if I were you. Your body will go into starvation mode if it thinks you are eating tool little. And change your calories every day, like on monday have 1200, tuesday have 1100, wednesday have 1300, etc. So that your body doesn't get used to one amount and your metabolism slow down because of it. HTH. But it sounds like you did well yesterday. :)
I am feeling better this morning. Still a little woozy... don't want to eat yet. but the kids are feeling great and that is what matters. My heart when out to them last night when they just kept getting sick. But thankfully neither of them needed me in the middle of the night. I needed myself last night!! I was sick almost all night long. But Tanner was a dear and slept until 7:30 this morning which I really needed.
Well I have nothing planned for today. I guess some light housework... don't know what is for dinner yet because I'm really not interested in food right now. Probably something with chicken though.
Ok, got to get off here. TTYL!

missmom
10-23-2003, 10:34 AM
Thanks - I just found that website and signed up.
Hope you are feeling better real soon.

KarenW
10-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Michelle - NO Twins! I forgot the comma! :) LOL!

Spryng - yes there is a virus that causes you to vomit, my son had it a couple of years ago. IT was a very strange virus though, because he would vomit and run a high fever for 23-48 hours and then be fine for 3 weeks then the next month it would happen again.. it was the most frustrating thing. But he had to work it out of his system!

Laurie - Fit day is all I use! I know you will find it very helpful!!

I have some really great news!!! I am not changing my signature yet, because monday is the official weigh in, but my scale showed another pound down! The reason I am so excited is because this is the lowest I have weighed since I moved to WA 4 years ago! WOO HOO!!! I was at 179-180 when we moved! Now I only have 10 pounds to get back to where I was when I lost all that weight on WW in 1999! WOO HOO!!!!!

Well, gotta run and pick up my SINGLE DS! LOL!

ECmom
10-23-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi!
Another hectic day draws to a close..........:dizzy:

Karen- enjoy the process on that project that you are making in memory of your Df. I can't wait to see the pictures of it- and I do hope that working on it helps bring some peace to you. You making something in her honor came to mind ~ I have seen shows (I am a wannabe quilter but do not have the time!) on AIDS quilts and how healing the process of creating can be (and I love to sew so I understand that!). Tomorrow is the funeral- I will be thinking of you. And congrats on the unofficial 1# loss!!!!!You are doing great!!! :)

Laurie- I agree with Spryng- it is not good to go too low with your calories. The range Spryng gave you is fine. Drink lots of water- 6-8 glasses a day is best. It does help curb your appetite and just helps your body run better. (most people, dieters or not do not drink enough water). And anytime you go on a diet it is a good idea to take a vitamin. If you can't swallow one, WW (which is what I am on) suggests even a childrens chewable will do. Better than nothing!!!!!! And eat balanced- fruits, veggies etc...... (sorry to sound like a mother hen). Are you getting any excercise????? And Welcome again......I hope you like it here!!:)

Spryng- Gee, my heart goes out to you, sick with 3 kids!!!! Hopefully Tanner did not get it either..........how ya feeling now, hon? My kids have had viruses like that- and sometimes the bug goes into stage 2- diarrhea- or the vomiting can replapse. Lots of clear fluids......jello is good and easy on the tummy. (the kids will love you for it!). Hang in there......

Emily- sorry about your computer woes...Are you getting a new one? We are glad to hear from you whenever- and that can be tough with a moody computer!!

Michele- a burst of energy, huh?????:) Gosh you are getting so close.......I am excited for you!!!! Forgive me for being brain dead, what name do you have picked out for him ?(I remember I loved the name and it was a southern sounding name). Feel good and keep in touch when you can!

Sandy- glad you are feeling better!!!! I did not know Dh was an attorney (good thing you were not here when I was bellyaching this summer about being on jury duty!!!) Hope your visit went well.......

Ricci- congrats on the Powertape 90 and your weight loss!!!!!! Sounds like it will work for you. What kind of program is it???Thanks for the idea on the orange dreamsicle cake- sounds yummy! I will have to check it out.

