Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#424

thinthinker
10-10-2003, 11:26 AM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Terri in MO
10-10-2003, 11:32 AM
:o

Sorry, Thin, I didn't even pay attention that I was on page 2 and that a new thread was needed.

Thanks!

(Just passing through from the laundry to the upstairs working on bills). I think I'll iron a few shirts too.

bye!

peekabooangel
10-10-2003, 11:38 AM
:dizzy: OH NO!!!!!:?:

My post is back on the last thread......sorry. I hit reply and then I saw Thins post that we were to move on to the next one.....Please forgive me.

Love ya

katrinabgood
10-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Thin and Syn's words have lured me out of hiding. The poem was just what I needed Syn, thanks for sharing!

Thin, as always your no-nonsense "snap out of it" helped to bring things back into focus...there are only 44 days til Thanksgiving and the beginning of the onslaught of the holidays!!!!! ...ulp...you're right, time to get back into high gear and prepare.

I had to drop my car off this morning for a tune up. The nice fella offered me a ride home, but I opted for a walk...it was about 2 miles, took me 40 minutes. That gave me a chance to break in my new sneakers ~and~ time to think about what I need to do. I just need to keep doing what's best for me. I feel better, mentally and physically when I am eating right and exercising regularly. But I've come to realize that I do go through a slump every so many weeks...I'll have 3 good weeks of all out, gung ho effort, hit the PMS wall, take a week or two to recuperate from that and start the process all over again. Whatever good I had done, has been undone so round and round and round I go.....wheeeeee!

Perhaps by recognizing the pattern, I can shift my responses and reactions enough to change the course a bit. Worth a shot...as Tina has said many times, I'd rather fall down 100 times and get back up than fall down and stay down! Or something like that.

Sandy, have fun camping! I love camping in the Fall...I hope the weather is cooperative...it's been foggy as all get out around here the last few days!

Syn, I couldn't agree more about "putting your best face forward!" A little make up and something other than the usual jeans and Tshirt go a LONG way to improve feelings of self worth!

Barb...Bon voyage! When you get back, we'll plan our outing...right Michelle, Natalie???? The 25th?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I just heard the answering machine pick up a call from the hospital...they were wondering if I like to pick up any extra time this weekend....like I said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! perhaps when pigs fly.

My sister and I are heading down to Atlantic City on Sunday...girls only for an overnighter...:cp: Can't wait. Hope I hit the jackpot!

I'd better go...I'd like to make it look like I did something around here today, other than sleep. Hey I did walk! A little tidying, a load or two of laundry...he'll think I've been slaving away all day!

Have a great weekend my friends! Thanks for seeing me through another slump...nice to know that when I emerge from it, you guys are all still here, full of encouragement and love.

{{{hugs}}}

Grannie39074
10-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Hello ladies
I don't know where I am coming from these days food is terrible and dh and I fight about the smallest things.
I don't think i care any more.

This month is the first anniversary of my grandmothers death. Maybe thats it. I don't know. Maybe I am just tired of working too hard. I don't know.
Next week end is my trip to Little Rock for a genealogy conference. I am looking forward to getting away but I'm afraid dh and I will fight all weekend.

I know this post is all about me but I do love all of you and wish all of you the best.

I was off today. I slept for an extra hour then went into town to shop for our genealogy meeting tomorrow. October is Family History month so we are having a special program. I went out to lunch with a couple of friends from headquarters. We ate mexican.

Did I tell you I got a new hair cut last week it is cut short.

Well I've run my mouth long eenough. Don't know what we are having for dinner. I would love some fish but I don't know. I maay make the men eat leftovers.

MichelleK
10-10-2003, 08:03 PM
Yup Kat I'm ready for the 25th but my horriblescope said that someone was going to cancel on that day and I say it just betta not b U!

katrinabgood
10-11-2003, 10:41 AM
Not me, baby!

uh...horriblescope?

QueenB
10-11-2003, 12:58 PM
in so many ways.

