Weight Loss Support - WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGE #3 -- for week starting Sept. 30

redballoon
09-28-2003, 04:37 AM
Hello, everyone, this is :flow1: PART III :flow1: of the One-week-at-a-time challenge. This is a challenge in the spirit of the 21-Day challenge, which I'm still continuing as well but. . .

I wanted something else, something short and sweet, where I can buckle down and go all out on and yet still come up for air before I burn out. So, I want to start up a ONE-WEEK CHALLENGE. :sunny: Here, we'll look at the week as a whole, which also means we have room for slipups and unexpected evenings out, or whatever.

So, unlike the 21-dayer where you commit to doing something every, single day for 21 days straight or have to go back to START and count over the One-Week-at-a-Time challenge is going to be about things like saying; I will go to the gym 3x this week, or I keep my calories to a total of 14,000 for the week, or I will not eat anything after 6 p.m. 3x this week. So, if you want to eat 14,000 calories one day and fast for the next 6 fine! :lol: Or, you can go to the gym three days straight and then flop back and do absolutely zilch for the next four.

This way of attacking things will allow you to customize your challenge to suit yourself, allow for tortoise types and hare types to do their own thing AND means that getting back after after a fall doesn't mean you've lost any ground at all. It'll inspire that crucial element of success -- the POWER TO PERSIST!! I think it'll be a great motivator and great source of empowerment!! :encore:

SO, come on!! If you're interested please jump aboard and tell us your plan for the week and then keep us posted with progress reports and tell us when your goal is accomplished, be it early in the week or at the end. I'll do this starting Monday and wrapping up Sunday night of each week.

Hope to see you! :wave: PLEASE, join me!

redballoon
09-28-2003, 04:38 AM
This space is reserved for our challengers. I'll write your names and challenges here and the date you've completed your challenge for the week and update it as we go along. I'm going to start a new thread each week but carry this data over so you can see how many challenges you've done.
:strong: ONE-WEEK-AT-A-TIME CHALLENGERS :strong:

(there will be one :sunny: for each successful challenge, and you decide whether you earn it)

:spin: friendsforfitness: (exercise for no less than 20 mins. daily + only fruit or diet jello for dessert, min. of 35 crunches 4x/week, get up at 6 a.m. ex/week)

:sunny: :sunny: redballoon: (no eating ('cept for protein drink) after 6 p.m. 3x/week

:sunny: PhotogirlTX: (two sessions of cardio 4x/week; 1 hr. in afternoon, 30 min. late and implement pilates video with abs video/ do 5x week)

:sunny: M.N.J.: (100 crunches 3-4x/week, and glute exercises 3-4x/week)

:sunny: Sandybrat: (yoga 5x/week, no eating after 7 p.m. 3x/week, getting up at 6 a.m. 3x/week)

:sunny: Eydie: (no desserts at work, one exercise video daily)

:sunny: happy dance dot (no WW flex points for this week, only designated points, stick on program, no cheating, exercise 5-6x/week to earn 5-6 WW pts, but don't use for food)

:sunny: Southern Butterfly: (no candy at work, cardio 3x/week, ab video 2x/week, brisk walk to hospital 4x/daily Mon-Fri, one soda only/week)

:sunny: Aquareggie: (vegan food only every other day, exercise (walking)min. of 15 mins/day)

** Lavender Girl: (gym 3x/week, 1x/weekend, workouts 5x/weekly, one day vegetarian, no eating afer 7 p.m. 3x/week)

** allthatjazz: (healthy lunch for work made night before 4-5x/week, exercise 4 out of 7 days, 8 glasses water/daily)

** Irishcoda: (treadmill walking 3x/week for 30 min., 2 apples/day, 1 lowfat yogurt/day)

** KristasMom: (swim at least .25 mile 3x/week, 3 workout tapes/week, at least 3 20 minute dog walks/week, 48 oz of water daily, eat healthily -- reduced fat, reduced carbs, 3 meals, possibility of 1 snack, JOURNAL)

** fern:

Aquareggie
09-28-2003, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm still going to post once a day in thread #2 until Tuesday, to see if I can make my challenge for that week. But I'll join you all over here for a new challenge, too.

OK, replies from the old thread:
Redballoon -- Yay! You made your week-long goal!

Lisa -- (HUGS) Hey, you were dehydrated. I hope you feel better soon. They say people feel extra hungry when they are dehydrated. And you did go for your walk!

Photo -- I bet that coke tasted really good. :lol: Wait, did you ever even have it???

Sandy -- Do you feel better not eating after 7pm? I feel LESS hungry in the mornings when I don't eat late at night.

Eydie -- Thai food, mmmm. I cooked my own pad thai for the first time a few weeks ago. It turned out, eh. I think the fish sauce adds an important flavor that you just can't duplicate vegetarianally. (<-- Not a word, but hey!) As for soy stuff, I think it's great for cooking and adding to things, but I can't bring myself to drink the stuff. Rice milk is ok, though, to have with cookies and other desserts.

Happy -- Yep, cooking takes a lot of time. For me, it's the chopping. I like it, it's kind of like an art. Maybe with more time you'll be able to do it. And what are you going to school for?

Marti -- I use substitutes for the muffins. The recipe I use calls for only one egg, which is pretty easy to substitute for in baking. I use a product called Ener-G Egg Replacer. It's basically potato starch. There are also vegan margarines (regular margarine is supposedly made out of vegetable oil, but it actually usually has whey in it) made out of soy. The muffins taste perfectly normal, too. :D

Lavender -- I admire ANYONE who can run. :lol:

Hmmm, for this week, I need to add some exercise. 15 minutes a day walking sounds like a good start. And the dogs will be happy, too. :D

I do not plan to eat vegan every day this week after my goal is up! Probably I will go back to every other day.

Looking forward to seeing all of your new goals,
AR

deleted2
09-28-2003, 12:27 PM
Hmmmm...Its going to be an odd week for me with lots of food challenges. We're going to Virginia Beach Thurday-Saturday and I want to allow myself some treats, but keep it reasonable, almost saintly! In short I want to eat like a sane human being and keep up with my workouts while we're gone. Before we go, I'm going to try to eat rather lightly so I can bank up some calories for 'indiscretions'.

Vegan Tuesday is still on for me. If it's not too obnoxious I'm going to post my food for the day then! Probably will be pretty heavy on soy!

I love the one-week-challenge! Have I mentioned?

:D

Sandybrat
09-28-2003, 12:30 PM
Hello ladies!! I didnt do my yoga last night... was too tired and weak... but thats ok... i did it 4 time and i will do it 5 this week! Or does this go from Monday to Monday?? know i am confused..lol
altho with my head the way it is thats not a duifficult thing..lol! Yes Aqua.. i feel less hungry when i dont eat late at night... whick is a toughy for me... i am a night owl naturally... i make myself get up early so i wont stay up latre... usually it works.. but there are times when i am just UP! lol
Red... i lovwered my calorie intake to 1800... i was at 2200... i dont know why i thought that was a good number...lol so hopefully i will start seeing results... I have also started a journal here... so hopefully that will help as well..
Friends... we have the same birthday!!!! June 23... only i was born in 1963! I agree with photogirl... it was angle food cake.. and strawberries... thas a pretty healthy dessert i think!
To the rest of u lovely ladies... have a fabulous day... i have to run but will check back here later... take care of U

Sandy:flow1:
ps... my head is better... but i am still not up to par... have ot go and get some meds...lol! I cant seem to get rid of the dizzyness:dizzy:

Lavender Girl
09-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Yay!!!

It's my first week!! Ok - my challenges:

#1 - go to the gym 3 times during the week and once on the weekend, and have worked out at least 5 times this week.

#2 - Have one entirely vegetarian day! (thanks for that great idea Eydie - p.s. to you - I am SOOOO jealous that you are going to VA beach!! I love it there! I fell in love with my husband there!!)

#3 - Do not eat past 7 PM for 3 days this week!

Redballoon - I have got to say thank-you for creating this because I really am no good at planning more than 1 week in advance :D!

Aquareggie - I run because they make me!:dizzy: Just kidding!! If you want to reap the benifits of running (there are a few) check out www.runnersworld.com they have link on the top of the page just for new runners. It's a great beginners plan. Or, what I did in KS to improve my run, well there were two things really - 1) I ran on trails usually in the woods, they are good at keeping the weather conditions milder for you. And 2) Run like you are a kid at play, which is almost like a sprint, I would be running along and get tired and walk and then run like **** to a tree, or after a butterfly. Sometimes a friend and I would run and play tag on a trail or in an open field, now my son and I do this. He is young but speedy! And most important when you are starting - you have to push through uncomfortable, and stop at pain. Wow - that turned out to be a longer note than I had origionally intended:o :) ;)

Well, I can't wait to report my progress tomorrow!!
Godnight Ladies!!!

Sandybrat
09-28-2003, 02:54 PM
My goals for this week are.... yoga 5 times, no eating after 7pm 3 days and getting up at 6am at least 3 days this week. The last is to help me get back into my routine...lol! Have a terrific day all!!!

Sandy:flow1:

ps still feeling like crap... darn it

PhotogirlTX
09-28-2003, 03:01 PM
Well, I am going to continue my goals from last week:

Do duel cardio (once in the afternoon and once at night) 4 times this week.

Implement my pilates video in with my abs video and do them 5 times this week. (One or the other, at least 5 times this week)

And only have one carbonated diet soda this week.

I just finished week 2 goals and had my diet coke at lunch with my girls at McDonalds. It wasn't that great.... but wasn't too bad either! :)

Lavender Girl.. you have great goals!! You can do this! And I have mastered not eating after 7 and I can really tell a difference.. I don't go to bed with that full feeling.

Sandy... wtg on the yoga... you can add an extra day this week!!! Oh and I think it goes Monday to Sunday... with a new challenge starting up on Monday's... just depends on where you are in the world as to when you actually start... for example redballoon's Monday starts on our Sunday, so she always starts before we do! :)

Eydie you can do it with the eating... just eat like a thin person would eat... if you get a chance to observe how a naturally thin person eats this week, it can give you some insight. Nothing wrong with allowing some treats... just keep it controlled and enjoy the company around you more than the food! You can do it! :)

Aqua increasing your exercise is a great goal! You will feel much better and sounds like your dogs will too!