Pumpkin picking was good- but very cold!!! The trip was supposed to last all day and we all came home early because it was 37 degrees and very windy. (we were all frozen). But it was nice, and I got to spend the whole day with Dd by myself. She is such a joy to be with. (the 7 yr old). Got to the WW meeting last nite and I lost 0.6#. I was a bit upset that it was so low, as I had been very diligent all week but with an evening weighing I had been eating normally all day- and I usually WI in the am on an empty stomach. I never fare as well with evening WI's. Next week I'll get back to my home meeting and it should all work out.
I stayed for the lecture- and it was about the importance of eating carbs~ (she did a bit of Atkins bashing, so I will get off this topic as I know Karen has a medical reason for her program) and the right kind of carbs. A good and informative meeting- but I will be happy to get back to my usual one. Aw crum- Dd just came home and she is already fighting with Ds.... so I had better go.
Jackie- still thinking about you.....and hope that you and your family are holding up as well as can be expected.
See ya tomorrow!!!!!
Ginny

spryng
10-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Good evening all!
Karen I am so jealous!!! Another lb gone!! Wow! I'm so happy for you. Atkins is a great plan for you obviously. :) Keep up the good work.
Ginny I'm glad you had a nice day with dd. I love taking my dd with me for a day. She is so sweet and so much like myself. I hope to be able to do it again in the future. :) The kids felt fine today but I felt sick most of the day. I'm finally feeling a little normal tonight. I'm 2 pts under target but really don't feel like eating. I've had to force myself all day. So I'm glad I at least got 20 pts in. I've been drinking alot of fluids though trying to flush my system. I hope I feel like myself tomorrow because it's my big shopping day and a day to myself. I have been looking forward to it all week. I'm getting a feather bed, down comforter, perhaps a duvet, and the kids winter clothes and such. So I'll be shopping all day long. But I love it and I'll be counting it as exercise!!! lol.
Well I need to get in bed. I am so drained. Did anyone watch CSI tonight?? I cried and cried. I love that show but tonight's episode really tore my heart out of my chest. For those that didn't see it it had a case where a parent left his little baby in the car when it was 108 degrees out (135 in the car!) and he died. Then come to find out he did it on purpose!!!!! I know they didn't use a real baby or anything but it still got to me and I bawled. I know parents really do this and deaths happen and it's so terrible. Ok, I need to quit talking about this I'm about to cry again.
I'm off to bed and to think about happy thoughts... like how much I love my kids and they make my day!! :) TTYL!

gemini
10-24-2003, 09:43 AM
Good morning........

Just a quick note, as I need to head out to the kids' school...... I am volunteering at the monthly school store this morning. :)

Jackie and Karen, I am thinking of you both. I know this has been a tough week for you both. But Karen, congrats on another pound lost! :)

Spryng, hope your tummy is feeling better today. All three of my kids had a bug like that last winter at the same time... it was just awful. Enjoy your shopping trip today. And no, I did not watch CSI last night, specifically because of the subject.

Ginny, I'm glad you enjoyed your day with dd, even if it was cold. It has been so cold here, too!!! We were enjoying such a beautiful fall, and then WHAMMO..... it's like winter!!! brrrrrrr!!! And, congrats on your loss, too. Sorry it is not more, but a loss is a loss. :)

Emily, you have gotten good advice from the others. I just want to say WTG to you! :)

OK, I gotta run.... I will try to be back later..... have a good day.... :)

spryng
10-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Good morning all!
Jen have fun at that store! It will sure help the day pass faster. And about that CSI , I never watch cbs so I didn't see the previews to it, so when I flipped it over there I had no idea what the content was about for last nights show. I feel better about it today though. I know that things like that really happen and to do shows like that reminds parents that vehicles are not baby sitters... not even for a few minutes. You never know what can happen. That's also why I get a babysitter on fridays. So I can do all my running without the kids in tow... I hate to even get gas when they are in the car because I don't like to leave them in it while I run in and pay. So that is what fridays are all about for me.. to do things that are hard to do with my kids with me. I am so excited about today though. I've already got the kids dressed and myself ready... I'm just about to head out the door. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!! Oh and BTW, I do feel LOTS better today. So hopefully I'm over whatever it was that hit me. :)
TTYL!!

