Weight Loss Support - WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGE #4 -- for week starting Oct. 6

redballoon
10-05-2003, 06:10 PM
Hello, everyone, this is PART IV of the One-week-at-a-time challenge. This is a challenge in the spirit of the 21-Day challenge, which I'm still continuing as well but. . .

I wanted something else, something short and sweet, where I can buckle down and go all out on and yet still come up for air before I burn out. So, I want to start up a ONE-WEEK CHALLENGE. :sunny: Here, we'll look at the week as a whole, which also means we have room for slipups and unexpected evenings out, or whatever.

So, unlike the 21-dayer where you commit to doing something every, single day for 21 days straight or have to go back to START and count over the One-Week-at-a-Time challenge is going to be about things like saying; I will go to the gym 3x this week, or I keep my calories to a total of 14,000 for the week, or I will not eat anything after 6 p.m. 3x this week. So, if you want to eat 14,000 calories one day and fast for the next 6 fine! :lol: Or, you can go to the gym three days straight and then flop back and do absolutely zilch for the next four.

This way of attacking things will allow you to customize your challenge to suit yourself, allow for tortoise types and hare types to do their own thing AND means that getting back after after a fall doesn't mean you've lost any ground at all. It'll inspire that crucial element of success -- the POWER TO PERSIST!! I think it'll be a great motivator and great source of empowerment!! :encore:

SO, come on!! If you're interested please jump aboard and tell us your plan for the week and then keep us posted with progress reports and tell us when your goal is accomplished, be it early in the week or at the end. I'll do this starting Monday and wrapping up Sunday night of each week.

Hope to see you! :wave: PLEASE, join me!

redballoon
10-05-2003, 06:12 PM
This space is reserved for our challengers. I'll write your names and challenges here and the date you've completed your challenge for the week and update it as we go along. I'm going to start a new thread each week but carry this data over so you can see how many challenges you've done.
:strong: ONE-WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGERS :strong:

(there will be one :sunny: for each successful challenge, and you decide whether you earn it)

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: redballoon: (keep food journal all week)

:sunny: :sunny: Eydie: (some form of exercise daily, no chocolate all week)

:sunny: :sunny:M.N.J.: (leg exercises 3-4x/week)

:sunny: :sunny: Sandybrat: (yoga 5x/week, no eating after 7 p.m. 4x/week, pilates 2x/week)

:sunny: :sunny: PhotogirlTX: (two sessions of cardio daily; 1 hr. in afternoon, 30 min. late 4x/week, 7straight days of at least ONE cardio seesion, pilates 6x/week)

** chikitababe: (min. 75 mins. aerobics 6x/week, min. 6 glasses water daily, no sweets)

:sunny: Aquareggie: ( 15 min. walking 3x/week, one week of vegan food only)

:sunny: happy dance dot (no WW flex points for this week, only designated points)

:spin: :sunny: friendsforfitness: (min. of 28 real crunches 4x/week, wake up 6 a.m. 4x/week, wake up 7 a.m. on weekends, journal food/drink daily, strategy set by Thursday for weekend)

:sunny: allthatjazz (prepare healthy lunch at night for work 4-5 days, use total gym 3x/week)

** mscat816: (3 square meals before 7 p.m., 98 oz water/daily)

** Shelldawn: (walk mile min. of 3x/week)

deleted2
10-05-2003, 07:09 PM
This week I want to challenge myself to a do some form of exercise outside every day. This is my favorite time of year and I want to make sure that I get out and enjoy it!

I want to do a food challenge too. No chocolate in any form this week!

If anyone's lurking and wondering about jumping in with your own personal challenge, I heartily recommend it! Thanks for starting the thread, Red!:D

Marti
10-05-2003, 11:23 PM
This week I plan on doing all leg excercises 3-4x this week. Squats, lunges, walking or jogging. Anything that'll help shrink the thighs!!:D I plan on continuing the abs, but the legs will be the challenge.

I'm with Eydie...anyone lurking...feel free to join in!! This is a great motivator thread!! And it's only a week at a time!! And you get to pick out how you want to do it!! So let's get to it!!

Off to another week ladies!!! Good luck!!!

Marti

Sandybrat
10-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Hello Ladies!!! Well this weeks challenge will be yoga 5 times this week, no eating after 7, 4 nights and pilates 2 times this week... i will build up slowly but will try to do it more than twice. Good Luck ladies!! Heres to a successfull week!!!! :cheers:

Sandy:flow1: :dance:

PhotogirlTX
10-05-2003, 11:59 PM
Well, because it is working so well, and because I NEED the challenge to make it happen... once again, duel cardio 4 times this week. I will get in 7 straight days of at least ONE session of cardio, and I will do my pilates 6 times this week.

Everyone have a great week! Together, we can do this! :-)

Cherie

chikitababe
10-06-2003, 06:50 AM
Hi! Can I join in the fun? I REALLY need to challenge myself. I have been off track for a few weeks now, and, it is bound to catch up with me.

Challenge #1- Do at least 75 minutes of aerobics, 6 days.
Challenge #2- Drink at least 6 glasses of water per day.
Challenge #3- Most important...NO SWEETS...get rid of them, lol.

Ok, I am up for this. I am drinking my morning brew, then plan to do my 3 mile WATP for a start. We can do this.

Holly

Aquareggie
10-06-2003, 01:01 PM
Welcome Holly!

Good to see everyone back.

Red, you're going 21 days without sugar?! My god, woman, you've got gonads!!!

Didn't make my challenge last week to walk every day. I was concentrating on the vegan thing, and after not showing a loss on weigh-in day, I was too depressed. :( Yeah, I know, giving up won't help me lose this week. :lol: So I'm back on track today. :D

This week's goals:

1. A paltry fifteen minute walk three days this week. I should be able to do THAT.

2. Vegan week again. :D

Have a good day,
AR

happy dance dot
10-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Hi girls.

I completed my challenge for last week and lost 2.5lbs. Really happy...like theyu say, "slow and steady wins the race":D .

Congrats to everyone who finished theirs and also to those who gave it their best.:high:

Hopefully, this week I'll be more in tune with you girls.

