Weight Loss Support - Time for Serious Fun #34

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #34

gma22
10-19-2003, 08:22 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #34

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

LBS DOWN FRIDAY :wizard: : POST YOUR LBS LOST FOR THE WEEK ON FRIDAY AND I WILL COMPILE THEM AND POST THEM TOGETHER WITH OUR LBS DOWN :wizard:

gma22
10-19-2003, 08:41 AM
SUNDAY: Silly Poll Sunday. Today's Silly Poll:

A generous benefactor gave you several million dollars to create a charity. What would you call it and what would it be benefiting?

Thanks, Sandy for you sweet thoughts. I took sleeping pills last night and got a better night's sleep, but the neighbors got into it this morning and have been yelling to high heaven for the last 1/2 hour so I got up. I laid in bed this morning talking to myself (in my head) and I ask myself what do you really want? Do you want to be able to eat whatever you want and go back to where you were (that met with a resounding NOOOOOO!) or do you want to work hard again and begin to see results. I will only get out of it what I put into it and I HAVE to put everything into it. One big thing with me is that I am a huge worrier. I worry over everything and I don't handle disappointment well. Between money being tighter than usual because of this electrical thing that we had to have done, not being able to find a job, being tired from not sleeping, and dealing with the difficult child, I am kind of tied up in knots. I have to let it all go and know that it will all work itself out. I take EVERYTHING personally and I have to quit doing that especially with the job thing and the dopey dd. Money is going to be tight through the end of the year with the holidays, and several birthdays and anniversary (our 31st is next month). Anyway, I am going to work on letting things go and concentrate on leaving the food alone!

As for my charity, I would start a year round camp for adults part of the year and kids another part and families the third where they could come and enjoy themselves while losing weight. Not really a weight loss camp, but a camp where they can be themselves and have a good time, wear a swimsuit and not feel embarrassed and eat foods that are good for them, with the side benefit being that they would probably lose weight. Have an amusement park with rides they can fit into, upbeat seminars, during family months, workshops for family that are not overweight to help them understand it and help instead of hurt, honest information about weight loss programs and how they can benefit or be detrimental to them, entertainment with concerts and such, great hotel style housing instead of cabins and the like. I think I would call my camp, Camp Free Yourself.

Well, I am going to get up and get going!

Faye:)

pjkdreamer
10-19-2003, 09:15 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!

pts for Friday, all 4, and 3 pts for yesterday, no formal exercise, but I was on the move! (with all the wedding festivities).

Faye, you are an amazing woman, you have lifted my spirits more times than you could EVER imagine. You have cheered me on, you have consoled me, you have guided me, and you have made this a place where we can all come and just be ourselves. You are one of my the best friends (even though we have never met, I feel like I have always known you), and I am so grateful, and love you so much (as we all do), whatever struggles you are experiencing right now, you have so much strength of character!!! Look at from which you came, and look at where you are now!!! That is fantastic, and you will come out of this. You deserve it. I know that it is difficult at times, it is for all of us, and our heads start playing all those old tapes, and soon we are sucked back in to that old life, spiraling down, and we feel like we are never going to make it back up again...so, whatever you do, just know that we are all here for you, and we would do anything to help you that we could. I love you girl! Hold on, and keep posting! (I know you will):grouphug:

The poll, Faye, you would be so good at that! (ever thought about getting a grant????) Seriously, there is not a doubt in my mind that you could do it, (internet is full of info of course!! on grant writing and proposals, and $ resources), Phillip Morris Co, does a great deal of that kind of thing....you could have a great one Gal!! I would come! I'd be doning that bathing suit and getting into that pool so fast it would make your head spin:spin: Oh, one more thing, there are many organizations to help women (as a minority, a minority, huh?????????????), one of them is Women's Small Business Development Center. (If you want to pm me we could do some brainstorming)..you never know. I honestly think that is your calling...."this is your calling", to help others who struggle with food issues, you are my mentor, as you would be for all others who visited your camp, and one more thing, you would no longer have to look for a job!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Wedding was beautiful yesterday, and I was good girl, no cake for me, I could smell it though, and knew it had buttercream icing, and I could recall the taste :lol: , grooms cake was some kind of Chocolate Decadence, and it was pretty!! the rest of the food was finger food type things, and I behaved myself, besides the plates were those small dessert types, guess it was a good thing..uh? And...I LOOKED GOOD! Felt so wonderful to dress up and wear my jewelry and my make up, I had forgotten how good that use to make me feel. When someone complimented me, I just said thanks, imagine that??? Did not feel as if I had to qualify it with a "yeah but" statement. Know what I mean?

Okay chicklets, gotta get off line here now. Have a healthful day! love and hugs to you all:grouphug:

Mirabelly
10-19-2003, 10:30 AM
Morning Ladies!

Gee, the blahs seem to be a theme here lately. I'm right there with you all. I'm eating "just a bit more than I should" or exercising "a bit less". Just can't seem to pull it all together at the same time. DH seems to think that it's the change of seasons. We are in a transition period where we are genetically predisposed to "STORE" fat for the winter months. STORE STORE STORE, MOVE LESS MOVE LESS HIBERNAAAATTTEE!! :lol:

I think he may be right. The only way I can think to get out of the funk before the holidays get here and really mess things up is to alter the plan. Either shock your system by trying something totally new......a new sport, a new walking route, a new way to move. If you've been working out alone, find some friends to do it with you. In my case, I'm honoring my body's need to slow down a little and am doing extended yoga sessions for my exercise. I'm also trying to do more work outside, just to get the UV exposure I need so desperately this time of year. Once the snow falls, I'm hittin' the trails with the cross country skis! I can't wait!!!! We have new friends close by who know all the great places to ski and what to do with the kids while we're out there.

Anyway, to Faye and everyone else....just know that nature is slowing down and you are a part of nature. You can't help it, you can only ask so much of your body. Maybe you need to give yourself permission to have the blahs for a week, but no more than that! Then take that week to pamper yourself and really feel goooood. Give yourself some extra looovvveeee. That's what you should be doing this week anyway, Faye, in preparation for next weekend's walk! Maybe you're stressing a little over the walk? Not because you think you can't do it, but just because you've never done one before??

As for the job thing, Faye, I meant what I said about you being too gifted for secretarial work. (And please, I am NOT slamming secretaries! I happen to love being a secretary when I have a boss who just leaves me alone to get the work done! Those bosses are few and far between, unfortunately) Pam has a great idea about getting grants to help people with their food problems! You could do so much for people....you already do it here everyday!!! You are knowledgable, compassionate, loving, and best of all...you're going through it all yourself. The internet is full of people who are "online counselors" and "life coaches". They don't even have offices, just do everything by email. One of my dancers' husband is an online life coach, and he's NOT a licensed therapist or anything. He just started helping people and it grew into a business. I'm really not sure how it worked, but he says that God just made it happen. Maybe you need to pray and listen for what you are MEANT to do, instead of what you think you are SUPPOSED to do? It may take years to develop, but you are going through this process and you have every ability to help others go through it too. Taking everything personally is part of what makes you such a great motivator...you KNOW what we're going through and you want us to get through it as quickly as possible.

Geez, I guess I've rambled on long enough! I got points for water and op for Friday and water and exercise for Saturday. Maybe I'll finally get a 4 pointer today.

Hang in there everyone! And when you get down, you know you can always come here and bask in the looovvveeeee :D

Big Hugs to all today!
Julie

Oh, for the poll.......I'd start an adult dance camp for ex-child dancers or adult who never got to dance as children. So many adults WANT to dance, their bodies crave it......but they don't know how or they feel too inhibited to do it. I'd offer belly dance, ballroom, tap, Irish, Broadway, MTV styles, Contra (English Country folk dance)......ooohh, all kinds of stuff! What a blast! Maybe I'll do that someday anyway!

Sandybrat
10-19-2003, 11:30 AM
U LADIES ROCK!!! I just love coming here everyday to get my dose of love and friendship. Faye I agree with Pam and Julie... U can do this... and be a huge success. When i get these blahs... another thing i do is keep saying over and over to myself... be true to u... be true to u... I truly and honestly believe that if we stay true to ourselves we can accomplish ANYTHING! i think i got the blahs outta my system last night... didnt eat much yesterday but i had too many beers... but DH and i laughed and just sat and talked... it was a MUCH needed night for the both of us. I have a headache to remind me of it too...LOL!! Oh well.. today is a new day... i feel better emotionally and physically. I can do my yoga and my iron horse today. Havent been able to the last 2... But thats taken care of as well. I am back on my bcp so NOOOOOOOOO more bad cramps and heavy bleeding days. I did redo my kitchen table yesterday... sanded it down... primed and repainted it. It looks wonderful!! I am going to redo the chairs as well... i have some wonderful fabric to recover them with... maybe not today but this week for sure. My mom and my aunt are coming to visit me this week... Thursday thru Saturday... I am sooooooo excited!!! My aunt is like a buddy... shes such a wonderful lady... and a wonderful friend... Ok... the silly poll... I would invest the time and money into Faye & Julies camps... because they would help so many people and would be such a huge success we'd have to open more and more of them around the country... and eventually the world. I love you all with all my heart. Take care of u today...

Sandy

Amanda Panda
10-19-2003, 11:38 AM
Faye - big hug for you :grouphug: . I feel for you sweetie! I understand what you say about being a worrier - me too! I have found that since I have found God, things have been better - I have had a terrible couple of years workwise, but God has always provided for me. It sounds like you are the sort of person who is so caring towards others that you don't look out for yourself enough - so are in danger of 'burning out' - lack of sleep probably makes your worries seem even bigger. We love you so much faye - you look after us so well - maybe it's time we all look after you for a bit!

