Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 08:16 PM   #1  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Thumbs up Nasty habbit

ok i got this really nasty habbit of snacking late at night. mayb have some cheese or some raw eggs. anything protein based cos i find that if i don't i am really sore in the morning. but i just realised my eye is roaming to the nasties section crisps *potato chips* anything of the non healthy variety. help.
Old 10-09-2003, 08:28 PM   #2  

First thing... raw eggs? EWWWW!

Second.. I think it's okay to splurge once and a while... denying yourself chips (or something else you crave for that matter) might only make you want it even more and then lead you to binge at some later point which is only going to serve to make you all that more disappointed than wanting a few chips now and again. Maybe don't get a family size bag, but an individual... that way once it's gone, there's no more around to taunt you and make you want to eat them.

You can allow yourself these special snacks here and there; the whole is to just not overdo it... and to know that. Easier said than done, I know!
Old 10-09-2003, 08:30 PM   #3  
Searching

If your working out reguraly you should eat when your body needs it. Instead of just eating protein why not balance it? Eg. 1/2 cup of oatmeal and some egg whites or how about some cheese and apple? Just a suggestion.

Miss Chris
Old 10-09-2003, 09:25 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

yeah.. what chris said. try a small bag of chips. you can have SOME of anything, just not a WHOLE LOT of it.
Old 10-09-2003, 10:02 PM   #5  
missaprylj

Yep. You *may* not be eating enough during the day if you're starved by bedtime. Just a thought. (Second thought... RAW eggs? Explain. ) -Apryl

Old 10-10-2003, 09:32 AM   #6  

I agree Raw Eggs????? lol I couldn't do that lol.

But it all sounds like good advice. If you crave it, let yourself have just a little before the cravings cause a binge.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:51 AM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I agree about making nothing off limits. I absolutely LOVE these chocolate chip danishes from our local grocery store. I know it can't be an every day thing. I've decided that on the 1st Sunday of every month, I get to have a chocolate chip danish for breakfast. That way when I crave it, I know that soon, I will get to have one. But I am going to limit it to 1 and not my usual 2.
Old 10-11-2003, 06:33 AM   #8  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default raw eggs mmmmmmmm

well the idea behind it is that it is pure protien in its natural unchanged state. when you head protein it denatures in shape and makes it alot harder for the body to accept. and i don't eat chocolate. i gave it up last new years eve. and now i don't crave it at all. infact if i look at it or smell it now i screw my face up and look away i just has no appeal to me at all.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:30 AM   #9  

Oh Si, how I wish I could not like chocolate!!! My problems would be greatly diminished if chocolate didn't call to me all the time!!

I know I've been craving protein a lot more lately too. I know when I get home from my work out each morning, I'm really craving protein like crazy.

Unfortunately, it's those mid-afternoon and late night cravings that are the bad ones. Those are the chocolate ones and I try very hard not to give in to those!!
Old 10-12-2003, 12:55 PM   #10  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

When I get a protein craving (often in the evenings after my workout), I drink skim milk, or have a couple spoonsful of lowfat cottage cheese. That usually does it for me. Other high-protein snacks include hard-cooked eggs, beef jerky, or a teaspoon of peanut butter, lovingly savored and eaten mindfully (yum!).
Closed Thread