Ok.... Good Luck everyone!! Together we can make it through this week!

Hugs,
Cherie

allthatjazz
09-28-2003, 03:10 PM
I'm new here, but I sure like the sound of this challenge!
For my first week I will:

Make a healthy lunch for work the night before 4 out of 5 days

Exercise 4 days out of 7

Drink 8 glasses of water a day

Good luck everyone, Tess

redballoon
09-28-2003, 04:26 PM
:wave: Hello. To anyone who's confused, I started the new week challenge thread early so you could have fun thinking about and anticipating what you wanted to do.

This challenge starts Monday and the last day is Sunday. Good luck to all still wrapping up the past week's!! :spin:

happy dance dot
09-28-2003, 04:48 PM
Well I completed my 1st week on The WW program, with all flex points left over, and no cheating. I weighed myself today and.....3lbs less Oh its a beautiful day for me . I feel very positive about myself right now and I love the feeling. I am already planning on next week's challege. Congrats to everyone else who completed their challenges and also to those who tried their best.

For This week's challege:

1-stick on the program; no cheating myself
2-Try not to use flex points again.
3-Exercise 5 to 6 days this week, which in turn would earn me 5 to 6 pts back on WW, but I won't use those pts for food.

Welcome allthatjazz.

Aquareggie-I was going to school for visual communications- basically graphic design. So now I am a graphic designer:D

Well good luck to everyone this week. :grouphug:

Irishcoda
09-28-2003, 05:47 PM
Hi, everyone,

I am new too. I like the idea of having weekly goals. Mine are:

walk on the treadmill at least 3 times this week for 30 mins

eat at least 2 apples a day

eat at least 1 low fat yogurt everyday.

I read in Prevention magazine that people lost more weight when they ate 3 apples in a day. I'm not sure my tummy can handle that one yet.

And in the same magazine, I read that eating low fat yogurt and other low fat dairy products does something so you lose the fat in your tummy quicker.

I want to see if it works.

Where are the smilies for this board? I love smilies but can't figure out where to find them.

thanks,
Cassie

Marti
09-29-2003, 12:47 AM
Hello everyone!! Looks like we have a larger crowd this coming week!! Excellent.

I want to stick with the crunches this week. I felt pretty good doing them. But I also want to add some glute excercises!! So here it is:

1. 100 crunches 3-4x's this week.

2. Glute excercises 3-4's this week. (lunges & squats) About 2 sets of 10 reps.

Not necessarily the same days. But who knows?:shrug:
I will strive to do them all seven days....but I won't push myself. I start school tomorrow so my schedule will get busy. But-- I know that's no excuse to not do anything. So I will make sure I do them.

Ok! There you have it. Take care ladies and welcome to all the newbie's!!!

Marti

Marti
09-29-2003, 12:50 AM
Oh yeah-
Irishcoda, the smilies are right next to your reply box. To get more, you just click the [Get More] button.:wave:

Marti

deleted2
09-29-2003, 06:46 AM
Just wanted to jump in and say 'congrats!' to Happy Dance Dot for losing three pounds. It's a beautiful day indeed!:D

Here it is----Monday. This is the day that decides the whole week for me, gotta make it a good one!

PhotogirlTX
09-29-2003, 08:47 AM
Well, I have already done my pilates tape. I have decided that it will be best to do first thing in the morning, as soon as I roll out of bed. And I found it's a nice stretch and wake up video just to get my day started. I am not getting a lot out of it YET... but it's my control I am having to work on, and once that is mastered, I think I will start seeing results. I do still feel it in my upper abs now, after almost two hours, so I know I did something! :-) So I am off to a good start, will do my cardio later today twice and hold of on my one coke til the weekend! :) Good luck everyone!

Eydie.... Hope your day starts out great! Mondays are not always bad!! They are a fresh start!

Marti... great goals.. good luck!!! I will have to work on my lunges one day.... that will be later! Good luck with school too!

Cassie welcome!! Have a great week.. you can do your goals! They are great ones!

Happy Dance Dot.. WGT on the three pound loss!!! That is AWESOME!!! Keep up the wonderful work!

Tess great goals to get started with!!!! Keep us posted!

Ok... time to get to work here... drinking my water as I type! Welcome to all the new people! This is a wonderful thread to keep you motivated!!!!

Hugs,
Cherie

KristasMom
09-29-2003, 09:56 AM
I love this idea -- I've been in a month-long challenge, and it coincided, unfortunately, with a month-long plateau (IT BROKE THIS MORNING!).
So, I am going to break my challenge into smaller chunks, and this seems like the perfect place to do it.

Goals this week -

swim at least .25 mile three times this week
do at least 3 workout tapes (beginning pilates, or yoga)
at least 3 20 minute dog walks some time this week.
Drink at least 48 oz of water daily
Eat healthily -- reduced fat, reduced carbs, 3 meals, possibility of 1 snack, but the challenge part is - JOURNAL. This is to teach me that habit.

Sandybrat
09-29-2003, 10:02 AM
I DID IT!!!! I lost 2 pounds this week!! I am so excited... this is just what i need to keep me going and my spirits up!! Just wanted to share with u the good news...LOL! I even journaled today... so woohooooo!!
Take care of U!

Sandy:dance: :flow1:

Southern Butterfly
09-29-2003, 10:42 AM
Welcome Lavender Girl, allthatjazz, Irishcoda, Kristasmom!! :dance:

My goals this week are:
1. do ab video 2x this week
2. cardio 3x
3. no candy at work
4. briskly walk hospital 4 times a day Mon-Fri (one trip from my office to other end of hospital and back to my office equals approx. 10minutes of brisk walking)

happy dance dot
09-29-2003, 11:31 AM
Eydie-thanks and hope u have a great day today cause then you'll have a great week. hehehehe.

friendsforfitness
09-29-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi Everyone!
Welcome to all the new folks! lavendergirl, kristasmom,allthatjazz and irishcoda you all have some great challenges planned!

My Challenges for this week are:
1- The ONLY dessert I will have is either fruit or diet jello all 7 days.
2- No less than 35 crunches 4 times this week.
3- Exercise no less than 20 minutes all 7 days. ( I had to change walk for exercise, because the rain almost kept me from succeeding with that challenge.)
4- to get up at 6am 3 times this week. (Great Idea sandybrat! Thanks!)

:hb:Happy B-lated birthday Sandybrat! that's so kewl we hsare the same day! I knew there was something great about you! :lol:

Also WTG on the weight loss to both you and Happydance dot y'all are awesome!

There's a lot of really great challenges going on here this week, I have a feeling I'll be incorporating some of them into some of my next challenges. I hope noone minds.

Good Luck to everyone!
Lisa

happy dance dot
09-29-2003, 12:20 PM
way to go Sandy B!!!

Sandybrat
09-29-2003, 03:35 PM
Thanks Lisa and Dot!! U women ROCK! Happy belated bday to u too Lisa...lol! Did my yoga today, and even did my pilates... but didnt get up til 6:20... could not get to sleep last night. I htink it was the medicine... so i will only take that stuff during the day...lol
Hope all is well where u r... its cold and rainy here... dreary . YUCK! Guess i will just have to put on some music and dance the blues away!! Take care of U

happy dance dot
09-29-2003, 04:07 PM
yep its gloomy here too Sandy B

deleted2
09-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Congrats on the loss, Sandy! Hope I can get some of that action soon!

Our treadmill is breaking down. We're on our 4th one in 12 years. We haven't had this one long and have found out that the ones from Sears aren't really meant for hard use. [Garry and I both use it every day, so it's in use almost 2 hours a day!]] So we're having to consider getting a heavy-duty one, where are we going to get the money?:o

So---it was video day for me. 30 min. bellydancing, 30 min. of step, and 35 min. Pilates. Am I a well-rounded individual or what?:D Doing well with food so far too!

friendsforfitness
09-29-2003, 05:33 PM
Gloomy & Ucky here today. Very dark. Rainy too. cold isn't a word I'd use just yet though. The bad part is I have a 35 minute ride home in this downpour and my wiper button doesn't stay pressed in. So while I drive a 5 speed I have to be able to hold the wiper button down at the same time and drive safely on top of all that. It will be an interesting ride home to say the least.

Lisa

PhotogirlTX
09-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Day one is almost a sucess for me!!! Counting on getting the girls to bed, and then going to do my second dose of cardio for the day!!! I also did my pilates this morning and my abs video this evening.... This challenge is keeping me honest! It's cold and rainy outside... one of those nights where I could just stay in instead of going to the fitness room... but I won't.... have to complete DAY ONE of my challenge!

Eydie you are doing FANTASTIC!!!! Look at all that exercise!! WGT

Sandy you are too!!!! GREAT JOB! And congrats on the 2 pound loss!!! That is wonderful!

Lisa.. great goals! You can do it!

And Happy Birthday to you both!!!! Sorry I missed it! Hope you had a really great day!

Butterfly.. awesome goals!!! Good luck with the candy one... from experience it's TOUGH.. but doable!!! You can do it!

Hi Kristasmom... great goals!! Welcome and good luck!!!! We can all do this week together!!

Ok everyone.. time to read some bedtime stories and put the girlies to bed... then I can finish my first day!!!

Cherie

friendsforfitness
09-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Just wanted to check in and say that my week is off to a good start! I did my 35 crunches, so only 3 days left of those. I did not eat dessert at all. I did exercise for 25 minutes. I have a little bit more to do on here and then it's off to bed, so that I can get up at 6 am. Wish me luck.
Photogirl, you are so impressive with all that exercising going on !
:strong:
Good luck to all of you too!
Lisa

happy dance dot
09-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Eydie- that's the spirit...good for you

Lisa-WTG your doing great and good to know you made home safe.

Cherie-Sounds like you got it down. Good luck and keep it up.

As for me I stuck to the program, no flex pts, and exercised today also.
Weather is gloomy here too.

Okay girls have a good night.