'Therefore do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, or your body, what you will put on . Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?.Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?..... Seek first the kingdom of God and his Righteousness, and all all these things shall be added to you.' (Matthew 6:25-
33)

That passage always helps me when I worry.

I got 1 point yesterday - the meal I went to was lovely (need I say more!)

Love Amanda xx

gma22
10-19-2003, 03:26 PM
BEAUTIFUL MARVELOUS WONDERFUL POINTS!

FRIDAY:

Pam :bravo:
Julie :cp:

SATURDAY:

Pam :cp:
Julie :grouphug:
Amanda :flow2:

I cannot thank you enough for all the things you said. Let me tell you a little story that would make you understand all my "intuitiveness" so to speak. I have always been able to empathize and for some reason God thought I was good at listening and giving advice and I desperately wanted to be a school teacher growing up. I was even going to Indiana University with my major being English when Jack and I married instead. By the time my children were old enough for me to go to college, I was 38 and the schools scared the behooties out of me so I went to Memphis State (now Memphis University) with my major being Psychology and my minor in Social Work. I wanted to do therapy work, but I didn't want to be what most therapists were, wishy washy. I only went 2 years and Jack retired and we moved to Indiana and because we needed the money I went to work teaching developmentally disabled adults and never finished school. I enjoyed that, but because I could handle them, I was always placed with profoundly ******ed and you can BURN OUT really fast, which I did and that is how I eventually ended up in the law firm. I know you are never too old to finish or go to college, but if I ever do go back, it will have to be when I am a normal size. I couldn't fit in the connected chairs they have. It was hard way back in 1988 and I was smaller then. I remember being in an auditorium Psychology class and not being able to pull the side table up across my belly so I would have to sit alone so I could use the one next to me to take notes and tests! Anyway, that is where all this kind of comes from.

I talked to Jack today about the job issue as there are pros and cons on both sides. I am going to continue to keep looking, but not stress out about it.

I am doing really well today and feel better than I have in quite awhile. I went and walked 2.5 in the mall today and am staying OP so far. Maybe I am over the hump. I sure hope so!

You girls take care. I have to do some searching for some stuff I need to do oh and Julie, you are right about the walk, I am nervous! All I want to do is walk across that finish line having done 3.1 miles! I need to just relax about it because I can do it and I can do it at my own pace and speed. I am not doing it for competition but accomplishment!

Love you all!

gma22
10-19-2003, 06:20 PM
YUMMY RECIPE!

CHICKEN AND GREEN CHILE CASSEROLE

2 4 OZ BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS
CUP UNCOOKED RICE
1 CAN LOWFAT (98% FAT FREE) CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP
1 CAN CHOPPED GREEN CHILES (GET THESE IN THE AISLE WHERE YOU FIND TACO SHELLS)
1 SMALL CAN BLACK OLIVES
C GRATED LOWFAT CHEDDAR CHEESE

HEAT A SMALL PAN OF WATER TO BOILING. IN A BOWL PLACE SOUP, GREEN CHILES, DRAINED OLIVES AND RICE. ADD ONE SOUP CAN OF BOILING WATER TO THE MIX AND STIR UNTIL WELL BLEND. PLACE IN A ROUND CAKE PAN SPRAYED WITH PAM, PLACE BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS ON TOP OF RICE MIX AND BAKE FOR 35 MINUTES. REMOVE CASSEROLE, SPRINKLE CHEESE OVER CHICKEN BAKE REMAINING 10 MINUTES.

BAKE AT 400 DEGREES FOR 40-45 MINUTES. REMOVE CHICKEN TO A PLATE AND STIR RICE MIXTURE AND SERVE.

MAKES 2 SERVINGS 545 CALORIES/140 FAT CALORIES PER SERVING

I was having chicken breast, baked potato and frozen corn for dinner tonight but it sounded boring so made UP this recipe. It came out really good and the rice mixture makes quite a bit so it is filling. Hope you enjoy it! I really liked it, but I really like green chiles. Oh and for those of you who don't know, green chiles ARE NOT HOT AT ALL! They add flavor is all.

Talk to you tomorrow!

Faye (I stayed OP today! yahoo!)

jloo1957
10-19-2003, 08:17 PM
Faye...I just want to say that I love you and the Idea of you having such a great camp would be so like you,and you would be so sucessful with it...you REALLY NEED TO LOOK INTO SOME OPTIONS on making it happen...this is your destiny,and there are ways of making it happen,even through personal supporters,and I for one would be willing to help in this matter...this can be done by community interest as well as far away ...you can make this happen....this is just what is needed...start out small and build on it...it just seems to fit...I am in the process of checking into getting something here in this little town that I live in,we have to travel so far to all the gyms and there is absolutely nothing here for the ladies...there is a small workout room that is run by men and attended by men....don't let go of this Faye...this has really set off a lightbulb in my head for you...I wish that we all lived really close and could do this together...but Faye as I said this is YOUR destiny...GO FOR IT!!! GOITA GO AND GET THE KIDS OFF TO DREAMLAND ..WILL CHECK IN LATER...love ta all...Joy:D :D

Sandybrat
10-19-2003, 09:01 PM
Hello Lovelies... Well back on track today... YEAH!!! All 4 points. Stayed under my calories even. Its sooooo nice to feel normal again... i wont ever go off my birth control again...lol
Hope you all had a wonderful day... i will check back in the morning dearies... love you all

Sandy

pjkdreamer
10-20-2003, 08:46 AM
Good Monday Morning Girls,

pts for yesterday: 3- 2 for program and 1 for water. 0 activity. But this is the beginning of a new wk for me, and I am getting back to my usual 6 days of some kind of exercise, have been slacking this past wk or so with 3-4 days. But, I am re-affirming it...I am NOT willing to spend the rest of my life fat, I AM willing to do WHATEVER it takes to be the fit and healthy person that I DESERVE to be! (can I get an Amen Sisters?):lol:

Been up since 4 am doing some major house cleaning, Faye you would be so proud! Wanna come help? You could be here in about 4 hours, come on whata ya say??? uh uh?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joy, so nice to find you on line when I logged on this am, great chatting with you. Hope to talk with you again soon:balloons:

Amanda, Cherrio ole' chap! May be selling a house soon, and you know what is first on the agenda?? Coming to England Ireland and Scotland, would love to meet you! The house belongs to Jane 3/4 of it, and a 1/4 of to her aunt. Jane's neice the one that was just married Saturday and her husband have done some remodeling to it already, and she is going to speak to them about buying it outright instead of paying rent. so........if all goes well:crossed: that trip we have always wanted to take will just become reality! Again, I would love to see you, will keep you posted.

Well girls, my work awaits. Talk to you later:dance:

gma22
10-20-2003, 09:00 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is going to be a toughy! I want each one of you to stand in front of your mirror EVERY day this week and say audibly "I AM BEAUTIFUL!" If we want others to think we are attractive on the outside, we have to believe it too and we are!!!!!

This idea came about from a young girl that posted about the new show that is on called Beautiful Girl I think. She stated she was not pageant beautiful but had other beautiful qualities. She then listed internal beauty. I told her she was dead wrong and WE are too when we don't see ourselves as beautiful. We are, we are, we are! I truly, truly believe in the quote at the bottom of my posts. There are no outward ugly people only inward ugly ones and the inward ugly ones we have allowed to control this old world and make us think we are outwardly distasteful!

In this day of "perfect body beauty" we forget that Bottecelli painted and sculpted chubby bodies, or that in times past, women wore bustles and hoop skirts that made them "hippy" on PURPOSE! They wore dresses that pushed up and accentuated their boobs to be more prominent and larger. Even today, women try and find ways to show off their ample cleavage and behinds by squishing themselves into clothing that do just that. So, the next time you start to say to yourself, "I look disgusting, I am fat and ugly, etc. remember I am standing behind you saying, WHAT DID YOU CALL YOURSELF?"

**AS FOR THE ACCOLADES ETC ABOUT THE CAMP AND SUCH: Julie spurred an idea in my head as I didn't know there were any such things as life coachs. I looked them up on the web and even looked into courses for life coaching. I talked with Jack about it yesterday and am honestly looking into doing it with an emphasis on Weight loss and surgery people. There are probably tons of people who have had weight loss surgery or have lost the weight and are putting it back on simply because they don't know how to handle their new bodies, people who can't handle who they are as fat people and the like. Anyway, it is a seed that is forming and I want to thank you all for it!!!

Last but not least:

I GOT : :bravo: yesterday!

I need to get up and going so I will go for awhile and check in later!

Mirabelly
10-20-2003, 09:27 AM
Morning Lovelies!

I AM BEAUTIFUL! (There, I said it Faye..... :D ) and SO ARE ALL OF YOU !!!!!

Faye, I'm SOOOO glad you're looking into the life coaching thing!!! I just know in my heart this is the right direction for you. If you feel a little lost, just follow your heart. Start slowly and just see where it leads you. Don't start out saying "I have to make XXX amount of money or I'm a failure"........I think if you just start out saying "I want to help people", the money and success will come. I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!! AND I know you're gonna just ROCK through those 3.5 miles on Saturday!!!

SO, for myself, I did get all 4 points yesterday thanks to dh wanting to go on a long walk through the woods. We all put on our boots and blaze orange (it's nearly hunting season here, and folks are notorious about not "quite" following the laws) and set off down an old atv trail. It wasn't exactly a marathon run or anything, but it was a good hour of steady walking with the whole family.

Feeling really good today, and have a ton of stuff to do before dance class........so I'll talk to you all later!

PAM--I'm sooooo jealous of your trip!!! We want to go back to England so badly we can taste it! We took advantage of the post 9/11 plunge in airfare prices and went for a week, but it just wasn't enough! Our finances are really tight, but I'm starting a secret fund for a trip sometime in the next couple of years. I want to surprise dh with the tickets in hand!

