Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 09:21 AM   #1  

Default #172 Ten Pounds at a Time: Fall is Here

Not the most creative title for a thread, but it does the job.

Hope everyone is having a good morning...

I am feeling great today, even though it is cold and rainy outside. Dan slept on the couch. He must have fallen asleep watching the new TV. He starts his new schedule today - instead of 9 to 5 he works noon to 8pm. I am now going to be the "early riser".

Hope everyone has an OP day!

Meg
Old 10-14-2003, 03:13 PM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

Just like a man (kid) can't put the new toy down
Done 3mls on the weightloss program today and 20mins of free weights feel great! Got to do major revamping with the menu tho' started tracking everything religiously now..i've got to move if i want to shift 20 for Christmas only 10 weeks on Thursday still 'doable' as Carol would say at a steady 2lbs a week
Old 10-15-2003, 12:56 AM   #3  

Any Cub fans in our group? I don't know if any of you watched the game tonight, but Dan and I were glued to the new tv. We don't really watch sports, but tonight was "100 years in the making" so we thought we would watch, and then walk to the park and party with the rest of the crowd. Needless to say, that didn't happen. Unfortunately, the final game is while I have class tomorrow night. I have already missed 2 classes (that's 6 hours I have to go spend there in front of the computer). I don't really want to make it 9. Bummer.

Did 1.5 miles of WATP before the game. I drowned my sorrows in a Haagen Daz ice cream bar.

Hope everyone is having a good night, and here is to an OP tomorrow.

Go Cubs!

Meg
Old 10-15-2003, 12:52 PM   #4  
Woman on a Mission

Hi girls,

Meg, I watched that game in total disbelief in the 8th inning! What a shocker. I sure hope the Cubs pull it off today. I'm gonna make sure to check TSN while I"m stuck here at work.

Cathy great job on the treadmill. 20 lbs for Christmas is totally doable You go girl.

I'm doing alright, holding my own and trying not get overwhelmed with everything. I just need some "me" time and I'm not sure when I'm going to get it

Have a great day gals...I'll pop back in later.

Pam
Old 10-16-2003, 04:40 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Its quiet around here when it Terry back? Boy, is it ever P-ersistantly raining here think i need to build an Arc
Did another 3mls today and 20mins of weights so far no progress on the scale but never mind it'll shift! Weigh in tomorrow.

Pam and Meg..there is a big fuss over that Cubs fan is'nt there? Poor Guy! stupid thing to do though at such a crucial moment but i guess you don't think of that when you want that ball I bet he feels like the fugitive right now probably changing his haircolour as we speak
Old 10-16-2003, 04:52 PM   #6  

I guess a resort in Florida offered the guy a 3 month stay for free if he wanted to leave town...

Well, VERY productive today. Cleaned alot, and did some work on our other apartments (we own a 4 unit building). Put in a faucet, a shower head, a light fixture...

I also got blood work done and a flu shot. Now I need to study.

Hope everyone is having a great day -

Meg
Old 10-16-2003, 05:00 PM   #7  
Woman on a Mission

Poor guy eh? I can't believe they "outed" him...nothing like painting a target on his forhead. I hope he makes it out of this unscathed I heard he's a huge Cubs fan too....I just feel so sorry for him.

Cat, great job on the treadmill. You are inspring me to haul my butt over to it!

Meg, good luck with your studying.

I get my mid term back tonight and then tomorrow night we have Makenzie for an overnight stay so I'm sure I'll be hopping from then until Saturday afternoon. Last time she stayed over she had Auntie Pam up at 6:15 a.m. *ugh* Oh well, she's a cutie pie.

Talk to you all later,

Pam
Old 10-17-2003, 11:23 AM   #8  
Connecticut

Morning!

Wow, smaller boobs and bigger TVs -- I missed a lot while I was gone . Missed you guys too!! The Tampa area was beautiful and the Bed and Breakfast was one of the best ones I have ever stayed at. We did so much including tons of shopping and walking, a high tea, and I even got my first massage. I saw wild parakeets, dolphins playing close to shore and beautiful foliage and palm trees everywhere. And I survived the plane trip so it was a great get-away. Love xanax!

Back to reality and off to work today -- I can really get into traveling. Too bad it costs money !

Dang, the Cubs and the Sox lost -- that would have been just a great World Series. Glad it's over though -- Chris takes his baseball and the Red Sox way too seriously. I wish he would direct his passion elsewhere like into school.

Still need to catch up with all of you and hopefully I'll have some time tonight to really read all the posts I missed. I just skimmed this morning and noticed boobs and TVs.

Happy Friday everyone and it's back to dieting today with a vengeance. I had a chocolate souffle to die for one night!