Irishcoda
09-29-2003, 10:26 PM
Sandy, that's great! Congrats on losing 2 lbs! :D

Eydie, thanks for letting me know where the smilies are. I've been using the quick reply box and that's why I couldn't find them...duh! ;)

I am happy because I stayed totally on program today even when we went to Wendy's to sit for an hour (my son takes karate classes). I got a spring salad instead of a Frosty or fries or a hamburger. :)

Cassie

Marti
09-29-2003, 10:47 PM
Evening ladies-

Well I just finished my crunch routine and my glutes. They are soooo out of shape!!:lol: Still figuring out if we can fit in joining the gym again in our budget......until then, it's excercises at home.

Irishcoda- Great job on getting salad at Wendy's today!!:cp: Have you notice that you feel more tuned into what you eat when your out? I'm always scanning the menu more closely now,,,although every once in awhile I go for it. (bad I know!!:nono: )

HappyDanceDot- Fantastic job on sticking w/the program and not using flex pts.:hat: I have yet to try WW. I keep saying I will, but I haven't. Right now, just watching the portions.

Lisa- Congrats. on the excercising!! I will send good luck your way but I don't think you'll need it,,, you're doing great!!:lucky:

Cherie- I'm exhausted after reading your post!! You've got it going!!:strong: I agree with you, this place keeps me honest too!! I was laying there reading some pages for homework and I realize it was getting late....I jumped up and did my workout!

Eydie-Bellydancing!! I 'm always telling James that I'm going to learn to do that and dance for him!!:lol: Of coarse I'm blushing as I'm telling him this..:o Great work!!!

Sandy- EXCELLENT on the 2lbs.!!:bravo: :cp: How exciting! My weigh in is every other Sat. so this sat. I will find out if I'm making a difference. I had lost 2lbs. last time. As long as it doesn't go UP,, I'll be ok!! But great work!!

And hello and welcome to all the new girls!! What a great crowd we have here!! It's so motivational. This place really keeps me going and all you girls are great. Thank you for being so wonderful and supportive. It's great to have new "friends"

Good luck to all and have a great day two tomorrow.
talk to you then!

Marti

Aquareggie
09-30-2003, 01:03 AM
Sandy -- CONGRATULATIONS on the 2 lbs. !!!!!!!!! :D

OK, Eydie, my computer clock says 12:03 AM. This is the LAST day of my vegan challenge... I'm gonna be thinking of you... I'm out of vegan muffins, too, so there will be a baking challenge tomorrow. :lol: As for my menu, looks like pumpkin stir fry and spicy corn. Good luck to you today. :)

Nice to see everyone else, and welcome to the new people! I did my walk on Sunday, didn't know the challenge started today. So Sunday's walk counts for today, I call! <-- (little kid voice)

AR

Lavender Girl
09-30-2003, 02:07 AM
Good Morning All!! :sunny:

Wow everyone is doing so great! :cp:

Yesterday I got in I work out and this morning I did another...
Yesterdays was good.. I woke up today and could fee the pain all over my booty and thighs! :o This morning was all cardio! I burned 450 calories in 30 minutes :)

MNJ - You said you that your classes were starting up again and you were talking about a gym membership - when I was in college, our school had a gym that was free in you had a valid ID card, does yours?

Kristasmom - You freaked me out when I saw your name up there - my name is Krista! I had to look at your profile and see if my mom finally logged on to 3FC! :dizzy:

Well, gotta get running! I hope you all have a great day!

redballoon
09-30-2003, 02:48 AM
Heh people. Glad to see this place is hopping. I've just been too busy to do more than check in but haven't had time to write. Will do so soon! And I'll get your names and challenges up on the record board too. I'm with you, just not posting! Hectic! Later!

Sandybrat
09-30-2003, 08:32 AM
Hey Lovely Ladies!!! I had a great day yesterday... got my yoga in and my pilates... back to back... it was great! Was under in calories and drank all my h2o.... My alarm goes off at 6am... but i just cant seem to not hit the snooze these past 2 days...lol altho i am up b4 6:30 LOL!! I will do it tho...I love the quiet alone time i get in the AM... its my time to sit and talk to u ladies without interuption and get my thoughts down. I hope all is well with all of u... Thank you so very much for your kind words of encouragement... it feels so good to finally see some results after plugging away... Remember to take care of U

Southern Butterfly
09-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Not much time to post. Just wanted to check in. I'm doing great with not having any candy. I notice that I really only want it when I get stressed, so I just pop a piece of gum. I did my walking around the hospital yesterday 5x!! I also went home after school and did my ab video. I was going to get up and do a cardio tape, but my sinuses are not letting me breath this morning. I'll try to fit in a cardio this evening.

Everyone seems to be doing great on their challenges. I'll try to post later if I can find time to slow down!:dance:

friendsforfitness
09-30-2003, 10:51 AM
Hi Everyone!

Good job Irishcoda, such will power, you should be proud! I did the same thing with the quick reply box when I was a new member here, so don't feel bad. :)

I woke up at 6am but didn't actually get out of bed until 10 after, does that count?
I did my 35 crunches first thing this morning. No dessert at all. That means two out four days of crunches down the hatch! Maybe one 6am wake up too??
I also exercised for 25 minutes. So as far as that and the dessert thing goes I'm off to a good start so far.
It looks like you all are too. Congrats to ya's!
Lisa

Sandybrat
09-30-2003, 11:56 AM
Well technically i am up at 6am then too... i just dont get outta bed til later... hahahaha But ya know.. it will eventually catch up with me and i will get to bed early and then be up at 6... at least that my logic on it... hahaha
I journaled today already as well.. i really like going there...

fern
09-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Last week I had strange results. I walked 27.75 miles. I gained 3 pounds. I lost 1 inch from my hips,total 6:cool: . But I am still doing the work. So I will see what this week shows. The thing I found interesting is that i didn't record my food intake last week several days. I need to make sure I do this I think it makes me accountable.

deleted2
09-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Irishcoda and M.N.J.---speaking of Wendy's, I've found that one of their baked potatoes cut into wedges and with ketchup is a good sub. for french fries. Really!

Had a 4-mile walk this morning and a yoga class. I'll do my dumbells later. Vegan Day is going well. It's good for me because it makes me stop and think, not only asking myself if it's vegan, but if I really want it. I see more vegan days in my future!

Everyone's doing so well!!! I'm already wondering about next week's challenge.
:)

KristasMom
09-30-2003, 02:12 PM
LOL Lavender Girl, while I'm sure that I would like you just fine, my Krista is 13 and had very curly brown hair and a bad math teacher!

Meanwhile, back to the challenge -- yesterday I ate a bowl of buttered noodles after everybody else went to bed, so I guess I'm not doing well with food, but I drank my water, walked the dog, and journaled my food.

Today, so far, I swam .5 mile in laps.

Talk to you all later.

friendsforfitness
09-30-2003, 06:04 PM
Hiya Everyone!
Checking in to say I exercised 20 minutes, I did 35 crunches, and I will be too busy for dessert, since I have to do the family car juggle again.

Fern- Don't fret maybe it was just muscle gain, you walked a lot!

I found out yesterday that I lost 6.5 inches, I am happy with that. :D

Good night all,
Lisa

Sandybrat
09-30-2003, 06:24 PM
Hi guys!! Did my yoga today... and as always drinking my h2o... I may exercise more later this evening... depends on how the kidlets are...lol Just wanted to check in and stay accountable!

Sandy:dance:

redballoon
09-30-2003, 08:26 PM
Heh, everyone. I finally got you all on record. Wow! There are a lot of us this week. Please check out the 2nd from the top post in this thread and see if I got you all and your challenges right. The suns are for a previously successful challenge. friendsforfitness, I gave you a spin because I think you deserved one though you said you didn't succeed. fern, what's your challenge? anyone I forget? wrong number of suns? Let me know! I know I'm being totally anal about this but I think it helps keep us all accountable.

I'm just doing the same old 3x/week no eating after 6 p.m. because this is really hard for me. That's why I do it so quickly in the beginning of the week. And I know if I don't have this challenge I will eat and eat until I fall asleep (rhyming here!)

I got Day 1 out of the way last night. Wish me luck and GOOD LUCK to all of you! We are moving along! :dancer:

allthatjazz
09-30-2003, 10:19 PM
Hi all, Wow this is an inspiring group! I just wanted to drop in for a moment. I have been on target with drinking my water and making my lunch(and tomorrow's is sitting in the fridge too!) Only exercised yesterday, but I have a few days to spare there:lol:

happy dance dot
09-30-2003, 11:33 PM
Just wanted to check in quickly, good luck on this week everyone...and am one day down six more too.

redballoon
10-01-2003, 12:00 AM
allthatjazz, good for you for sticking to your challenge! Planning and preparation like you're doing with your meals is SO important but it can be such a chore. :bravo: to you for doing it!

happy dance dot, Hurrah for one in the bag! :cp: Keep it up! :dancer:

I've got things to do here but am going to try to get to the gym and do arms/shoulders and run. I've got to leave soon though or I won't make it home before 6 and then I'll have too hard a time NOT eating! Wish me luck!

KristasMom
10-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Well, I made it to the end of the day -- no off-program eating!

Lunch was an new kind of smoothie -- instead of adding orange juice to my skim milk - frozen strawberries--ice cubes, I added sugar-free chocolate Instant Breakfast.

Chocolate and strawberries, yumm, and quite low-calorie.

I also did a one-hour yoga stretch tape, and I drank my water.

Sleep well, you all, I'll talk to you tomorrow -- I think I can do 5 more days.

Sue

Marti
10-01-2003, 01:47 AM
Well I did it.
Crunches down and glute excercises done!! And I'm really tired and worn out! So before it gets too late I'm going to head off to bed.
Take care
Marti

redballoon
10-01-2003, 05:38 AM
KristasMom, MNJ, :bravo: to both of you for doing your thing!

I'm about to knock down the 2nd day of not eating after 6 p.m. I rushed home so I could make something healthy and eat before 6. Did it! Hurrah! Now to hold out till tomorrow morning! :crossed:

Irishcoda
10-01-2003, 07:49 AM
I'm about to attack the treadmill again.

I've been doing pretty good with eating this week so far and have managed to stay OP.

I went to see my dr yesterday because I needed a refill of my blood pressure med. I was feeling unhappy because I knew I'd gained back 10 pounds. :o The dr said she realizes it's hard and then asked if I would consider a gastric bypass. :eek:

It scared me! I know there's been successes but the 2 people I know who had it both died. :(

I haven't totally ruled it out I'm just scared to consider it.