As far as this week goes I will stick to the same.

1-no flex points
2-earning at least 6 activity pts(last week I got 8pts btw :) )
3-sticking with the program

Good luck everyone!:lucky:

happy dance dot
10-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Oh and welcome holly...you'll have lots of fun in here and find it really supportive...good luck!

friendsforfitness
10-06-2003, 02:53 PM
My challenges will be:

1- To do no less that 28 real crunches 4x this week.
(I barely did 27 this morning)

If you don't get the real crunches comment just read my journal entry for today. You can click on the "my website" button at the bottom of this post and then click on the entry entitled More "DUH" moments from a health & fitness dummy.

2- Wake up at 6 am 4x this week.

3- Wake up at 7am Saturady & Sunday

4- Journal all food and drink consumption for all seven days

5- Have a plan of combat in place by Thurday
to stay O/P over the weekend.

Sorry, I know it's quite a bit, but I need this right now. I'm letting go of the dessert thing for awhile, I will get back to it at a later time.

Good luck to everyone!!

Lisa

:dance:

Sandybrat
10-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Hello Lovelies!!!! Hey Lisa... u go girl... we know u can do it and will be here every step of the way for u... I need to have a plan of action for the weekends as well... and to do my exercises... and keep it up!! One day down of yoga and pilates... i even brought my iron horse machine out of the garage and did 6 reps of 15... i will do 4 more reps of 15 and make it 10 for the day. I will do this every day this week as well... might as well add it to the challenge. I wish all my family on here ggood luck this week!! WELCOME to you Holly!! U will find htis a very friendly and supportive place to come... i have...
Remember to take care of U!! Love u all...

Sandy:dance: :flow1:

Congrats to DOT!! on her weight loss!! U GO GIRL!

allthatjazz
10-06-2003, 05:48 PM
This week I hope to:
1. Prepare a healthy lunch at night to take to work 4 out of 5 days

2. Use the my Total Gym 3x this week

And sure hope my computer doesn't go on the blink this week so I can keep up!

Sandybrat
10-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Ok ladies... i changed my mind... do NOT add the iron horse to the challenge...LOL i will try to do it 3 times this week... but i may hve over done it a bit today... so i will take tomorrow off from it...lol unless i stop hurting...lol!! I got a bit carried away... but i am sooo detetrmined and i want this determination to stay with me for the week...lol
Hope u all had a fab day... i will check back later!!

TTFN!!

chikitababe
10-06-2003, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I made it through day 1.....walked 6 miles with WATP, drank 88 ounces of water, and avoided ALL junk!

Holly

PhotogirlTX
10-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Just finished my my first day of duel cardio... got my pilates in twice today... So I have started out my week on a good note!

Holly!!! That is great! You had a wonderful day!!! 6 miles!! wow... how long did that take you!!! GREAT JOB!

Sandy!!! You had a great day too!! Sorry you are so sore... take a nice hot bath and use some icy hot!!! It's a GOOD kind of pain... We will help you keep up that determination!!!

allthatjazz.. good luck on your challenge.. sounds like very doable goals!!!

Lisa..... sending lots of will power and good luck vibes!!!!!! You can do all of your goals!!!! Keep going, you are doing great!

Happy dance dot! a big WTG on your weight loss! That is great!!! Slow and steady is right.... hope this week is just as good for you!

Aqua.... you will be a success this week!!! We are here behind you!

Ok... everyone, talk to you tomorrow!!!!

Cherie

mscat816
10-07-2003, 01:22 AM
I had a good day except I am up 2 lbs! 237!!! I did well on most of my goals - it wasn't perfect - but I wasn't totally off the beaten path either.

My goals this week are to get my 3 squares in before 7 p.m. and drink my 98 oz of water each day. I got the 3 squares in but it was 8 p.m. before my last meal. I was short on 1 serving of veggies and 1 serving of fruit. I only got in 74 oz of water but the night is not over.

I did all my crunches and 1/3 of my pushups for the day. The best news is I passed up a delicious, gargantuan chocolate chip cookie!

I am going to hang in and work to stay focussed tomorrow - it is hard enough when you don't lose. It is really had when you gain!:?:

redballoon
10-07-2003, 01:47 AM
Ok, people, I'm trying to get your names up on the record board. Tell me if you've earned a sun. I've already put some in. Tell me if I got it right. I leave for the States tomorrow and everything is hectic here so I probably won't have much chance to check in here. I was going to totally pass on this week's challenge but decided to make it to keep a food journal. Just that should be hard enough but I thought it would serve to slow some of my anticipated bigtime eating! You keep each other encouraged here OK while I'm gone. I will try to check in when I can find a computer. But the rest of this week should be difficult.

Of the more prolific posters among you please hold the fort!!

Eydie, got you down for exercise and no chocolate. You're welcome for the challenge. You all keep me going to. I thrive on a little responsibility!
M.N.J., Sandybrat, mscat, congrats on one day down :cp:, Photogirl, you are burning up the place!! :flame:

friendsforfitness, that is one tough challenge you've taken on yourself. Best of luck! You CAN do it!!
happy dance dot :dance: , all that jazz, :dance: good luck!

chikitababe, welcome! :wave: congrats on a successful first day! :dancer:

Aquareggie, good for you for not giving up. Eating vegan won't necessarily make you lose weight. I have gone years vegan at time and I can gain on just as easy. But it's healthy, or can be, depending on what you're eating. I'd look at it as a health thing not a weight loss aid. Now, exercise, that's good! Good luck to you! Yeah, no sugar, that's good for weight loss. It's hard to binge on other things. I have repositioned my fat since I've been off sugar. I went a year without any sugar whatsoever and I just felt sooo good. Now, I'm off and on and trying to get it to where I don't want the sugar. Thus the 21-day challenges of no sugar.

deleted2
10-07-2003, 07:19 AM
Monday was good. Walked for an hour today at a very spritely pace if I say so myself! Then 20 min dumbells and 20 min. Pilates with balance ball.
And no chocolate. Interesting to see if you try to avoid something how it's everywhere!

