South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 04:02 AM   #1  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Boot Camp Challenge Day 35-Wanna Coke?

Before you answer that, you might want to read the following:

And now for the properties of COKE:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.

8. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

Other fun facts about Coke:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?

Group Activity for the Week of 9/28 - 978 minutes!

I have been really busy the past couple of days, so don't feel like sarge is ignoring you! Glad to see you are all still here, still working the program! Hopefully things will slow down a bit for me after tomorrow and I can spend a bit more time with the squadron!

In the mean time, give some thought to the trinity and how you are doing! Just tonight I realized that I am not getting enough protein and can tell when I try to lift weights. Not being able to chew has had a negative impact on my diet and I need to find a way around this. So what's your shortcoming or challenge this week? What do you need to change or rearrange to get back on track?

Tomorrow is picture/measurement day, unless I am too tired to mess with it in the morning. I don't suppose putting it off for one day will do much harm? I'll let you all know how it turns out!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Franny! I've gained five pounds! waaaaaaaaaaah.

This is October. We're going to do well in October, right? Please tell me we're going to do well in October.
I'm like a darned bear. Stocking up before the big sleep.

That coke thing is very enlightening. I'm sure that diet R.C. isn't like that , but I'll try to drink more water this month.
Thanks for all your encouragement, hon!
Old 10-01-2003, 07:54 AM   #3  
Imagine...

who knew all that about coke. Makes ya think about what it does to your body. I was always a BIG diet pepsi fan. Now I drink so much water I don't have much room left for soda Actually I am down to about 2 cans a day. A big improvement over the 2 liters a day that I used to drink.

Since it's colder I need to get my butt out of my warm & toasty bed in the am and exercise. I have been slacking off and staying in bed.

BTW ~ We are ALL going to do better this month! cuz I said so
Old 10-01-2003, 08:24 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ellis-You WILL do better this month! 'Cuz sflake said so! Hon, you'll get it together....I promise. Just pick one thing to work on for today...just today! Baby steps, okay?

Sflake-Down to 2 cans from TWO litres a day? I'd say that was a major improvement!

I am mildly disappointed myself. I took my "NOW" pictures, and there isn't much of a difference from a month ago. I say "mildly" because I can see SOME difference, and the tape measure says "You go girl!" I lost an inch and a half from my waist, an inch each from my abs and hips, and 1.25 from each of my thighs! But I also lost another inch from my bust...and I really can't afford to lose what little I have!

So, I know I am doing well, I had just hoped the pics would reflect the changes I FEEL! So this will not derail me...just a minor blip on my cosmic radar, heh?

Have a great day!
Old 10-01-2003, 08:37 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hmmmmm - I never drank much coke and drink even less lately. I used to drink a whole two liter bottle of diet gingerale when I was working in Ottawa. Those nights in the apartment were spent in front of the TV because I was just too darn pooped from my job to do anything else. I'm sure all the artificial sweetener didn't do me much good.

Ellis and I have not done well the past month but we are going to ride each other's a$$ and get back on track! I think being part bear is a good excuse but we do not need to pork up to survive the winter!

New month=new motivation!
Old 10-01-2003, 09:17 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning ladies
Franny~~~Thank you so much for being such a wonderful sarge and keeping this boot camp going.

Sflake~~I am a believer that October will be a better month, because you said so!!!! Thanks

Ruth and Ellis~~I, too, have been slacking off on the exercise thing and it stops right now!!! If I don't start getting in an exercise routine right now, I will surely gain weight over the Winter, without the outside gardening to help burn off a few calories. I really need a kick in the butt~~so lets help each other, OK? We can do this, I know we can.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:37 AM   #7  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Morning Sarge!

Wow! That's powerful information on Coke. As I wrote
yesterday, I got in the habit of water-water-water long ago with WW, and still have hung on to that good one! TTL

I am a firm believer in new month=new beginning!!!
Yes indeedy, Sflake, Ellis, Ruth, and everyone else on the Beach.
October holds great promise for all of us. The vibes are good on this !!