Before you say, "Oh Lord.... Tina's gone bonkers" let me explain. I was really thinking about this last night and that's how I feel so much of the time.

When you look at a turtle, what do you really see? Do you ever wonder what's really inside there or do you just look at it's outward shell? I know that I personally have never really thought about it..... not until last night. All you really see about a turtle is the shell unless they are brave enough to pop their head out. Sometimes I feel like I have all these wants, desires and dreams but I am "trapped" inside this fat shell that won't let them get out.

Last night I went to a Travis Tritt concert, and don't get me wrong.....I had a really good time. NO ONE puts on a show like he does. Believe it or not, I do not even have the words to tell you how good it was. Me.... speechless? Yeah, it's true. Better write that one down in the record book.

But..... back to what I was saying. I kept looking around at all these women around me. Women in their cute clothes, with their cute bodies, laughing and dancing and doing what they felt was "natural" and not caring what a soul around them thought. Then, there's ME.....feeling clunky in her outfit.....wanting to be up dancing and singing along with everyone else, yet feeling so self-conscious and trapped by her "shell of fat" that the most I could muster up was a little bit of toe tapping. And all the while, being trapped in my "shell" there was this being......this being that longed to be those women..... the ones not uncomfortable with their bodies, the ones laughing and clapping and totally enjoying the experience.

I had to literally MAKE myself get up out of my seat and try to awkwardly move and sway to the music and horror of horrors..... actually leave my seat to move down to the front of the stage, feeling clunky and unatractive walking all the way down the isle.....but I did it.

What a view from the front! And no..... I'm not just talking about Travis. (although THAT view was mighty fine) I'm talking about the whole aspect of it. Right then and there.... standing underneath the lights and booming music amidst a crowd of strangers that all had one thing in common..... that's when I made up my mind. THAT second is when something broke inside of me and I'm not sure that I can go back and fix it and for once..... I don't want to.

Like a turtle..... losing this weight is slow. It cannot be done overnight. BUT.... from this day forward, I will NOT be held prisoner in this shell anymore. Will I still be self conscious about my weight? Yes, I will. But NOT forever. Will I still have to wear clothes that make me feel clunky instead of cute? Sure, but NOT forever. Will there still be times that I will try to blend in the background and not stand out? Yeah, maybe once or twice, but not every time.... because I'm just not satisfied with that anymore.

I WILL be the girl that wears cute clothes and has fun. I WILL be the girl that is comfortable with her body and doesn't care what others think. I will NOT be trapped in this shell of fat. I will start LIVING my life instead of standing by and watching everyone else around me.

Anyone want to join me?

katrinabgood
10-11-2003, 01:07 PM
As usual...you've said it all so well!

I'm with you, girlfriend!

qsilver
10-11-2003, 01:08 PM
Thanks, Tina :) I needed that.

Grannie39074
10-11-2003, 02:39 PM
I feel like I am being avoided. Am I?

MichelleK
10-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Nope not at all Mary!

Stepping Out
10-11-2003, 06:00 PM
WOW Tina! :cp: I don't know how many times I've felt like that-wanting to join in the fun, but sitting on the sidelines instead because I'm afraid to come out of this shell I've built. Afraid that I'll get criticized, or laughed at, or worse yet-IGNORED :( . I've lived in this mindset for so long; changing is going to be hard. All any of us can do is take it one day at a time. And by the way Tina, did I tell you what a beautiful woman you are? Don't be afraid to come out of that shell! :)

Mary: Don't let things get you down. I had one of "those days" yesterday. I was mad at my husband, my son, everybody and everything. Sometimes all that's needed is taking some time for YOU-taking a nap, reading a good book, checking in here at 3FC. I'm glad you've been checking in more often. I care about you! :D

Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!

P.S. Happy Thankgiving to our Canadian friends!:hat:

pjkdreamer
10-12-2003, 12:02 AM
Good Evening Girlies,

I am wiped out, been awake since yesterday am at 5:30!! this crazy work schedule, then I just stayed up last night when I got off at 10:30p, talked to Jane till 2 ish, then laid down for a bit, still awake at 3ish, got up, got dressed and went to visit a friend, then work at 6:30 till 2:30--so here I still am all these so many hours later....I am LOOPY! :dizzy: bring on the men in the straight jackets, yowzers!!!

