South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 02:09 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Boot Camp Challenge Day 41-Weekend Woes?

Yup, it's time to face the music troops! Looks like quite a few of us are having problems staying on plan over the weekends! I sure am.

So, what exactly is our problem? Or is it a combination of factors?
Time to share your weekend woes...exactly what challenges are you facing on the weekends? What is causing you the biggest problem? What would you like to change?

For me the biggest problem is lack of structured meals and mealtimes. During the week I have my routine down pat. I make a smoothie to take to work (a kind of late breakfast), take a healthy dinner to eat at around 1am, then a snack to have after I work out. Then I have eggs or whole grain cereal before I go to bed in the morning. Works for me! But the weekend comes and I skip breakfast, or maybe have a late one. Then I skip lunch or just grab a snack. I eat dinner but usually much too late. Then I don't sleep well. So I'm up at all hours trolling for something to eat. And I tend not to be real choosy at 3am! This past weekend I ate a little bag of mini donut holes left over from soccer snacks! Okay, I obviously need some structure.

Another problem I have is the sense that I deserve a "reward" for getting through another week unscathed! This is an old habit that dates back to when I first started working nights and I would bring home donuts or sweetrolls on weekend mornings. I am getting better about this, but it is tough going. Last weekend I did bring 2 donuts home for my DH & DS, and no sweets for me. I didn't get the Starbuck's white chocolate mocha but got a nonfat decaf cappuchino, no whipped cream and added SF vanilla syrup at home. So that was pretty successful, really.

So that's my sad weekend tale of woe! I just feel as if I am not as in control on the weekends and I don't much like the feeling.

What's your story? How do your weekends differ from weekdays? What would you like to change? Let's hear it!

Group Activity for Week of 10/5-755 minutes!

Wow, we did great yesterday! I am really impressed with all the activity you guys are racking up!

Leslie-Where are you? Business or pleasure? Having fun? Tired of my stupid questions?

Sue-You are hearby awarded the Clutter Free Treadmill Badge of Honor for heroically cleaning off your treadmill! Now you just have to put it to good use! Start small...just 10 minutes?

Julie-You are in a great position to try a gym! You have a group of people you know who asked you to join them, so you won't be alone. You even know the trainer...a huge plus! You might feel self conscious at first but I doubt that will last long. Just be proud that you are doing something so good for yourself!

Okay, so think about your weekends and report back here! Tomorrow we'll look at some solutions to our weekend woes.

Last edited by frannymae; 10-07-2003 at 02:14 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:40 AM   #2  
Imagine...

My problem: absolutely lack of structure. No set routine That's why I am trying to do better during the week so if something gets missed...oh well.

Ahem..exercise for today 20 minutes WATP video BEFORE work! and prolly a 40 minute walk tonight.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:52 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

I don't really have a weekend problem. I just have an afternoon/evening problem. What I'm looking for is a twelve hour day.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:51 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Weekends are the same for me - I'm either on programme or off programme. Guess which one lately? No prizes for the right answer!
Old 10-07-2003, 10:10 AM   #5  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Sarge Franny !

I took in a 45 minute walk today...quite brisk, and felt good!

As far as weekends go, they are pretty much the same for me.

DH is eating pretty much what I cook or put before him.

However, my problem is when we eat out.....which we seem to

be doing more of lately. Eating out is pretty standard fare for

at least one meal on Saturday and Sunday. This many times

presents a problem.

I do make wise choices, and am able to successfully omit

any breads, or sweets. I try to stick to skinless chicken breast,

or broiled fish, and lots of veggies. However, you never really

know what they put into the foods during preparation and

cooking.....right????

So that's sort of my dilema. I do know one thing. I am

doing so much better on the choices I make now compared to

pre-SBD !
Have a good one!
~Sharon
Old 10-07-2003, 10:25 AM   #6  
In Control: E+R=O

I don't always have a problem on weekends....it depends on how busy I am and what I've got going on. If I'm busy running errands or have plans, I generally don't have any problems staying OP for the most part. It's when I'm at home with nothing to do, and no structure to my day, that my good eating habits tend to fall by the wayside.....I find then that I just want to SNACK all day! So I guess for me, I'd have to say lack of structure and maybe boredom or lack of scheduled activities are my biggest downfalls.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:43 AM   #7  
Member Florida Chick

Pvt. Lizzie reporting: Logged in a 25 min. walk this a.m.