Busy day ahead of me today, but I will get my ...... in gear and
walk for 45 minutes. Thanks for the motivation, Sarge!!

Have a great Oct. 1st Chickies!
~Sharon
Old 10-01-2003, 12:30 PM   #8  

Go, Ellis! Go, Ruth! You guys are going to do GREAT this month!

I exercised 16 minutes today, which may not seem like much, but it was pretty high intensity. And, 3 days in a row for me! AWESOME! And I owe the encouragement and motivation to you guys! Especially this thread. (I'm so proud when I get to post my minutes!)

Love you!

Tricia
Old 10-01-2003, 12:47 PM   #9  
Imagine...

Tricia every little bit helps. You can do it! Keep up the good work
Old 10-01-2003, 03:12 PM   #10  

Hi Chickies!

Reporting in with minutes...I think I reported my 20 minutes on the newly cleared step machine, but did not report my 60 minute kardio-kickboxing class last night!

October...new month...new beginning and moving in the right direction!!! So much to do and so glad to be sharing it all with my new friends on SBD! I'm so lucky we have crossed paths (mush...mush) !

Imagine what cola does to our teeth???!!! Wow! I will be sticking to my water and seltzer as much as possible thanks to your info.!!! Just another example of how we will all be healthier due to eachother!!! Are we not the most amazing bunch of Chickies ever!?

I am so proud of you all and of what I can be when I have the kind of support I have needed and you all help provide!

I'm feeling pretty positive right now...but I had some pumpernickle bagel crisps with my lunch but with luck they'll be gone soon! I also tried the Bene-stuff for un-stuffing the plumbing)

Pledge to the Plan for the rest of the week!!! I HAVE to do it or I'll have nothing left to wear!!!

Happy today and happy everyday! Keep smilin' !

:Grouphug:
Old 10-01-2003, 05:41 PM   #11  
Imagine...

Just finished a 30 minute walk on the beach with my dog and boy did it feel good to get back in the swing of things. This stupid flu is still hanging on but I said NO! you will not get me down another day
Old 10-01-2003, 08:58 PM   #12  

Just reporting my exercise time today sarge ...

45 minutes treadmill a.m., p.m. at the gym 20 minutes stairmaster, 35 minutes stationary bike, 15 minutes weights, 10 minutes abs ...

Everyone is doing such a great job!!! I have a 15 mile walk Saturday so I'm going to relax for the next few days ... maybe just a few miles each day on the treadmill. Did the walk last year and it took me about 5 hours, but BF was with me and he was LIMPING last 6 miles (he NEVER exercises .... from the back door to the car is the furthest he walks). I was really proud of him last year when we finished but he said NEVER AGAIN and meant it so this year I'm doing it solo. He said he'll drive me to the course (about 50 miles) but will spend the day fishing!!!

Have a good night everyone ...
Old 10-01-2003, 09:23 PM   #13  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hi Chickies... everyone sounds wonderful and motivated. Sorry this has to be quick but it is 10:20 here and just finished 1 hours worth of housework and had a 10 minute walk. But that is all I can report. Well chicks keep up the good work. I to believe this will be a great month. I will try to dust off that treadmill. I don't want to admit that I do drink 2 l's of DC a day. I am totally addicited and if I don't drink it I end up with a wicked headache. Any suggestions on how to kick the habit. Goodnight and sweet dreams all.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:26 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Lizzie reporting: 30 minutes at Curves. That's it for today. It doesn't seem like my days could get any busier, but what do I know? Wed. is always a busy day- Coffee at the clubhouse, I do announcements, Curves, errands, lunch volunteer at the desk at church 1:00 to 4:00p.m. Home dinner and back to church to sing in the praise team and and then after service a 45minute Search Team meeting. I'm ready for bed.

I drink my water, do work on the trinity as much as possible. I am trying to set realistic goals for myself, trying to remember that I'm not 21 anymore. : Lizzie Tomorrow is another day.
Closed Thread