Gotta go before i say something really off the wall, and you girls will forever "rib" me about it!:lol: Ahhhhh good old sleep deprivation..:D

Check in tomorrow gals!!! Stay strong:o

QueenB
10-12-2003, 01:31 AM
Guess who won the race?

I'll give you one guess......

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031012/capt.crb11410120333.nascar_charlotte_crb114.jpg

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031012/capt.ncrb10510120346.nascar_charlotte_ncrb105.jpg

katrinabgood
10-12-2003, 09:12 AM
Pam, your friends must keep crazy hours too, if you're off to visit one at 3 in the morning!

Tina...I give up...who won? :devil:

Mary...just seems like we're in a lull here...I often think, "Was it something I said?"

Joanne...I know where these words are coming from...
Afraid that I'll get criticized, or laughed at, or worse yet-IGNORED I felt that way for a long time. Somewhere along the way, I started to realize that people are going to laugh at or criticize other people for some reason, ANY reason, not just being fat...and why should I care what they say? Really...who are these strangers that we give so much power to????? SO WHAT if they laugh?? SO WHAT if they talk about you behind your back? Sticks and stones.... Take the power away from "them" and fill yourself up with the power to go out and enjoy your life. If you want to dance at a concert, you go right ahead...if you want to jump up and down at a football game, do it...don't hold back and wait until you're "the right weight..." Life should be lived now. And that doesn't apply to thin people only.

stepping down from the soapbox...

All righty then...I'm leaving you girls for a day. Last time I went anywhere on the weekend, all **** broke loose! Try to keep the peace, OK?

on the other hand...it has been too quiet lately..............

I'm kidding, I'm kidding!

Terri in MO
10-12-2003, 10:05 AM
Hi ladies,

Wow, it really has gotten quiet this weekend. I've been trying to get caught up on things around the house. Its been gloomy weather so I've had a sinus headache for two days and not felt really great. I've just been doing things I've been putting off for awhile. I am getting the living room put back together from when we had it painted. Part of my delay has been in that I had this "idea" to replace the round decorative table in the corner that I've had for years with various heights of little tables. Its not often that I get a decorating burst of creative thought. So of course, once I have one I haven't been able to find what I wanted. I finally found some wrought iron woven top tables at Gordman's in four different sizes. I brought all my lamps together in this corner with five of these tables and I really love the effect. I'm really kind of surprised it actually looks good. :lol: I've done some preparation for finally getting started on painting the last bathroom and just messing around the house. It seems like every time I take off and have plans of massive productivity, the weather is gloomy and so I am.

I have to admit, I'm having a bad food time this weekend. Seems like I'm starved and hungry all day long. I'm also having some enthusiasm waning because I'm at a stuck point again. Which is really aggravating me because time is slipping away and I'm not getting closer to my goal for the year. A little voice is trying to encourage me to throw in the towel. But I'm trying to get a bigger voice to say NO and stay focused for more than 4 days in a row.

Oops, I've got to go get DH up and get ready for church. I'll be back this afternoon.

pjkdreamer
10-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Gals.

Mary, I love you! :D I hope today is a better day for you.

I am sorry for the short post but it is 10:00a, and I have to leave for work in about 45 mins, still just sitting here in my bloomers!:lol: :lol:

later girlies! :wave:

thinthinker
10-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Hi, ya'll! :wave: The weather has been so nice around here it's almost scary! :D I'm leaving on Tuesday morning for Shipshewana, IN to go to the flea market. I'm having anxiety attacks over it on several levels. #1 I'm not sure I'll be able to walk that much. #2 We're going with some friends and they are not always the most positive people to be around. (some of you may remember the week from **** up at their lodge in the woods from last summer. Too much drama!) and #3 Even though the weather has been so great this past week, they're predicting rain for Tuesday through Thursday! :eek: Oh well, I guess we'll make the most of it. I think I would have rather gone away just honey and me, but no, I have to go and open my big mouth! ;) You girls know how that is! :lol:

I would really like to get out in the garden and do some clean-up today. We'll have to see what happens. I'm a "showgirl" later this afternoon and I have color on my hair right now, so like I said, "we'll see".

