General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 06:24 PM   #1  

Default Movies...???

Has anyone seen any good movies lately? I saw Veronica Guerin and LOVED it. I think that cate blanchett did an excellent job at portraying Guerin in the film. Oscar material if you ask me!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 07:11 PM   #2  
Away we go!!!!!! (pounds)

I will tell you about a lousy movie I saw this weekend. Intolerable cruelty (George Clooney and Catherine Zeta Jones). LOUSY!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 11:30 AM   #3  

I finally saw Pirates of the Carribean and thought it was great! Lots of fun

I haven't even heard of Veronica Guerin...I'll check it out on IMDb!
Old 10-27-2003, 06:18 PM   #4  

Default I like that sight as well...

Are any of you going to get the Two Towers Extended Edition and watch it before Return of the King? Some lucky folks got tickets to the famed Trilogy Tuesday, but I will watch the movies at home, with a little exercise in between each one!!
Old 11-04-2003, 01:32 AM   #5  
it's always something

I still haven't seen Two Towers. I like your idea of seeing them with exercise in between! I was discussing this with a friend that considered seeing the trilogy. I think my body would be numb by the end.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:38 PM   #6  

I just rented Uptown Girls and it was sooooo good. I cried I laughed and it was a great experience. Watched it twice before returning it and I never do that.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:53 PM   #7  

My friend and I over the holidays went to see Mona Lisa Smile- it was definitley a chick flick, nice story line. Made me think of how far we have come. It was good movie, made me shed a little tear or two of course I cry at everything. I am gonna buy that one when it comes available.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:00 AM   #8  
*~forbidden snowflake~*

I decided not to see mona Lisa Smile because I don't want to be preached at and I shudder when I think of how "far" women have come in some areas. I am a throwback and always have been. Ah well.

I saw Modern Times in the theatre recently -- wow that was awesome. It's the Charlie Chaplin film with Paulette Goddard. It was lovely to see it on the big screen. I'm a big Chaplin fan. I wish they'd start showing more classics on the big screen again.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:58 AM   #9  

Quote:
I saw Modern Times in the theatre recently -- wow that was awesome. It's the Charlie Chaplin film with Paulette Goddard. It was lovely to see it on the big screen. I'm a big Chaplin fan. I wish they'd start showing more classics on the big screen again.
HUGE Charlie Chaplin fan here who is GREEN with envy that you got to see Modern Times on the Big Screen!!

But I'm so glad to know that there are others out there that appreciate seeing the classics in a movie theater! Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Philadelphia Story, (and Charlie, of course!) etc., etc., etc. are SO MUCH better on the big screen!

As for more recent movies...we just watched "Whale Rider" and really enjoyed it! Keisha Castle-Hughes is wonderful.

GREAT THREAD!

Jo
Old 02-20-2004, 03:02 PM   #10  
Head Princess

I've seen Big Fish and 50 First Dates recently. Both are very good!
Old 02-21-2004, 06:50 PM   #11  

The last movie we went to was the one with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson in it. Was wonderful! Just rented two good videos...RADIO starring Ed Harris and Cuba Gooding, Jr. Was fantastic! Every school age child should see it, there are some valuable lessons in it for them, both should get awards for their acting in this. Sometimes it was a tearjerker! Hubby loved Secondhand Lions..great for kids and adults alike.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:09 PM   #12  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I just rented these movies:

IN THE CUT..Meg Ryan....great movie and just wait till the ending!
CONSEQUENCE...Armand Assante....kinda slow but the ending is worth the wait!
RUNAWAY JURY....ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!
INTOLERABLE CRUELTY.....have to agree with CLYNNE
RADIO....EXCELLENT....EXCELLENT...EXCELLENT...if this doesn't win something at the Academy Awards...it will be a shame!

BOB
Old 04-26-2004, 05:23 PM   #13  
Diva

I just recently watched "Matchstick Men" with Nicholas Cage on DVD...I loved it. Nick Cage is a great actor, and the movie is one of those where you "think" you have it figured out and then you don't...then you think you do, and then again...lol, well, you know what I mean. Great flick...
Closed Thread