Meantime, back to the dreadmill. :^:

Cassie

friendsforfitness
10-01-2003, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the spin Red. You are such a sweety!! :)

Irishcoda, be sure to do a lot of research before you make a decision. I once considered that and decided against it myself. keep in mind just cuz he mentioned it doesn't mean that's the route you have to take. I'm not sure what your situation is, but I am working with a lady who needs to lose 230 pounds and she just lost 10 inches in 18 days, by exercise and eating healthy, eliminating bad carbs and drinking plenty of water. If she can do it, then so can you and the rest of us. Just FYI.

Already got up at 6am and 40 crunches done. Last night I had diet jello for dessert. # out of 4 days of crunches done and 2 out of 3 days of the 6 am wake up done.

Redballoon- Oh yeah, what was that comment you made about my smirk in picture? I almost forgot about it, but I wanted to tell you that the picture was taken at a kareoke bar. It was a bachlorette party for a good friend of mine. Her and her sisters are fabulous singers. Everyone was half in the bag and they were up doing the hokey pokey!! :LOL: I ended up being pulled into it just after the picture was taken. Just thought I'd share that smirk with ya. :p

Take it easy,
Lisa

Sandybrat
10-01-2003, 08:10 AM
Good Morning Ladies!! Well 2 days down for yoga... we had a late dinner last night so still have the 3 days no eating after 7 to go... tonight is the first. DH is traveling to day so i can eat at a normal time...lol I have been staying within my calorie range as well... I hope u all have a fabulous day!! Remember to take care of U!

Sandy

Southern Butterfly
10-01-2003, 10:33 AM
I did my cardio last night, walking again. I would really like to get back into taebo. I just need to wake up in the morning. I haven't had any candy at work in over a week!!

Irishcoda - I miss my treadmill. I'm asking Santa for a new one for Christmas. :goodvibes

MNJ & friendsforfitness - great job on the crunches.:cb: They do wanders. My abs are still hurting from Mondays ab video workout.

Kristasmos & Sandybrat - good going on the yoga.:dancer:

redballon - not eating after 6 is hard. You're doing great.:flow1: I'm just trying to not eat after 8 and that's hard.

PhotogirlTX
10-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Hey everyone.... I am still on track for my goals I have set. I didn't do duel cardio last night, I was needing to rest my foot because it started giving me problems yesterday on the treadmill, but I feel good enough today that I think I can get both sets of cardio in. I will know more after my treadmill workout this afternoon!

Butterfly... good job on the exercise. I used to to Tae Bo and could really tell a difference in my thighs after I had been doing it for a while... where I live now, I just don't have the room to do a Tae Bo tape anymore... :-( but I am trying to incoporate some side roundhouse kicks when I am feeling bored standing in the kitchen or in the bathroom!

Sandy.... keep up the great work!!! We can make this goal this week!!

Lisa.. you are doing such a great job! I am so impressed by the determination you have got!!! Keep it up!

Cassie... I ditto what Lisa said.. research.... on the up side, you are here and taking care of yourself and trying to do something about your weight.. so you are making the hardest steps right now! So keep up the great work!

Marti and Kristasmom... going strong I see!!! That is fantastic!

Happy and AllthatJazz.. how are you girls doing today???? Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

Ok ladies.. time to go back to work. Lunch is NOW OVER!

Cherie

Aquareggie
10-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Hi there! Yesterday was the last day of my challenge for last week, and I MADE IT!!!! :D Plop a sun up next to my name.

I missed a day of walking, so I am out for the week. I'm going to keep posting here and keep trying, though. It was kind of hard working on two challenges at once. I'll try the same goal next week, too.

:D

AR

Irishcoda
10-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I did really well OP today. I have 6 pts left, plus 35 flex points and 4 exercise points. I have enough to get a Frosty at Wendy's!

Why do I feel like I'm cheating if I get the Frosty? :P

Lisa and Cherie, thanks for the advice about the WLS. Lisa, I admire your stamina!

Today I used the treadmill and I walked around the block with my daughters. It felt good! :)

Southern Butterfly, I hope you get your treadmill for Christmas! I am so glad I have one.

Cassie

Sandybrat
10-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Hello everyone! Day 3 of yoga and 2 of up at 6!! Day 1 of no eating after 7. Actually i did last night as well i think... when i remembered ot look at the clock it was after i had dont he cleaning up in the kitchen... and i have no idea how long i was doing that. I know for sure that i did NOT make it on Monday, since hubby worked late. Anyway... it so nice coming here and getting encouraged by u lovely women. You all stay strong and do your best... as long as you are doing your best u r succeeding!!!

Take care of U

PhotogirlTX
10-01-2003, 10:34 PM
I did my duel cardio today.. infact, just finished my ellipitical machine work!! I did my abs video this evening..... I had to skip the pilates this morning because I measured ... but will be getting up to do it tomorrow! :-) With the coke, I haven't had any this week... and I feel I may not make this goal. Tomorrow night, I am taking my daughters to Chuck E Cheese... and I will want one then... and then Sunday when we go to McDonalds... I will have one then... so I know I won't make my one a week goal. :-( Oh well... I won't let that get me down... the exercise is the most important thing right now for me!

Great Job Sandy!!!! I am finding it easier and easier not to eat after 7 pm. I feed my girls as soon as we get home.. so I normally am eating by 6 pm. I have found it makes a huge difference!

Cassie, you are doing great too!! Keep it up!

Aqua.. just that you are still trying is success! You are doing a great job!

Ok... time to get ready for bed.. everyone have a great night!

Cherie

redballoon
10-02-2003, 01:54 AM
Hi there. :wave: I got my second day out of the way last night OK! Hurrah for me! :cp: May go for the third tonight, but will see how I feel (I'm planning to hit the gym late and may just be too tired not to eat something. Then again, I can have the protein drink and really, I should hit the hay!

OK, how are you all doing? Looking good from what I see. Irishcoda, you stay on the treadmill. That's good stuff you're doing there. Yes, I agree with what the others are saying. Gastric bypass is, from what I hear, the resort AFTER the last one. Losing weight IS hard. That's what we're all here for. You're no different. Yes, I don't know your story but if you still have the guts to come in here and set yourself up for a challenge and get on the treadmill AND you have stuck to your eating plan then you are, I'd say, far, far away from the last resort even. I mean, you know 2 people who have died!?! That is unbelievable. That is so sad. Keep trying kid. You can do this! Just take it day by day and believe that every little thing you do for your body it's thanking you and you're saving your life by doing it. Hang in there, OK?! :strong:

friendsforfitness, of course you get a spin and purple too! :spin: You're going strong this time, aren't you? Up at 6, crunches, diet jello! WOW! You're going to do it 100 percent this time! Yeah, that smirk, so you were on the spot! What is this by the way with karaoke and bachelorette parties. I'm heading to NYC next week, leaving the land of karaoke and this is what I hear they've got planned at the bachelorette party I'M going to! I can't stand karaoke! Oh no! :stress: Does this mean I'm goin' to have to down a lot more beer than I want to?!?! I should have the camera ready so we can compare torture pix.

Southern Butterfly, Good for you on the cardio and NO candy! :cp: Thanks for the compliment on my not eating after 6 but I must admit it's not as hard as it looks because I go to bed VERY early, like around 9 because I'm often up at 4 or 5. Still, it's a major save not to be eating for those three hours because you wouldn't believe what all I can stuff in my face in 3 hours! :eek:

Photogirl, you're looking good! Yeah, hold back if you feel some pain and I wouldn't count it against you if you really can't do something. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Could you cycle or swim, something that would keep the weight off your foot?

Aquareggie, you're going to get that sun! :bravo: I really wouldn't worry about starting on a different day. Just make your goals to fit the week. This is not a count to 7 kind of thing so don't feel you're out for the week. Jump on in! Let's keep it going! Then again, whatever works for you! You're doing fine. :dancer:

Irishcoda again! I saw you're back with yet another excellent report! What's this?! Enough points for a Frosty's! Well, go for it if that's what you've earned. It's not cheating. It's an indulgence, something to look forward to after all your hard work.

Sandybrat, :bravo: for you and your third day of yoga and second up and at 'em early AND no eating after 7. That's awesome, a triple slam! I'm glad to hear you enjoy checking in here. We like hearing from you! :)

Another report from Photogirl, amazing stuff with the workouts! :cp: What's this with the coke? Not going to make it? :( But really, like you said, it's the exercise that's more important. Can't you just have a diet coke? Are they gross or what? I never drink soda so I have no idea. :dizzy:

Ok, I've gotta run again. Ciao for now! :wave:

redballoon
10-02-2003, 01:59 AM
Heh people, check something for me, will you? Check out the record board (2nd post from the top) and tell me if you have the right number of suns by your name. I can't remember who finished which challenge. This is the third.

Aqua, did you do 2 already or just the one?

Heh, don't laugh, gotta do it RIGHT! :comp:

deleted2
10-02-2003, 05:45 AM
Thanks for all you do, RedBalloon!:D Mine's right---hoping I'll earn that second 'sun' this week.

Time for me to go on my mini beach adventure. I wanted to check in before we took off. I'll miss you all like crazy and will carry the motivation I get from you with me.See you when I get back! Love to all!

redballoon
10-02-2003, 07:02 AM
Yo, Eydie, Thanks for the thanks! :) You have a great time on your mini beach adventure. :cool: We'll be waiting for you to come back!! :wave:

Well, I'm in from a long day and I'm having a protein shake and this will be my third day without food after 6 p.m. and tonight I'm really hungry because I haven't eaten in a while and I worked out at the gym :barbell:, then walked 45 min. home. But I'm going to crash, NOT eat! :smug:

friendsforfitness
10-02-2003, 08:04 AM
Morning all!

You had me cracking up Red! :LOL:

I was up at six, 50 crunches done and only diet jello last night. 2 out of 3 challenges complete!

