Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#418

QueenB
09-28-2003, 02:40 AM
God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Sunday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

:wave:WELCOME

QueenB
09-28-2003, 02:56 AM
I saw we were getting ready for a new thread....and since I started the last one, I thought...."Shoot, I'll just be a thread hog and start a new one!" :lol:

This is going to be a fairly short one because it is actually almost 2:00am in the morning and this is one of the days that I *promised* myself I would exercise and I haven't yet. I will not break that promise, so me and Leslie Sansone are about to have a date! :yes:

I hope you all are having a great weekend and I will be back sometime tomorrow. I am blissfully off for 2 days and I am thrilled! :cb:

joe anne
09-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Hello friends
Thank you for the HUGGS, Prayers, and kind words. It really helps to know that others care.
I just need to let you know why else this tragedy touched me so much. My son was also in a car rollover accident last year in November, and it was Johnny's mom who called us and told us, she was worried for him because of the condition he was in when he had left her house, (about 1 AM) so she wanted to make sure he got home ok. We waited for 15 minutes and he wasn't back so we went to look for him and as we went over the highway bridge we saw a car turned upside down off the eastside of the road. There was an ambulance, fire truck and police already there. My husband said it was his car but I wasn't sure, so he got out to go ask. I was frozen with fear that it could be my son and thought only of the worse. My husband came back and told me it was him and that he was in the ambulance and that he was ok and conscience, my heart was so relived. We went and talked to him and then followed them to the hospital where he was later released.
So you see, twice GOD had saved my son. Now if he could just see that and do whatever GOD has intended for him.:idea:
Ok, I didn't mean to keep bringing this stuff here but like I said I just needed to talk.

As for weight loss, I haven't gone anywhere, I mean I do walk and try to stay within points but last night when my family and I were invited to dinner which was buffet style, I just couldn't control myself. It was like "eat more before it all gone", so I had seconds of refried beans and green chili chicken. Plus 3 cookies, it was like I felt "I had to taste these 3 flavors" although I've had them before. So now I am paying for it, I have much water retention and my scale and rings tell me this. My only solution is to drink my water and walk longer today and be more strict with my eating.
One more thing TINA I love your picture avatar, you are beautiful. When peope smile it gives others warmth and shows your inner beauty.
You all have a great day, I'll check on you all lighter.

BarbPA
09-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Good Morning!
Stopping in for my usual morning check on everyone! :) I'll only be here for a minute - heading to the gym, tanning and then some shopping. I found two new dresses for the cruise - need to find some cute shoes. :D

Tina - Love your new picture!!! Exercising at 2am??? Now that is commitment! Good Job!
:high:

Later gators!
:)Barb

Grannie39074
09-28-2003, 10:42 AM
Good morning ladies
It is beautiful here this morning about 55 and sunny.We slept with the windows open last night.

Barbpa good to chat with you last night and Syn too. Saandy sorry you had to go so quick. I did eat two cookies and skim milk.
Like I said I am going to check out the new fitness center tomorrow after work.

Hope all of you have a great day. I have to shop for food today.

2cute2Bfat
09-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone... I am finally back. :wave:
Man did I have a LOT of catching up to read. :eek:

I guess I missed all the drama while I was gone. I think some of it had been deleted already. I DO NOT want to get it started in here again but would someone send me a Private Message with what exactly her confession was for. Was anything real ... or was just her love life a lie?? I hate missing out. LOL

My vacation was very mixed... some good, some not so good.
At times I had a wonderful time and others I thought my husband and I would be divorced when this vacation is over. LOL Sometimes I wonder how on earth we have stayed together for 36+ years. Fortunately... we survived it all. (I think) LOL

There are sooooooo many threads that I missed I am not going to try and reply to everyone.... but I do have a few.

Joanne ... I want to send my love and prayers. Death is bad enough for the old.. but the young is soooo devasting. I am glad your family is still safe. {{{ HUGS}}}

Jen... it wasn't ME who backed into your car... Promise !! :lol: I hold the record in that department but not this time. :no:

Sandy... I was a girl scout leader for 5 years. Two years brownies and three years juniors. I was a darn good one too. :smug: I almost went on into cadets too but changed my mind. I really feel like a made difference in those girls lives. I could write forever on this topic. LOL I'll do you a favor and not. LOL .. I really enjoyed it and worked very hard at it. I wish I could find a "Paying job" that I had that kind of passion for. LOL

Tina.. thanks for missing me. I can always count of you. ;)
Do not worry about not getting to see your neice... your brother sounds like he will try to manipulate you all he can... but when that fails... he will still be calling you to do him favors and one of those favors will be babysitting.
I also want to send you {{ HUGS }} concerning your childhood at home. Unfortunately that is more common than anyone can imagine.
And last but not least... LOVE THE NEW PICTURE

Pam... I cannot thank you enough for all of your great posts. I got soooo inspired reading them. They are just a joy to read. Thank you (that doesn't mean you can't write downers now and then too) LOL

Natalie... I know I sent you and early birthday wish several weeks ago... but now I am sending you a late one. LOL Happy Birthday !!