KEEP GOING, GIRLS!:)

Sandybrat
10-07-2003, 08:58 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!!! Well one day down !! Red, i need one more sun... i was successful this past week! Yes Cheri, its a good sore... and i am happy to say that i like it!! I took some advil b4 bed last night . I will take a nice hot bath tonight ... i'm sure i will need it! Only had time for a quick shower yesterday. Boy that iron horse machine is something... i can feel muscles i havent felt in years!! Especially in my back... the upper shoulder muscles...lol I even went fro a walk after dinner last night!! i have a question... my calories are at 1800 for the day. I am good at staying just under this...(except the weekends) should i lower them more?? or jsut stay here for a while then lower once i get the weekends down?? Just wondering... this calorie counting is way new to me... i wish all of u the best of luck!! WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!! STAY STRONG!!!
Take care of U

Love,

PhotogirlTX
10-07-2003, 09:49 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday... I have a busy day ahead of me.... Payroll day!

I've already done my pilates this morning. I really ENJOY doing that first thing in the morning. It's a 20 minute tape and I get just enough of a workout that it jumpstarts my body for the day!

Sandy... we can do this together.... this place is keeping me motivated!!! I can't answer the question about the calories.. I've never been a good calorie counter myself...

Eydie... I hear ya on the chocolate. That was my 21 day challenge, to stay away from anything chocolate.. and I am happy to say I am on day 20 right now! :-) It does get easier!!

Red.. don't worry about us.. we will keep this place going!! Hope you have a great time in the States!

mscat.. just keep working.. the weight will come off!! You are doing a great job!

Ok.. time to get to work! Have a great day everyone!

Cherie

chikitababe
10-07-2003, 10:10 AM
Hey Ladies! I had another good start today. I did my 20 min pilates and walked 3 miles. I hope to walk 3 more, and make sure to drink that water!

Cherie,

Hi! I walk with the Walk Away The Pounds tapes, and did the 3 mile tape twice. It takes 90 minutes total. Which pilates do you do? I have J.H. Pilates by Denise Austin. Sometimes the pilates are nice to do before bed as well. When I am tired, but want to stretch, etc., the pilates helps.

Sandy,

Hey! I have a hard time with the calorie counting as well, but, have started to measure my portions, and, boy, is there a difference in size to what I used to eat!

Eydie,

Hi! Oooohhhh, chocolate is my passion, lol. I, too am trying to avoid it. Today is day 2. But, you know, a recent study showed that something in chocolate actually benefits cardiovascular health!

Redballoon,

Thanks for the welcome and congrats!

Hello to everyone else. Let's gave a great OP day!

Holly

redballoon
10-07-2003, 10:41 AM
Sandybrat, you got it!! :sunny:

I'll check in with one final post tomorrow morning before I leave. Do you know I leave Tokyo at 4:30 on Wednesday afternoon and, all systems go, arrive in New York at 4:00 Wednesday afternoon. Heh, I'm from Pennsylvania but is it Groundhog Day, or what?!?!?

Shelldawn
10-07-2003, 10:44 AM
Sorry for chiming in after the buzzer..hehehe...but it was a busy weekend and Monday.

I know this may seem small to most, but here is my challenge for this week. I'll work my way up in time. I am going to walk my mile at least 3 times this week, but my goal is 4. I walked it Sunday and skipped yesterday. So we shall see how far I get.

Shell

Marti
10-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Hi everybody!!

Shelldawn, there is no challenge too small!! You'll do great on that. My challenge is just leg excercises.

Ok, I walked around campus for 20mins. yesterday going up and down the steps and carrying a backpack!! I needed to pass some time waiting for my ride. Boy, my legs feel it today. (I wore bulky boots....who knew I would have a fire lit under my butt to start walking in those!!) But I'm counting that as my day one being successful!!

Another warm welcome to Shell, Holly and mscat!! Glad to have you here.

Well, I have to get ready for school....

Take care ladies

Marti

happy dance dot
10-07-2003, 01:29 PM
MNJ...good to see your keeping up even though your in school. I remember those stressful days:D . More power to you girl. You rock!

Shell...I agree with MNJ...there's no challenge too small. Good luck.

Chikita...keep up the good work. You'll do fine:)

Photo...good going. Keep it up.

mscat...don't worry too much about the gain. Its good you're and I'm sure it'll help. Keep it up.

Edyie...keep it up girl. Chocolate is hard to resist.

SandyB...wow seems like that iron horse really gives you a workout...Keep it up I know you can do it.

As for me, I have kept up to the challenge. I can't believe it. This is the first time I have lasted so long. Hope I keep it up. I guess you girls help me a lot by giving me motivation. Thanks!:D

friendsforfitness
10-07-2003, 01:31 PM
Tremendous Tuesday to all!

Welcome to all the new people! I just wanted to check in and let everyone know I journaled yesterday and did my 28 crunches this morning. I will be getting up at 6am tomorrow. No crunches tomorrow though, I am sooo very sore. I think my muscles need a rest.

Red- I hope you have a really excellent time over here, I'll be thinking about you and have one for me! :)

Cherie_ you are so supportive of me, thanks you so much. It feels good to know so many people have faith in me.

MNJ- I really would like to get that ball too, but I really can't think of a place to keep it what so ever. I am thinking about getting an inexpensive pair of those stretchy band that hook onto a door. Has anyone ever used them??

Shelldawn- MNJ is right, no challenge is too small, I started out walking for only 15 minutes 2 times a week, now I think I'm up to 23 minutes, but it's taken me almost a month to get there. You don't want to overdo it or you won't enjoy yourself. I just try to push myself just a little more each time. By a little I mean one minute more or one more crunch, just enough to show myself progress.

Good Luck To All,
Lisa

Shelldawn
10-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks to everyone for making me feel better about my little goal...hehehe. The support here really is awesome. I've been trying to walk a couple times a week but I get so easily distracted. You guys are good to keep me focused...hehehe. It's so much easier to walk with my boyfriend and my kids (they ride their bikes). It seems like the time just flies. Unfortunately, it is starting to get cold out and I can't have my kids out in it, so my boyfriend will be staying home with them. I have 2 or 3 more weeks of the family walk, but then I'll be walking solo again. That is always the toughest time for me. Seems like it takes forever to get to my destination and I just lose interest in the whole thing...hehehe. Maybe you gals can help keep me on track this time around.