Bye,
Lisa

Sandybrat
10-02-2003, 08:21 AM
Morning Lovelies!!! Geez i really need to watch my spelling... i just reread my post from yesterday... oh well.... u all know what i meant... its a woman thing...lol Kinda like the secret language we all have... you know... the hhhmmm hhmm hhhmmm hhmmm one...lol My mom and i have done it for ever and everyone cant figure out how we know what the other is saying... hahahahaha!
Up at 6 again today... will do my yoga later on and teh not eating is going.... well its just going... hahaha!! I made it yesterday... but not easily... hubby like to have popcorn in the evening... and just the smell of it... oooooooohhhhhhh... but i did NOT have any!! I just told him that he makes it hard for me NOT to eat after 7pm. But i can do it... i am strong!!
You know ladies, i truely appreciate all the support and love u give so freely... i honestly meant what i said about new friends. The more i get to know u all the more i am loving you all... i know it sounds corny, but i believe that if u feel it you should tell. Everyone loves to be told they are loved and important.
"Never miss an opportunity to tell someone you love them"
thats my motto... that said... i love each and every one of u ladies... Stay strong and remember to take care of U!!

Sandy:dance: :flow1: :grouphug:

PhotogirlTX
10-02-2003, 09:03 AM
I just read what Sandy said.. Thank you for that! You are pretty wonderful too! I think we have an amazing bunch of women here and we are all after the same goal, to be healthy. I know I would not have been this successful if it wasn't for you all and this website. I am so thankful to have this resource available to me!!! (((((((hugs))))))))) everyone!

Ok... I did my pilates this morning... and plan on doing my duel cardio tonight... that will make three days of duel cardio and 4 days of pilates/abs videos. Going strong here.

Sandy... congrats on the not eating.. I have it pretty lucky... after I make dinner for my girls.. they go to bed soon after that, and there is no one around to tempt me. So that seems to make it easier for me to stay out of the kitchen. I know if I were around the guy I am dating.... we both love to cook and to eat.. well.. then it would be MUCH MUCH harder.... thankfully (I can't believe I just said that) he is in California right now, probably for the next year so I don't have to worry about eating out or eating late every night. So you are doing a wonderful job!!!!

Lisa you are rockin' on your weekly challenge!!! WTG with the desserts...

Red... still doing a great job!!!! You can do it!! I feels much better to me going to bed several hours after I last ate, then to eat and then go to bed.....

Eydie... have fun!!!!! We will be here for you when you get back!!!

Red balloon.. my sun is correct.. working on my second one now... and the thing with diet coke is... the aspertame (ms) they put in it can't be good for you AND the carbonation. There is a girl here who has lost almost a 100 pounds since March, she had her gallbladder taken out and has been having to see a nutritionist. Her nutritionist said that the carbonation of a soda will stretch out your stomach, and it won't shrink back up!!!!!! So that is why you see so many fit people with jiggly tummies.

Anyway.. time to get back to work!!
Talk to you all soon!

Cherie

Aquareggie
10-02-2003, 09:34 AM
Good morning!

Redballoon, just one sun. I'll get another one next time, though. :) I'd really like to start on Mondays to be in sync with all of you. Makes it more comraderie-ish. :D Thanks for keeping up the scoreboard. I don't think it's silly at all!

Photo -- Good going on those Pilates. Are Pilates the sort of thing you can do every day? Maybe that's a stupid question, b/c you ARE doing them every day. I just didn't know if they were like weights, or what.

Sandy -- AWWWWW! :D You're so right. This is a wonderful supportive atmosphere. I go to several message boards, and so many of them have petty squabbles. Whereas here we all help each other. It's a wonderful place to visit.

Lisa -- One more challenge! One more challenge! You are gonna make it! :)

Eydie -- Happy trails! When you check back, tell me how you did on vegan day.

Cassie -- Good going on the exercise. Wow, you are really saving up points. I don't do WW, but from what people tell me, if you don't use your flex points, you lose weight really fast. And you still lose even if you do use them! So it sounds like you've got a great eating plan. :)

Tomorrow I weigh in. It will therefore be a light food day and a high water day today. :lol: It's also TOM so there might not be a loss. That will be the first time since I've started, but oh well. I know I lost some fat. :p And maybe I will lose. We'll see.

Yesterday was weekly vegetarian junk food day. I went out to eat for both lunch and dinner. Still managed to keep under 1800 calories, though.

I am looking forward to Sunday to starting my extended vegan challenge. If I did not have social obligations involving pizza coming up, I would start today. But better to start on a day that I know I can make it, right? Or maybe I should start today and begin learning how to turn down food at social settings... thing is, I don't really feel comfortable turning food down by saying "I'm vegan," because I'm not... I dunno. :p Anyone have advice?

AR

PhotogirlTX
10-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Aqua... yes pilates is something that can be done everyday.... for me, and the tape I am using, Pilates for Dummies, its a very nice low impact stretching routine. I do it first thing in the morning and gets my body going and ready for the day. I feel relaxed and stretched out. I ordered a Windsor Advanced Slimming, but haven't gotten that one in yet. From my understanding, the Windsor Pilates is more focused on weight loss, so they do their poses quicker and will get your heart pumping more. I will let you know how that goes doing it everyday.. But for now, I really enjoy the nice long stretches I get in the morning. Makes me want to stand taller throughout the day!

Cherie

Southern Butterfly
10-02-2003, 10:19 AM
Good morning, everyone.

I actually got up and did taebo this morning!! That means I only have one cardio and one ab video left to do this week. I've also been doing my walking around the hospital, and not eating any candy at work.

Have a wonderful day.

PhotogirlTX
10-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Aqua... yes pilates is something that can be done everyday.... for me, and the tape I am using, Pilates for Dummies, its a very nice low impact stretching routine. I do it first thing in the morning and gets my body going and ready for the day. I feel relaxed and stretched out. I ordered a Windsor Advanced Slimming, but haven't gotten that one in yet. From my understanding, the Windsor Pilates is more focused on weight loss, so they do their poses quicker and will get your heart pumping more. I will let you know how that goes doing it everyday.. But for now, I really enjoy the nice long stretches I get in the morning. Makes me want to stand taller throughout the day!

Cherie

happy dance dot
10-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Congrats to everyone...I've been good so far.

Gotta run take care

Marti
10-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Hello everyone!!

I just realized after reading all the posts, that I forgot to post yesterday!!:dizzy: I did do my ab & glute routine. Although, my excercise ball is probably losing more weight than I am!!:lol: I need to pump it back up!!

Wow! This place is buzzin'! Fantastic. I think that the more people who sign up for this, the more motivated we all become. Does anyone else feel that way?

When I was working, we had a weight loss challenge at the gym. And I signed up for it.... I started "recruiting" others to join to just get a group together to keep us motivated. And it worked. In three months, a lot of people had lost weight, and built more stamina and got more flexible. It was amazing. Having others around to cheer you on and keep you going... does wonders. Which is why I love this thread and the other thread I've joined!!

And Sandybrat--- I totally agree with what you had to say in your post. We have developed a little "family" here and it feels good to come here and read all the positive words from others. So I don't think what you wrote was corny at all!
And to Cherie--- I felt that (((hug)))!!:) :grouphug:

I have been reading 3FC for the last 2yrs. Just browsing, never signing up and joining in.... I'm glad I finally did it. I think it's going to make a big difference in my efforts to lose weight and be "completely" comfortable with the way I look. This is the MOST motivated that I have been, since April. I like how that feels.

Ok... before I get all mushy and start shedding tears of joy,:o I will let you all go. I hope you all have an excellent rest of the day!!

Marti

PhotogirlTX
10-02-2003, 10:47 PM
3/4 of my weekly goal that is! I did my dual cardio today... and my pilates this morning.... I needed the cardio.. I took my girls to Chuck E Cheeses.. and had three slices of pizza!!!!!! :ink: I am going to try to finish up my goal tomorrow of the duel cardio, but I have a couple of important appointments I need to make, and I am not sure if I can get some cardio in before I have to pick up my girls. I will keep you posted!

I had my diet coke tonight... so I am going to try to hang tough and not have any more this week.

Marti.. excellent post!!! You keep me inspired!!! Thanks! And great job with the crunches!!!!

Happy Dance Dot... great for staying on program!!! Keep it up!

Butterfly... wow.. you are doing a fantastic job!!!!

Aqua.. good luck with your social obligations... I am sure after the first time. ... it will get much easier!!!!

Ok.... Hope everyone has a great night!!! It's great seeing everyone here!! Keep up the fantastic work!

Cherie

KristasMom
10-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Well, I did my Pilates tape today (Beginning Mat Pilates), and I know that I've only done it about 8 or 9 times, but I'm feeling some changes in my abdominals -- they are there!

I also walked puppy twice today - 2 long walks --

Everybody at my house but me is sick -- husband and daughter are both flat on their backs, and I'm trotting around heating soup and doing all the mother things.

My, I hate this -- then I went out to buy something I needed to finish dinner, and I bought some really lovely cookies (chocolate and key lime shortbread cookies) and ate most of them on the way home -- never let it be said I don't eat out of pressure and resentment!

Yesterday's food was good, so I guess I'm learning and growing, learning about why I eat, but I did want this week to be perfect.

I'm so glad you guys are here. It helps a lot to feel like I;m part of a tean - us against fat.

Aquareggie
10-03-2003, 07:34 AM
Marti -- I've taken a cue from you and started doing squats. Man, does my butt hurt! :lol: Good for you for keeping up with your workout.

Cherie -- Yeah, I've pretty much decided to bring my own food. I'll make enough of it to share. :D Yesterday at work I sat down in the break room for lunch, and there was communal pizza right in front of me. I thought I would be tempted, but all the cheese actually looked gross! Guess I'm forming a habit. Hey, at least you noticed WHY you were eating. That's better than not having a clue. Now you can work it out! We'll all support you. Come here when you're frustrated and we'll help you out. :)

I didn't lose any weight this week. :( Sometimes -- OK, every day :lol: -- I want the weight gone NOW. I see thin people. And I want to be thin. I always say out loud this will take 65 weeks or more, but secretely I think I can lose it faster. Then I get disappointed when it doesn't happen. Guess this week was a reality check for me. But better to live in the real world rather than fail at some extreme diet and spend the rest of my life fantasizing about being thin. :(

Had a vegan day yesterday at least! :)

AR

friendsforfitness
10-03-2003, 08:08 AM
Can't say "good" morning. Just not feeling it. I gained 0.8 of a pound. I don't get it. I have done so well this week. I even think it's fair to say that this week is my best week so far as far as water, exercise and staying on plan goes, the whole shabang. May be it's already time to reevaluate my calorie intake?? I'm on a 1900 calorie a day intake, but usually end up somewhere around 1750-1800.

