Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 09:05 PM   #1  
Is is spring yet??

There are "private forums"??? That is interesting!

(I had a feeling there were.)

Tara
Old 10-01-2003, 10:12 PM   #2  
it's always something

Yes, we've had several private forums over the years, though we don't offer them actively. There have been groups that wanted to discuss personal aspects of weight issues, but didn't want them to be visible to the public because of their nature. We also have had forums that didn't go with the rest of the website, but were accessed through others personal pages, though we don't consider them as ours because we charged for them. The new version of the forum is supposed to have a lot more features which will expand on this, so we may offer more options like this in the future.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #3  
Is is spring yet??

Ahh so the people who want to talk about everyone else "behind their backs" get a private forum -- I knew it all along.

Tara

Last edited by Tara; 10-02-2003 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:35 AM   #4  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Suzanne, thanks for all your hard work. I for one wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without this board, and I'm very grateful to you and your sisters for making it happen.

The new organization looks fine to me (I'm a regular Turtle ). Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:43 AM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Suzanne,
Thanks for making the forum change so clear. I'm not especially computer savvy, but even I can figure this out. Thanks for all your hard work.
Judy, a slow turtle
Old 10-04-2003, 10:55 PM   #6  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally posted by Tara
Ahh so the people who want to talk about everyone else "behind their backs" get a private forum -- I knew it all along.

Tara
Tara, I've been offline, so I haven't seen this post before now. I'm not sure what you are getting at. If anyone should desire to talk about someone behind their back, they can do so by PM or email. A special forum is not required for that. The Private forums are for people that want to discuss specific weight issues in a small group setting, without exposing their personal thoughts or experiences to the entire public. Some people feel they make more progress this way. And there are some issues which are just too personal to tell the whole world. This is not an uncommon concept for support forums. I assure you, all of our forums are used for support purposes only. I apologize if there has been any misunderstanding.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:18 PM   #7  
it's always something

Thanks LaurenH and Itryharder! I'll merge the forums together Sunday night, and hope it goes smoothly

Lauren, that pic of autumn is gorgeous, where is that?
Old 10-08-2003, 11:39 AM   #8  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Suzanne, that's looking across Lake Champlain from the Adirondacks into Vermont. We go to that area every fall. It certainly is gorgeous!

Good luck with the transfer.

--Lauren
Closed Thread