South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 07:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Just Chat - the Weekend - Sept. 27 & 28

Oh happy day! I get to go to the Dump today and relate to all the guys! Actually the men at the Dump are very sweet and will pitch my stuff on the top of the pile even if I don't ask. The fun part is throwing the glass into the dumpster! See, I have no life!

Looks like a rainy weekend coming up. Harry is still sleeping and the dogs are each on a chair in the back room. By the way, the back room in this old house is sort of a family room. It used to be the summer kitchen but was converted before we bought the place - a very cozy spot in the winter when the woodstove is hugging us with its heat.

I had a nice surprise last night - Alison, a friend from Church, dropped in and took the Girls for an hour's walk. It was great to get dinner without two black furry beasts underfoot. Those two are usually within four feet of me most of the time but are right at my feet when I am cooking.

What's up with you Beauties this weekend?
Old 09-27-2003, 08:15 AM   #2  
Mous

Morning Ruth and the doggies!

Yesterday we had visitors from Silverthorne CO. My niece and her DH came to see mom amd me.

She noticed my weight loss and gave me kudos.

Mom and I (well I) did the cooking for them.

Bo said that meal was not too much on his diet! I then told him it was made from FF and SF things....even the dessert.

I got lots of 's!

The weather here is warm..70-80.

Mom still isn't too confident about walking so I am going it alone yet again, but I like being with me.

Going to see what is new in the SF aisle.
Know I shall be buying some soy nuts (MAYBE they won't be as addictive?!) AND some Blue Bunny yogurt.

We have a Conure small parrot) named Tonyie who is loving my lettuce and nuts!

Beauties have a great day.

Marcie
Old 09-27-2003, 08:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, you have the sweetest friends.
What's up? I'm starting to winterize the house.
The second floor plant room is coming along nicely. (now that I've killed all the slugs)
I started up the furnace yesterday, and it actually WORKED! (knock on wood) And there wasn't too much dust from the drywalling. Feels much cozier in here. I wish we had a woodstove like you, Ruthie. This big old house is full of leaks. We need all new windows. Which would be about 20 000 bucks.

back later... hopefully with something more interesting to say...
Old 09-27-2003, 09:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Hiya ladies! I think the rain has missed us and it's going to be a great day for a football game! I am so excited. I just love this time of year...otherwise dh and I just lounge around all weekend with nothing to do

OH I just love the Blue Bunny yogurt. You have to try the brownie one...

Hope y'all have a great day!
Old 09-27-2003, 09:24 AM   #5  
Imagine...

We just got new windows this spring and for the $$$$ I am hoping to he11 they will be worth it this winter. Damp & dreary day here and prolly a rainy weekend.

I am going to try to put some organization into my house of chaos. A wood stove sounds so lovely, a nice glass of wine, a book, and a little blanket.....Sorry I wandered off..... Wish we at least had a fireplcae. Well off to chores.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:51 AM   #6  

Wow! I slept like a rock! I found one of my nice warm flannel nightgowns...so nice and warm. I slept in the recliner with a towel under my leg cause it still leaks! I had the electric blanket over me and I really feel rested. Which for me is a miracle in itself!

Am going to attempt some laundry and cleaning the kitchen. Sweet DH is going to clean the bathroom, vacuum and sweep. He is also taking the air conditioners out of the windows.

Am going to try to go to church tomorrow since we have a Call Committee meeting and I am on it. DH has an Elderly meeting too.

Monday, we'll se how it goes. Am in little or no pain. Is more of a bother than anything!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:05 AM   #7  
Captain of MY Destiny!

I just love hearing about all of your lives! It really does make me feel like we are all sitting around Ruthie's kitchen table swapping tales!

Not much shaking here! Soccer game a bit later, then a trip to the dive store for snorkel gear for the cruise. I would just buy some cheap stuff but with my current orthodontic situation I need to make sure I can use the snorkel.

