Exercise! - Curves #2

View Full Version : Curves #2

SunnyD57
09-30-2003, 02:57 PM
This Thread is for anyone wanting to join us in sharing about their "CURVES experiences" or if you are thinking about joining and have any questions.

I have really enjoyed CURVES! Loved the people and the music! And what it does for my Spirits! I began on Sept 17th, 2003 and cannot say... 'Thanks' enough times!!!

Cassandra - hope you don't mind I began another thread... the last one was getting a bit long.

SunnyD57
09-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies...

I just wanted to mention something that I went through yesterday @ Curves and forgot to mention.

I had been hurting all weekend in my neck and shoulders really bad! Terrible cramping... come to find out I was using some of the machines wrong. I went to one of the instructors & asked for her help in checking my moves on each machine. And she showed me that I had to lay my head completely down onto the backs of each bench to work out properly. Otherwise it WILL get you in the shoulders & neck instead of the "targeted areas" like the arms or abs. Just thought I would mention it to you in case someone else has this happen to them.

Now that I am doing it correctly I am not having the pain I was and feel like I got a better workout on Monday then I did all last week. Thank goodness there is always someone to ask... don't be afraid to speak up.

Hope that this note finds everyone doing well and having a Wonderful Day today!

Bev
09-30-2003, 03:36 PM
SunnyD, Like you I was also hurting and asked and they told me the same thing. Bev

SunnyD57
09-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Hi BEV ~ Glad you asked and were helped... I wish I would have sooner. I was really in some hurtin'

Also, someone asked what we were doing on the other days that we weren't working out at Curves...

Well, I use my elliptical machine for 20 to 30 minutes on Tues & Thursday's to get in a 5 day workout. Once I hit a plateau I will increase the number of times I go to Curves from 3x a week to 4x and then when I hit a plateau again I will go to 5x and then hope by then I have reached my goal. Or just accept that I will be at that weight, but healthier ;)

aprilbride04
09-30-2003, 05:38 PM
Hi gals!

Went to Curves this morning and switched my membership to the other Curves that actually helps you with the machines...it is so refreshing to be able to get up, go, and not have to go after your day has already passed and all you want to do is go home!!

I am really feeling energized and my attitude is so much better about everything in my life...it is really true what happens when you work out!

I am trying to get to Curves 4-5x a week...on days when I can't go, want to do a little more, or Sundays, I work out on my elliptical for 30 minutes.

Thanks for the reply on the Curves book - I think that besides the motivation, the best thing about this website is the information you get on other products, diets, etc.

Hope you are all working it hard and seeing results - I know I am!!

kari_berry
09-30-2003, 07:56 PM
Sunndyd57 - I know what you mean about hurting your neck on the equiptment. I too was not putting my head all the way back on some of the equiptment, but when I was doing them I could feel my neck hurting, so I instantly put my head back, and POOF! The pain was gone, and I could FEEL my muscles working the correct way. It's a shame they didn't tell me in the begginning though, it would have saved me some pain.

This morning after my workout, I didn't get to stretch. :( There were A LOT of ladies in there, and they were all gathered in the back doing their stretches. There definatly was not enough room for me, and I hate to be crowded, so I left. Our curves is pretty big, but they fill the entire room with equiptment, so they leave this TINY space in the back to stretch. They need to improve that. I see A LOT of women leave without stretching simply because they would have to wait to find a spot to stand! I don't think that's right. I suppose I'll have to find a certain time of the day when they are less busy.

Today I worked pretty hard at the equiptment. I notice that some of the pieces are getting easier for me to use, but as I quicken my pace, I can really feel my muscles burning and working.

I remember, when I "once" had a personal trainer, he told me that when I could "feel my muscles burning" that I was working out good. I don't know if that's rightn or not though. Maybe he was just trying to get me moving... :lol:

Oh well. I hope you ladies are all having a spectacular evening. I think it's time for me to go journal real quick.

Happy Curves!

:strong: ~ Kari ~ :strong:

Loosinit
09-30-2003, 09:10 PM
I love Curves, too! It's the first time that I've actually enjoyed exercise! I feel great, have lost weight and inches. In October, it will be my one year anniversary ...I go 5 times a week, and that's why I'm bummed!!!

...I fell and hurt my tailbone, and can't sit (or bend very well) to do the exercises ...it hurts too bad! This just happened a couple of days ago, and I AM hurting less. Does anyone know how long it takes for a bruised tailbone to heal so that I can get back to exercising again? :?:

Thanks! And all of you ...keep up the good work ...I hope I'll be joining you again before long.

Rosiee
09-30-2003, 09:37 PM
well it has been a bad week for me because I havent been able to go work out since last thursday. I had a molar break and was in so much pain from friday till monday then had it pulled monday so still couldnt go work out today. but I am going tomorrow and will just go everyday the rest of the week to make up. The only good thing about the tooth is I lost 10#'s from Friday to today. I know its not a good way to lose but it is a start hehe. Have a good rest of the week.

qsilver
10-01-2003, 12:04 AM
Hey everyone :)

Sorry to not have posted in so long. I have been getting my Curves in though, and the inches and pounds are still going off! Today was my weigh and measure day, and I lost another 4.25 lbs and 4 inches this last month. I figured it would have totally bottomed out long before now, but the inches keep melting away. One of the ladies I see in there a couple of times a month gave me the sweetest compliment today. She said I just looked better every time she saw me. :) Got to love when people start to notice!

Sunny, I'm glad you asked someone about the neck thing. I remember mentioning that to someone way back in the last thread, because I had the same problem when I started.

Our Curves owner was having stress yesterday because she had to send one of our ladies to the hospital. The woman sweats profusely, but Judy said it seemed like it was getting worse and had been suggesting to her that she have her blood pressure meds checked or something. Well, yesterday she noticed the woman's lips and fingernails were turning blue! She asked a nurse who was stretching in the back to take a look at her, and the nurse said to call the lady's husband immediately and get her to the hospital. Judy was so stressed because she didn't hear anything back and the woman's car was still in the parking lot at the end of the day.

Well, the lady called up Judy today to thank her. She had an angiogram (sp?) done and an artery was 90% blocked. She thanked Judy for saving her life.

I am so glad Judy was paying attention and cares so much for her clients. She really is the coolest woman. :)

I'd better get out of here now. It is late, and I've been procrastinating writing an article that is due Friday. It is my first for a magazine, and I'm so nervous about it, I can't seem to even get started!

Andria

aprilbride04
10-01-2003, 08:26 AM
Andria - WOW! That is amazing! Sounds like you are at a great Curves branch. I am so glad that I switched my membership because at my old branch if something like that had happened no one would have caught it because half the time no one was even there working in the workout room!

Just got done with my workout - got there a little late today...it was almost 7:30 and I am used to be back at my house showering then! Didn't really want to get out of bed today but I am glad that I did.

I got my measurements taken today...even though I have been back for 6 workouts now, I finally had the girl take them. I wish I would have taken them at the beginning though because I already feel thinner after just 6 workouts!

Anyways, I am getting hypnotized today. I know several people who have gone to this one doctor and lost tons of weight - there isn't a particular diet they put you on or anything - you can eat whatever you want, but you chose what you eat...supposedly it slows down your eating, portion control, and you subconciously chose healthier foods. This doctor has 100 doctors that refer their patients to him and has had several presidents flown in to be hypnotized by him. 9 out of 10 people this works on and I hope that I am one of the 9! I know that this sounds totally crazy but I have seen the results on several people...one lady has lost over 100 pounds and has kept it off for over 8 years!!

Anyways, gotta get showering and off to work - will talk to you gals later!

Happy Curving!

SunnyD57
10-01-2003, 12:31 PM
So good to see everyone!

I have some really sad news to share with you all. This will be my third funeral to go to in less then two weeks. I just got off the phone with my hubby and he told me that our x-BIL, Earl, passed away last night from his lung cancer @ 8:30pm. Earl was waiting for his daughters to make it there (they were out of town) and they were visiting with him when he passed. So very sad... none of us expected him to pass on yet - we just saw him two weeks ago at a party and he was on the upswing and feeling better. He did look so very thin though. Even though he and Anne were no longer together we all still stayed in touch and Anne was even helping caring for him while he was ill. So very sad... so sad... :cry:

I would so appreciated Prayers for the families of Earl (he was only 55 yrs old).
Thank you gang - for giving ME a place to come to & vent with all this sadness surrounding me these days you just don't know how much it helps. {{{Hugs}}}

APRIL ~ I am so glad you went back to Curves and that you are feeling so much better. I think it's great that you moved to a place that is really helping you and cares. I think it is sad that some places are not doing what they should in helping their clients. I am blessed to have a good place here too. Sue really cares for everyone there and so do the people working for her. I got allot of help when I needed it and feel so much better in my neck shoulders.

ANDRIA ~ :cp: :dance: CONGRATS (!) in your weight loss and inch loss!!! :yes: So happy for you! And that is wonderful that your instructor/owner, Judy, did something as soon as she did! WoW :o ... could you imagine if she hadn't... So glad it all worked out so well... goodness! Thanks for sharing!!!! Good info to look out for in others too, you know.

ROSIEE That's one heck of a way to lose 10# (!) but I am so happy for you! :dance: "CONGRATS" to you as well. And I hope that you are feeling better real soon --- and are able to get to your workouts again.

WELCOME Loosinit ~ Sorry to hear about your tailbone... I do believe a bruise like that takes a bit of time to heal - I wish you well! Congrats on you doing so well at Curves... love to hear that. Gives me allot of hope! ;)

Oh... Good KARI ~ It realy helps to mention stuff when you go through it because you just never know who it will help out. I know that I feel so much better now that I am doing the workout correctly. Do you go home after your workouts? Maybe you could still take a moment to stretch at home if it gets too busy at Curves... it is so important to get in your stretching. I find myself doing it even through the day or watching TV at night. It has really helped me, because I get real tight muscles! Always have.

Hope that you ~ALL~ have a good rest of the afternoon and are able to get your workouts in. I got mine in this morning and will be there with wings on my feet - bright and early on Friday morning too. It's been very cold here in the mornings - burrr - 38* this morning. Just too soon! I want to enjoy our Fall! The tree's haven't even finished changing yet and our forecasters are calling for frost tomorrow morning!

God Bless!

Bev
10-01-2003, 12:51 PM
SunnyD- I am so sorry you and your family. Bev

SunnyD57
10-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Awwweee, Thank-you BEV It is hitting me a bit harder then I thought it would... he was just so young yet and so very talented. And I don't have anyone to talk to right now either - everyone seems to be gone or not answering their cells. Oh well.

Punkin 1
10-01-2003, 05:48 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss, Sunny. Thanks for coming to share with us. :grouphug:

I am feeling pretty depressed myself. I have been working on the phone banks in the evenings for the NO ON RECALL campaign in California. This whole thing is such a travesty and it is beyond incredulous to me that we could actually end up with a mediocre actor in violent action films as Governor of a state that has the sixth largest economy in the world. :eek: This guy never graduated from high school and has no experience in government. What can people be thinking :dizzy: to vote for this......., this.........., :censored: ##@&**# :devil:.

Don't get me started! :soap: I've missed two Curves sessions last week and haven't gone yet this week. I'm definately going today after work and try to put this mess out of my mind for a while.

Take care, all. And thanks for letting me vent.

Lynda

aprilbride04
10-01-2003, 06:00 PM
Lynda- Wow, you sound stressed! I hope that you made it to your workout - I am finding that in my stressed out life it is helping me deal with things...

SunnyD - Sorry to hear of your losses...it always seems like these things come in 3's...congrats on keeping up your workout at a difficult time - I promise that it will pay off!!

Ok - now for some news: I just got hypnotized today. It was crazy...I am really excited ... my weight is going to peel off...this dr. has been on donahue, the tonight show and has been doing this for over 25 years...he has 100 dr's who refer all their weight loss patients to him and has helped thousands of people lose weight and KEEP IT OFF! There are 8 stages of hypnosis and I was at a stage 4! (Normally you are only at a stage 1 or 2 in the beginning, so he said that I will actually lose faster than I think!) I can't weigh myself for 7 weeks though...you have to keep negative thoughts out of your head...(OK, I know that I sound like a freaky person right now, but I have seen several people lose massive amounts of weight with this guy!).

Anyways, I hope everyone had a great day! I will see you all later!

kari_berry
10-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Today I was TOO exhausted and sore to do Curves. I woke up this morning with my neck, and back hurting SO bad. I just knew I had to rest, and not injure myself anymore. I don't know what I did wrong, but whatever it was, it sure does hurt!

I've tried soaking in warm baths today, and took some light muscle relaxers, but hasn't really helped much, plus I have a headache. :(

Hopefully I will feel well enough to go tomorrow.

Maybe I can get my fiance' to give me a back and neck massage... :lol: (I don't see that happening) lol

Oh well, off to bed shortly.

Good night ladies!

~ Kari ~

aprilbride04
10-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Kari - sorry you aren't feeling well! When are you getting married? I am sure that you figured out I am getting married in April...just saw on your message that you lost 40 pounds so far...that is great!!

Went to Curves this morning - had to scrape ice off my car...started thinking how that could very easily be a temptation for me not to go to my workout some morning...if I get lazy, please kick my butt!!

Starting to feel really great - I know that I am losing weight...it is going to be hard not to weigh myself for 7 weeks...(hypnosis dr.'s rules!!).

Anyways, I hope you are all having a great day!! Tomorrow is my day off from Curves because I have meetings starting at 7am on Fridays...unless I get out of work in time to go in the pm!!

Punkin 1
10-02-2003, 07:47 PM
Hi, April. Thanks for the good thoughts. I did go to Curves last nite on the way home and really did feel so much better. This morning I tried going at 6:30am when they open, as it's right on my way to work. It was great. I really don't sweat much, mainly on my forehead. But it's much cooler at that time of the morning so I didn't sweat at all and I felt comfortable going on to work after my workout. I'm definately an early person, anyway. Usually up between 3 and 4 am (my cat, Lovey, has me trained) and have so much more energy than after work, so I think I might just start going in the early mornings anyway.

I'll be so interested to hear how the hypnosis works for you. How many sessions with what frequency? Hope you'll use this thread as an on-line journal. Is any diet involved?

Kari, so sorry yor're hurting. I hope you'll feel up and ready to go tommorrow.

Till tommorrow,

Lynda :wave:

aprilbride04
10-02-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi Lynda!

There are three sessions that I have to go to - they each are exactly 2 weeks apart. The cool thing about it is there is no diet and the DR. swears that you will keep your weight off!! He said that the reason 100 doctors refer his patients to him is because they say they know that diets work, but that people always gain back when they stop the diet (I think we can all understand that!!)

Anyways, I am not typically into this stuff but I have seen a few people I know go to this guy and have been hearing stories all around the county about this DR. and decided what the ****, what do I have to lose? (Hopefully just weight!!)

The first session makes you slow down your eating and chew your food more. It also makes you realize when you are full and need to stop eating!! The second session is about emotional eating (I go to that one on the 15th) and the third session is about stress (I go to that one on the 29th). At each session you get a tape that you have to listen to every day at least once a day. So when I am done I will have three different tapes and rotate listening to them.

Have you ever been hypnotized? It is kinda crazy - my limbs got all tingle - like they were asleep - and it felt like it was 10 minutes that he was talking but it was actually 45!! No one in the room could believe that it had been that long!!

It is all about taking your bad habits and starting good habits...I am excited to see what it does for me.

One thing that the doctor said was how powerful your mind is. You have to believe it will happen to make it come true and visualization is everything. If you want slimmer hips, then you need to visualize it! Pretty cool!! (I definitely want thinner hips!!)

I will definitely keep you posted - it is going to be so hard not to weigh myself!!

aprilbride04
10-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Lynda - forgot to tell you great job on the am workout - it makes it easier to get it over with!!

SunnyD57
10-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Thank-you guys for giving me a place to vent and for your sympathies... I had a quiet sad day today even though I was busy. It's like being lonely in a crowded room feeling... ya know.

Tomorrow I will go for my Curves workout and I know I will feel so much better - I always do.

KARI ~ I am still hurting a bit in my left shoulder. I am so sorry that you are still hurting so badly. Feel better real soon so you can get back to your workouts... I wish I could loan you my hubby for a rub-down on those shoulders of yours. He gave me one tonight to help mine ~ ahhh. Sure do wish it would just go away so we could enjoy our workouts to the max - don't you?
Did you ask your fiance for a rub?? Maybe he'd give you one...