Bye for now,
Julie

gma22
10-20-2003, 11:35 AM
POINTS POINTS POINTS!!!!

SandyB: for Sunday :bravo:
Pam: for Sunday :cp:
Julie for Sunday :bravo:

Hey, maybe I should combine life coaching and teaching people how to clean! :lol: :lol: I am superb at that......

Well, I got out and blew leaves out of the flower strip and deck this morning and then swept them all together at the corner of the garage so they can be cleaned up by the lawn service when they come the next time. I have one tree, but the neighbors have 3 and I get most of their leaves too so I have to try and keep up. I didn't last year and Jack and I almost killed each other cleaning up the deck last fall. He does it half a#$%^ and I am a perfectionist. I finally told him to go in the house and I would finish. This year I got smart and am just doing it myself while he is at work!:lol:

I better go and get a shower and get out in the beautiful sunshine!

As for me, MY BEAUTY PUTS THE WORLD'S SUPERMODELS TO SHAME!!!!!! (I promise to do it in front of the mirror out loud too!):lol:

Faye;)

Sandybrat
10-20-2003, 11:47 AM
I AM BEAUTIFUL!!! Faye i got all 4 yesterday but only 1 for Saturday. it was my blah period... LOL Anyway... i have already done my morning round on the iron horse and once is get DS on the bus i will do my yoga. Its a beautiful day here so i am trying to figureout what i am going to do... maybe i will paint my dresser... its nice enuf and its a good workout to sand it all down. Hope u all have a wonderful day. Take care of U today

Love and laughter,
Sandy

happy dance dot
10-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi all you BEAUTIFUL WOMEN!! My beautiful self is doing good.
Ha! It took me a bit to figure out there was this new thread...don't ask why, but I found it today.;)

I found out that yahoo has this music radio selection on there web site and I can basically play music while I work...its really cool. I've been listening all day (we have a T1 line here).

Ummm let's see I got 2 pts for sunday, no exercise. I've been having a problem with that. I usually get up at 7am, get ready for work, start at 9am. Finish work at 5p, get home by 6p. The I cook dinner, eat dinner...by then its like 8 or 9. Check my e-mail and spend about 20 min checking other stuff. Then I watch a bit of tv to wind down, talk to Andy on the phone, and then read a bit before bedtime...finally sleep. So I know this may only be an excuse, but when do I get to exercise. I am not a morning person so there is no way I will get up extra early for it. During my lunch break I do walk around a lot...window shopping and stuff...but anyway You girls have any ideas??? How I can get a routine in there.

Faye- the life coach idea is great I think you'd make a great listener and mentor.

Okay girls have a lovely Monday.

gma22
10-20-2003, 07:18 PM
AFTERNOON POINTS:

SandyB :bravo:
Dorothy :grouphug:

My day has gone pretty well. I talked to my son on the phone. He and his fiance just got back from Cancun all expenses paid by his BOSS! Wouldn't you like to have a boss like that! Now his fiance wants her mom and Jack and I to go with them on a cruise in about 6 months and there is no way with this wedding. If they want to pay for it we are in but we can't be putting money into a cruise right now with the wedding expenses. Course she makes about 90 thou a year so she can AFFORD a cruise! :lol: Maybe a row boat down the Mississippi we could manage!

We had a terrible accident just over the state line this afternoon. An overpass was being built over a highway being used and the part over the highway collapsed onto at least one car with people in it. I told Jack, can you imagine coming home from work and finding out your spouse was killed that way. How awful.

Jack was shocked by my hair. I did it a red that I haven't ever used before. It is more maroony than what I have colored it before. I just get tired of having the same hair color all the time so I have to spice it up a bit. One of these days my hair is all going to fall right out and then I definitely will have different hair.

Well lovely ladies, all of you have a nice evening!

Faye:dizzy:

gma22
10-21-2003, 05:00 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and we are again going to target exercise. Looks like that is where we slip and slide more than anything. Remember you are losing fat but skin remains so you have to do strength and resistance training too!

I will check back with you ladies later in the morning!

Faye :)

pjkdreamer
10-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Good Morning My Lovelies,

I am beautiful, I am beautiful, I AM BEAUTIFUL;) (good target Faye, as always), yes a Life Coach, you are doing it here, and doing splendidly at it! Might as well be getting paid for it:lol: :lol:
Cruise sounds wonderful! and Red hair!!! Wow, a fiery red head, that suits you! Daring and bold. You go girl! and if you do lose your hair from all the coloring! We will love you bald!!:D :D :D

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, 2pts for program, and 1 pt for exercise, I cleaned from yesterday at 4am till about 4:30p - I did break for lunch and to watch dr Phil, but other than that I was moving girls!! Wish I had one of those meters that counts calories burned. That thing would have been smoking:dizzy: You all have no idea (well I am sure you have some idea), how very grateful I am that I am now able to do that. My house was admittedly filthy! Not just cluttered but filthy. I cant believe (now), I was in denial before---what squalor we were living in. And now that I feel better about myself and have decided no matter WHAT I am going to lose this weight...ABSOLUTELY EVERY OTHER AREA OF MY LIFE IS FALLING IN SYNC! IT IS AMAZING AND SUCH THE MIRACLE. I was able to stand up for myself recently (last week we talked), and I told Jane, I am no longer willing to accept this from myself, I am no longer willing to accept this from you, and I am no longer willing to accept this from us. I went on to tell her that I had lived here for going on 9 years( and this is the longest I have lived anywhere( and in some respects the most stable I have ever been), guess I got tired of running, uh! Anyway, I told her that It was killing me living in the house, that is literally falling down around us, it is wounding my spriit, and there is no way that I am going to allow that! I have done this well, and I intend to continue until I reach my goal. I said I deserved to live in a clean and decent environment, that if I didn't get it here, that I fully intended to do it somewhere else! I said this is the most important thing I have ever done for myself. And you know what It is working. She is picking up after herself, and that is a start believe me. We both played a part in letting it get this in this shape, but I cant make her want that for herself. Those changes have to come from within her. But because of my enthusiasm, and my positive energy, it cant help but rub off right? It has pretty much been all or nothing with both of us, but, I am trying to achieve balance. I have to for me, and I know that. If I do not I will revert back to the old ways of eating, and I will kill myself with eating, I know that!! Okay, girls I am coming down from the proverbial :soap: now, but I am so very grateful to be able to make my needs known, and feel as if I deserve having them met! WHAT A MIRACLE THAT IS:spin:

Amanda, Sandy B, all you gals have a healthful day, catch you later:lol:

Mirabelly
10-21-2003, 09:18 AM
Morning Ladies!

4 points for yesterday! Woo hoo. TOM is here, so I guess I won't get to weigh in this week. I definitely feel lighter, though. And last night I wore a sleeveless leotard to dance class and I could really see my shoulder muscles...clearly, well defined, shoulder muscles!! I guess that's a WTG for me. Dh has lost another couple of pounds, so he's on :cloud9:

I have to go talk to the board of directors at our local theater about teaching intermediate belly dance classes there. They already have a beginner class, so I hope this will just be a formality meeting. People here are very conservative and it's sometimes difficult to get them to open up to new ideas. But there's is the best dance space around and I really want to teach another class to bring in some extra $$$. So, keep me in your hearts today......I'm kinda nervous, though I don't know why.

Pam, it sounds like you're really getting your life together! Have you visited Flylady yet?? I've been following her "plan" for a couple of months now, and I can't BELIEVE the difference it has made in the way the house looks, the way I look, the way I deal with the kids and dh......it's truly amazing! I had some friends over last weekend and they said "JUlie, your house is so clean. Is there something wrong? " They were actually WORRIED about me, like I'd gone off the deep end or something :lol: I just smiled and said, "I'm just finally getting my life together. I'm tired of living like a college kid." They were shocked!

Well, gotta go get ready for my meeting. Stay :strong: everyone!

Julie

Sandybrat
10-21-2003, 09:53 AM
Good Morning BEAUTIFULS!!!!! I got all 4 yesterday again. I am still not feeling great... now its a cold and sore throat... but i keep drinkin my tea and getting my rest. Hopefully it will be gone soon. I am SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF U PAM!! U go girl. Baby steps... and i agree with Julie.. Flylady rocks!! I have my daughter home sick today... but i will still get in my exercise. Hope all is well with all of you... take care of u today... love you all

Love and laughter,
Sandy

gma22
10-21-2003, 10:14 AM
I keep telling you, cleaning is WHERE IT'S AT! The only bad eating thing I have is boredom, all others like sadness, madness etc, I CLEAN! Pam maybe you should adopt that attitude and even more weight will come off! :lol:

WE HAVE POINTS GIRLIES:

Julie :bravo:
Faye :bravo: woohoo back on track 2 days
SandyB :bravo:

Honestly though, when I was 400 lbs I had some huge things to overcome cleaning wise. I couldn't fit between the tub and toilet to clean the tub or behind the toilet (I "mop" the floor by hand), I had a terrible time getting up from my knees when I was down on the floor, sometimes I just plain looked ridiculous cleaning because of adjustments I had to make. So, I applaud you Pam and your "light bulb" moment not to be satisfied any longer.

Julie: My dh is down to 230 from 240 and that is just making one tiny change. He gave up taking leftovers for lunch each day, buying snacks and soda from the machines, and instead takes a granola bar for snack, bottled water to drink and a slimfast shake for lunch. I think he has been on it for about a month. I am so proud of him. He wants to get down to 185-190. He is 6'2" but he is not a big boned man. Doesn't it make you feel good when your good eating habits run over onto someone else and make them want to change?