Thanks again to everyone and Good Luck to everyone here on their goals.

allthatjazz
10-07-2003, 05:38 PM
Hi Everybody! Sounds like we are off to a good start! I have made my lunch for work yesterday and today! Did the Total Gym today, and boy could I tell it's been a l-o-n-g time. Onwards to Wednesday everybody!

deleted2
10-07-2003, 06:27 PM
Sandybrat, pardon my ignorance.:o But what's the iron horse?:?:

Photogirl, I agree with you about Pilates in the AM. It really sets the tone for the day to do something at the start. Maybe I'll make that next week's challenge!

Shelldawn, you're doing great!

Have a safe journey, RedBalloon! And have fun!

Chikatababe, I've heard great things about the WATP videos. I'll have to try one.

Happy Dance Dot, yes, this is a great place to be. Strength in numbers!!!

FriendsForFitness, yeah, the balance ball is huge. I actually use mine as a 'chair' at the computer---using it now. Gives you perfect posture!

allthatjazz, good for you for getting your lunches together. Planning is so important to me too!

About the chocolate thing---it never fails. I'm off the stuff for a week, not because I eat it to excess, I'm just trying to stay aware of what I eat---I get to work this morning and a co-worker has left me some chocolate. I bless him for his generosity and then I toss it in the trash. If he asks me I'll tell him it was delicious! Hard to get away from it! I bought some lemon-poppyseed Clif bars for this week thinking they were chocolate free, and today I read the label and see they have WHITE chocolate in them. Oh well...guess they'll have to wait till next week.

Aquareggie, how's vegan week going? I really want to do more vegan days. One of these weeks when I'm not cooking so much at work, I might go for a whole week.

I've done well with food today. As for exercise: walked 5 miles this morning---this afternoon 30 min. bellydancing video, and 20 min. yoga.:)

redballoon
10-07-2003, 10:02 PM
I'm off for my flight! Will be checking in (I hope) once I'm in the States.
Keep up your work. I'll be journaling (and for me that's harder than it sounds!)

Bye for now!
:wave:

PhotogirlTX
10-07-2003, 11:44 PM
I just finished my second day of duel cardio.... two more days to go! :-) Also have done two sets of my pilates today too.. so that part of the challenge is going strong as well! Now I am just TIRED!!!!!

Eydie.. GREAT JOB on resisting that chocolate monster!!!!! My first two weeks on my 21 day challenge was awful.. There was so much chocolate in my office... I couldn't stand it!

allthatjazz.. GREAT JOB!

Lisa.. still doing awesome!!!! Keep it up!!

Shelldawn, any goal is a great goal!! It means you are committed to doing SOMETHING! So good luck!

happy dance dot!!! You are doing great!!! Glad you are doing such a fantastic job on your challenge!! We are here for you!

Marti!! Keep it up! :-)

Holly.... you are doing fantastic too!!!

I am soooo tired.. I can't even think straight! I will check in tomorrow with everyone.... have a great night!

Hugs,
Cherie

Marti
10-08-2003, 02:07 AM
Evening ladies-

Well, I don't feel 32 right now,,,, I feel like I'm 92. I'm tired and sore and just want some sleep.

Day two is successful!! I did a whole leg routine using the excercise ball. I was going to grab this "thigh master" that I have... don't know where it came from, I never purchased one, but instead, I used the ball. And my thighs are feeling it!! Woohoo!! I also did some glute routine. I even grabbed some weights and did a little arms excercises. So all in all, my legs got worked out and as a bonus, so did my arms. I soooo want to get my membership back at the gym!!!

I have goal.... as we all do. And that is to lose some weight AND add some definition or tone to my muscles by March 2004. Why that time?? Well......:s:
James and I plan on getting married in March. On my grandparents anniversary!! We've planned on getting married at that time for awhile, I just thought I would finally share that. Today we've been together for 5yrs.... and I was just in the mood to share....:D

Ok, this 92yr old... I mean 32yrs old is heading off to bed.

Take Care
Marti

atamata
10-08-2003, 05:41 AM
Hi, i'm new. I thought that this would be interesting!

I want to walk 30 minutes 3-4x this week (started yesterday and had one today)

drink a lot of water, and water only everyday

friendsforfitness
10-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Wonderful Wednesday to all!!

Just checking in to say I did 29 crunches this morning, even though I said I was gonna skip a day, but when I realized I was no longer sore, I just went for it. I journaled yesterday and already today. I also woke up at 5 am, that covers the 6am wake up doesn't it??:lol:

MNJ-How exciting, getting married in less than a year, wow. You must be major busy, tell us about some of your plans. :gossip:

I'm very happy for you.

Lisa

Sandybrat
10-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Good Morning Lovely Ladies!!! I treid posting here 3 times last night and my stupid computer kept freezing... of course after i had written everything...lol So, i will try again! LOL I did my iron horse yesterday... which for those of u who r wondering is a Gravity Body Lift machine... whatever that means...lol it feels like i am doing squats without and stress to my knees... Also did my yoga. Did NOT eat after 7pm again last might so thats 2 down there as well!! For someone who never liked to exercise i must say i am diggin this now.... lol I really like the endorphin rush afterwards! Looks like i just may be able to keep this up!!! Well, i should say i WILL keep this up.... even if i dont like it i need it!!
I want to tell u all that u are doing FABULOUS!!! Welcome to atamata... u will find the women here are full of love, hope and all kinds of support. They are truly wonderful friends! Remember to take care of U today....

Sandy:dance: :flow1: :strong:

Southern Butterfly
10-08-2003, 12:45 PM
I know I'm getting off to a late start this week, but I just got back to a computer! Well, last week was not successful. I didn't have any candy, I did cardio 3x, and I walked the hospital 4x a day. However I only did the ab video once last week.