LYNDA ~ I hope you are feeling better after venting ;) I know how frustrating things can get when it comes to politics. Did going to Curves help to vent? :) I know working out always helps me.

Lynda, your cat gets you up at 3 & 4am??? Mine use to till I changed their feeding schedule. Cats are nocturnal, so I began to feed them their wet food at night before bed instead of the morning and now they do not wake me in the morning anymore --- so cool! I always have out the dry food for them, but I was teaching them to wake me in the morning by feeding them with MY schedule instead of their natural schedule of night feeding. I have three! Domino (8) - Guido & Zeppe (1 1/2 brothers). I figured it out watching a Discovery program on Tigers ;)

APRIL ~ My mom said the same thing when I told her it was the third funeral in less then two weeks. And so did my girlfriend! Strange, huh. Thanks so much for your kind words. I really do not like being down!!! I am a person that loves to be up and bringing others up.

Me too, April! Scraping ice and we also had snow!! Can you believe it - the tree's still haven't finished changing! Just way too soon yet.

Thanks for the update on you being hypnotized... it will be interesting to know how it all works out. My girlfriend wants to go and she keeps talking about going but still isn't sure & hasn't yet. She did go to a Dr. to quit smoking and it worked! She has quit now for 15 years!

http://www.graphicgarden.com/misc1/graphics/linkware/misc/magic1/mgcl1q.gifWell, I am gonna call it a night.
Catch you all tomorrow...
:sunny:

SunnyD57
10-02-2003, 08:39 PM
Just thought you guys might like to see my boys ;) Guido in back & Zeppe up closer.

SunnyD57
10-02-2003, 08:42 PM
This is Domino (my 8 year old)

qsilver
10-02-2003, 09:23 PM

Sunny, I am sorry to hear you have yet another loss in your life. I will keep you in my prayers.

April, the hypnosis sounds very cool. Not weighing in for 7 weeks would drive me nuts because I'm a scale addict, but did he say anything about doing measurements? At the very least, you can try on tighter clothes and see if there is a difference.

Lynda, we have two cats, Monster and Simone. Monster is a sweet, grumpy old man (12 this month) and Simone is about a year and a half with a lot of kitten left in her. We have one more, Sweet Pea, but he is so painfully shy that he has chosen to live outdoors. We feed him and we give him loves when he feels comfortable with the attention. :)

Kari, staying home can be the best thing when you are that sore. I hope you are feeling better soon!

Rosiee, ummm, grats on losing the 10 lbs.? Ok, it is a good thing, but definitely not a diet plan you could market!

This has been a long and stressful day, and frankly, I'm thinking curling up on the couch with a book sounds like a great plan. Going to see if my dad wants to go for a walk first. We try to walk several times a week. It gives us a chance to keep in touch and vent frustrations as well as a little extra exercise.

I did hit up Curves today between jobs, and I'm glad I went. Like so many of you have said, it is a great stress reliever. Nothing to worry about but if I'm working those machines to my maximum. :)

Andria

aprilbride04
10-02-2003, 09:26 PM
SunnyD - It is interesting that you bring up your friend who quit for 15 years...there was a lady in the group who had gone from 3 packs a day to none and has quit for more than 5 years. She came back for weight loss and the doctor said that she was at a level 7 out of 8 when he hypnotized us! He said that she could go into such a deep state because the more you are hypnotized the easier it is for you to get hypnotized again and that the deeper your level the better the results! He said that she is going to lose with no problem! I bet your friend would be an awesome candidate!!

qsilver
10-02-2003, 09:27 PM
Sunny,

You could almost swap out your Zeppe and my Sweet Pea for each other! What cuties. :)

Andria

kari_berry
10-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Today I managed to get to Curves. I didn't feel too bad this morning when I woke up. Before I went to bed I took some light muscle relaxers, and amazing got a good back and shoulder massage from my fiance. :) Today I finally got my stretching in after my workout, so I felt really good about that. All day at work though, I could feel the muscles in my legs. They feel a little sore, but in a way I like it, because they feel different. By feeling the muscles, it reminds me all day of what I am accomplishing.

aprilbride04 ~ congrats on your up and coming wedding in April! :) I bet you are really looking forward to it! I love weddings, but not quite sure if I want one of my own. On Halloween, it will be our 5 year "dating" anniversary. We've been together since we were 16 years old. Even though we've been together for quite some time, I feel like I am still to young to get married. So for now we are "engaged" without a permanant date. I personally would like to wait a few more years, get more settled in my job, and be financially stable. And when the time is right, I may just want to elope, nothing big and fancy. :) (Plus I'de like to be much smaller than I am now) ;)

Sunnyd57 ~ I just LOVE your cats! They are absolutly adorable!!! I was never a fan of cats until I first moved out on my own. We adopted a one year old cat named "Chewbacha" or "Chewy" for short. He looked identical to the Nine Lives cat, could have been a twin. I loved that cat so much. Unfortunatly, I was living in an apartment, and they raised my rent to a RIDICULOUS amount that I could not afford, just because of a cat, so he found a new home with some friends of mine. I see him every now and again. :)

Well - tomorrow I have to wake up early and babysit my niece. Then I'm off to Curves again. After Curves, I have to go pick up my paycheck, and run to the Secretary of State to renew my drivers license. (Way past due...oops!) lol. I am really looking forward to this weekend. I plan on doing NOTHING...lol :)

Have a good night ladies!

~ Kari ~

Rosiee
10-02-2003, 11:59 PM
well I think I have talked my friend into trying the free week at curves! she isnt much of an exerciser but I hope she will enjoy this as much as I do. It is so much more fun to do when you have someone to buddy up with and make each other go.

qsilver...believe me if it was up to me I would rather gain 10#'s than have another toothache. :)

kari_berry
10-03-2003, 05:50 AM
I also have a free guest pass to bring someone to Curves with me, but I find that everyone I talk to about Curves is kinda weird about it.

Once I tell them that you work at each station for 30 seconds, they are always like, "Then how do you get a good workout if you are only exercising for 30 seconds???"

So far my sister, mother, grandmother, and friend have asked the same question.

Does anyone else have this problem?

It's like they don't want to go because they don't *think* they are working out hard, but they don't realize how quick you can work up a sweat at Curves! :)

SunnyD57
10-03-2003, 07:21 AM
http://members.aol.com/gardenmail/opbuzzysh.gifGood Morning KARI ~ So glad you got your backrub!!! :yes: YES! I have had that problem also... so what I do now is tell them that I go around three times on 8 machines working each part of the body and that I get anywheres between 8 to 12 reps each time - on each machine (so that's 8-12reps x 3 per machine = Great workout!)! That they understand...

Everyone have a Geart Day... I am going to Curves this morning and work off some sadness --- although I do feel much better this morning. I think I was just feeling the shock of it all yesterday. My SIL called last night and her voice sounded so very sad. I am alright till I hear or see someone else crying and then my heart aches for them & I end up crying too. The Curves really does help me cope though.

So glad everyone enjoyed my kitties :) I enjoy sharing them with you. They bring me so much joy!

Take Care...

SunnyD57
10-03-2003, 07:31 AM
Before I go, here is a picture of my hubby with his buddy, Zeppe, that I just took last month. Joe & I have been married for 28 years and he has grown to enjoy the cats as much as I do. Zeppe and Domino are his pals.

Later...

SunnyD57
10-03-2003, 07:44 AM
Good Morning ANDRIA ~ Good to see you! I am sorry I didn't see your post before. Thank you so much for your kind words; for my losses & about my boys. All three of my boys make me smile all the time! What one doesn't think of to get into the other does! Today after my Curves workout (which I am gonna be late for if I don't get ready soon :lol: ) I have to bring the two brothers, Guido & Zeppe, in for their yearly check-ups and shots... they are gonna love me - NOT!

Hope that you, your sofa & your book had a nice evening last night ;) Me... I watched 'Survivor', 'CSI' & 'Without A Trace' last night. Love Thursday nights! Oh and taped 'ER' to watch later.

Gotta get goin' now... Curves is a callin' me :)

Bev
10-03-2003, 09:06 AM
Good morning everyone, I just wanted to check in since I have not been around the last few days. I am going to be heading off to Curves after I do some yoga here. So I was able to get in my 3 times this week.

bev

Rosiee
10-03-2003, 05:11 PM
Well I went to workout this morning and I did what someone was talking about and really applied myself on the machines. I was really sweating after I got done. Then I got another workout when I drove out to our little farm and a dog had gotten into our chicken coop and let all the chickens out. I chased chickens for an hour swearing the whole time I was gonna make soup out of them if they didnt cooperate. Luckily the dog didnt kill any cuz he had other things on his mind trying to get to our penned up female dog. I know I was being punished for only making it to curves twice this week.

Mysti
10-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Hi Everyone.. I am new to this curves board!! But I just started going to curves a week ago today and I can already tell I have lost weight and I just feel alot better, The curves I goto is really great all the people are really friendly and we play games if there are enough people and they walk around and make sure everyone is using the machines properly!! I love it!! I never thought in a million years I would have liked going to work out, I was really amazed to see that not everyone is really thin.. the woman that i see most often that works in my curves told me the other day she did the slim fast diet and lost over 50lbs. shes inspires me to go there.. and work out i know if she can do it I can!! My curves is new (opened Sept 8th ) and they play bingo and things I cant wait until the 25th so that i can get measured again!

aprilbride04
10-03-2003, 06:06 PM
Good job on getting your 3x a week in BEV!

Rosie - sounds like you had quite a day!! Curves and chasing chickens!! What a workout!! Way to work those machines hard!!

Mysti - welcome to the club!! I am glad that you have a great branch - I just switched my membership to another branch because of that - what a difference in my committment and motivation because of the new branch!!

Sunny - Hope you are feeling better!! Keep up those workouts!!

Didn't go to Curves today - am going for day #5 this week tomorrow. Going out with the girls tonight - hopefully they won't keep me out all night because I want to get up early and get my workout in. Plus, I have to spend the day tomorrow looking for bridesmaid dresses...

Till tomorrow!

Rosiee
10-03-2003, 06:47 PM
Mysti..I noticed you posted on the PCOS thread too. I also have PCOS and the IR and i got Dr. Phil's book the other day but havent gotten into it yet. Maybe he will have some wonderful words of wisdom, but for now I will stick to my curves since it is the most fun exercise I have done in years. Who would have thought someone would call exercise fun.

SunnyD57
10-03-2003, 07:04 PM
http://www.wendysbackgrounds.com/FlowerNaturefolder/flowerpotwel.jpg MYSTI! :wave: So very happy to have you join us! I have been going to a new place also - just opened on the 15th of Sept but I began my first workout on the 17th. Today, one of the ladies there working out with me told me that I looked like I was really loosing! :cp: She made my day!!!! I really needed a boost and she gave one to me. Now I too am looking forward to my measure time.

Thanks APRIL ;) I am feeling better then yesterday and I have NOT stopped my workouts. It's because I have been going that I do feel so much better... the ladies were all making me laugh, knowing how hard it's been on me & our families these days. So I haven't missed a one! Thanx for the encouragement!!!! I will feel allot better after the funeral tomorrow is all done - we have to sing for it and that won't be easy. I really loved that guy!

Hi BEV! :wave: Hi ROSIEE!

Gotta go now... hubby wants me to spend some time with him.
Have a good weekend ladies, if I'm not able to come back.
Thanks again!!!

kari_berry
10-05-2003, 10:09 AM
Hello ladies,

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. I wanted to post all day, but I just felt so miserable yesterday, I couldn't get on the computer. I think I may be getting the flu, or just some funky cold, because I'm just not feeling like myself. Chills, headache, nausea, weakness. Bummer. I'm feeling a somewhat better today though. Yesterday I wanted to go to Curves, but I didn't want to make anyone else sick, if I was. Atleast I got my four times in this week. I am off work on Monday, so I will go early in the morning, then it's off to AAA (insurance agency) to switch my car insurance.

Welcome Mysti !!! I too recently joined Curves. Been going for two weeks and I LOVE it. Love the music, and love the way the circuit training works. The only problem I seem to have with my Curves, is that the women mostly keep to themselves, or talk with women "their age". Some days everyone will be talking, and I'll chime in at times I feel are appropriate, just trying to be nice, and they will completely ignore me. So now I pretty much just keep to myself, do my work out, and occasionally talk with the ladies who work there. No biggie though, that doesn't change my view on Curves all together.

Eating hasn't been too good the last few days. My nice fiance went shopping, and God bless his heart, bought me some "healthy" food, like my low fat yogurt, egg beaters, and chicken (because I love chicken!) BUT he also had to buy the "NO NO's". :nono: He bought THREE packages of cookies. Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, and some kind of cookie with strawberry gunk in it. Well - I started getting cravings, and I ate a few of the chocolate chip ones, and a few of the strawberry ones. I felt pretty bad afterwards. It's like, why can I not control myself?? My mind is telling me NOT to do it, that I WANT to be thin, but my stomach is yelling - - - FEED ME!!! :cbg: I need to learn to take control, so I suppose that is my goal to work on.

Anyways, I hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

:queen: ~ Kari ~ :queen:

qsilver
10-05-2003, 11:59 AM

Kari, are you telling me you didn't eat all 3 bags of cookies?! I'd take that as a win, even if you do feel a little bad now. Doesn't sound like a binge even, just a craving that has had a chance to grow a little out of proportion. :) When I'm not feeling well, it is so hard to keep out of the junky foods. I've turned to them for comfort for so long, and when I'm feeling out of sorts I think I find myself more easily led back to old habits. Glad I read your post though, because I'm feeling kind of achy, chilled and nauseated today, and there is half of a bundt cake sitting in the fridge calling out and attempting to convince me it will make me feel better...

Sunny, :grouphug: Working out really is good for dealing with strong emotions like grief. I remember when my husband and I were in marriage counselling years ago and the chaplain wanted us to go on a long walk each night, taking turns telling each other about our day. Even when the conversation turned to harder to deal with subjects, we handled them better because we were moving all those emotions as we moved our bodies. Guess that might sound a little weird, but it was a huge help for us. Later, when I had to deal with the loss of our infant son, walking kept me from losing it completely and finally brought me back to my family. Guess what I'm trying to say is, good for you, keep moving and keep working through your grief. I think Curves came into your life when it did for a reason. :)

Ok, got to get out of here. My stomach is feeling really cranky. :(

Andria

Mysti
10-05-2003, 08:24 PM
Hi Everyone... Yup Rosiee I got PCOS and IR I have had it for about 3 1/2 years now!! I was just wondering is anyone Curves open on the weekends I am getting very bored and feel so lazy not going there on the weekends!

SunnyD57
10-06-2003, 07:04 AM
http://www.wendysbackgrounds.com/Miscfolder/Topapple/apple.gifGood Monday Morning Ladies All went real well this weekend considering... I am glad it is all over with. My D-SIL was just so sad. Every time I'd see her cry I would begin to also... but I think we are all on the mend. We know he is no longer suffering and is with our lord. We cry for ourselves, we miss him. Thank-you all for your very kind words and encouragement. It is just so nice!

I will be going to my Curves this morning --- today she opens at 8:00am :dance: She has been opening at 9:00 and allot of us wanted it earlier, but she has a child and can't get there any sooner then 8:00 --- I'll take that :) Yea... ANDRIA, that is the truth!! No kidding! I worked my elliptical on Saturday to get in some exercise time --- it really does help with stress!!!!

And MYSTI ~ I know that our Curves is open on Saturdays, but most if not all are closed on Sunday's because it is a Christian based exercise program. Just ask where yu are going about their hours - it is different with everyone that owns their Curves. So glad that you are enjoying Curves I know I am for sure!

Well, I must be getting ready... I want to grab a little bite to eat before it gets to be time to go. I don't like to go on an empty stomach, I have a better stronger workout when I have a little bit of something then nothing at all. I usually have a scrambled egg OR just a slice of turkey with 1/2 slice of cheese rolled up in it - yum!

Catch you all later...
HAVE A GREAT :yes: DAY!!!!