SandyB: Ok, here goes again. I am giving you my secret miracle sore throat cure only known to a few friends. It sounds icky, doesn't taste bad and WORKS! You take care sweety and try and get some rest. It is tough when you are sick and you have sick kids at the same time.

SORE THROAT DRINK

8 OZ MUG OF HOT WATER
1 TABLESPOON VINEGAR
1 TABLESPOON HONEY
STIR AND SIP IT. YOU MAY NEED 2-4 DOSES BUT I SWEAR IT WORKS. I EVEN HAD IT WORK FOR SOMEONE THAT HAD STREP THROAT TO RELIEVE THE PAIN.

You girls are the light of the world. I am so glad that I started this thread and that the women that come here are so very supportive of each other. I have seen other threads that are not so lucky. Each one of you is doing so spectacularly!

NOW FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN MISSING FOR A LONG TIME. IT BETTER NOT BE BECAUSE YOU HAVE RELAPSED! SO WHAT! WE ARE HERE FOR YOU AND MISS YOU!

SHAUNA
MISSY
RITU
BELEDIGIRl
DEBBIE L
BELLA

I was looking through my list and I need some birthdays/ anniversaries I never got. Here are the people that need to send me their birthday and or anniversary
Missy
Amanda
Lisa
SandyB
Joy
Lisa
Ritu
Debbie L

Have a good day girls!

Faye;)

Sandybrat
10-21-2003, 07:18 PM
Well Faye... I am drinking the sore throat drink as i type this... and youre right its not bad...But then again, nothing tastes right. I made fish stix and french fries for the kids for dinner... the french fries taste yummy...lol thats because they are salty. i think i can have some and still stauy within my points... havent had much but soup and a salad today anyway. My birthday is June 23rd... and my anniversary... do u mean when i joined 3FC?? i would have to look that up. But i will let you know when i find it. Hope all is well with all of u. Remember... together we can accomplish anything... take care of u

Love and laughter,
Sandy

gma22
10-21-2003, 08:13 PM
SandyB: YOU GET A: and I was talking about those who had wedding anniversaries, but thanks for the info.

I have a serious WTG . I got into my husband's closet when I was putting something away and decided to start weeding out clothes as Dr Phil recommends. I found some clothes in that closet which holds all of my really really nice clothes and found 2 suits that haven't fit since my daughter was in jr high school and she is 26. Guess what? Those puppies fit so I started going through other stuff that was shoved to the left side of my main closet that hasn't fit including a skirt in that pencil style that was popular and the darn thing never did fit proper, but it not only fit, looked great AND I know some of you can relate to this one, I could take the sucker off over my behind instead of having to pull it up over my head. Let's see, so far, I have found 2 dress suits, 2 skirts, a shirt set, a cardigan set, a beautiful pink silk blouse that even when I bought it I couldn't get it to go smoothly over my hips and now it has room! I haven't decided what to do with the too big clothes. I have someone who might be interested but I only e-mail correspond with her so I don't know how expensive it would be to ship all the stuff and happily and sadly I have a bundle to send. I think when I get done here I am going to see if Memphis has any nice clothing consignments that might be interested in them.

I have also lost another 2 lbs so all in all I am jazzed AND I STAYED OP AGAIN TODAY!!!!

jloo1957
10-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Hey Ladies...welI get all 4 points for yesterday...and today I have really had a good day..after my son's soccer game ,we went to the park and we walked...it has been so beautiful here...the weather has been in the 50's at night and the 70's during the day....yesterday I walked while my son rode his bike..I have stayed on program and I have drank,drank,drank water....I am feeling much ,much better than I had been feeling...Faye,I too need to go through my closet and start throwing...I know that there is a lot that I can surely get rid of....Faye,my birthday is June 4th...and my wedding anniversary is Nov.29th[I don't know if that is the one you are wanting}...I want to thank all of you ladies for all the support and kindness ...not to mention the fellowship that comes along with all of you ...I feel that I know all of you,and yet I have never even seen any of you....I love this site and Faye I too am glad that you started this,and YES,we have the most wonderful ladies here:) well ,I guess I need to get off from here and get ready to go nighty..all of you have a goodnight and i will check in come morning...love and big hugs to all of you.....Joy:D

happy dance dot
10-22-2003, 12:17 AM
Hi girls...well today I stayed o/p, drank my water and walked enough to count as exercise so I finally got 4pts for today.

Faye-:cp: :cb: :encore: Congrats on your WTG. I totally understand how great you must have felt. I am very happy for you. Fitting into smaller clothing is always a wonderful rewarding experience. Its kinda like a pat on your back. And a little voice in your head tells you, "U did it...keep it up your doing great".

I think I will have to try that sore throat remedy...do i actually drink it or gaggle with it????

Well hope you're all doing good...I need to hit the sack now...good night ladies.

gma22
10-22-2003, 05:47 AM
WRAP UP POINTS:

Joy :bravo:
Dorothy :bravo:

Dorothy: The sore throat remedy you DRINK. If you have a really sore throat it may take 3-5 doses but I never had it not work. I had such a bad sore throat one time when I still worked for the law firm that I took a thermos of the stuff mixed up to work and would pour out a mug and heat in the microwave and I drank it throughout the day. By the next morning my sore throat was GONE. I found this in a medical symptoms and first aid kind of book that I got in one of those book bundle kind of deals. It is about a 100 years old I think so they still knew how to heal things back then better than we do now! :lol:

gma22
10-22-2003, 05:50 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. How can we help you with what is bothering you or give you support?

Well I stayed OP again yesterday yahoo for me. I will check back in later ladies. The dog woke us up gagging and he was buried under our covers so that was an unpleasant experience trying to dig him out and get him off the bed before he pukked! He has a habit of licking the sheet or whatever and probably got fuzz in his throat because it was just a bile thing though it stains the rug pretty good if you don't get it up immediately.

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
10-22-2003, 08:02 AM
Morning Ladies!

3 points for yesterday, no exercise :( I got so wrapped up with that interview that I just ran out of time.

BUT, the interview went great and I'm set to start another dance class after new years. It's too hectic to start now, no one would show up!

Well, gotta fly,

CONGRATS on the clothes FAYE!!!! I'm so proud of you :D It must've felt like Christmas!!

Later,
Julie

pjkdreamer
10-22-2003, 08:32 AM
Morning Chickies:flow2:

pts for yesterday: all 4, exercise too! yep!! I did it, I started on the 3 mile watp tape, what a workout! I was sweating. I did 2 miles of it, and then cool down. I wasnt being challenged by the other one anymore, so thought I needed to "bump it up a notch", whew!!! did I ! I am going to go and do it right now too, so I do not start looking for other things to get into. Imagine that?? li'l ole innocent me?? procrastinating, well I never!

Guess what I did this am? I got up at 1:30, put my clothes on and went to Walmart:lol: :lol: :lol: I was hungry, got milk and special K red berries (they are good), my stomach was actually nawing! and sometimes If I get a little milk, it helps me sleep. (guess all that watps stuff made me ravenous. Anyway, that is a great time to go to Walmart gals! Only a few other people in the store, no lines!!:D :D :D :D and I just smiled all the way home, because I have (in my past!!!) gotten up, dressed and hit the all night fast food places!!!! No more, I opt for 1% milk and Special K:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Isnt that a hoot???

I will ck in after exercise, and before work this am!

Toodles my lovelies;)

Satine
10-22-2003, 09:08 AM
Hello All ....

Pam - Congrats on not going to the fast food places, I totally know what you mean, I used to go to two or three of them at a time and then go and gourge myself....those were not pretty days...feell so much better now....we have come a long way!!!!

Faye - I thought it was so funny when I read about your dog...our dog does the exact same thing, licks the sheets and the pillows, covers, etc...and then starts gagging and pukes up the yellow ( sorry if this makes anyone sick ) liquid - must be bile?
Because there is no food in it...sometimes he gets on a roll of doing it and our vet makes us give him Peptobismol...it looks funny this all white dog with this pepto pink snout....ah the joys of having a dog....I have often been woke up to that, so I hear ya girl....and congrats on the pounds down, you are doing GREAT!!!

Sandy - sorry you are not feeling well, hope you get better real soon....and Dorothy if you are getting sick - same to you...

To all the others, Julie, Joy, Lisa - hello and have a good one...

I am doing well, still staying OP ... I have not weighed myself since last week and I am going to do it this Friday, I am usually getting about 3 points per day, cannot seem to work the exercise in, I am so bad about that....that would be my Weds woe, that I cannot ever get into exercise mode......
Well talk to everyone later...

Sandybrat
10-22-2003, 09:59 AM
HELLO BEAUTIFULS!!!! Good Morning all... Faye that dringk did the trick... now i just itch... LOL But it helped immensely!! Dot drink it and u will be cured!! Pam... I love that special K with red berries... its just great! I am still looking for a belly dancing tape... i want to get the one with the twins but just cant seem to find it here yet... Congrats JULIE!!!!!!! thats AWESOME... i wish i lived near u... i would be there with bells on! :lol: My Mom and my Aunt are coming to visit me tomorrow... they will be staying til Saturday... i am soooo excited! It will be such a blast! The kids are just as excited as i am...lol !! So today is bathroom cleaning day.. .and change the sheets... maybe mop the kitchen... all the rest is finished... so its just a few things. I got points for h2o and op yesterday... but no exercise.. not unless u count running to the bathroom... LOL At least i feel human today... I am like you Faye... i clean when i get mad, or sad, or anything... it calms me... brings me back to where i can deal with things... make sense?? My anniversary is January 2... and Joy... June 4th is my fathers bday as well!! Its a good month for bdays...lol Hey Lisas bday is the same as mine... June 23rd... Where r u Lisa?? We miss you!! Hope all is well with all of u... take care of u today...

