South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 07:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Just Chat - October 18 & 19

The coffee is on and the sunrise is looking good. Better wear a coat if you want to sit on the deck because it's 31F out there! I have the furry Girls reserved for myself!

Yesterday was a total disaster foodwise, despite excellent intentions. Sometimes I really hate myself! At nearly 65, you'd think I am at the age of discretion but ..... Detox today!

Harry is up and dressed so I'm into my Wifey/Nursie role and will do his tests, meds and breakfast and be back. See you later.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:14 AM   #2  
Imagine...

No coffee for me thanks. It makes me want to smoke so I'm staying away for a while arrgh. I have been doing good food wise I may have even shed a pound or two, but I'm not looking

Today I am off to the market and say it with me now girls "no junk, no junk, no junk, no junk". Then to the bookstore & then to buy a crockpot.

I will try to get in a walk before the rain.

Have a Sunny Day Chicks!
Old 10-18-2003, 05:22 PM   #3  

Talking

Hmmm wonder if it is too late for coffee at 4:15 pm??? I finally have a chance to sit and relax! Got off work, walked the boys 2X (makes them sound like pups ) and then my ex husband showed up....he took the boys!

DH is up at the farm helping my brother - I am in Heaven!!! Time for a cocktail on the deck - as it warmed up to 72 degrees.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-18-2003, 05:28 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Colder than a witch's boob here or I'd join you! The good thing is that I picked raspberries and any wasps that were there were frozen to the berries!
Hey, nice to know an ex-husband is good for something!
Old 10-18-2003, 07:46 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

My internet provider has been off all day, so couldn't stop in for coffee. I'm just in time for wine and music. : We had a lovely day here, a bit cooler and sunny and dry air. Just one of the many reasons I like Florida.

I've been working on making posters for our next up-coming event. Fall Festival and Craft Sale. Never a dull moment. But my term of office is nearly over. I will be very glad to turn the 'reins' over to someone else.

My DH and I have been in a 'swinging gate' sort of eating this weekend so far. That is half OP and half who cares. I know corn is a big no-no and that is one of our favorite veggies. Went to the farmers mkt. and they had fresh corn - so - you guessed it. We had some.

I do like the roasted chickpeas, and will make another new batch. They help keep me honest.

Have a great rest of the weekend all you chicks. Lizzie
Old 10-19-2003, 12:02 AM   #6  
WW Moderator

Hi ladies, I have a question! There are two daily threads the past few days...is it always like that?
Old 10-19-2003, 06:41 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

We've had three dailies for a while. They seem to cover different topics most of the time - inspiration, exercise and general kvetching!

Coffee is ready for those of us who indulge. It's still dark so we'll stay indoors today. The back room is still nice and cosy from the fire I made in the stove last night. I worked outside yesterday afternoon and got chilled to the bone!

This morning's Church Service is a joint Parish Service in the metropolis of Athens (pop. 1000) followed by a pot luck lunch which I will skip as I'm trying to stick to the straight and narrow these days - trying, I said, not succeeding yet!

Hersh has "school" this afternoon but I may let her play hooky and help me with outdoor stuff. Fall is fleeting and she already is a Canine Good Citizen, just not officially.

Have a great SUnday.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:48 AM   #8  

Good Morning Everyone!!!! Actually it already 9:30 here - but have not had a chance to sit down with a cup of java yet.

I love my coffee black and very strong...I think I got carried away this morning, it is so strong I won't be sleeping for a week!

It is not too bad here 41 degrees...so I think I will head outside before I have to go to work this afternoon.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 12:24 PM   #9  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ruthie, pour me a giant MUG of your strongest, hon! Being a nonsmoker after 30 years of smoking is tough on the system!

I'm playing hooky from Boot Camp...I'm likely to have a major meltdown if I don't just work on getting myself through today!

So, I am selfishly concentrating on me! And not paying too much attention to what goes in my mouth, either. I figure a couple of days of being off plan won't kill me, while cigarettes will, right?

I know, I know, quitting is such a good thing. But would somebody please go back in time and slap the 12 year old Franny upside her silly noggin' when she first decided to light up so she would be "cool?" I'd do it myself but I'd probably kill the wench, and that would really screw up the time/space continuem or something like that!

Okay, I'm done whining...for now. Off to work on my white chili we have planned for dinner. I'll come back when I'm in a better mood. Thanks, chickies!

Hey Sflake...how are YOU holding up? Killed anyone yet?
Old 10-19-2003, 01:25 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Poor babies, frannymae and sflake. Just think, you will be better people when you get through this.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:15 PM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-Thanks for asking about the Parent/Teacher conferences a few days back!! Things have been crazy around here and I am finally starting to get caught up. DS16 is doing REALLY well, and the conferences were wonderful. DS13 (You may remember) had problems last year, but seems to be improving this year. There is still room for improvement, but his teachers are WONDERFUL this year so it might actually happen!!! Last year he was being bullied more, wasn't getting his work done and had HORRIBLE teachers (except for math.) These teachers seem more patient. They won't put up with his garbage (YAY!!) but they also LIKE him (YAY!!) perfect combo for him!!!

Franny and Sflake-you are both doing just about the hardest thing there is to do. I remember hearing that quitting smoking is like quitting HEROIN in terms of difficulty. So DON'T get down on yourselves. It will be hard, BUT YOU CAN BOTH DO IT!! AND I admire you both for tackling it. You SHOULD pamper yourselves while quitting!!
Old 10-19-2003, 05:37 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Frass! I finally decided I needed drops for my three day earache and had to drive 25 miles each way to get an open pharmacy! Life in the country is not all that idyllic sometimes! (Um....I had to buy a chocolate bar too. )
Old 10-19-2003, 06:24 PM   #13  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-Sorry to hear your ears are bugging you. Hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 10-19-2003, 09:47 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Ruth: Sorry you are having earaches. That is no fun, and then the long drive to get some relief. I bet the candybar was useful to soothe the pain. Hope the long trip was worth it and your ear will soon be back to normal. Hope I'll be around tomorrow for wine and piano music. Lizzie.
Closed Thread