South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 06:50 AM   #1  

Question SBD Breakfast ideas

I am so used to cereal and milk.
What are some good breakfast ideas? What do you eat for breakfast?
Old 10-15-2003, 07:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Eggs are my standard but you will get sick of them. Sometimes I have leftover meat from the night before or make a protein shake. Check out the recipe section and think outside the box!
(Breakfasts are easier when you get to Phase II.)
Old 10-15-2003, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/166/158

Height: 5'6"

This morning I had a leftover burger and I put a full serving of cooked-from-frozen spinach on top and some crumbled feta cheese. It isn't a typical breakfast, but it was very yummy and satisfying!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:16 AM   #4  

Hey Jen,
I usually eat a bowl of cereal at my desk every morning when I get to work, so needless to say, it is not easy in Phase 1. This morning I had some vegetable juice, a handful of almonds and some cottage cheese. I make those quiche cups that are in the book and just put them in the microwave at work, which are good, but I got totally sick of them by the end of week 1. What day are you on?
Old 10-15-2003, 11:40 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Jen,
I have cereal in the morning, I buy the very expensive, but plan friendly Atkins low carb cereals. I used to use some brands of Kashi, but you might be able to find plan friendly cereals. I use 1/3 cup of 1% milk and have one seving that I do measure at 2/3 cup....it is very protein intensive and dense so it fills me up.

phase one however, I did have cheeses, hard boiled eggs, I find staying true to phase one (or induction of Atkins) really only works if you follow it as outlined--at least for me.

If at the end of week one your sick of eggs, then try to have the alternatives at the begining of phase one, so that when your starting to be bored, the eggs aren't that bad!

rb
Old 10-15-2003, 03:25 PM   #6  
Fighter

I usually have a quiche cup (I double the recipe but still make only 12, they're just double the size so I only eat one) or a bowl of cereal with skim milk, or my favorite, some old fashioned oatmeal with a couple packets of Splenda, some cinnamon, and a handful of raisins. I'm on Phase II, though, and on Phase I I would eat either a quiche cup or a string cheese. I'm not that hungry in the morning anyway. :-D
Old 10-15-2003, 08:51 PM   #7  

This was my first day. (I had eggs for breakfast.)
So far so good. Thank you for the ideas!
Old 10-16-2003, 11:54 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

In Phase 1, don't forget about turkey bacon. That and some cottage cheese will get you through the morning until snack time.I've even had turkey roll ups or chicken salad mix for breakfast. You can have whatever you want, as long as it's on the food list. Be creative!

In Phase 2, along with adding in some oatmeal or high fiber cereal, I like to mix cottage cheese with a chopped apple, sprinkle with Splenda and cinnamon. Sometimes I'll even nuke it in the MW for a few seconds. It tastes great warm on a cold morning.
Closed Thread