Weight Loss Support - Time For Serious Fun #31

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #31

gma22
10-04-2003, 09:56 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #31

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

gma22
10-04-2003, 09:59 AM
SATURDAY: Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Share with us some good news if you have any!

ONE WEEK CHALLENGE STARTING TOMORROW!!!! WE ARE GOING TO SHOOT FOR ANOTHER 5 DAYS OF 4 POINTS FOR EACH OF US AND I WANT A 100% THIS WEEK! YOU HAVE SUNDAY THROUGH NEXT SUNDAY 5 OF THOSE DAYS OP OF 4 POINTS!

Talk to you later ladies!

Faye

Sandybrat
10-04-2003, 10:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! WELL... i got all 4 yesterday!! Even with eating a big juicy burger and some french fries... I dont know how that happened but i am extrememly happy!! I didnt do my yoga yesterday so i will do it this morning when i am finished posting. But i did do the grocery shopping... Friday is my shopping day. Sunny thoughts.... I was able top eat that hamburger and french fries and still come under my calorie intake for the day... WOO HOOO!! It has been soooooooo long since i had one... and it was sooooooooo delicious... ok enuf about that already!! LOL
I hope you all have a fabulous day!! Faye... CUBS WIN CUBS WIN!!!!!!!! I watched the game... very good game!
Remember to take care of U

Sandy:dance: :flow1:

gma22
10-04-2003, 11:55 AM
SandyB: YOU GET A: :bravo:

My sunny thoughts are purely selfish today. First off, the CUBS need to only win this afternoon and they have the division championship and just a little closer to the world series. AS FOR ME, I have been eating poorly, not getting in enough water and even exercising less than usual because I have been going through some tough menopause stuff again starting the Monday we came back from Chicago. I have been extremely exhausted all the time even with enough sleep and so have eaten whatever is easiest and quickest. My sunny thought is that I am going to get past this little glitch and get myself to feeling stronger and better knowing the only way to do that besides the fact that I start back on my progesterone cream tomorrow is to eat well and exercise. I am leaving you to go to the mall and walk my 3 miles so have a good day ladies and just keep me in your thoughts. I need everybody's strength right now to just kind of hold me up for a couple days!:lol:

Faye:)

Sandybrat
10-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Well... i was under calories... til i remembered i had 2 beers... so
i was over... but oh well... stay strong Faye.. we are all here holding u up and cheering you on!

Sandy

gma22
10-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Thanks, Sandy! I went and did 2.5 miles in the mall and then went grocery shopping so I do feel somewhat better and I know that after about 2 days of my hormone cream I will be fit as a fiddle. I am just a stubborn broad that can't stand to feel "out of control" no matter what the reason! I am fine ladies, just really tired feeling, but exercising helped as it always does. I am going to sit down with Jack and watch the CUBS whoop up on the Braves in about 1/2 an hour and make us some lunch.

friendsforfitness
10-04-2003, 09:37 PM
Hi Everyone!
I'm sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but I've been really busy. I do get all 4 points for yesterday and today though.

I got to do some shopping and I'm so excited, I bought an exercise mat, yoga bricks,the walk away the pounds videotapes and 1 pound hand weights, now I have some variety and new things to try out! I have a yoga for beginners and yoga for seniors and taebo so we'll see what goes well and what doesn't.

Take Care,
Lisa

happy dance dot
10-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Hi girls...got 4pts yesterday and 4 today. Count me in on the challenge. Okay gotta run now preping some things for Gizmo's & Kit's little b-day party/family get together. Wish me luck on staying within my WW pts.

gma22
10-05-2003, 09:49 AM
SUNDAY: Today is silly Poll Sunday! Here is today's Silly Poll:

You have finally been recognized for your accomplishments and looks like you will become rich and famous. Just what is it that you are famous for?

dancer, writer, singer, actor, chef/food item, athlete, clothing designer, decorator, diet guru

OUR FOUR POINTERS:

Dorothy :bravo: :bravo:
Lisa: :bravo: :bravo:

Boy, when I make these things, I don't pay much attention to them until they are done. I love to dance, but that wouldn't be it, I am a writer, a singer, a cook, a decorator, but I think I would like to be a diet guru because I would like to be the ONE person who cut through the BS and wasn't just MAKING MONEY off of people but would really like for them to lose weight. Many people have started out that way with good intentions and ended up on the other side hawking their own pills, shakes, bars etc. I can name several, Atkins, Dr Phil, Richard Simmons, and the list goes on and on. I don't find ANYTHING wrong with making money, but when you start out with a program, dising pill taking and the like and then you end up with your own line of the things I lose respect for you. Maybe one day I will write a book about my weight loss and what it took just to set the record straight! :lol:

Have a good day ladies! CUBS have to do it today or they are out of the running! Sooooooo, GOOOOOOOOOOO CUBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

pjkdreamer
10-05-2003, 10:02 AM
Hello,

I am here!!! Did not post all day yesterday, having withdrawals. Couldnt muster up the energy last night, this crazy work schedule of mine you know. Till 9 Friday night, back at 6:30a, yesterday...hope I get that other job, if for no other reason than better hours!

pts for Friday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water and 1 pt for exercise. Pts for yesterday, 2 pts for program, and 1 pt for water, no exercise, but going to do it before I got to work today at 11...off tomorrow and Tuesday, yeah!!!!!!:D

Silly poll?...I would be recognized as writer, and someone with a Doctorate in Counseling Psychology..I would specialize in women's issues, and weight loss, and I would travel giving seminars and workshops, and offering retreats for overweight folks.

Dorothy, bravo, you are doing well!! Keep up the good work!

:cp:

Lisa, Sandy, and all the rest of you gals, ck in with you later...have a great day!

gma22
10-05-2003, 09:13 PM
Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: :cp: for points.

Sandybrat
10-05-2003, 10:55 PM
CUBS WIN!! CUBS WIN!!
WOOOOO HOOOOOOO Faye!! I got all my points today and only points for h20 and exercise yesterday... went over on calories by 48... damn it... oh well... its a new day and a new week... I am going to stay on program from now on... i will think b4 i do and i will choose wisely! thats my motto from now on! Take care of u ladies!!

Sandy:flow1: :dance:

gma22
10-05-2003, 10:57 PM
CUBS WIN CUBS WIN CUBS WIN! 5-1!!!!!! ON TO THE FINAL SERIES PLAYOFFS WITH THE MARLINS AT WRIGLEY!!!!!

pjkdreamer
10-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Good Monday Chickies,

How are ya??

Faye, glad your cubs one! Personally I am a Braves fan..oh, well there is always next year..............

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water...I HAVE GOT TO EXERCISE!!! HAVENT DONE IT SINCE FRIDAY!!! WHY AM I PROCRASTINATING????

Hope all you chicks have a healthful day, will ck in this afternoon.