Love and Laughter,
Sandy

friendsforfitness
10-22-2003, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm not completely gone, just lurking lately. I have some issues I'm dealing with personally. I haven't gotten more than 1 or 2 points in about 4 days.

Faye, I'm sorry you went through a tough time of it and I'm even sorrier I wasn't able to pump you back up. I saw several of the other "chicks" on here saying things that were so wonderful and true. They gave you excellent advice. When my depression acts up I can't be there for anyone, even though I want to so badly. I am usually always there for people, but I have learned the hard way that if I'm going downhill I have to pick myself up before I can be of any good to anyone else. You see, when I say something positve or encouraging to someone I truly believe it and mean it from the bottom of my heart. There is no half way phony stuff coming from me. If I am emotionally a wreck I can't truly feel hopeful for myself or anyone else, so I just get distant and quiet. I am so sorry I couldn't be there for you, I feel worse for not being there for you, because you and everyone on this thread are so good and giving and kind on this thread and I feel like I do not give enough back. I hope you all can forgive me.

Lisa
PS My birthday is the same as sandybrat's and my annv. is 05/05.
When is yours?

friendsforfitness
10-22-2003, 12:58 PM
One more thing... who or what is flylady???

gma22
10-22-2003, 02:27 PM
POINTS FOR TODAY:

Me :bravo:
Carri :cp:
SandyB :cp:
Lisa :goodvibes just cause you need them!

Julie: that is terrific about your dance class. Congratulations!

Pam: There is only one thing wrong with your Walmart theory, in Memphis you have to A) go to a Walmart that has self checkout cause B) you'd be lucky to find a CLERK in the store to check you out too! :lol: I did a 3.2 walk today and came home with little sausages for fingers. My hands always swell a lot when I walk even if I try to keep them upright part of the time. I can't drink water while I walk because then I have to go pee and usually there is no place to go unless I use a bush! I guess I am ready for Saturday now!!

Carri: The absolute hardest thing for about 90% of those of us who are trying to lose weight is to fit in exercise. We either are too busy, can't find a time when it is convenient or plain hate it and so always let it slip. If you can FORCE yourself to find a time, stick with that time and start slow even if you can do more, give yourself time to enjoy it, I guarantee it will become a priority with you. You have to work at it everyday for awhile to get into a routine and then increase your time and you can decrease your frequency if you like.

SandyB: I told you that stuff worked. I don't know why, but I never question it, I just drink it. It really isn't even distasteful sort of like drinking weak sweet and sour don't you think? I am so glad you are feeling better and you even get some visitors which is great!

Lisa: I left you until last because I want to talk to you. I don't know when you say depression you just mean you get the blues or do you have clinical depression? I have a friend who has clinical depression and she and I will communicate a lot and then I won't hear from her for a long time even if I e-mail her a lot. I do understand both ways, whichever you fit into, but the truth of it is, you need your friends the most when you feel the worst and we are not going to fault you for coming here and needing us. We NEED each other all the time and you are no different. We love you and want to be here for you. This site is one of encouragement and though everyone kids me about the drill sargeant thingy, the fact is, when you are really feeling low, dieting and all the goes with it is the farthest thing from your mind and we all totally understand that. With that being said, please don't just lurk, come and talk with us. If you feel you can't "put it out there" for everyone to see, for gosh sakes, pm me and I am going to send you my e-mail address and you can talk to me night or day. I know everyone feels that way too and that you could talk to any of them privately. WE WANT TO HELP SO DON'T STAY AWAY FOR ANY REASON!

ALSO, THIS IS FOR EVERYONE!!!! DO NOT COMPARE YOUR SUCCESS OR LACK OF IT WITH ANYONE ELSE! We are all different. Look at me, I lost a whole bunch than had a really hard time getting it back for reasons I am not too sure about. You go at YOUR pace, in exercise, in what you eat, and in everything. Just because I can walk 3 miles and you can only do 1/2 hour doesn't mean a darn thing. First off, I could only walk about 1/2 block 10 months ago and secondly, you are you and everyone else is different so I want you to promise yourself that you will not stay away because "everyone is doing so well and I am doing lousy, or I can't compete with how much they are losing." You just be lovable you, ok and keep posting!

THAT MEANS YOU LURKERS TOO!!!!!!!

Faye;)

happy dance dot
10-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Hi girls!;)

Faye- Thank you my throat did feel a bit better, but all morning I lost my voice:eek: Its back now though. Another thing I think really helps me when I get sick with colds, sore throat, or flu is Lipton's ginger twist tea. Very good. I recommend that too.

Julie-Congrats on your new class. :dancer:

Pam- Oh I love the berry special K's...very yummy:hun:

Lisa- hope you are feeling better now. And don't forget we are also here for you when you need us.

Sandy- glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now. I love when I have guest over my apt. Especially family. MY parents are flying in on Oct. 30th and I am excited, now that I am older and independant with all the responsibilities and all we have managed to have a better relationship. They have also learned that even though they are my parents I am also an adult and should be treated like one....and they can't treat me like a kid...unless mom wants to make yummy treats for me :lol: :^: Anyway, I am looking forward to spending some time with them.

Satine-glad to hear your staying on program...keep it up.

As far as Wed. woes I guess mine would be I am feeling a little sicky, but tonight I am going to the movies with Andy to watch "House of the Dead" and yesterday I saw "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"...halloween type movies u know.

Btw Andy is still dry:) okay girls take care.

jloo1957
10-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Hello Ladies......yesterday was a good day...I managed to walk at the park with the kids after my son's soccer game ,stayed on program and drank tons of water,so I get all 4 points for yesterday....today I have managed to go for my walk early this morning..and so far stayed op and drank my water...I checked out the flylady site...WOW!!!...I really like it and such great ideas....it really put me in a cleaning mood too..LOL..so I have spent the day organizing things that i had put off...I am going to check it out some more when I get the kiddies in bed tonight...I cooked homemade chicken soup today for supper..lot's of veggies ,diced potatoes,carrots,peas,greenbean,onions,and ff milk..and lots of diced chicken breast..it is soooo good...can't wait for supper...well,Ladies ,I will check in later.....kids are just about to get off the bus...homework,supper,playtime,etc...till later....joy:D

Mirabelly
10-22-2003, 03:42 PM
HOLY CRAP IT'S SNOWWWWINNNNGGGGG!!!!!:eek: :fr:

It's just a tad early even for Maine!!

SandyB--You can find lots of belly dance tapes for sale on ebay. Just type in "belly dance videos". The twins are ok, if you can stand the perma-grin. They just make me want to smack them silly! :)

Pam, congrats on all the exercise lately........wish I could get myself moving. That's one reason I'm psyched about having more classes, I have built-in exercise that I CANT miss.

Well, I guess I better go start a fire before we're snowed in?!

Julie

gma22
10-22-2003, 03:57 PM
Julie: It is mid 80's here! Keep your snow! :lol:

Sandy: YOU LIKE BOOGY BOOGY movies? SHUDDER! I can only watch the old old ones because to me they are funny, like the old Lon Chaney or Boris Karloff movies. Some of the Vincent Price movies even give me the willies!

Joy :bravo:

I know this is going to be incredible for you to believe knowing how young and vivacious I am, but today is my son's 30th birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABY! :hb: :gift: :balloons:

Have a great afternoon ladies!

Faye

happy dance dot
10-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Well, its kinda chilly here...and we decidied to call off the movie and instead stay home, catch a movie on cable, and have a nice dinner together. See you girls take care.;)

friendsforfitness
10-22-2003, 09:12 PM
I get 3.3 points for today. I stayed O/p. I exercised and I drank 50 ounces of water. I'm getting there.

Thanks to everyone for your unconditional love and support. It is clinical depression and I am on meds, but sometimes they just aren't enough. I'm ok now though, I think I'm coming out of it slowly but surely. :) It's actually better for me to not talk about
it. I really bothers me knowing I have something wrong with me that I can't do anything about. I feel like some sort of freak sometimes. Weird cycle thing I guess. Anyhoos- I'm really glad to be a part of this group, and thanks for all your understanding. Faye-your gonna be an excellent life coach! I will be getting really busy over the next few days, with work and exercising after work the next 3 days and then soon I will be starting my classes. I'm not even sure how I'm going to fit it all in, but I'll find a way. That's one thing that helps, is staying busy, that's for sure. No time to totally self destruct mentally...LOLThat's extreme, trust me I'm not that bad off. I was a few years back, but I've learned to know when it's coming on and what things I should and should not do to make it better quicker. I'm just telling you all this so you don't worry. I am strong and my Hubby is an angel from heaven when it comes to this.

Ok nuff said and hopefully that puts it into a more miniscule perspective where it belongs.

I'm checking out that flylady thing too. I'll let you know how goes it.

SNOW!!!! U gotta be outta your mind! It was in the 80's here today too!
That's it for now and onto a great Thursday......

gma22
10-23-2003, 04:15 AM
WRAP UP POINTS:

Lisa: :bravo:

Lisa: We will trust you to know what is best for you, but remember someone is always here for you no matter what!

Friday night is our date night and we are both looking forward to it. We are going out to eat and to a movie (Runaway Jury). It wasn't one of my favorite Grisham books, but Jack wants to see the pic and I like Gene Hackman and John Cusack and getting to cuddle with Jack in a theater like kids! The new Angelina Jolie romance coming out looks good, but I don't do well with disturbing subjects like what is in this picture (hunger and abuse by a 3rd world government). That is one of the reasons I can't go see Radio. I hate people being treated wrongly that can't help themselves and I would boohoo through that whole pic. I hope Cuba Gooding Jr gets an Oscar nod for his performance though.

gma22
10-23-2003, 04:18 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday! Do something special for yourself today!

Woohoo, I stayed OP again yesterday. I am so glad I am totally back on track!