SunnyD57
10-06-2003, 07:12 AM
KARI ~ Sweetie... don't beat yourself up over a craving (not a binge). For me, it was a few peanutbutter cups (the smell alone gets to me). But I just take it one day at a time and will do better today. I usually have some fun things on the weekends so I don't feel like I am deprived and eat wayyy more then I should because the cravings caught up with me. Anyway, I guess I am just saying --- don't beat yourself up. Today is a new day! I sure do hope that you are feeling much better today! The flu is really going around this year!! Yuk :p !

Hope you have a much better day today --- don't look back... what is done is done --- Keep your eyes forward and you will do just fine.

Take Care! :grouphug:

SunnyD57
10-06-2003, 07:21 AM
ANDRIA ~ One more thing... I am so very sorry for your loss, but am so proud of you and your hubby working it out! So many give up way too soon and I find that the work is so well-worthwhile. We have been together now 28 yrs and are so content with one another right now. I too lost our infant baby girl (Lisa Anne) in 1976 and Joe & I had to work very hard to get though that... I also lost all chances of ever having children again. I had a car accident & was full term and when they went in they removed everything... I was a mess inside & out for about 5 years.

We all have something to come through in our lives... I thank the Lord for 'Him', our friends and the love of our Love-ones. You can get through most anything with that combo ;).

God's Blessings!!!
{{{Hugs}}}

SunnyD57
10-06-2003, 12:24 PM
ROSIEE ~ Love your picture!!!! What beautiful hair you have and an adorable face!

Love it when I see pics! :)

Later...

Rosiee
10-06-2003, 04:17 PM
thanks for the compliments sunny even though I just look like a floating head hehe. didnt get to work out today cuz I had to go get two root canals done but will be there tomorrow morning bright and early. I just loves mondays when ppl start posting again after the weekend. Now I check the message board before I do my email!

Punkin 1
10-06-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey, everybody! :wave:

I love to cook and use it as therapy when I'm stressed. For some reason I came up with the idea of making enchiladas Sunday! The fact that I can't eat them on my diet did not deter me. I have three grown sons, and two live close to me. My daughters-in-law appreciate it when I share what I can't keep, and my grandkids love my cooking. I just assembled them and didn't cook them so I avoided the temptation of eating them. I love Mexican food.

Well, after tommorrow night this blasted Recall joke will be over and I can get back to my life. I'm afraid, though, that instead of being stressed, I'll be depressed because our new Governor is likely to be Ahnold, serial groper of women and admirer of :eek: Adolph Hitler. I have gotten back to my three times a week at Curves (I find that I like going in the mornings before work). It certainly does help with the stress and I feel much better. Of course, part of my stress was the guilt I felt over not keeping up my 3 X a week. LOL

For now, bye! Lynda

Andria and Sunny, I don't know that I could have been as strong as you in facing such loss. I admire you both for your strength and resiliency.

Christian
10-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Hey there ladies!
Sorry I havent been on the thread in awhile ...but I just had to come back with my 1st months results ;)
I lost 3 1/2 inches
and 3 1/2 pounds of body fat :D:D
only one pound but she said body fat is what I needed and muscle weighs more than fat so I am extatic!!!!!!

kari_berry
10-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Welcome Christian!!! Congratulations on your loss so far! I get my first weigh in on October 19th - so I am pretty excited! :)

Sunnyd57 - I'm glad things are starting to get a little better. It is so hard losing someone you love. I too over the last few years have lost a lot of family members. Even if I wasn't real close with some of them, it still hurt just the same. As long as we keep our chins up...we'll make it through :)

I still haven't been doing well food wise. I have been finding myself a little depressed lately and kinda snacking on whatever. September, October, and November are bad months for me. When I was 17 back in November of 1999 - I lost a pregnancy, and it still hurts to this day. I know I was way too young for a baby, but it still hurts just the same. I suppose it makes it worse because it's fall, and everything is changing. Sometimes I dislike changes, but they are bound to come.

I didn't make it to Curves today. I planned on going, but I had a few other things to do, and ended up missing. I know I HAVE to go tomorrow. I usually feel better once I work out. My muscles are sore today, though I didn't do any kind of exercise since Friday. My muscles are aching because they want to move. I am definatly going to Curves early tomorrow.

Well - I suppose I don't have much more to talk about. I'm getting a little sleepy, so I may check a few more boards, and then hit the sack for tonight

I hope everyone is well.....Good night

~ Kari ~

angel4real
10-07-2003, 12:42 AM
WOW, I cant believe I have been gone so long from this message board that I dont really recognize anyone but one person. :o This Thread has really taken off. What happened to Cassandra? she didnt move over with the new thread? Cassandra, if your out there hope everything is going well for you. Im really happy to see that this group has grown so much,
Sunny D you have done a great job keeping this thread going. I have been reading some of your post and you are a great motivator. I think it's great that you love Curves. I have been going to curves since May, I try to go at least 3 x a week, but there are time where I just am too lazy to go becasue I dont want to sit in traffic to get there. So i end up coming home to exercise. " But...(clicking my heels) there is no place like Curves" LOL

ok well i was just getting ready to go do my oxycise before my head hits the pillow.

ok, well i will try to check in from time to time.
have a great OP day tomorrow

Mia

aprilbride04
10-07-2003, 07:55 AM
Hi girls!!I haven't been on here since Friday night and there are so many postings!!

Got my morning workouts at Curves in Monday and this morning. Feel like I am going very slow...anyone ever feel like that? They just tightened our machines and moved them around and they are TIGHT!!

Christian - great job on your loss!! That is always motivating!!

Kari - I hope you are feeling better...I see that you have lost 60 pounds or so. That is great!! Don't beat yourself up over your binge but get your eating back on track! I have yo-yo dieted so much that I would hate to see you gain back all your weight when you are doing so great! One thing that I find helps me get back under control is to start with getting my water in and working out. If I do those two things the eating usually gets corrected- but I know it is easier said than done!

Sunny - glad you are feeling better...hang in there - proud of you for continuing your workouts through this mess...

Punkin - what diet are you on that you can't eat enchilada's? That must be hard!!

Ok- for those of you who asked me to keep you informed on my hypnotism...I am loving it!! I can't believe what it is doing for me...Friday night I went out with the girls and we were drinking beer and around 11pm or so they ordered pizza and breadsticks...one of my favorites. They kept trying to get me to eat some and I kept saying no ...I really had no desire to eat it...unbelievable for me!! Then, I went out with my sister to a mexican restaurant and there was chips and salsa on the table and about 15 minutes into our conversation she stopped and asked me if I was going to eat any...I was shocked...I didn't even notice that I wasn't eating them...if you girls new me personally you would know that never in a million years would I have passed up these foods! And it wasn't that I wanted them but held myself back...I really had no desire to eat any!! I eat slower and stop when I am full...I love it!!

I have been working out for about 3 weeks now and only 2 of those been going to Curves...I am already getting compliments on how I look like I have lost...so motivating!!

Alrighty - if I don't get my bootie moving I am going to be too late for work!! LOL!!

aprilbride

SJR
10-08-2003, 06:51 AM
HI all,

Wow, I can't believe the activity on this thread. We were away this weekend and I'm still trying to catch up. Another couple of weeks of a hectic schedule and then it should quiet down between sport seasons and I am hoping to post more. I do read them every day though.

I had my 2nd measurement last Friday. I lost 1/2 lb and 1 1/2 inches. I did not expect a whole lot because I haven't been giving 100%, but I did lose and that's always better than a gain.

Well, off to work. Will get to Curves this afternoon!

aprilbride - please keep us up-to-date on your hypnosis. That is really interesting!

aprilbride04
10-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Hi girls!!

Got my morning workout at Curves in...my second week is almost complete - just have to get tomorrow morning in!!

I feel so much better throughout the day knowing that I have gotten my workout in and that if I want to go home and workout I can but if I don't want to I don't have to!

I wish I could weigh myself...that is the only thing really driving me nuts right now!! I guess I should look at it as one week down, six to go and then I can step on the scale!!

Alrighty - talk to you all later! Have a great Wednesday!!

SunnyD57
10-08-2003, 10:01 AM
Good Morning Ladies! I am going to begin today by asking for special thoughts & prayers in my healing... I took a bad fall at my Curves this morning! I turned my right ankle in both directions stepping off the recovery station to go to the next machine and I went down really hard. I not only feel it in my ankle, but in my neck & shoulders and knee that I fell on --- what a mess! :mad: I am so mad at myself & sooo disappointed :cry: I cannot begin to tell you, because now I have to wait till Monday to go back! That means I miss two of my workouts! I am so bummed, so terribly bummed... I never ever would have thought I would be bumming about NOT going to a workout!! I am hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Thank you Angel-MIA, for the kind words... I am afraid I am not too encouraging today :( I am so sad about missing my workout today, cannot stop crying to see what I am writing.

SHERI ~ :flow1: I just couldn't be happier for you!!! :cp: Every little bit counts!!!! Yeah :dance: for you!!! :cp:

APRIL ~ Good for you in going to your workouts! Go for me, okay... Keep up the great job!!! It will be so well-worth it. That-a girl!!! Big-Pats on the back for you! Thanks for keeping us informed on your hypnosis... I have been sharing your info with my friend who is thinking about it herself. Sounds like it is doing the trick :)

KARI ~ I hope you are doing well... we haven't heard from you in a day or so. Thanks for your thoughts, I was feeling better till this morning happened.

Hi CHRISTIAN ~ YEAH :cp: YAHOO :flow2: WAY TO GO! :dance: So very happy to see you and that you have such great news! Come back!

Morning ROSIEE & LYNDA & BEV! :wave: Sure do hope you all have a wonderful day today & are able to get your workouts in. Stay in touch ;)

Take Care everyone... don't take a fall like I did.
God Bless!!

kari_berry
10-08-2003, 10:38 AM
Good Morning Ladies, I hope everyone is having a nice day so far.

Sunnyd57 - So sorry to hear about your fall! I have taken many tumbles like that in the past, and I know how bad they hurt! In order for it to heal properly, you need to give it a few days, even if it means missing a few work outs. I would be bummed too though. I really love going to Curves.

You know, there has been a few times where I've almost fallen at Curves, and not because I lost my balance, but because of the equiptment. At my Curves we have A LOT of equiptment, so we only go around the circle twice, but some times when they move the equiptment around, things get too close to each other, and it makes it hard to go from the platform to another piece of equiptment. Once the platform was so close to the other piece of equiptment, that I actually lodged my foot between the two, and had to jerk it out real quick. Not good. I should probably say something to the ladies who work there.

SJR - congrats on your loss!!! 1/2 lbs and 1 1/2 inches is wonderful!!! Keep up the great work!!

I'm a little nervous about my next weigh in. It is coming up on October the 19th. When I started Curves I weighed 262. Last week, I used their scale to weigh myself, and it said 264 lbs. Then yesterday I weighed myself and it was back down to 263 lbs. I'm a little nervous, and really need to get back on track eating wise if I want to be down for my monthly weigh in. Working out has been great, I've work hard when I'm there. It's just eating. I tend to eat too much of the stuff I don't need, and little of the stuff I do need. Yesterday wasn't too bad, so today I'll have to try a little harder. (Though I started off bad this morning with a little piece of Low Fat Pumpkin Pie.) http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/359.gif

Oh well - I'll start fresh from here. lol.

Aprilbride04 - definatly keep us updated on your hypnotism! :) There is a well known Dr. that occasionally offers things like this in our area, and I've considered, but never went. This may just encourage me to try it some time. :)

Well - I'm off to find something *somewhat* nutritious for breakfast. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/168.gif Then I'm heading out to Curves.

Have a great day everyone!

~ Kari ~ - - - - - > Super Woman! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_46.gif

Cassandra B
10-08-2003, 07:46 PM
Hello everyone. I am still around, I havent been doing really well as far as Curves go but I hope to start back tomorrow.

Sunny, I really hated to hear about you fall today. I hope you feel better soon. That sounds just like something I would do. I have been jogging on the recovery station and just jogged right off the side and twisted my ankle. Wear ankle supports, they will really make a difference.

I had a bad day at work today and needed to come read all of your great posts. They always make me feel better.

Some of you may remember from the other thread that I had my husbands 10 year high school reunion. It was great. I had lots of fun. Here is a quick pic so you can put a face with the name. I will post the professional ones when we get them back.

Talk to yall later!!! I missed you all!!!!!

http://www.supradreams.com/images/reunion/cassandra.jpg

SunnyD57
10-08-2003, 08:01 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4_6_8.gifOh my Gosh, CASSANDRA!!! You are just absolutely beautiful! And it is so nice to hear from you again!!! So did you have a great time at your reunion?!?! Boy, you look as if you really did drop some weight - you can see it from the bottom pic of you to this one --- CONGRATS to you! :cp: :dance: :cp:

I am just so happy to hear from you again, stay in touch, okay. I really have to go. I am not feeling very well this evening. Yes, I will be wearing a brace from here on in once I go back. Please say a prayer that I won't be out too long.

WELCOME BACK!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4_1_2.gif

SunnyD57
10-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Hi KARI ~ Thank you so much for sharing... makes me feel a little less like a fool. I have sprained this same ankle for the third time today in less then 7 wks. I now have to wear an air-brace for a few days till the swelling eases and Joe went to get me an anti-inflamatory. I will take you up on the resting days and try to go back on Monday... and I will wear a brace!!!

Oh... and maybe you should let them know that you have gotten your foot stuck. It may help someone else from taking a fall. You be careful, cuz this is just so painful - I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Take Care, sweetie... feel better!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1069.gif(((Hugs)))

angel4real
10-10-2003, 01:54 AM
Cassandra,
I have to agree with Sunny, You are beautiful Just look at that smile. Its soo good to see you are still around. DOnt feel guilty about not not doing well and not going to cuves. you know what they say. Life happens. It happens to me all the time. The important thing is that we find our way back.

Sunny, I will be praying. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

I should be asleep by now, but Im too happy right now. Im waiting for my Bf to get home. I bought him a money clip for Valentines day, and he lost it in April. Well tonight as i was going through clothes in my closet. ( trying stuff on to see if they fit me yet) well a pair of his pants were mixed in with mine, and WHen I went to look at them,. I felt something heavy in the pocket. I was so happy to see that the money clip was in there along with a $5 bill. He was really bummed because he knew how much that money clip meant to me. and now I think he will be as happy as I am that I found it. sorry for rambling. Just had to share my excitement about that with someone.

OK, well he should be home any minute, and I still have to get the coffee pot ready for him, for his morning coffee.

talk to you all later.

aprilbride04
10-10-2003, 10:51 AM
Sheri - Congrats on your loss!

Cassandra - Welcome back!

SunnyD - this is just not your month!! I am so sorry to hear that you are injured...I feel your pain - I am having awful back problems...you have just had some awful luck lately...you hang in there!!

Kari - I am loving the hypnosis - I would definitely recommend it but I would make sure that the person you go to has lots of experience and get some referrals...

Got my 4 days in at Curves but last night and today I am having awful back pains - again! My doctor can't get me in and I have a wedding that I am in tomorrow. I am on some flexerol and anti-inflamatory right now but I am hoping that it doesn't make me drowsy because the rehearsal dinner is tonight!

Anyways, I went for an hour long walk with my friend yesterday...it was so nice outside and it didn't even feel like an hour! Going to try and get some rest before tonight - hope you are all having a great Friday!

SunnyD57
10-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Good Morning everyone! Why are we so quiet here??? Is everyone still going to your workouts at Curves???!!!

KARI ~ You changed your picture again - I like that one, it's really neat looking, but why did you remove your picture??? You are adorable! Did you just feel like a change? Hope that's all it was... How are you feeling today?? Thinking of you.

I am doing better, but really feeling the bruising today --- all over (shoulders, arms, knee's as well as ankle)! I spoke to Sue (the owner at Curves) and I should be able to come back on Monday. I have to go get some high-top shoes OR wear extra supporting wraps on both ankles since they are weak... especially my right one. I fractured it in 1976 and have sprained it at least a dozen time since then (only the right one!) This one is pretty bad too. You cannot even see my ankle bones this morning & my toes are so swollen that they look like babies feet :lol: Gee... you think I'll make it through :lol: I am such a big baby when I get hurt ;)

Thanks so much ANGEL ;) You are sweet. I had a restless night too!!! I was up till 2am and then was up again with my hubby at 6am (awake @ 5:30, but didn't move till 6 :) ) I felt all the bruisiing in my body last night - nothing helped.