Toodles:wave:

gma22
10-06-2003, 09:31 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission this week to to WIPE OUT PROCRASTINATION! No matter what part of our weight loss we are hedging with, we need to get tough, get strong and get back to business.

This mission points 5 fingers right at me girls, so don't think I did it to point at you! I am getting past my sloppy behaviour and doing what is right for me and my body!

We have the opportunity to clean up our act with our challenge again this week and that is what we are going to do!!!!!!

OUR POINTS THIS MORNING:

SandyB :bravo: :grouphug:
Pam: :cp:

Pam: Ooops didn't think about you being an Atlanta Braves fan, sorry. They are a spectacular team, our pitching is just so hot that it holds down the runs and Kerri Woods pitched last night and was HOT. Just think that they have been in post season play for something like 12 years straight proving just how terrifc they are and our little Cubbies have been out of it since 1908! I give all the credit to the new general manager who got Dusty Baker on board and then the midseason choices he made to round out the team. Now if we could strengthen the relief pitching we would really be set.

Today is clean the downstairs day and I have to get hopping. I have lots to do in the house and get my exercise in this morning as well.

Later ladies!

Mirabelly
10-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

I'm Baaaaackk.......Gosh, it seems like forever since I posted, but I guess it's only been 3 days. There's too much for me to catch up on, so I hope everyone has been doing well!

I knew I was going to eat alot this weekend, and I did.....however, our cook did a great job of not overloading the fat and calories. So, I think with all the walking and extra work I did living back in time, I probably came out about even. So, no points, but no harm done either.

We spent Friday through Sunday living in the 1790's.....complete with sleeping 11 people (4 adults and 7 kids!) in a cabin about the size of my spare bedroom! The body heat kept us all fairly warm, but my hips are bruised from sleeping on a dirt floor! Ah well, it's great to be media free and out in the fresh air all weekend.... I love it!

So, I'm in on the 5 day challenge! Got dance class tonight, so I'm not too worried about today. I did get dehydrated this weekend, so I gotta really push the water today.

Talk to you all later!

Hugs,
Julie

happy dance dot
10-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Good morning girls.

Sorry for being MIA. Gizmo b-day was fun and I got to spend time with my family. I lost another 2.5lbs so I am happy about that. Like they say "slow and steady wins the race":lol:

Julie...glad to hear you had a nice weekend.

Pam...just do it girl and you'll feel great after
:D Kepping my fingers crossed for you getting that job.

Lisa...good luck with your new gadgets...I'm sure you'll have fun.:)

Well, girls take care I'll check in later.

friendsforfitness
10-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Well, Saturday I got all 4 points, But Sunday, I only got my exercise in. Great challenge and mission this week Faye. Thanks for this thread. i hope everyone has a great day! Silly pole for me would definitely be a diet guru for people who need to lose 100 pounds or more. This is an area that I feel there isn't enough focus on.

Lisa

:wizard:

Sandybrat
10-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Just checking in to say hello to u all!!! I love the challenge Faye... you inspired me to get my butt on this iron horse machine that i picked up at a local thrift store... i did 6 reps of 15 today... i also did my yoga and pilates. Exercise is my biggest procrastination... so i will exercise everyday this week! Rmember to take care of u..

ps... i will do 4 more reps of 15 to make it 10 a day....and i will do this for the week!

Amanda Panda
10-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Hi I'm back!

I need help badly!! I have completely lost the plot on my diet due to PMS. This is the second month in a row that this has happened - I feel so bad that I just DON'T CARE about anything. I have over eaten so much and not taken any exercise as I've felt soooo tired and lethargic. Now I feel really bad about myself and feel I've undone all my good work - and I'm finding it hard to get my motivation and self discipline into gear to get back on track. I can't let this happen every month as it will forever be a case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Now I've got a craving for fat which really isn't helping - I've had cheese everyday for the past 4 days!

I'm so fed up and need your help and support!

love Amanda xx

friendsforfitness
10-06-2003, 03:24 PM
Amanda,

Hang in there, the best thing is you have recognized your problem now you have to come up with a plan of attack. If there's anyway you can get the bad stuff out of your house you'd be better off to do it. Give it away, throw it away, whatever it takes. You have been working too hard to give up now girlie! Think about how great you felt when you were O/P. Revel in it. Think about how great you'll feel when you get to your goals. Make a promose to yourself that this self destruction mode you've entered will come to a stop right now. You're worth it. Get outside in the sun it's a natural mood enhancer. Take a brisk walk even if only for 10 minutes, it will bring back those good healthy feelings again and you'll probably end up walking even farther. You can do this, just dig deep down and grab that positive and motivating side of yourself and pull it back out. You are usually so upbeat and I know you can get past this. Look all over this site until you find someone who feels worse than you and give them some encouragement, it will do wonders for lifting your own spirits. Fight this and fight it hard Amanda! We are all here for you.

Lisa

gma22
10-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Lisa: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

Amanda: Listen sweety, I was going through the same thing since the 28th on a different level, mine being peri-menopausal. I was eating everything that was bad for me, not getting in enough water and missed a couple days exercise which you know is my BIG thing. I was so exhausted I couldn't do anything (one of the symptoms of menopause that I have). I forced myself to get cleaned up, put on some exercise clothes and go over to the mall and walk on Saturday. I walked for 50 minutes (about 2.5 miles) and I can't tell you how much better I felt. You have to remember that exercise in any form will release endorphins and they in turn make you feel happy and content so you HAVE to get exercise in! It made all the difference for me. NOW YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME ABOUT THIS TOO! FORGET EVERYTHING YOU DID BAD I DON'T CARE HOW AWFUL IT WAS. You are on a new page and we are here to help you. You are going to be strong again and get back to where you need to be. Hang tough and stay away from the cheese, get in some exercise even though you don't feel like it, it will make you feel better I guarantee! I did 60 minutes on the glider, got my water in and stayed OP today and I know you can too! We will conquer this female crap together!

friendsforfitness
10-06-2003, 09:31 PM
Hi all! Just checking in.

Amanda, stop by and let me know how you are. :)

I stayed O/p today, WATP 1 mile today, 27 crunches, and 30 minutes of floor exercises. I don't think I've gotten all my water in though.

Have a nice relaxing evening,
Lisa

gigglez
10-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Evening ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA. Work calls! Have been 8 days now getting in all 4 points! Hard to believe but I have pulled it off somehow.

Faye, I am glad that you are using the cream. There are so many women out there that have no clue about it. Aside from helping with the"change", it is also very helpful to women with endo. I was going to use it after my hyst but due to my heart condition it wasn't a wise choice. I guess that I am the lucky one. Got the change thing all over with.

Amanda, Lisa is right get rid of the stuff in the house that calls your name. Get movin somehow, I know how that evil monster can affect you, been there done that too long, but I always had luck with just gettin up and walkin even if it was around the yard. Heating pads also helped me feel so better.