J-ann... I have not seen Dr Phils show about weight loss but I have to ask... which woman do you look like ?? AND did he pick her ???

Thin... thank you and Pam for missing me too. LOL
Having withdraws was so sweet. :)

I want to welcome Keni and all newcomers .... and tell all the rest of the oldtimers I missed everyone.
Michelle, Mary, Andria, Amanda, Connie, Terri, Barb, Melissa, Duckie, Kat, Steph. Deon, Syn, and Tracy .... I read all of your posts and loved each and every one... but just can't go back and reread everything. It took me HOURS and hours to read it all the first time. :dizzy: Hopefully I will be able to keep up now. :crossed:

Okay.. hubby wants to go do something.. it is his last day of vacation... tomorrow back to work.

katrinabgood
09-28-2003, 12:20 PM
We missed you!

katrinabgood
09-28-2003, 12:44 PM
Oh yeah...one more thing...LOVE THAT PICTURE, TINA!

I really have lots more to say, but no time to say it in...be back later!

Terri in MO
09-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Hi ladies!

Its a beautiful sunny Sunday; however a north wind blowing so its a bit chilly.

I'm still trying to recover from being gone last week. Work on Thursday and Friday was non-stop meetings. I have to be ready for a big presentation on Monday afternoon to discuss "performance management" to the department. I'll be glad when its done.

Yesterday was a family reunion for DH's side of the family. We had it out at a local lake; which was a good idea back in July when we made the reservations. There was such a wind coming off the lake that it was difficult to enjoy. Lots of food which I did not totally stay away from. I felt like crap when we got home so I'm not sure if it was being out in the wind or DH is passing his cold on to me.

DH and I skipped church this morning (bad, bad Christians) because we both slept past 9 am. :eek: We've made a plan for the week foodwise and went to the store to stock up on the good stuff. I bought some of the Tyson, precooked grilled chicken strips. DH cut up a red pepper and part of an onion and sauteed the whole thing for my lunch. I added a few dollops of FF sour cream and had fajitas without the tortillas. It was really pretty good for a quick lunch.

This afternoon I'm working on a mountain of laundry and bill paperwork. I'll have to wrestle up some enthusiasm for exercise later on.

I did go to WW WI yesterday. I was up 1.4 lb. I should have gone to WI before I left town. Oh well, I did enjoy good food while gone but its partly not drinking enough water while I was gone and PMS. I agree with Kat (I think!) that sometimes PMS lasts longer. I'm getting back on South Beach and better planning. I only have a few weeks before my trip to NYC and I want to be down closer to 240 than I am now. Lots of hard work and focus will be needed.

2Cute - Good to see you back from vacation. Hope you had a good time.

Kat - How's the bike riding going? I wanted to get out this afternoon but that north wind may be too strong and cold.

Tina - Love your new pic. Good grief, exercising at 2 am! That is commitment! You must be a night owl to be up.

Barb - We're Survivor fans too. They should have voted out the whiner. I found three pairs of cute shoes at Kohl's. Shopping for the cruise - wow that's getting close isn't it? My SGD now works at Fashion Bug and she said she gets a 40% discount at Lane Bryant too. I'll have to take her shopping for our trip to NYC.

Joeanne - :grouphug: to you and your family. So tragic and sad for someone so young. You'll be in our prayers.

I need to get focused on the paperwork or else I'll be here all night. Hello to everyone and hope you're doing well and having a great Sunday.

peekabooangel
09-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Tina: I love the new pic!!! I like it better than the last one. You are so pretty and take such nice pictures. Look forward to reading your next long post. Tomorrow is your Weigh in isn't it? Or did you change days? Let us know.

2Cute: Nice to see you made it back safe and sound. I did go to the web site you posted, the hotel place you were going to for 4 days I think you said. It looked wonderful. Did you have one of those huge tubs in your room? I would just love to soak away in that.

Terri: Your lunch sounds YUMMY!!! Hope you got all your paper work done and are enjoying the rest of your Sunday.

Kat: Waiting for you to come back and post whatever it is you said you still had to say but no time. :)

Mary: It was nice seeing you in chat even if it was just for a few minutes. Are we chatting on Sundays too, or did we leave it at Wed. and Sat?

Barb: Sounds like a day planned for yourself. Hope you had fun. Did you get anything else for the cruise?

Joanne: I agree, your son and family are truely blessed to be saved twice. God must have a greater plan for him.