So glad you found your DBF's $-clip!!! :cp: I know what it's like when you lose something you really like. That happened to me once with my MGM watch I got at Epcot. I couldn't find it anywhere and then my hubby (years later mind you!) took our recliner chair apart to repair it and there it was!!! My watch!!! It was just so cool! And it still works... just too funny. I am happy for you both :bubbles:

SunnyD57
10-10-2003, 11:02 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_4_105.gifHi APRIL ~ I think we posted at the same time ;) I hope you feel better too! And I will hold you in my prayers that all goes well this evening and you don't feel too much pain or get sleepy. Watch the drinks if you take meds ;)

God Bless you and thanx for your kind words --- it has been a rough month, hasn't it. But I am a survivor... aren't we all :smug:

Rosiee
10-10-2003, 01:19 PM
well sunny I am now feeling your pain as last night we lost a very dear friend of ours. He was one of those older men that would give everything he owned to anyone that asked for it.. He was a very christian man and I know he is in safe arms now but still will miss him terribly. Just havent felt like doing curves now but will try to get back on monday.

kari_berry
10-10-2003, 04:56 PM
Hello Ladies,

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far! It is pretty nice here in Michigan right now, not too hot, not too cold.

SunnyD57 - I sure hope your ankle is okay. Have you gone to a doctor to get that checked out? I know swelling is normal with a sprain, but that sounds pretty bad. My mother fell once, and hurt her ankle really bad. Come to find out she tore some tendons, or ligaments (not sure which ones) but the doctor told her that that is the worst type of injury to your foot because it takes so long to heal. He told her that she would have been better off breaking her ankle than what she had. Hopefully yours in nothing too serious and heals up in a jiffy so you can get back to Curves.

angel4real - I'm happy that you found your husbands money clip! I'll bet he was thrilled to get it back! I couldn't even tell you how many things I have misplaced, and found years later. Summer of 2002 I had gotten a new pair of prescription sunglasses. Paid A LOT of money for them, and LOST them. I could have SWORN I left them at a park, but THIS summer I found them buried in our closet!! I was so happy to have them. (Those cheap sunglasses just don't compare). lol.

Welcome back Cassondra! You definatly look as if you have lost some weight! Way to go! :) Hope you had a wonderful time at your husbands 10 year reunion.

So for me, everything has been going 'okay'. Nothing too exciting happening in my life right now. Just working, and curving. Though I didn't get to go to Curves today. I had plans to. As a matter of fact, I have my work out clothes in the car, but plans changed because I had made plans to go to my fathers house, and then go to Curves, but *somehow* I forgot that I had to pick my niece up from school! So after driving ALL the way to my dads, I sat there for 30 minutes, and then realized that my niece was getting out of school in a half an hour, so I had to RUSH to go pick her up. When the kids got out, DeAnna wasn't there, so I asked her teacher, and come to find out, her mother came and picked her up early this afternoon... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_104.gif The least she could have done was call me on my cell phone, and let me know, so I could have continued with my plans. I am pretty upset about it, because I change my schedule A LOT to help her out with DeAnna. Oh well...

Yes, I did change my picture next to my name. I just wanted something a little different than myself...lol. Actually - that picture was taken in July and I want to put something more current up. I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my digital camera so I can post a new picture. So hopefully soon, I'll be back up. :)

So right now, I am off to my mother's house. She is having a pretty bad day today, and needs someone to talk to, so we are going to head out to a restraunt so we can talk over a meal. I'm going to *try* and not eat anything too bad. :)

Talk with you all later,

~ Kari ~ - - - - - - > Super Woman! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15_1_46.gif

kari_berry
10-10-2003, 04:58 PM
Rosiee - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will definatly say a prayer for you and your family tonight. Hang in there, and be strong.

~ Kari ~

SunnyD57
10-10-2003, 05:25 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=467981#post467981
Hi KARI ~ Real good to see you... this will be very quick - the above link is to the Christian Encouragers #175 Thread - there is a picture there of my foot (scroll down or up a bit - you can't miss it), you'll see it is pretty bad. But I'll live. Thanks for your concern. I am using an air-cast and it really does help take some pressure off of it when I am on it. I will write more later - my hubby is home.

Awwwwe ROSIEE ~ My heart http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/229.gif goes out to you {{{hugs}}} :grouphug: Loosing someone is so very painful, even though you know they are no longer in pain. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/17/17_1_10.gif My Prayers & thoughts are with you!

Cassandra B
10-10-2003, 05:40 PM
Thank all of you on the very sweet comments on my reunion pic. You all are great.

Oh my gosh, Sunny, I am so sorry about your foot. I saw your foot pic. You really need to stay off of it and relax all weekend! You make sure your make you hubby wait on you hand and foot!!!

Cassandra

Rosiee
10-10-2003, 10:40 PM
thanks for all the prayers sunny and kari, and sunny your foot looks very painful. hopefully it will feel better soon.

Bev
10-11-2003, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone, well I have been away from the thread for awhile but i have been going to curves.

SunnyD- I am sorry about your ankle- i hope you feel better soon.

well it is time I hit the bed but i did want to say hi.

bev

angel4real
10-12-2003, 05:44 AM
Sunny D. I hope that your ankle is feeling better. I saw the pic and that looks like a nasty sprain. My daughter has been on crutches for the last week, and even missed school because it was just too painful for her to get around on the crutches. The crutches cut into her and bruised her under her arms, Pretty nasty also. I was really upset about her spraining her ankle. She did it at her fathersí house and it happened because he is an irresponsible adult. She was sitting in his van with the back open. And he decided to move the car with her sitting in it, with her legs hanging out the back, well it apparently drug one of her legs and resulted in a sprain. He's so lucky it didnít break. I think I would have killed him. I am so mad at him for being so irresponsible,. I was even madder because he took her home like that. He thought that she was over reacting. My mom took her to the emergency room after he dropped them off at home, and they x-rayed it and found that it was badly sprained. I felt so bad for her. She is now able to walk with out the crutches, but sill has pain. So I can just imagine what you are going through.

Roiee, I am so sorry for your loss. But at the same time I'm envious of him. He is now in the presence of the Lord. How much better could it get. He is definitely in a much better place, I only get sad when someone dies that doesnít know the Lord, but when they know the Lord, then there is nothing to worry about because we know they are in the right place.

Kari, How frustrating. I would have been really P.Od if they would not have called me to tell me their was a change of plans. Especially if you had to move your schedule around because of it. I hope that everything with your mother was OK

OMG I didnít realize itís almost 2:45am, I better get to bed. I have a full day ahead of me. Hope everyone is doing well, and I will check back again soon.

Mia

kari_berry
10-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Today is such a beautiful fall day! The temperature has dropped a little, but it is really nice today. A very good walking day!

I hope everyone else is having a beautiful day too. :)

On Friday, my mother and I went out to eat at the Outback Steak House. She just needed someone to talk with because she is having a hard time at work. She works Security at a Steel Plant here in Detroit She has worked there for MANY years, and just recently was promoted to Superviser, because the previous guy in charge was a goof off. Now she over sees all of these other people, plus has to deal with all the other stuff that goes on at the office. Some of the people that she never had to deal with before are really pressing her buttons, and trying to see how much she can take. She wants to give up the position. But it's the pay that keeps her there. I just told her to stick it out for a while, and see if things get better. She is still learning the ropes of being in charge. Hopefully it will get better for her.

Yesterday, I had to work from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. - then I had to run over to my niece DeAnna's birthday party. We were there ALL NIGHT. I was absolutly horrible food wise. I had tortila chips with salsa, a hot dog, half a slice of pizza, some noodle salad, taco salad, a few margaritas, and CAKE. OUCH! I definatly could have done better, but I just wasn't thinking. :( Today I am going to TRY MY BEST to stay on plan. I know when I get my first weigh in at Curves there won't be a loss. More than likely a gain. But I'll deal, and try to do better for the next weigh in.

SunnyD57 your ankle looks quite painful! YOUCH! I'd act like a cry baby too if I hurt my ankle like that! Make sure your hubby takes good care of you and your ankle! I'd probably lay on the sofa all day with a little bell, and ring it when I needed something! :lol: (Not trying to give you any ideas or anything) lol ;)

angel4real - I would be TOTALLY upset too! I cannot believe that first of all, he would have her sitting in the back of the van with the hatch open, then move it with her just sitting there! He must have really not been thinking about what *could have* happened, until it did. And then to not even bring her to the ER to get checked out, when she was complaining that it hurt. I agreee, very irresponsible. I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. I know how those crutches are a bummer.

Well - I am off. I didn't get to Curves on Friday or Saturday so I NEED to go this week! But since they are closed today, I'll make sure to walk - with my pedometer this time.

Talk to ya'll later! Have a great day! :)

~ Kari ~

Revely
10-13-2003, 02:46 PM
Hello there! I've been keeping up with this thread when I can, and have called my local Curves and made an appointment for a consulation later this week. However, it was impossible to get anything other than a canned answer out of them regarding cost! I must admit, I find this a bit off-putting, though I understand that they like to get you there before revealing the damage. Still, I'm in the process of changing banks and would like to know if this is something I should start at the beginning of November or what. The woman on the phone mentioned that I should "come prepared to make a decision" and I would actually like to do that, but I'm not the type to be pressured either. ;) Anyone here know the actual cost??

Any help would be appreciated. If not, I'll probably cancel my appointment until I can get some more information.

Thanks!

SunnyD57
10-13-2003, 03:11 PM
WELCOME REVELY! I can let you know what I paid here in OHIO.

There are three ways to pay:
The FIRST (most expensive) is to pay monthly & for me that was $39.00 (+tx - some places/states don't charge tax)

SECOND is to have them automatically take from your checking (or in my case they are charging my VISA ea mo) @ $29.00 (+tx) and

THIRD to pay in full for the year the day you come to sign up (which they do not offer unless you ask, because it is the cheapest way to go & I think they lose $ on it, so they don't offer unless you ask) & that fee is less then the $29.00 but I don't know by how much. I think it was $2.00 - $4.00 less each month that way.

**Oh and there is a fee you pay at the beginning too - usually $149.00, but in my case I was dicounted and only paid the $49.00 + the first payment.**

Now that I have really confused you :dizzy: I hope I have helped.

Once you get past all that and get going I think you will enjoy your Curves allot - I know I do! Also ask if they have someone on the floor at all times to show you how to use the machines till you get the hang of them too. I know that I got a real bad neck and shoulder pain from keeping my head up and not putting it all the way down on each machine. Once I did it right I didn't hurt anymore. I just asked someone to help me and they were great about it. Don't be afraid to ask questions, okay. It's the noisy wheel that gets the oil ;)

Hope that you go and at least give it a look-see. It is well worth your while.

Luck!

kari_berry
10-13-2003, 03:17 PM
Hello Revely - http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_5_5.gif to our Curves thread.

I joined Curves on September 19th and I have LOVED it so far. It's the ONLY thing I've ever been able to stick to. But like you, I too was put off. Not because of your reason, but the lady who I dealt with was not very friendly. At my Curves though, the women were not pushy, and didn't try to "make" me buy a membership.

That seems wrong that they would not tell you any pricing information over the phone. Sounds like they really didn't want you to make up your mind by just one phone call.

So to clear a little bit of this up - here is some of the pricing information. (Some Curves are different, but this is what I've seen for most of them.)

You can pay month to month which will cost you $39 a month. With this membership, you cannot go to any other Curves gym. Only the gym you took the membership out at.

You can pay by having them take the money right out of your checking account EACH month. If you allow them to do this, it will only cost you $29.00 per month. You will also then be allowed to go to ANY curves that you would like.

And of course, you can pay for an ENTIRE year membership at a discounted price. (Usually about $350). Which is WAY better than $468 dollars for the $39 a month.

Also - when you FIRST sign up - there is a one time start of fee. It is *usually* $150 - but they ALWAYS have discounts, most the time half off. (For me, if cost exactly $114 to start my membership).

I personally choose to do the month to month out of my own pocket because, first of all I don't have a checking account. And second of all, I honestly do not want to commit myself for a year. You have to sign the contract before you even work out, so you don't really know if you'll like it or not. Everyone is different. I may have signed up, and payed for a WHOLE year, and not liked it. Then I'd be out 350 dollars. So I will continue to pay the 10 dollars more a month, because life happens. Who knows if you will be able to continue going?

I love Curves though, and I get a great work out. I wasn't too impressed with the people there, but like I've said, I am not buying the people, I am buying my membership to workout there, and get in shape. Curves is BETTER than any gym I have ever been to before.

If you have any other questions or concerns about Curves before you go to your consultation, please just post them here. Everyone is so helpful, and willing to answer any questions you may have.

Good luck to you, and I look forward to seeing you around here more often! :)

~ Kari ~

SunnyD57
10-13-2003, 03:36 PM
:wave: Hi KARI ~ I just wanted to thank you for the great idea of the bell :lol: My hubby did take real good care of me - thanx. You are cute! I am doing so much better today!! I went back to Curves this morning and I did just fine. I had my ankle wrapped and wore an air-brace. I have what they call a phase two sprain. I just marched in place insetad of jogging and did fine. My ankle is in the ugly green stage of bruising, but it is so much better then it looks. Today we got our 9th machine in a new one for us :) It was great - it is an AB one. I look forward to having all 13 one day. I liked that little extra workout you get with another machine. I may go tomorrow morning to make up for the two I missed last week ( waiting to see how the leg feels).

:dance: I was thrilled to read your last post and see you so up and feeling good!! :cp: Keep up the great job!!

:lol: We must have been posting at the same time to answer REVELY's question... too funny. :lol: I agreed with you about everything as far as fee's and such. I love Curves!
Keep up the great job & feeling good!!

SunnyD57
10-13-2003, 03:43 PM
Sunny D. I hope that your ankle is feeling better. I saw the pic and that looks like a nasty sprain. My daughter has been on crutches for the last week, and even missed school because it was just too painful for her to get around on the crutches. The crutches cut into her and bruised her under her arms, Pretty nasty also. I was really upset about her spraining her ankle. She did it at her fathersí house and it happened because he is an irresponsible adult. She was sitting in his van with the back open. And he decided to move the car with her sitting in it, with her legs hanging out the back, well it apparently drug one of her legs and resulted in a sprain. He's so lucky it didnít break. I think I would have killed him. I am so mad at him for being so irresponsible. I was even madder because he took her home like that. He thought that she was over reacting. My mom took her to the emergency room after he dropped them off at home, and they x-rayed it and found that it was badly sprained. I felt so bad for her. She is now able to walk with out the crutches, but sill has pain. So I can just imagine what you are going through.

Hi ANGEL ~ As I mentioned to KARI I am doing so much better - THANK-YOU so much for asking!

How is your DD doing????!!!! I would have been so very upset too! Cannot say that I blame you for your feelings one bit! He really should have taken her to the hospital when she complained. You just cannot ever tell with children and when there's doubt - just take them in. "What waas he thinkin'?" Sounds like he just didn't want to be bothered... what a shame! I really do hope she is feeling better - sprains take so long to heal. I will be wearing a brace for a long time coming with this one I have.

How are you feeling??

Bev
10-13-2003, 03:47 PM
If you pay for the year upfront you get 10% off. That is what I did. Bev

SunnyD57
10-13-2003, 03:49 PM
Hello there ROSIEE ~ I just want you to know that I am thinking of you! *Prayers*

Hope you are feeling a little better today. Try to get to your workouts if you can - it really did help me when I went through all those losses! I just cannot see me "not going" to my workouts anymore. I was bumming so much when I couldn't go for those two days last week.

Hi BEV!!! :wave: Where are you??? Hope you are doing well and still going to your Curves.

SunnyD57
10-13-2003, 04:03 PM
:lol: BEV ~ We posted at near the same time... :lol:

Joe & I had such a nice weekend... we went with our friends to the Apple Butter Festival in Burton, Oh. and saw some awesome colors in our tree's and some Hot air balloons (Beautiful!) and some really different kites!! Yes, kites... it was perfect weather for it all! Saw many crafters, and flea market finds - I just gimped my way though and enjoyed it all. There was no way I was going to stay home with such awesome weather. Yesterday my hubby went to see a football game at the Cleveland Statium... his first time there since it was built. I could climb all those stairs, so he went with my girlfriend, Peggy. They both were like a couple of kids... so happy about going to see a live game! I was so happy for them. And we won too! A great game to see. I watched on the telly... with my leg up from all the walking I did the day before. Today is beautiful too... warm and so sunny and the colors! Awesome!

