Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 10:07 PM   #1  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Default Depressing

I went to one of those online "ideal weight" calculator things and It told me that at my height, I'm in the 95th percentile for my weight. Ugh! Only 5 percent of the population at my height is fatter than me....

Its one of those things that makes you think you have come so far only to realize that you still have a long long way to go....

Sorry, guess I am in a depressed mood this evening.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #2  

Dont be down on yourself...be proud of what you've accomplished so far and of what you're going to accomplish in the future! Slowly but surely, those percentages will change. Besides, your size doesnt make you who you are and I bet you're a much better person than lots of those in the 95%.

Miki
Old 10-03-2003, 10:41 PM   #3  
Crazy Canuck

Forget about where you WERE, don't worry about where you ARE, and concentrate on where you'll BE. Go back to that calculater a few months down the road and a few months after that and celebrate how those percentages have changed!

By the way, you HAVE come far and even though it may seem like a long road ahead, each and every day you'll get further down that road and closer to where you want to be. Think ahead so you never fall behind!!
Old 10-04-2003, 02:11 AM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm in the same boat w/you. You think you've come so far & them WHAM!

I think the point it, we're doing something about it & that makes a difference. Hang in there.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:32 AM   #5  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

Default 5%

Matt you lost loads i mean loads just think if you'd been to the calculator like the start of your diet programme. imagine what it would have said then. and just think although its only a few percentage points think how many THOUSANDS of people your now lighter than who you were heavyier than when you began.
Old 10-04-2003, 06:21 AM   #6  

Matt,

I know just how you feel....I"ll be all proud that I've lost fifty pounds. Then I'll see one of those before/after weight loss stories where the before weight is my CURRENT weight, and get all depressed. But you're doing great, just don't get discouraged.
We will all reach our goals.

Sherry
Old 10-04-2003, 09:59 AM   #7  

Matt, You've come so very far, so don't let this discourage you. It used to be that when I would see those diet commercials, or a commercial with really skinny people on them, I would think, "Oh, if only I had started a year ago, I would be like that today," but you've already started and you've made so much progress. Don't discount all that you've accomplished. We're very proud of you!!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:20 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

just goes to show us all that we don't need to be comparing ourselves to others!!! we are doing the best we can, and getting great results. that alone is enough. we can't focus on the rest of the world, only on what we're doing!!!

so, matt... in my book: YOU'RE A HERO!!!! besides, didn't someone on a thread call you a handsome man this week????
Old 10-04-2003, 10:26 PM   #9  
missaprylj

Yeah... what they said!

Old 10-05-2003, 10:08 AM   #10  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Hey everyone,

You all are right, I shouldn't be comparing myself to others, but I guess we naturally all do that. I'm certainly not without my faults. I know that when ever I am out in a public place I always scan people around me to see if I see anyone who is bigger than me. I have to stop doing that and just focus on what changes that I have to make in my own life.

I'm going to be away from 3FC for at least until next Saturday. As I said, I leave in a few hours to go to Virginia. I have so much stuff to bring with me that the laptop just didn't make the cut this time around.

Hope everyone has a great week!

P.S. If someone said I was handsome they must have confused me with someone else .

Matt
Old 10-05-2003, 01:40 PM   #11  
Searching

Learn to take a compliment Matt!

I am absolutely gorgeous and my biggest flaw is my modesty ;-)

Miss Chris
Closed Thread