I did my exercise last night. I walked for 23 minutes briskly. I did 50 crunches and some stretching. I also did some of these leg lift things that help your lower abs. I also ate diet jello for dessert. So as for this challenge I'm still on target.

AR_ You said it all when you said this: I think I can lose it faster. Then I get disappointed when it doesn't happen. Guess this week was a reality check for me. But better to live in the real world rather than fail at some extreme diet and spend the rest of my life fantasizing about being thin. I know exactly how you feel. Let's hope next week will be better for both of us. I think I'll make a list of thing I have been successful in this week. Keep your chin up and know you're not alone.

kristasmom- Wearing you're nurse hat huh? I know that all too well, 2 of my kids are sick this week too. Good for you for recognizing a vulnerable spot, now you can use that to your own benefit next time, by recognizing those emotions when you feel them coming on and prepare yourself. Just don't beat yourself up over it. Keep smilin'!! :)

Photogirl- you just pain out ROCK! You are such an inspiration! I can't wait until I am at the point in my exercise that I can do as much as you are. Thanks for all your support.

MNJ- You too are so positive and sweet you always bring a smile, I just love this group!

Sandybrat- awwww you're so sweet. Back at ya baby! :grouphug:

Happydance???, Happydance????, I almost didn't see you. I hope all is good with ya. Stop in and chat a bit sometime.

Southernbutterfly-Taebo, huh? Have you ever done it before? How did you like it? I have a tape of it, but haven't tried it yet. Let me know.

I am happy to know all of you,
Lisa

redballoon
10-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Well, I'm turning in now but first wanted to type something for you. :comp: I was able to complete my challenge last night, knocking out all three nights of no eating after 6 in my usual 1-2-3 style. Then, get this!, tonight I went for yet another bonus point! And having just finished my protein shake I'm going to be hitting the futon for some zzzzz's. Hurrah for me! :cp: Thank you all for listening to me!

friendsforfitness, you're almost there. Two out of three days for your challenge done! Good for you! :cp: And I just saw your post and went back to edit this just as I was going to send it in. You, like Aquareggie, mustn't be discouraged by the scale. You have been exercising and that does different things to your body. Besides, it could just be that one moment you get on the scale and you see a rise and whammy, you're in the dumps! Don't be! :nono: OK?! You can tell if there are changes going on, can't you? Don't rely on the scale. Don't let it rule you. Tune in to your body, not the scale.

Yes, well I'm glad to see you seem to be taking this bad news well and are still determined to stick with your efforts. Listing the things you've succeeded at this week is a great idea! Come, on, keep your chin up, Lisa! :)
Sandybrat, sounds like you're doing well too. Wow, the popcorn :corn: sounds like an awful temptation. That's really too bad you have to resist that. It's just me and the cats. They're down there on the floor eating now and, you know, I'm not at all tempted. Thank God for small miracles! :lol: But seriously, I hope you can resist. Maybe if you have your own popcorn during the day you won't feel deprived. Power to you! :strong: And, that's so sweet what you said about us! :love: It's a good feeling, isn't it, :goodvibes having people to share these things with. I mean, who else can you really share them with? People around you have so many other things to do and other things on their minds. We here can just give you our best and so, yeah, I guess it's easy to love us! :lol: But thanks, you're a gem, Sandy :angel:

Hi Photogirl, how are you doing? Do you think you'll be able to finish up your challenge today? I guess everyone's in bed still. Well, no, actually, since it's 9 p.m. now I guess some of you early birds at least are up by now. It's very confusing knowing what day is what for whom! But yes, Cherie, I'm trying to change my habits and one of them is that I always ate so much food at night before going to bed. I guess it was just comforting or fun to be eating when I was relaxed and not working or anything. And, three pieces of pizza probably isn't all that bad, is it? Pizza's pretty healthy I think, unless there is just gobs of cheese. Still. . .

Aquareggie, I'm sorry to hear you didn't see a difference on the scale this week. :( But please don't be upset or discouraged. You WILL, you WILL, you WILL!! So just keep doing what you're doing. I almost never see changes on the scale, even week to week, or if I do I think it should have been more. So I stopped weighing myself. I can tell if there are changes in my body from my clothes. As for turning down food, I've found it best to just say, "No, thank you. I'd rather not," The people I'm around at least never push food on others but maybe that's a cultural thing. I think if you say it twice it usually works but just be sure to be pleasant and keep any hint of "dieting" out of it. If you make it sound like you want to eat but think it better not to people will try to persuade you to eat. Either that, or just use a medical excuse. People seem to respect those kind of reasons without a fight. Like, "I have an allergy" or "I'm taking medication that reacts with xxxx" That'll scare 'em. No, but really, I think it's easier than we think to turn down food. I have found that and now realize all those excuses I was making for eating are mostly that! EXCUSES! :^:

:bravo: to you Southern Butterfly. You're really doing fine! :dance: Do you do a taebo video or do you go to a class? I'm thinking of getting some tapes while I'm in the States so I can do some exercise while I'm there and away from my gym etc. here. Any suggestions for good tapes?

M.N.J., hi there. How are you? What a shame you were only reading 3fc for all that time. People sure would have like to hear from you!! :spin:

Nurse KristasMom, you get a big hand :cp: for doing your pilates and puppy walking in the midst of tending to patients. Oh my, cookie revenge! :eek: Boy, they do sound good though. :T You sound like you have a really good attitude though. No need to be perfect. Like you said, you're learning and learning isn't something you can really rate. I think you're doing fine! Just keep it up!

PhotogirlTX
10-03-2003, 09:08 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!! It's finally Friday for the rest of us!!

I have done my pilates this morning and feel great... After my appointments this afternoon, I am going to try hard to get into the fitness room and do SOMETHING!!!! Today is a day I am not going to waste!

Red Balloon.. WTG!!! Great job on completing your challenge!!! :flow1: Enjoy your weekend!

Lisa (((((HUGS))))) I know exactly how you feel. Remember my rant earlier this week???? You are doing a great job, and you are treating your body right, and it will treat you right in return. Just give it time to adjust, and burn off those calories. You are building a little musle which is compacting everything in..... Just keep it up, you can do it and the results will happen!!!!! Do you measure yourself? I bet you can see a difference with the measuring tape. And if you don't measure, then now is a good time to start.... Aqua.... this goes for you too! The results will happen!!!! I am positive it will. It's just a numbers game. The more calories your burn and the less calories you eat will start to show soon! (((((((HUGS)))))))) to you too!

Kristasmom... I am loving my pilates... I can't wait to get my new tape.. and I can feel it in my abs too. I think this is something I will be able to do everyday and feel great!!!! Don't worry about the cookies... just take one day at a time, focus on what you can do now to make yourself stronger and better. The cookies are over with. You are doing a great job!

Ok.. time to start work!! Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Cherie

Shelldawn
10-03-2003, 11:15 AM
I REALLY like this idea. Thanks, Marti, for the heads up....it would have taken me weeks to get this far...hehehe. There is just so much here to do.

I'll think it over tonight and Saturday and starting Sunday I'll come up with my own "one week at a time" personal challenge. I like this because I can concentrate on the small steps. My problem has always been getting discouraged by being so far away from the desired end result. This thread is perfect for me. I'll have to work my way up to the "21 day challenge" though...hehehe. I'll get there though :)

Shelldawn

Sandybrat
10-03-2003, 11:23 AM
U W O M E N R O C K !!! I really do love you!! I got my yoga in yesterday, did NOT eat after 7 and was up at 6 yesterday! So... only the yoga to go tday and i made it!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I woke up feeling yuck! Head is full of pressure and just aches...I have already taken my allergy and sinus meds so hopefully i will get some relief soon. I know that all of u 'get' what i was saying about the friendships we have here... the support and understanding.
Cheri... i felt that HUG as well... thanks so much for the kind words... it is nice to have friends who love and accept u... for u
Keep up the good workouts...lol
MJN... thank u too for your understanding... stay strong and keep up the good work
Kristasmom... whats a bunch of cookies.... lol u know why u did it, and u know what triggered it... so i say in the long run u WON! when it comes on again willu give in to it?? maybe, but Maybe NOT! recognition is the best key to avoiding that! So BRAVO!
Red... awesome on your success on the goals!! u keep this family together with your words and hard work!! thanks for the kind words as well...
Lisa... i agree... u may have just built some muscle and we all know that weighs more than fat... besides i like to do what red does... do u feel different... be more in tune with your body... not the scale... most of the time the scale is NOT our friend. This goes for U as well AR!!! LOL
I feel like a drill sargent sometimes... of course a loving one... lol
to anyone i missed individually... we are all a great big family here, we love , respect and honor each other with our words and our hearts. This gift is a remarkable one. And i believe we are all blessed to have this place to come to every day. Enuf on the mush... lol
Remember to take care of u today...

happy dance dot
10-03-2003, 12:07 PM
Glad everyone is doing great on their challenges. I too feel like we are a little family here. I like to come in here and get inspired, to inspire, and know I am not the only one out there struggling with weight loss. Thanks girls. So far I have been good. Yesterday was hard though I barely made it, but I am ok...and today I will stay low on the points.

Take care.

happy dance dot
10-03-2003, 12:17 PM
Oh and just wanted to say I been crazy with work lately, but even though I don't post up that often I am still sending you girls good vibes and congrats on ur accomplishments...keep it up and don't give up. Hopefully, soon it'll slow down a bit here at work.

Southern Butterfly
10-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Happy Friday, everyone.

For those who asked - I own the Taebo live tapes from a few years ago. I used to do them most mornings. I really noticed a difference when I did them. However, I quit exercising when I moved back to Memphis.

Lisa - don't worry about the scale. It did a really mean thing to me yesterday and went up 1.2lbs. Then this morning it went back down.

Kristatsmom - I hope everyone gets to feeling better.

I've had no candy at work this week, and I've been doing my walk around the hospital. I plan on doing cardio and abs tonight. I was going to do them this morning, but I had to get to work early to type my presentation for school. The cat kicked the laptop at home onto the floor and broke the disk drive. Therefore, I can't save to disk and print later. Oh well, more incentive to finally upgrade.