What did you all do? Did you have fun??
Hope it was a great weekend for you all too!
God Bless you all!

Our tree:

Bev
10-13-2003, 04:44 PM
I didn;t do anything interesting this weekend. My daughter had a couple birthday parties this weekend so I took her there.

I was wondering what type of eatting program everyone is on? I do good with going to curves 3 times a week but I have a problem with my eatting. Bev

Cassandra B
10-13-2003, 09:22 PM
Sunny,
I am glad to hear that you got up and around this weekend. The apple butter festival sound like it would be right up my ally. My parents went to the apple festival in the Blue Ridge Mountains Ga. Sounds fun, I wish Todd would take me. Speaking of Todd, I am so proud of him. He went and took his Certification test to be a CCNA (Cisco Certifed Network Associate). He is all in to these computers. We have been studying like dogs for months. I am so proud. This is a major accomplishment for him!

Hope everyone is doing great!!!

SunnyD57
10-13-2003, 10:03 PM
CASSANDRA ~ Always good to hear from you. :) Yes! The festival was so much fun and absolutely beautiful! It was the kind of day you wish would last forever.

:cp: Yeaaaa Todd! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_8.gif :cp:

kari_berry
10-13-2003, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day so far. I wish the temperature was warmer so I could lay out in the sun... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1054.gif but I'll take what I can get..lol ;)

I'm glad your ankle is feeling better SunnyD57 :) The apple butter festival sounds like a blast! We have a local place here in Michigan called "apple charlies" and we go there every year. We pick apples, buy apple cider, and donuts. They have horse carriage rides, and a nice petting farm for the kids. I wish they had things like craft shows though. I LOVE going to craft shows.

And Cassandra, tell Todd - - > http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_7_13.gif What an awesome accomplishment!

My weekend was fairly boring. Worked Saturday, then went to my Niece's birthday party and ate all kinds of fatty foods. On Sunday I hung around the house all day and really did nothing. If Curves were open I would have been there, but no, they are not open on Sundays. Though the lady at Curves did mention that they were *thinking* about Sundays, but later in the day because of Church. I'm not sure if that will happen though. I hope so!

This morning, I slept in until about 10:15. (I love working the late afternoon shift at work because I get to sleep!) Then I got ready and went to Curves. Today I was SO exhausted working out. I thought I was going to keel over and die!!! I don't know if it was because I had been away from Curves for about 3 days, or just because I was working harder. Phew...I was sweating and I could really feel the burn today!

Other good news...I FINALLY broke the 262 barrier!!! When I weighed myself at Curves today, I was at 261 lbs...WOO HOO...:cb: One pound, is one pound. :)

Today I also turned in my slip for the free "Curves Member Guide" book. It's a nice book, and it has a lot of information in it. The Curves diet plan is also in there, but there is NO WAY I could ever stick to it. Not that I think I couldn't do it...I just wouldn't want to. It's pretty much a low carb thing. I'm trying to cut down on carbs, but I need more than 20 grams a day ;) lol

Work this evening was a little stressful. I had to learn a new program at work, and the computer just wasn't working well with me..lol. I actually got frustrated, packed up an hour early, and went home..lol.

So things have been going okay. I've been in a pretty good mood so far. I think Curves really makes me feel good about myself, and increases my self esteem. *A good reason to go!*

Well, that's it for this evening. I have to wake up early and take Ricardo to work. He doesn't have enough gas in his truck to get there and he doesn't get paid until Friday..lol...so I get the honors of taking him.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_4.gif

~ Kari ~

Rosiee
10-14-2003, 01:24 AM
The prayers are much appreciated sunny. Had the funeral today. Got through it pretty good until they sang amazing grace. I cant listen to that song without tearing up as it is heh. So hopefully tomorrow will be back to curves.

Rosiee
10-14-2003, 01:31 AM
sorry was reading the last few post and missed a thank u to mia.

revely...my curves offered a free 1 week trial to see if I liked it. see if they do that at the one your looking at too. the 'be ready to make a decision' comment seems a little pushy to me.

qsilver
10-14-2003, 11:45 AM

I haven't been to Curves in almost a week! Ack!
Last week was a disaster between jobs and getting ready for our BMX track grand opening here in town. I was running around so much I ended up limping and having to put my leg up in the evenings.
I planned to be back at Curves bright and early yesterday morning, but my car has decided to not start. I had the battery checked, and it has gone bad. From just fine to bad in the space of about 5 minutes. I'm not kidding! I made two short trips around town and at the third, my car wouldn't start. We got it home, but it hasn't started again since. :( Yes, I'm whining. I wanted to be at workout this morning instead of waiting for DH to get home from school and bringing the new battery. Next thing to pray for is that it is only the battery and not any other problems with the electrical system. Until DH finds another full-time job, things are really tight here, and I can't afford any other problems.
Curves helps keep me from stressing over everything else in my life. Many things in life are beyond my control, but that usually doesn't stop me from worrying over them. Well, working out keeps life in perspective for me. Working out at Curves makes it fun as well. I've been to plenty of gyms and really enjoyed their programs, but this is the first time I've seen real results, and I should actually say really amazing results.
Now, for my honey to get back home with that battery. I need my sanity break today!

Kari, I thought the same thing when I first read the Curves diet plan, but after a while and a bunch of other women there losing tons of weight, I decided to give it a shot. The first few days were kind of rough because I am such a total carb addict (didn't realize it until I wasn't eating them!), but after that, it just wasn't a big deal. Besides, you actually eat a whole lot more than 20 grams a day because of all the free foods. The shake is also 20 grams, but you don't count those either. The most amazing thing of it all is the maintenance program. I have seriously NEVER gone off a diet and not gained all the weight back within a short period of time. After the first week and a half of maintenance, I haven't gained more than a quarter pound back, and have actually lost another 4 lbs, and I'm eating about whatever I want. Anyway, that was long, but I thought the diet deserved the plug.

Sunny, how are you up and moving around at all on that ankle! The picture looked so incredibly painful. Take it slow, chick. The apple butter festival sounded like a blast. :)

Rosiee, I'm a bit late, but wanted to offer my condolences as well. *HUGS*

Cassandra, :bravo: to your honey on getting his CCNA done! That really is a huge accomplishment.

Revely, I'd suggest just going in and getting the info up front from your Curves as to pricing and whatnot. It really is hard to explain it all over the phone. They might not have been trying to pressure you? Not sure, but I hope not. At ours they wanted me to sign up that day, but I explained that my dh wasn't there and we make all those decisions together. They let me take the paperwork home, and I signed up the next day. I did the year with automatic withdrawal and haven't looked back once. :)

I've got to hurry and finish getting ready for work here. Thank goodness I can walk to this first job!

Andria

angel4real
10-14-2003, 06:24 PM
Sheesh, Itís more expensive here in California. I do the automatic monthly, and its $39 a month. I wish it was only $29. But then again, it depends on each curves I believe,

SunnyD: DD is doing much, much better, she is now able to walk on it again, but she still has a limp. My sons are calling her limpy. Lol Thank you for asking. Sunny, the problem was that her dad was NOT thinking, but that doesnít surprise me one bit!

Cassandra, congrats to Todd on his CCNA, My bf is also a CCNA, and he is currently studying for his MCSE, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer. I also work in computers, but I donít have any certs. Iím not good at tests. I know I could make more money if I had my certs, but I donít study well.

Kari, Congrats on breaking the 262. Feels great doesnít it?
I get excited with every half pound that I lose.
Kari, I do the Atkins diet, and the low carb things isnít as bad as you think it is. There are so many companies out there that have jumped on the low carb bandwagon that you really donít feel like you are dieting. I can have a hamburger with a bun, and Atkins has low carb bread, and there is a company out there that manufactur Low carb tortillas. Last night for dinner, we had burritos. I started doing Atkins in July,k and I have lost 24 pounds. Oh yeah and there is even a low carb margarita mix. yummy

Rosiee, Youíre welcome!

Ok back to work for me.

Mia

Cassandra B
10-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Angel, Todd has his MCP, MCSE, and CCNA. He is studying (again) to get recertified as a MCSE. I think after he does this he will do A+. My brain would be fried by now if I did that. I am not very computer literate but I sure can post on 3FC!!

Thanks for all the "Congrats" for Todd. I will make him read this when he gets home.

Did someone say MARGARITA MIX???? I sure need it after the day I had!!! You think I would be happy since yesterday was a state employee holiday, but like the old saying goes...give me an inch and I will want a mile.

Cassandra B
10-14-2003, 07:51 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33216

I posted in the depression forum. Please read and give me your advice. I wanted to hear from people who "know" me too.

SJR
10-14-2003, 08:31 PM
Gosh, you know how you read something and really want to reply, but don't have any idea what to say?? Cassandra, I wish I could help with words of wisdom, but they escape me. I guess I really don't know what PCOS is to begin with. I hope someone that knows what you are going thru gives you the words of wisdom you need. All I can say is that I am here to listen!! :)

SunnyD & Angel: Ok, this must be ankle season. My daughter inverted her ankle the beginning of September playing football with a group of kids. It ruined her field hockey season and she is still limping. Her ankle turned purple too, and the top of her foot down between her toes turned black. It was pretty gross, but is getting better. Ice and rest were the only things that helped her. Of course, she didn't rest it much!!

I can't believe how many posts this thread receives in a day!! I'm way behind, and apologize.

Have to run, but I wanted to let Cassandra know that I was hearing her!

aprilbride04
10-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Hey Ladies!!

Wow - tons of postings!!

Went to Curves Monday, didn't make it there today. Found out today that I am going to Kauai for my honeymoon so I will be there tomorrow!!

Been having some major back issues...went Monday but couldn 't do the squat machine...

ok - gotta read all these postings but short on time - will get back with you all tomorrow! Keep up the great work!!

kari_berry
10-14-2003, 09:52 PM
CassondraB (((HUGS))) - though I don't know what you are going through with PCOS - I do understand depression. When I was depressed, I cried a lot. Sometimes for no reason at all. I always felt like I was too tired to do anything, wanting to sleep every chance I had, just so I wouldn't have depressing thoughts in my head. It seemed like sleep was the only time I was feeling better.

I did see a Dr. (counselor) for several years and just by being able to talk with someone made a difference. Sometimes talking with family and friends just isn't enough. Sometimes you need that *extra* person.

Going to counseling, or a Doctor is not for crazy people. If you feel down, and you *think* you are depressed, you very well could be.

I would speak to a couselor first. There just may be a lot of built up emotions inside of you that need to get out. That may help a lot! And most insurance companies will help pay for couseling. If you go right to a doctor, (a family practitioner) they will more than likely evaluate what they think your emotional state it, and give you some medication like Paxil, Zoloft, or Celexa. I really wouldn't recommend the meds though unless you see a councelor first. Like I said, sometimes you may just need to talk. The pills work, but they also come with many side effects.

CassandraB - I hope this has helped in some way or another. I'm not a doctor or anything, so all I can do is give the best advice I can think of. (((Hugs))) again to you - and you WILL make it through. If you need anything at all, or just need to talk, I'm always here!

Take Care,
~ Kari ~

angel4real
10-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Cassandra, Even though I donít know exactly what PCOS is, I can imagine just how hard this situation is for you. What exactly is the clomid for? I know it's for the PCOS, but will it help control it to the point where it might help you lose some of the weight? About your husband, It sounds like he loves you very much, It sounds to me like he is looking out for your health, but He cant ever understand how you feel. Does he have a weight problem too? If not, it sounds to me like he just doesn't understand the frustrations of not being able to lose. It's frustrating especially if you have tried every diet under the sun. He may be right though about if you lose the weight, it will happen. I recently read a success story on e-diets, about a lady was had tried to get pregnant, but couldnít. She went on Atkins to lose the weight, and the next thing that she knew, she was pregnant. It could happen.
What do your Doctors suggest for you? Have they given you any options? I know that Gastric by-pass is a last resort, and it's not for everyone.
I understand the not having the motivation. But you need to find the motivation. Let that Baby, that you want so bad be the motivation. You have to remember though. Look at it in the sense of a lifestyle change. Not just a diet where you lose the weight then you go back to eating like you did before. I have realized in my weight loss journey that until I was ready to make this lifestyle change, it just wasnít going to happen for me. I would always diet, lose the weight then go back to my old eating habits. We think of diet as a weight loss method. That's not what a diet really is. Diet is what you eat, and what you eat makes us fat. There is a ďdietĒ out there for you; you just need to find the right one. I understand your frustration of being 26 and over weight. I'm 34 and just recently have started taking my health seriously. I wish I wouldnít have waited so long.

Depression is a serious thing, Iíve been there before. In my opinion, if you have to ask yourself if you need to see a Dr for your depression, then maybe you should. Just to see what he will say. Do it for your own peace of mind. He may be able to help you. I knew that when I started to ask myself that same question, I new it was time to call. I'm so glad that I did.
Do you attend church regularly? Or even at all? If you do, maybe you can seek spiritual help from a pastor, or a pastorís wife. During one of my bouts with depression, spiritual counseling is one of the things that got me through, and it is what got me off of the sleeping pills I had to take just to be able to sleep at night.

Cassandra, What you want and need is VERY important, Itís like I tell my kids, If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy. You need to tend to your needs, and Todd needs to understand this, and try o support YOUR decision. Remember itís your body.
Now, I am not in anyway trying to put you and Todd against each other on this situation, but Only you know what you need.

I feel your pain, even though I have my kids, I know the empty feeling of wanting a child. The empty feeling of that child not being in your life. I have wholes in my heart where there should be children.

I hope that I didnít say anything that may have sounded harsh. I'm only looking at it from the perspective of how I would handle things.
Cassandra, I will be praying for you.

If you ever are feeling down and need someone to talk to, You can always instant message me if I am online. I looked in your profile, and I saw that you have aol, so here is my AIM screen name. miescalante
Feel free to I'm me anytime.

Hugs for you Cassandra

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Mia

qsilver
10-15-2003, 11:45 AM
Cassandra, there is a terrific PCOS thread here on 3fc. I was reading up on it after my best friend was diagnosed. Many of the women are going through the same struggles you are right now. And you might find something in there to help your DH understand the real problems you are facing.
PCOS, from what I understand, makes losing weight very difficult. It can sometimes makes conceiving a child impossible, but not always. There are medications to help and some doctors out there who really know what to do to help.
Also, as to having a child while you are overweight, it happens all the time and with no complications. Pregnancy isn't a guarantee that you will get to hold a baby in nine months, whether you are the most fit woman in the world or not. Sure, it is nicer to be all fit and happy with your body beforehand, and recovery times are usually faster, but as to holding off on trying until you are some ideal size... I'd say just do what your heart tells you is right.
The depression side of things I'm not much help with. I go through bouts of my own, and some of them last a long time. I've become better at recognizing them and doing what is necessary to move beyond that darkness inside of me. Working out helps a lot.

Hope to have said something that helps at least a little. I can't understand your entire pain, but I'm very willing to listen and help out as I can.

Andria

Bev
10-15-2003, 02:26 PM
well I just got back from the dr and the news was not good. I have several different medical problems, irritable bowel syndrome, plantaar facsitis, 2 knee surgeries on one knee ( I still have swelling and pain in knee even though surgery was a year ago.) well I went to the dr today because I have been nausous( sp) I get very sick when I eat things like popcorn and nuts, bad stomach pains. Since the medication I am on is not working for all the symptoms I have to stop taking it even though it is helping with some. The dr doesn;t think there is much he can do for the nausousness and feeling sick when I eat certain things. He told me I will not be able to eat popcorn or nuts anymore. He is sending me to a gastroenterologist. But if he doesn;t find anything that I will just have to deal with it. I am so sick it is like morning sickness pretty much everyday. I was hoping he would be able to find something to help me.

between my IBS problems, my knee and foot problems I am so tired of pain everyday. I just want it to go away.

ok sorry for venting but I knew you ladies would understand.

bev

kari_berry
10-15-2003, 05:30 PM
its_my_life - I understand what you are going through with the IBS. I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease last spring. IBS and Crohns have all the same symptoms, and can sometimes be diagnosed as IBS. Once you go to the gastroenterologist they will let you know what's going on. But I understand the pain associated with it, and not being able to eat certain foods that you like. Anything containing nuts or seeds really bother me at times. I was also told to stay away from cucumbers because the seeds (even though they are small) really irritate my intestines. And I LOVE cucumbers. I don't eat much popcorn, so that isn't too big of a problem, but when I do, it sure causes problems.