Always, Terry
Old 10-17-2003, 12:49 PM   #9  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Hi Terry glad you had such a good time and even more glad to have you back

Well, weigh in for me and YES! I've lost 2lbs puts me back in the 150's (just ) i'm so glad to see the back of the 160's i hated them I was getting a bit disheartened there for a minute thinking that my treadmill routines were'nt working
but i'm glad that they are and i'll keep doing them

Still raining here but not the terrential stuff like yesterday apparently we beat the record rainfall level yesterday not sure what it was but i did hear mention of 200mls on the news..that is not a record that i'm particularly interested in hearing just showers today so i don't mind venturing out in those.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:00 PM   #10  

Terry - we missed you! Glad Tampa was great. Aren't dolphins cool? We saw some in May and they took our breath away. Hope work wasn't too overwhelming today.

Cathy, you make me so jealous. 2 pounds, and breaking the back of 160! You should be so proud! You inspire me that it can happen.

I have had alot of stomach pain today. I have spent most of it in bed taking maalox and using a heating pad. I have had an ulcer for 15 years. It rarely acts up, but boy when it does...

Well, it looks like Dan and I are going to Italy in December. Believe it or not we found a 2 br house in Italy for $550 for a week. You guys have to check it out. Email me and I will send you the link to see the photos. I can't wait!!!

Well, back to bed. Just up to check email.

Meg
Old 10-18-2003, 07:33 AM   #11  
Connecticut

Morning Ladies!

Boy is it chilly this morning -- time to pull down the storm windows. I just glanced at next week's forecast and they are predicting daytime highs to be in the 40s by week's end. A bit too chilly for this time of year. Oh well - sweater weather

Cathy, awesome to see the scale moving down for you ! See, I told ya once you set your mind to it, you do great so keep it up. Maybe rain is a good luck charm for you!

Meg, there's a place in Florida near Cape Canaveral where you can actually swim with the dolphins, holding onto their fins, etc. Not my cup of tea as I think "huge fish with teeth" here but people do love it. In fact my hairdresser did that the last time she was in Florida and had a photo taken. I will continue to admire their majestic beauty from afar, thank you very much .

Hey, I would love to see the house info for Italy -- what a deal!! I am so jealous as Italy is on my wish list for "someday" -- my email is "[email protected]" -- what a wonderful trip you and Dan are planning. Hope you feel better this morning ....

Went out to dinner last night and did well with my food choices. I am combining WW and SBD here -- staying within the flex points but going easy on the carbs. My stomach feels better with a more well-rounded selection of foods lately.

Ok, ladies, back to my morning coffee and the newspaper. Hope you all have a great Saturday ....

Terry
Old 10-18-2003, 12:18 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies,

I was up bright and early this morning and saw a beautiful sunrise i'll attach a pic for you to enjoy Its dry today so far alas it will not last i fear the 'record' rainfall i was talking about turned out to be 136mls and my huge pond has gone from being bone dry to overflowing

Not exercised as yet but i will do as soon as i 'get rid' of hubby
I decided to try some oatmeal for brekky ( i must be getting serious about weightloss ) and it was 'orrible YUK! so i'm back on the raisin bran and cornflakes.

Meg..feeling better today? hope so WOW you have gotten a really good deal there!

T..i'm like you..i will admire all 'wildlife' from afar thanks..when i was in the Caymans some of the group went to a place..i can't think of the name Stingray City or something City anyway they swam with these huge stingray's and one of the lads was telling me about how one went right over his back I just went to look at the monster turtles instead
Old 10-18-2003, 12:24 PM   #13  
Connecticut

OMG! What a beautiful sunrise, Cathy! Between drooling over the pictures of Meg's Italian villa and your morning view, my day's made! I love the Scottish oats -- I mix in some splenda and sugar free maple syrup (nothing like the real thing though!) and it's pretty good. I thought swimming with dolphins was bad enough, but stingrays???? No way, Jose! Ok, bored so I am going into work (although Russ just called and said it's quiet so I may hit some stores on my way in). I had Special K with Berries for breakfast already -- yummy . Be back later, gators!
Old 10-18-2003, 12:25 PM   #14  
Connecticut

I just set your sunrise as my desktop background as it's so pretty
Old 10-18-2003, 01:23 PM   #15  
Gym'll fix it!!

I think thats why i did'nt like the oatmeal Terry i did'nt sweeten it..but i did'nt like the texture either..all mushy i had Raisin Bran instead I'm just watching Cooking Thin and she's just baked some apples and here's the tip she say's to cut a strip of peel off of the apples so that they don't explode i can't say that any actually have for me but then again i hardly ever make them anyway seeing as i had planned to make one for dessert later i think i'll take her advice on second thoughts i might make that Apple n' Raisin Strudel instead

Glad you like the pic..i'm off to the shops too
Closed Thread