need2losemore
10-24-2003, 01:06 PM
Good morning.
Spryng, I hope you have a good day of shopping. It sounds like alot of fun, doing that alone. I am going shopping sunday for a dress for my brothers wedding. I am taking my mom with me for an opinion, because I am not too fashion coordinated.
Ginny, the Power90 is just a workout program that takes 90 days. You go back and forth between cardio and weight lifting, starting off with low, and then in a few weeks you move to the higher intensity. I was really really sore on Monday, but now, I am not sore at all. The videos have a clock in the corner of the screen, and a bar up the side so you can see how much further you have to go. I have decided to make Fridays my WI day. I have lost 5 lbs this week, and broke 165. I am so excited. I have been working out every day for the past two yrs, and have been stuck at 169. This is the best I have felt in a long time too. Its also amazing that dh is doing it too, that it was his idea. He has lost 6lbs this week.
I hope you all have a good weekend. Tomorrow we are going to my brothers couples shower at my moms house. Its going to be a bon fire, which according to the weather, will be good because its only supposed to be in the low 50's here tomorrow. I think we are done with the 80's. Yea!
Ricci

ECmom
10-24-2003, 02:23 PM
Good afternoon!!!!!!
Just a short check in to say hello. I have to head out in a few minutes to pick up my final round of monsters for the day and then I am off for the weekend!!!!!!
Great to hear from all of you and read all the posts.......see ya later.
Ginny

Spryng- glad you are feeling better!
Ricci- congrats on the 5# off!!!!!
Jen- your life sounds as busy as mine.....hope your volunteering went well.
Got my walk in and I am fine for points so far.:D Sorry for being so short.:dizzy:

gemini
10-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Ricci, congrats on your loss!!!! Isn't it nice when dh joins you? My dh is doing WW with me, and it makes it so much easier to follow the plan when he is not pigging out right beside me! :lol: I do have to say, though, that men's metabolism really ticks me off......... my dh has been on WW for only half the time as me, but has lost the same amount of weight! grrrrrrrr!

Well, I just gotta share....... I made spaghetti squash for the first time last night. I used it in a WW recipe for garlickey spaghetti squash and kielbasa..... it was delicious!!! I had some of the leftover squash for lunch today, with spaghetti sauce. I wasn't as crazy about that, and think I would have prefered it with just a bit of light butter and salt and pepper. But, it is VERY low in points, so try it, if you haven't already. :)

Oh, and another thing....... I think I am ready to proclaim that I am now a size 12! The suit I wore to the funeral this week was a 12, and I bought a new pair of size 12 jeans last week, that really weren't very comfortable when I bought them, but that I've been wearing all this week. :) I am going to try to hold off, though, on buying anything else, because I really would like to get down to a size 10....... that is really my "goal size"...... anything I lose after that will be a bonus.

So, just had to share that bit of news, and also that the scale is showing a good loss this week, but my official WI is not til Monday, so I will hold off til then. :)

All this, in spite of the fact that TOM is due to arrive in a few days.

