Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 11:11 PM   #1  
missaprylj

Talking #201 - Straight Ahead

Straight Ahead was the name of the ladies jazz ensemble I saw on Saturday night, and the were AWESOME and very EMPOWERING. Whoohoo! Finally some women in the spotlight who are worth looking up to.

Congratulations Angi! I'm so happy for you

How is everyone else doing? Can you BELIEVE it's October tomorrow? Jeeze louise! Wasn't it JUST the 4th of July?

Things are going a lot better after coming here, talking to my sister, talking to my friends, talking to my dad... talking, talking, talking; it never fails to make me feel better. Thanks to all of you, truly. *hugs*

Homecoming is this Friday, so you can imagine what life is like otherwise....

I'm moving ~*~straight ahead~*~ -Apryl

Old 09-30-2003, 05:11 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I got rear-ended yesterday on my way too school. Not too much damage (a busted bumper) but my neck and shoulders are killing me today. I think the pain will go away tomorrow so, I'm not too worried.

School is going icredibly well. I love my yoga class. I just wish I had a little more time to devote to school.

Apryl - What does your dress look like?
Old 09-30-2003, 10:22 PM   #3  
missaprylj

We don't do homecoming as a formal thing. Just Sweeties and Prom are formal. Thank God. Ya can only take so many formals... I actually haven't gone to any yet, but I already just *know* they will be stressful!

How is everyone else? What's new?

Old 09-30-2003, 11:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

let's see... i'm starting to get scarce around here, i bet some of you can feel it... it's a bunch of things.

1. no internet at my job (which is a GOOD thing for me, we've learned)
2. second job on nights
3. making a few friends in the area.

hence, i'm not home on the computer as much and i am trying desperately to catch up on all my email, diary reading, message board checking.. it's taking forever tonight! aaah! so i probably won't respond to as many things for a while.

um... i worked out tonight. i am proud.

crossing my fingers for tomorrow's weigh in before i toss the scale for a month.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:53 AM   #5  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I worked out today. I see DB in less than a month & am excited for that. My stepsister's wedding is Saturday. That was the whole reason I came here, to lose weight for her wedding. Blah.

I realized today @ the gym that I pay for it faithfully, but don't use it as much as I could. So I'm going to start going to aqua aerobics on Fridays, going to try & talk my mom into it, too.
Old 10-01-2003, 01:43 AM   #6  

Aqua Aerobics is FUN! Just don't use it as "socialization hour," or else you won't actually move your butt, just float on it.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:34 AM   #7  

Goddess J - hope all your ouchies are gone from your accident the other day.

And you're right on the "social" part of water workouts. I like to talk as well as the next person but usually have to battle to concentrate of my waterworkouts. I like to keep moving the whole time I'm there and you can't really talk a lot and keep moving in deep water at the same time. I felt pretty bad the other day. I practically kept my eyes closed or averted and kept counting (or pretending to) for a very long time as one unusually longwinded woman maneuvered close and ready to talk. But I ended up much more satisfied with the workout than if I had let down my guard and let her take the time that was supposed to be devoted to doing something for my health.

SAPF - seeing DB next month sounds like good motivation to me! And enjoy the wedding.

Wonderful news, Angi!

Last edited by anagram; 10-01-2003 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:02 AM   #8  
JML
Success Story!!!

Goddess Jessica - I got hit myself 2 days ago. The guy basically backed right into me from his driveway as I was driving down the road. He said his brake slipped. I felt fine at the time of the slow impact, but later in the day and yesterday my back was hurting me. It's alright now. It was muscle tension from stress. People hitting your car will do that to you. Hopefully that's all it is, but if you think it's an accident injury, maybe it's best to get it checked out right away?

Doing fine here. I found that since I met Prince Charming, who calls me his princess, I have gained 5.5 pounds so that as of the weekend, I was up to 145.5 That's beyond my goal weight and not acceptable so I have been very good the past 2 days. It had been weeks since I'd weighed but it was no surprise. At the end of the weekend -- which included fair food like a sausage sandwich, my first funnel cake, 1/2 pound of fudge, hot cocoa, lemonade, don't even ask how much maple taffy, homemade bread with oil and spices for dipping(which I made), shrimp and pasta (which he made), and wine, I felt uncomfortable in my 12's when I really prefer the 10's! Not good, and that will change. Good thing I gave away all the 14's or I'd be tempted to slide. But, it was a wonderful weekend. I wouldn't change a thing. I'm just going to start being good on the other days. I had been letting those slide too. I find that I basically can't have sweets in my apartment or I'm tempted to eat them all at once. If I don't have them in the house, I don't eat them, and I'm not even tempted to go get them, but if I know they are there, they call to me.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:33 PM   #9  

Jeanne - Hee! I'm so happy for you! But you're right, get back on the wagon before those 12's burst! Love usually makes you fat. I'm the same type of sweet addict. They are not allowed in the house or I will eat them all!

I'm feeling much better today. A little tension in my neck still but my back feels much better.

I'm very motivated this week. I think it was because The Cute Boyfriend took a picture of me for photography class and blew it up into an 8X10.... I was caught off guard when he took it.... I have such the double chin going on. Of course, he loves it. Agh! Anyway, it's made me want to lose the weight even more!!! SNIFF!
Old 10-01-2003, 11:52 PM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

The people who talk during aqua aerobics......I wish they would drown. Or at least be as sleepy as I am @ 6am so they aren't so chipper & all Chatty Patty on me. Grrrrrrr.

I like the boy teachers better than the girl teachers. Meg got into the water with us so I could not see what she was doing & Donna was up on the side of the pool, going too fast for us. Paul was baby bear's porridge, man--just right. He wasn't too hard on the eyes, either. The kind of swimming teacher that makes you wanna say, "Oh looky your trunks got all wet. Let's get you out of those wet trunks!"