Terri: Ya know, I knew you guys used to be into RV rentals. I'm telling you, my brain just hasn't been working too well lately. :( Your new decorator touches sound great. I never have any creativity!

Katrina: Good for you, choosing to walk home from the auto shop. Boy, if we could all make those great choices! He!!, if I could walk two miles, I'd be in heaven.

Sandy: Hope you're enjoying your camping weekend. If the weather is half as nice by you as it is here, I'm sure you're having a great time.

Mary: Oh, honey, no one is ignoring you! [[[hugs]]] I sure hope you're out of your funk by now. I don't like the sound of "I don't think I care anymore." You seem to be soooo stressed as of late. With not having enough help at the library, to your son and his troubles, your brother and his stuff AND the anniversary of your grandma's death. We all know how close you were to her. I get funky around the time my aunt passed too. She was an intrigal part of my life. It's so hard to let go. Know that we love you and care about you and what's going on in your life. * Do you like your new 'do'? In the pics I have of you, your hair was pretty short.

Michelle: You just pop in and out. Hope you're doing ok.

Tina: I like the turtle analogy. That really about sums it up. I think we all try to hide in the shadows somehow when we're heavy. I know I don't go ALL OUT at this size. I think we have to learn to accept ourselves and get on with the joy of LIVING, and not wait until............(you fill in the blanks) After all, we might wait too long.

Andria: Did you get your article finished up? Where can we go to read it????

Homebound/Joanne: Good to see you checking in more often.

Pam: Oh my gosh, you are keeping a crazy schedule. But more importantly, who the heck do you find to visit at 3:00 in the morning. YIKES!

2cute: Where are you, girlfriend??? Garage saleing again??? Hope you're having a good weekend.

Well, girls, I think I'm going to go wash out this color before my hair falls out. Do you think an hour is too long to leave it in???? :lol: See you all later.

MichelleK
10-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Thin I'm hanging in there! I have been trying to do housework, laundry, studying, playing with my boy, potty training...uggghh!!!

John and I had a talk and worked some stuff out...things are looking better for now...I still just have that little hang up I can't get over! But life goes on!!

Gotta pop off here again...I have to study for an exam I have to take online by midnight tonight. Figured while the boy is napping I can get some studying in!

TTFN Love you guys!! Michelle

qsilver
10-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Hey everyone :)

This last week was just plain old busy. Thing is, I read what all the rest of you are doing, and I just seem like a whiner in comparison. Do you chicks have more hours in your day than I do?

We got our BMX track grand opening finished, and it was a blast. There weren't nearly as many riders as we had planned for, but there was a lot of support from the town, and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I am so glad that part is over. I was in charge of a lot of the setup details as well as the food, and it really wore me out.

I also finished the catering article and the wish list one and had them both in by deadline. The wish list was such a blast to write! Thin asked about where to read them, but I don't know if they will make it to the online version or not. They just barely started up the online magazine, and they only put a couple of articles on it each month because they actually want people to subscribe. Imagine that... ;)

Even though I'm relieved to have this all behind me, I'm feeling kind of in a blue funk now. My food isn't all that great, and my exercise is pretty minimal. I think I need a good walk, some time to enjoy the sunshine and some real rest. Maybe I'll dovetail a couple of tasks and drive some catalogues out to one of my hostesses instead of mailing them to her. The drive would be nice today. Actually, that idea is sounding better and better by the minute. I need to do something active instead of curling up in bed in the fetal position.

Take care all, and enjoy your Sunday. The weather here is so perfect and finally sticking to the 80's. I'd be a fool to stay inside!

Andria

j-ann
10-12-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi :wave:,

I'm bad, I've been stopping in to catch up but haven't made the time to post. :(

It's been a pretty good week food wise. I'm off work this week. It's supposed to rain a lot so I'll have lots of time to catch up on paperwork and maybe even read. I put down The Fiery Cross by Dianna Gabaldon ages ago and now have to start it all over. It's probably 600 or 700 pages and I'm determined to get it read over the next few weeks.

It's a beautiful, sunny day and the house is covered with Lady Bugs in migration.

MARY: I've been thinking about you. Hope things are improving on the home front for you.

MICHELLE: Good luck on the exam.

THIN: I remember "that" camping trip. Good luck, hold your temper, and enjoy the flea markets!

TERRI: The living room sounds wonderful. :) How about stashing some apples in a basket and munching on them. They're filling and tasty. mmmmmgood.

TINA: I only get one guess??? AJ Foyt?
BTW ... Woman you ain't no turtle .... You are the Bunny in those battery commercials!!!! :D

JOANNE: Don't get me going on "I'm fat. I Can't." I try to always say "You can! Just do it!!!!!" unless, of course, It's hiking ... and that's a matter of health, not just fat. But I will get healthier and I WILL hike.;)

PAM: Dear heart, Go To Bed!!! :lol:

Enough for now. The dryer is shouting my name.

thinthinker
10-12-2003, 11:39 PM
Aruggg...I gained 5 pounds last week....some of that has to be water retention....because I haven't seen my new MD here to get my Blood Pressure/fluid pill script renewed....

I haven't been at all good this past week either, one thing for sure is that the scales don't lie....

I haven't had a chance to read the last day or two of posts..but will soon...Until then,

~Syn~

pjkdreamer
10-13-2003, 01:37 AM
Good Evening Girls,

Going to bed now, not pulling another all nighter..I slept good last night though wow! didnt even get up to go to the bathroom! and that in and of itself is a feat!!:dizzy:

The friend I went to see at 3 am is a night owl, and works 3rd shifts quite a bit so, we had a great visit, had a heart to heart talk, it was wonderful.

Well girls, I did read all of your posts, but cant do the individual reply thing, I am fading fast! :faint:

Did want to say: THAT TONY IS A CUTE ONE! RATHER DELICIOUS LOOKING! :lol: :lol:

On that note, see ya gals!

Grannie39074
10-13-2003, 08:24 AM
I'm here

peekabooangel
10-13-2003, 08:43 AM
We had a great time camping. We got back lastnight about 8:00 in the pouring pouring RAIN!!!! Actually, it started raining at about 2:00 in the afternoon, so the weekend weather was still pretty good. Warm days, but chilly nights. We were in camps so it was not bad. In the summer this place is run as a summer camp for kids, so its a nice place with a central cabin with a huge kitchen and fireplace, then about 15 cabins that sleep 10 people each then lots of other cabins that were locked up for the year. On a wonderful pond, I will post a pic. My family was in one cabin, and so on. Hubby did have to unscrew one of the beds from the floor to push it together to make us a bid bed to sleep in. There was no way in heck the two of us were sleeping in a twin or less size bed. Good thing he put them together because Alexis decided she needed to crawl on in with mommy and daddy. She has had a bad cough (cold) so she needed to be comforted.

Well Today consists of cleaning this house up, getting some grocerys and doing all the laundry that goes with camping:dizzy: .

Will check back later and do replies.

peekabooangel
10-13-2003, 08:45 AM
This does not happen often......but what a thought

Terri in MO
10-13-2003, 09:07 AM
Good morning ladies!

Ugh, its off to work soon. Now that the weekend is over, the sun is going to shine for five straight days.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day. After church,the dog and I spent some time out in the backyard. I read a magazine for awhile and then did some poop scoopin' (always a joy) and then finished up some bill work.

Food was definitely better yesterday. I'm getting very frustrated at not being able to get beyond the 250 point. I did read something in Good Housekeeping that Dr. Phil said - if you're weighing and measuring your food all the time, you're always thinking about food. I have to admit that when we do have to journal and make sure about our portion sizes, it does feel like trading one obsession for food for another. And it gets tiring. But we have to journal and pay attention to portion sizes. I need to really look at what's going on because this is not working.