I'm in for the challenge! I also have made myself a mini challenge. I am able to wear some 14s but I have 2 pair that are tight and they are going to fit great by the 5th of Nov!

I missed the poll but I think that I would like to be know for helpin find a cure for endo. I am sick and tired of this incureable disease. This is one thing that takes over you life totally and it isn't pleasant what it does to you. There are way too many women that suffer from this for there not to be major research on it. I often wonder it was made more visable to the public then something might happen somewhere in the near future.

Sorry to ramble on but that is something that I believe stongly in. Everyone have the best week ever!

sandy

gma22
10-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Sandy: Please let us know when you find out what the doctor and you have decided about the pain etc you told us about. I know that the rest of the ladies as well as myself are concerned about you. The cream does an incredible amount of good for me. I would never have thought it possible, but it does. I did find something unusual though. I was putting it on my upper chest/neck area and my sister said the stuff she has says not to continually put it in the same area because it builds up or something and quits working, but the month I changed it up and put it elsewhere that I had a pulse (the inside of my arms) I had a lot of blood clotting and cramping with my period when that had really calmed down so I went back to putting it on my chest.

Talk to you ladies in the AM

Mirabelly
10-07-2003, 07:56 AM
Morning Chickies!

A 4 point day for me yesterday.......gotta run, though, I'm late.

Amanda, Keep your chin up! you can do this........Try keeping track of your cycles on a calendar. That way you KNOW when these feelings are going to hit, and you can be prepared for them. It's usually when pms sneaks up on you that it can totally wreck your life!

Later all, stay :strong:
Julie

Sandybrat
10-07-2003, 08:08 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! All 4 for me yesterday as well!! I agree with Julie Amanda... try keping track on the calendar so u know when the pms is coming. Being prepared for it may help u out alot. And we have all been there hon, and its a pain... but we are strong and we will help u thru this... and anything else that comes your way.
I am sore today, but its a good sore... that machine made me realize i have muscles i had forgotten about...LOL I even went for a walk after dinner last night!! I have a doctors appointment on Friday... anual physical and need to reup my meds... i really need to get back on the birth control pills... they help out so much with my moods. I also need a new prescrition for my celexa. I am going to a new doctor so i hope she is as nice as the last. Well... guess i have babbled on enuf here for now... rememeber to take care of U!! Love you all....

gma22
10-07-2003, 10:07 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and we are going to target our OUTSIDE this week. Let's not neglect how we look ladies. Make an effort to dress nicely, hair, makeup etc. It will give you a real lift and you will be amazed how dfferent people react to a well groomed person!

POINTS FOR THIS MORNING!

Julie :bravo: great job Julie, keep it up!
Sandy B: :bravo: You are doing terrific too!
Me::bravo: back on track and kicking BUTT!

Gotta get out the door and get in a walk. Check back later!

Amanda: The ladies all have really good advice for you! I know you are past this and back to normal! You are a strong lady!

pjkdreamer
10-07-2003, 10:23 AM
Good Morning Chicklets,

How are you all?

Pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water, and YES, 1 PT FOR EXERCISE!!! YAHOOOOZERS! I did it after being lazy since Friday, I really do feel better when I do it. Imagine that:?:

Amanda, love to you girl, we are here for you, whenever you need us. :love: to you.

Sandy, aka Gigglez, great to see you back here again.
:D

Mirabelly, sounds like a good time, minus sleeping on a dirt floor. we are really spoiled you know it? Nice soft, comfy, cushy beds. :lol:

To all of I missed, I love you! Hope you have a great day.. Stay :strong:

happy dance dot
10-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Hi girls...not sure if I posted yesterday, but I got 4pts for Monday.

Amanda...:flow2: ...hope that helps bring a smile...these girls rock they have given good advice..I agree with them.

Pam...great! You did it. Good for you:high:

Well, take care girls gotta run.

gma22
10-07-2003, 01:15 PM
MORE GREAT POINTS!:

Pam :bravo:
Dorothy :bravo:

I went for a walk and got lost this morning on the side streets (they don't feed into each other, it is like a maze in this neighborhood) so I just kept walking until I found my way out of the neighborhood! lol

I am so very proud of all of you. You have worked so hard and are doing so well. I had a young woman from the message board on Dr Phil.com contact me and I encouraged her to come here. I don't know if she will or not. His message boards are awful. You have to go through 1000's of posts to find the one you want and she was very discouraged. I admire how you women have put aside a long term discouragement and keep chugging along. We can't always be perfect and we are going to have some slip and falls, but that is just part of life. We have to just pick ourselves back up, dust ourselves off and keep going. I have always firmly believed in putting negative stuff behind you and focus on what's up ahead and what we have up ahead of us is better health, better bodies, and an overall better way of looking at life and how we handle eating. YOU GO GIRLS!

Faye;)

gigglez
10-07-2003, 03:18 PM
Faye your sister is right about alternating the places to rub the cream. When I was using I found that my stomach as well as my bottom was a good place to rub it.

I already have done something for my outter self. Last night I touched up my hair color. At least all of my grey wont be showing! Time to run catch you all later!

sandy

pjkdreamer
10-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Evening,

Just popped in to say goodnight to all:faint:

gma22
10-08-2003, 06:20 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. Have a problem? Feel free to share with us!

Sandy: Thanks for the info on the cream. I will try it those two places.

I stayed up late watching the CUBS and they lost and really shouldn't have, but there are 6 more games!

I will check back in later when you are all up and around!

Faye :)

gigglez
10-08-2003, 06:39 AM
Morning ladies!

Yesterday I got the results of my cancer testing back. I was so happy that I went to DQ and had a cone! Oh well, I don't care that I went off plan I was so happy. I found out that I have new endo growth. I know that the pain isn't going to help my quality of life but at least it wasn't cancer. Got to get a move on this morning got to get Corey ready for school. Catch y'll later.

sandy

Mirabelly
10-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Morning girls!

Sandy, I'm so glad to hear you're ok! I would treat myself to a heck of alot more than a cone if I found out I didn't have cancer....don't sweat over it!!!

I got 4 points yesterday, but I seriously need to be working out harder. I've been just barely getting by with the exercise lately.

Not much happening here, gotta bring the kids to school.

Later,
Julie

friendsforfitness
10-08-2003, 07:53 AM
Congratulations Sandy! I'm very happy for you!

I just wanted to check in and say that yesterday was good O/P, exercise was good, but water was not again. Dunno what's wrong suddenly with my lack of water. I'm working on it though. I'm using someone's idea with the hairbands today, let's hope it helps.