Today is a busy day ladies, it is errand day, plus my friend is having her gall bladder/hysterectomy surgery today so I am going to be gone ALL day. I will catch up points and such this evening if I can't find time today!

Later lovelies!

Mirabelly
10-23-2003, 08:07 AM
Morning all!
Well, it snowed all night....but nothing stuck because we haven't even had a decent frost yet. Then this morning the kids were all chanting "We want a blizzard!" sooooo, of course NOW it's sticking like Christmas!!!! I can't help it, I just gotta smile :D :D

This is why we moved here, after all.....for the seasons. This will all pass anyway. We never get a really lasting snow until after Thanksgiving, sometimes after Christmas. We had 8" of snow on the day of my first (and ONLY) Halloween party for 20 kids. I had planned all this great outside stuff to do, and we ended up having a sledding party :lol:

Well, flylady said it was time to start preparations for the holidays.....so this just puts me in the mood!

Three points for yesterday......no exercise AGAIN!!! I'm starting to get peeved at myself. I do have time set aside today. So :crossed:

Later everyone!
Julie

Sandybrat
10-23-2003, 09:23 AM
Good Morning Beautifuls!!! I only get points for water and op yesterday... whatever this is, is in my head and i can t seem to get rid of it. I am going to get some contact and see if that will chase it away. I am blowing my nose like there is no tomorrow... its my sinuses i know... just dont know how to fix it...lol I made soup last night b4 bed... lots of pepper to help me breathe... so i ate after 7.... oh well... today is a new day. I just hate this feeling like a water ballon tho... lol!:dizzy: My ears and my throat still itch too... lol i am just doing fab.... hahahahaha
I hope all of u are doing fabulously... i will check back later... love you all....
Lisa... glad u r feeling better.... and remember that we r here for whatever u need... u can pm me or email me too if u would like. I feel a special bond with u... cant really explain it other than i feel it...lol take care of u!

Sandy

gma22
10-23-2003, 09:57 AM
I have 10 minutes before I am out the door again so thought I would try and get some points issued.

POINTS!!!

SandyB :grouphug:
Me :bravo:

I bought Rod Stewart's greatest hits (he was on Oprah yesterday and I guess that is what got me thinking about getting it) this morning so I am all pumped up. I doubt I get in exercise today, but then I need to kind of slow it down before the walk on Saturday. Maybe I will just boogy sitting here in the chair and jiggle it around some!

WTG MOMENT: I was shopping at Walmart's early this AM after dropping dh off and work, I passed up the Krispy Kreme (even though DH did a run through I didn't get anything) then at the store I looked at this new dessert it is a cherry crisp you bake and all comes in one box. I looked at the calories, put it back on the shelf AND WALKED AWAY!!! I plan on grabbing something here at home before leaving to get pet food and going and getting my haircut.

Well ladies, I need to run. Talk to you this evening.

Faye

Amanda Panda
10-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Hi Friends!

Sorry I've not checked in for a few days - Nigel has been on the computer 24/7 and I've been busy filling in application forms.

My diet went astray at the weekend, but I've been okay for the past few days. I'm going to spend some time today completely re thinking my diet - I'm not taking it seriously enough and keep slipping up every few days I'm definately not monitoring my food enough and am just happy if I don't have a pizza - but that's not good enough!

I'm thinking of seriously starting to count calories - it's worked for me in the past as it helps me to stay disciplined. I'm also thinking of writing some set menu's (like you Faye) - I think it may help if I KNOW what I'm having to eat at each meal. Anyway - a time of re -assessment is needed. I haven't lost any weight over the past 3 or 4 weeks and it's not on!. I'm cheating myself out of being slim - and it's got to stop!

O.K, self talk over!

I am beautiful and deserve the very best!

PAM - I would be happy to meet up with you! Keep me updated on your plans - it would be lovely to meet you!

BIG WTG!! I've given up smoking today! I feel really positive about it and am just going to take it day by day. I could really do with your support and prayers for strength. Thanks!

Love Amanda xx

friendsforfitness
10-23-2003, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to check in and say hi , but also to let you know I have been checking out flylady and I'm going to give it a shot. I just hope that I don't bite off more than I can chew, with my new business,school, a full time job, my new healthy lifestyle,and flylady stuff too. Oh well, I'll just give it my best shot, Pam inspired me with her soapbox stuff on everything coming together for her and that's what I'm aiming for as well. Thanks Pam.

Amanda- Good luck with the quitting smoking, I quit over 2 years ago and I'm really glad I did. There are still times when I crave, but they've gotten to be far and few between, just keep in mind it does get easier. (the last time I craved one was on June 12th of this year, I was working alone and one of our building caught on fire. It was huge and took all the firefighters from two cities to put it out) I should also mention our cities are very small, so that I don't blow the scenario completely out of proportion, but it was a very stressful day at work that day either way. I never did have one though, yay for me. :)

Faye-GFY passing up those donuts!! I know how hard that can be especially if your hungry.

Sandy- I hope you feel better soon, and yet even when you're under the weather you sound so chipper and positive girlie! You always make me smile and thanks so much for that and for being there for me. You're such a sweetie. You might need to slow down a bit and give your body a chance to recoup and strengthen up to fight that cold off. LOTS OF FLUIDS. Get better:)

Julie- Are you freaking at all about the holidays being so close? I am kind of, I used to be ready , but since new hubby, things just get in the way, can't explain it really. I am also trying to figure out how to handle some holiday traditions from christmas' past. Traditions that I know won't be good for me. We usually have like 10 or 15 people over for a huge christmas cookie making and decorating party. We make more cookies every year and last year we made over 200 or was it 300? Anyways it was a lot and it took about 6 hours to finish them all. They are my favorite cookies and everyone else's too, that will be hard to cancel, but I think I must. We'll probably still make one batch for us or hubby might become a monster on me! :lol:

Oh yeah, I've had a couple of WTG's that I haven't mentioned.
WTG1- I put on a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in a long time and they are loose! They were somewhat tight before.
WTG2- This one is my favorite so far, I have a jean skort, that was very tight and uncomfortable to sit down in and I wore it the other day and it's really loose! My pedometer won't work on either piece of clothing!! Can you believe it??!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!!

Lisa

happy dance dot
10-23-2003, 04:30 PM
Hi girls.

First of I got all my points yesterday, eventhough I did go it 5 of my flex pts.

Today I had lunch with boss and co-worker, mexican, but I managed to stay o/p and only usied 3 flex points. My co-worker is also following the same diet program so he's a good support partner.:) Oh boy I tell you I probably ate half of what I usually eat yet I feel stuffed and sleepy, I guess my stomach is getting accustomed to less food. I am even sleepy...:dz:

Faye-wtg on passing up on those goodies:D That's the spirit! Runaway Jury...like the preview for that movie...let me know how it is. Boyend Borders and Radio are also on my list of movies to watch and I too get quiet disturbed when it comes to abuse, hungery and other like issues. I actually saw Sleepers yesterday, with Brad Pitt, Robert de Niro among others and lets me tell you I was so upset. The events protrayed in this movie were ....wow I can't even find the word for it. I mean it got me angry and appalled to think this is happening and God forbid it were to happen to any child I know or for that matter to any child. Eventhough the district attorney denies knowledge of such events and there are no records of any such reports I am certain they have happened to some extent. What a shame. Anyway, sorry if I got carried away here.

SandyB-hope you feel better...try the ginger tea it helps me a lot.;) Oh and just for the record I also agree with Lisa. You have this certain vibe that you give off...soo happy and cheerful. You always bring a smile to my face. You present yourself very positively, I am glad for you. :)

Amanda- writing down what you eat and planning ahead of time I find helps me a bunch. Even though I count points I find I stick to it better when I plan ahead instead of just eating and counting as I go. I am glad you are twicking your diet...good luck. You are right we are beautiful and we deserve the best.

There is one thing I have learned by coming to talk with you girls o r at least one thing you all have helped me understand. That is: If I feel beautiful and act beautiful people with perceive me in that way. Same with the respect. I believe Faye was the one who told me in the begining when I told you girls about Andrew, I was enabling him and basically taking everything and anything from him. Thus disrespecting myself and my beliefs, goals, and wants in life. I had kind of forgotten about myself...then minute I got tough...real tough and standing up for myself and not taking one tiny bit of his "crap" he starting shaping up faster than you can say "Chihuahua":lol: :lol: Unbelieveable I tell you heeeheehee.

Anyway I wanted to thank you for that. All of you. You have helped me improve a part of my life. I believe I am a stronger person now. THANK YOU:grouphug:

Julie-I think I will check out that flylady;)

Lisa- glad to hear everything is falling back into place. Sounds like you'll be very busy...you can do it. Best of luck girl!

Okay I will shut up now:lol: :lol:

Take care girls.

gma22
10-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Heys girlies here is one more person's points for yesterday:

Dorothy: :bravo: As for what you said, you are absolutely right about being beautiful and making it come from you and not feeding off someone else! I cannot stress enough that though we are not satisfied with our health or how our body looks and we do not have to be, we do need to know that we are beautiful each and every one of us. I am glad you have found that when you have confidence, you are treated completely different than when you act ashamed. That is what you get back people who are ashamed of how you look so they stare or whisper etc. You know, as big as I am I RARELY get comments, but that is because I look people in the eye, smile, speak to them whatever and because in my head I am just like someone that is much smaller. Well, enough of that, I keep drilling that into people's heads and it is great that it stuck to you! :lol:

Amanda: Please, if you find you would like my menus, pm me your e-mail address and I will send them to you. The only thing you will have to do is go to the recipe section here and print off the appropriate recipe. So far, I haven't found any I didn't like of the ones I selected. My program is 1800/410 but if you need less, you can adjust it. Most of the recipes I use, I get 2 servings of it so you can adjust that way , but only eating one serving and adding low or no fat like veggie or fruit. I would be happy to send them to you. They have 3 meals and 3 snacks per day and I try to eat about every 3-4 hours.