Weekends for me are about the same. We do always eat out on Sunday, after church, but we have now been going to places where we know we can order OP. We have a buffet near us, where we can get salad, lots of veggies, and a variety of meats. and they even have SF jello or pudding.

I sort of think that the lack of structure on the week-ends is the big culprit. Also believe that when working all week, we look forward to the weekend as a free time, with no restrictions, so that tends to carry over into our eating habits too. I know I used to feel that way. Sunday especially was a free day to eat and do whatever I wanted. Is it possible that each person, knowing their general week-end problem can address a change of thinking - do a little careful planning, so that the week-end can be 'me' time but just not in the food department? I sort of gleaned some of this from watching Dr. Phil as he keeps telling us that changes have to come from the inside out. Just a few thoughts.

Have a great day. Lizzie
Old 10-07-2003, 12:23 PM   #8  

Hi ladies ...
Didn't have time to post yesterday and barely time right now, so ... exercise time for yesterday ... 100 minutes cardio, 20 minutes weights.

My weekends lack structure as well and I have a hard time staying op and drinking water ... I start drinking water as soon as I remember but sometimes that is late in the day. This weekend I'm going to try and stay on my regular water schedule ... two 24 oz bottles in the morning, two in the afternoon and two in the evening ...

Ruth sweetie, don't worry ... you'll get back on track!!!

Bye for now ...
Old 10-07-2003, 06:51 PM   #9  

I seem to have the "reward for a good week" syndrome that you mention, Frannymae. My last 2 weeks have NOT been good . . . The good thing is, I started back again yesterday!

I exercised 20 minutes on Sunday and 10 minutes yesterday. I know this is last week, but I got about 30 minutes of walking on Saturday.

Tricia
Old 10-07-2003, 08:09 PM   #10  

Hello all, I work every other weekend and do have a problem on my days off. i think you are right about the lack of structure. I am now trying to find more productive use of my time. And when the cookies call my I run either to another floor or right out of the door. Well I went to the gym and put in an hour. A lot of whining and groaning but it was actually fun. Yes it's a lot of college kids but 1 sweet girl was very encouraging. Think I'll go again tomorrow..... Julie
Old 10-07-2003, 08:40 PM   #11  
In Control: E+R=O

Reporting my exercise for the day....30 minutes of walking.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/166/158

Height: 5'6"

Julie - WAY TO GO! The first step is the hardest! I'm glad you went and enjoyed it! Keep up the good work.

OK, 2.5 minutes on the stepper (I HAD to do something while waiting for the elliptical!), 35 minutes elliptical.

Frannie-I'm away on business. I'll be absorbing some much needed tech-geek info this week! And I want everyone to know that I actually turned down a delectible piece of tiramisu today at my luncheon. It wasn't easy... I wanted to run back to the table and take about 5 pieces since I LOVE tiramisu... but I didn't give in to temptation!

Weekends... ugh. What a nightmare. I have definite problems with lack of structure. I never seem to get enough water, either. The only saving grace is that DH is a devoted gym rat so if he goes, I go. I know I won't get away with as much 'cheating' when I get closer to goal, but for right now I am still losing and feeling good so I won't beat myself up too much at this point.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:19 PM   #13  
Fighter

First, I just want to say hello to everyone, I hope you're all having a fabulous week! I'm a stay at home mom, so I really don't know why I have trouble staying on plan on weekends. I eat the right foods, but I don't drink as much water (if any) or exercise. I think it's because hubby is home, and I don't get bored enough to exercise -- plus I don't like working out while he's home. I know, it's weird. We're usually going somewhere or doing something, so I forget all about the water... I just decided that as long as I eat right, I can cut myself some slack about the exercise and keep working on the water. :-D Oh, and I just did my 30 min workout video... good night!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:41 AM   #14  

Height: 5'-2"

Harmony, I am the EXACT same way! I HATE exercising when my DH is home. It's as though I like to "surprise him" and already have it done when he gets home. If he suggests I exercise while he's home, I feel like telling him to bugger off.
Congrats on the workout video!
Old 10-08-2003, 08:59 AM   #15  
Imagine...

Same for me ....I vant to be alone!
Closed Thread