Okay I got to run, just had a call come in on the callwave that I have to return.....and it is so cute, I will tell ya about it later.

Hugs,
Sandy

qsilver
09-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Hey everyone :)

I'm having one of THOSE days. I woke up excited because I slept really well last night. 7.5 hours! I was following Tina's lead and took a long, hot, scented bath the night before. It relaxed me well enough to sleep. Waking up refreshed was about the only good thing to have happened so far today, and I'm feeling whiny!
I had the lesson in church this morning, or so I thought. Turns out they had an alternate lesson planned and no one thought to call me. So, I had spent several hours preparing and didn't have anyone to share with. I was pretty bummed because I actually enjoy giving the lessons. My little one was being kind of a monster about staying, so we ditched the last part and came home. As soon as I arrived the phone rang, and it was someone from Sears asking why we hadn't paid our bill. I told the woman my husband had paid it last week, and she got pretty snotty with me. She insisted I come in today and pay it, and I told her I would be doing it Monday. Then she hung up on me!
I was furious with DH because I thought he had lied to me about paying the bill, and since this sort of thing has happened in the past, I kind of went off the deep end. I was ready to pack him a bag, meet him at the door (he was at his part-time job) and tell him to come back when he had a clue about life. I was definitely having a straw that broke the camel's back kind of moment.
I called a trusted friend and we talked it out. Yes, I made sure to call someone who loves us both and has known us for about 20 years. I knew she would listen and give fair advice.
DH arrived home in the middle of this, and after I blew off enough steam with my friend that I could actually talk to him like a reasonable human being, he explained that he did pay the bill and didn't know what this woman was talking about. He showed me the checkbook, but frankly, he has written them out before and just torn them out so I wouldn't catch him in his lie. I asked him to get me the receipt, and he is out looking for it right now.
Chicks, I just don't have energy to deal with this on top of everything else. I honestly care about my husband, but I can't help thinking life might be better without the rest of the nonsense, and without having to second guess whether he is being honest with me or not. He is a really good man. He is a wonderful father. But part of me is wondering how long I have put up with his little lies and nonsense because he enables me in being fat. He makes it easy to be fat, and I let him.
I just typed out that last sentence, and it feels like I'm about to break through something big. My brain is just buzzing. I've done an awful lot of venting here and not nearly so much of the replying and support as I should, but bear with me on this one more, ok? Wow, I can't describe how I feel this exact moment. It is kind of like that huge lightbulb going off in my brain, but I don't know where to go with it. He makes it easy to be fat, and I let him... I'm going to get off here and see what happens. Don't worry, it has nothing to do with baseball bats and beatdowns. ;)

Andria

P.S. Oh yeah, in that aha moment, I forgot the other frustrating thing that happened. DH and I took off for a drive to talk things out, and I got a flat. Got to laugh sometimes so you don't cry.

peekabooangel
09-28-2003, 08:22 PM
Andria {{{hugs}}}to you. You sure did have a rough sounding day. Hope all is better now. You just have to lay down the law with DH and tell him not to bring you any sweets home and not to offer to go out and stuff like that. Good luck.

Okay on to the news of my phone call. A Lady that owns a house across the water from our shore property has taken pictures over the summer of the boys (Evan and my nephew Nik) lobstering. Well one day Evan had a friend with him and they got this huge Lobster in their trap and she came down and took pictures and wants to send the boys copies, and she wants to call the local paper (remember small town) and have them do an article on it and the boys tales of their summer lobstering. I thought it would be cute, and will let you all know if my boy gets his 15 minutes of fame.;) . I will of course play the proud mommy part you know. As soon as she sends the pictures I will scan it and post it for you all to see this huge lobster too.

Tomorrow is WI (not Wisconsin) for me, I know that scale is down cause I'm one of the addicts of the scale you know, but it will be interesting to see how much, the scale is always up and down depending on the water you drink and stuff, but I will take what ever it gives me.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Nighty Night,
Sandy

qsilver
09-28-2003, 11:05 PM

Feeling much better now. It is amazing how much better you can feel about your relationship with someone once you realize something you are blaming them for is actually your own darn responsibility. :)

Was wandering around the web and found a link on MSN to an article titled Veggie Hater's Guide to Vegetables. I'm actually a veggie lover, but there were some terrific ideas in here. Thought I'd post them up.

