Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 02:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default OT: Good movies/DVDs/videos?

I don't watch movies a whole lot, but I was looking forward to watching Real Women Have Curves on HBO. What a great movie! It was so incredible to see a teenager who liked herself and her body. Okay, she was kind of a brat sometimes, but what teenager isn't (except our Apryl, of course!)? Very fun movie--and when they spoke Spanish (it was a Latino family), they had subtitles.

We also rented Bend It Like Beckham, which, although they were speaking English (it's set in England), could have used subtitles. Of course, I watch The Sopranos and sometimes I could use subtitles there, too. Anyway, Bend It Like Beckham was a great story, also.

My DD and I went to see Under the Tuscan Sun. It was so-so. I like Diane Lane, and the scenery was pretty, the premise good, but I was kind of bored, and I get uncomfortable in theater seats so maybe that had something to do with it. They did show a couple of previews that looked good. One was Calendar Girls, which is about a group of middle-aged women (has Helen Mirren in it) who decide to raise money posing nude for a calendar. I hope the actual movie is as good as the trailer.

Has anyone else seen a good movie recently? Now that summer activities are coming to an end (except for those of you in sunny CA or FL!), watching a good movie inside sounds pretty good.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:19 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I like Arsty Fartsy films, so I've been watching:

The Three Colors Trilogy
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...54240?v=glance

Citizen Caine

Bubba Ho-Tep (in theatres now)

And a bunch of shorts on http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/home/
Old 10-06-2003, 08:51 PM   #3  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I watched Dirty Dancing for the first time ever on Friday and I loved it! I'm a sap for really good love stories though lol.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:56 PM   #4  
~ Berry Happy ~

I am TOTALLY into comedies. We recently bought the "Anger Management" DVD.

I NEVER wanted to see this movie, but I am glad I did. I don't think there is a dull moment in this movie. Jack Nicholson, and Adam Sandler are a GREAT match. Even the ending was pretty good. A lot of movies have dull, or stupid endings, but this one was quite interesting! I was laughing just about through the whole movie!

Another good movie is "The Hot Chick". I don't think most adults would like this movie, as it is based on teenagers, and high school, but it is worth taking a peek, because Rob Schneider is a VERY talented comedian, and his facial experessions had me laughing through the whole movie. The basis of the movie is a little silly, but I keep watching it, over and over again.

Another movie that I particuarly like is "The Other Sister". Juliette Lewis is a wonderful actress, and plays the part of a mentally handicapped girl, who falls in love with a mentally handicapped boy from her school. This movie always makes me smile, and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. It's very cute.

I recently saw "Real Women Have Curves" and though it was a cute movie, it left me feeling somewhat bored. There wasn't a whole lot of excitement, and a few parts left me asking questions. It was nice that the girl had a positive attitute about her body, but in the real world, most teenage girls don't think like that, unfortunatly. But I'd recommend watching it once. There are a few funny parts.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:11 PM   #5  

I took Sandi's advice and watched "Identity" the other night. It was really good and definitely not predictable.

Dirty Dancing is one of my all time favorites too!! Great movie and I still love the soundtrack.
Old 10-06-2003, 11:25 PM   #6  
missaprylj

Have you seen Chicago or Moulin Rouge? They're my favorites... so I'm CONSTANTLY pressing them.

I just watched Bend It Like Beckham this weekend and LOVED it. I thought it was awesome and can't wait to rent "Real Women..."

I also rented "A Mighty Wind" and thought it was HILARIOUS. Kind of one of those, ya-have-to-think-to-laugh movies, but HYSTERICAL to me.

Also.... have you seen Chicago and Moulin Rouge?

Old 10-08-2003, 01:59 PM   #7  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default horror films

i'm a total horror fan love them all. fav horror has to be evil dead cos its just so funny all horrors are funny. my fav non horror films are the usual suspects silence of the lambs and shrek.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:00 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Return to Me
Old 10-09-2003, 03:04 AM   #9  
Searching

Well not a movie, but a CD. Last night I got Elvis's "2nd to None" OMG! This CD is awesome!!!!!!!!

When I said, I needed you
You said you would always stay
It wasn't me who changed, but you
And know you've gone away

Don't you know that now you're gone
And I'm left her on my own
Then I have to follow you
And beg you to come home

You don't have to say you love me
Just be close at hand
You don't have to stay forever
I will understand
Believe me, believe me
I can't help I love you
But believe me, I'll never tie you down

Left alone with just a memory
Life seems dead and so unreal
All that's left is loneliness
There's nothing left to feel

Miss Chris
Old 10-09-2003, 04:05 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Dave Koz's Saxophonic came out yesterday. I'm seeing him @ Westbury Music Fair on the 24th!!
Old 10-09-2003, 06:39 PM   #11  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Si - Evil Dead is awesome. They had a midnight showing of ED II at a theatre here so I finally got see it on the big screen. Army of Darkness is my favorite though. "First you wanna kill, then, you wanna kiss me.... blow."
Old 10-09-2003, 07:52 PM   #12  
Searching

"Shop Smart Shop S-Mart"
"Give me some sugar baby"

Love the Evil Dead and AOD too!
Love Bruce Cambell, he kinda looks like Elvis too!
Miss Chris
Old 10-09-2003, 07:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

not too sure about recent movies, butmy all-time farvorite movie is empire records. anyone else a fan?
Closed Thread