Well, maybe the whineness is from having a sinus headache for four days in a row. So, I'll get out of here until I feel better.

Have a great day ladies!

Terri in MO
10-13-2003, 09:08 AM
P.S.

Sandy - I loved your pics! What beautiful camping country. Your kids are adorable. :D

QueenB
10-13-2003, 10:50 AM
Thanks for posting pics of the kiddies Sandy.... they are adorable, just like their Mom! :D

I have to go WI later this evening, so keep your fingers crossed for me. :crossed:

I'm trying to get into that "it doesn't matter what the scale says" type of thinking, but even as much as I preach it to others, and please don't stone me for saying this, but what the scale says IS important.

I mean, think about it....... It may not matter that we are wearing smaller clothes, fitting into things better or feeling better, we want to see those numbers move, darn it!!! :censored:

I hate the obsession with the scale, but the truth of the matter is, it is always going to be there. I think what we have to do though, is not let it be the "be all...end all". Sometimes it doesn't seem to matter that we KNOW we're losing weight, if the scale doesn't say what we want it to, then we're failures and that's simply not true.

A failure doesn't try. WE are TRYING. I'd rather die trying than to just quit.

Anways, that is my motivational speech for the day. I'm feeling quite empowered today and almost like that pink energizer bunny. Thank you J-ann.

I'd also like to thank each one of you here for that empowerment. Sure, none of you are standing beside me watching what I put in my mouth every day, you may not be walking beside me as I do my WATP.....but you ARE here with me.....inside my heart and head. Everytime I read your posts or get a sweet card or gift in the mail........you are with me. In so many ways, you are the best friends I've never had.

I hope I am always a friend to you.

I love you all. :love:

justme2338
10-13-2003, 12:04 PM
Stop do not post here Go to 300+ ready to try again #425 and join the saga!

qsilver
10-13-2003, 12:58 PM
Hey everyone :)

Sandy, those are two beautiful children! The campground looked absolutely beautiful as well. All that color :) It makes me miss the years I worked up at a ski resort. Leaves are beginning to think of changing colors here, but they aren't getting serious yet. We can still catch color if we go for a drive up the canyon, though.

Tina, evening WI's? ugh! You are a far more brave woman than I am. I wear shoes to mine and all, but I wear the same workout clothes, wait until my hair is completely dry from the shower and never, ever without a potty stop first! I'm getting better about worrying over a couple ounces of water and a snack first thing, though. It isn't worth the blood sugar crash if I don't. And I wish I was totally out of the backwards scale thinking. I know my body is much smaller, but I do so want to be under the 300 mark!

Terri, plateau land is such a frustrating thing. I can understand the point Dr. Phil is making about trading one obsession for another with journaling our foods and all, but isn't it a healthier one? Journaling, to me, is taking responsibility for our health and what we are putting into our bodies. And a strict journal can tell you if you are honestly on a plateau and need to wait it through, or if you have been secretly cheating yourself out of making it to the next milestone. If you are at a plateau, your body needs you to wait it out while it catches up.

Pam, I'm so glad you got a good night's sleep. I've been a bit worried about you and all the hours you are putting in. *hugs* Besides, I'm selfish and miss your posts. :)

Syn, this is a boot to your butt. Get to the doctor for your blood pressure meds!

J-ann, sounds like you have a good week planned. Reading a good book while it rains outside your window... yes, that was a wistful sigh you heard all the way from Southern Utah!

Thin, thanks for forwarding Syn's post. :)

Mary, I'm having massive guilt for not being able to make chats! I'm 2 hours off eastern time, so those are during busy time in our house. I'll try really hard to make it to one this week. Your posts sound so lonely. :(

Ok, I'm going to go do some straightening up around this place and then find something fun to do for a couple of hours. I have the day off from one of my jobs, and I am reveling in the quiet of this house!

Andria