http://fitness.msn.com/articles/feeds/?dept=lose&article=lw_082703_hateveggies

Veggie Hater's Guide to Vegetables
By Leslie Fink, MS, RD for WeightWatchers.com

Sneaking Those Veggies In

Opt for something au gratin. Cut a slit in a baked potato and fill it with chopped spinach, tomato sauce and shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese; broil or bake until bubbly. Experiment with other fillings.
Onion rings are made from vegetables too! Give ours a try.
Stir shredded carrots into jarred tomato sauce white you heat it up, or chop some fresh tomatoes into marinara sauce. Toss sauteed vegetables (cooked with olive oil or cooking spray and sprinkled with salt and pepper) into an omelet, frittata or scrambled eggs. The smaller you make the pieces, the less you'll know they're there.
Make your famous casserole recipe and toss some veggies in. Peas, diced carrots, chopped broccoli florets, spinach or tomatoes make wonderful additions. Who can taste them in a casserole?
Don't downplay the value of starchier vegetables. They're more caloric than leafy greens, but much heartier. Try a baked sweet potato, some butternut squash soup or a roasted winter vegetable casserole.
Pair sweet, crunchy vegetables with salsa or your favorite dip. Red pepper strips, sugar snap peas and jicama sticks are delicious carriers for hummus, light ranch dressing or our Seven-Layer Mexican Dip.
Toss some roasted vegetables into your lasagna; some broccoli or green beans into your next plate of fusilli.
Don't overlook baking. Experiment with lightened-up recipes for zucchini muffins, carrot bread or sweet potato pancakes.
Make a big pot of vegetable soup, puree it and finish it with skim milk for a creamy touch. Our Cream of Broccoli Soup gets rave reviews.
Experiment with new flavors: Use pureed, cooked cauliflower florets as a dip base. Simply season it up with your favorite condiments, herbs or spices. Or try using boiled and then pureed asparagus spears as a base for guacamole, instead of avocado.
Turn your kids onto vegetables at a young age: Serve them grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters and top pizza with broccoli floret "trees." Give lean hamburgers some personality by using shredded carrots for hair, red pepper strips for mouths and diced cucumbers for eyes and noses.
Finally, avoid repetition. Even a veggie lover will get bored with a nightly side dish of steamed green beans. Mix it up a bit by varying your seasonings and sauces. Robin Vitetta-Miller, MS, nutritionist and food writer, suggests four ethnic ways to flavor your string beans: Thai - sauté in peanut oil, add a squeeze of lime juice and top with chopped peanuts.Chinese - sauté in sesame oil and top with toasted sesame seeds. Greek - sauté in olive oil and top with crumbled feta cheese. Italian - sauté in olive oil with diced tomatoes and dried oregano.

justme2338
09-28-2003, 11:07 PM
Hello everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I just wanted to pop-in and say hi before you forgot about me! ;)
I'll be back tomorrow morning!

katrinabgood
09-29-2003, 10:35 AM
Hey! We were WAY down at the bottom of the board...where IS everyone?

I've already been out walking this morning...took the doggie out around 6:30, and we walked for 45 minutes. Feels good to have the exercise over and done with already. That's not it for today though...I told dh that we're going to hit one of the local parks for a hike today. He's going camping in October with the scouts...they're going to Gettysburg and there will be two LONG hikes; a 6 mile and a 9 miler!! I thought that he should start conditioning for them ahead of time...I don't need a phone call telling me he had a heart attack up on Little Round Top! :faint: Anyway...he agreed to that yesterday...let's see if he's still up for it today! heh heh...

Yesterday's WI (not Wisconsin) was +1.4...I expected this...TOM arrived this morning...next week will be a loss. The weigher was like, "uh oh, you're up this week!" I didn't answer since I knew that I would be, I just shrugged...I think she was expecting all sorts of excuses...which I believe, is WHY the damn lines move so SLOWLY because half the people are making their excuses to the weighers....I hear them! I'm hearby making a public service announcement: STOP MAKING EXCUSES! Just accept the number...you know why it's up or down...and if you don't, just accept it, IT IS WHAT IT IS!! Now get moving, so I'm not in line for 20 minutes! :rolleyes:

Of course I don't mean YOU guys...it's everyone else! :lol:

Andria...thanks for the veggie tips! I have no problem eating them, but they'll come in handy sneaking the vegs in for the family! BTW...that's for sharing your AHA! moment!

Sandy, how cool for your son! I can't wait to see the picture!

Terri, welcome back! +1.4...not bad for being away! Sounds like you're right back on track!

For Motivation Monday, I found this...I think it applies to what we are all doing here...

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have a great day all!

BarbPA
09-29-2003, 10:53 AM
Good Morning Gals! :sunny:

I still have to catch up on reading some of the posts, but wanted to stop in and say Hello! :wave:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday! I'll catch up with you later today!

pjkdreamer
09-29-2003, 11:06 AM
GOOD MONDAY MORNING MY LOVELIES :dance: :dance:

HOPE YOU ALL ARE WELL, IT IS A GORGEOUS MORNING HERE, AND SO COOOOOOOOOL ABOUT 5OISH!!! GOING TO GET OUT AND TAKE A WALK, SO I WILL CATCH UP LATER.