Good day to all!
Lisa

Sandybrat
10-08-2003, 09:27 AM
YAHOOOOOOOO for Sandy!!! I am happy to hear its not cancer and glad u are alright. U deserved that cone!! Probably more...LOL!! I got all 4 yesterday... i have ben pushing myself with the exercise... i did do my iron horse yesterday and my yoga. I am a bit sore today... but i took some advil so i will yoga today and iron horse. I am really getting to like this exercise thing...lol and even if this feeling should pass... i NEED to do it everyday!!! so i just will. LOL Ya know Faye... it WAS a great game tho wasnt it!!! and yes theres still 6 games left!! Hope everyone has a FABULICIOUS day.... take care of u!! Love to u all...

gma22
10-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Sandy: We are all so happy for you in one way, but is there nothing that can be done about the new growths except surgery? I never had endo problems so I am not very well informed and didn't even know they grew outside the uterus. We will still say prayers for you that you pain improves etc.

POINTS POINTS POINTS!

SandyB: :bravo:
Julie: :bravo:
Lisa: :cp:
Me: :grouphug:

Gotta get going and get the upstairs cleaned today so better hustle!

jloo1957
10-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Hello Ladies...I am back...it has been a very trying time for my children,and I really believe that I have been depressed...I need to snap out of this..I feel like I have been going through the motions...being there for my chilren..hurting with them and for them..they are doing much better,and I want to do better...I have tried to keep them up,focused on good things...they all have times that it hits them...this is by far the toughest thing that I have ever had to do....I want to get back on track...I had taken a serious outlook on my life and what i want to do to make the healthiest and best I can...so I am ready ...to get it in gear...I need your help ladies ..and thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers and kind words...I love yall...Joy

Amanda Panda
10-08-2003, 01:10 PM
THANK YOU ALL YOU WONDERFUL LADIES!! :grouphug:

Sorry I've not checked in - Nigel has been hogging the computer:ink:

I'm feeling alot better - I'm not quite back where I was, but I'm getting there!

Thank you all so much for your love and support - I love you all!

I do record all my dates so I know when PMS is coming - it's just that when I'm in the middle of it I can get totally overwhelmed and stop thinking rationally! I think the fact that I suffer from depression makes it worse - so I don't know what is depression and what is PMS. I feel more myself now and will start posting my points again tomorrow. I haven't weighed myself as I'm sticking to my once a month weigh in.

Thanks to you all , I'm so happy to be here with you!

Love Amanda xx

PS - Glad you are back Joy, I've been thinking about you alot. You are grieving so take it easy on yourself - no one expects you to 'bounce back' so soon. We love you!

happy dance dot
10-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Hi girls.

Sandy- I am glad to hear its not cancer...and don't worry about the cone you deserved it;)

Joy-Welcome back. We are all here for you. I know this time is hard for everyone in different ways and you go through different stages, but you always hit the point when you know you need to pick yourself up and not let yourself go. For you and your children. You and your kids are in my prayers.;)

Amanda-glad to know you're feeling better. Lately, PMS really hits me hard too. Its weird before it never really did, only my periods were bad, but now I too deal with bad PMS episodes. The mood swings are the worst...Andy already knows how to spot them and has learned to deal with them better instead of making them worse.:lol: I also tend to get a bit depressed, especially in the fall and winter...seasonal depression I guess.:(

SandyB, Julie, Lisa...you're all doing great...keep it up.

My only woe today is my stomach isn't feeling too good and I feel a bit nauseous...might be the meds acting up again. :?:

But on a happy note, suprisingly enough Andy is still sober:lol: . I know it is not a funny matter, but I am a bit shocked. We haven't argued at all and he has really been helping around the house when he comes down. He's been really optimistic about his future plans with his life and me in it. He also got a small raise in his job so I guess that also helps and he's been giving me money to save for him. Hmmmm maybe there is hope:^:

Faye...just wanted to thank you for starting this thread. You and the girls have added a ray of light into my life. Thank you.:flow2: :grouphug:

Take care all

gma22
10-08-2003, 01:54 PM
We stick together ladies in the bad and the good! One of the great things about the ladies on this thread is that you DO provide a positive environment for everyone that comes here and that was my main focus. We cannot all be little happy campers all the time and life surely gives us lemons from time to time, but we can support each other when things are bad and encourage each other knowing that there is ALWAYS! the other side of the mountain. Sometimes it takes a long time to climb the high side of the mountain. There may be jagged rocks, snow, ice, animals and just plain fear, but we know that if we just keep going we will reach the top sooner or later and be able to go down the other side into the beautiful valley!

For Joy who is helping her children deal with their grief we love and miss you and you are in our thoughts all the time even when we don't post it!

For Amanda who is struggling right now, know that we struggle with you because we come from the same place as you no matter what our weight loss circumstances may be! You are almost to the top of that mountain and will be able to see the valley soon sweety!

For Dorothy and Missy who have man trouble ups and downs. Believe me if there were something perfect to marry besides a man, I would have sought it out. The wonderful thing is that they are such unique individuals and their problems and faults may be different than ours, but that is what makes us love them! I know that Andy is going to get to the top of his own mountain as it looks like he is trying hard to do so and Missy I know that you are such a smart lady that your choices will always be the best for you!

For Pam, who is such a tower of strength for us all. You have great courage lady and have done more than you probably expected of yourself. You have attacked the animals in your way, thrown rocks down behind you that have hindered you, stuck on your snowshoes when the footing was slippery and you just keep pressing on! I am so very proud of you!

For my two Sandy's: You exhibit great courage when things are going bad for you. Sandy, you knuckle under and pull something out of yourself to help you deal with your illness and continue to help me deal with my small insignificant problem and SandyB you inspire us to want to do better with our lives by example.

For dear sweet belly shaking Julie: You came here probably not knowing how us fat ladies would react to someone that bellydances. You have taught us wonderful things about your craft and shown us just what a beautiful dance it is. You have allowed us to sling an arm over your shoulder when we need it and have pulled us up that mountain from time to time when we feel we just can't go on.

For dear sweet Lisa: You are one of our newer friends, but no less important. You give us encouragment all the time and make us think about ourselves by the good example that you lead! We are proud of you and what you are accomplishing with your life!

To the ladies I have missed. The ones that peek in and don't post or have left us like Shauna, Beledgirl, Sandy peek, Sarah, Tonya, Ritu, Lee and the rest. You have each given of yourself from time to time to make this thread a wonderful place to come. No woman could ever be prouder of a group of friends than I am of you. I thank you from the bottom of my heart and wish that each of you succeed far above what you ever dreamed!

I love each and every one of you!

Sandybrat
10-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Thank you Faye... u just made my day!! U really do have a gift you know... u write with words from the heart, and make everyone who reads it feel better. Again, a deep and heartfelt Thank You!

Sandy

jloo1957
10-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Faye,you are such a heartfelt ,sweet and loving person...Thank you for being who you are...Joy:dizzy: :D

gigglez
10-08-2003, 08:16 PM
Faye, thanks you so much for your heartfelt words. You have the must unique ability to touch everyone deeply with your words. You have been a rock of support for each and everyone of us here.

