Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 11:16 AM   #1  
Movin' and Losin'

Question Do You Have a Weight Loss Role Model?

Has someone else's weight loss inspired you to lose weight?

It hasn't been one person in particular that has inspired me. Just by looking at progress pictures and Web sites of the members here, as well as any random weight loss site, has inspired me. I love seeing how everyday people can lose weight and have the confidence that I can do it, too!

Jina
Old 10-20-2003, 11:36 AM   #2  

Monique.. she used to be a regular on this board.. she lost like 80 pounds and had kept it off. Nothing like a real, everyday persons success to inspire you.

Plus my mom.. she has lost a ton of weight.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:24 PM   #3  

I was thinking about this question, and came to the conclusion that I actually DON'T really have a weight-loss role model. Awhile back, when a lady in my church was losing weight, it just made me jealous...I was still in the mindset of "I can't do anything about it, so why try." I didn't get inspired by her, just more....jealous. Sick, I know.
Anyway, this is not meant as bad as it sounds (my Mom & I DO have a good relationship!), but my Mom is sort of my Anti-role model. She's actually doing a lot better now, and is actively losing on Weight Watchers again, but she's had a long, hard struggle all her life, which I do NOT want to experience. Just seeing her have Type-2 diabetes and bad arthritis, has been enough to get me serious about changing! I have no desire to be in that poor shape at age 56, the way she is. In a way, her situation has "scared" me into losing weight/being healthy! It's sad, too, knowing that she could've prevented the vast majority of her health troubles, simply by taking care of herself. Well, I'm just thankful she's taking better care of herself these days.....sorry this is so LONG!
Closed Thread