TOODLES:wave:

j-ann
09-29-2003, 11:09 AM
Hi All,

Gorgeous day today. I’m going to walk on my lunch our or after work. I planned on getting to chat last night but time flew and when I looked at the clock it was 9:30!

KAT: I agree – no excuses at the scale. It does slow up the line and I too want to yell “If you have a problem that you DIDN’T cause, talk to the leaderafter the meeting”.

SANDY: I can’t wait to see the boy’s pics. Makes me hungry for lobster!

ANDRIA: Sorry about the flat but it made me grin. Talk about the perfect ending to an imperfect day. Glad things are a little better at home. Just a suggestion/question: Would it help if you took on paying the bills?

TERRI: Welcome Back! Burr …. A picnic on the lake in late Sept. Yep, definitely a wear your woolies event. Sounds like you have mentally conquered the gain and have it under control. GOOD FOR YOU!

2CUTE: Hope there was more “good” in your vacation than “not so good”. You and DH must be pretty good at compromise after 36 yrs, but we all know compromise can be very frustrating. Grrrr! You asked which of Dr. Phil’s contestants/ victims I think I look like. Well, Andrea could be my twin, but when I went to the website I found out she’s a lot younger, and taller than I, therefore, even heavier than I, but the face and proportions are the same. Should find out today if she stays or is dumped.

TINA: Love the new pic!

Okay gotta quit and get back to work....:wave: to everyone else.

Duckie25
09-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Just a quick note,
Weigh in Monday and I'm down 4 lbs and I pulled out my old Weight Watchers Point Slider and book and am going to start following the program to a T. I so want to lose 30 lbs by Dec 22 or more;).
2Cute glad your back safe and sound, sounds like you had a good trip, considering all the things hubbies can do to drive a woman crazy.

Well I don't have time right now to respond but will try to make it back later.:smug:

qsilver
09-29-2003, 12:35 PM

Sounds like everyone has a beautiful morning ahead of them. It is gorgeous outside. I'm about to take the dog out for a walk and then spend some quiet time, maybe work on that article due Friday. I'm going to have to WI tomorrow morning. I really, really don't like how my car handles on a donut tire, so I'm going to just wait until I'm driving to work and get them to fix it. Handy that I happen to work at a place that does just that. :)

J-ann, thanks for the suggestion, but I already do pay all the bills. This one I just ask him to drop off because it is right by the college. The last time I had him paying bills was such a disaster, even with a cool spread sheet I made him with dates, locations and a little box to check off when it was paid. He just checked all the boxes to make me feel good and forgot to mail out the checks. I was on bed rest at the time, so I didn't know about it until everyone started calling!

Pam, you sound so up again! I'm glad you are doing so well. Also, thanks for the SAD thought. I'm going to check into it seriously. We aren't lacking in sunshine around here, but maybe just the shifting between the seasons could have the same effect? Just having the suggestion helped me to feel better.

Kat, some of those veggie tips were great, and definitely ones I hadn't heard of before. I especially liked the asparagus spears instead of avocado in guacamole. A couple of my friends are allergic to avocado. :(

Natalie, did you really think we would forget you?

Sandy, you can tell I'm in a land-locked state, because I had no idea you could just go out and trap lobsters. Sounds pretty cool to me! Not to mention, it probably doesn't cost a bazillion bucks per pound that way.

Terri, I'm sorry you were up, but sure sounds like your attitude is right where it belongs. Did that cold materialize, or was it just the chilly wind?

2cute, so very glad to have you back! Missed you tons and tons. :)

Mary, 55 is cold, pull out the fleece type weather! Brrrr!!!

Barb, you must be having as much fun getting ready for the cruise as you will have on it. Tanning, shopping for new dresses and shoes... sounds good to me!

Ok, this is all I can reply to right now before I totally run out of time to get ready for work! Take care all, and have a great Monday!

Andria

P.S. Duckie, saw your post and had to reply. Good to see you and grats on the 4 lb. loss! You have done so well. I'm sure you will be able to make that goal by Christmas. :)

peekabooangel
09-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Andria: It still in the end cost a bizzillion bucks. Lobstering is a way of life here (fishing family) Anyway you have to buy the trap which is almost $70.00 or more once you have all the rope and stuff you need for it, then you have to buy bait then you have to have a boat and gas etc......a licence to be able to catch lobsters, hope no one else has haulded your traps and stole your lobsters. The list goes on and on and on. But yes, they are cheaper to buy here per pound than for you I am sure. The store price is like $6.00 per lb here and the dock price, which we get paid is like $2.75 and out of that 2.75 you still need to pay for all that stuff I mentioned earlier plus your worker that helps you on the boat. Long story.....but my husband likes to work for himself. My son, god I hope he decides to do something else with his life, but I think he loves the water too much? Oh well, I will support him in whatever he chooses.