I'll check in later tonight or tomorrow with next week's goals. We're leaving for a mini-vacation tomorrow, so I won't have a computer until Tuesday.

friendsforfitness
10-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Not sure if I checked in or not. I did my exercise 23 minutes. I even woke up at 6 am and had diet jello for dessert and did crunches even though the 6am and crunch ones are over I am trying to see If I can stick it out until the end of the week.

Glad to see everyone is doing so well,
Lisa

KristasMom
10-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Hi All!
Thanks for all the support about the cookies. I knew what I was doing while I was doing it, because I do know that I shouldn't shop when I'm hungry and worried, but I did it anyway. However, these were superb cookies, and if I'm going to eat, it's going to be on good food! It was about 800 calories, all together, and I'm back on my plan, so this means that my loss will be smaller this week, and it will take me longer to hit my target weight.

Lisa - we all have days like that. This is why "they" tell us to only weigh once a week (yeah, like I do that). What's important is that at the end of the month or the year we are healthier and look better in our smaller clothes.

So I had my OP breakfast, took a water aerobics class, swam an extra .25 mile of laps, came home and walked miss puppy.

So today is a good day. I'm getting toward my challenge goals.

Marti
10-03-2003, 02:22 PM
Hello everyone!!

Shelldawn- glad you made it over here. It's a great place to be and it's always buzzin'. It will definately help keep you motivated!!

Lisa-I'm going to say to you what I've said to a friend of mine. She was doing all kinds of workouts and eating right,, but her scale showed no signs of it. I told her to hide the scale in the closet for a month. And to use only her measuring tape. And you know what... she was losing the fat and gaining muscle! And she saw it in the inches she lost. And we were able to totally tell!! So don't get too discouraged with the little weight gain. Now, if it was 5lbs or more... then you'd have to re-evaluate what is going on... but that's not your case. So chin up!! You're doing fabulous. Just keep a positive attitude, don't let those things bring you down.

I just wanted to post a little right now... I haven't done my workout yet today... but I just got home from school. I will do them later tonight. I had thought about joining the gym at school, but I wanted to go with my sweetie and workout together... instead of having two seperate gyms. I use him as my personal trainer and he's wonderful. I got the most results by following him. He tells me if I'm not doing it correctly... in a gentle way.

Ok.... Hello to everyone here!!! I will post later tonight
Marti

PhotogirlTX
10-03-2003, 11:18 PM
I made my lazy butt get up and go do my second part of my cardio tonight. There are times, when you just have to pull from something deeper to get the job done, and that is what I had to do tonight. I was so tired, and didn't want to go... but I knew if I didn't I would have failed this challenge ..... and I didn't want to do that. So Yeah for me! :-) I did 4 days of duel cardio. I've done my pilates/abs video every single day this week, in fact I did the pilates twice today... my pilates for dummies and then my new one that I got in the mail today. So I feel a great sense of accomplishment!

Marti.. that sounds like a great idea to workout with your sweetie. Great time spent together!!!!!

Kristasmom.. wtg on getting past the cookies and staying on track! Great attitude.. YOU CAN DO IT! :)

Lisa you are going strong!!!!! Of course you can make it til the end of the challenge!!!! You have more determination than I think you give yourself credit for!! Keep it up! You are doing GREAT!

Butterfly GREAT JOB for avoiding the candy this week!!! I know exactly how hard that is!!!! Have fun on your vacation!

Happy Dance Dot hope you stayed under on your points today!!! I am sure you did!!!!

Sandy you are doing a wonderful job despite being so sick. I hope you feel better soon!

Shelldawn welcome! This is a great group to keep motivated week by week! Can't wait to see you accomplish your goals next week!!!

Ok.... well, now that I am finished .. I think I am going to bed!!!!

Everyone have a great weekend, I will be checking in!!!!

Hugs,
Cherie

Marti
10-04-2003, 01:49 AM
Hi girls!

I decided to take this night off on my routine. I've already done four days so I guess you can say that I succeeded in my weekly challenge...but I do want to try for a couple more. I have been busy with homework and reading and I just thought I would take the night off. I actually gave myself a huge headache earlier today..... school is tough!! (and it's only the first week!)

Cherie- You are doing so good on your excercises!! I read your posts and I feel that I need to get up and do mine. So today, taking the day off, I actually feel guilty!! Just wanted to let you know you're an inspiration.

Kristasmom- Good to see your OP. I'm like you, I eat when I'm stressed. Actually I think I eat just to eat!! That's not good. Last night I was sooo tired, and I was a little hungry, yet not that hungry, I could have just gone to bed... but I asked James to go get something for dinner...at McDonalds!!:fr: I ate all of my "big and tasty" meal. And it wasn't tasty. I think I ate just to eat. Next time I'm that tired... I'll go to bed, or grab some fruit!! I hope I've learned my lesson. Maybe next time I'm that tired, I'll just come here and type away.

S.Butterfly-Good for you on the no candy. I've been sooo tempted with candy. I have yet to buy any. But I'm telling you,,, it's calling my name.

So Cherie- I think that chocolate monster:devil: decided to pester me for awhile... I'm trying to ignore him!!

Happy Dot- We feel your good (((vibes))) coming. Hope you feel ours!!

Sandybrat-Great job on the yoga!! (I swear I'm going to pull out my yoga equip out and start it)

Redballoon- 1-2-3!! Fantastic!! Now go ahead and have some late night popcorn or pretzels or what ever else you'd like to have after 6pm!!

Sorry if I'm missing anyone!! Hope you all are having (or had) a great Friday. The weekend is here.... let's enjoy it!!!

Chat with you tomorrow.

take care
Marti

Aquareggie
10-04-2003, 09:37 AM
Hi!!!

Marti -- Eh, one meal from Micky D's ain't gonna kill ya. You've been working hard. It would be unrealistic to go without treats for the rest of your life! :dizzy:

Photo -- Yes! You said it... There are times, when you just have to pull from something deeper to get the job done Too bad the something deeper didn't well up in me yesterday... I had a bad day. But your attitude is right on. I'm going to remember what you said this week. :)

KristasMom -- Sounds like you had an excellent day. I like to swim, too. :) Been tryin' to get my mom to take a water aerobics class. She has arthritis, and she doesn't exercise b/c it's painful. I think she would do well in the water. Now, if only I could convince her. :lol:

Lisa -- (HUGS!!!) Sounds like we're in the same boat. I pigged out yesterday. :( Had a good breakfast and lunch (vegan), but then blew it at dinner. I remember the thought going through my head -- Why not? I didn't lose this week anyway. Terrible, huh? Thing is, I know it's far too easy to think that way... I could gain everything back in two weeks just by reveling in my depression. So I'm going to go with what Photo said... try to lean on that part of me deep down inside that REALLY wants this, more than anythng. Hey, you did your walk. A year from now you'll be glad you didn't give up. It might take that long, and it might be hard to wait that long, but you'll get there. I will too. :D

SB -- Ugh! Computers! :lol: What are you doing for vacation?

HDD -- Good to see you around again. :)

Sandy -- Feel better. :)

Shelldawn -- Welcome.

Redballoon -- Good for you for going the extra mile! I bet you can up your challenge this week. [Taunting voice] Bet ya can! Bet ya can! [/Taunting voice] :lol:

OK, Sunday I'm going to start my new challenge like I said before. A year from now I'm going to be so happy I didn't give up. I'm not going to let my goal slip away, just because it's hard getting there. Heaven forbid I have to put forth some emotional effort to get there! :lol:

Everyone have a good day.
AR

Sandybrat
10-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Hey Lovelies!!!! WELL..... i didnt do my yoga yesterday... but i will be doing it as soon as i finish posting here... LOL And i ate after 7 last night... but it was soooooo good. Fridays are sometimes just sooo hectic here. But i stayed under my calorie intake and for that i am feeling great! Hubby brought me a big juicy hamburger and french fires... i have to say i felt guilty... then i added up the calories( after i finished ) and was under... thank goodness.... Dont think i will be doing that again anytime soon... Well... i am off to do my yoga , then my challenge will be complete. Remember to take care of u...

Sandybrat
10-04-2003, 12:26 PM
Nevermind... i forgot to add in the 2 beers i had... crap! LOL oh well.. i did do my yoga already so my week challenge is successful!! Take care of u

Sandy

KristasMom
10-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Well, made it through the night without breaking my food plan.

About water aerobics -- it rocks. This is the one exercise program that I can do without extremely painful knee aches. I have arthritis in them - in fact - the surgeon says I'm eligible to have them replaced, as there is no cartilage in there. Water aerobics, and swimming, results in no pain. I've lost 34 pounds and 2 dress sizes since this spring == tell your mom, and most of the ladies don't even get their heads get damp, let alone do anything bad to their hair.

I still have one swimming workout to go - going to do it tomorrow. I'm really grateful I did this challenge; I've learned so much. Mostly that I can set realistic goals that aren't really hard to meet, and still get good results (I weighed myself this morning, and I've lost 2 pounds since Monday).

Glad you guys are here!

redballoon
10-04-2003, 06:55 PM
Heh, people, glad to hear so many reports of success and a lot of saves. I ate last night after working out since I'd already completed my challenge plus a bonus night! and it was like a vacation to be doing that. Having not eaten those nights makes me realize how indulgent and unnecessary the eating is and how cracking down just a bit can result in some major behavioral changes (if I keep doing it long enough). So this is an empowering realization. Of course, all that food (spaghetti, yum!) has me flopping around with a lot of water weight this morning. I also had some salty crackers. But I actually enjoy seeing the effect of food on my body. I mean, it looks and weighs like fat but I know it's not. OK, this time it's not but this is all helping me to just cut the emotion out of it all. If I overeat or drink tons of beer I'm going to gain weight or at least not lose so it makes doing it a lot less fun and THAT is the point at which I think I can then just start doing what has to be done to actually get the fat off. OK, I'm starting to babble here. But do you know what I mean? Someone? Anyone!? :lol:

happy, I hear you on the family feeling, though "family" doesn't conjure up the idea of support and inspiration for me! We're more than that. We're a team and one that is really pulling together to help each other on her individual goal because, as someone said before, we all have the same goal really, to be healthier, more in control of our actions, and to become closer to our "best" body. A big thanks from me too! And happy, thanks for the vibes! :goodvibes

Southern Butterfly, live taebo? was that a TV program or something? Sounds like it. Well, I may check out a tape when I'm in the States. What happened when you moved back to Memphis that you quit exercising? Was it you that was saying no one exercises there and they look at you weird if you do?

