Carb Counters - Had a lousy day yesterday...

View Full Version : Had a lousy day yesterday...

StorybookMama
10-07-2003, 12:07 PM
I was gone all day, had forgotten to really plan for lunch (had a good breakfast) and didn't drink enough water. By the time I got home, I had a raging headache from dehydration and was starving.

Dh went to Taco Bell... and I got 6 crunch tacos which consisted of just beef and cheese (no lettuce - but I avoid lettuce from fast food restaurants) and I scraped out each taco and ate the meat with some sour cream and avocado. It was good - and not a bad fast food alternative.

The down side is that I wasn't able to get much done for today's meals.... so I have a Diet Rite for breakfast and am hoping to get some roast beef off the sandwich cart before 9.

*sigh* It's all about planning ahead!!

Froufy
10-07-2003, 12:27 PM
Do you have access to a fridge at work? If so, just try and keep some extras in there for emergency purposes: hb eggs, sliced turkey or other lc meats, cheese sticks or slices, lc salad dressing and some sf splenda soft drinks.

I try and stock up the fridge here at work, maybe once a week to make sure i have something to nibble should the need arise. Also keep a one ounce container of sunflower seeds in my desk (I am post induction) if getting very hungry.

Good luck and I hope you can find enough atkins friendly food to keep you satisfied.

Froufy

d_rowland
10-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Another Taco Bell fan!!! I order and dump everything out of the shells and eat it with a fork :) Trying hard to stay on induction for 2 weeks, so I'm going to try and stay away.

I find that keeping things on hand prepared too is the key. Last night, I baked 3# of checken breasts and have them in the fridge at home. I'm trying to pack my lunch or go home every day, that really helps too. Brought some pepperoni back for my afternoon snack IF I need it.

LittleFreedom
10-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Hey Storybook, don’t let it get you down, it didn’t sound as if you did anything against the “rules”! I am learning some days are MUCH better than others and YES, you are sooooo right about the planning, I didn’t plan last night and ended up opening the refrigerator staring at all the “forbidden” foods! I had plenty of good choices, I just didn’t plan anything – so they were all blocked out by the frozen pizzas, ice cream, and cereals!!!! LOL!!