This week, I challenge myself to the following:
1. Cardio 3x this week.
2. Ab video 2x this week.
3. No sweets from Wednesday through Sunday.

Welcome atamata!

Marti - congratulations!!

Lisa - great job on the crunches. They are definitly worth it!

redballon - have a wonderful time!

Sandybrat & Photogirl - great going with all the exercies!

I did do cardio and the ab video this morning. So, off to a good start.

Everyone, have a wonderful day!

Shelldawn
10-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Well Two down and one to go. I walked my mile Sunday and Tuesday. My legs sure do feel it when I am done, but I haven't been pushing myself to do it faster yet.

Speaking of which. About how long should it take to walk a mile in order to get the maximum bennifit from it? Is it 20 minutes?

happy dance dot
10-08-2003, 02:10 PM
Hi just wanted to say

welcome to atamata

You're all doing great.

Congrats MNJ you must really be excited...keep up the good work. You really inspire me girl...u rock!

Well I am still doing good so hopefully this week ends good too.

Take care

allthatjazz
10-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Wednesday and still on target. I was doing Total Gym at 5:30 am! Boy am I outta shape.

MNJ- Congrats on your exciting news!
Photo- Dual cardio again, wow!
Atatmata- Welcome!
friendsfor fitness- Way to go with the early wake-up and crunches
Sandybrat-Endorphin rush-Yay!
Redballoon- have a safe trip
Southern Butterfly- Sounds like a great start!
Shelldawn- Good going with your walking plan!

On to Thursday!

deleted2
10-08-2003, 07:30 PM
Atamata, Welcome!:D

MNJ, thanks for sharing your wedding plans--that's exciting!

Photogirl, I'd love to workout with you sometime. I really admire your exercise routines!

FriendsForFitness, A wonderful Wednesday to you too!;)

Sandybrat, isn't working out the best? I can't live without it!

Southern Butterfly, even if you didn't complete 100% of your challenge, it looks to me like you did darn well! Don't sweat it!

Shelldawn, I wouldn't worry about how long it takes to walk that mile. Just make it a habit and then you can speed up!;)

allthatjazz, wow! Im inspired---I may get up at 5:00 and do Pilates or something. I love it!

I had a very busy day at work---had to prepare, serve, and clean up after the board meeting lunch. So I took a walk while the dishes were washing and then came home and did an hour of bellydance videos. That got me all loosened up after a tense day! :D

Sandybrat
10-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Eydie... do u like your belly dance videos?? I have been thinking about getting some... but have NO idea whats good... If u enjoy yours would u tell me which one it is so i can get one?? Thanks... Almost dinner time... be back later chickees@!@!!!!!!

PhotogirlTX
10-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Third day out of my fourth for duel cardio!!! I am Tired! :) but, I am really going to try to do seven out of seven this week... I will keep you posted! I have exactly two weeks til a very good friend of mine comes in from California.. so I want to look as good as possible! :-)

Eydie! Thanks... that was a very sweet thing to say! And good for you about the belly dancing videos... I bet that is a great way to relax!

Allthatjazz.. Great Wednesday!!!

Shelldawn.. great job on your walks!!! You are doing great!

Hi Happy!

Butterfly, sounds like to me you had an extremely successful week last week!!! Don't focus on what you didn't do, look at ALL YOU DID DO!!! WOW!! You did great!

Sandy.. keep up the great work!!!! And you are right about the exercise... once you get hooked on it.. it feels great and you actually look forward to your sessions!

Lisa... WTG on those crunches girl!!!! Glad you didn't skip today!

atamata welcome!!! Good luck on your challenge this week!

Marti wow.. congrats on the impending wedding!!! We will have you in great shape long before you walk down that isle!!!

Ok... time for me to go relax and go to bed.... I will see you all tomorrow!

Cherie

Sandybrat
10-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Hello ladies!! Did my yoga and my iron horse again today!! NO eating again after 7... so far so excellent!! LOL Just need to get my pilates in again and keep up with what i have been doing. I am NOT to the point yet of missing exercise, but i hope to be very soon.... i will make this a habit !!! Well.. i have some stuff to finish up and then need to hit the hay... take care of u... night all... sweet dreams! Congrats Marti!!! sorry i missed saying that earlier... i am happy for u!

Marti
10-09-2003, 01:14 AM
Hello ladies-

Well today I decided to just rest. I have a headache from !@#*!!!:headache:
And trying to do excercises just isn't working... I did try though. So I've only done 2 days out of the 3-4. Not too bad. I will do some tomorrow... a promise.

Sorry for no individuals tonight, I will tomorrow. You're ALL doing so well!! I'm so proud!!:grouphug:

Take care
Marti

atamata
10-09-2003, 03:15 AM
Thanks everyone for welcoming me! Well, to keep you guys up to date, yesterday and the day before, i did walk for about 30min or so around the park and back to my house. Yesterday, i also drank a whole lot of water, so there was a lot of bathroom breaks because my body's not used to so much water. Same with today, i've been drinking water a lot. I didn't run today however, i did do some weights for my arms!

Thanks everyone for being such great support. I look forward to joggin tomorrow!

friendsforfitness
10-09-2003, 09:04 AM
I know I'm so cheesey.:lol:

Marti- I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry your head hurst so much. I'm sending get better quick vibes your way. :goodvibes

Cherie- Thanks and good luck on that 7 day goal! We all know you'll do it!!

atamata-Glad to see your doing so well! Keep checking in with us, we're here for ya girl.

Sandybrat- You are so motivated!! How's your family reacting to all of your positive changes?