Well, you sound like you're doing great with your exercise and no candy. Too bad about the laptop. Your cat just probably wanted some attention and figured that old laptop was getting a little too much! :lol: I have four (cats, not laptops) and have got one in my lap right now trying (I guess) to keep her little feet warm.

Have a good time on your vacation and we'll see you back here (or on the new thread) later! :wave:

friendsforfitness, :cp: a hand for your 23, that's 3, minutes of exercise. Every minute counts, doesn't it? :lol: Good for you! And another hand :cp: for those extra effort desserts and early mornings. You're doing great this week, aren't you!?!?

KristasMom, "I knew what I was doing. . .but I did it anyway." :lol: Oh, that is funny! We all know JUST how you feel. I hear you on the "good food" transgressions too. I do these 21-day challenges where I have no sugar and in between (usually a day or two) I kind of let loose on sugar. The first time I just had any old thing from the nearby convenience store but the second time I got much more discerning and really had some fine stuff. Of course, that gets a bit too expensive but it sure was good and something to look forward to. More importantly perhaps, it was satisfying and allowed me to embark on my next three weeks without sugar! Well, good luck on sticking to your plan for the rest of the week. :strong:

Photogirl, :bravo: to you! That is great what you said about drawing on something deeper and it's even greater that that is what you did! Way to go! You're an inspiration! :angel: These challenges are great because it means something very tangible is at risk if you don't do what we set out to do. The idea of losing weight is a bit too hard to grasp I think but the challenges are a promise to ourselves and others in a way and not doing it means we've kind of broken our promises. I think this is just what I needed because it seems to be working. Strange, isn't it?

M.N.J, doesn't the night off feel good knowing that you've made your challenge already? That's another plus of these challenges, you can feel good ALONG the journey, instead of just when you see results on the scale or in the mirror. They allow you to relax and enjoy things more too I think instead of always rushing ****-bent on some distant goal, tripping up and feeling bad. And Marti, I enjoy how you let us in on all your feelings, the ups and downs and just so-so moments of your day. It's fun to read.

Aquareggie, we all have bad days, believe you me! So just have a laugh and continue on your way. Did you get your mom to take the water aerobics class? Oh, and I may up the challenge but I'll be leaving on my trip and things will be totally out of the routine so I don't even think I'll do a challenge. With the time difference (and I really suffer badly from jet lag) my body and hunger and everything will be on its head. I may do something though, something I can do no matter where I am. I think your taunting voice (love the ///s!) is getting to me!

Sandybrat, you've made your challenge! Hurrah for you. You're going to have the sun shining on the record board. Way to go, girl!! :cp: Power on!

deleted2
10-04-2003, 08:54 PM
I'm back and I missed you! The place is really hopping here! We just got home and after loving up the dogs and unpacking a bit I wanted to check in with my 3FC friends!

While we were gone we walked 22 miles on the beach and boardwalk! [I'm SOOO glad that my husband shares a love of walking with me.] We had a few treats , but I'm sure we burned them off. We intended to go for ice cream while we were there but we just sort of lost interest in it. Let me tell you there was time when it would've been a priority. How things change----for the better!!!

I had a HUGE revelation on this trip. The hotel where we stayed allowed its guests to go to the local YMCA. We stopped there on our way out to dinner to just check it out, just passing by, it was on our way. When I saw that they offered a pilates class and a yoga class after that, I had to do it. So, we rushed back to the hotel, changed into our workout clothes, and I did a 60 minute pilates class while Garry did the weights, and then we both took the yoga class. It may not sound like much but that's where my big epiphany comes in. I finally see that I've become the kind of person that WANTED TO take those classes INSTEAD of going out for dinner. And I ENJOYED IT, EVERY BIT OF IT! [Sorry to shout but this is so big to me!!!] As if that weren't enough we didn't have dinner at all that night, just went back to our hotel and had some fruit!

Looking forward to catching up with everybody! And next week!

:lol: :)

friendsforfitness
10-04-2003, 09:28 PM
Hi Everyone!!
Thanks so much for all the support, I am so sorry I didn't check in yesterday, but please know that I did exercise both yesterday and today! Also, nothing more that diet jello for dessert!

I'm excited tonight, because I got to go shopping, and I bought the walking away the pounds videosand yoga bricks and exercise mats and 1 pound hand weights! Now I have some variety and new things to try. I already have a copy of yoga for beginners,taebo and yoga for seniors. I figure between the beginners and seniors I might be able to do some yoga anyways. :lol: I guess ya gotta start somewhere right?

Well, I am so glad to hear everyone is doing so well. take Care and sleep tight!

Lisa

Red- I'm confused. You said I only exercised 3 minutes?? When I walked briskly for 23 minutes? I have a feeling there's something I don't know. I'm not sure I want to know. Is it that you're really not exercising until after 20 minutes for some reason? I was kinds getting proud that I could endure some more, but that bites if the first 20 minutes are no counters. Let me know if you could.

redballoon
10-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Lisa, Oh no!! :eek: I'm sorry. I was trying to emphasize the 3 because I was tickled by the odd number and knowing how I do the same thing (I've been known to count seconds, believe it or not!!) So sorry I confused you. :?: I was saying like, "Three, and don't you forget it!" and meaning it in a most supportive way! :D Oh my, here I've gotten you all worried with my poor communication skills! :^: Lisa, EVERY minute counts, don't you EVER doubt it!! :smug:

happy dance dot
10-04-2003, 10:21 PM
Hi girls...been good with the challenge ...glad everyone is pulling through....keep it up.

PhotogirlTX
10-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Last day of our weekly Challenge and I have to say it's been a success for me!!!! I did my 4 days of duel cardio, I did more than 5 days of the abs/pilates videos and I only had ONE coke the whole week!!!! This weekly challenge is what got me through the exercise part... and for that I am thankful!!!! I need to think of some new challenges for next week, I know I will still do the duel cardio, I feel that is really helping me right now.. but I would like to throw something else in as well.... I will think about it!

Lisa... You are doing a FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! Keep it up!

Eydie.. isn't that a GREAT FEELING!!!!! I am so glad you had a great trip and an awesome mental yet physical experience with working out! You did GREAT!

Red.... I understand what you are trying to say... for every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.. haha.. so eat too much, eat the wrong stuff, etc.. and you will see the opposite reaction... in how you feel and how your clothes feel etc. Going through this and learning our triggers helps us know a head of time what to expect if we decide to endulge. Gives us more info before we make our CHOICE!

Kristasmom.. great job on your challenge... and the water areobics sound like fun.. Keep up the awesome work!

Sandy.. hope you had a great weekend and was able to fit in some yoga!! Now you are making me hungry.. all that talk of a juice hamburger and french fries. I am now GLAD there isn't a Fuddrucker's here in OKC... since they make the BEST burgers and fries around! :)

Aqua.. trust me... it took EVERYTHING I had to get up and go exercise on Friday night. I wasn't in the mood, I was tired... but had I not made the commitment to myself and to you here on the board.. I would have skipped out. So I am THANKFUL for all the support that I am getting here.

Marti, don't feel guilty about taking a day off. You listen to your body, and if it needs a day of rest, then rest!!!! That way, you don't overdo it, you don't burn yourself out and you will be more likely to make this a lifestyle change instead of a couple of months change. You know? I am just working against deadlines here, and want to prove something to myself, and know that I can do it. However, I have skipped exercise sessions when I didn't feel up to it, physically something didn't feel right and such. So don't feel guilty, you are doing a great job yourself!!!

Ok... well, I am off to do my morning pilates.... I will try to check back in this afternoon.... Red.... Start up a new thread before tomorrow so we can all start posting our New weeks goals!!!!!

Cherie

redballoon
10-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Okay, all you wonderful people, I've started up the new challenge thread (No. 4) for the coming week. Please keep writing here while you wrap up your goal (if you haven't already) and then jump on over to the new thread to have fun anticipating kickoff!

Thanks for reminding me Photogirl. It's 6 a.m. Monday here and I'm reading your post going, "She must have made a mistake. Last day of the challenge? What day is today?!" Then I shuffle around in my brain a bit and it's like Oh RIGHT! It's Monday!! Now you can see why I suffer from jet lag so badly. The normal state can be quite a muddle!! :lol:

OK, for all those who want to jump over right now, here's the link! See you there! :wave:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32820

KristasMom
10-05-2003, 06:00 PM
WooHoo!

This has been a very exciting challenge, and I have enjoyed it a lot. I did my last swimming workout today, and it was .5 miles.

Something is changing in my body; I was so glad to read your post, Eydie, because I am also becoming a person who really enjoys her exercise. I struggled for the first few months of my life changes, I started with like 10 laps, mostly breast stroke and back stroke, and gradually up it to .25 miles (17 laps), and on up, gradually adding freestyle laps, then more than one freestyle laps in a row, until today, I did 7 freestyle laps in a row, and the last one was a SPRINT.

I'm not sure, however, that I could then skip dinner -- I'd much rather skip breakfast or lunch.

Lisa - I really like my yoga. Keep going -- this whole thing is really so good for us. Once we open ourselves up to changes, and we let people we didn't even know support us, we are going to be great!

Marti
10-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Last day!

I didn't do anything tonight, but last night I did a bunch of swats!! I was aching for hours!!:D

So I succeeded this week!! Yahoo!!!

Off to the next week!!

Marti

friendsforfitness
10-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Saturday I did great on all my challenges. Yesterday is a bit of a different story. It's a long story that I already wrote once in my journal today, so if you want to know what a blundering idiot I am :lol: please click on the "My Website" button at the bottom of this post and the click on the entry entitled "More "DUH" moments from a health and fitness dummy." Otherwise Just Know that I did exercise everyday this past week for no less than 20 minutes. I did wake up at 6am more than 3 times this week. The crunches I thought I had , but now I'm not sure, the journal entry will also explain that. The dessert one I lost again, last night.I am such a doof! Oh well, onto next week.

Lisa