Very cool and damp this morning. Not sure what the rest of the day holds. I am determined to get some sewing (or at the least cutting!) done later today. We promised DS game night tonight, which I suspect will mean a LOOOONG game of Monopoly...our Junior Land Baron LOVES that game!

Wish I were in bed underneath an electric blanket getting some more sleep. I got 2 hours of sleep this morning before DH woke me up! I'm not exactly complaining! Just know I will be bone tired before the day is through. Good think Saturdays are my day off from working out!

Have a wonderful day my friends!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:08 AM   #8  
Enthusiasm is contagious

Good Morning, Ruthie
and all her sweet visitors!!

Didn't feel too great yesterday, so I went to bed early. I feel ready to greet the day now that I got some sleep.

We had a huge storm that passed through in the middle of the night! We needed the rain, but not the wind and hail!
But, it did leave everything crisp and clean for a beautiful sunshiny Fall day.

It's cool this morning (we call about 50 degrees cool, Ruthie) and I'm cooking beans for a big pot of chili for later. I'm leaving out the Masa which I use for thickener, but other than that, I think it's all OP.

DH and I are picking up our grandaughter later to take her to a play and lunch. Sounds like a fun day.

Ellis.....great job on ridding your plants of slugs!!!!

Ruth.....I envy you that wood stove. Gosh, that sounds so cozy!

Sflake.......I'm so glad you're feeling better, and that life is treating you with a little respect now! Hang in there, honey.

Ms24.......I just love the Blue Bunny yogurt, too. But I've never found the Brownie kind....maybe that's another of those things we just don't get here in the boonies!!! Oh, well, just so they keep it SF/FF.

Marcie......I tried the Soy nuts, and I have to say...they are not addictive for me. Unlike every other kind of nut around!!!!
Namely pistachios and almonds!

Thanks for the coffee, Ruth. It was great visiting. Give the furry friends a hug, and have a great weekend.
~Sharon
Old 09-27-2003, 10:11 AM   #9  
Enthusiasm is contagious

P.S.
Sflake and Marcie....I love your new Avatars!
Wish I was more computer savy and could do stuff
like that!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:14 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone,

I just want to tell you I have been getting up earlier just to check in with all of you. It's been keeping my day better focused on what I am trying to achieve. All of your input keeps me on track. Now, if I could just start exercising. I will eventually, but I'm a slow starter. I have to get in the right mindset, I truly envy folks who LOVE to exercise!
Going to a "European Market" today in a town about 30 miles away, I just heard of it but I guess it's been going on all summer and quite a success. My sister and I are going to check it out. It sounds like something fun to do.

Tippy, glad you had a good night, hope your leg is better everyday.

Have a wonderful day everyone, I'll check in later.
Old 09-27-2003, 10:43 AM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Good morning everyone!! I have a LOT to do this weekend. ALL the clothes in the house are dirty, and we still don't have our new dryer, so I'll be hanging stuff or going to the laundromat depending on the weather. ALSO need to go grocery shopping and buy OP stuff. I was working so much last week I got behind on everything else, and have been eating mostly carry out!! (Thereby spending more of what I earned than I care to.....) I HAVE to get back on track.

Ruth-Your poochies know what they're doing!! They are RIGHT there if you drop anything, and if you happen to trip over one of them and drop ALL of it.... Glad to hear that you had a peaceful meal with Harry. Sometimes I wish that a friend would come and walk the KIDS so DH and I could have a peaceful meal!!!

Marcie-COOL! I'm thinking of doing that for Thanksgiving. Most people won't notice the replacements, and the rest will probably appreciate it!! I'll have some of the standards for the die-hards (mashed potatoes) but will do something so I can eat too!!! (I love the new avatar!!)

Ellis-Did you use the slugs to start the furnace? You are making me nervous.... We need new windows too, and ALSO can't afford them!! (I know you need a lot more than we do though!!) I'm thinking I'll pick something that is always available so that I can do a room at a time or something. But first we have to pay off the new dryer, replace the stove, fix the toilets (YES, BOTH are malfunctioning!!), replace the front steps (crumbling)....You get the picture!!!