As far as me I did get up at 6am and did manage 28 crunches, tried to do 29, but onlu made 1/3 of the way up. :lol: My hubby is very impressed with all my motivation. I know this because we were talking about my bike. I am giving it to a friend. It's just a beachcomber and no gears, so it's very hard on my knees. The one good thing about it is that is has a big granny fanny seat, which my big @ss needs! So I was telling him that I told my friend when I get another bike I will want that seat back and he said well honey, at the rate your going you may not need that seat. Maybe we'll just have to get you one of those skinny little seats for that tight little--- you'll be sportin'. :blush:

Hope I didn't share too much, It just kinda made me feel good, that he sees it as a definite possibility. :)

I hope everyone one of you has an excellent day! ;)

Lisa

Sandybrat
10-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Good Morning Lovelies... i slept in today... i needed it but now i feel all off kilter... i just couldnt get to sleep last night. I forgot to take my vitamin yesterday so i took it at night... bad idea... it kept me awake. So now i have them on the counter so i remember to take them after i eat something... LOL AS far as my family noticing and changes... NOPE! lol they are too busy and wrapped up in their own lives to notice... But I NOTICE!!! I talk to my best friend on a daily basis thru instant messages and shes sooo very supportive of me. She gives me encouragment and tells me how great i am doing... just like coming here! My DH tends to give me a hard time about posting here all the time... I just tell him that these are my friends, i dont have any here so i reach out to the ones i can't see but can talk to everyday. He just doesnt get it sometimes... he goes to work everyday and has adult conversations, and interactions everyday... I dont... so i found a place that i get some comfort in coming. so poop on him! LOL Wow... that really turned into a rant... guess i hadnt thought about it til u asked... Oh well...U guys are my freinds and family as well... so a great big THANK YOU to u all for being here for me everyday! I love you all....

Southern Butterfly
10-09-2003, 11:29 AM
Well, I got up to go for a walk this morning. Only walked for ten minutes. I had the urge to do some toning exercieses, so I worked my upper body this morning.

Sandybrat - you're very sweet, and Thank You for being here for us. :gossip:

Lisa - It's wonderful that your hubby is so supportive. Doing great with the crunches!:cp:

MNJ - I hope you're feeling better. :stars:

Atamata - you're doing great!:bravo:

Photogirl - you'll look splendid when your friend gets there. All of the exercise pays off!:strong:

Eydie - I'd also like to know which belly dancing videos you use and if you really like them. I'm trying to find some new exercise videos to add to my collection.:dance:

Everyone have a great day!:wave:

atamata
10-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Everyone's doing great! And i hope to get to know you all soon too!

As for my family, my aunt is very proud of me. My mom she's probably proud of me too, but doesn't show it. My aunt from NY is proud of me too! and i have my friend's who are supporting me all the way, and you guys helping me get through it all as well! Thanks everyone

happy dance dot
10-09-2003, 04:23 PM
Well ladies, yesterday I didn't earn any activity pts, used 5 flex pts, and basically today I am trying to make up for yesterday not being good at all. I mean I din't cheat, but I used the flex pts. Tom is on his way and I think that's why I am feeling like this, besides wanting to eat everything in sight...okay g2g get duct tape for my mouth...lol

deleted2
10-09-2003, 06:09 PM
allthatjazz----alas, I didn't rise up first thing this morning to work out. Just couldn't do it, but soon.....!

FriendsForFitness, I LOVE the new pic!

Sandybrat and South. Butterfly----The bellydance videos that i use are by Veena and Neena, the bellydancing twins. They're really great, very good at breaking down the moves and not intimidating. I like them so much I have 7 of their videos. I recommend their 'Fitness for Beginners' series to start out. When I first started I felt like I was just flailing around but now I can shimmy and hip-drop like a pro! Check www.naturaljourneys.com for the videos--they probably sell props too if ypu want to get really fancy!;)

I didn't have to work today so I did a big workout session. 30 Minute bellydance video, 60 min. step video, and 50 min pilates video. Had a blast!
Have been ravenously hungry all day, but haven't indulged much. Trying to stay reasonable. Do you find that the more you exercise the hungrier you are?

Southern Butterfly
10-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Thanks, Edyie! I just ordered one of the "Fitness for Beginners" videos along with a pilates plus video. I look forward to bellydancing! It's going to be a long 5-9 days wait for them to get here.:twirly:

Atamata - it's wonderful that you have such supportive friends and family (including us here)! It really makes a difference. :high:

I was going to go for a walk after work, but it's raining outside! I guess that means it's me and ole Billy Blanks again tomorrow morning. :dancer:

PhotogirlTX
10-09-2003, 11:37 PM
I finished up my 4th day of duel cardio tonight!! Yeah... that part of the challenge is over with... now just to make sure I exercise at least once for the next three days. Cardio and pilates! :-) Piece of... hmmmm..... well, you know what I mean! ;)

Butterfly.. good luck with the new videos.. I love my two pilates tapes. I do them both everyday....

Eydie.. WOW... you had quite the workout today!!! I bet you feel GREAT!

Happy... today I have been feeling the same way.. it's been such a struggle to not eat everything in sight... when you are finished with the duct tape..send it my way!

atamata.. you are doing great.. I am sure you whole family is very proud. This has to be one of the hardest things in the world to do.. and you are doing it!!!!

Sandy..... you are doing a great job too! Hopefully your family will open up their eyes soon and actually see YOU.. and see what a great job you are doing!!!! Keep it up!

Lisa.. I laughed at your husband's comment... that would surely keep me motivated if I has someone like that! :-) You go girl!!!! You will have that tight little... hehe.. in NO TIME! :-)

Marti, I hope you are feeling better today... Get some rest dear.

Ok... time for me to get ready for bed.... If I don't the kitchen will be calling my name.. and it's WAY too late to be eating.

Cherie

Aquareggie
10-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Good morning!

I haven't been posting b/c I've been really bad with my food. I got into that rut last week where I was depressed about not losing. Then I weighed in today and I'm down half a pound. Go figure. :p

Got one walk in so far, two more to do by Sunday. Think I can manage that. Vegan week is shot, because of my bad attitude. :( Oh well. I can do better. :)

Cherie -- Good for you for getting the dual cardio out of the way early. Is there a specific reason you do dual cardio? J/c.

SB -- Bellydancing is soo fun. I did it back in college. There's a studio where I live, but I put off joining until "I lose some weight." I should just go join, huh?

Eydie -- Yes, I get hungry when I exercise. That's why I do it before I eat. :)

HDD -- Hey, that's the beauty of WW. You can still lose weight even when you use those flex points. That's the point of the plan (bad pun!). You're doing great just by sticking with the program.