Anyways, just thought I'd chime in let you know that there is someone else here who *kinda* understands what you are going through in that aspect. Hope everything turns out okay!

~ Kari ~

kari_berry
10-15-2003, 05:42 PM
So how was everyone's day today? I was off work today, so I took advantage of it. I layed around in my PJ's...lol. Okay, well I actually only did that until about 1:30 and then went to visit my dad. After my visit with him, I dropped my Curves and got my 30 minutes in.

Next wednesday our Curves is having their 3 year anniversary, so they are giving away a whole bunch of free stuff. I can't wait to go. I really really really want a curves t-shirt! lol.

Other good news - I am down in weight again! :cb: 260 lbs :cb: I am soooo excited! And that was weighing myself in the afternoon, so I must not be doing as bad as I thought I was! :) I'm going to get measured on the 20th of this month, so I can't wait to see if there were any inches lost.

Today my fiance' hurt his back at work. Sometimes he tends to over exagerate things, but I can tell he is really hurting. He said he was trying to pull out a small tree (he works in landscaping) and when he was pulling, he heard a *pop* and then pain. He doesn't have any insurance, so he can't go to a doctor. So he'll just have to ride it out, and see what happens. I don't enjoy giving back massages...lol...but I may have to!

Well - I'm off to finish up a few things! I am making a little website for my weight loss journey, and I want to add a few things. When I get it close to being finished, I'll let you all know. ;)

Talk care everyone, have a wonderful day!

~ Kari ~

VOW
10-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Hey, I'm a Curver! I joined in April, and I've lost weight and inches....still have a LONG way to go, but Curves is the LEAST OBJECTIONABLE WAY for me to get my exercise.

Exercise has always been a dirty word to me. Of all the diets I've gone on through the years, I've fought exercising. I hate it.

However, last December I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes. I MUST exercise now. Period.

For me, Curves is the way to go!

(and I've also fallen there, LOL...I had technicolor bruises for WEEKS!)

~VOW

Cassandra B
10-15-2003, 08:10 PM
I want to thank all of you for your concern and great advice. I talked with our office manager today to see if we had a counselor that is there for state employees to talk to. She is supposed to be checking on this for me.

I tried to talk to Todd last night but its just not sinking in. His theory is there is something wrong if you dont over come something. I told him that I have tried to lose weight and I cant. He said "Well, you need to see someone to find out why." Is it just me or is that wierd? So, If he did the best he could and still failed the CCNA test he took Monday does that mean he need to see a Dr. to see why!!!!
When Todd and I met (in high school) his goal in life was to weight 130. We got married in May of 1997 and he gained all the way up to about 200. He has lost down in to the 160's. So now that he has done it everyone else should to. He also doesnt have PCOS to hold him back either. So I was told last night that if I never lost the weight, I would never have a baby. I really dont want this to sound like I am bad mouthing him because I am not. This is just the way he feels. Who am I to say hes wrong?? I am the one who's probably going to see a Dr.

Oh and Bev, I too have IBS. I havent yet found a med to control this problem. I usually take immodium but sometimes it doesnt work. It doent matter what I eat. This problem usually keeps me from going out to eat with family and friends which is a real bummer. There are different symptoms of IBS. What are yours?

ok, I will shut up now....
Its almost time to watch the Bachelor.

Love,
Cassandra

Bev
10-15-2003, 09:33 PM
Hi everyone,

First of all does anyone know what a custodial savings account is ? I am thinking of starting an account for the kids but I am confused about a regular account and custodial account. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. The problem with a regualar account is that at my bank it takes $100. to open and with two kids I would need an extra $200 ( which I don't have)

My symptoms of IBS are severe constipation, nausea (all the time pretty much) stomach pains, not able to eat certain foods because they cause my pain, bloating. The dr put me on Zolnorm but told me to stop taking it since it really isn't helping me. Cassandra, what are your symptoms?

Bev

aprilbride04
10-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Hi gals!!

Went to Curves this morning - felt great. Then I did a lot of walking tonight - 4 hours!! Was at a fundraiser where I had to waitress so I was moving for 4 hours...pretty good!

Cassandra - It sounds to me that you need to go talk with a family counslor...I don't want to act like I know what you are going through - no one but you does, but your hubby does not sound like he realizes what life is like for you and I do not think that he is being very supportive of you. I think in this situation that you are going to need the help of a professional for him to understand that different people have different problems and needs in life and that you need to be supported - not told to just lose weight.

SunnyD - how is the foot?

Got hypnotized for the second time - two weeks from now is my third and last time. I am really happy with the way things are going - I feel like I am losing and it isn't just from Curves - my eating is under control and the only time in the past that it has ever been in control is from dieting...I love that I am not on a diet - just changing my habbits and that I don't have to count anything!! The Detroit Free Press did an article on my hypnosis and he is considered one of the top hypnotists in the world...I can't believe that he is so close to me and that I found out about him!! Pretty crazy to think that the top hypnotist in the world live in Michigan!!

Ok - everyone have a great night and I will talk with you all tomorrow!!

kari_berry
10-15-2003, 09:43 PM
Welcome VOW - glad you are here! :) Congrats on your loss so far with Curves! I haven't had my first weigh in yet, but it is coming up on Monday, so I am pretty excited! :) So far I know I lost 2 lbs this month, (wish it were more, but I wasn't eating too good). Hopefully I lost some inches though. That's what matters in the end.

CassandraB I am glad you are going to speak with a counselor. Hopefully this will help a little, but it sounds like your husband should also go, or take part some how. Maybe he doesn't fully understand PCOS, and by being in a room with a counselor, it will force him to listen to what exactly you are saying, and what your needs are. Keep us updated, we're always here to help if you need anything!

~ Kari ~

kari_berry
10-15-2003, 10:42 PM
Well...I somewhat finished my Weight Loss Website.

It's nothing special or anything, just a little space to keep me encouraged. :)

Just thought I would share it with you.

http://www.geocities.com/kari_hager@sbcglobal.net/kari.html

~ Kari ~

angel4real
10-16-2003, 01:33 AM
i dont really have time to post right now, but saw that Have any of you tried Bentyl? My bf has ibs, and that is what was prescribed for him. It works great for him.

Mia

SunnyD57
10-16-2003, 02:13 AM
Dearest Cassandra ~ My heart really goes out to you. I have somewhat of an idea of what you may be going through and so wish I could make things better for you, but I think that going to a counselor is a good idea... at least give it a go. I am so sorry I didn't respond sooner ~ I was at my own "pity party" for the last couple days, with this ankle. In fact, that's why I am up now - just couldn't sleep with the pain it is giving me - PLUS you have been on my heart, heavily.

I hope you don't mind me sharing with you:
When I was 18 and just newly married I miscarried my first preg. at 4 months and then at 19 lost our first and only baby, Lisa Anne, in a car accident I had when I was less then two weeks before having her. It was snowy here in OH and I was driving a VW (engine in the back) and hit the slush just right and began to lose control of the car on a hill. A van came down the hill I was going up and he hit me on the passenger side. The impact caused Lisa to just burst up out of her womb and she instantly died. Me... I was rushed to the hospital barely able to breathe with her up inside my ribcage and had a dislocated left knee from it hitting the steering column & had a huge blood loss. To make a very long story as short as I am able ~ I not only lost Lisa, but all chances of ever having children again. They had to remove most of my uterus, one ovary & tube and had to do some repairs on my intestines. To date I have had four surgeries total eventually removing everything (by age 26) that was left due to many cysts & tumors that liked to take possession of my body. I went through many years of self-doubt, depression (which I have little battles with still today) and now have Diverticulitus, and IBS as a end result. One of the surgeries I had was to remove tissue of adhesions that had grown on my bladder to my intestines to the muscle wall... all stemming from the trauma. It hasn't been easy... Joe & I had also tried adoption but after I had the baby for just about 6 months (all shortly after my accident) the mother who had that 6 months to change her mind - did - and we lost him too. I vowed to not try any more after that... too much loss in such a short amount of time. To this date, Joe & I have no children, but I did find comfort in being with the children in our lives and in my Lord. He has gotten me though much! I was a very angry young woman for many, many years before I found peace in God. Anyway, through the years I have found that my experience has given me insight to help many young people through their trials... I hope I am able to help you also. We don't always understand "the why's" of things that occur in our lives, but once we give them over and do our best to get better - it does get better. I don't know what you are going through, but I am sure of one thing - you are hurting deeply. I offer you my *Prayers*, help to the best of my abilities (a listening ear/eye ;) ) and my love. Whenever I have things go wrong I slip into these bouts of sadness still... like with this ankle. I allow myself a day or two to wallow and then say to myself "enough". Time to assess this situation now and see what I must do to move out of it. I love being happy and making others happy and feeling peace, so I make it so. Otherwise, I would just sit in it and where would that get me other then feeling 'alone'. I am so Blessed that my Joe stayed with me though all of this mess & believed in me. And trust me... it doesn't ever just go away and we both cope to this day - but together. But even though Joe was there ultimately it was all up to ME to do something about where I was heading. I am now 46 years old and we have been married for 28 years. Not long after my accident Joe & I joined a Christian Play that was touring Ohio... after a few years of feeling very forced into it and rebelling to the best of my ability - someone in the cast ministered to me, loved me and I was touched by their peace & wanted it. My life changed from then on... We did that ministry for 17 years and met some wonderful people.

I hope I can be that person for you, Cassandra... bringing you comfort and peace knowing that there is someone out there that cares for you - I know God does. And from what I can see from this thread alone ;) there are many here that do too!

Life is like a huge puzzle... we get it a piece at a time so that we aren't overwhelmed by it all, but eventually as you begin to put it together you begin to see the picture. It sure isn't easy, but so well worth living. You are in my thoughts and in my *Prayers* Cassandra... you are going to be just fine and you will get though these hard times, but not alone... never alone. We are all here. You have helped me! I was feeling sorry for myself with this darn ankle... you gave me time to rethink and focus again. I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to meet you (~ALL~ of you!) and to feel so touched by your precious lives.

It is also why I try to encourage you and the others when ever I am able to... I am here for a reason, a survivor --- so are we all! You just have to find it within yourself and then go with it. And going to get some help is a great start. Keep us informed when you can, okay. Don't let too much time go by before you stop back again.

I'll be thinking of you!
We'll ~ALL~ be thinking of you!
:grouphug: (((Hugs)))

SunnyD57
10-16-2003, 02:45 AM
:wave: "Hello's" to APRIL, MIA, KARI, BEV & ANDRIA!! :wave: Thank you all for asking about me - I am doing better now. But will be laid up for another day or so with the ankle and wearing a brace for a few more weeks. I so appreciate all your concerns & kind words - they make such a difference in my life. You all are such caring people... it is great to have you in my life.

And a BIGhttp://members.lycos.nl/maupio/images/welcome1.gif to VOW
I too so enjoy going to Curves! So glad to have you join us - do come back!

I miss Curves terribly with this sprained ankle... I went on Monday (wearing my air-brace) and did all right, but by Wednesday - it was hurting to badly so I didn't go... it's going through the ugly bruising stages now. I will try again on Friday. I was bumming out because I wasn't staying on my routine of MON - WED - & FRI, but can only do what I can. And this ankle has to get better before I can go on. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one falling, but hope no one else gets this badly hurt doing it (well other then falling on our pride ;) ).

Hello's to LYNDA, GAYLE, SHERI, ROSIEE - Hope you are doing better too, sweetie! & REVELY - Hope we answered your questions --- come back when you can. And I hope I haven't forgotten anyone... forgive me if I have.

I am going to attempt to go back to bed and catch a few ZZZZZ's now. I am sending :goodvibes good vibes your way for a peaceful and better day then yesterday.

God Bless!

SunnyD57
10-16-2003, 02:59 AM
KARI ~ I quickly visited your web-site and I just love it! You did a great job!!!! :cp: I will go back again when I'm not so tired and read your story - again (when it will sink in - right now I have mush for brains ;) ) Love your before & after pics! And I see that you have changed your picture again - really cute! ~One Kewl Fat Chick~ You are so clever!

Niiight

aprilbride04
10-16-2003, 07:48 AM
KARI - WOW!!! You look like a totally different person!! I guess I never realized how much weight 40 pounds is!!

Those pictures have got to be motivating for you!! They have even motivated me!! Thanks for sharing...I love to see real pictures...not those pictures of people trying to sell ephedra based pills!!

SunnyD - Take it easy ...don't worry about your workouts - the most important thing right now is that your ankle heals correctly...get some rest on it!! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Just got done with my Curves workout. Didn't get Tuesday in, but still got three days in...will have to make sure that I get some cardio in tomorrow....going to another wedding this weekend so I know Saturday I will be dancing for hours!!

Have a great Thursday!!

Bev
10-16-2003, 10:22 AM
SunnyD- Don't rush back on your ankle too soon. I did that after hurting it really bad and year later I still have occasional pain and swelling.

also thanks for sharing your story.

bev

kari_berry
10-16-2003, 11:12 AM
SunnyD57 definatly rest that ankle. Atleast you *tried* to get back into the swing of Curves. Your ankle is just not ready yet. You'll know when it's time. I still pray for a quick and speedy recovery for you!

Also, thanks for sharing your story with us. You have made me feel stronger. You gave me hope that I can, and will get through my loss. (((hugs))).

Rosiee
10-16-2003, 03:57 PM
well finally hit the curves today after a week without going. It sure felt good to get back in the groove.
alot of post to read when i came on...

sunny....you have been through heck and back again and sound as if your a lot stronger person for it. your a true inspiration.

kari...my gosh woman u look like two different ppl in your pics!

went to the doc for blood work today and she told me to try the south beach diet...no as much fat and protein like the adkins. has anyone here tried that one?

VOW
10-16-2003, 05:08 PM
Didn't Curve yesterday, but I'm definitely gonna Curve tonight. I found the easiest way for me to fit the time in, is to bring my sweats and sneakers to work, and then change before I leave and go straight to Curves. After I get home, I can make a zillion excuses as to WHY I can't POSSIBLY Curve tonight, LOL.

My DD and I used to go together, but she's been working nights and I work days, so we haven't been able to coordinate. It is certainly easier to motivate yourself if you have someone to go with!

Peace,
~VOW

kari_berry
10-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Must be that time of the month....

yep....

for people injuring themselves!

This morning I went to Curves. Everything was fine. Came home, felt fine for a while, and then I got this tremendous pain in my arm! I was just sitting there, and WHAM!

I couldn't lift my arm up all the way, or move it around completely. It hurts really bad where my muscle is. If I were to flex my arm like I was trying to make my muscles pop *like that would happen* ... that's where it hurts. It doesn't feel like I pulled a muscle. It's just a weird painful feeling.

It's starting to feel better since I soaked in the tub though. We have a jacuzzi tub, so I let the jets hit it real good. I plan on going to Curves again in the morning so *hopefully* it won't hurt quite so bad. If it does, I'll just take it easy, or only do the equiptment for my legs. Bummer though. Tis' the season for injuries!

So I hope everyone had a good day today. Tomorrow is pay day for me! WOO HOO....finally. I get tired of this two week pay. It's hard to budget. But I survive ;) I'm thinking about a possible career change...you'll have to read my journal for the details. (But don't laugh!) ;)

My Journal Entry Today (http://www.3fatchicks.com/journals/comments/4589_0_1_0_M/)

Talk to you all later!
~ Kari ~

angel4real
10-17-2003, 02:16 AM
SunnyD. WOW, what a beautiful person the Lord has made of you. He has brought you through a personal ****. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I sat here and cried.
Inspired, and motivated to make the best out of the life He has given us. I too have lost, but what consoles me is that I know some day I will be with my babies again. And they will be awaiting me with open arms. Ya know, I think that our little angels :angel: :angel: :angel: are up in heaven playing together. You have been through a lot and have over come much.
Now I hope that you are babying that ankle of yours. Donít push your recovery, if you try to do too much, you will only make it worse. I will be praying for a speedy recovery
Although I know it isnít speedy enough.

