Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 10:40 AM   #1  

Default I am anxious

OKAY, I know this is silly, I know this is too soon, but I AM GETTING anxious. I had my consult on Friday, Oct 3, 2003. I know there sometimes is trouble with Dr's forgetting to send the letter to the insurance and that insurance companies sometimes "misplace" letters, so when can I legitimately start calling without looking and feeling like a dork?

Also I told my PCP yesterday that I had a consult, remember this is the PCP that wasn't supportive earlier. well he said yes that probably is a good long term solution, but where did you go, and he got upset, because he wants me to go somewhere they do lots and lots of surgeries because he doesn't want to "lose" me (isn't that sweet!) I think I am feeling pretty confident about my choice, but now I feel like I should call and see how many surgeries this surgeon does per month. I already know he hasn't lost anyone, but........

I need to know what to plan for, in my job they stop giving you intakes if you are going to be gone, so nothing comes due while you are gone, and I need to know so I can plan. am i just being too controlling. I know some people have to wait months for just a consult, so I shouldn't be so anxious now--but I am pretty sure I am ready now.

I wish we could put music to our posts, mine would be playing pressure right now.
Old 10-09-2003, 05:33 PM   #2  

Buffy

does your drs office have a certain person who is in charge of filing the ins letter i would get their name and contact her or him

my dr's office had a great lady filing letters with ins once everything had been compliled and sent she told me that usually in 72 hours they would have an answer and don't be afraid to ask her if and when was it sent off
your whole life is on hold waiting i know i have been there
well to make a long story short 72 hrs came and went no word
i made an excuse to visit the office and just so happen i ran into her (lucky her b/c i would have tracked her down lol) this was after one week and a half we went to her office and she placed call they told her that the letter was still being reviewed she sent me home with a number to call myself to check with ins
when i got home from her office she left a message for me and i returned her call to find out they called her back and i was approved what a happy ending if they refuse your doctor should be able to answer any wrong info for you to have it reviewed
remember let them handle it they have a lot of experience
boy i always go on and on and on
sorry
later
BevMel
Closed Thread