Carb Counters - Good Humor-Breyers - LC Ice Cream

View Full Version : Good Humor-Breyers - LC Ice Cream

Leenie
10-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Check it out !

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/health/special/0903/29lowcarb.html

LittleFreedom
10-02-2003, 01:12 PM
hahahaha! I saw that in the grocery store (Fry's) the day before I started Atkins!!!!

Kokoloo
10-03-2003, 02:11 PM
Don't get too excited yet - these food manufacturers are jumping on the low carb wagon but they arent doing their research. It's a fraud - the first three ingredients are: Milk, Cream, and HFCS. The milk is a bit of a problem but the HFCS is a definite NO NO!!!

Read your labels because we're going to see more of this all in the name of making a buck :(

Leenie
10-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Please esplain Lucy ?

Whats HFCS ?

goodforme
10-03-2003, 05:48 PM
High fructose corn syrup

EEK!! How can that be LC?

Leenie
10-05-2003, 12:55 PM
I don't know but I bought the strawberry yesterday and BOY WAS IT GOOD !!!!

I wouldn't eat it daily b/c of those reasons posted above but on a treat during the weekend, why not ? (well as long as it doesn't hinder my weight loss lol, then I'll put the breaks on)

Kokoloo
10-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Leens, you've got to do what you want to do but keep in mind that the HFCS is actually worse than standard table sugar. This is definitely NOT low carb and shame on them for placing that label on this ice cream.

Don't forget to read the ingredients. I don't know about you, but even the least amount of sugar will put me in a really bad place of craving and not being able to get full.

Leenie
10-06-2003, 04:12 PM
Your Right KoKoloo !!!!

Its really a shame the industry gets away with stuff like this. They really do want to keep us fat !

Kokoloo
10-06-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Leens
Your Right KoKoloo !!!!

Its really a shame the industry gets away with stuff like this. They really do want to keep us fat !

I sure does keep their pockets lined with cash, doesnt it. :mad: