Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 10:56 AM   #1  
Most boring housewife.

Default Cows in Denial...affirmations for the pasture

I am thin and gorgeous because I eat to fuel my body. Food is not a drug.

That's my affirmation for today.

I'm cleaning...here is what I'm doing now...

1. shift wash
2. unload dw
3. load dw
4. dust fr
5. dust lr

here's what I did last:
1. shift washdone
2. trashdone
3. vac back bath, hall, laundry, and family roomI just did the edges of the family room...I'll get the rest later.
4. dust family roomshift the wash again instead....
5 clean bathdone

Last edited by Lush; 10-10-2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:34 AM   #2  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yeahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! THAT is why I don't want to supply teach lush----i can't stand living in a tip hahahaha----since we are not talking about Points,I won't mention how much I am actually NOT minding it----It is shocking really.This is my FIFTH week!-------wabby is on to something.IT'S THANKSGIVING AND I HAVE SAVED ALL MY FLEX POINTS FOR A GIANT PIG FEST-----THAT IS WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT WW'S.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:27 PM   #3  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

what is a tip? How can I lurk if I had to wonder what you mean.

Yesterday was good. Sub teaching art classes. They drew, watched videos and were generally ok... so-so ... not too bad.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:38 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Rachel the british gal called her "dump" at "tip"-----i think it means a garbage dump!!ahahahahahah GO BOSOX!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2003, 04:25 PM   #5  
fatter than U

Yes, a tip is a garbage dump. Rachel always used to say that her flat was a tip. Now she has a new boyfriend and the cutie patootie is in school, I think. I wonder if she's still a messie?

My British friend calls garbage bags "bin liners",diapers "nappies", trucks "lorries" and all that kind of thing. Sometimes I have to stop and ask what the heck she's talking about.

Only a week until I leave. Still fat but no ones there's gonna care anyway and I'm sure I'll be bundled up in 3 sweaters on top of each other waiting for the next hurricane. Why couldn't my brother have moved to Tahiti? Or Florida, at least.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:14 PM   #6  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Re: Cows in Denial...affirmations for the pasture

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
I think it's denial, not point-of-view, Lushlard.
I think you're both right -- some people can't face the ugliness that is their families and some people are just happy people and don't find that problems bring them down. Personally I don't think there are any really "normal" families ala Donna Reed, but normal means that you have average run-of-the-mill problems. My childhood was not especially happy, mainly because I am not an especially happy person. My parents divorced when I was 4, my mom remarried the meanest man in the world (who I find pretty wonderful now), my brother was in trouble all the time so I felt I had to be perfect, I only saw my father once or twice a year. Life's a beach, eh? I'm fat because I eat too much and don't exercise enough. Blaming myself is the only sport I participate in and I want to be the best.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wabby
Maybe we could all go to Bagzie's for dinner, even though those Canadian's are all mixed up on the date. She has such festive displays, I'm sure her dinner would be yummy.

Oo, good idea, then we could go somewhere else for U.S. Thanksgiving. Who wants to cook? Lush likes a lot of company, I hear Wow, did someone really try to off you in high school, darling Lushie? You're so sweet and adorable, how could they?
Quote:
Originally posted by Lush
3. vac back bath, hall, laundry, and family roomI just did the edges of the family room...I'll get the rest later.

You can get to the edges of your family room to vacuum? I hate you.

Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
My British friend calls garbage bags "bin liners",diapers "nappies", trucks "lorries" and all that kind of thing. Sometimes I have to stop and ask what the heck she's talking about.

Only a week until I leave. Still fat but no ones there's gonna care anyway and I'm sure I'll be bundled up in 3 sweaters on top of each other waiting for the next hurricane. Why couldn't my brother have moved to Tahiti? Or Florida, at least.
I love Brit words for things. Maybe I'll start talking that way: then people can call me a pretentious fraud. By the way, the weather has been absolutely gorgeous this week in this part of the world, Sug. Don't know how it is a bit north, but if it's anything like this, your sweaters will stay in your suitcase! I don't suppose it will last, but it sure is nice now.

All I can do is respond to people's posts. I have nothing of my own to say. Except that I still have loads of tomatoes ripening in my tangle of a garden. I keep having to prune and prop and fuss with them to try to keep them off the ground, but they keep coming. I hope I at least get enough ripe at the same time to can them. I'm sure you all can just see me sweating over a hot stove canning tomatoes, wearing my
Chef Kathy apron, wiping that stray hair off my face with my oven-mitted hand.

Ta
Kiwi
Old 10-10-2003, 06:56 PM   #7  

Food is not a drug, but it's a wonderful comfort. Oooo. That's what got me in this predicament. I don't use the childhood stuff as an excuse to eat. Nobody has a perfect childhood. Just ask my kids, who I've warped as best I could. It's the adult emotional abuse by the parents that makes me crazy. But only if I let it. I haven't seen my Dad since May, and I'm feeling much better. Hmmmm. That was the month I started losing weight. Wonder if it's connected in some way?????

Sugar! have you made arrangements for posting while you're off gallavanting around Canada? I'm excited and you haven't even invited me along on the trip! How will you function without a spouse or babes hanging on you? Think how much they'll appreciate you when you get back home!

Kiwi, if you want to can tomatoes, next year plant a couple of the ones that are determinant. That means its a variety that all get ripe at the same time. Poor me. I didn't plant a single tomato plant this year.

DH actually asked me if I would either start taking his shirts in to the cleaners to be laundered and pressed, or if I would start ironing them. I told him the day that I was a stay at home housewife, I would be happy to. Until then, he'd better know his way around an ironing board. Does he realize what a miracle it is to have his underwear all clean and put away in his drawer??? Geeeeeez. I guess he figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

My friends little 5 yr. old granddaughter had a welsh accent last summer. She met a girl from Wales who was vacationing here, and within a week she had an accent. Cute. I don't know what that to do with anything, but it seemed to relate to the tip discussion.

Bagzie! week 5! you go girl!

I'm sure you're all off enjoying your weekend already - easy on the margies!
Old 10-10-2003, 10:14 PM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

I am so proud of Bagzie.

Everyone interested go to ds's website and look at his latest entry. www.tuahan.com. He's combining Shakespeare and ebonics.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:09 AM   #9  
Most boring housewife.

ach....it's 11 am and already I need a nap.

Wabby, isn't it a riot that people, meaning men, think it is still 1950?

Peaches I'm glay your "supply" teaching experience was good.

Kiwi, that happened in my early 20's.

Everyone is invited to my house for Thanksgiving. Peaches will bring the black-eyed peas.

Sugar, Rachel dumped her husband? They couldn't have been married that long.

Bagzie, I'm so proud of you. Points really do work, don't they? What are you doing for exercise?

I'm watching Holes but I should un-tip this place...day two of procrastination.
l
Old 10-11-2003, 12:51 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
He's combining Shakespeare and ebonics.
Okay, that made me HHS HHS.

I'm not sure Rachel was married to that guy at all.

Can I bring the green bean casserole? Sooner or later I'm bound to figure out how to make it taste good.

For those of you who voted for my friend's granddaughter, you will be pleased to know that she won the vote and performed beautifully at the contest. Her mother was not too happy to discover that J was the only white girl in the entire event and the people didn't really know what to do with her, but hey, talent is talent.

Kiwi
Old 10-11-2003, 01:30 PM   #11  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

[COLOR=orangered]Rachel wasn't married----as far as i remember she WAS married to some kind of preacher---i think i saw wedding pictures on her website----you mean she is now "living in sin" like all my Catholic relatives----when they fall,they fall hard!!!----AND------okay okay okay---we say 'supply teach' and you say 'substitute teach' and we say 'Grade Four' and you say 'Fourth Grade' and we say [COLOR=seagreen]to MAY to and you sayto MAH to--------------WHAT EVVA!!!!!!!!! OKAY NOW I HAVE TO GO AND MAKE TWO PUMPKIN PIES FOR THE COTTAGE DINNER TOMORROW----WISH ME LUCK!!!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 01:34 PM   #12  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

PEACHERS YOUR SON IS A GENIUS=-===NOT TO MENTION HI LARRY ***!!!!
Old 10-11-2003, 05:52 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

what is a cottage dinner? does it involve cottage cheese?
Old 10-11-2003, 06:40 PM   #14  

Default Don't have anything to say

I'm pooped and poopy again... probably because I slept all afternoon... though I did finish reading a book. Where DOES the time go. I wonder if this is what slugs feel like.

Not only do I not have much to say, I don't have much response. Hope all your tips become tip-top. Mine will just get hidden for a while longer.

Happy Thanksgiving for those of you who are doing it now.
Old 10-12-2003, 02:31 AM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hi girlies

I am avoiding going to bed, because I know that as soon as I hop in bed, it will be morning and I will be wakened by DH informing me that it is time to get up and I said I wanted to get going and we have to leave soon.

We're gonna to drive to the Big City in our yeehaw pickup truck n' go get us a peekneek table and geenormous table saw'r'sumsuch. Ar frens 'r given'm to us, so we gotta get down'ere and pickemup in ar bigole pickup truck. N'n we gotta go shop fer summadem nice Sundygotameetin pants fer DH cuz he gots him a job now 'n he cain't wear nem ole holy jeans no more.

'N' a digital cambra cuz I wants one.

You have y'all a good Canady Thanksgiving 'nall that.

Kiwi
Closed Thread