Joy, my prayers are with you and your children.

Dot, I am happy that Andy is still sober. I know that he will make it thru and you all will as well.

Time is short and I have to get for now.

sandy

friendsforfitness
10-08-2003, 08:17 PM
What a beautiful post Faye. thank you so much for your kind words. You are a huge inspiration for me. I truly enjoy your positive encouragement and support.

I am proud to be a part of this,
Lisa

PS oops! I almost forgot....I just took the last swallow of my water for the day!!! I made it, finally! I did the 1 mile WATP video, went for a 2mile bike ride and 28 crunches. I also have stayed O/P all day.

gma22
10-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Girls, I am coming to you again to ask for prayers for someone. I met a lady who lives here in Memphis about 18 months ago right here on 3fc. She is this sweetheart of a lady and always so supportive of what I do. We walk together every other tues and Thur and she now needs prayer. She is having to have a hysterectomy AND gall bladder removal on the 23rd and I think she is terrified of cancer. She is such a wonderful person and I know she is terribly frightened. Please say a prayer for her. You gals are the best!

Sandybrat
10-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Faye, I will remember her in my prayers tonight and for the next few weeks... I had an excellent day today!! Did my yoga, and my iron horse... did NOT eat after 7pm and stayed under my 1800 calories!! I think i am getting the hang of this stuff!! LOL
I sure hope so!! I made my meatloaf for dinner tonight and it turned out FAB( if i do say so myself)lol and i served it with veggies(broc, caul, and carrots) with a cheese sauce. It was quite filling and i even have 2 slices left for my lunch tomorrow!
Well i have babbled on enuf for tonight... sleep well everyone and sweet dreams!

gma22
10-09-2003, 06:24 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Make Time for YOU today!

SandyB: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points.

Ladies, the electrician is coming at 8 am to rewire the condo and bring it up to code like I told you had to be done so it is likely I will be without electricity today. Just wanted you to know in case I don't do points all day and haven't checked in. I am really looking forward to being without lights, tv, ac and the computer today you know. WHOOOPEEE!:mad: Has to be done even though it is going to seriously lighten our checkbook!

Have a superb day ladies and TAKE CARE OF YOU TODAY!

Faye:dizzy:

Mirabelly
10-09-2003, 09:59 AM
Morning Ladies,

Wow, I'm gone for an afternoon and you gals go all sappy on me :) Thanks for the kind words, Faye......this really is a special place for all of us. I'm so grateful that I found it.

3 points for yesterday....I didn't exercise at all. What's up with me???? I don't understand it. I like to exercise, I just get so wrapped up in everything that has to get done during the day that I'm exhausted by evening. Gotta get back on track in the mornings.

Speaking of which, gotta go.............stay strong everyone! Will check back later.

Julie

pjkdreamer
10-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Good Day Ladies,

pts for yesterday: 1pt for water. YEP, THAT'S IT, JUST ONE MEASLEY POINT...NO EXERCISE, AND NO PTS FOR STAYING ON FOOD PLAN! WHY?? 2 WORDS "FRENCH FRIES".....UGH!!:o but, today is another day!! back on track I am!!!

Faye honey, thanks for the kind words, you are one of the kindest friends I have ever had, and even though we have never met face to face, I feel I can certainly call you that....I so appreciate your love and support, as we all do.;) My thoughts and prayers are with the lady you were speaking of.

Mirabelly, HELLLLLLLLLO, NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN:lol:

Joy, sweetie, I missed you. I know it is difficult now, but, it will get easier, I know you have heard that so much lately, but it will. I love you, I hope you know that, come talk to us any time.

Sandy b, Sandy, Lisa, Amanda, and Dot, all of you chickies, have a "mahvelous" day. Stay strong.

jloo1957
10-09-2003, 11:47 AM
Hello Ladies..thank all of you for your kind words and prayers...it is so good to be back here..knowing all the love and support that I get from all of you is such a blessing for me....I will certainly keep that ladie in my prayers and thoughts... I get all four points for yesterday..which is the first day since all this has happened that I really have done so....and it felt goodI walked 3 miles with my 2 youngest[they rode their bikes and mom walked...] but I felt so much better though...it is going to be okay...at first I didn't want t o do anything,and I would cry at the drop of a hat...I still have times...like when one of my DAUGHTERS MAILED ME APOEM CALLED" DADDY DONT GO" IT LITERALLY BROKE MY HEART LASTNIGHT....she was upset when she found out that it made me cry...sometimes I wish I wasn't so tenderhearted...but I know they have to deal with this too...enough of this...I will do this ...get HEALTHIER THAN EVER....ONE DAY A T A TIME .....I LOVE ALL OF YOU ..AND THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE...LOVE AND HUGS ...:) :) WILL CHECK IN LATER...JOY

SuGyong
10-09-2003, 11:59 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Lee Ann. Julie (Mirabelly) introduced me to this website (and thread), and I was wondering... do you have room for one more on your point system..?
:)

Starting and current: 160
Goal: 130

happy dance dot
10-09-2003, 03:05 PM
SuGyong-welcome...hope you like it here. I am hooked:dizzy:

Faye- I will keep her in my prayers. Come back soon...hope the electricity is back on soon for you.

Yesterday I messed up with the program. I didn't really cheat, but I had to use my flex points:mad: . grrrrrr...TOM is right around the corner mocking me:p and therefore I am turning into a piglet:ink: :joker: . Really hard to resist food right now:( . I am trying to make the best of it though. First I only used about 4 of the 35 flex pts and today I've only had low pt foods to kinda make up for yesterday.

I think my next goal will be to really plan ahead when Andy comes down because then we go out or order food and that's when the temptation begins...with food.;) For example, yesterday I was babysitting my two nephews and we ordered a pizza pie. There was half a slice left over and I wasn't able to resist eating half of that half of slice and a garlic knot:mad:.

Sorry if I am rambling, but lately I've noticed I been keeping within my points, but what I do eat isn't soo healthy and I haven't been eating as many veges as I should. Well, I guess that will be my next goal...eating healthier as I stay within my point range.

Anyway, so yesterday I only got 1 pt for program, but I really didn't want to use my flex pts yet.:(

Okay, now I really need to stop rambling:lol: :dizzy: Tonight I will go and spend some quality time with....:queen:ME.

Take care girls.

Satine
10-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Hello Ladies - Long time no talk, huh? I have so been MIA, I have been really busy lately and not much time on the computer, but I have been lurking around trying to keep touch with some things...so many new people on here, Hello!
I am still hovering around the same weight that I was a while ago and that is frustrating so I guess I have not been feeling very cheerful about getting on and posting...shame on me!!
Well "hello" to everyone and keep up the good work!!!!

gma22
10-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Lee Ann: We have room for any and all! Welcome to you. as soon as I give out the points, I will give you some info on all of us!
You feel free to join in on any or all challenges, topics, and points. If you read the very first post of the thread it gives you some heads up info on everything! We do have a challenge for this week of having 4 points for each day. We are not doing so hot though, but we are going to pick ourselves up and get back into the race!