Ms24-We don't have that brand of yogurt here. BUMMER!! It sounds like they have some GREAT flavors!!!

Sflake-My house is in total chaos too!! I lost a few bills in the chaos and now they are past due....OOPS!!!!

Tippy-Glad to hear you aren't in any pain, but what a nuisance for you!! Good thing you have a hubby who helps out, because otherwise we'd all have to come kick his a$$!!!

Franny-I can relate COMPLETELY to wanting more sleep. When the weather gets cooler I always go through a period when I want to hibernate!! Still in it now. I am in a good mood, but just want my cozy bed and covers.....

Deets-Sounds like you are going to have a better day than I am! I had my family visiting last weekend when my sister and nephew were in town. THIS week it will be chores and errands. OH WELL!!!!

Snoozin-I'm a slow starter with the exercise too. I usually enjoy it once I start, but getting going is difficult!!

Hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 09-27-2003, 04:26 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Is it too late for afternoon tea, and a sf biscuit or two?

My dog is always in the kitchen too, when things are cooking. Especially if it is chicken. She would almost sell her soul for chicken.

Ruthie: I love your description of your little town. I can almost see it in my minds eye, like a lot of little towns in Ontario. Glad that you and Harry had a peaceful meal. Aren't friends wonderful

Tippy: Happy you got some sleep and that things are better.
I'm on a Pastoral search com. too. It is a big job. What phase of search are you in?

Ellis: I love big old houses, but I know that in the winter they can be cold and drafty. Thats when you have to have the fabic draft catchers at the base of each door, and get out the flannel jammies and wrap in a quilt or two.

All of you talking about cool fall weather makes me a bit envious, but only up to a point. Today it was 90deg. this afternoon.. But we have both made up our minds we will never drive in snow, unless it is an emergency of some sort that makes us have to go north in the winter. People think we don't have fall in FL. but we do, and there are definite color changes. Much more subtle. There is a tree in the park called a rain tree which blossoms this time of year, yellow blossoms, and then orange seed pods, that look sort of like Jananese lanterns.

I just set out some chrythansemums in my little fron garden. I love having flowers all year around.

I think that Blue Bunny products can amost always be found at Walmart Super Stores. Their SF fudgcicles are really good too.

Den. Ask your store manager to try to get it for you. Sometimes they will make that attempt.

Hope you all have a nice weekend. Lizzie
Old 09-27-2003, 06:09 PM   #13  

Hi again!

I'm back from the "European Market". It was really nice although rather small. Someone there told me as it got cooler fewer vendors were there, maybe they were out of their produce or whatever. Anyway, it was a very nice atmosphere. There was a small music group performing in the background and people selling cheeses and herbs and spices, sausages and the BREADS , I didn't stay by that stand for long!!!.
A few crafters were there also. If it weren't so far away I'd be thre every weekend! I was good though, only bought some spice rubs to try on fish and steak. However, my sister nearly bought out the place. Now I'm home and back to reality...

It's been a perfect fall day here weatherwise.

I hope all of you are having a nice day :
Old 09-27-2003, 08:26 PM   #14  

Hi y'all! I'm so glad to see so many familiar faces still here. I guess this really is a WOL. I can't get back here too often because I'm swamped with teaching a new grade, too many hours of grad school, and too many other commitments that I should not have volunteered for. On the bright side, sticking to SBD has not been difficult. I'm down 15 lbs. and my goal is 5 more, although I may rethink that. If I lose 5 more, nothing will fit and I'll have to shop for clothes. Which, ordinarily, would be good...but when you have zero money saved and Christmas in 3 months, new clothes are not an option.

Anyhoo...I'm happy to read all of your updates and wish you the very best. Happy beaching, ladies!

Erika
Old 09-27-2003, 08:28 PM   #15  

Oh, and I confess to you my sisters that I ate three chocolate chip cookies yesterday. THE SHAME!! I'm back on the wagon today.
Closed Thread