Boy I made a long story out of that didn't I :dizzy:

Today is weigh in day and I am down 5 more lbs even. YAHOO, so that is 10 lbs in 2 weeks time. I know some or most of it is water, but hey, it's still 10 lbs gone that I will never see again in my life!!!!! And I will let any lbs go no matter how they are going.

I had to take Evan to the dr. today because he has had this awful cough that he just can't shake, they gave him an anit biotic and sent us on our way. But, while we were there of course they weighed him and it was not a good thing. He is 11 and with Jeans and tee shirt and shoes he weighed 167, even he was asstounded by that number. So, when we got in the car we talked about it some and he asked me for help, and that is all I needed to hear from him. We have fought and fought about food, but now he realizes I am worried about his health. So, we have come up with a plan for him which still lets him have 1 scoop of ice cream for dessert at night. I will let you know how it goes. I just did not know if putting him on the points system would work for him, so we came up with another plan for him that will be easy for him. I know we will still argue about the sweets but that is to be expected. I hope to break this food cycle with me and put Evan on the right track.

Okay off to look for a crab quiche recipe low in points.....hubby brought me some crabs home (the eatting kind ;) ) and I said oh yummy I will make quiche.

Talk to you all later.

j-ann
09-29-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by peekabooangel
Today is weigh in day and I am down 5 more lbs even
........hubby brought me some crabs home (the eatting kind ;) ) and I said oh yummy I will make quiche.

:D YEAH 5 lbs.! FANTASTIC

:o I'd hate to think he brought you home the other kind :eek::devil:

peekabooangel
09-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by j-ann
:D YEAH 5 lbs.! FANTASTIC

:o I'd hate to think he brought you home the other kind :eek::devil:

Your so funny!!! I was being funny. He would never bring those home, or the man would not have a home to come home too.:)

BarbPA
09-29-2003, 02:27 PM
Hi Ladies!

Taking a break during lunch to check in. I am having a blah day so far. It started out great - beautiful out - got to the gym at 6am - at work by 8:30 - work is nice a quiet today.....but, I have such a headache! I haven't had many headaches lately, so I am not sure what is causing this. Then, I got a nice healthy salad and some sliced Turkey for lunch. I tried a new dressing - Lowfat creamy dill! Yuck! :snooty: I ended up throwing out my salad and just eating some turkey. I do have a bowl of fresh strawberries in the fridge - they'll be a good snack! I just need to get out of this temporary funk. I wish I was outside - it's a beautiful fall day. Sunny and 67 degrees!!!

On and upside - yes, I am having so much fun getting ready for the cruise! Yesterday I put together goodie bags for the other family members we are traveling with. I included things like foot lotion, tic tacs, mentos, post-it notes, highlighter, chapstick...all kinds of things that come in handy on a cruise.

I was so excited about my dress purchases....not only were they a size smaller!! :yes: I got a good buy...one of them was only $15 - major markdown. The other was about $75. I nearly didn't buy the cheap one because it's a little more bold than I usually wear. It's a black cocktail dress, but has big bold flowers on it. I know, probably sounds awful --- but Jeff loved it! I will of course share pictures with all of you! Did I tell you about the shoes? Well, if I didn't - they are very cute, but high heels --- which I never wear!! So, I will be about 3 inches taller than my hubby in our pictures (we are both about 5'9"). Hopefully I won't kill myself walking in them. :dizzy: Ok, I have bored you enough about my cruise clothes!!!

2cute --- Welcome back! We missed you. I know you said you had a good/bad vacation. I just hope the good outweighed the bad and you have some good memories from it! 36+ years!!! That's wonderful! :cheers:

Terri - Welcome back to you too! I'm sure you are going to do great between now and your trip to NYC. Tell us again what your plans are there - is it a fun trip? Or business? I love the city! Seeing any shows??? :D

Sandy - Looking forward to seeing the pictures of you son. YIPPEE - Great Loss this week! Keep it up!!! :)

Natalie --- We wouldn't forget you!!! Do you have your romantic night for Tom all planned out? It's Wednesday, right? :love:

Kat - I'm with you...no excuses, it is what it is! You have a good attitude - you know you are up a little due to TOM and you know you'll be down next week. :cool:

Pam - Enjoy your walk! You have a beautiful day for it!!! :cb:

j-ann ---- You also enjoy your walk!!! Sounds like the good weather brings out the best in all of us! :strong:

Duckie ---- CONGRATS on your loss! Way to Go!!!!
:cp:

Andria - I hope you are in better spirits today. You last post sounded more up! :joker:

I think I caught up with pretty much everyone --- a big :wave: and :grouphug: to anyone I may have missed!