Well the electrical work is all done to the tune of $600 but at least the condo is up to code now. Now I have to clean up all the messes he made everywhere!

POINTS FOR TODAY ARE:

Me: :grouphug:
Pam: :flow2:
Julie: :cp:
Joy: :bravo:

Lee Ann, here is info on a bunch of us!

Hi, my name is Faye, I am almost 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

SN: Honeyrose29
I am a 32 yr old married mom of 5 kids ranging in age from 13.5 to 3. Four boys and a girl. My all-time heaviest weight was 232 and my goal is 130-135. I only have about 10-15 lbs left until I reach my goal but I am really struggling with them. I live in Ohio with my family and a house full of parrots . I do private rescue for unwanted birds and I enjoy and spend a great deal of time quilting which is an art passed to me from my grandmother and I think of her with every stitch . Thats my story!

Julie

35 year old, stay-at-home mom of 3 (9,8,and 4). I live in Maine with my husband and the kids. My highest weight ever was 265 (I was pregnant at the time). I started at 3FC at 241, am currently around 238, and my goal is to be in the low 160s. I am working toward a smaller goal of being under 200 pounds by the end of the year.

Carri ( Satine ) - Hi! I am a 29 year old female, married to my high school sweetheart for 9 1/2 years, no kids but one adorable little westie dog named Les. Have lived in Indiana all of my life. Started to gain my weight right after I was married, I got comfortable and lazy...anyhow have been doing a great job lately, focused and need to lose about 90 pounds for goal. Great to meet you!!!

Hi my name is Amanda. I am 30 years old and live in Sheffield, which is in the north of England, although I am hoping to move to Ireland soon. I have a long term partner, Nigel and a cat called Marley.I am a qualified social worker,currently unemployed. I am a Christian and a vegetarian. My hobbies are reading, especially thrillers, watching comedy on T.V and making cards. I also enjoy going to the gym, although I feel it is too early to call that a hobby!

I have just over 100lbs to lose, but seeing all the successes on these forums is a great inspiration and I know I will do it - and you can too!

Hope you can join us

I'm 37 and I have to kids 15 and 5. I've been married 19 years. I am about to start a janitorial business. I did that before and let it go, now the kids are bigger I'm going at it again. I weigh 170 and have weighed that since the first one was born. I would like to weigh 135 which is what I weighed before she was born. I live in Northa Carolina. I wonder are we close? I don't care if you post any of this. Thanks for everything--Debra Lee

43 years old-lived in the South all my life...and love it! I live with my partner Jane of 8 years. We have a booth at local antique mall, and we enjoy going on treasure hunts to find more....I enjoy reading, mostly books by Southern authors, but will read most anything except Science Fiction, or Harlequin Romances...I enjoy writing, cross-stitching, and other crafts. I love to cook....and now I love to exercise!!! (well I don't really love it....but I feel so much better, so I do it whether I want to or not, and it makes me feel great!) I am ever so thankful that I am able to do it now. I spend a lot of time with my mother, sister and my 2 beautiful neices, Nikki and Angie (21 and 19), they are the joys in my life. I currently work as a Switchboard Operator at an answering service where I have been for the last 2 1/2 yrs. Next fall I plan on returning to college (have to exercise this old mind too!) to obtain my Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology...I graduated from Athens State University....waaaaaaay back in 1985!! Well, ladies that's me in a nutshell!! I am loving life these days, and so very grateful to have found this forum and all of you wonderful gals!! Couldn't do this without you. Together we are a united force! Pam

single mommy of one lovey soon to be 7 yr old son going on 30. Lost over 40 lbs back in 2001 weight came back in 2002 when i discovered that I had endo. the pain meds and the lupron helped with that matter. restarted my weight loss on 2/6/3 date of hyst. sw 213 cw 177 goal 150. i am realistic in my goal i know with a large bone structure i will look awful if i go lower. i do ww bbut since june when i found out that richard was leaving i have just been aiming ot eat right, i am now able to get it back on tract and the workouts are in the process of getting to where they need to be but it is hard working 2 jobs and being a mommy to get it all in. Sandy/Gigglez

Hello,my name is Joy Lee,and I currently live in Sylvester,Georgia. I am 46 years young and I weigh 258 lbs at this time..I have been working out and watching what eat ,keeping it low fat and healthy as possible..I started out at 329 lbs,which was my highest weight ever...I have lost down to where I am now in about 8 months..mainly by the exercise and healthy eating..I do a lot of walking and strength training ,sometimes adding an exercise video..I am very active,as I have 5 children ,ages 27 to 7 years old,and a 2 year old grandchild{ girl}...I have 2 boys and 3 girls,2 of which are still at home...we do a lot of family activities,sports,family hikes and theme parks,so I really stay on the go and stay very busy. I have a goal weight of 180,which I hope to be there by summer of 2004 . I am looking for all the support I can get,and be able to give all that I can.

Hi! My name is Ritu and I'm from India. I have 2 children, a son 19 and a daughter 17. Both my kids are in college. Till recently I was a stay at home mom so I'm finding the 'empty nest' a bit difficult to handle. Fortunately, I started a small business of my own a couple of years ago, so that keeps me busy. I'm also very lucky in that I have amazing friends and family. I have been a yo-yo dieter for the past 18 years -I only put on weight after my pregnancy before which I weighed 110 lbs. I started dieting 18 yrs. ago at 150 lbs., and since have been up and down zillion times. I now weigh 176 lbs, my highest ever. I lost 32 lbs. last year and have gained them all back plus 5 more this year. But this time I know I will succeed.

My name is Sandy, and i am 40 years old. I have been married to my best friend for going on 11 years. We have 3 beautiful kidlets... a 10 year old daughter and 2 sons 7 and 4. I like to read and play on this machine... but my passion these days is painting and redocorating... i think i have painted almost every piece of furniture in my home...lol I only have a couple more to do... and i have to redo my kitchen table as my daughter and her friend decided to "do" their nails on it... so there are a few bald spots...Oh well... I am determinded to loose this weight and come out of my shell. I wish everyone the same ...

Screen name: mugirl213
I am 25 and currently residing with my parents in Reading, PA (like the railroad from Monopoly). I work in advertising for Boscov's, which is the largest family-owned department store in the US. I am not married, nor do I have any children, but I am coming off of some recent drama dealing with 2 boyfriends. Long story, but I'm on the straight and narrow now. I belong to a gym which I have been attending 6 days of the week (Saturday's off) and I count calories and try to stay under 1300 daily. I have 2 parents, 1 dog, some fish, a sister, a brother-in-law, 2 nephews, 2 grandparents and a partridge in a pear tree.

friendsforfitness
10-09-2003, 03:22 PM
:cry: "Waaaaaa" "Waaa" How come I didn't get any points??