Revelly, Did you ever make it to your appointment at curves? Let us know how it went!

Vow, I had a friend who was diabetic. She was severely overweight. She had a Gastric Bypass because the Drís told her that if she didnít do something to lose the weight, that she would not live to see her grandchildren. She isnít a grandmother yet, so she said that losing the weight was a must for her. She has dropped 80 pounds and was recently given a clean bill a health from her Dr. She is no longer diabetic. I hope that when you get to your goal weight too, that the diabetes will also go away for you.

Kari. :cp: :dance: FABULOUS. :balloons: I'm so proud of you. Keep up the good work. You are beautiful, and I have a feeling that once you get to your goal weight you just may have trouble keeping the guys away. ;) I hope that your arm feels better by morning, donít try to over do it at curves again. Make sure you ask them to watch you to make sure you are doing the machines right. If you are off by just a little, you could be pulling a muscle in a way that it could cause pain afterwards. When I first started at Curves, I had a problem with my neck and shoulder. It wasnít until I started using the machines correctly that the pain went away.

Rosiee, I'm on Atkins, but I have read the south Beach Diet book. It is very similar to Atkins, but doesnít let you eat as much of the bad fats, and it allows more of the good carbs. My bf and I are going to switch to South Beach once we hit our goal. We arenít ready to start eating more carbs yet. I don know someone that has been on SB for 2 weeks and has lost 11 pounds, She said mostly from her belly too. She is totally loving it.

OK, well I gotta finish up a few things before I hit the sack.
I'm off work tomorrow, getting new bedroom furniture delivered, so Iíll be able to check in during the day. I hope that everyone is doing well.

Nite

Mia

GingerOfTheNorth
10-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Sooo... kari sent me. I'm a Curves girl, 31.25" gone from me since March 17. I had a really disappointing weigh & measure yesterday because it's TOM and I'm bloated like the Michelin Man. We'll see how it is next month.

GingerOfTheNorth
10-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Whoops. That should read 31.5", but what does a quarter inch matter?

I've also lost 50 pounds, but as I started dieting before I started Curves, they say that I'm 37 lbs down. BAH!

SunnyD57
10-17-2003, 04:59 PM
Hello Everyone! Love to see all the new posts!!! :cp:

It has been a rough last 10 days, but I am feeling better - finally! My mother is a retired RN - I sent her pictures of my ankle & leg (yep - it went up my leg) and she told me that this was a very severe sprain and I would be out for a good three weeks (ouch!). I went back to Curves on Monday (the 13th) thinking I would be fine and by that evening I wasn't. Then I was up most the night again on Wednesday night, so I decided to just wait out the rest of the week, let this heal and try again on Monday (the 20th). I really miss going to Curves and plan on going as many days of the week I can once I go back... I not only miss the workouts, but I so miss how good I feel afterwards! Like a high. I cannot wait till Monday!

MIA ~ You are so kind... thank-you. I try to allow God to work through me, but I have days where I grab the steering-wheel, thinking I can handle it now and that's when I crash. I must remember that God is the one driving my limo ;) (*note ~ limo). I was forgetting about God this past Mon. & Tues. and feeling very down and had to remind myself that I had been through worse and would be just fine. I am just a very impatient person and want results now. Some things just don't work that way - like sprains... :) After seeing Cassandra's post I felt so guilty for my feelings. I hope she is okay! Has anyone heard from her?

I try very hard to be uplifting - especially in this day and time when there seems to be so much sadness in our world. God never wanted all this sadness for us. And you do a pretty good job yourself - lifting spirits ;) I have read some of your posts on other threads also --- thumbs up girl!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_36.gifWELCOME GINGER!!! And CONGRATS on your weight loss and inch loss! WoW!!!!! I cannot wait to experience those feelings myself - again. Yep -again- I once, years ago, lost 86 lbs and kept it off for many years (almost 8 1/2 years), but after experiencing some trying times I lost my focus and have gained back 55 lbs of that - so now I am on the path to losing it once again, but it's so much harder this time around. That's why I love Curves... I not only am working out, but it's fun!

Again... WELCOME!

KARI ~ I just love your site! Your pictures are great!! And again I say, "What a Cutie-pie"!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/303.gif on your weight loss and inch loss! It is so much work and takes allot of effort, but so well-worthwhile ;) I haven't had the time to read your journal, but have every intention to. You and GINGER inspire me! You all do!

:wave: Hi VOW ~ Great job! Keep going for those of us who can't right now ;)

Hi ROSIEE ~ Hope that you are feeling better after your loss... did you go back to Curves? It will help you feel a little better. Thinking of you, sweetie.

Hi BEV ~ Thank you... I am doing what I can to take care of this ankle, but if I don't go back on Monday I surely will go bonkers :dizzy: I did take your advice and many others and stayed home this week after having a very unsuccessful day on Monday.

Hi APRIL ~ Thank you too... you are all so very kind! That's why I love this place! So very uplifting! How's your AprilBride Thread coming along?

Guess what??? I found out just a bit ago that my niece had her baby! http://home.att.net/~scorh3/Baby03u2.gif It's a GIRL!!! :dance: They haven't chosen a name for her yet. With all the death that has surrounded us lately - her life is so inviting and uplifting for all our spirits! When I can I will post a pic of her.

Well, I must be going... hubby will be home soon.
God Bless you ~ALL~ with the JOY of LIFE!

GingerOfTheNorth
10-18-2003, 11:44 AM
Wow, thanks for that rather - exuberant? and friendly welcome. It's nice to get support. I've posted about my loss at other weight-loss boards and I've received bad vibes from people. What the **** is up with that? Don't be a jealous, catty ***** about it, be thankful and realize that if I did it, you can do it. Man, people confuse me.

I'm finding that the hours at Curves here are pretty limited. I would really like it to be open longer on Saturdays, or to have the opportunity to go in on a Sunday. Nooope, not gonna happen around here, unfortunately. I don't want to pay for a membership to the Y, either, so I'm stuck with walking or something else for those two days.

qsilver
10-18-2003, 12:13 PM

I've been kind of in lurker mode the last few days, it seems. I didn't wander off the face of the planet and have actually been to Curves, just didn't have the energy left at the end of the day to write a post.

Couple of things that I did feel need to be said. There have been some incredibly open and sharing posts on this thread, and I wanted to thank you for writing them. I feel very privileged to be a part of that type of communication.

Ginger, welcome to the thread! I'm totally wowed by your progress. Sorry it wasn't taken so well in other spots. Their problem and our definite gain. :)

Sunny, I'm glad you are staying off that foot a tad longer. If it isn't healing up properly, maybe you can have it x-rayed again and make sure there isn't a hairline fracture or something? Even if not, an ankle brace really does sound like a good plan since your ankles have been a problem before. Congrats on that new niece! Post pictures for us to gush over! :)

Mia, I loved your imagery. I can envision an angel baby daycare, all of them waiting for their mommies to come pick them up. :)

Kari, how is that arm? I hope it is feeling better.

VOW, I'm the same way. My Curves is just far enough from home (20 minutes) that if I don't take my workout clothes with me, I will make too many excuses once home and not get in for the day. I've even gone in my work clothing instead of letting the excuses build. Of course, work is casual dress, so I wear stuff that I can move in and it isn't a problem.

Rosiee, SB diet and Curves are really close in concept except SB promotes using more sugar substitutes. I react funny to aspartame, so I just steer clear of all those. If you haven't bought the SB book already, I'd just go through your Member Book and check it out. Save yourself a little money! If you already have the book, there is an SB thread on 3fc's that is worth checking out. I used a lot of their strategies while doing 6 weeks of the Curves plan.

Ok, now who all was talking about IBS? I have it as well, but mine sounds like the other end of the spectrum. I've been miserable the last few days with the gut cramping, bloating and diarrhea. Mine is fairly under control, but when I'm under severe stress (my life right now) it flares up horribly. Couple that with some poor food choices, and I end up being a pretty unhappy camper. High fat foods are a trigger for me. Buttered popcorn, or theater popcorn in general, can set me off. When it is really bad, even a warmish glass of water can send me off the deep end. Has to be ice cold and filtered. Weird, huh? One major thing that helps me is deep breathing. Three really deep, way down into your diaphragm, cleansing breaths can shift things from super bad to at least tolerable. That combined with lots more dietary fiber and walking help keep it under control most of the time. And of course, I'm probably writing this out more for myself than you guys, because I need to remember what I used to do and put it into practice once again!

I've turned this short epistle into a novel. Time to get outta here and enjoy my Saturday! Take care, all :)

Andria

VOW
10-18-2003, 07:48 PM
To Mia:

Diabetes is never really cured, nor does it "go away." It can be CONTROLLED through diet and exercise, and if a person loses a lot of weight, often medication can be discontinued. However, the underlying cause of the diabetes (which is a metabolic disorder involving the pancreas, the liver, the kidneys, and who knows what else!) is still present. In times of stress or illness, the blood sugars can still rise. The diabetic controlled by diet and exercise must still be vigilant and prepared to deal with rising sugars.

But for any person who loses enough weight to come off the medication, I'd certainly give a standing ovation!!

~VOW

angel4real
10-20-2003, 01:45 AM
Andria: that is how I like to imagine it. Itís very comforting to me.
It helps me get through those not so good moments. When I start thinking about what is missing from my life. I remember when I was younger, i remember watching a movie it was a black and white if Iím not mistaken. In the movie, there was a scene of children up in heaven; it was babies who had not been born yet. And they were all playing together, when one was about to be born the child would say its goodbyes to the others and then they would leave. Then I think there was one that didnít get born and got to stay behind in heaven. So that is where my imagery comes from. I have been trying to find out what the movie was, but no one seems to know. The other day I was mentioning it to my mom, and she remembers the movie that I was talking about but could not remember what it was called. I donít even know who was in it. I wish I could see that movie again.

Vow, I see that you live in So Cal.. Where about do you live? I live in So Cal too.
Did I already ask you that? If I did, I must be losing it.

SunnyD, how is that ankle of yours doing? Better I hope!

Kari, how is that arm of yours? I hope that its feeling better.

Cassandra, You have been on my mind a lot I hope that everything is ok with you.

Ginger, Welcome to our group. I'm sorry that you have received those bad vibes from other boards. I hope that you never find any here. I know that you wonít on this thread anyways. This is a great group of women here. I hope that you feel at home here with us. I look forward to getting to know you.

Hello to all of those I didnít mention by name

Ok, well I just bought the new Clay Aiken CD, and it doesnít have lyrics. Uggh. I like a few of the songs he has on here, so now I'm off to see if I can find the lyrics on line.

SunnyD57
10-20-2003, 12:14 PM
A very good Monday afternoon!

Well, I went back to Curves this morning and boy did it every feel great! Although, I did feel like I was back for the first time after such broken weeks the last two weeks. The ankle is still tender, but I can work with it and it's so much better every day. Right now I have it being iced to keep down the swelling. Dumb sprains take so long to heal. On top of it all guys... I got the flu over the weekend (I think my resistance was low from the ankle and all)... it broke yesterday afternoon, but I was in bed by like 9:30 last night! And felt just fine this morning - tired, but fine. Today I am going to try & finish some projects I began last week and I have a goal to get the rest of the carpets throughout the house cleaned as well sometime through this week... the living-room carpet came out so nice! We got our new living-room set in :) Here is the link in case you all would like to see it (once I post a pic I cannot repeat it on another thread, so I'll give you the link). Hope you all like? There are three pictures.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=473024#post473024

MIA ~ I too enjoyed what you said about the babies welcoming us into heaven... I am sorry I didn't mention it. So much to remember sometimes when I am posting. I watch classic movies all the time - so if I ever come across it I will be sure to let you know ;) I am doing so much better today - thank you so much for asking you are very sweet.

KARI ~ How's that arm feeling?? Did you go back to Curves? Don't forget to ask questions... in case they can help you. You may be doing something wrong. Sounds like it may have been a muscle strain... be careful. Hope you are better today, but if not - ask, okay.

GINGER ~ I am sorry if you got negitive vibes from the other places, but you won't here. We are all very happy for one another's successes!! :goodvibes We encourage here - not discourage! Good job and we hope you will stay with us and help us keep on track. I began to feel low about this sprained ankle & not being able to do Curves, so the last two weeks I strayed off my program for comfort (a terrible old habit!). Don't know if I gained weight (no scale here), but I know I don't feel as healthy! I am back on track again after going to my workout - wish me well.

ANDRIA ~ Thank you so much for your concern... I am doing so much better today. I will be wearing a brace all the time now while I workout at Curves. My ankle is just too weak to ever take the chance again. I finally took the air-cast off (Sat) and am able to walk without it, but have it wrapped very well. It is still very bruised, but now you can see my ankle bones again :)

Yes! I will post a picture of my niece when I have the first moment to. Her name is Mikala Rose. She was born at 8 lbs and is 20 1/2" long. I haven't seen her yet because I was ill with the flu this weekend, but am so much better today. So I will give it a day or so and then I will visit her at home... can't wait to see her!

:wave: Hello's to VOW, CASSANDRA-Where are you sweetie!!!??? Check in with us - you kinda left us all hanging? and ROSIEE, APRIL, BEV, LYNDA, GAYLE & SHERI! Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone - didn't mean to ;)

Make it a great day!!!!!

angel4real
10-20-2003, 02:59 PM
SunnyD,
I really like your coffee table. that is really cool. we just got new bedroom furniture, my living room will be next, but here is my Bedroom furniture. Im really proud of myself, I made the comforter, pillow cases and throw pillows that you see on the bed too.

http://www.capnkirk.org/default.htm

Im glad to see you were feeling well enough to go tback to curves, just remember to take it easy for a while.

Ok, well I gotta get back to work

Mia

SunnyD57
10-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Hi MIA ~ Love the bedroom furniture ~ it's really beautiful!! And so is the quilt set you made... you did a wonderful job in both areas - the furniture & the quilt/sham set! Hey cool Halloween decorations too! My favorite is the fireplace with the eyes http://www.gifs.net/animate/eyesbloodshot.gif!!!! I just decorate for FALL, with pumpkins and leaves; then I am all set for Thanksgiving ;)

Is that your sofa that you have the Halloween pillows on? (Which, by-the-way - are very cute too. Did you make them also?) The sofa looks very similar to our new sofa set. How has it worn? What type of fabric is it? Ours is suede in feel but made of polyester, so neat what they can do with fabrics today. Yes, we love the coffee-table too! Joe & I play allot of Scrabble during the winter months, so that table will be really nice. Glad you liked it. Me too :D

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think :)

kari_berry
10-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Hello everyone...I'm still here. :) Just haven't felt up to getting on the computer lately. But before I go to bed, I wanted to stop by and say "hi". :)

SunnyD57 - I'm glad you finally got back into Curves! I bet it feels great being able to work out again. :) Make sure to keep wearing those ankle braces so nothing like that happens again. ;)
I also LOVE your living room set! Looks like something I would pick out. We must have good taste! lol. :) And I love that table!

AngelForReal - I absolutly LOVE your bedroom set. And you did an awesome job on the quilt and shams! Wish I had such talent! :)

Cassandra - I hope everything is going okay for you! I've been kinda worried since we haven't seen you around. Keep in touch, and let us know how you are doing. We're all here to help support you! (((Hugs to you))) :grouphug:
-------------------------------------------------------------

My arm has been feeling much better, thanks for asking. Must have just pulled it the wrong way, or something. I'll definatly try and figure out what I did wrong. I think I know which piece of equiptment it was, so I'll ask them if I am using it right or not.

Today was an okay day. Didn't really do anything. I didn't go to Curves. I just didn't feel like it today, though I wish I would have gone. Instead, I stayed home and ate. Ate...and ate. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been doing SO good with eating, but today I just totally freaked out and ate anything that I could. Grrrr...I need self control. I WILL work on this though. Tomorrow is a new day.