Lisa: What a great WTG! I get so excited when I have clothes that start fitting again no matter how old they are. That is terrific that you are seeing results. It helps to keep you going.

Well, I got all my hair chopped off today. They went up on their prices again so now with the tip my haircut costs me $40! Sheesh, I guess I am a cheapskate, but it seems like everytime I go in there they have upped the prices. I bet what it might be is she put this "red" conditioner on my hair when she washed it to help keep it bright. I bet that was it because the last haircut she gave me cost me $25. Oh well, it stays ok for about 6-8 weeks so I guess that is not too bad. I then was mad at the girl that did my nails and didn't leave her a tip. She cut corners and that is not satisfactory to me when I am paying good money to have stuff done, ya know?

I went over cal tonight, but I had to try Olive Garden's Pumpkin cheesecake and since instead of my regular Chicken Alfredo I had the linguine with marinara which is really low in cals, I ate some of the cheesecake, which if you go there for a special occasion get it and share with several people. It is DIVINE! I am going to try it and cut the calories making it and see how it comes out.

Well, I am going to go for the evening. It is supposed to rain Saturday and Kel says they will cancel if it is raining, which will be a bummer because they won't reschedule it.

Faye;)

gigglez
10-23-2003, 11:56 PM
Hey there chickies!

Sorry that I have been MIA, but my puter putered out! Got everything running for now. Missed everyone bunches. Was lost to death without being able to check up and see what everyone is up to. Enough said for now. Have lots of catching up to do.

Hugs,
sandy

pjkdreamer
10-24-2003, 06:36 AM
Hellooooooooo Chicksters,

No, I didn't disappear off the face of the earth! :lol: Just really busy the last couple of days. We have friends visiting this weekend, and I am STILL working on getting the house ready. It feels so good to be able to do it though. Haven't checked out the flylady yet, but I will, I need all the help I can get!

pts: lets see, Pts for Wednesday.Yikes!! I am behind! all 4...Pts for Yesterday, 3, no exercise, (well no formal exerise, but between cleaning and errands, I am surely active, but need to get back on it!!! Okay, maybe I am up to date...I had set a goal of 50 lbs gone by 10/31! so I might just make it by the skin of my teeth! :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

Welcome back Sandy (gigglez) We DID miss you:wave:

Faye, Hair AND Nails, I'll bet you are looking sharp! You are my hero (heroine!!) ;)

Dorothy, you are so right honey, you are beautiful (as we all are)! One of the mantras I learned in OA (overeaters anonymous) was ACT AS IF!! (act as if until you believe it, and it will become so!!!), and it does work. Replacing all those old worn out tapes in your head with positives, WHATEVER YOU THINK IS WHAT YOU WILL BECOME!!! :angel: you keep up the great work girl.

Lisa, Congrats, :cp: :cp: fitting into those clothes again. As for the chronic depression. I too know what that is like, even more so now since I have been taking antidepressant meds. ( I realize now, and it is a frightening thing to me, just how depressed I was), I am feeling soooooooooo much better, it is unreal! I have obviously found a med that works for me, I wish I had taken something 15-20 years ago! There is a history of depression in my family, so I know there is a predispostion there, and then it was further compounded by all those years I abused food, and stuffed down all of my feelings!! I withdrew, and isolated, and literally built a wall around myself, a wall of fat, that I so often thought was impenatrable! But, you know what, that wall is crumbling now!! And I am most grateful, so, IF it means taking medication, I will glady do it, I am willing to do whatever!!! it takes to become fit and healthy! And of course coming to this site and finding all of you lovelies here waiting for me, well that is just "icing on the cake", (better than real cake thats for sure!!! THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR BEING THERE FOR ME!!! I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU:grouphug:

Amanda, THAT IS FABULOUS!!! NO MORE SMOKING!! My mother stopped about 2 mos ago, AFTER HAVING SMOKED FOR 53 YEARS!!!! I AM SO PROUD OF HER AND FOR HER, AS I AM FOR YOU!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Sandyb, Mirabelly, and Joy, you girls stay strong and have a wonderful day, Catch you later Chickies:D

sw 356/June 5/cw ?-wi 10/31--but somewhere around 309!!! TWOTERVILLE, HERE I COME! WATCH OUT!!
Next goal: 50 down by 10/31
next goal: 75 down by 2/29
final goal: somewhere in the 130's!!!!

toodles girlies:dizzy:

Mirabelly
10-24-2003, 07:57 AM
Good Morning all and HAPPY POUNDS DOWN FRIDAY!

YES! I got all 4 points yesterday.......
and YES! I lost 2 pounds last week. Putting me at 225 (25 down since June)

I've been so down the last week, and then unexplainedly I'm "up" today..........I think I figured it out. It's the LIGHT! This time of year up north is famous as "depression season". The days get very short (ending up with pitch dark coming around 4 in the afternoon) and on top of that it's been raining (or snowing) all week. Soooooo, this year I'm gonna nip these damn winter light problems in the bud and splurge on some full spectrum light bulbs. They simulate natural light and are supposed to help your mood in the winter. I've never tried them, but my mom has been begging me to get some for years now. They cost between 4 and 8 bucks a pop! But it would be so worth it if I don't have to deal with the mood swings.

Anyway, it's a bright sunny day today.....so I'm gonna get some exercise outdoors today. I've got 2 cords of wood to stack, at the very least!

AMANDA-- WOO HOO for YOU on quitting! :cp: :cp: :dance: Those cancer sticks will KILL YOU! Stay strong and breathe easy.

PAM--don't delay checking out the flylady. Her motto is "YOU ARE NOT BEHIND. JUST JUMP IN WHERE YOU ARE...." and my favorite "HOUSEKEEPING DONE WRONG STILL BLESSES YOUR FAMILY." It means you don't have to be perfect, just take baby steps. You're going to love it!

LISA--don't give up the cookie baking completely. I did that once, and ended up just gorging on everything else because I felt like I'd been "robbed" of my traditions. Just buy enough ingredients to make a couple of dozen.....and then make sure that there are lots of people there to help you eat them. And do it on a "special night".....like Christmas eve, so you don't get tempted to do it again on the "real" holiday.

Well, gotta go now. The kids are in the car.

Later,
Julie

friendsforfitness
10-24-2003, 08:06 AM
Really quick check in and I'm off to my job. I did something that is going to shock all of you..... are you sitting down??? Ok here goes... I actually... stripped at a strip club for hubby last night..ROTFLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, ok, ok... no really, I got ALL FOUR POINTS YESTERDAY!!!! Whoooo-hooo!! Also I lost another 1.6 pounds! I made my 10 pound goal by halloween!! Here all this time I have been beating myself up and I'm still going in the right direction..hmmm.. maybe I am just too hard on myself?? Gotta think about that one for a bit... I'll check in later to chat more. Have a great Friday everybody!!

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Lisa

gma22
10-24-2003, 09:26 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday! Looks like we have some great losses this week!

HERE IS OUR NEW LBS DOWN ON FRIDAY WIZARD. IF YOU POST ON FRIDAY WHAT YOUR LOSS WAS (PAM FOR YOU POST WHATEVER YOU WANT FOR THE MONTH OR WHATEVER), I WILL POST THEM TOGETHER SO EVERYONE SEES! :wizard:

LISA 1.6
JULIE 2
ME 4.5

POINTS FOR THURSDAY (AND WED FOR PAM)

Pam :bravo: :cp:
Julie :bravo:
Lisa :bravo:
Me :grouphug:
Sandy/giggle :cp:
Amanda: I was remiss in congratulating you on quitting smoking! That is terrific. You can do it. Like weight loss it is hard, but it is all about what you really want in your life! Yeah for you!

Lisa: Hope dh loved the show! YOU GO GIRL!

As for holiday cookies, if you are really into cookies and like making unusual ones, I make a Hungarian cookie that is fabulous, fattening, but fabo and I give cookies as gifts to neighbors and friends rather than other gifts. The cookies are called Kieflies and those of you in the midwest may have had them or heard of them. Anyway, they are cresent shaped, the cookie dough is rolled out paper thin and is made from flour, sour cream, egg yolks, lemon zest and a LB of butter and the filling is ground walnuts,whipped egg whites, powdered sugar, vanilla. They are really heavenly. My older sister cuts corners and makes hers with cheap margarine and pecans and they are AWFUL! You HAVE to use the expensive ingredients in them. Anyway, any cookie gourmets may have the recipe if you let me know, I will post it.

You guys, I am telling you, the devil is trying to keep me from doing this tomorrow. NOT only is there a 60% chance of rain ALL DAY, but I started my period yesterday evening so I am going to have my bad day TOMORROW! UGH! I don't care, as long as they have the race I am walking, I don't care if I have to wear a blanket between my legs and look like Baby Huey! :lol:

I have already gotten in 2 miles this morning and I need to shop again so I have to kick it!

Later

gigglez
10-24-2003, 09:28 AM
Good morning chickies!

Lisa, I know about being too hard on myself. I tend to go way overboard as in wholehog when I decide to do something and then when I deivate any at all I beat myself black and blue. It has taken me a long time to learn not to do that and I still have trouble with it but now that I don't beat myself up as often I can accomplish more. Everyone has his or her own way of doing things and I know that sometimes it is easier said than done, but what has helped me more than anything was learning to look at my diet differently. It is not a diet nor a plan. It is a choice, a choice that I have made to eat healthier and to be healither. This choice is for me alone. This has to be something that I am doing for me and not someone else or any other reason(special occasion). That tought process has helped me so much. In the mean time hey if anyone notices and comments well, then that is great, but even though I do feel good when those times comes around I have to say to myself this is all about you and not what they see or think. The depression is hard to get thru however. I generally did eat when depressed or stressed. The depression eating has turned into energy(i move around more when depressed), the stress I am still working on. I still reach for that chocolate when stressed but not I have learned to limit myself to a small amount(usually a handful of something). Even though I have rambled on and on I hope that this might be of some help to you Lisa. Just keep on and you will find your balance.