Glad you're feeling better, Jessica.

JML, I'm so glad you're here. It's important for us to see someone who has successfully done what we are all working so hard to do.
Old 10-02-2003, 08:33 AM   #11  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

I am so sick today. I've been sick since last Friday (had stomach flu all weekend), and I felt a cold coming on on monday, and yesterday I woke up and I had lost my voice completely and today I still have no voice, but I also have a cough that keeps triggering my asthma.

I've noticed some incredible changes in the shape of my body since I really started training hard at the gym 4 weeks ago. My skin has tighted up so much, my muscles have gotten bigger and the overall shape of my lower body has changed bigtime too (in a good way!). My weight hasn't changed at all though, so I am looking forward to a month with no weigh ins, I need to keep reminding myself that the scale lies! I am the same size now that I was when I was 20lbs lighter. What does that tell me?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

well, lucky me... in my case, love is making me get thinner! that's just cuz david has been encouraging me on my healthy eating and has really been my #1 fan. but jeanne, .5 over goal isn't bad! you've gotta have a range, maybe 5 lbs over or under, that you stay in.

brrrrr. i remember 5 am swim practice....cold...good job aimee.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:19 AM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Raelynn - That's so cool to hear. I've always known that weigh training shrinks you, but it an eye-opener to see it in action. I think I will join Curves for another year and then if I am going REGULARLY, I will think about joinging a noraml gym and weight train. Right now, I really have to push to go to Curves and that's only 30 min a day. And I can do it during my lunch hour. A Normal gym I'd have to do after work and I'd have to have so much discipline (not my strong point!) But I just love to lift weights!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

SAPF - You are too funny!!!

Goddess Jessica - Pictures can be the very best motivation. They take pictures here every year at the Christmas Party. They they mat them and hang them up. I was at my heaviest when I started here - those pictures always make me think twice! Sorry to hear about you accident - hope you feel better soon!

JML - Hope you are feeling better from your accident too!! I am so glad that you found love. But they are sooo right!! Love makes you FAT!!!! I was at least 100 lbs thinner if not more when I met Hubby!! It is so nice that you check in. It's good to know that people do lose it and keep it off.

gonzostar - It's good to hear from you!!! I had noticed that you weren't around as much. It's nice that you are making friends in the area. So is that Job permanent now??

aprylcadabra - Have fun at your dance!! Be safe!

As for me - I am just kicking along. I am trying to make the most out of my new program, but I am realizing that being perfect isn't for me. I need moderation. I am always hot or cold and that's what trips me up. I need to find a medium that will get me to lose weight, but that I can live with.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:01 PM   #14  
Crazy Canuck

Hope you're feeling better soon Raelynn - must be a Canuck thing because I've come down with something that hopefully only plans to hang around for a couple of days. How's the weather out there? We had snow flurries yesterday EEK. Big change from last year - my daughter got married last Oct. 5 and it was beautiful and warm...oh well. That's great about the exercise shrinking you (even if the nasty scales won't co-operate). But it's true, I have a couple of friends who weigh about the same (in the 120s) yet the one who exercises is so toned and tight looking compared to the one who doesn't exercise at all. Ms. Toned looks at least 15 pounds less!

Have a blast at homecoming Apryl....ah memories, except we wore ridiculous looking 70's clothing, but thought we looked ohhh so cool. I know the retro look is back, but please...the Saturday Night Fever look will always make me cringe!

Goddess J - Glad the only thing that got bent was your fender. I think it's great your b/f loves your picture, proves he loves you and not the present shell around you. Your chin remark reminds me of a comment made to me by a disliked in-law. I was telling some tale of woe and she said, "Keep your chin up dear...both of them". grrr

Good thing I'm feeling a bit under the weather right now or your post would have my saliva juices running Jeane! Looks like you've done it all - lost the weight and learned what to do to maintain your weight loss; if you've won those two battles you've won the war! Congrats.

SAPF - Don't enjoy your male teacher too much, you might start gulping down water and sink to the bottom! Have fun at your stepsister's wedding.

Holly - So it looks like the job situation has worked itself out, you must be very pleased (even if it means your internet useage has been curtailed and we get less posts from you).

Sandi - I'm all for moderation too, find that medium point, stick to it and before you know it you'll be fitting into a "medium" sweater.

Mthrgoos, if you're out there, I didn't step up to the plate yesterday and today - no running around the track for me. I'm under the weather, but I'll get out there by weekend for sure. The challenge is ON!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:39 PM   #15  
missaprylj

Homecoming was good. The parade is fun now because I know all of the people in it, we won the game 54-6 (Although the team we played SUCKS, but still!) and the dance was alright too.

Other things are not as good as home coming. it seems just when things start to get better and straighten out, they nose dive again. I hope this is a stage. you all know about my mom/best friend problems. well, now i found out that one of my "friends," Laura, who I've been "friends" with for 2 years now, and who I used to cry to when Ashley (former best friend) was breaking my heart, has been telling people she "can't stand me" and won't even go to our Tuesday night hang-outs anymore because of me. AND she's become strangely close to Ashley (the former best friend.) I smell a Benedict Arnold.
And this weekend is Apple Fest (like, 50,000 people come to the Northland for this thing) and it's really fun to go, I go every year and this year I was scheduled to go with my friend Lisa, but this MORNING she was "Oh, I'm going with my sister instead." And it was like 50 degrees today! (Usually it's 37 and blustery on Apple Fest, lol.) So, I sat at home. Yay me.

Sorry to always be complaining, but I know a lot of you actually care.
I'm getting so tired of everything though....

Closed Thread