Better get back to work! Catch you all later on!

Oh - one more thing. Have we officially changed chat to Sunday nights? A couple of us chatted on Saturday and then I forgot to check last night.
:gossip:

dixiedarlin
09-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

It is a beautiful day here, sunny and cool, no humidity. I like the cooler temps, but I do so much hate to summer end. I am not a winter person!! But the winters here are relatively short, they just seem like forever.

I've caught up on reading the threads I missed. I am not going to comment on the drama that went on; however, I will say that mind games and role playing should be done in chat rooms (NOT IN OUR CHAT ROOM, OF COURSE) and fantasizes should be sent to TRUE STORY magazine. I am here for help, encouragement and inspiration. Nuff said.

I have Kat's chicken recipe cooking in my crock pot at home; I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Okay, I will get in some replies now -----

DUCKIE AND SANDY ------ congrats on your weight losses :bravo:

TINA ----- your new pick is gawgeous!!! :queen:

JOANNE ---- you're not alone; I have been off the wagon myself lately; let's make today a new beginning for us both.:high:

TERRI --- those fajitas sound so good; I will have to give your version a try.

KAT --- I totally agree about people holding up the lines whining, that's what the group session is for (I'm assuming there is one).

BARB ---- I wish I was going on the cruise with you (should anyone cancel please let me know :lol:); I hope your headache gets better. Sending healing vibes your way :goodvibes

Hello to 2cute, Pam, Andrea, Mary and Natalie; hope your having a good day (even if it is Monday).

I believe I saw some newbies in here while I was backtracking - welcome to our world!!

See you all later.

2cute2Bfat
09-29-2003, 03:53 PM
A quick hello this afternoon. I went to a nearby fitness center this morning to check it out. It is fairly new and quite nice. The walking track is padded and that was nice. I walked around it a couple of times... yes, ME.... walked. :cp: LOL
I kept thinking of Kat while doing it. Not her walking... but her offer to walk with me around the Boardwalk and my inability to do so. I want to train myself to be able to walk with Kat on the Boardwalk someday.

My food has not been good while on vacation. :( In fact.. I retaliated concerning my food plan. My dear husband decided to go on my food plan with me... and he was "SO PERFECT" it made me puke. LOL (I have some bound up hostility there.) LOL
My husband can be very judgemental at times. And I did not want him judging me ... so I acted in a very IMMATURE manner and retaliated. I ate what I wanted. NOT GOOD.

Anyway... today is day one of my new efforts. I have drunk about 36oz of water so far...and ate a grilled chicken salad for lunch. I walked around the track 2 times and what felt like a mile in the parking lot. LOL

J-ann... where can i find Dr Phils website?? I have agreed to do a Dr. Phil book study with a friend here. We have committed to writing a food journal too and giving it to each other.

Okay.. gotta run. I spent most of today checking out gym and posting here so now I have to get busy with house work. UGH !!

katrinabgood
09-29-2003, 04:42 PM
Oh my little 2cutie-patootie!! I'm so happy you took me for a walk with you!! We'll walk til we're too tired to walk anymore, the we'll get one of those rickshaw guys to haul our butts back! The fitness center sounds good...does it have a pool?

Speaking of pools, did I tell you about the Aqua class that I took Saturday morning? The instructor was so good, what a great work out! Simple moves, but very effective. That aside, I just have to tell you that I could not take my eyes off her gorgeous body!!! Now, this woman had to be in her 50s, but she had the body of a teenager!!! ...there was not an ounce of fat on her! She wasn't a skinny, muscle-y type either, just curves in all the right places and legs to die for! THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO LOOK LIKE!!

DH and I did not get out for our hike today big surprise! but we did get a LOT of clothes out of our closet...we filled up a huge bag for the thrift shop and put the summer stuff away. As I'm going through my closet, I was trying different things on. I'm happy to report that I'm wearing a pair of jeans that I haven't worn in ages! Couldn't even zip them last time I tried them on. If there are any non-exercisers out there, I am here to tell you that regular exercise makes such a huge difference in your size. While my weight loss has not been all that dramatic (SO FAR) I must be tightening up, because I'm finding a lot of things that just fit so much better. So get moving!

After we finished with the clothes, we went to do some errands and then he took me to lunch. We went to this wonderful Jewish Deli...the kind that has these mile high pastrami and corned beef sandwiches...:T I was a little skeptical about what I could possibly get to eat there, but I was happy to see a "light" section to the menu. {They are located right next to the Weight Watcher's center...good influence!} I ordered a tossed salad with 1/4 lb turkey and honey mustard dressing on the side. It was huge and it was delicious! I was feeling very virtuous next to dh with his pastrami sandwich. I'm thinking I spent 6 or 7 points total on lunch. Considering that I had only a WW smoothie for breakfast, [4 points with frozen strawberries] I know I have enough points left for my tonight's pork chops. oh yeah.