I did one good deed today though. After I picked up my niece from school, I went to the local red cross and donated some blood. :) I was always told not to donate, because I have deep vains, and they have a hard time getting any blood, but today I said "Phewy on that!" and I went in, just to see if they could get it. The phlebotomist got my vain on the first try (and it really didn't hurt.) Everything was successful up until the end. Near the end, they have to take like four little tubes of blood to test for certain diseases. She got one tube filled up, but by the second one, my blood would no longer come out. She said that my blood was starting to clot around where the needle was, and they couldn't get anymore blood from that arm. She told me that they would not be able to use my blood, unless they could fill up the rest of the test tubes. If they don't test the blood, they can't use it. Then she said, "Don't yell at me, but the only other way we can continue to use your blood, is if we get blood from your other arm." I think she was pretty surprised when I said "Yes". What's the point of taking all the blood, and not putting it to good use??? She told me that a lot of people get mad and leave, refusing to be poked twice. She was very nice to me. But there was another phlebotomist there, who wasn't very nice. She was looking at my arm and said, "All this for nothing - you're not even getting paid!" And she wasn't very friendly when she said it either. It's like...hello??? There IS a need for blood!

But I was a trooper, and afterwards, though both arms bruised and achy, I felt great! Plus I got juice and I took only one cookie (though they kept trying to get me to eat more!) lol. It was my very first time donating, and even though I had to be poked twice, it was well worth it, and you'll bet I'll be back in 56 days to donate again! :) Now I'm working on Ricardo, trying to get him to come with me next time. We'll see though!

Tomorrow morning, I am DEFINATLY going to Curves, NO MATTER what! :) I NEED to go...lol. No more slacking, or making excuses.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day. Happy curving!

~ Kari ~

aprilbride04
10-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone!!

Just got back from my morning workout at Curves - went yesterday as well. Going to Boston Thurs - Sat so I will only get three Curves workouts in this week. Going to try and get to the hotel gym on my trip...

QUESTIONS: I have been slacking these past few weeks...only going to Curves 3-4 days a week and not really doing any cardio...Do you all do cardio along with Curves or does anyone just do Curves? I am feeling like I need to get going on the cardio because I feel like Curves is getting easier (I am in my 4th week now). Does anyone else feel like Curves has gotten easier? I still feel the burns on the machines but I don't feel tired at the end of my workout anymore like I did the first few weeks.

QUESTION #2: Has anyone seen in Fitness Magazine the article about the new PowerBelt? According to Fitness, it burns up to 74% more calories when walking - you put it around your waist and pull the cords and it gives you a great upper body workout...I want to get one but before I spend $70 I want to hear about whether anyone has used it or not...I posted in Buyer Beware but haven't had any replies yet. If anyone has used it could you tell me if it is easy to use and if you feel like you get a good workout from it?

SunnyD - glad you are feeling better!!

Kari - my veins are just like yours!! I feel for you!! :)

Ok - gotta get ready for work or I am going to be REALLY late!!

SJR
10-21-2003, 08:32 PM
HI gals,

I am still here. I don't usually have a lot to talk about, but I do read this thread everyday!! Been getting my 3x in a week at Curves. Hopefully after this week I can get in more. My daughter is finally done field hockey, and my son only has one more week left of football. After that I should get a few weeks to me before the next sport starts. Actually my daughter is still deciding whether to play basketball this year or not. Her ankle still bothers her (after almost 2 months!). She is a big girl, so I am sure the extra weight on it doesn't help. She loves sports, but her size makes her slow (that's while goalie in field hockey is perfect for her). It won't hurt my feelings if she gives up basketball, but it will be her choice. She really needs to work, because she will have her license at the end of November. That leads me to what I am going through right now. My daughter is a really good girl and doesn't go out or even have a boyfriend. Most of her friends do and I know some of them drink. I am really going through a dilemma with this car thing. I am pretty sure she will make good choices, but a parent still worries.:?: Today a boy in her class died from a car accident. I don't know the whole story, but she has heard that he had a seizure and hit a tree. The fact is that his parents had to take him off life support. Whether there were any substances involved or not, it was still a car accident. Gosh, I need to stop this. I'm going to drive myself crazy!!

Enough, you do your best to raise them, but at some point the choice is in their hands!! Now if we're all around in 3 years, when my son gets his license, you'll all love those stories. He is my "grey hair" child!:lol:

I really wish I had time to post individually, but want you all to know I read your posts and am thinking of you all.

Gotta get some laundry done, then off to bed.

Rosiee
10-22-2003, 10:25 AM
ok no more excuses this morning or this week...I am off to go curve. Have been painting my bedroom and bedroom furniture but that shouldnt keep me from going.

sjr...it sounds like u did a good job raising your daughter and I'm sure she will make the right choices with her driving. Course it is the other people it seems we have to worry about. I have 2 kids with cars that have been involved in accidents but was never their fault thank goodness, and it was older people that hit them so just say a little prayer as they leave the house each day and i'm sure she will be fine.

SunnyD57
10-22-2003, 02:30 PM
http://www.recyclebingraphics.com/free/animals/cat.gifHello gang! What a crazy week so far... I went back to Curves on Monday -feeling just okay- after having the flu this past weekend and was so happy to be there, but when I got home this ankle began to act up and so did my gut! Today the ankle is feeling better, but I am still with a low grade fever from my gut-so I am home again. This is not the first time for me or new to me, so don't be concerned... it is just a pain! Literly! It is the Diverticulitis acting up! I have been eating our tomatoes from the garden and I think the seeds may have gotten caught in my lower intestine and gotten infected - again! Ever since my car accident and surgeries I have dealt with this. I could go in for another surgery, but I put off what I can for as long as I can when it comes to the Dr.s or hospitals. Anyway, I have been in bed all week (so far) trying to rest up from this attack - it's very exhausting. After I get though this bout I'll be just fine - like nothing was wrong. My Joe did tell me that when I go in for my physical this January he thinks I should have a scope done - uggg! I know he's right, but the thought!

Soooo... ... ... that's why I haven't been on for a couple days.

I spoke to my Mom last night for about an hour and a half - just chatting and killing time together (she lives in MAINE). She went in this morning @ 6:30 for her surgery @ 10:30 on her shoulder... I am so concerned! I love my Mom Dearly and hate the thought that she has to suffer. She'll be laid up for 6 - 7 weeks and then have 7 months of therapy. It's her right shoulder and she right handed. Poor mom... Sure would appreciate your thoughts and prayers for her and so would I... It all helps :)

KARI ~ Thanks so much for your encouragement. I wasn't able to go to Curves this morning, but am hoping that if I feel better tomorrow - I'll go then and Friday to make up for some times lost. I hate missing, but just have to get better first. I will always be wearing a wrap on that ankle from here on in - they won't allow me to workout there now without it, knowing my history of a weak right ankle.
:dizzy: I am just falling apart!!! :dizzy: !!! So glad you enjoyed the furniture :) As I mentioned on the other threads - I just love 'taking pictures' and sharing my world with everyone and so enjoy it when anyone else does too!!!

APRIL ~ As far as your questions... Q-1: I do my elliptical machine to get in another exercise when I don't go to Curves (when I am well!) and sometimes go for walks when the weather is good. But it has been said all you need is three times a week of a good 30 minutes and you should see results (ie: Curves)... if you don't then maybe just try adding a walk in when you can. But not feeling tired isn't such a bad thing at all - I think it just means that the workouts are doing their job and you are getting fit :) YEAH! :cp:
Q-2: Sorry - there - I cannot help you. I know nothing about the belt. Hope someone can help you! I hate to see you spending any kind of $ if you don't think it's going to help or that you'll stop using it. You are doing the right thing by not impulse buying and checking it out first... 'LUCK'!

Well Hello SHERI ~ Glad to hear that you are sticking with your workouts :)
My girlfriends daughter has just gotten her lisense and so far she is doing well, but we have some bad winters here in NE OHIO so she is really getting concerned about her driving her first winter to college & work and back each day. So far she has just kissed her good-bye and as she heads out the door she says a little prayer for her daughter... says there's not much else she can do - short of going with her (which she can't). I bet it is very hard to go through. I wish you well! Sounds like you have taught her well.

ROSIEE ~ Good to hear from you :) Also glad to hear that you have been busy, but going to Curves is a good thing. I so miss it when I cannot go! Let us know how things went for you :) Got any pictures you want to share of your bedroom project?? Sure love to see ;) Bet it looks nice.

:wave: :wave: HELLO'S TO ALL OF YOU!! :wave: :wave: Thinking of you - write when you can - don't forget us here ;) Hopefully you not posting is great news and you all are just very busy exercising and living life good!

God Bless!!

VOW
10-22-2003, 02:54 PM
I've got my change of clothes with me at work today, and I'm gonna Curve on my way home tonight!

My poor knee has been giving me grief, so there won't be much energetic huffing and puffing....but at least I'll be CURVING!

WHY do body parts have to wear out?

Peace and painkillers,
~VOW

SunnyD57
10-22-2003, 04:21 PM
http://www.wtv-zone.com/peaches/Gifs/2tag/swflower.gifHi! Just wanted to let you all know that my mom came through her surgery okay and they are saying she can go home sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Thank you so much for your thoughts!

! Now to vent ! My father has been home for the last 4 hours and didn't place a call to anyone (except my brother) to let us know how she's doing! Ugggggg! What was he thinking?! He was just happy to be home and didn't think about calling anyone - he frustrates me so much sometimes! Here I am worried sick about my Mom and he doesn't even bother to call - he's like "no news is good news, right?" --- NOT! :mad: He should have called me. When I call he doesn't always answer the phone, so I had to call my sister - and she lives across the street and she had not heard from him or my brother (it's the men in my family - they don't like phones!). It takes allot to get me this upset - but I really got upset (maybe it's because I am not feeling well).

Now to take a deep breath and feel good that she is okay and not worry about what wasn't done. I now know she is okay and should be home tomorrow. I also got a hospital phone number from my sister that I can call now. I was so concerned...
I hate being so far from her.

Thank you so much for giving me a place to vent this.
AND FOR ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!
You all are so kind!

VOW
10-22-2003, 04:36 PM
To Sunny:

Men!

I find it much easier to cope, if I look upon the problems of men as being symptoms of their disability.

The disability, of course, being the "Y" Chromosome. There is so much GARBAGE attached to that "Y" Chromosome!

Try that. It will help your blood pressure! (and I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing fine!)

Peace and Prozac,
~VOW

SunnyD57
10-22-2003, 05:12 PM
:lol: Thank-you VOW - short and to the point... you made me smile :lol:

kari_berry
10-22-2003, 10:57 PM
Hello, hope everyone had a good day today!

It was cloudy and cold here in Michigan today, and the worst is yet to come. Winter isn't even here yet, and I'm already ready for spring! lol :lol:

SunnyD57 - I am happy to hear that your mother is doing well! I would have been just as frantic and upset if no one would have called me! Guys are good for that though, at times only thinking of themselves. Note: I agree 100% with VOW's theory on men's disability. :lol:

Today was kinda boring for me. I had to babysit DeAnna this morning and take her to school. When I got home, I slept until about 11:30 a.m. Then I got ready for work, and cleaned the house. I wanted to go to Curves today, but my arm is REALLY sore from donating blood the other day. (Below is a picture of the damage.) I plan on donating again, but hopefully it won't turn out like this bruise did! And each day it gets darker, and more red. I've been putting a heating pad on it like they said to do, but I don't think it helps much. Oh well. I'll try Curves again tomorrow.

Work went well for me today. Not too many people yelling, or complaining...so that was good. (sigh of relief). The supervisors have told me that I've been doing a great job of meeting my quotas, so *hopefully* one day they'll move me from the outbound call center, to the inbound. I'd much rather be answering the phone when people call, than having to call them! lol.

Anyways, I am off for the night. I need to get some zzzzz's in. Up tomorrow at 6:00 a.m.!

Have a good night everyone!

~ Kari ~

P.S. - I added a few more photos to my website, and a new link to my FitDay.com Journal :)

Revely
10-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by angel4real
Revelly, Did you ever make it to your appointment at curves? Let us know how it went!

Mia,

Yes, I'm going to Curves tonight for my first appointment! I had originally asked just for a tour of the place so I could check it out, but they said they'd do some other things as well. Anyone have any idea what those are, so I know what to wear? *g*

I'll let you all know how it goes.

kari_berry
10-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Hello Revely,
Glad you are going to check out Curves tonight! :) When you go, they'll probably show you all of the equiptment, and how it works. Some places will allow you to come in, check everything out, and see if you like it. Where I went, they didn't ask, or even mention me trying out anything. They set up an appointment after I paid so I could try everything out. But it's great that they are letting you! :)

I would wear something comfortable that you *could* work out in. They may or may not have you use the machines, so I would be prepared. I normally wear a pair of workout pants that I bought from wal-mart. ($13.00) They are wide leg, and allow me to move around comfortably. And I usually wear an oversized t-shirt for comfort too. At times I bring my zip up grey sweatshirt just in case it is cold in there. I also bring my tennis shoes along with me. :)

Have fun tonight! I know you're going to love Curves! :)

angel4real
10-23-2003, 04:35 PM
MOst Curves will offer you a free membership for 1 week for you to try to see how you like it before making the committment.

hope this one will let you. If they dont offer it to you, tell them you have a pass that's good for a week, then let me know and I'll mail you one that came in the back of my curves book.

Mia

Bev
10-23-2003, 08:29 PM
Sunny D- have you had your first measurement yet? Bev

kari_berry
10-23-2003, 09:46 PM
Today was my first weight and measure day. All I can say is that I'm bummed. And it's my own fault!

Today I weighed in at 264.5 lbs. Up 2.5 lbs since I've been there! It's because I have been eating anything, and everything! I should have expected it, but it still made me feel bummed.

My measurements were not good either. She measured and said I gained:

.75 in my waist
.50 in my abdomen
.25 in my hips

for an increase of 1.50 inches in a month.

PLUS she said a .10% increase in body fat. grrrrr.

Though she did say that the girl who measured me the first time could have messed up because she was new. Still, I have to assume it is right.

This has made me realize though that I will get NO WHERE unless I change my eating habits. So today, I feel as if I did really well. I could have eaten more veggies/fruit, but I haven't. But still, it wasn't a bad day food wise.

For now on, I have to try my hardest!
Tomorrow is a new day!

~ Kari ~

Bev
10-23-2003, 10:19 PM
Today was also my first measurement day. It was not as good as I had hoped but I did ok I quess.

Lost- 2 lbs
total inches lost- 3 ( I was hoping for more)
body fat lost- .40%

Hopefully I will lost more next month.

Ok I have a question for those of us who are big busted-- Do you know of any good bras.

bev

kari_berry
10-23-2003, 11:03 PM
I just thought I'd chime in real quick on the Bra subject...lol

First of all, I always wear underwire. I have a large bust, and I feel as if I get more support with underwire. My last bra had an underwire, but it was mostly cotton, and I was sagging quite a bit. Most thin cotton ones do. So I wanted/needed something with A LOT more support.

I went to Lane Bryant and shopped for a bra. The two I bought have a cup that is made out of a thick material. It doesn't exactly form to your cup size but it fits VERY comfortably. Some people would consider it a push up bra, but it does not push you up, and out. It really just lifts you up, and keeps you from sagging. And believe me, they work!

The first day I wore my bra, my fiance's sister-in-law noticed! Weird....but she asked me if I had a new bra! lol...I thought it was funny that she would notice that, but atleast I now know it is an improvement! lol.

I unfortunatly do not know what the name of the bra is, but the material where the cups are, are pretty thick, and somewhat padded. (Not that we need the extra padding, but it helps with the support! Trust me!) lol.

The bras cost quite a bit, I'm thinking about $30 - $40 each, but WELL worth it, because they have lasted longer, and given me MUCH more support. I feel much more confident with these bras. :)

Rosiee
10-24-2003, 11:18 AM
Bev...if you will look further down the threads under exercise there is a post from MrsK about a sports bra she found that was suppose to be very good. I think she said she wore a 'g' cup

SunnyD57
10-24-2003, 11:30 AM
STOP...

Do not Post here - go to
CURVES #3 and join us there :)

Link Below for CURVES #3 ;)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33589

beenie
10-27-2003, 10:16 PM
hi my name is beenie, ive been going to weight watchers and wanted to join curves so if you can give me any advice i would like it very much and i was wondering if they have night hours sine i work during the day ty beenie.

SunnyD57
10-28-2003, 06:06 AM
Welcome BEENIE! :)

You are on the wrong thread, sweetie...
LOOK above at MY last post - there you will see a link (it's in gray)
click on it and it will take you to where we are now - CURVES #3 .

SEE YOU THERE ;)