South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 07:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - The Weekend - October 11 & 12

We are in dense fog right now so I can't tell you about the sunrise. Imagine you are in a pail of milk! The Girls disappear when they go to the end of the Dog Garden to check out the neighbour's dog.

Another good night of sleep with no dog noise in the night! I have the solution! It was warm enough last night to sit on the back deck with my sleepytime tea and watch the moon. I'm grabbing every opportunity because the deck might as well be gone November to March.

Today is a big day in the Village with visitors to the Mill. We will be out and about as much as possible but I promise NOT to buy any buttertarts at the Sale - even if Kay Dean made them!

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-11-2003, 07:32 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Ruth~Good to hear you are sleeping well. It was a beautiful moon last night, wasn't it? I cuddled up with a blanket in the hammock for a little while and just had a peaceful moment to myself enjoying the beauty of it. Hope H is doing ok.

Today is grocery shopping day....yay, (not) I hate that job

Have a peaceful day chicksters
Old 10-11-2003, 10:35 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Yes! The moon WAS beautiful! I fell asleep on the chaise lounge in our bedroom. Every time I woke up in the night I could see the moon, and thought of you and Harry, Ruth.

Having cozy porridge...

love you, girls
Old 10-11-2003, 11:11 AM   #4  
Work in Progress

Good Morning Ladies......Happy Saturday

In the land of Hollywood, I have to admit, we are spoiled. Last Thanksgiving I was able to serve Thanksgiving (and Christmas) dinners outside in the garden. Crisp, but lighting the Chimena (outdoor fireplace) it is amazing. I do however feel that I am missing out on the change of the seasons....it is very subtle here, but we do get some.

I have a big business meeting next weekend, it is very exciting new business venture that is very important to me. It is an idea that revolves around my two favorite things...my dog and traveling. I will talk more about it later, but I have a very big meeting in Santa Barbara the 17th/18/19. I am looking forward and I will get the chance to get away, but get to work as well....that actually really excites me.

We are currently being threatened with a supermaket strike here, so I am going to drag myself out later to the store and do some stocking up....

I will also work later....wishing everyone a wonderful, peaceful sourceful weekend....

rb
Old 10-11-2003, 01:33 PM   #5  
Member Florida Chick

We too had that big full 'harvest' moon here in Fl.
Rowan: I think there must be some similarities with CA. and Fl. We have sublte changes in the fall too. Some tree do drop their leaves and the rain trees are just beautiful.

Ruth: Butter tarts. mmmmm They make great ones ata the Bakery on Wolfe Island.Sticky buns too. And they make a great Red River Bread. We always traveled to Kingston via the ferry. a great trip on a pretty day.

We had a kick-off breakfast at church today for about 300 people as we begin a 40 Days of Purpose campaign. I only had eggs and sausage. They had grits and biscuits and sausage gravy and muffins and danish and bagels. But I am finding that those things just don't tempt me the way they used to. Yay!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, a great Thanksgiving over the border and we all stay focused on our WOE. Lizzie
Old 10-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #6  
Imagine...

Think I just broke the msn beach site...I posted a message & some pix then the msg. was gone and so was one of the pictures. Now it says unavailable...Good thing 3fc does a better job

Rowan ~ : on the meeting, what could be better than doing something you love

Lizzie~Being from Georgia I sure do miss grits & biscuits! Good job staying op.

Ellis~How elegant a chaise...thats what I need

Ruth~Stay strong...hugs
Old 10-11-2003, 02:48 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Lucy and I at the Mill

A pic from this morning's ramble
Old 10-11-2003, 06:24 PM   #8  

Oh, Ruth... you and Lucy are SO beautiful! I just love you to pieces.

Sflake, it just SOUNDS elegant, but as I'm brutally honest... (I knew that would fool some people) It's actually an ugly couch from the 60's with flip down arms. I ripped the back off of it, so it's just like a chaise now. Under one of our attic windows. It's heavenly. Well, it will LOOK heavenly when I eventually recover the disgusting, gold fabric.

Lizzie, darling, what the heck are grits? And what is SAUSAGE GRAVEY!?!? I want some!!

Rowan, California must be absolutely divine.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:28 PM   #9  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Good evening, beauties! I have been kind of AWOL the past couple of days! We had no internet connection at work last night, so I missed out on prime web time. My DD popped in unexpectly from school for the night, so we have been busy just hanging out all day. She just left a bit ago, so I'm back to the 'net!

Yesterday Joanne and Sil were talking about their Greek ancestry, and I had to jump in! My paternal grandfather was from Milos. He changed his name when he came to the US sometime in the early 1900's. My dad was very proud of his heritage so we grew up with a lot of Greek food and culture. They actually called my dad the "Golden Greek" because of his red hair!

Sflake-I think you only temporarily killed the Beach Beauty site...it seems okay now! There are even pics of you! The kitty is very cute...but I bet she knows that already! And you're not so bad yourself!

I have to suspend my sewing project to make a Halloween costume for DS...a headless horseman, if you can believe that! His idea, not mine. I just had to figure out how to do it. I'll post a pic when we get it done!

I had better go do something semi-constructive, eh? Then again, maybe not! Have a wonderful day!
Old 10-11-2003, 06:29 PM   #10  
Imagine...

Ellis dear, think porridge, but way better
Old 10-11-2003, 06:31 PM   #11  
Imagine...

Hi Franny we posted at the same time...headless horseman, how spooky!
Old 10-11-2003, 06:33 PM   #12  
Imagine...

Franny everything I try to do, it says unable to complete?
Old 10-11-2003, 08:05 PM   #13  
Member Florida Chick

Ellis: You cook and crumble bulk sausage, drain off the excess fat, and then make a cream gravy, with the browned drippings. Serve this over baking powder biscuits.Some people make the gravy with a lot of pepper in it. That is not for me. Now grits are sort of like cream of wheat, but are made with corn. You can have it with, butter, or syrup and I really like to have a poached egg in mine. And I'm not even a Southerner, except by adoption, since we moved here. It is all good, but definitely not OP.

When we went to Georgia on vacation we visited a grist mill, and I bought some all natural grits made from the complete corn kernel. It is certainly whole grain and I plan to have some one of these days, even if it is corn. Doesn't the book say 'whole grain'? Lizzie
Old 10-11-2003, 09:43 PM   #14  

I'm easily pleased, but it sounds really yummy, Lizzie.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:28 PM   #15  
In Control: E+R=O

Happy Weekend Beauties!! This week sure flew by!

Ruth, I'm so glad you're getting your much needed sleep at night. And I love your picture! It sounds like you are having a great day!

sflake, today was grocery shopping day for me too, and I'm with you, not my favorite chore to do! I thought I was the only one who broke web sites, glad to hear that others do that too!! I'm going to have to go over and check out your pictures.

Hi ellis! I have a chaise also, it's in my "library" (extra bedroom that I set up with book cases and my chaise). Unfortunately I don't spend as much time sitting in there reading as I would like, just have to start making the time I think!

Rowan, I can't wait to hear all about your business meeting!! My dream job would be doing something with dogs also, so I'm prepared to live vicariously though you if your new venture pans out.

Lizzie, good for you for eating so well at your church breakfast!!! Way to go girl!

Franny, how nice that you got to spend the day with your DD. How exactly do you make a headless horseman costume? I can't wait to see it, be sure to post a picture.
Closed Thread