I have to get that started, come to think of it. I'd better get moving!

see y'all later....

j-ann
09-29-2003, 05:27 PM
On my way to WI ....... but for 2Cute the addy is http://www.drphil.com

2cute2Bfat
09-29-2003, 06:41 PM
J-ann... I went to Dr Phils site but could not find anyone named Andrea. I looked in several of the options... show 1 and 2 , also the 13 finalists... no andrea. Can you find HER and tell me where she is??

I watched the second half of Dr. Phil Show today. I was sort of disappointed. He is making it a copy cat of Big Brother or some of those other reality shows. I am having a hard time taking it as a serious endevour to help people.. it seemed more of a ratings game. I know DrPhil has a LOT to offer us... but why did he have to do it like those Survivor type shows.? Ohwell... I know LOTS of people are into those type of shows.

Kat... LOL .. 2cutie-patootie... :lol: I liked that. :D You made me blush. :o
I WILL walk with you someday.
And I really like the idea of someone driving us back. :lol:
My goal is to be able to walk a mile nonstop for our spring get-together. It breaks my heart to think I used to walk 2 miles many many years ago.
Gotta go... see you all later. :wave:

QueenB
09-29-2003, 06:55 PM
I've got to go to WI in aproximately 40 minutes....so I'll try to reply as fast as I can. I apologize for my absence yesterday....

The race didn't come on till a little after 2:00 and wasn't over till a little after 6:00 and I had some house cleaning and laundry to get to, so internet kinda fell to the bottom of the list. THEN, when I had time and wanted to get on....dear ol' dh decided he wanted to go to bed early and since the computer is in the bedroom, I couldn't be in here "clicking away" as he calls it, so I didn't get come back. :(

J-ANN: Good luck at WI! :crossed:

KAT: The auqa class you took Saturday morning sounds SO good. I would love to do one of those, but that requires wearing a bathing suit. :(

2CUTE: First off.... I am THRILLED to have you back!! I just can't seem to function without you here. :dizzy: Good job on going to the fitness center.... If you can do it, so can I! :yes:

CONNIE: Once again, I am happy to see you back and posting too! I think the weather is so nice. Beautiful blue skies, but not so much heat. By the way....BIG ORANGE kicked some butt Saturday, huh?! :cb:

BARB: You and all your trips....man, I want to go too!!! :^: Sounds like you had a real good shopping trip and good job on the smaller size!

SANDY: Good for you! 10 lbs gone!!! :bravo: I just have to say, there is something about the words *crabs* and *quiche* (read=quicky) that just cracked me up in your last post! :lol:

DUCKIE: Yay for you and the 4 lb. loss! I'm so happy to see you back posting and OP! You can do it girl!

NAT: We could NEVER forget you, you silly! Get your butt back in here and post though....that's an order! :drill:

ANDRIA: Why are men so irresponsible when it comes to $$? My dh does stupid things too sometimes. I'm glad you talked to your friend and I hope your dh comes up with the receipt. Don't worry sweetie, it will get better. {{hugs}}

TERRI: I am actually a closet nightowl. I used to stay up really late at night. I felt that I was "deprived" if I went to be before midnight, but that is NOT fun when you have to get up at 6:00am. So now, during the week, I go to bed at a reasonable hour, but Saturday and Sunday nights.... I stay up at late as possible! :cb:

MARY: We've been sleeping with the windows open at night the last couple of nights too and it has got downright chilly! BRRR

JOANNE: TINA I love your picture avatar, you are beautiful. When peope smile it gives others warmth and shows your inner beauty. <<< That's funny because that's the same thing I always think when I see YOUR picture. :love: Once again, I am so sorry for the tragedy you and your loved ones have experienced. You just never know, do you?

Ok guys.... I really have to leave now. I'll be back right after WI!

LOVE YOU GUYS!

j-ann
09-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Went to WI down 4.5;) . The scale at home is really off ... I expected at least -6 but I'll gleefully take 4.5 and be very happy.:cool:

2CUTE:so much for my memory. It's Angela I look like. Duh! I hope I'm a lot more together mentally than she seems tho. I really feel sad for the people he chooses. It really does seem like Reality TV gone overboard. We don't need to know quite as much about these people as we are learning. IMHO, of course.

TINA: Good luck at WI to you too. :crossed:
Might be back later, if not, I'll check in in the AM.

peekabooangel
09-29-2003, 08:10 PM
Way to go J-anne:bravo: Excellent job. Keep it up.

Tina: Sending you good vibes for the WI.....

BarbPA
09-29-2003, 08:40 PM
STOP!!!! Do not post here....follow us to 300+ and Ready to Try Again # 419.