Not feeling the love Faye, :lol:

Lisa

happy dance dot
10-09-2003, 03:27 PM
I guess I don't get my 1 pt either...lol so don't feel bad Lisa.

gma22
10-09-2003, 08:05 PM
Ok, you TWO! I do have a defense. Dorothy, you and Carri were posting at the same time as I by the look of our posting time and I haven't been back on and Lisa, the last post for you, I wasn't sure whether you were talking about the 8th or the 9th as the post is dated the 8th. One thing EVERYONE CAN DO to help me out is to make sure you say, "I got one point for yesterday" or whatever so that I know where the heck I am at. You know you are dealing with an old partially senile lady here! I do appologize that you didn't NOT get your smileys so here goes:

Dorothy: YOU GOT A: :bravo:
Lisa: YOU GET A: :bravo: (I think that is right? see below)

PS oops! I almost forgot....I just took the last swallow of my water for the day!!! I made it, finally! I did the 1 mile WATP video, went for a 2mile bike ride and 28 crunches. I also have stayed O/P all day.

Carri: I have been really remiss in not trying to get in touch with you and make sure everything is ok. I try to juggle all this and sometimes get lost as to who is what, but that is NO excuse and I appologize. I DO hope you are able to come back and start posting again!

Oh you guys, I had the best time tonight. Tomorrow is Jack's 54th birthday so I took him to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. I had never been there before and didn't know what they did for a person's birthday. Oh my gosh, they took Jack out of the booth, put him in the middle of the restaurant, tied a grass skirt on him, a lei, a bikini top and a straw hat. They then proceeded to tell everyone to sing him happy birthday and he had to do the hula. If he stopped before the song was over everyone was to stop until he started again and we would all start from the beginning. Jack was a totally good sport about it and hulaed the heck out of his skirt! I am laying down in the booth dying laughing because if you knew my husband, he HATES being the center of attention let alone making a spectacle of himself. I would have killed for a camera! He was just sooooo adorable! Needless to say, I am NOT OP for today.

Everyone have a great evening!

Sandybrat
10-09-2003, 08:43 PM
i got all 4 today. and no eating again after 7... its becoming a habit! A good one at that. Faye, my son Hunter loves JOes crab shack... his grandparents in Cincinnati take them there...lol Glad you guys had a good time! It's been kinda of a weird day for me... its my brothers birthday today and i have been doing whatever i can NOT to think about that. but as the darkness falls so come the memories... Feeling kinda blue, and alone... guess i will just have to get a good cry out and move on...
I will talk to u all in the AM... have a good night! sweet dreams....

Sandy

happy dance dot
10-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Faye- glad you had fun...btw did he like the poem????

Sandy- From the little I can make out I guess your brother passed away? Please excuse me if this isn't so, but if it is how long ago??? My brother passed away 6yrs ago and I still struggle with it, especially because we were never clear on the cause of death. He was a private investigator in the end, but had also been involved with the govt before and well, you know how that goes. He was like my hero and I really looked up to him, thus crushing me for about two yrs completely...now I am starting to learn to accept it and move on, yet I can say I will never forget him and carry him in my heart every second of my life. I know such a loss is awfully hard...all I can tell you is to try to hang in there.

Sandybrat
10-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Yes happy, he passed away in August. He would hve been 43 today. I know hes with me and always in my heart but sometimes it just gets overwhelming... and you know... i couldnt cry today... i start then stop... i know i am not letting myself but guess it will have to wait til everyones asleep... i dont want the kids to see me. Dont think i will be getting to bed at a decent hour tonite... sleep is the farthest thing from my mind right now... guess i will lurk her a while and surf the net. Maybe i wilkl pop in later...lol if not cya in the AM...

Sandy

Mirabelly
10-10-2003, 08:39 AM
Morning Girlies! And HI LEE ANN :wave:

Well, it's pounds down Friday......but no pounds down for me. I did get 4 points for yesterday, but only because I'm counting 2 hours of gathering and stacking wood as my exercise. It wasn't strenuous, but as good as a walk.

I'm trying to figure myself out, like why I haven't lost in a couple of weeks. The 18th century weekend has something to do with it, I'm sure. But I've also not had a REALLY good sweat (ie, decent cardio session) in a long time. Also, I bought a new set of dishes from a potter at the museum last weekend. They are sooooo beautiful, but they are larger than the ones I normally eat from. Still, not as big as a normal dinner plate, but definitely bigger than my normal ones.

The visual amount of food I have on my plate makes a HUGE difference in how much I put on that plate, whether I go back for seconds, and whether I feel hungry later. When I started getting serious about losing last year, I bought some very small dinner plates, or very large desert plates, and have been eating off them. They are pretty and I love them, which helps. Guess I need to keep eating off them instead of the new ones for a while. I have banished the full size dinner plates to storage for a while. I may just end up getting rid of them.

I'm feeling like it's time to start strategizing for the holidays. Is it too early? I know I need a PLAN! Cuz I have kids and am a very traditional country person at heart (I know, a traditional country person who belly dances and wears armor :lol: ) I love to cook during the holidays. I cook for my family, I cook for gifts, I have dinner parties and bake cookies for the kids' classes. And I ALWAYS gain at least 10 pounds. CAN"T LET THAT HAPPEN ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

So, any tips you gals can think of would be most welcome! Maybe we should start another thread along these lines, so everyone can benefit.....and give their ideas.

Well, gotta go. I'm helping a friend sew a Medieval gown today. It's probably gonna take a long time and she lives an hour away. So, I'll talk to you ladies tonight or tomorrow.

Oh, and since Lee Ann is being uncharacteristicly quiet about herself, I'll let you in on her scoop.........she bellydances and hits people with sticks too (but only if they're in armor.....usually :) )
Gee, I guess we are kinda strange. Oh well.

Love you gals! Stay strong today.....we still have a challenge to finish!

Julie

pjkdreamer
10-10-2003, 08:44 AM
Good Morning Gals,

(a nephew, when little, grown now!!!!, where does the time go??, anyway he use to say to our collie, "come on gallon":lol: ", same kid on a trip to New Orleans, hailed a cab saying "Maxi pad, Maxi Pad".....instead of taxi cab, get it??, oh, well it is cute to me anyway. :D....so "gallons, lets shake a leg today":strong: :jig: :cb:

pts for yesterday, back up on the old horse, and back in the proverbial saddle yesterday. All 4 pts!! 1 pt for exercise, got my 2 miles in, and 2 program pts, and 1 for my h2o!

Faye, where are ya this am, chickie?