Julie, those light bulbs sound interesting. Where could I find them at. I am nowheres as far north as you but still I do tend to get depressed when the snow hits and hey who knows maybe they could be of some benefit.

Anyway, yesterday I got in 3 pts. Water was a little short. Thats alright today is another day. Gotta run

hugs,
sandy

gigglez
10-24-2003, 09:36 AM
Faye, you have worked to hard to have this bad attitude going! And I quote"but I started my period yesterday evening so I am going to have my bad day tomorrow" I realize that we each know how our TOM is going to be but this mind frame of I am going to isn't going to help matters at all. Why not look at it in this manner. I am going to have a great day no matter what. or I pray that this one isn't going to be as bad, I hope this one to be better. Faye, by no means am I attacking you but I am only wanting to see you succeed in this! I have learned that by taking my thoughts and trying to keep a more positive outlook things usually goes much better than I expect. I pray for you that they will go wonderfully and that you get out there and give it your all.

hugs,
sandy

Sandybrat
10-24-2003, 09:44 AM
GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFULS!!!! 2 lbs down!!! lost forever!! WOOOO HOOOOO!! Got points for h2o and op yesterday... have not been exercising because i decided i should get well first. So, while you lovelies were giving me that advice i had decided that for myself. I will start exercising again Monday. New week and i will be better physically so i will restart....
Man u ladies are on fire today... i can't keep up... LOL i am trying to post and u guys keep posting more!! LOL I wish i could just talk to u all..... Anyway... Happy and Lisa... u guys just made my day! Thanks for the kind words!! I try to be and stay happy... being any other way is pointless to me! LOL WTG Lisa on the strip tease... u rock!! someday i will... my thing is singing... love love love the kareokee...LOL Things are kinda rushed here this morning so i will ge this out and post more later... Love you all... take care of u today!! Mom is taking me to curves today and paying for a 3 month trial.... I love curves so hopefully all will work out!!! Stay strong and be happy today!!

Love and laughter,
Sandy

Sandybrat
10-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Faye i agree with Sandy... make your mind set positive and hopefull... WE LOVE YOU and will be with u every step of the way...

Sandy

gma22
10-24-2003, 10:04 AM
I guess I didn't come across very well about it! I am raring to go, I just think that stumbling blocks are put in the way of good things sometimes and it irritates me. I am really upbeat about it and not worried at all. A little nervous maybe, but that is because I have never done anything organized.

SandyB: :wizard: 2

SandyB :cp:

Gotta run!

friendsforfitness
10-24-2003, 10:22 AM
Ok wait a second folks... IT WAS A JOKE!!! :lol: That's why all the laughing. Nooooooo wayyyyy not now anyways. I was just kidding. The real shocker was that I got all 4 points yesterday!!

:lol: That is so funny that people actually thought I did that!! ROTFLOL. You have no idea how modest I am! :lol: Naked is not something I share. LOL You ladies really gave me a good laugh though, thanks for the confidence boosters.LOL I'm just sitting here cracking up..LOL.

Sandy (gigglez)- Thanks a lot for your advice and I am trying to look at it as a permanent lifestyle change as a matter of fact I rarely if ever refer to what I'm doing as a diet. I hope that helps. It's good to know that there are people out there who can relate.

Sandybrat- You could combine the strip tease with a song...LOL GFY on the curves too! Your Mom rocks!! Tell her I said "hi". (grin)

Faye- You got it girl! You can do it we all know you can and we are going there with you Saturday in our hearts. As a matter of fact, I am going to take my walking to the next level Saturday in honor of you and what your doing. I usually only walk 1 mile, the other night I made it a little over that and on Saturday I will walk no less than 2 miles. I know that's small potatoes to lots of you ladies but it will be a struggle for me and I will feel like I'm more in spirit there with you Faye, breathing heavy and sweating my patooties off!! So Saturday it is.. we shall walk. What time does it start? I want to be walking during the time of your walk too. Also you might want to try some heating pads tonight on your cramping areas and some sort of anti-inflammatory i live by 500 mg. of Naproxin on the nights of my TOM. Keep smilin Faye, knowing we are with ya every step of the way lady!! As far as that cookie recipe goes, if it's that good I don't even want to know...I don't have enough will power to fight off anything heavenly in my house right now, maybe as time passes I'll be stronger. :)

Julie- Great suggestion, I'll probably do that. Thanks. & GFY getting outside in that sunshine. It really lifts your spirits doesn't it?? I need to try to remember that when I get down.

I'm so glad I'm feeling normal again, thanks so much everyone for sticking it out with me.

Lisa

Amanda Panda
10-24-2003, 11:42 AM
Hi Friends

Everyone seems really positive and upbeat at the moment, it's been great catching up on everyone's posts.

I got 3 points yesterday - no exercise.

Faye - yes I would love to have a look at your menu's - even if they just give me a few ideas, it would really help. I will PM you with my email. Thanks!

WOW! so many great weight losses this week - well done everyone!. I have had a terrible month - I don't think I'll have lost anything this month when I weigh in on the 31st - I'm annoyed with myself for wasting a whole month, when I could have lost another 8lbs, but there is no point dwelling on it. I think re-structuring my diet plan will help to get me motiveted again.

DAY 2 of being a non smoker - I am doing really well! It's not too bad really, although my sleep has been affected. I get a craving every now and then , but I just picture all the really horrible smoking related diseases and it soon passes. I just think that whatever I go through now is nothing compared to having my voice box removed or my tongue cut out - sorry to be so brutal about it, but it really helps me!

All the best to you Faye on your run - we will all be thinking of you, and we are all so PROUD of you! Go for it and enjoy yourself!

Later

Amanda xxx

happy dance dot
10-24-2003, 12:01 PM
TGIF Girls!

I got all 4pts yesterday. Hope everyone is good. Faye good luck on that walk...g2g for now kinda busy at work.

take care girls

gigglez
10-24-2003, 12:51 PM
Afternoon ladies!

I think that it is great Lisa that you want to be walking the same time that Faye is walking. Faye, I know that you will shine during your walk tomorrow. I wish that I could be there to cheer you on. I would say that I will be walking the same time that you are but more than likely I will be going at it full tilt tomorrow. Between my second job(include lots of lifting, bending, and climbing) and the fast pace of my main job I will be in a run as you are walking. Nonetheless I will be thinking of you and Lisa as well as she plans to increase her walking tomorrow.

SandyB I think that it is awesome that you are getting a 3 month membership gave to you. Enjoy it to the max. Maybe I will be lucky enough to have santa do the same for me but first I have to find a santa.

Amanda keep up the good control. Remember that slow and steady wins the race. I am so thankful that I never picked up that habit. You will beat this cause I know that you are so much stronger than the addiction!

I finally got the scale to move. After being stuck at 176 for 2 months I got it to go down 1 lb. This I am hopeful is the end of this plaute(sp) and am looking forward to missing more of myself. This weight 175 puts me with only 20 more to go to reach my goal. Here I come 150. I think that I am going to shoot for 160 by the end of the year. I figure that 15lbs would be a safe loss in that time frame. Time to move and groove, tighten and tone.

Everyone take care and have a wonderful day. The work day is calling my name and as much as I would love to stay here I have to go and play store. Here's to a blessed day.

Hugs
sandy

gma22
10-24-2003, 09:17 PM
POINTS WRAPUP!

Amanda: :cp: (sent you the menus and notes)
Dorothy: :bravo:

Lbs down :wizard:

Sandy/giggle 1

I am feeling your vibes already! I drove the route tonight to see what it was like. I have one pretty steep hill and a couple little ones but all in all it is a nice walk through a beautiful neighborhood. Looks daunting, but I know that the best thing for me tomorrow is to keep looking at the ground and listening to my music and and as we used to say in the 70's "Just Keep Truckin'!" Thank you Lisa, as you walk tomorrow every once in awhile whisper "keep going, Faye, you can do it!" The race starts right at 8 am central time! I will keep you in my thoughts too! You can do 2 miles, I know you can.

I have a daughter who is not a touchy feely kind of person, more a brillo pad... anyway she said to me today, "Mom, I am so proud of you. I know you can do this, that is why I have been pushing you to try." I can't tell you what that means to me. She never ever compliments me on anything and to have her say she is proud of me, really makes me want to go out there and KICK BUTT!

I may not get in here before walking tomorrow so if I don't I will catch up with you when I get home and send you my "finished the race!" picture!

I love you all for caring so much!

gigglez
10-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Evening!

Faye, by 8 am central time I will have already been on the job for close to 4 hrs, if not more. Go out there, have fun, and give it heck! I understand about your dd, and I think that it was wonderful of her to make those heartfelt comments to ya. Good luck!

Hugs all,
sandy

oh yeah got in all 4 today

happy dance dot
10-24-2003, 10:10 PM
gigglez- congrats on your 1lb loss. Great to here you got past that plateau.:)

faye- i am glad you got that compliment from your daughter. Good for u. Can't wait to see the pic. We're all cheering you on think of us while you're walking cheering you on :jig: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :goodvibes :hyper: :balloons: ...okay I think you get the picture lol

good night ladies

gma22
10-25-2003, 06:37 AM
DO NOT POST HERE, BUT RUNNNNNN OR WALK TO #35