Carb Counters - Curves???

View Full Version : Curves???

barbmarie
10-09-2003, 06:04 AM
There is a Curves for Women down the street from me, less than 1/2 mile. Do any of you go? I am thinking about going and taking a look. How much does it cost? Do you have to do their diet plan? Thanks in advance,,,
Barb

angel-eyes
10-09-2003, 09:10 AM
Hi Barbmarie. I can only tell you secondhand about it. A friend of mine (thru this site) used to go and if I remember correctly it was about $40 a month to join. The problem with her membership was that you had to join for 1 yr and then when a financial hardship came along, she couldn't get out of the contract. So if you do go and join, read the fine print. The other thing I have to offer is see if they will give you a free visit. The commercials could be hyped up abit and I would also ask if they have a personal trainer for you (and how many times can you get a new program)or do you get a 'standard' program. oh...also check to see if the hours are flexible for your schedule. good luck!!

Froufy
10-09-2003, 10:55 AM
I've heard good things about Curves...and there is one down the road from me as well. I have yet to really investigate, but I think the hours are a bit restrictive for me as I work full time. I think our local one closes at 7 pm...and is only open on weekends from 8-12 on Saturdays.

Still I heard it is a great 30 minute workout that gets results. I may wait til the New Year to get more details.

Froufy

Leenie
10-09-2003, 11:00 AM
I've heard both negative and good things about curves.

It just depends if its right for you! Some people feel they don't get a good work out and then others just love it. My sister is considering going.

I'm sure they could give you one free class or at least show you around so that you can see whats going on. I would go this route first.

Good luck :D

Kim in NJ
10-09-2003, 01:18 PM
I have about 8 friends who go to different locations. They all like it that it keeps them invloved in a program, and all have seen good results in inches lost.

The only bad point is that "3" of those 8 are now in physical therapy for a variety of reasons but all stemming from the machines. One hurt her rotator cuff?, and the other 2 have troubles with their legs. All three of these women were about 220 lbs when they joined and I just think they tried too much too soon after being sedentary. The thinner, more active crowd seems to do well.

barbmarie
10-10-2003, 03:53 AM
I think I'll stick with my little home routine for now. Thanks all.