Sandyb, my heart goes out to you....your brother will always be with you because of the love you two shared, and the love you still feel for him. Hugs coming your way honey

:grouphug: you too Dot, you will always miss him. My Dad would have been 71 tomorrow had he lived, he died about 7 years ago, with a heart attack (his third). There is not a day that goes by that I do not carry his memory close to me....and that song that Luther Vandross has out now, "Dance With My Father". beautiful!!and I would "love to dance with my father again". We never know when the last time we speak with someone, or the last time we see them, if it will be "the last time".....for me there are lessons in that...hold your loved one's close and let them know what they mean to you...I am ever grateful to have ALL of you in my life. You girls are the best!

Welcome Lee Ann! thrilled to have you join us! you will get more love and support here than you could EVER imagine!! Looking forward to getting to know you. "COME VISIT OFTEN"

SATINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME BACK, SO WONDERFUL TO HEAR FROM YOU, STICK AROUND A WHILE..............

Today, I am getting "re-focused", getting "Real", (a dr philism!), I have come this far, and I will never go back!!!! back to life as it was....NOPE I REFUSE TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE BEING FAT! o DESERVE BETTER, (AS WE ALL DO!!);)

TO remind me from which I came.....sw 356/June 5, 2003/cw 316-40 lbs gone forever! Next goal: lose 50 lbs, by 10/31, next goal: lose 75 lbs by 2/04, next goal: lose 100 lbs by 7/4, "My independence day"...Declaring myself (today), independent, and moving in a "forward direction", anyone care to join me????, I have to give myself a "reality check" every once in a while!, and get my #@*back in gear.........:lol: :lol: :lol:

later girlies;)

gma22
10-10-2003, 08:59 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous lbs down Friday. WE HAVE TO MAKE THIS DAY MORE IMPORTANT GIRLS! YOU KNOW WE ARE SLIPPING WHEN IT COMES TO LBS DOWN AND I DON'T MEAN JUST REPORTING THEM! I MEAN GETTING ALL 4 POINTS EVERYDAY!

OUR POINTS SO FAR:

Pam :bravo: GOOD FOR YOU!
SandyB: :bravo: EXCELLENT JOB!
Julie: :bravo: SUPERB!
Me: :flow2:

Ok, I think we need to have a discussion here. First off, always remember I am pointing at myself first and foremost. Everyone has a bad day from time to time, but we seem to be allowing ourselves more and more bad days don't we. We are getting sloppy and if we want to win this battle we cannot. 6-8 weeks ago a challenge like I put out would have been met with huge enthusiasm and a LOT of winners, but I am not sure how many will even end with the challenge. I know I didn't and I should be a BIG example here. You know I do not believe in beating myself up over stuff like this, but I am first and foremost responsible for my weight loss program and the blame falls on me!

**My promise to you is that I WILL get back to where I need to be in all aspects of my weight loss program. I sat down and made the grocery list for my menus last night and though I can't get to the commissary until Sunday, I am going to do my best until then.**

Dorothy: Since Jack's bday is today, I haven't given him the poem yet. I will let you know.

Pam: How adorable. I love it when kids say things all mixed up. THE MOTHER OF MY GRANDSON, just to show you it comes natural with him, when she was in kindergarten for show and tell, TOLD the class that "mommy killed daddy's electric fishies." (Jack had a vasectomy! We have never found out who told her that though! We didn't even explain to the kids what he had done when he went in) MAN DID I GET A PHONE CALL ABOUT THAT ONE!!!!!

We are taking stinker to the movies tomorrow to see Good Dog. Should be interesting as we have never taken him to a movie. Thank God for popcorn, which he loves.

Well, I need to get those morning chores done and get water and exercise going!

Sandybrat
10-10-2003, 10:22 AM
GOOD NEWS LADIES!!!! I am DOWN 3 lbs... since its pounds down friday i thought i would weigh myself... am i ever glad i did... I have a physical today fun fun... but thought i would just pop in and tell u the goodnews. Its JUST what i needed! Take care of u .. i love you all...

SuGyong
10-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I have to admit I was feeling a bit nervous about jumping into your group. I was worried that I would just be an intruder.

Julie- LOL! I didn't want to spring that on them until I knew they wouldn't think I'm a Dungeons & Dragons playing geek (which I am.. oh well.)

Ok, so I'll admit up front that I AM a scale addict. Fortunately, I don't let the scales decide what mood I'm in for the day. I just like to know. That's it.

I have to admit that when my weight is a little higher I get serious about my program for the day, and when my weight is less I feel good about my program and stick to it much easier. It sounds dumb, but I lost 30 lbs last year (just before I got preg.) that way.

So yesterday (Thurs.) I got 3 points. I didn't do my exercising because I was so exhausted from the lack of sleep I got the day before. -- Maybe I should explain that. I work nights and take care of my baby days. I sleep when I get home at 3:30 and nap when she does. Yesterday she didn't take her normally hour long naps (she's 3 mos and takes 3 naps a day right now) instead she only slept 10-15min per nap. I was a Zombie!!

Needless to say I didn't have the energy to crunch or dance. I barely had the energy to keep up with Amelia. :)

SuGyong
10-10-2003, 11:51 AM
Oops..
sw:160
cw:156 (it changes pretty drastically depending on if Amelia has just eaten or not..)
gw:130
Sorry.

gma22
10-10-2003, 12:12 PM
Pam: I sometimes listen to WRVR when I am walking and that is a soft rock station and invariably they will play that Vandross song! I love it, but I look like an idiot walking with headphones on balling like a baby! It does it to me everytime. Both my parents are deceased, my dad for nearly 30 years now and my mom 7 and Jack's parents are both dead, his dad died a month before mine to the day and his mom died in 1989 on Valentine's Day. I also have a song that BJ Thomas sings called, "Mama". My son calls me Mama and when I use that CD to walk, the waterworks start. I always pray that no one comes at me on the sidewalk or they will think I am nuts!

LeeAnn: I am taking a big assumption and assuming by your comment that you are breastfeeding? If so, I :cp: :cp: you mightily! My daughter calls herself the breastfeeding **** because she believes in it so strongly. Thomas was breastfed for the first two years of his life. It took some getting used to on our part to get away from the stupid stereotype with breastfeeding, but I am glad we did. Thomas is so healthy because of it and he is a powerhouse 3 year old. YOU GET A: :cp: for points! Terrific job!

Ok, girls, time to move to the next thread so......

Faye;)

gma22
10-10-2003, 12:14 PM
DO NOT POST HERE, BUT JOIN US AT #32

friendsforfitness
10-10-2003, 01:18 PM
I'm Saweeee Faye, :cry: I didn't mean to upset you. You got it though. That was for 8th, thanks. :) Now for the 9th I got my water and exercise only. I'm sorry I'm letting y'all down.

Lisa