Atamata -- Welcome! Good to see you have people supporting you. I'm too ashamed to talk about my weight. But you're lucky to have so much support. :)

Sandy -- Eh, your hubby will deal. :D

Lisa -- What a cute comment by your hubby. :o

Marti -- Congrats on your upcoming nuptials. :) We want to see pics of your dress! (Well, I do anyway! :lol: ) And feel better.

AR

PhotogirlTX
10-10-2003, 10:01 AM
Aqua...
Right now I have a goal set for myself to get this weight off by a certain date. I am trying to keep my metabolism up but doing pilates in the morning, working out on the treadmill in the afternoon, and then a shorter session of the elliptical machine at night. This way I am constantly making my system burn fat, and I see results quicker. Once I get to where I want to be, I will tone down my workouts to make it more "livable". I will continue to get up and do the pilates in the morning, just because it makes me feel good, and it's a great start to my day. And I will continue to do my hour walk/run on the treadmill everyafternoon, because I have worked that into my schedule to have a specific time to do it, kinda like work. My weekends will be my down times to do nothing or something different, depending on the weather, and depending on my girls. This spring I plan on being outside with them alot.. so we will all three get some form of exercise in over the weekends.

Basically, I am just really motivated in getting this weight off NOW. So I am working very hard at doing that. I have given myself four months to really make an effort, and New Years Eve is my goal date.... not only the holiday, but my daughter's birthday!

Anyway... hope that explains! :-)

Cherie

Sandybrat
10-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Good Morning Lovely Ladies!!! AAAAHH Aqua... u made my day!! LOL yes he will deal... lol!!! And yes u should just join... go and do the belly dancing... I am going out today and getting some tapes... one for sure!! it sounds so exotic and like sooo much fun!!! My mom called me last night around 11pm. She was sobbing... yesterday was my brothers birthday( the one who passed away). She was having a really hard time. I of course was NOT myself yesterday either... i contemplated calling her but didnt want to uspset her... we talked for about an hour... she talked to my hubby who was close with my brother as well. she told me i need to go back to school... and i need to do it now and for me. she says she knows what it feels like to be stuck at home all day with the kids and that i am becoming stagnant... she even told me she'd pay for it... she says... dad doesnt need to know, neither does rick... this will just be my gift to u because i love you and want the best for u... So, needless to say we cried... but we also laughed and had a good talk.
Well, i go for my physical today... and will get back on my birth control... I really need it... its been quite a hard summer and i am feeling so different about everything. The birth control helped with my moods and such.
OK.. i have babble enuf... i did my yoga, iron horse and NO eating after 7... just one more day and one more pilates tape and i am successfull for this week!! Take care of U

Southern Butterfly
10-10-2003, 11:06 AM
Good Morning! I did my taebo this morning as well as the abs video. One challenge is complete!! I still have one cardio session left to do and continue to stay away from sweets!

Photogirl - congrats on finishing your 4x dual cardio challenge!!

Sandy - I'm sorry yesterday was so rough for you and your family. Good luck with the physical. I hate those. I also need b/c to help my moods. The doc had to change mine because I was on the kind that is a different dose every week, therefore I was in a different mood everyweek. Now I just have one dose which has helped my moods stay pretty even.

Augua - you should "just go". I thought about looking to see if they had a class here, but I have the "need to loose first" mentality. That's why I'm starting with the tapes.

Have a marvelous day!

Sandybrat
10-10-2003, 11:18 AM
Well gals... GOOD NEWS!!! I am DOWN 3 lbs!!! Woooooo Hooooooo!!! We'll see what the scale says at the Docs office but yahooo for me... Just wanted to share the good news... Its JUST what i needed!! I love you all!!

Shelldawn
10-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Well I never made it for my walk last night, but I still got tonight and Saturday to get in at least one more mile, but I am aiming for two.

Marti, I hope you are feeling better, and grats on the upcoming wedding. I'm sure you'll look amazing.

Thumbs up to everyone reaching their goals this week. I'm afraid I don't know everyone well enough to give individual support, but bear with me...hehehe...I'll get the hang of it soon.

Oh...but I do have to say one thing...

Southern Butterfly~
I LOVE that quote. Audrey Hepburn has been and always will be my favorite actress. She was so beautiful and elegant and still so down to earth and caring. People like her are so rare and I just idolize her. I just had to say that.

Shell

Marti
10-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Sorry I didn't post last night. Was busy studying. Hate accounting, just can't grasp it!! I failed my exam... so I'm going to try and turn that around.

Anyway... yesterday was a good leg workout day. So that's 3 out of 4 down. Technically, I've succeeded with my weekly challenge... but I will try to do the fourth.

Gotta get going so sorry for no individual hi's. But I do say hello to all and keep up the good work.

Take Care
Marti

friendsforfitness
10-10-2003, 03:24 PM
ok I did my 28 crunches so that goal is accomplished. i have journaled everday this week so far so 5 days of 7 down on that one.I have woke up at 6am 4x this week, so thats another goal accomplished. Now my plan of attck for the weekend was to be done by Thursday and it was, but I didn't have time to post it here. So here it is and if anyone has anything else they'd like to add please tell me.

1-Grocery Shop after workout Friday.
2-Make Menu Thurday
3-Use Journal everyday
4-Place journal on table at night.
5-Schedule out my days.
My mini goal is to stay O/P all weekend.

Wish me luck.

Lisa

happy dance dot
10-10-2003, 03:56 PM
MNJ...don't give up you can do it. School is stressful for all of us just keep taggin girl.

Lisa...good for you keep it up.

Everyone else keep it up and take care.

Oh and today has been better for me so I am happy.

deleted2
10-10-2003, 09:45 PM
Hooray, Aquareggie's back!!!:D

Sandy and Southern Butterfly, let me know which bellydance tapes you get. Ooooh, this is so exciting!

Sandy, congrats on losing 3 pounds. Fabulous!!! Oh, and your mom sounds like a sweetheart.