Hope everyone is well.......... :)

gemini
10-24-2003, 02:32 PM
Ginny, you snuck in on me! Hope your final "deliveries" are uneventful...... enjoy your weekend!!!!! :)

ECmom
10-24-2003, 05:32 PM
Hi!
Yes, all the kiddies are home!!!!!! And I am one happy camper. It is nice to be home early today (elementary had a half day, so I am done!) Jen- congrats on being a size 12!!!!! What a great feeling. Big bummer about men losing so much faster...but that is just one of those things. We are blessed with so much that they are not~ and we have to hold on to our fat to make us able to carry babies, an honor indeed! BTW- yesterday I bought new sweats for me, medium (8-10) bottoms and a large top (12-14) and they fit!!!!! Dd thought I could have gone with a smaller top, but I am smaller in the hips than on top and I like a larger top. It has to show up on the scale somehow.........
Gotta go get dinner on. Oh, I love spaghetti squash. I enjoy it with garlic and a small amount of mozarella cheese on it to jazz it up a bit. Enjoy!
Ginny

spryng
10-24-2003, 06:49 PM
Good afternoon all!!!!
Wow, have I had a fun day! I just came home to put away groceries and have to head out to pick up the kids, but what a fantastic day!!!! I got some new clothes too! 75% off at the mall, and a new pair of black pants that are so fashionable!! I can't wait to waer them for Dh!!! I also got the kids winter clothes, groceried, bought my feather bed and comforter, etc. Wow! I am so tired!! LOL. But a good tired. I went to sonic for lunch and had their grilled chicken wrap. Well it said it came with LITE ranch dressing... I looked it up when I came home and it was 13 pts!! but that is ok. That's all I have had to eat so far today. So I still have plenty for dinner. hey that spaghetti squash sounds great, can someone post a recipe for it along with point values?? I would love to make some. never had it.
Well anyway, I will get more personal later but I just wanted to pop in a say hello! Oh, I also got me a highlighting kit for my hair so I'm excited to do that tonight too! I can't tell you how proud I am of Dh for taking this job. It really has lifted us out of the hole and then some. Along with our spirits. I love him so much for sacrificing his time with us to take care of us financially. Ok, I won't get sappy. :) TTYL!

spryng
10-24-2003, 10:47 PM
Hi! I'm back. :)
Ricci, congrats on the 5 lbs gone!! Sounds like that power 90 is alot like my firm videos in that it combined cardio with weight training for maximun results. And breaking that plateau must have felt great!
Jen congrats on getting into a size 12! That's fantastic! I felt the same way when I got back into mine. Now I'm almost ready for a 10. And I can't wait to hear about your WI! Everyone seems to be doing so great with their plans lately... what a great motivation for us all.
Ginny, I do the same thing with my clothes. I wear smaller bottoms and pick out larger tops. I just like my clothes to be loose on me, even though I could actually buy a smaller top. I like buying all those cute t-shirts that most people wear that cling to your body, but I buy mine x-large so that they fit but don't cling. I did that even when I was 106 lbs, so maybe it's a mental thing. But I'm very modest and don't like to show my figure much. But that is so great that you got 8-10s for the bottoms! You have come so far. You sure deserve it!! What size do you think you will be when you hit your goal weight? When I get to 130 I figure I'll be around a size 6/8, I'm not really sure. I know when I was 140 I wore an 8, so could I possibly be a 6 again someday?? Anything is possible I think!! Since that sale was so great at Penny's today I almost bought some tops in size small. They always have an abundance of size small on the clearance rack and I thought I could buy them and wear them next summer.... but I forced myself not to. I'll just wait until I am actually in a size small to buy them. :) But it's something to look forward to.
Well, I guess I'll get off here. My day has went great and now I am ready to get in bed. I hope everyone is having a great evening and I'll chat with you all tomorrow!! G'nite!

spryng
10-25-2003, 09:50 AM
It's a little quiet around here...
O-well, I came online to post my WI... Ilost another 1.5 #'s!!!!! I am so happy. This is the first time in a long time that I have lost weight in two consecutive weeks. I usually maintain after a big loss like I had last week. :) But I am not complaining. :) I'm down to 154.5. I am so excited. That brings my October total loss to 6.5 lbs! Not as great as some may lose in a month but I am thrilled with it. That is 6.5 lbs I will NEVER see again! Well my day has started off great, I hope everyone else has a fantastic saturday!! TTYL.

spryng
10-25-2003, 09:57 AM
I started a new thread... see you there!
SAHM's # 95!!