I'm in a mild state of shock because we just bought a $2000 treadmill. We've run 4 cheapo treadmills into the ground over the last 10 years and we're stepping up. No, we can't afford it but there you are! Gotta have one and it may as well be a really good one. The prospect of paying for it makes me feel a little green.....Why couldn't they just give it to me?
:lol:

Continue on, everybody!:)

PhotogirlTX
10-10-2003, 09:57 PM
Hey everyone... Just finished my nightly pilates.. and I feel good.. after the girls go to bed, I am going to hop on the ellpitcal machine and finish off my day! :-)

Eydie.. how wonderful!!! Congrats on the treadmill!!!! You will love it!!!!

Happy.. Glad your day was better!!

Lisa.. GREAT JOB on your goal.. and CONGRATS on that weekend plan of action!!! That is the ONLY way I get through my days and weekends, by PLANNING!!!!! And it works great!!! You are doing fantastic!

Marti.. sorry about your accounting class... that is what I am getting my degree in.. and I love Acct. I and II!! :-) I work in payroll now, so I use it quite a bit. Hope it gets better for you!

Shelldawn I hope you have a great weekend and get a few walks in.. Hopefully the weather will be nice in your part of the world!

Sandy... all I can say is YOU GO GIRL!!!! :flow2:

Ok... tomorrow is my cleaning day, so I burn off calories in the morning... and I will be doing my pilates too. My ex is coming into town to see the girls, so once he is here... I will be able to go do my treadmill work while watching the big OU/TX game! Go Sooners! Hahaha...

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!! I will check in then!

Hugs,
Cherie

Sandybrat
10-11-2003, 12:03 AM
U guys are soooooo sweet!! Thanks!! I didnt find my belly dance tape yet... but i didnt really get a chnce to look tonite... had to do the grocery shopping so was limited on my time... there's always tomorrow... LOL! I will check in tomorrow ladies.... sweet dreams and good night!

atamata
10-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Well, i didn't walk/jogg this morning, but i did try to drink a lot of water today (another day full of bathroom breaks). Instaedof walking, i really wanted to do some exercise, so I danced. I learned the dance steps to the song "No More" by 3lw. I love dancing to that song!. I used to know the dance steps to it, so i got my tape, played it(they had a live show of them dancing/singing to their song) and copied it. then once i got it down, i just repeated it over and over again! it was fun! not only that.. my legs are sore now.. lol

friendsforfitness
10-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Super Saturday to all!!

Checking in quick to say another day of 28 crunches down, another 6am wake up down and my journaling is happening! The outlook for staying O/P for today is good!

Stay strong and stay focused,
Lisa
PS I'm really sore today. :)

Sandybrat
10-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Well guys, it was a successful week for me!! Finished the challenge and still have the weekend for extra exercises!! LOl i never thought i would say that... lol!! LISA, U GO GIRL!!!!! I am proud of u!! My plan for the weekend is to walk, eat right and drink my h2o... pretty basic... but a plan none the less!
Have a wonderful day ladies!! take care of U and i love you all!!

Marti
10-12-2003, 01:41 AM
Well girls, this week was successful for me. I got three days of excercises done. Four would have been nice, but my DD and I have been doing so much this weekend I thought three is good. And since I said 3-4 days.....

Anyway... we've all done a fantastic job here. And we'll all do it again on Monday!!

See you then!!

Marti

atamata
10-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Hello again! Thanks again for all the support!

Today, i had to go to work early because i thought that i was goign to a b-day party, but ended up not going because my bf didn't want to go. That's okay though! I didn't know the person that well, just sucked that i went to work early.

As for today, i yet again had a bunch of bathroom breaks (go me, i'm almost getting the hang of drinking a lot of water) My neck is still sore, and my knees (well, above my knees) are sore! Then this evening i have never ran so much before! (well, for a long time at lest.) my friend and i decided to become exercise buddies/partners. He has been out of shape for a long time or what not and he's been wanting to get back into shape. So him and i agreed on becoming exercise partners. This evening him and I pretty much jogged, ran, walked for about a mile or so. Maybe even longer, who knows. The fun part was towards the end of our run, him and i both sprinted down our street. it was fun, but i felt like i was gonna collaps or what not. But he just kept pushing me saying "come on pia, you can do it! don't ever say you can't cuz i know you can!" So then we got back to my house, cooled down and did some "basic military exercise" together (by the way, he used to be in the military) it was hard, but i made it through! I can't wait for another day of this again(even though it was the most dificult thing i have ever done!) If it wasn't for him, i probably would have not ran or jogged for about a month after starting to exercise.

deleted2
10-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Atamata, I'd say the fact that you're looking forward to your next workout is a great sign!

We love the new treadmill! It's like going from an old junk car to a cadillac!

Assuming today goes well, my challenge will be a success. Not having ANY chocolate this week has been strange. I've had to pull myself back from the impulse a few times.

Hey, I have to think of a challenge for next week!:o You can bet it'll involve the new treadmill. Hee Hee!

friendsforfitness
10-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Just checking in to say that I accomplished all of my challenges this week! I'm glad i knocked most of them out earlier in the week, cuz I'm not feelin' too well. :(

Have a good night,
Lisa

deleted2
10-12-2003, 09:20 PM
oh how the mighty have fallen.....

Went to work today and had to prepare food for a reception, and without thinking about it I popped some chocolate into my mouth, and this week's food challenge was all over for me! Can you believe it? On the last day too. No sunny-smiley thing for me this week. Crud!:rolleyes: :shrug: :stress: :censored:

Hope springs eternal......!

redballoon
10-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Hello everyone, I'm in New York and just checked in to start up the new challenge thread for the coming week. Sorry I haven't been able to take part in this week's or read how you all have been doing but maybe from this new week I'll be a little less busy and can check in. In any case, congrats where called for and good luck! Here's the link to the 5th CHALLENGE!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=468831#post468831

Southern Butterfly
10-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Yeah!! This week was a success. I did not have any sweets, and I did cardio 4x and my ab video 2x. :dance:

Congratulations everyone on such a successful week!:bravo: